Reviews of ibis London Stratford 2 stars

1A Romford Road, E15 4LJ, Newham, London, E15 4LJ, United Kingdom

#501 of 977 hotels in London

• Twin Sweet Room by Ibis

It was expensive for what it was, the room was small for the price.

The beds were extremely comfortable, the staff were very helpful and friendly, and the location was excellent.

• Double Sweet Room by Ibis

We didn't expect the bathroom to be in a plastic pod in the bedroom- although theres nothing to complain about it it just made the room look a little tacky. Also no TV remote but we put this down to people stealing them And no bin in the bedroom.

Location is great for Westfield and London Stadium- only a short walk away. The beds were very comfy. The staff were lovely and very welcoming- quick check in.

• Double Sweet Room by Ibis

No parking provided or anywhere near the hotel, staff uninterested to help, no iron. To be honest it was worth half of what I paid. Two tiny towel provided for two guests. There was chewed old gum stuck to the wardrobe.

Room was a good size.

leaking toilet.

The bedroom was great and the facilities were wonderful. The beds were very comfy and the bathroom was practical. The bathroom toilet leaked all night and this was extremely noisy which meant we didn't sleep as well as we could have done. We arrived late so the staff seemed very tired and were a little bit short with us but this is to be expected after midnight on a Saturday night. The area is okay and easy to access by London transport.

• Double Sweet Room by Ibis

No parking, but advertised as ‘public parking’ nearby so this can catch you out if you thought there was parking on site. It was a struggle to find someone close and we ended up a 20 min walk away.

Staff really friendly and willing to help - offered to keep bags in lockers whilst you explore after check out time.

• Double Sweet Room by Ibis

The price. I stayed in the same hotel three months ago. I received exactly the same standard but this time it was double the price.

I was very comfortable and the room offered everything I needed.

As above

The toilet seat was broken which proceeded when sat on after my arrival to clamp on the back of my leg and cut the skin, also leaving me with a bruised, swollen back of my leg. Though the staff were extremely apologetic, this should have been picked up by house keeping. It may sound rather funny, but trust me, hard plastic clamped on the back of your leg is no joke and my holiday that is due next week has been spoiled as lying on a beach with a black leg is not the greatest.

• Double Sweet Room by Ibis

Parking - The details say that Public Parking is possible at a location nearby, however, the nearest parking is at Westfield. It took an hour to park the car and return to the hotel. One way system to negotiate on the way in the car, then a 20 minute walk back to the hotel. The Guest Parking information should be updated as it is not accurate. The only parking nearby is on side streets, free on Saturdays and Sundays but on during the week you need a ticket (only available to residents from the local authority) in the windscreen of your car or you get a fine

Room was clean and bed comfortable

that we had to leave

all I can say is that staff were all helpful , friendly , hotel was clean and quiet , had a great stay , see you all again soon ,

• Double Sweet Room by Ibis

We booked with parking however the parking was a 20 mins walk and as i am disabled and was booked with parking then there wasn't any and it cost in total £46. I also have a service dog and had to pay £30 of which I have never had to do with any hotels we have been in as this is essential for my health. I was put on the 1st floor not ground floor. The room was clean but smelt very damp and bedding was damp. So over all not a happy experience and it was for my special birthday (50th) and was shattered walking back and forward to get the car. I would like some sort of compensation Thank you

The pizza was very good

• Twin Sweet Room by Ibis

Great location, just 5 minutes by walk from Stratford Station and underground. Fantastic chicken bar just next to the entrance to the hotel. Very good breakfast, nice room, cosy and clean. For me - best choice for a very good price.

• Double Sweet Room by Ibis

Would be nice if breakfast is included in the price as an extra £9 each on top of the money you’ve already paid was a bit too much so we went without :(

Cheapest hotel available through booking.com for the area we were looking for. Room was perfect for a one night stay, really comfy bed, nice decor and handy hairdryer and shower gel additions to the room.

• Double Sweet Room by Ibis

We had two maids let themselves into the room in the morning which was slightly annoying! Thankfully I was dressed but I do not see why they could not tell that we had not left the room by the check out system.

Good location, staff were friendly, comfy bed and the room was clean

• Twin Sweet Room by Ibis

Excellent location for us-near to Stadium. Ideal for transport, great local shopping. Really impressed with standard of accommodation and value for money. Highly recommend it-we will stay again and use other Ibis Hotels in future!

• Twin Sweet Room by Ibis

Arrived a lot earlier than expected. Was greeted by friendly staff members. Took our bags for the whole day until we arrived later that night. Stayed for breakfast, which was excellent! When I got to the hotel, I realised if left my charger. A member of staff went beyond the call of duty to try and find me a charger for my phone that is a bit irregular. When checking out again the staff took our bags until we left that night, printed our bus tickets and had free internet access on a computer to organise ourselves. This was a very pleasant experience.

• Double Sweet Room by Ibis

the water pressure was terrible in the morning meaning we struggled to shower. the friends we were away with in the other room had to come and use our - still substandard - shower, as at one point they had no water at all. I do not blame the staff on reception as they were struggling to provide a breakfast with the pressure problem. however it did mean an otherwise excellent stay was just ok.

good location for the arena, about 20 mins walk. friendly staff. basic room - good value for london

• Double Sweet Room by Ibis

Honestly, I can't complain about anything, we had a lovely stay at this ibis.

Our room was comfy and clean; perfect location (just a short walk from Stratford station/shopping centre/supermarket); staff were very friendly.

• Double Sweet Room by Ibis

Great location if attending anything at the nearby London Stadium, walking distance from Stratford station, 24hr bar, comfortable and clean room.

• Double Sweet Room by Ibis

It was not too bad,but in the room we stayed in we could hear a lot of traffic noises especially during the night, maybe the management could consider triple glazing?

It had good facilities

• Double Sweet Room by Ibis

The wardrobe was an interesting solution, basically open hangers. I was missing small pillows, that could be an improvement. The elevator was not working for 2 days, but not a problem as the building has only 4 floors.

The breakfast was very good. The room was nice and modern. A bit small, but we didn't need more. We had coffee and tea in the room. The property is close to a traffic hub - Stanford station, you can get easily into the city center by tube.

• Double Sweet Room by Ibis

When we arrived we were told the lift was out of order, this was not too much of a problem but did make carrying your bags up and down the stairs a little cumbersome and tiring. Apart from that the only other thing that was slightly off putting was that at one point in the evening me and my partner returned to the hotel and I ran up to the room whilst my partner sat in the lobby waiting for me. Although we had entered the hotel together and we were clearly guests the night time receptionist questioned my partner about why he was in the hotel and didn’t seem very convinced with his answer. Luckily the security guard had more common sense than the receptionist and it was all sorted before I returned from the room.

The hotel is a short walk away from Stratford train station and the Olympic park but was not too busy or noisy. The room was spacious, comfortable and clean. But the breakfast was by far the best bit about this hotel well worth getting.

• Double Sweet Room by Ibis

Well in our room the pillows were veey hard and there was only 1 spare one. When there could of been 2

Location was goid able to get to where we wanted to

• Double Sweet Room by Ibis

The lift was not working, air-conditioner not working, the staff been very arrogant and not friendly except few girls. Check in was terrible i think the girl not understand what I was explaining. The room cards not working after half day.., terrible experience

Good Breakfast, and nothing else!

• Double Sweet Room by Ibis

There was considerable noise in the middle of the night and the pillows and mattress were very hard. The towels were also quite thread-bare. They allocated us the wrong room but they did change this when we asked.

The facilities were clean and very affordable for London. The rooms were serviced and cleaned each day which was nice.

• Double Sweet Room by Ibis

I had to change our room as the one originally given smelt of tobacco smoke. The staff were very good and our room was changed with no problem. The lift was not working so we had to carry our luggage, including a large bag, up to the second floor. The sink drain in the new room did not work and smelt. I notified the staff on check out and was given the impression this had been a previous issue with that room.

The toastie in the bar was reasonably and tasty with good quality ham. The staff were very helpful.

• Double Sweet Room by Ibis

No drop of point for luggage. Had to risk a £100 fine by stopping in the rear delivery area. Nearest reasonable car park was half a mile away. Lift broken so being a wheelchair user was a big problem. No response to requests for ground floor room. Not informed prior to arrival that lift was broken.

Comfortable bed

• Double Sweet Room by Ibis

Breakfast is OK, as much as I love the croissants and chocolate napolitanas, I think there should be more bread variety. It's a pitty you don't sell the tickets for the main attractins, but then we found out the machines inside the office for London Eye and the Dungeon, which proved out to be super quick and efficient.

Not bad at all for a 2** Hotel!! Confortable beds, spacious shower cabin, tea and coffee facilities which I used every night and thought I wouldn't have. Location may seem far from the centre but it's not. Metro and Train stations are about 6mins walking distance. Stratford shopping Mall also come in handy, 5mins walking from the Ibis Hotel, for food and other shopping needs. Markets can also be found quite close.

• Twin Sweet Room by Ibis

Outside noise seemed quite loud, the window was shut but there was an airvent. However, by the time we were sleeping it didn't interfere with our sleep.

Really comfy beds, no problems sleeping. Convenient for Westfield Centre and tube/train connections.

• Double Sweet Room by Ibis

The bathroom wasn't cleaned properly, dust everywhere. I also questioned cleanliness of the towels.

The only good thing there was the location. Stratford station connects you with the city center within 15-25 minutes depending on where you go. As well, there is a direct train from Stratford station to Southend airport. The breakfast was quite alright and the staff was helpful at the front desk.

• Double Sweet Room by Ibis

I couldn't work out how to use the air conditioner for cooling the room. With the window open it was too noisy but in the end I closed the window and slept really well.

The location was good for what I wanted but may be too far away from transport links if needed. Room was comfortable, could've been cleaner though. Breakfast was good.

• Double Sweet Room by Ibis

The sound isolation in the room's that are to the street, are a bit noisy! Couldn't sleep well due to that. The sound isolation of the window should be checked, at least of the room's that have the window to the street, the side of the church where the car's pass by.

Easy access, maybe one of the best locations outside of central london. Everything else is normal, everybody will like.

• Double Sweet Room by Ibis

Breakfast was a bit dissappointing, the staff were too busy to fill in with clean utensils and plates at the buffet table.

Strangely enough there was no toilet brush in the bathroom:), the rest was fine.

• Double Sweet Room by Ibis

At first day reception staff (female) was not helpful and can't communicate well. Everyone's face looked dark, no smile at all.

Nothing special... price has changed £20 up at the next day stay,,,, wired...

• Double Sweet Room by Ibis

Looked/felt run down and the bathroom door wouldn't open properly. I've been in an identical room at a different London Ibis and it was so much fresher looking. The air con also didn't work, it blew out mildly cold air, like a fan. Not great during a heatwave!

There's a Nando's underneath and fairly close to Westfield's.

• Twin Sweet Room by Ibis

Having a decent chair in the room would have made getting work done a bit easier. As it was there was only a weird (but very modern looking!) bench type seat to use with the desk. Also nowhere to sit to watch TV other than the bed.

Very handy for doing business in the East End, as just a few minutes walk from Stratford Underground station, and also close to shopping. Having a supermarket just behind was really handy for keeping the food budget down while in London. Perhaps the best thing was the size of the bathroom, and the fact that the shower had a detachable nozzle (something most hotels are woefully lacking).

• Double Sweet Room by Ibis

The room was too hot and while it was possible to switch the system off it wasn't possible to turn the air con to cool it down. On our last morning I wasn't impressed that the cleaner came into the room while we were in it despite the 'Do not disturb' notice hanging of the door handle.

• Double Sweet Room by Ibis

Breakfast option could have been better - went to a nearby cafe (Olive and Lemon cafe) which was not only a great choice of breakfasts and very good, but were also cheaper than the hotel continental.

Comfortable bed. Tea and coffee facilities in room. Bar open at night. Would stay again.

• Twin Sweet Room by Ibis

I did not feel safe in the area around the hotel. There were a lot of homeless people and the police was always present. We even saw a man being handcuffed on our first day there. The location is a big no-no but everything else about the hotel was great. The heating in the room wasn't working and the girl at the reception said she couldn't do anything about it unfortunately.

The beds were very comfortable and the room was clean.

• Double Sweet Room by Ibis

Wish they had an updated TV selection! Freeview has over 70 channels, but they seemed to only have 30! 😭

Brilliant place to stay! Everything we needed we had! They even have an ironing room!!! 😁

• Double Sweet Room by Ibis

The bed was a bit odd and a little firm, a mattress and a sheet on another mattress. Would like a hand towel rather than drying my hands on the towel I dry myself with, but they are being ecological and I'm being fussy.

Manager gave us a voucher for breakfast and we checked in early, courtesy of him, we were tired so much appreciated. Lovely funky room, I liked the cute pod bathroom. The tv had hdmi cable slot so we watched Netflix. The plug socket square was great for phone charging. Great shower and water pressure. Fab and plentiful breakfast and super friendly staff. Really near tube/train/ bus and Westfield so great for us.

• Double Sweet Room by Ibis

Toilet is Free Standing, if you're on the bigger/heavier side - this is a no no No toiletries like other hotels/apartments i.e. Toothpaste?!

For £50 a night you can't go wrong. Very Secure with the hotel card and entrance Beds Comfy AC included En-suite Bathroom TV with free-view channels Well lit room Good Location - halal KFC nearby as well as it being in Stratford Central!

• Double Sweet Room by Ibis

Diggers out the front waking me up dead on 8am. Could have done without that when looking forward to an actual lie in for once

Minimalistic style room. Very nice and spacious

• Double Sweet Room by Ibis

Air con did not work Room was not clean Windows did not open Room was hot as I had an infant with me No towels in bathroom No soap Check out time came and everyone sat around and looked at me so I dropped off my key and left

• Twin Sweet Room by Ibis

beds in the twin room were much smaller than a normal single bed which made sleeping very uncomfortable. Wouldn't ever book a twin room with ibis again, very disappointed especially as i choose ibis for a special stay for a night out for my 50th birthday. No sleep ruined it!

staff very friendly

• Double Sweet Room by Ibis

Building work outside, a bit noisy first thing.

Close to London, an easy access to get about. Breakfast catered for everyone. Friend and helpful staff. Room was spacious and a nice spacious shower. Thank you.

• Double Sweet Room by Ibis

I requested the Assistant manager that I want to book an other night three days later, and would appreciate if the same or a little more rate could be charged, however, the additional night is charged almost as per procedure with no discount, whereas I paid cash at time of reservation

Overall it was very good

• Double Sweet Room by Ibis

Whereas I like the concept of their "pod" en-suites, I actually felt slightly disorientated and dizzy in them. Think they were too bright internally.

Staff were very friendly and helpful. Room was bigger than I thought it would be.

• Twin Sweet Room by Ibis

The breakfast and the cleanliness of the hotel.

THE GOOD: The breakfast is wonderful and is a bargain for the price. The room was clean and pleasant. Some of the staff are well trained and pleasant. Although Stratford is quite a distance from the main attractions, the station located 3 blocks from the hotel is very user friendly. THE BAD: Upon check in, the key card issued did not belong to the room we were given and had to return to the lobby twice to get the matter handled. Also, you cannot place Ibis key cards anywhere near any of your additional life items as the cards are easily demagnitized. Lastly, as I attempted to check out at approximately 1:00 a.m. There was no one in the lobby to help either me or two other persons waiting to check in. I waited for ten minutes, but had to leave the key cards without a receipt or notification to the hotel that I was leaving.

• Double Sweet Room by Ibis

Slightly noisy from the street - needs better glazing. Hotel itself - no noise issues at all

Basic clean room - everything you need if all you want is somewhere comfy to sleep - very handy for Stratford Westfield and the Olympic park stadium - easy commute into central London.

• Double Sweet Room by Ibis

No parking facilities at all. Breakfast expensive rather eat on the go outside plenty places. Rooms are small for price.

Location is good not far from Westfield centre

• Double Sweet Room by Ibis

slightly bigger bathroom would have been nice but everything else was great. I would have booked breakfast online but there was no option to do it. I may have missed it but I did look twice.

the location and the room were both great! it was perfect for staying in before an event in the park. very close to the shopping centre.

• Double Sweet Room by Ibis

be careful, the rooms smell like fried chicken/oil because of a Nandoo's right below. If you do not want to smell this then better not stay there. Staff mad no attempt to change room, only manager in the morning helped.

the location is ok

• Double Sweet Room by Ibis

The carpet in my room 329, between the bathroom and the mirror was badly stained.

The room had everything I needed. A very comfortable bed and excellent washing facilities. Great shower.

• Double Sweet Room by Ibis

No spoons for cups, poor sound insulation from busy road, bed not as comfy as other similar standard hotels, check-in was very brief and unfriendly.

Free wifi, shower pressure, location to Stratford stations, friendly check-out staff, size of room.

• Double Sweet Room by Ibis

Few problems at check in... card machine not working and asked to pay cash! The website says card payments are allowed. Cleaners knocked and opened the room door at 1000hrs when we were fast asleep on a Sunday morning! And knocked on the door again at around 1100hrs, that was before 1200 checkout time. There is no parking as advertised on the website that I booked from (not the Ibis website)

• Double Sweet Room by Ibis

Room had a damp feel and was not well aired at all? Moved rooms after checking in from twin to double at request of staff, sadly to a worse room.

• Twin Sweet Room by Ibis

Bed was uncomfortable. Room backed onto a yard in constant use all night so was very noisy. No parking. Not in the nicest area, walking through the Stratford centre early in the morning was not a pleasant experience.

Room was clean. Friendly staff.

• Double Sweet Room by Ibis

A couple of towels had a stain on them.

Surprisingly good bathrooms, 24 hour reception, bar and restaurant, which is amazing given the type of hotel and location. Good room service system where you collect your own and there is no tray charge. Really clean. Helpful staff.

• Double Sweet Room by Ibis

Sadly not as nice as others I have been to, the room was grubby and not especially warm despite leaving the heating on all day.

Stayed at lots of Ibis hotels in Europe, this was the first time I had used the brand in the U.K. Staff were very helpful and polite and there is reasonable access to central London via tube and bus. Rates were reasonable.

• Double Sweet Room by Ibis

Nothing - it's a budget hotel and you get what you pay for.

Decent hotel that is clean, comfortable and well located. Meets all requirements if you're looking for a good hotel to spend the night.

• Twin Sweet Room by Ibis

overpriced , no car parking , was directed once at the hotel to the westfield shopping center , with no prior instruction . nearly £10 for an overnight stay , on top

nothing really

• Double Sweet Room by Ibis

The traffic noise early in the morning, the bed didn't feel clean, it felt like it's been on there for weeks. The towels were too small, air con only blows out warm air, window doesn't open all the way so not much fresh air in the room. The bed was comfy but hard in some parts, it advertises as a double room but it's a very small double, not alot to get around in.

The shops close to the hotel.

• Twin Sweet Room by Ibis

When tried to order food to take back to our room, we were met with eye rolls and the lady asked us what kind of food we wanted...it was uncomfortable so we didn’t bother. The place was unbearably hot and we didn’t sleep a wink! We had to wait for a long time to be served in the bar and check out. It just wasn’t good enough.

The room was clean and fairly spacious.

• Twin Sweet Room by Ibis

Air con didn’t work and it was way too hot, thankfully the staff gave me a fan. The hotel claims to be ‘green’ and asks you to put your towels on the hooks/rails if you want to reuse, which I did but they were still changed daily. I did speak to a member of staff to let them know!

The bed comfortable and was firm, which I like. The room was clean.

• Double Sweet Room by Ibis

The two lights next to the bed hanging down with wires was really enoying and could be dangerous. The colour of the room was almost all grey and that gives a negative and cold feeling.

Liked the location, close to shops and resturant. Great for city breaks.

• Double Sweet Room by Ibis

Shower could have been a bit more powerful , and the Windows could have been better as outside noise was a bit of a problem .

Lovely fresh breakfast , lovely staff

• Twin Sweet Room by Ibis

The air conditioner was not allowing enough hot air through, even after the temperature was turned all the way up.

The shower was quick to heat up, the beds were incredibly comfortable and the curtains blocked enough light out for a good sleep. :)

• Double Sweet Room by Ibis

Reception is like a youth club some evenings. No car park even though i understood there was, i also booked my room including breakfast, then was told it was £8.95 per day if i wanted it!!!

• Double Sweet Room by Ibis

Listing says parking nearby, and I had filtered based on only show hotels with parking. This hotel does nbot have parking, neither does it have parking next to it. Parking is 400 yards away, across several roads, across uneven pavements, and takes about 10 mins or so. Its the parking at the local shopping centre. So in my case lugging 4 bags through a rainswept Stratford was not ideal, and you couldnt really use the wheen on a suitcase due to the pavement. There is nowhere to stop outside. Nice hotel, but it does not have parking, anymore than anywhere in Straftord has parking.. so travel light. But mainly, Booking.com need to change the listing.

Staff were very nice, and the breakfast was very good.

• Twin Sweet Room by Ibis

streaky bacon as part of an English breakfast is not good at all. Fried eggs were not available but there was plenty of other food to make up for it.

the hotel was clean smart and modern

• Double Sweet Room by Ibis

Booked preference room on certain floor due to health conditions but on arrival was told not available. Was dissapointed at flirst. However refered room was placed on another floor and wasnt too bad as there was lift and was comfortable.

Room has a chic updated look with air con and comfortable environment etc. Toilet/shower ensuit was clean😊

• Double Sweet Room by Ibis

Prices vary greatly from day to day and week to week. Will be a problem if I plan a return visit.

Staff very friendly and helpful.One girl connected my phone to WiFi when I had a problem with it.

• Double Sweet Room by Ibis

I am afraid to report that the bed was the most uncomfortable hotel bed i have ever slept in. The pillow was not only very hard but also very lumpy and uneven. There was a topper on the mattress which was very uncomfortable too. I had a busy day the following day and I needed a good nights sleep which I'm afraid I did not have. A shame because in every other way the hotel was just right.

Location and friendly staff.

• Double Sweet Room by Ibis

The bed was not bad, but it is no longer on your best days!

The staff was welcoming from check-in to check-out. Both the hotel and the room are immaculate. The bathroom was very spacious, a relatively large room. Great location close to the train and subway station and easy connection to Gatwick airport.

• Double Sweet Room by Ibis

Our booking did not show straight away. Something to do with Booking.com system not showing on the Ibis hotel system. Was a bit worrying to start with, but it was all sorted.

The bed was very comfortable.

Browse ibis London Stratford traveller photo gallery