Reviews of ibis Birmingham Centre New Street Station Hotel 3 stars

Ladywell Walk, Birmingham, B5 4ST, United Kingdom

#36 of 78 hotels in Birmingham

Fine if you like hard beds

The coffee at breakfast -very weak, the bed - very hard, the room - very hot (and I don't feel the heat compared with most other people). No reception desk, just people standing around in t-shirts that advertised their role - not helpful for non-native English speakers.

The cut-yourself-bread at breakfast was lovely.

Clean hotel

- Bars downstairs. There was double glazing in the room which did help. However, the room was too stuffy when you had to leave the windows closed. We had a fan in the room but it didn’t help much.

Very clean, friendly staff (Ana was a big help and was very efficient) We arrived late in the evening. The reception charged us the wrong amount and said this is how much it is and didn’t look into the issue further. (different amount from what was agreed on booking.com) The next day we spoke to Ana and she sorted it for us within 5 minutes. Parking (there was a small charge) in the basement was very convenient.

Apart from heat in rooms, proved a very convenirent and adequate hotel.
    • Standard Twin Room

The room was very hot and had to have large fan going 24 hours a day. Made sleeping very unpleasant. Housekeeping was a bit random in terms of replenishing towels and drinks and cleaning.

Breakfast good value. Staff very pleasant and helpful. We liked that they covered all roles which made it more flexible.

Great location for Theatre Breaks

Bathroom was very compact, you had to open the door and step out of the bathroom as there wasn’t enough room to step out of the shower and close the shower door behind you. Rooms were very very hot. No air conditioning only a small fan and only able to open the window 2 inches

Staff were very friendly and helpful. Great, reasonably priced menu 24 hrs. Lovely breakfast. Within 1 minute to Hippodrome Theatre

Key cards ,!
    • Standard Twin Room

Key cards not working properly .May seem a minor inconvenience but not when you are returning tired after a day out ! Some people opened the door to our room ( it appears they were accidentally given the same one ) . After that our cards wouldn't work and we got them fixed downstairs . We were dealt with by a lovely young man , who sorted the cards , apologised for the mix up and gave us a card to get a drink at the bar . The following day the cards were not working and we went down again to ask staff to sort them out .Unfortunately on this occasion the staff members attitude left a lot to be desired . She more or less lectured us on carrying the cards correctly ,not with our phones ( we were not carrying them near our phones ) , in shopping centres near scanners ,( we had not been shopping ) , it went on for several minutes and none of the scenarios she mentioned were relevant . We felt that she only had to say 'sorry' and reset the cards , but we felt she was patronising and rude instead . All other staff we encountered were excellent we hasten to say . We became aware during our stay that other guests had difficulties with their cards also . Perhaps she was tired of dealing with the complaints but we feel that the problem may be with the cards .

Majority of staff were helpful ,accommodating and very friendly . 24 hour food service is brilliant and the bedding was excellent .

Perfect Hotel

For some the noise from the night club and loud pubs outside your window maybe too much. The hotel provide ear plugs. I didn't need them I slept like a baby. So to speak.

Location great for the Bull Ring 5 minutes walk, the Hippodrome is just round the corner. Room was very clean the bed was very comfortable. The staff were friendly the food was delicious. The view from the room showed me what was going on at night with the clubs and pubs. I was so tired I slept through it.

Very food

The size of bed in twin rooms is a little bit narrow. The showering is bad.

The room is large and clean. The location is quite near to Birmingham city centre, in the range of China town. There are lots of good Chinese restaurants.

Literally perfect location if you are coming to stay for a...

I dont have any complaints

Literally perfect location if you are coming to stay for a night out. Right to big clubs like 101 & bambuu. Plus all the bars in Arcadian. Staff was very friendly & helpful

Not as expected

Room felt claustrophobic given position of bathroom and small window. The cooling system did not work, a fan was provided which simply blew warm air around the room. The set up of the windows meant it was difficult to have them open. Poor nights sleep as it was far too hot. Disappointing breakfast.

The location was good.

Enjoyable.
    • Standard Twin Room

Our room look out on the bars of Chinatown and they were open until the early hours. We had earplugs provided and soon got of to sleep.

The Hotel situated in good place very close to amenities. The beds were very comfortable. Room was very clean. Staff very happy and helpful. Would stop again.

Won’t be using it again and I have used a number of ibis hotels before with none of these issues

The complimentary ear plugs should have told me everything very noisy area and therefore could not leave windows open and room was very hot even with fan on

Just a bed

I paid for double room only got a twin and I booked two breakfasts and had the stafff on my back because it had only said one breakfast.

It’s in Birmingham city centre

The staff are very professional and friendly!
    • Standard Twin Room

Very loud outside my room, there is an outdoor night club next to Ibis hotel that plays music until 3am.. :(

The staff are very professional and friendly! :)

4.5
    Heat heat heat in Birmingham

The first room was boiling hot. No air conditioning in any room. Tried a cold shower to cool off during the night but it was boiling hot and couldn’t be adjusted Staff said this happens in heat waves . We can’t do anything was the comment After 1 night the manager nearly collapsed when she walked in the room as it was so hot.

When we were able to see the manager after a bad night she was very helpful and let us view other rooms plus a drink voucher Bed good

Happy Wanderer

Just the noise from the clubs under my window. However, I was so tired I slept through it.

Firstly location the room was lovely the bed was so comfy the pillows were perfect. Staff was absolutely lovely. And the food was good. Next time I am in Birmingham this is where I will stay.

It was comfortable, clean, good WiFi connection, good size...
    • Standard Twin Room

The location wasn't totally fantastic, but that is acknowledged when you book the room. It's very close to some nightclubs and the noise does travel but they supply ear plugs. Fine for me but I can imagine not if you don't like earplugs :)

It was comfortable, clean, good WiFi connection, good size room.

Great party location at a very reasonable cost.

Room was hot but more comfortable with the fan. Air conditioning unit not very powerful.

Location great! staff Great! Clean room. Good check in and out.

I have stayed here a few times and it has always been great!

The room was very hot. The bathroom was small. The new check in and out process (no reception)

The location, the lay out of the hotel. The bed was very comfortable.

Location was ace, super central and it took less than 10...
    • Standard Twin Room

Location was ace, super central and it took less than 10 minutes to walk to a comedy show at the O2. Many food venues around. Also onsite parking, which was fantastic, and the staff went over and above to make it a pleasant stay. All round, a really nice, convenient stay!

good for the money we paid

The room was very small and the bathroom was extremely tiny - just literally a shower, toilet and a sink all on top of each other in a cubicle. There was a heater / cooler in the room but this did not seem to cool the room down at all so we were very hot for most of the night

The bed was very comfortable and has a memory foam topper :)

Great location, super staff but very noisyJo

Could have air conditioning. Also noise was expected but kept awake till 5am with party people shouting which was a bit extreme.

Great location for bull ring and staff were amazing !

acceptable but would question a return
    • Standard Twin Room

more responsive reception staff, long wait until another staff member appeared out the back, this wait could have been reduced significantly. Reception process and location could be more obvious, instead it was a case of reading a staff members T shirt to know where to check in. The rooms are not air conditioned, it was a hot day and night granted but there is not sufficient ventilation in the rooms, the heater/cooler was out of date and inefficient.

The Food was excellent (late evening meal) - did not have a breakfast so can not comment on that.

It's very clean and in close distance to the city centre.

Extremely noisy. Both in the reception and the breakfast area music was too laud with no reason at all. My room had a view to a backyard were pubs are located. I was unable to sleep until 4.00 in the morning, even with the windows closed.

It's very clean and in close distance to the city centre.

Hotel was in a great location, rooms where fine for the...

Just the noise but thats not the hotels fault

Hotel was in a great location, rooms where fine for the price, there were earplugs for the noise but they were uncomfortable so I still heard the noise, it is really central so I expected this. Staff were super friendly and helpful.

Staff friendly, location close to everything

During the night as it was hot, I had the window open. There was so much noise from people outside, this was through the whole night which meant I didn’t sleep well.

The service from the staff was excellent. I was traveling on my own with my young daughter and they were just so very helpful.

We came to visit family and the location was very good as we were central to where we needed to be

We were on the 4th floor and the noise level from outside was not good even with the earplugs in but it was very hot and we had to have the window open as the AC was not powerful enough. The hairdryer in the room did not work but was changed as soon as housekeeping were informed

The breakfast was good

Too noisy
    • Standard Twin Room

If you get a room on the 1st or 2nd floor the music from reception travels up. The hotel supplies earplugs because of this but the sound of the drums and bass seem to travel up through the bed and into your skull. I would not stay on either of these floors again.

Clean, no fuss and easy; everything you would expect for a simple and cheap short stay.

Definitely stay here again, but use alternative parking near the hotel.
    • Standard Twin Room

Underground parking was a bit tight, had difficulty manuvering the car due to layout and concrete pillars randomly placed, would have been impossible to park if the car park had a few cars in it, thankfully for us it was empty.

Very Comfy Beds

Convenient & clean

Booked car parking, left & then space was sold to someone else as well. Easily sorted by staff but was a tad annoying

Location, pool table & bar open when needed :-)

Not much

Most. Room very hot. No facewash Noisy...... So despite paid till Saturday 30th July. Left the hotel on Wednesday 27th. Staff only said she can't refund. Still left

Not much

Came to this hotel for Katy Perry Concert it had a nice look...
    • Standard Twin Room

Came to this hotel for Katy Perry Concert it had a nice look, staff and amazing room for a valued price i would come back for a visit to Birmingham for another stay for sure

The gr8 ibis hotel

Location was great service good very polite staff security tight but think light buffet breakfast should be provided regardless of rooms booked and charge for evening meals also provide entertainment at hotel.. other than that good oh cleaner never changed bed linen not good.

There was a naked man in the reception when my partner came...

There was a naked man in the reception when my partner came down to have cigarette, On leaving the hotel there was a heated argument with a guest and a member of staff that resulted in the guest spitting on my partner as we walked past

LOCATION GREAT LET DOWN BY THE DETAILS
    • Standard Twin Room

Tiny towels. Air con not working could open windows but overlooked so defeated object as had to close curtains. Mirror in wrong place Staff putting fresh cooked food at breakfast on top of old not good practice esp with eggs! Staff too eager to remove your breakfast stuff....one tried to take my drink and I was still holding it...very rude!!

Location and accessible to central Birmingham. Was able to leave car in carpark early and bags in hotel Great check in too

To be honest I just bonked all weekend so it was bloody brilliant!!!!!!!!

The beds were horrible I wouldn’t want my worst enemy to sleep on them!!!!

The beds don’t have proper mattress and it was probably the most uncomfortable sleep I have ever had! The pillows were lovely and the staff were very welcoming and friendly the overall look of the hotel is ok however please invest in new beds other then that everything was fantastic!!!!!!

Acceptable for price paid
    • Standard Twin Room

Very small room. A large person would struggle to get in and out of shower without the bathroom door being open.

Great central location. our room was on 1st floor at back & we were warned it would be a bit noisy and were given the choice of waiting for another room to be available. We didn't want to wait and the room was fine for us, could just hear a loud thud of music until 4 in the morning. They do provide ear plugs though.

The shower was very good, and our room very clean.
    • Standard Twin Room

Customers should be made aware when booking this hotel that there is a nightclub next door, and the music can be a heard in the rooms. Don’t expect a peaceful night on a weekend.

The shower was very good, and our room very clean.

Enough room to comfortably move.
    • Standard Twin Room

Beds bit narrow. Aircon struggled to keep room cool yet appeared to be going

Enough room to comfortably move. Double windows to keep out noise baby cot provided. good value breakfast. Enjoyed that so central to everything so we could just walk. Staff were very friendly and helpful

Thanks for all ur efforts to make our stay memorable .
    • Standard Twin Room

Nothing - may be the breakfast need littel change or just more veggies .

The bed was extra comfortable and the staff was really very friendly with adults and children .

Ibis
    • Standard Twin Room

I didn't like that there was no official check in desk upon arrival. We did not not know where to go and so I asked a staff member - I said "where do we go to check in please?" And she told me to queue at the bar, which I thought was odd. After getting to the front of the queue, I was told to take a seat and somebody would be with me shortly. A few minutes later a colleague asked if I was ok, and I said I'm still waiting to check in, he said ahh ok and finally, I got somewhere. I was given my key and went to my room. Frustatingly, next I discovered my room key was not working and it became obvious that they key was not activated for the door and so I went back down to the lobby, angry now and the key was re-activated. Opening the door, the room was clean but too small. Very pokey. The bathroom was ridiculous. If you're overweight, you have no chance at finding anything about that room comfortable. Horrifyingly, the aircon was not working and so, the silly double windows were both open of an evening and I could not get any sleep whatsoever on night 1. Way too stuffy. At around 6am, I was gasping for a drink and didn't buy any from a local store for overnight, so i gathered up, what change I could find and preceeded to find a basic in any hotel, a vending machine. I was searching aimlessly in the lobby area, to finally find out, there isn't one from a staff member working on the bar and he told me, you could only get a drink behind the bar. I asked for a coke and I was short of 50p, I said "can i owe you this later, i'm desperate for a drink and I have no change left in my room". I honestly thought he would say don't worry about it, but he never, he looks at me, like I was asking him to sever his own arm off and he eventually agreed but asked for my hotel room number. I gave him it but couldn't believe it. I paid the 50p back to a much nicer lady, later on in the day. Those prices are appalling.

Cleanliness. The tv is good. Very good at finding staff members, always seems to be somebody about. The free pool table is a very nice touch. And me and my brother found thid about the only thing enjoyable about our stay.

Mixed experience
    • Standard Twin Room

It is not in New Road and is further from the station than expected. It was very noisy on the Saturday night until the early hours due to being next-door to a nightclub and restaurant complex. Overpriced considering the location.

Staff were great, room clean and the breakfast was superb.

Parking was an issue as you couldn’t book a place.

Parking was an issue as you couldn’t book a place. Just had to turn up and hope for the best. There was however alternative parking near by and Ibis would refund any cost over £12 for you.

Exactly what was needed.

There was nothing not to like.

The people were all happy to help and friendly, the location meant you had Chinese food right outside and the room was quiet which meant a peaceful night ready for my exam the next day.

it was really lovely

the hotel room keys could do with being changed to an easier way so it doesnt take that long to get in your room

the breakfast was lovely, the rooms were very clean and the bed was comfortable. we had a slight problem with checking in as we almost didnt get breakfast as they had to check that we had booked it. We also had a bit of an issue with the hotel room keys as they took ages to work, overall though apart from the two things our stay was very pleasant

Simple check in, easy no fuss rooms

Small bar, service could have been better. Very noisy room with window open as near nightclubs, bars, they did provide ear plugs though

Simple check in, easy no fuss rooms

Breakfast okay.

there was no telephone for room service even though there was a room service menu available in the room. Air conditioning very bad. One of the power sockets closet to the bed did not work so I couldn't have my mobile charging while using it at the same time on the bed. Room was smaller than I thought, you walk right into your bed upon opening the hotel room. Also there is a pub right next to the hotel, so if you are looking for a quite place to stay, this hotel should not be your choice. Also a room across from mine had blasting music on, seems to have had a party with many ppl in the room

Breakfast okay. Friendly staff.

Staff were nice that was the only good thing
    • Standard Twin Room

I stayed here with my nine year old daughter and it was not a nice hotel. Location was horrible, loud and noisy. People drinking and shouting. The person in the room next to us played rock music till 3am. The room was tiny and the bathroom even more small . Personally for the money £58 I expected at least a bit more. I’ve stayed at the Ibis plenty of times in other locations and never felt like this about it. Will not be returning !

Staff were nice that was the only good thing

Disappointed
    • Standard Twin Room

Staff were very good however, there were few things didn’t match my expectations. First, the images of the room and toilet in the booking.com website were so different, the size of the room was way smaller than what it looked in the images and the toilet was too small for me as I am very claustrophobic to those sizes of places. There were no locks in the toilet’s door and that was inconvenient. I have choosen this hotel because it said in the website that it contains an air conditioner since now we are in the summer but still the room was too hot to the point I woke up sweating so hard. The view out of the window was so depressing and there was high noise I was hearing all night I was not able to sleep comfortably. The breakfast was not so bad.

Staff were very good and friendly and this is one of the most important things to me.

the staff made me feel extremely welcome, and very helpful
    • Standard Twin Room

I went over to the Chung Ying Cantonese Restaurant which was opposite the ibis hotel, when I looked at the restaurant online, it said it was wheelchair accessible, they had got a ramp which they put up to the step inside the restaurant, but there was step outside the restaurant, which I could not get up in my chair, it is not acceptable in this day and age not to have access for disabled tourists such as myself, it makes me feel angry, and a second class citizen. I had to have my takeaway brought out to me I will be contacting Birmingham city council about this matter, as on there website, it says it is wheelchair accessible which is misleading to disabled tourists.

cooked breakfast excellent, the bedroom that I was allocated was roomy enough to move about even with my leg elevated in my powered chair, The Rollin shower was big enough so I could drive my chair into the wet room and transfer to the shower chair which had handles you could pull down on both sides, extra towels and pillows provided. Because my powered chair was running out, of power, the young man I ordered a pizza from the hotel, and normally they don't allow guest to have a meal in their room but they made any exception for me as my chair was running out of power, I appreciate the staffs help on Friday night,

When we arrived it was quite busy so we were asked to sit down and wait. We didn’t wait for long

We asked for an extra night and as if it was possible to have some discount as we had just booked a room at £64 and to add another room for and extra night was £109. Which I thought was to much. We were told no that the price for that night. We would have stayed another night in your hotel if it wasn’t for that. We got a room in another hotel for £35.

We always try and stay at an ibis as we know the layout and how it works. We like the setup.

Look - did the job and matched my experience/excpectations of a City Centre budget hotel.
    • Standard Twin Room

Was not really a problem as I was so tired and slept on in impact on going to bed. However, Room 148 was adjacent to the throbing nightlife of Arcadia! The potential issue reflected in packs of ear plugs adjacent to the bed!

Centrality and price. The basics were there for the overnighter and the staff were so helpful and just wanted you to enjoy your stay.

Very noisy & location not as advertised.

This hotel was advertised as "Birmingham central New street station" which it wasn't it was a 10 minute walk away from the station in the middle of chinatown surrounded by nightclubs. It was unnerving walking to the hotel, especially later in the evening due to crowds of revellers roaming around. I hardly slept due to the noise from the adjacent nightclubs which went on well into the early hours. it was definitely not what I expected & I feel short changed. I have twice complained to the hotel about my experience & so far have not received a response.

The check-in was simple as you are met on the door & given you key card by friendly staff. Quick & easy.

Acceptable. Staff are quite helpful

No phone in the room to contact front desk or house keeping. Lift is not functioning well nearly got trapped inside.

Good Location. Near Grand Central train station and shopping arcade

Theatre stay
    • Standard Twin Room

Perfect location for theatres, shops and restaurants. Not the most spacious room I've ever stayed in, but such good value for a one night stay! I paid for breakfast next morning which was buffet style with good choices of continental and cooked items.

The hotel was easily accessed from New Street Station and we enjoyed being in the Chinese Quarter.

Excellent location, and the staff were very helpful. Good, clean, light and airy rooms and a very comfortable bed. We didn't avail of the breakfast facilities so cannot comment. Would definitely recommend.

Definitely would stay again

Cleaners knocking on door at 10am to get in and clean room even though checkout wasn’t till 12.00

Lovely clean room and spacious, triple glazing for noise not that there was much slept with window open all night, reception staff very nice didn’t keep u waiting happy to help with anything. I was a lone female traveller felt very safe in hotel and area.

Great Hotel for a night out.

Due to its location, windows had to be closed at night which meant the room was boiling hot. Shower took sometime to cool down.

Great location and staff were polite.

Busy and well located. Good value for money
    • Standard Twin Room

Not New Street - knew that but misleading. Could hear noise from music in reception. Ear plugs goodb

Clean comfortable rooms conveniently locate Food available

Location was really good, very clean and bed was comfortable.

The extra price for the breakfast, the noise, room was too hot no way to cool the room down and pillows were not nice. Drinks in bar were very expensive.

Location was really good, very clean and bed was comfortable. Snooker table was a bonus and could take drinks from the bar too your room.

Average

Rooms are very small especially the bathroom. Carpet was quite dirty. Also the lift got stuck whilst my partner was inside for 20 mins

Bed was comfortable

Quirky, reasonable value, but not at the top of my list to return to
    • Standard Twin Room

The Ibis is a quirky hotel which seems to be modeling itself vageuly on the CitizenM hotels but doesn't quite make it. The lobby is noisy and brash and is also where breakfast is served. I must be getting old - it didn't do it for me.

The staff were extremely pleasant and the room was ok. The location was good and the hotel was easy to find. Check-in was done on what appeared to be a smartphone and the atmosphere is relaxed and informal. Breakfast was quite good.

This hotel was fantastic from start to finish. Modern, friendly motivated Staff, fantastic place.

The only thing I can think of is the rooms weekend big, the aircon wasn't working in 20°heat and the breakfast wasn't great.

We loved the reception style. Being greeted by a person and not an overpowering desk. The staff we fantastic. So attentive, friendly and welcoming. The food from the menus was gorgeous especially the Grogg's burger. And they serve 24hrs at no extra charge. The cleanliness was 2nd to none. They had a pool table and fuzzball table that were free to use. It would be a great hotel for Couples, business and families alike.

Excellent location, clean, room had all the basics you need
    • Standard Twin Room

Room was very small, bathroom tiny (like a caravan washroom) and very warm (air con didn’t make much difference)

Excellent location, clean, room had all the basics you need

Good location, clean, friendly staff. Rooms small, parking not bookable. Would return though.
    • Standard Twin Room

During booking, the price increased a fair amount. The ice machine was broken, so they would only give out ice in drinks bought at the bar (which were typical hotel prices)! A chair in our room was damaged, which I noticed when moving it when it sliced open my finger. I reported the incident on checking out and spent 45 minutes filling in an accident form online with a member of staff, only to find we could not submit the form! The other disadvantages were the room sizes and the fact that parking could not be booked and was only on a first come first served basis, despite being charged for! Only one lift went to the car park, so you often had to go to the ground floor in one lift and then to the basement in a different one!

The staff were mostly friendly, and the place was clean and pleasantly furnished. The hotel was only a short walk from the centre of Birmingham, the Bull Ring and New street train station, has secure under ground parking (not bookable though). Close to numerous restaurants and take aways.

Great location for what we needed, on the door step from the...

It was really noisy due to the location, didn't get much sleep.

Great location for what we needed, on the door step from the train station and the hippodrome

Uncomfortable

Noise

Staff are lovely. Room was small n very basic . Bed was hard. Noise was disgraceful outside with taxi drivers arguing n ppl screaming n shouting till 6 in morning

Nice hotel but does not have Air Conditioning as stated

The hotel says it has air conditioning but it does not do the rooms were very very hot. I am not happy about this considering how much I paid to stay here

It was close to near by nightlife and shopping centre

Strong wifi, fast lifts.

No phones in the room. Plugs too far from bed so couldnt keep my phone on charger during the night when i wanted to have it next to me to hear the alarm . Towels were old and hard. I dont want to know when was the last time they changed them. No frontdesk!! The staff is running around in their red tshirt with sign “i’ll check u in” which is not very welcoming. I ordered pepperoni pizza with 7 slices of pepperoni on 6 slices of pizza. Seriously??

Strong wifi, fast lifts.

Ibis is always a great stay...
    • Standard Twin Room

No air conditioning so rooms will be hot in the summer but staff did provide a fan upon request.

Excellent location and comfortable room for a great price.

Happy Times In Birmingham
    • Standard Twin Room

The rooms although small are manageable, The staff are extremely helpful from arriving to leaving there was nothing that was too much for them would be more than happy to stay here again. It was great that the hotel was only a 5 minute walk from New Street Train Station & The Bull Ring.

Good breakfast.

Location very bad. Very very noisy environment. Bars and clubs directly outside loud till 5am. Double glazed and earplugs provided but room so hot had to open window. Walls thin so neighbours tv noisy.

Good breakfast. Room clean.

I was a very nice hotel to stay in and would use again.

Lack of sugar in room. Went to ask and only had sweeteners.

The food was excellent and the staff were great, very friendly. The only downside was the lack of sugar in room.

Cheap and very cheerful!

Some noise from outside but the hotel provided earplugs which did the trick!

Really efficient check in, it was clean, had an amazing shower and in a brilliant central location.

NOT in Birmingham Centre New Street Station Hotel

Please give the correct address for the Hotel ,,,,,,,,with clear directions on which exit to take when leaving the station,,,,

The hotel was OK,,,, but the address is NOT correct,,,,,, my stay was only for one night,,,, and I picked the hotel for its location in the Station as I thought !!!!,,,,, its a big station and linked to the massive Bullring Shopping Centre,,,, the hotel is a good 10 mins from the station ,,,,, I had great difficulty finding it,,,, going aroung the station and the shopping Centre,,,, the address needs changing,,, I asked Station workers they never heard of it,,,, the hotel is in Chinatown,,,,, Once I got there it was OK,,,, but I was totally frustrated,,,,, by the search,,, and it soured my stay,,,,

It was close to New Street Station and directly in the heart...

For a longer stay I'd have liked a bit more deskspace in my room, but you can still go downstairs and sit in the common area to work.

It was close to New Street Station and directly in the heart of China Town. I felt safe due to the night security guard and that, before you are going up late at night, you are asked for ID and it is cross checked. I liked that you could work in the common area and that you had sockets to charge your laptop/phone at a lot of tables.