Reviews of ibis Hull City Centre 2 stars

Osbourne Street, Hull, HU1 2NL, United Kingdom

#13 of 30 hotels in Hull

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Hotel staff shopping nearby and walking distance to theatre

Couldn't find any restaurants within walking distance of hotel apart from Wetherspoons where we went one night but our second night wanted something nicer.

Hotel staff shopping nearby and walking distance to theatre

• Reviewed: 12 October 2018

The location the bathroom the staff were helpfull overall...

Unruly guest on same floor from 3.30 am tilll 5am sounded like teanagers

The location the bathroom the staff were helpfull overall good value for money if we had got a good night sleep it would have been perfect

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Communal areas were nice and clean. Welcomed well.

Bathroom was dirty! Mirror had splash marks as well as shower door's. Marks on walls and a rubish carpet with big white stain. Also marks and holes in the bedding

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

The staff were extremely kind and helpful.

Decor very dated. There were a few hairs in the pod style bathroom. The sheet didn’t fully cover the mattress and mattress protector was stained.

The staff were extremely kind and helpful. The rooms are as you would expect from a 2* hotel.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Outstanding customer service, second to none.

Comfy bed, good shower, good location - but above all, all the staff went out of their way to make us welcome, nothing was too much trouble, and they left a banner, a birthday card and a little 🍾 in our room for my friend's Birthday - really, really lovely. They were genuinely dog friendly too. Totally outstanding customer service, worthy of the Ritz, at budget prices, absolutely amazing.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

rooms were comfortable and had everything that you need.

there was nothing that we didn't like during our stay, however we were only there for 1 night.

rooms were comfortable and had everything that you need. The variety of food offered for breakfast was very good.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Never book any ibis hotel again rather sleep in the van.

First room i was put into smelt of bleach then only to find out the bed sheets hadn't been changed seriously that's appalling

Nothing at was to late for me to rearrange alternative accommodation just had to put up for the night after room change

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

Lovely friendly hotel

Nothing to dislike every thing fine l

Lovely clean hotel staff couldn't do enough to please. Very close to theatre we were going to. Lovely breakfast before we left.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Try somewhere else

Dining room very spartan. Food was of poor quality. Breakfast ok but cooked food was very tired. Perhaps should have got up earlier!

Cleaning staff were very pleasant

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

We were told on our stay that disabled parking is free at the back of the hotel so therefore next ti

The air-conditioning in the morning and evening were we ate breakfast and tea was bloody freezing we told them to change it and they did but every time we came in it was the same cold and also the drinks at the bar were ridiculous prices

Because we were on the 3rd floor of hotel it was quite

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Not the best.

The fish and chips was diabolical. Triangular frozen fish and frozen chips. Peas were the best bit about it.

Location brilliant. Staff really nice and helpful.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Lovely stay

I didn't dislike anything if I'm honest. I even found the bed relatively comfortable the only thing I was a bit disappointed with was the fact that there wasn't many options of hot drinks in the room or biscuits where as other hotels do provide you with a couple.

The unlimited breakfasts was amazing So many options and choices. The room was nice and clean. The shower was absolutely massive so was super impressed with that! Beautiful hot chocolate out of the coffee machine as well

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

The bathroom was clean and shower good.

The room was quite worn, the bed was lumpy and the travel cot provided for my baby was dirty.

The bathroom was clean and shower good. The location is very convenient and the staff were friendly.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

Very pleasant and relaxing.Couldn't hear any other guest in their rooms and the place was busy

Being on top floor.

I'm disabled so I told the staff when I booked.normally at other hotels you tell them and they say we can make things easier and don't. Not at Hull Ibis .I got a room just right for somebody in my condition. Everyone was there to help at breakfast also.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

Excellent location and value for money for a one night stay.

Room and hallways smelt like chlorine, the shower drain overflowed and smelt bad and there was a strange man outside our window (on the bottom floor)

Excellent location and value for money for a one night stay.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

The TOP Spot for Hull and District

I DO NOT think you can improve because it is great. Sometimes when you try to improve you can lose the goodness you have got. I have told all that you my friends and family how good it is. Well done!!!

It was very handy for the town centre and easy for visiting people in Burstwick who were very ill. I am Hull born and it was good to be back I am sure that I will visit you in the future.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

Not bad but certainly need to work on their cleaning and linen

Dirty washroom. Muddy splash sticking to floor. Basin slab not cleaned properly. Dirty towels, bedsheets with strange spots on them. There were literally hair on my duvet cover. Mattress not covered with sheets as it usually is in your hotels. Carpet burnt just adjacent to the washroom door. Window was already left opened and room was cold. However I was so tired that I ignored it all and went to sleep :)

The breakfast was good. The room wasnt noisy. Had a calm night.

Comfy, clean, pleasant hotel

Sat here for 5 minutes can't think of anything to put in this box

The room's where very clean Staff was very helpful nothing was too much trouble I love the bathrooms they are like a tardis The food was good quality and very hot and plenty to choose from My wife can't walk far so they always give us a car park space This was our 3rd visit and still happy

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Staff were friendly, room was clean.

My biggest complaint is the bed - more specifically , the matress. Very hard, difficult to sleep on, me and my partner woke up several times during the night, twisting and turning all night to find comfort.

Staff were friendly, room was clean. It's alright service for the low price paid, if you urgently need a roof over your head, a wash and a bed to sleep in.

Shsss

Was in room 19 which behind it is a court yard with the used laundry is kept was woken up at about 6 30 am with Hotel staff all sharing an apparent joke laughing and talking loud please show a bit of consideration for your guests

Good clean facilities friendly staff ideal location for city centre rooms nice and bright

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Great value City Centre hotel with wonderful staff.

the only negative was the noise created by a large lorry reversing Into small car park with its warning sonars emitting loud noise.- a Brake Brothers food delivery at 06 30! Decor is rather functional but hotel does represent great value for money.

Central city centre location. Wonderful staff- efficient, friendly and helpful. I got caught out in a rain shower on way back to hotel and they handed me a towel to wipe down immediately I returned- they had a selection available at reception for all guests. That was a lovely gesture and quite unexpected. Bedrooms are well proportioned and beds extremely comfortable.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Ok c

Wasn’t keen on amount of younger ones in and out hotel

Had few door chaps from younger ones about half 4 in morning so sleep for disturbed playing chap door run away so wasn’t happy x

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Perfect place

Nothing not to like

Everything is fine at the ibis in hull I've never had any problems what so ever great place to stay,staff are really kind and full of information

Storage facilities, two chairs (bench and chair)

Lighting for reading was not good;. Bathroom door handle very stiff. Air vent fell out. Window safety closure broken. Staff forgot bathmat, toilet roll and toothmug.

Storage facilities, two chairs (bench and chair)

Welcome with A Smile

Room was booked for two overnight guests and there were only 1 set of towels left in the bathroom , i.e. 1 hand towel and 1 bath towel, but this was a small inconvenience which we addressed.

All staff we met on our 1st date (12th Sept) were very helpful and so friendly. Your Maintenance operative, Will was very friendly whenever we spoke to him. He felt more like a "lost friend". Overall, all staff on both our overnight stays treat us warmly and made us feel "like Royalty".

Hull ibis review

Nothing. Great stay

Staff very friendly. Room was very adequate and comfortable, met with friends and were given rooms next door to each other. Breakfast was very good. Highly recommended with great food choices

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

2 nights of comfort

The tea in the room wasn't very good and the lack of bin was a bit strange, but we took our own carrier bags just in case so that was fine.

The staff were lovely and accommodating, great breakfast (make sure to go down before 10am on a weekday!), great central location and simple clean comfy room at a good price :)

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

A well located hotel which is an easy walk to the old town and major attractions. Very happy!

A small room safe would be great but this is probably asking too much for a hotel Ibis. No complaints. A

The room was minimalist but comfortable and very clean. The breakfast was terrific - healthy, healthy! The staff simply wonderful, nothing too much trouble and so, so helpful. And service always with a genuine smile!!

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

everything apart from my fall in the shower which ruined my...

I fell in the shower due to slipping on the split level floor whilst going to the loo

everything apart from my fall in the shower which ruined my schedule.

Okay

No parking, despite Booking . com claims that there is. It's only for disabled use. Long walk with cases from a not very secure park. Breakfast not included so extra for car park and breakfast.

Staff were lovely, breakfast was very good indeed.

Friendly, helpful staff.

Quite a bit of traffic noise. This was a surprise because I have stopped there before, with no issues.

Friendly, helpful staff. Comfortable bed and good location.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Great location great staff great hotel would definitely recommend to anyone wishing to stay in Hull.

If I was to be picky I would only say a nice view from bedroom

Very efficient service excellent location from train station ...rooms clean and well equipped and excellent value for money

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Regular visitor to Hull

Very convenient budget rooms for new Bonus Arena, easy walking distance to city centre and marina. Friendly Hull offers plenty of choice for eating, drinking, culture and entertainment.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Staying at the Ibis to visit the Deep.

The parking situation was the only real negative for me.

The very friendly staff made for a good and relaxing atmosphere. It's close proximity to the Deep was a bonus too

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Breakfast was excellent.

Bathroom and towels were not the cleanest. I woke up quite hot in the night, even with the air on. I had to get up and open a window.

Breakfast was excellent. Close to the train station and the downtown/marina area. Easy check in and out.

Friendly staff and cleaners.

Being overlooked by the guy in the window on the right had side wall. He could see into our room, so had to draw the curtain in the daytime. Breakfast: eggs not nice and need beef sausages.

Friendly staff and cleaners. Location

I would overall recommend staying at Hotel Ibis Hull, regardless of some issues I had.

Wished that the rooms were slightly bigger, although that's the least of my worries. The bathroom was most definitely too small for my liking though. Hated the room carpet floors because I definitely doubted the cleanliness of it. The carpet was a murky brown colour and was evidently old as it was pretty worn down. Had to buy slippers from the nearby Primark so that my daughter and I didn't have to walk on the floors barefoot. Coffee at £3 is slightly overpriced in my opinion and kind of wish that the room card/key didn't have to be calibrated so many times.

The bed was comfy which I was surprised by, especially upon looking at it the first time I entered my room. The reception room was absolutely stunning and has comfortable areas for me to be productive in my free time. I loved that the coffee machine could be used at any time (at the cost of £3 though). Drinks (both alcoholic and non-alcoholic) are served throughout the day most of the time and staff were friendly as always. The location is amazing, in close proximity to great shops and food outlets.

The room was very comfortable - shower was great - staff...

The room was very comfortable - shower was great - staff were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was really good. I could not have chosen a better hotel for my stay!

Pleasant place to lay your head on an overnight stay in Hull

Shower/toilet floor does not probably drain after using the shower, unpleasant when you go in to use the toilet in the night

Nice clean hotel with lovely staff in an excellent location at a great price

Cheap & Cheerfull

The attitude of the Reception Team was very poor! My partner was not giving a welcome greeting and was not asked about any services, ie Breakfast, 2nd key ( other guest were asked ) poor advice about local parking. Just 2 bath towels, no hand towels.

The room was superb , brilliant shower, opening window,very comfy bed, very clean. Smiley cleaning staff.😁 Very Good value for money.

Great quality delivered again

We had some problems with toilet but hotel stuff switched rooms for us. In the morning in front of our open window delivery trucks were making noise so we had to get up to close the window. The light in the room was quite dark and made blue by the wall colour.

Room was good quality as you can expect from Ibis. Nice bed and sheets,

Very enjoyable experience

Ironing services... It was inconvenient. I also feel there is need to improve on TV services, some sports channels and provision of telephone lines to facilitate communication between guests and the reception.

The food and Lucy was the most excellent lady who welcomed us the first day.

Never Again!

I had no sleep the full 3nights we had stayed for, first room we was given was room Number 4, it smelt awful so I asked to be moved.. we was moved to room 9, a little improvement on the smell but still not what you would expect from an Hotel, I didn't get a wink of sleep because of all the noise, I then told the staff on reception who then moved us to room 334 which was a disability room and I can honestly say I was not impressed with this at all, but I honestly had enough by this point because I was so drained due to no sleep. Even after being moved the noise was still awful so no sleep on the full 3 night stay. Would I recommend? Most definitely not.

To be honest there wasn't really much to like...

The room was clean and a reasonable size. Good value for money.

Mattress not comfy at all. Over priced bar. Price of the breakfast off putting. Good breakfast just around the corner at Weatherspoons for half the price.

Location. Ideal for Hull nightlife and shopping. Hotel has the benefit of air conditioning. Staff pleasant and professional.

I liked the fact this hotel was very local to main...

I liked the fact this hotel was very local to main facilities: shopping centre & train station. The room was clean and comfortable. The staff were great, very friendly. Lovely bar and seating area, evening meal was beautiful. The breakfast was nice, however wasn’t many options. 2nd time we have stayed in an ibis and we’ll definitely be back! :)

We enjoyed are stay at the hotel except for a lady and...

We enjoyed are stay at the hotel except for a lady and security card knocking on the door accusing us of smoking and had a picture that looked straight into are room and so we Thort it was very strange and invading are privacy! As they should not be able to see in are room what so ever! And the lady was rude! The staff downstairs in the bar was very polite and nice and was a nice hotel. But really thought the picture was discusting as we couldn't enjoy the rest of are night there because we Thort that cameras was looking into are room

pleasant hotel very central great value for money

nothing excellent city hotel

very nice hotel near the station and very central the staff were pleasant and friendly all that you need for a few days stay and great value for money

Realy enjoyed my stay

I can’t think of anything.

Ease of access being disabled.the set up of the car park again being disabled.The nearness of other parking for people visiting us and the very helpful staff. Very good location.Also it was easy for me to use the shower.

Would stay again

Security guard very short when asked a question and looks mardy!

Bed was comfy, shower was a good size but a little slippery. Polite cleaners and reception staff

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

There was nothing l could fault ,clean, comfortable bed...

Nothing I don't like

There was nothing l could fault ,clean, comfortable bed,good breakfast, very friendly and helpful staff would definitely stay there again

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

I look forward to my next Ibis, at Heathrow in September.

Can't think of anything I didn't like.

I've stayed in a lot of hotels over the years, and this, though simple and basic, was close to perfect.

Aston Villa away match at K com stadium Hulll Monday 6th of August 2018

staff very friendly situated in a very good location beds very comfortable as we were visiting hull k com stadium we could walk to ground seems like a lovely city with a good vibe i could see glimpses of why it won city culture of the year in 2017 but we only stayed for one night. Massive Koy Carb swimming around on river frontage very clean beautiful to see.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Room was comfortable and clean and very close to city centre

Disturbed by noisy air con unit on the roof but we were moved to a quieter room by very helpful staff.

It was very close to the city centre- which we liked. Hull is an interesting place. The staff were very friendly and helpfully.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Ibis hotel Hull City centre

Long delay at check-in, as one staff member manning the bar as well as checking in guests. Pleasant attitude though.

Clean and great location. Car park near by is good value for money and only a two minute walk

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Needs a refurb.

Rooms in serious need of refurbishing. Bathrooms feel like a portaloo! Plastic table covering was chipped and coming away at edges. Everything was clean, but no amount of daily tlc could improve what simply needs a good overhaul and re-fresh.

Breakfast was very good.

Awful was very poor service and not clean

Very poor service from all staff from the start. Room was run down and not clean. Would not recommend it stay here again has put me off the whole brand at ibis.

good value for money

nothing for me

couldnt fault room lovely clean bed comfortable beakfast value for money also the location was great would certainly book an ibis hotel agai in any city

Was ok

Bathroom a little dirty, room was noisy due to staff outside our window talking. Room was just basic but good location for shopping centre and other activities. I wouldn't stay again due to no parking and loud and felt a bit unsafe where we was.

Rooms clean and up to standard.

Rooms clean and up to standard. Its never going to be a five star place to stay, or somewhere exciting to stay, but it ticks the box for its category. Staff were friendly and helpful, food was reasonable, breakfast was actually great.

served its purpose of a cheap hotel to get our head down for the night while out in hull.

The room was very very dated, the air con unit in the room was dripping, although you get what you pay for i have stayed in nicer ibis hotels.

We stayed here to go to an event in hull, it was nearby and cheap.

Good portions of food.

As above

Good portions of food. Disappointing that no real poached eggs for breakfast. Air con in lounge was artic!!! Showers need a higher lip on floor to prevent overfloor when in use.

Booked 8rooms for friends and family. Collete was so kind and helpful.

No on site parking. No on site drop area. Was ignored by Collen

Proximity to city centre. Was comfortable. The room we had was quiet on the 3rd floor. The staff showed us rooms to help with our confirmation.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

I enjoyed myself, was made to feel welcome and would stay again

The Ariel on the tv was broken when we first arrived but they sorted it straight away so this wasn’t even an issue, one of the chairs in the hotel room had a pool of water in it but this wasn’t even something worth complaining about and the staff at the hotel were all so nice that it didn’t take away from the experience

Very friendly and helpful staff, friendly atmosphere as the desk all the time made us feel very welcome

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Friendly staff, good value for money as was just an...

No parking although it states there is, have to park in a near by multi story, but as I was in a van I had to pay £7.50 to park in the train station car park near by

Friendly staff, good value for money as was just an overnight stay

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

The staff were great.

I didn't like the drug addicts passed out on the grass in front of the hotel. Otherwise fantastic stay.

The staff were great. They assisted in every way they possibly could.

Cheap but worth it

The pipe under my sink was dripping all night. If you miss the cleaners they don't leave your room toilet roll. No telephone to contact reception.

The room is tidy and clean. There is enough space to hang things up. They have tea and coffee as well as a kettle in the room. It comes with a hairdryer.

Pleasantly surprised

We booked a budget hotel as a quick stay over and were pleasantly surprised just how immaculately clean the room was x we had everything we needed and staff were polite and helpful

Great location to transport with very friendly staff.

A group of extremely noisey men in the bar while I was having dinner. It s a small open area and they were not considerate of others. I did think the staff could have asked them to the it down a little.

Adam, on reception, was so friendly and made me feel at home instantly. He was always available to answer my questions wth a smile and joke. Also appreciated the lolly jar.

It was a very convenient location with helpful staff

There was no loo brush and we were told one could not be supplied 'for safety reasons'. The shower had a tendency to flood the bathroom as there was no enclosing rim.

The beds were comfortable and the staff were very helpful

There was a most horrible smell in the bedroom, which made a...

There was a most horrible smell in the bedroom, which made a big difference to our opinion of the hotel, I did relay this to the girl on reception and she knew all about the problem????? so I don't know why nothing had been done to rectify it???????

Hotel was ok and location made up for small things that let it down.

Room was not clean enough and wet room shower wet most of the bathroom floor.

Good location, friendly staff, room could have been cleaner as there was dust all around the skirting and under the bed had not been cleaned. Did not eat here but there were quite a few in others eating.

Very friendly staffs, perfect location

It would be nice to know about what happen in past after I find out from friends and people. We don’t know if it is safe and secure hotel.

Very friendly staffs, perfect location

For what we needed it for, a nights sleep it did the trick

No bins in room, stained carpets missing furniture which was noticeable through cutouts in carpet

Requested an extra room booking.com didn’t process it

The staff were friendly and dealt with the horrendous smell...

The room smelt disgusting with a very strong smell of vomit.

The staff were friendly and dealt with the horrendous smell in the first room quickly once notified by moving us to another room.

Definitely return!

The only light in our room that worked was the bathroom light

Staff were beyond lovely, rooms were better than you’d expect for the cheap price for the night!