Reviews of ibis London Gatwick Airport 3 stars

London Road, Crawley, RH10 9GY, United Kingdom

#8 of 18 hotels in Crawley

Excellent location and shuttle buses on time and made life so much easier getting to Gatwick. Spotless room and bar, very friendly staff - loved it.

• Standard Twin Room

I did a reservatiom for only one night. As I had a very important interview at 5 am the next day of my arrival, I left a message asking for a very quit room on a high floor. I ended up being on the first floor surrounded by a lot of noise. Didn't sleep all night and was very tired the next morning. Really unacceptable!!!!!

The shuttle bus service from the airport was very poorly defined. The timetable and bus stop documentation at the airport was confusing and contradictory. As a result I took a cab The return to the airport was good.

It was a basic airport stopover hotel

All Good

Fantastic Stay! Amazing service for leaving car at the hotel for duration of stay......very prompt, even meet and greet at the airport on your arrival. 5 Star Service.

• Double Room with Single Bed

There was nothing I could have improved upon.

After a tiring train journey from Southampton where I had returned from a cruise, I was very pleasantly surprised by the standard of room at the Ibis. It was extremely comfortable, the shower was spacious, tea and coffee making facilities in the room and lots of power points for charging electronic devices. Shuttle bus to and from a Gatwick airport stops right outside and costs £3 each way. I paid £53 for one night and really feel I got a fantastic deal. Would highly recommend.

• Standard Twin Room

Competively priced. Clean, compact & modern room. About a 10 min drive from Gatwick Airport. Shuttle bus available for £3 each way. Restaurant on premises.

• Standard Twin Room

Fish and chips was poor and the red wine was aweful

Rooms fine, clean and comfy beds other guests can be noisy and at odd hours because of their travel arrangements

• Double Room with Single Bed

It would be helpful if the hotel advertised which bus to catch coming out of arrivals. Could not find the right one and ended up with. £15 taxi fare for a very short journey

Nothing special - it was a decent overnight stopover

• Standard Twin Room

Beautifully decorated, very modern. Quirky room and shower design. Staff incredibly friendly and helpful. We didn't expect that in an airport hotel. It was quiet, and efficient. Our price was good, but I know it can cost more, which would be less attractive.

• Double Room with Single Bed

The mattresses for my husband and me were horrible, we could not sleep at all, also lots of cables by the beds not very child friendly (we were with our 4 years old son)

The decoration and clean hotel

I thought it was at a walking distance from the airport but it wasn't, you have to either take a taxi or uber or go with a bus. We took a bus, it was really fast, but it was 5AM, kind of annoying when you want to get to the hotel.

The hotel was OK, personal was the thing I want to mention as the best of it. The rooms where really small, everything in UK is really expensive, but we thought that paying a fare fee, we would get a bigger room but the attention was so great that we loved it!

From what I have experienced I would have to stay nothing

Really comfortable bed, clean room and fantastic shower/toilet facilities. Excellent staff, polite and helpful. Overall great facilities everything I needed for a relaxing and comfortable night before my long haul flight. Have stayed here 4 times now and never been disappointed, always meets my expectations.

• Double Room with Single Bed

The noise from the guests was terrible! Appreciate people airport hotels at all times of the day BUT the noise was unacceptable. I was kept awake from 1am till 6am due to banging and loud conversations!

The hotel was in a good location . Staff were friendly and it was clean. Comfortable bed, good shower etc. What you need for a quick stop.

• Standard Twin Room

The rooms were clean but a little small. Bathroom was new and different as it was a compete plastic pod having all you need in the space provided. It was easy to get to airport by bus.

• Standard Twin Room

Our room hadn’t been cleaned before we checked in. Bed sheet were old and it was clear other people had slept in them (dirty) and they’d not changed them. Overall the cleanliness was bad. We rang down to reception and were advised we’d need to move rooms because there was no staff to come clean our room, we had to take all our suitcases downstairs to then go back up and move into the room next door. The bed sheets were at least clean, but the rest of the room wasn’t pleasant.

Staff were friendly and accommodating when we made a complaint about the cleanliness of the room.

It was very close to Gatwick Airport and served well as a place to stay overnight between flights. The room is very basic but has everything you need for a quick stop-over, including tea and a kettle.

I had chicken and chips for the evening meal - the chicken lacked flavour.

The continental breakfast was very nice and well worth the money - the pains aux raisins were delicious. The room looked like it had been recently refurbished - plus the bathroom. I thought this to be quite impressive.

Only for the courtesy bus service to continue throughout the night.

Our only feedback was that on this occasion we arrived in the early hours of the morning - the courtesy bus to the Ibis had stopped running - we had not realised it was a limited service and therefore we found a taxi - £15.00. Adds to the cost of the room. Please check bus times if you have a late flight into Gatwick!

Restaurant was ok. Service was good but the food was very average. I had chicken and fries... chicken was extremely dry and fries over cooked. I did eat without complaint as I was hungry and tried. This is my only issue, otherwise excellent.

• Standard Twin Room

Very nice hotel if you need to spend a night near Gatwick airport. My room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was basic but was ok.I would recommend this hotel.

The room was very comfy and quiet. Staff very helpful and friendly. I was able to check in as soon as I arrived, which was 12.15pm.Would not have been able to do that at Premier Inn. I had flown from Spain ready for Canada the next day, so this was very much appreciated.

• Standard Twin Room

Bathrooms were like an airplane bathroom. Felt cheap and ventilation was poor. Could have done with amenities considering I get them in premier inn for less money. Thought £70 including parking was expensive considering the quality. Premier inn better.

Comfortable room with WiFi and good beds. Easy parking. Staff were friendly but service was nothing special.

• Double Room with Single Bed

The way booking a triple room didn't say that we couldn't have 3 adults untill we go to the location when we booked for 5 adults no children

The rooms were nice and the breakfast was lovely 2

The room was cozy and spacious with extra comfortable mattress and complementary tea & coffee. The shower pipe was a bit broken as the water kept coming out on the sides but finally it didn't affect the water pressure which was really good. Overall cleanliness of the bathroom was good. Food in the restaurant a bit overpriced but that is expected for hotels. Connection with Gatwick airport is very good so this is the perfect budget stay if you need to stay nearby over night. Special shout out to the staff who are all extremely nice and helpful!!

Shuttles run 45 minutes apart. If you just miss a shuttle, the wait is somewhat long.

Close to airport for overnight stay to catch early afternoon flight. Shuttle available, good price and breakfast available at hotel.

Put us in a assessable room with WC walk in shower, not a bother but the whole bathroom got wet when we used it and remained wet.. but not that big of a deal

Close to Gatwick terminal, comfortable, easy check in and out. Bus stop right outside of the hotel made it an easy in and out to Gatwick S terminal.

• Double Room with Single Bed

Towels are old:(. I'd suggest at least putting more washing powder to wash them as they do not smell nicely.

Staff is very kind and always ready to help. Bus stop for Gatwick transfer is just around the corner, but I suggest being there 10 minutes earlier than the schedule. English breakfast with lots of other stuff. Neat and quiet. Would stay again.

Awful stay! Have stayed in Ibis hotels on a few occasions and a few destinations, and always had a comfortable stay before now. Our room was very, very warm, and having called reception, a lady (who was very friendly and polite) explained to us that she couldn’t control the air conditioning, so it wouldn’t work. We opened the window, but the road noise was really loud all night. Every time one of us moved, the bed was ridiculously squeaky and woke the other up. (Check the bed in room 515) Another lady at reception in the morning- rude and unhelpful. misinformed us about our bus to the airport, which we had already paid for, so we had to order a taxi. Then the bus arrived! Hopeless, awful start to the holiday.

The room was clean and comfortable

Fairly limited restaurant menu. Very small canteen-like restaurant located in the foyer area which consequently lacked personality.

'Space-age' shower pod. Helpful, friendly staff.

The eggs at breakfast were not good and the hash browns had a weird taste. We really wish we had waited and eaten at the airport. We had to step up into the bathroom, which was a little weird. It was like they added the bathroom later, as an afterthought.

Location was conveniently located near the airport. Dinner at the restaurant was good.

Overpriced. The airport shuttle isn't 24 hours and costs £3 per person each way; it's far enough away from the airport to make it difficult to get to if there's no shuttle service. Strong scent used in the room was a bit off-putting.

Room design is amazing - great use of space. Bed is very comfortable and wifi is fast. Front desk staff very friendly.

• Double Room with Single Bed

Small rooms. Price a bit more than value for money. Had friend book this room for me as had problem with my card. Receptionist was happy to put me and my kids on street as she needed the actual credit card used to book.

Quick and easy to book. Bus ride from airport. Clean rooms.

Super easy access to Gatwick for a 5:00 flight! Metrobus service right outside that arrive and leave at almost exact timings. Super comfy bed, friendly staff and exceptionally clean.

The hotel interior looked shabby in public areas. Also, didn't like big football table in lobby. Dinner was not good.

Lady behind bar was very pleasant.

I find it strange that there are no in room safes. These are standard in most hotels in USA and elsewhere, particularly at airports.

Extremely comfortable bed

Parking charges. Wardrobes not used to compare to others we been perhaps to contemporary for me.

Modern clean quiet even though mins from Gatwick. Own parking at location.

The room smelled like sewage, shower was very tight, not much space in the room.

Staff was friendly, convenient airport shuttle was available, bed was comfortable.

Room had a musty smell, still some dead insects on the window pane upon check in to the room. I have a dust allergy which was triggered quite badly in the room throughout the evening. Staff relatively friendly but a little too "chatty". Was the only person in the lounge and waited quite a while to be served at the bar due to staff chatting/laughing whilst knowing I was there. No guest information booklet In the room, instead is a smart phone which was out of battery so had to charge it. When it finally came on it didn't work properly.

Decent size and modern bathroom with very good shower, Comfortable bed, short transfer from airport to hotel. Good information on airport shuttle times. Staff friendly.

• Double Room with Single Bed

the room was large, quiet and clean. the breakfast (one continental and one english) was definitely sufficient. Shuttle service was right outside so very convenient.

Very nice hotel. One night stop before flight. Very convenient shuttle to Airport for only 3 pound! Clean, comfortable, quiet and had everything I needed.

• Standard Twin Room

Integrated lobby, reception, bar/cafe a bit noisy. Cafe food uninspiring but adequate for an overnight stop.

Super staff - well done Tatiana. Spotless room, very comfy beds (firm with a mattress topper), amazingly quiet. Convenient parking for a fee (£7 p.n.). Less than 10 mins to LGW airport.

• Standard Twin Room

I don't know if it's because the Hotel is located next to Gatwick Airport and a very busy road (M23 I think),but the room was quite noisy even when the window was closed.There is no room service so, you have to go downstairs to collect your food and other things.

Comfortable bed, great lighting and finally had some food that was to my taste. Was delighted to find a hair dryer in the room :)

Did not try breakfast as found it to be quite pricey with Tesco express just 0.1mile away.

Location was picked for business purposes. Crawley centre is just a brisk 35min walk away, excellent. Hotel was quiet and comfy bed.

• Double Room with Single Bed

No water available in rooms and it was £3.55 for a bottle and no where to pop out to buy nearby - have to go to main reception area to buy so would be much nicer to have access to complimentary water

Clean comfortable able to park staff were friendly

Colour scheme lovely in daylight but initially in the late evening/night can tend to give the impression of a dull, tired possibly dirtish look in places. Eating (breakfast) area not appealing due to location. Excessively exposed to entrance/reception area reducing lack of desirable eating atmosphere/ambience. I have stayed at Wembley Ibis and their eating/entrance balance is good but do understand they have added space. An outdoor wooden sitting bench on pavement at shuttle bus stop under tree would be useful especially for older guests. (I understand this may not be possible if public pavement but a section on the property grass could be used just slightly further in. (Two seater bench at entrance noted but not useful to see shuttle bus coming).

Room comfortable, clean, tea/coffee facilities, hairdryer and bathroom cleansing products provided. Good air con and nice also having the option of opening the window in the morning. Overall a lovely room. Friendly, extra helpful reception staff morning of check out.

Bit of street noise as the hotel is on the main road.

Cheaper hotel than the Brighton hotels and close enough to get there. It would also be convenient if taking an early morning flight from Gatwick airport. Walking distance to supermarkets.

• Double Room with Single Bed

Heating was useless in our room and there was fraught coming through somewhere as we were the end room on the corridor so our boy had to sleep with us as his bed was in the draught

Location and price

• Double Room with Single Bed

Just a small thing, but the pillows were horrible!

Overall, The hotel was very clean and the staff was very helpful. We arrived late in the evening and the hotel restaurant was wonderful, especially the server, Diane.

The bedding in my room wasn't clean but the staff changed my room without hesitation. Sadly I preferred the first room and it was late when I discovered the bed was unclean.

• Double Room with Single Bed

That my room had an automatic cancellation when I didn’t turn up on time but this was due to my flight from New York being delayed by 9hours and my original room which I booked and paid for months before I arrived said I had a check out time of 12 pm... I didn’t read or was I informed by email that if I didn’t show up by a certain time that I would lose my room.. however after a slight argument the staff member in charge did leave my child and myself rest for a couple of hours in a day room which was better than nothing, but I would recommend that you as a company do give a better understanding to your customers about this policy and inform your customers by email the day your going to cancel their room to at least give a reason for their absence.

The beds were nice

Staff could be a little happier when greeting you. When I first arrived two lady’s where behind the counter, they where both talking to each other and never acknowledge me for some time. Never once when I did get acknowledge did they apologise. No complimentary bottled water in the room which is disappointing.

Rooms and Shower was nice. Breakfast nice

• Standard Twin Room

Booked a double bed and got 2 singles, didnpuah them together but was uncomfortable as my arm and leg dropped through the gap

Clean, close to airport, great staff

The weather

Did not have any croissants but the fish and chips were very nice and fresh . But the staff made you feel more than just a paying guest. They were also very helpful in organizing the early morning taxi. For the following morning.

Thought the temperature in the room was a little high. Maybe air con would be a good idea for those who want to alter the room temp without having the window open.

Staff were friendly, the room was clean and we'll presented. Most importantly the bed was comfy.

I would have liked more milk on the hospitality tray - I take my coffee milky!

I love the step in shower in the ensuite and the generous size of the rooms.

Easy location from the airport. Food served late. Clean, however the bed was extremely uncomfortable as it only had a very thin mattress. I never slept in such a hard bed, we both woke up with back ache!..I will never stay in a Ibis again.. Premier Inn next door!

The room smelled weird, it was not totally clean, the lamps all had a layer of dust. I am pretty allergic to dust. Had to take allergy meds. We could not get the heat down to a comfortable level and were burning up all night. Opening the window was not an option as there was a lot of airport noise. The bathroom was a bit dirty and strange. I opted not to shower there and wait to get to our London hotel downtown. We are not handicapped, but were given a handicapped room. Not many tables or surfaces to hold drinks, laptop, food, etc.

The bed was comfortable.

The few things I had to ask staff about was made to seem like it was a huge effort! They made me feel inadequate and like a burden

The bed was comfterble

• Standard Twin Room

Rooms were a little small and the beds were too firm for my personal taste. The lack of luggage carts made moving bags difficult.

Very friendly staff, good utilization of space, clean and functional rooms. Nice variety on menu. There was also a shuttle to the airport. There is a bar and food of some kind available just about 24 hours.

Didn’t expect to pay £7 for parking for one night (really only a few hours as we had an early flight the next day) this wasn’t made clear on the booking site and I would have maybe stayed somewhere else if I had known. Seems ridiculous to pay for parking at the hotel you’re staying at!!

Location to he airport was good

• Standard Twin Room

Asked for an alarm call and it never happened. Lifts to small to carry 2 people and associate holiday luggage.

Close to airport.Room adequate for a short stay only.

Free wifi

Bed was comfy, room spacious, parking was additional although not advised at time of booking. Free WiFi takes you back to dial speeds but it's free, paid for is quite expensive at £5.00 but far superior.

Dirty toilet seat that I had to disinfect myself. Bad bathroom pods. Leaks into the room as can be seen by the water damage to brick work and floor. Unhealthy bacteria causes serious illness. Rickety installation, like being at sea, and extra noisy plumbing. Badly selected concept that is a false economy. Told receptionist on departure who took no interest what so ever in her place of employment. Filthy air con unit.

Excellent French staff in reception upon arrival. Could not have been nicer nor more helpful.

• Standard Twin Room

Pig ugly building externally More signage required from carpark

Receptionist (Klaudia); friendly plus gave good advice for future bookings and how to obtain car park ticket reduction

Shuttle service to the hotel could have been more frequent (I landed at 7.30pm Friday night and had to wait 40 mins for the shuttle)

The mattress was exceptionally comfortable, the staff were very welcoming and overall the room was very quiet

• Double Room with Single Bed

Stayed prior to an early flight & couldn’t have asked for better - arrived late & reception staff were friendly & efficient. Room was small but perfect for a bed for the night with a pull out bed for our little boy. Had a good nights sleep & quick & easy to get to the airport

• Double Room with Single Bed

don,t like the peep holes in door, lets in the light all night long.

bed soft and comfy. shower good like the shampoo. breakfast tasty and hot, like the coffee machine.

I wasn't expecting to pay extra for parking. Dining area very open to drafts from the opening door.

East location for Gatwick. I would describe this as a basic hotel for ease of access to airport.

THE EXTERIOR WAS SOMEWHAT FORBIDDING AND NOT AS EASY TO FIND AS WE'D HOPED

VERY COMFORTABLE BEDS, FOOD NOT BRILLIANT BUT FINE AND STAFF WERE HELPFUL AND PLEASANT

There was no bin in the room. I am not sure whether it was a hotel policy or whether it was missing just in our room by error. A bin is a must in my opinion.

The location was very convenient and yet just out of the main town. There was plenty of parking being a Saturday. The room and the setup was very comfortable (including the Bed). Very clean and presentable room all round.

No major complaints.Did have to wait nearly an hour for the transit bus,and the card key for the door wasn't easy to operate. Nothing to worry about.

Can't really say about the parking or the view I was in between flights and was only there 8 hours. Everything was excellent and great value for a transit passenger.

Our room was somewhat noisy...could here a banging noise all night...not sure where it was coming from. Heard noise from cafeteria in the morning....chairs moving about.

Location to airport

Not happy about booking a room then on arrival had to pay £7 to park my car???!!!??? I've stayed in 100s of hotels and they always have a free parking space? On principle I will be contacting you on return from our holiday.we arrived at 23.20 and left 6am

• Standard Twin Room

Relatively basic facilities - no bin in room, tv cannot be moved from fixed position opposite bed (also quite small screen, not all freeview channels working)

Comfy bed - simple but clean facilities. Handy shuttle bus service. Staff friendly on arrival. Surprisingly quiet considering proximity to busy road and airport.

Almost impossible to call reception due to new technology given a cellphone to do this where the phone was constantly freezing and did not let us choose this option. £3.50 for a cheap toothbrush where other hotels usually give it as complimentary. We were coming back from abroad to catch up on some sleep before we drove home the next day therefore we had asked for a room in a quiet spot of the hotel. We were given room 307 right by the lifts where people would constantly walk in and out. We complained and had our room changed to 215 before we even settled in 307. The next morning we were woken up by housekeeping at 8am since they had given us a room right by their storage room where we could hear the door constantly opening and closing and hoovers going off as well as talking and foot steps. Not a good sleep. We did mention to the receptionist who was not very helpful and stated she will make sure the housekeeping keeps the noise down next time which is no help. First ever time staying in an ibis hotel and certainly would be the last.