Reviews of ibis London East Barking 2 stars

Highbridge Road, Newham, Barking, IG11 7BA, United Kingdom

#1 of 6 hotels in Barking

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed + 1 Folded Single Bed

There are 2 Ibis hotels on the same road which is super confusing because when we went to the first one and realised at midnight that there wasn't a room for us we were obviously irritated. The toiletries provided are 1 bottle of 'bubbles' that is supposed to be shower gel, shampoo, conditioner and soap all in one - needless to say I was not happy with that, I think you should always have proper hand soap in the bathroom. Apart from that all was okay

As we had driven to the hotel from birmingham for an event I liked that we could leave the car there all day for £5 and get the tube in. The beds were comfy and the shower was quite large. All the staff were very friendly and were happy to check people in past midnight.

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed + 1 Folded Single Bed

I wanted to pay cash & they took money out of my account, I didn’t want that, they put it back but to me that was not the point, they shouldn’t have took it in the first place

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

The bed was extremely uncomfortable resulting in a terrible nights sleep and a painful back most of the next morning! (room 111) Having stayed in many many Ibis over the years this was the worst bed!

Very friendly and helpful staff

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

The room was very spacious, in a quiet area and clean while the staff were very helpful at arrival. The tv in our room had USB ports so we could watch films as well, which I found to be very good. Overall I enjoyed my stay and would recommend it to anyone.

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed + 1 Folded Single Bed

the price of the drinks! Too expensive (Rum and coke).

The beds were very comfortable the decor was very modern, which i loved. The receptionist / staff were very accommodating

Everthing

Clean, friendly, modern hotel, would recommend this hotel to anyone. Comfy rooms good food and the staff very friendly and helpful nothing was too much trouble will stay again when go down to London again.

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

The hair dryer burned out immediately when turned on

We're here for Tony Robinson . And found a Hotel 15 minutes from the Excel Centre. In the room kettle, coffee, tea, sugar. Cleaning every day. Water the cold and hot always.

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed + 1 Folded Single Bed

Police should investigate the property and take legal actions.

You can smell drugs in the hotel and on the entrance ladies would offer u for fun. It was a horrible experience for a family weekend. I did try calling the police but they were busy. my wife was bit by bed bugs and property was filthy, dirty And Unhygienic for someone to stay. Waste of money. See the pics below my wife’s leg is swollen and I was told by booking.com agent to post this issue online.

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

The food and the service in the restaurant .

Good morning, Thank you for giving me this opportunity. I travel to London once or twice a year and I have been staying with Ibis. I used to go to Etap, which is now called Ibis Budget. The staff were not " friendly" and the room was very cold so I switched to Ibis London Barking. I was very pleased with my stay, considering that there is a Kettle and tea in the room ! My suggestion is that they review the "Pizza" menu because where it says "thin crust" is definitely not a thin crust. My second suggestion would be that, maybe, the cleaning staff could smile and say hello or good morning when they meet a customer. I liked the level of professionalism of the lady manager or supervisor at Ibis London Barking. I couldn't get her name, but I think she also speaks spanish: she is polite, smiles, friendly and willing to assist. Last but not least, the sink in the bathroom has an uncomfortable smell coming from inside.

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

just the vehicle noice from the high way as i needed a quiet environment to study

Bed was comfortable, neat environment. Friendly staff. A very quite location but then vehicle sounds from the high way was an issue. you can ask for a quiet room which will make a lot of difference. parking is available but you have to pay for it at a very reasonable fee.

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed + 1 Folded Single Bed

No lock on bathroom door - not a problem for us, but could be a worry for others?

Bedroom size was fantastic. I've paid twice the money for rooms that feel no bigger than dog kennels in London! Was a nice surprise to see such a good sized room. Hotel is nice and clean/modern. Great breakfast and 24hr bar/food (we bought pizza at 3am!)

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed + 1 Folded Single Bed

Too hot room. A/c was not working. Iron was in bad conditiin. Car parking payment sys was not good if u done once u cant see again either u did right or wrong. Can get penalty of £100

Nice & clean envirnment

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

Had an allergic reaction to bed sheets. No snacks vending machine in lobby. Had to keep getting room key reactivated as it wouldn't work. Bathroom way too small.

WiFi very fast. Nice spaceous restaurant/lobby area. Friendly staff. Good location (next to large 24hr Tesco and 15 min walk to barking Station).

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed + 1 Folded Single Bed

Location is too much away from the city...although transport is available everytime but a roads feel a little lonely and dark at night.

Everything, neat n clean n compact. Staffs are real friendly

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed + 1 Folded Single Bed

the staff was very disrespectful, no matter what conditions being disrespectful to a customer is absolutely outrageous, my friend just smoked a cigarette in the room and we wasn't aware we wasn't allowed to, they didn't even give us an option, they didn't let me in unless i paid a 150£ fine we apologized and were respectful. however they didn't give my money back or let me in the room

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed + 1 Folded Single Bed

Very good hotel...awesome staff...nice breakfast spread...cafe was always open...clean and crisp bed linen...they cleaned room daily....will definitely recommend

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

The bacon was very fatty and orange juice did not taste like a pure orange. The hash browns in effect were steamed as they are kept hot in a container which generate steam so were not crispy.

The room was comfortable and warm. The staff ensured we had a room close to reception as walking is difficult for my husband.

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

That the entire first floor smelled like a ganja party.. There should be staff checking hallways etc and stop such activity as it affects the perception and experience for all of us that dont enjoy such activities.

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

The pillows are very hard and the room is tiny

The food was lovely but having to wait till 6pm for the dinner menu was a long time. And they is nowhere locally to eat either

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

Room cold on arrival -slow to warm up- a short stay only hotel. Dinner meals only just adequate for price. Breakfast disappointing. Scrambled egg greyish chunks. No mushrooms or brown sauce. Premier Inn next door again for us next time.

Friendly reception staff.

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

On site Parking should be free for guest staying, the top floor smelled of tabacco very unpleasent specially being non smoking hotel.

The bed was comfy also the room interior was perfect

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed + 1 Folded Single Bed

Tough always friendly, absolutely stupid (in the sense of illiterate) staff at the bar/reception desk.

Really good value for the money. Acces to a really good steak restaurant within 7 mins walk.

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

The environment of the hotel is really dangerous. If you see the photos of the hotel (booking.com, IBIS website) you can see that everything is fine, but in reality you would never choose. Absolutely disappearing even for 1 night only.

Nothing, this is a terrible hotel.

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

There was an minor confusion over how many nights I paid, it was poorly dealt with by one particular member of staff who accused us of lying about payment over the two nights.

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

Everything about the hotel was nice,the room,bed,and the bathroom.i like the design

The bed was extra comfy,the room were very clean and the facility were up to standard and I would like to come again

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

Paid for breakfast and staff couldn’t find that I paid was very adiment that I shouldn’t have breakfast her college had to step in and confirm that I paid she was very forthright about a cold Cumberland sausage and bacon and freezing hash browns and lukewarm baked beans

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

Location is about 15 minute walk from Barking station -didn't feel 100% safe at night so if you are coming back from the city after dark probably best to take a taxi.

Good size rooms , very modern in design and very comfortable bed.Everything super clean.Good soundproofing . Helpful and friendly staff. Free tea and coffee. Excellent and cheap parking -only £3 for 24 hours. Great value for money.

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed + 1 Folded Single Bed

No toiletries, no complementary tissues, no bath sheets, only bath towels, and hand towels. Breakfast at 06:30am was available, toaster had only 2 compartments working, no Yogurt, fruit salad was miserable, poor selection of cereals, only low fat milk, no one was there to make fresh eggs on request, worst breakfast I've had in a hotel for years.

Location, rooms and walk in shower, all hotels should be as good.

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed + 1 Folded Single Bed

Our room included a sofa bed but no additional duvet, cover, pillow to go with it. Breakfast very pricey with limited variety.

Staff were excellent. There was a young lady, Marium, who was extremely helpful throughout the duration of our stay.

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

Everything was very good. My only suggestion is staff should check the shower gels, as there was hardly any left in mine.

The room was very comfortable. I needed a fairly big desk and wifi connection and got those. The wifi was very good. The room was generally very clean and the bed was comfortable.

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

Nothing that’s I can think of.

The beds were comfy, room was very clean. Bathroom was very clean and the staff was very nice , also not to forget the parking charge was fair priced and the parking was very good. The hotel from the outside and inside was very well maintained.

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

I have been here twice now The first occasion I paid by cash then was told at the hotel to pay £70 deposit on top as I'm paying in cash And I will get it back when checking out which I was not told before booking. So the last time I went a couple of days ago I paid by card this time to save paying the deposit but on arriving they had the days messed up but when I was checking in and I showed them booking.com to confirm the date I did so they did ring booking.com and it was confirmed for that date but I needed to pay extra which I was not happy about as I booked it through booking.com so on both occasions I have been messed around with this hotel The hotel is self is lovely but booking in is a joke.

Close to the train station to get in London

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

Didn’t know what to expect as never stayed here before. But it was better than I thought it would be. Funky decor. Comfy bed and a great shower. We will stay here again

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

Breakfast was a small selection of continental and cooked breakfast, again no frills despite the price charged. Eat as much as you want though.

Simple clean no frills experience. Convenient to my destination and quiet despite being close to main arterial road.

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

Breakfast was varied and for the most part good, but the quality of the fried eggs and potatoes was a bit mediocre.

I needed a good bed and a clean room/bathroom for a reasonable price--and that's what I got!

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed + 1 Folded Single Bed

I'm still waiting for the Hotel manager to call me back as they have taken the payment three times, the room was awful and I want a refund.

That I was only there for a few hours....

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

Couldn’t get any kind of drink after the bar had closed (soft/hot drinks included). So don’t get thirsty or need to take any kind of medication after dark.

Clean room and a good price.

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

My only complaint was the noise in the car park under my bedroom window. The constant voices/shouting to each other and music blaring from car radios as people gathered for a social in the car park. I kept hoping the staff would go out and tell them to keep the noise down once it was past midnight but sadly not. I was confused to see the young lads in and out of the hotel - the staff must have known who they were in that case. It would have been a great stay other than that but broken sleep makes me grumpy!

Great staff, clean and functional room with modern decor, good shower facilities and coffee/tea facilities etc.

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

Nothing outstanding but nothing problematical either. I would have preferred to have breakfast included in the price.

Functional, somewhat more stylish than comparable British chains. The staff was friendly and helpful. Parking on the premises was useful.

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

I would hav gone some other hotel but i was in rush kept deposit for no reason we was regular people how can you not trust ur regulars shame wont be going there again and would not recommend she also gave me a room wear there was people in the room more like having sex ... and then came back down again to get a another room shameON HER NAMES ASTA) ur a cowerd no education very bad english shes lucky she dint get a slap...

Its ok and clean very noise

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

White plastic seat in the room. A comfortable chair would be nice

Quiet, clean and comfortable Budget hotel. The restaurant food was good and reasonably priced. Barking is not a nice place, but the hotel offers a little oasis of calm.

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

Cleaned no noise best stay so far and no locks on toilet . So no matter what if you hav a partner looks like he will be peeping in toilet wile ur sitting on the toilet

Very clean no smell they dont give enough towels and u cant hear noise as you would in other hotels

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

No air con , rooms too hot , no spoons in room to make drink , into iron , you have to go to a separate room to iron !! Customer service is appalling

Nothing apart from location

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

Would definitely stay at this hotel again if I visited the area. Room was modern and the bed was extremely comfy. Wifi was excellent. The restaurant and bar area looked great but we didn't get to make use of it unfortunately.

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed + 1 Folded Single Bed

The only problem I had was the key card I had to have it reprogrammed a few times only found out it was because of my phone on the last morning

Nice breakfast plenty to choose from clean room friendly and helpful staff

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

Everything, no attention to detail and staff need to be better trained and motivated.

Staff appeared to be poorly trained and lacked any enthusiasm for their job. During my stay the breakfast was poor quality, no cutlery out, coffee machine needed attended to and staff lacked any motivation. Would I book again? No.

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed + 1 Folded Single Bed

The bathroom had no vents so everything got soaked from the steam.

Checking out was very simple, our greeting was quite casual kind of like welcoming a friend.

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

Staff seemed to be constantly confused with little idea how to interact with guests. Was handed my key and told i was on the first floor but given no other information. Had to figure out were the lift was, when the restaurant was open etc. there was no bin anywhere in the room or bathroom so rubbish had to be left on the table. And any hotel that does not have all the free-view channels on TV really needs to get there act together.

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

Had to pay a small fee for parking, would have been nice if free but was only £3.00

Great hotel, staff very friendly and accomodating. Great room, excellent bed & bedding, great very clean compact bathroom. Ate evening meal here, great, simple food. Would recommend as a stop over on business.

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

Road noise. Food is extremely poor and on one occasion was not even edible.

Clean, modern room. Hot & powerful shower, ample parking. Reasonably priced overall.

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

*breakfast was good but too plain, should have more variety *had to change room as first room was smelling like vomit *personal needs to recheck your door card everyday *other guests made vandalising noise in the parking lot but hotel personel did not interfere

affordable

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed + 1 Folded Single Bed

Breakfast was horrible and very expensive. Evening meal poor and very expensive. Eating out at the cafe in Barking for breakfast is MUCH better. Eating out before returning to the hotel is a very good idea too.

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

We advised upon entry that we may be staying past our checkout time and if we do we will then pay the additional £10, we received atleast 10 phone calls from the receptionist at about 10am asking if we would be staying longer and numerous door knocks which ruined our additional stay as we didn't rest at all. We couldn't with the constant phone calls. Despite advising on the phone that we will pay on our way out, the phone calls kept coming. The stuff spoke very little English which made communication very difficult. And also we revived a parking charge disputed registering the number plate of the car upon entry and paying for park. In regards to this I have spoken to 2 members of staff Philip and Asta who have been absolutely rude and ungreatful. Asta speaks very poor English and has very poor understanding which makes her very unhelpful and to make matters worse, she's rude and impatient.

Everything was just ok

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

Room was boiling hot no aircon working awful experience

The room was so hit and stuffy aircon did not work was not happy very uncomfortable all night was ridiculously hot

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

Staff is not at all welcoming especially the people at check in. This person Pedro who was at check in made us feel unwanted at their hotel. As if why we have come to stay.

Not much to say about this hotel. Good for staying one night if you have to catch flight to airport. Otherwise don't stay there.

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed + 1 Folded Single Bed

Used a taxi twice who dropped us at the IBIS budget. Not really an issue as weather was good. Also when walking back from Tesco it was hard to find the entrance

Room was very comfortable. staff friendly.

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

Super friendly professional welcome, and assistance. Lovely quiet, ground, floor room which is great for my disability. Luggage storage available if you arrive early. Easy access to the town, buses, trains, and the tourist attractions.

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

The dog next door, no spare pillows, staff giving us a occupied room. Cleaners made another bed in our room while we were out. Knowing that only two of us staying for the whole weeend. I was not offered any discount or anything.

The breakfast

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed + 1 Folded Single Bed

There was not a light bulb in the bathroom and a horrible smell as we entered the room as if it was coming from the bathroom. Also water from shower sprays out the door not well designed at all.

Good water pressure in the shower.

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

Room not ready on time Dirty sheets on bed Customer service was disgusting Employee using disgusting language in front of me. Never in my life have I seen such terrible and disgusting service at a hotel especially in Ibis

Nothing most terrible time I have spent in ibis. Absolutely appalling and disgusting.

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

Room was smelly and the aircon stopped working over night. Could smell dampness (or drain) on entering room but I was wet from cycling there and had to be up early for RideLondon so didn't raise at the time (in retrospect a mistake) as I wasn't certain. It was ok once in the room. Noticed the windoe was open (fresh air but noisy from the road). The aircon was ineffective (ran but wasn't chilling). Had unpacked by this point so could live with the issues. Around 2am the air con stopped completely. Sent email to IBIS cusomter support - no response hence this review. Inexcusable.

Room itself was ok in terms of facilites but see below.

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

That I have to pay for parking, the room smells, no enough toiletries, in friendly night staff, night staff are busy playing with their phones

Poor customer service from night staff, room smell of cigarettes

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

Staff were rude, food served there was poor quality. When staff were asked to do for eg bring fresh towels this was not done

Not a lot to be honest. The room was clean.

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

for my short stay i did not dislike anything. even the 15 minute walk to the station was pleasant.

very surprised at the size of the room, loved the pod shower.

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

The surrounding area of the hotel felt run down and did not feel safe. Staff were quite rude and didn't seem bothered about making the effort with customers. They also didn't seem to know what they were supposed to be doing.

The location of the property made this hotel good value for money. The bar is open all night and the food is decent

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed + 1 Folded Single Bed

I was really annoyed Thursday night of the 13th. I was in room 122 & there was a large party of people who were really loud and boisterous and kept me awake until 3am. Not only that, they were up carrying on again at 6am when they woke me again. Really not happy.

Room was clean & comfortable

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

I found the bed really comfortable, despite being next to the North Circular, with the window closed, I couldn't hear the traffic and I was able to have a good nights sleep on a muggy night due to the air conditioning. The breakfast choice was good and all the staff were very friendly in the modern style reception/bar. The hotel is within 5 minutes walk of Barking centre and the abbey site if you want a bit of culture.

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed + 1 Folded Single Bed

As hotel concerns nothing to be dislike but only it is not surrounded by any facilities or service shops

Very quite place and warm environment with very friendly staff Good sound proof walls and windows

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

The 'full English breakfast' was served from electric hot plates and very limited - not a choice of eggs only scrambled un like other ibis hotels we have stayed in. very basic. quite a scary walk back from the tube via the park!!!!!!!

parking was a huge bonus at this hotel. staff were very welcoming.

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed + 1 Folded Single Bed

Two people came in to our room in the early hours. One was a cleaner who started looking at the bathroom before realising we were asleep in bed. The second was a random man.

Good price for a last minute hotel on a busy weekend in london.

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

When I arrived I was told that my reservation had been cancelled as the credit card was declined. I don´t know if it was a problem from booking or from the hotel, as I never received any email regarding this, and in fact the reservation is still on in booking, it never shows as "cancelled" reservation. I was given a room though, and at the rate I had booked it to, thanks to the staff at the reception!

The comfort of the room, cleanliness. The location as I was travelling by car and I needed somewhere close to the motorway

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

Getting to the location.Given incorrect information by a member of staff when I inquired about trains nearby going to the Excel.I had to get two buses to get there.

Food was good

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

I picked this hotel as a stop on my way to the lake district and visited family in London. The hotel is very clean and has a good bar with a nice selection of drinks. The staff is very helpful. This is a very good hotel and gives lovely value for money! Its on the North Circular, not the nicest part of London, very practical when you are by car. Parking space was 3 £. Very cheap.

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed

The location was difficult of access No refrigerator Room a bit small

Value for money Facilities meet general requirement Easy Check-in and check-out procedures

• Standard Room with 1 Double Bed + 1 Folded Single Bed

Room is well equipped with kettle, tea coffee, shampoo etc. Bed is extremely comfy, so much better than ibis budget, and the price doesn't differ much. Check in was smooth, walking station to Barking station. About 10minutes drive to excel london .

Browse ibis London East Barking traveller photo gallery