Reviews of ibis London Luton Airport 3 stars

Spittlesea Road, Luton, LU2 9NZ, United Kingdom

#11 of 18 hotels in Luton

• Standard Twin Room

You still need to get a taxi to airport as it’s still a distance to walk. Staff are slow. Told them I need a taxi at 4am, they got me a taxi at 4:30am which almost made me lost my flight out from London.

Great location as it’s nearby Luton airport

• Standard Twin Room

Initially not too keen on the way the entrance and check-in was done but now realise it made for a more relaxed stay. Didn't like the way lifts were camouflaged!!

As above but it took time to acclimatise

• Standard Twin Room

The fizzy beers are not to my liking, too much gas... Would be nice if you could offer a real ale beer.

Location is really great. 10 mins walk from airport terminal and National Express buses.

• Standard Queen Room

The hotel is in need of a bit of tlc. It is looking tired.

The hotel is within walking distance from/to the airport terminal. Shame about the airport!

• Standard Queen Room

Would of been great to get an alcoholic drink when we arrived but it was too late

Ten minute walk from the airport, easier than getting the bus. Check in was quick and easy which was great as we arrived in the early hours Nice shower.

• Standard Twin Room

Didn't arrive until 2.30am because pur flight had been delayed and problems getting luggage at Luton. Receptionist was extremely helpful. Had to leave at 5.30 next morning to get pur next flight and in pur haste my husband left his hearing aid. Phoned and receptionist very helpfully said he would have a look for it. He phoned back to said he had found it and is sending it to us. Very pleased.

• Standard Queen Room

Very friendly, efficient staff who welcomed us and made check-in speedy and painless. Comfortable, quiet room, quick late meal that was well-cooked, excellent breakfast with anything you could have wished for.

• Standard Twin Room

The twin room we stayed in was not as big as we would have liked for the price that we paid and was not the quietest room that we stayed in.

Conviently located within walking distance to Luton airport. Staff were both friendly and helpful upon arrival and throughout the duration of our short stay.

• Standard Queen Room

£9.00 per night for parking.

Very close to Luton Airport. A typical airport hotel. Clean and quiet, but £9.00 per night for parking on top of the room rate seems excessive

• Standard Queen Room

Their system was down when we stayed and they originally checked us into a room already occupied. However they soon corrected this and offered us a free drink at the bar.

Walking distance to Luton airport departures

• Standard Twin Room

Terrible. I have even injured myself in the bathroom because the toilet support rail does not have a secure and fell right in my face. Towels look dirty. Go to Holiday Inn, it is also closer to the airport. Staff was not interested in their job.

• Standard Queen Room with Single Bed

1.Bartender was ignoring us for 10 minutes and was serving to another customers who came later than we . When I ask her how long she's going to ignore us , her answer was that she can't do it on the same time. And then she left to serve the woman who came after us. We just left our snacks and lemonade on the bar counter and gone. 2.Not enough space in the room for suitcases. 3.The smell of clean towels is not very good. 4. Air conditioner is to noisy.

Comfortable bed. Clean room.

• Standard Queen Room

The room I stayed in had a door to the next room. I could hear everything! The next door alarm went off at 4:45. No point your company spending money brilliantly sound proofing against airplanes if the noise from the adjoining room keeps customer awake!!

The staff were efficient and friendly.

• Standard Queen Room

We were very late arriving due to a cancelled flight but the staff were still there to check us in and make us feel welcome. Check out is not until 12noon which makes a big difference. Room very clean and comfortable and quiet. Location for airport and airport bus service ideal. Very good value for money. We stay here regularly and would not go anywhere else.

• Standard Queen Room

The room was a bit cramped.

Fantastic staff. They had the right stuff for travelers in their lobby. Looked like a fun bar. Clean room, just what you need in you're in transit; nothing fancy. Within walking distance from Luton airport and buses.

• Standard Queen Room

I would add some info at the airport on how to find the direction to the hotels. Due to the construction works it's a bit tricky now:)

Clean and convenient. Walking distance from the airport. Easy check-in check-out. 1 hour from the London center by bus. I would definitely stay here again.

• Standard Queen Room

The bed. Lack of airport shuttle service Lack of reception facility

The mattress was exceedingly soft and lumpy and needed replacing. There is no reception meaning you have to stand in the entrance awaiting the attention of a bar person to check in. The hotel is near the airport but does NOT provide a shuttle service, necessitating a taxi for a very short journey.

Free car parking at least for the night we were at the hotel

The staff were friendly and helpful. Facilities basic but fair. Disappointed that parking was extra and had to also book airport car parking

• Standard Twin Room

We had a fish and chip meal and I have to say it was not very good far to much grease. The presentation is good but the quality was not.

We found room comfortable for our one night stay

• Standard Queen Room

Basic and disorganised. Table service in the cafe was terrible with the waiting staff disappearing for long periods. They seemed to lack any system

Not much. The food, when we managed to order it, was well cooked. Rooms were basic and a bit tired looking

The rain only 😁😍

A very good comfort , room very clean, safe and cheap car park ,close to the terminal , not noise from outside, excellent staff 10 of 10 ❤️❤️❤️❤️

• Standard Queen Room

No check in desk Now have to pay for car , this was new and not highlighted when booking. Also saw rats in car park next morning on leaving hotel.

Convenient for airport

• Standard Queen Room with Single Bed

Nothing to write home about but nothing to complain about either.

Location. It’s an ‘express’ hotel. Check in and check out. Staff were efficient and friendly. Loved the ‘detox water’ they had on tap for guests to help themselves to,

• Standard Queen Room

Virtually everything. A very shabby tired hotel, but it was cheap so I suppose you get what you pay for.

The bed was uncomfortable, there was very little storage space, the bathroom was very small although the shower was good and the water hot which is more than could be said for the breakfast. I find cold scrambled egg very unappetising. To be fair I wasn’t charged for it. I asked the receptionist to order a taxi for me on the first morning which didn’t arrive and she denied all knowledge. I missed my train so the whole day was spoiled. All in all a very unsatisfactory experience.

• Standard Queen Room with Single Bed

There was no table in my room, it makes it difficult to work. At a price of 62, 5 pounds per night, breakfast should be included.

Good localization. Quite quiet, although close to the airport

• Standard Twin Room

The toilet in our room did not refill once flushed for sometime, therefore once flushed it could not be flushed again for several hours- we did report this and was told it had been fixed but it hadnt. we were then given a new room for our 2nd night . At 8am there was a knock on the door which woke us up, it was the maid to see if the room was ready to clean yet- surely she could wait till we checked out. The original room was a disabled room ( which we had not requested) and was very dirty in the bathroom with stains and mould around the wet room shower

Comfy bed, deal location

• Standard Queen Room

bathroom bit old bar food very poor - nachos were dome microwaved doriots with melted cheese. most definitely not nachos. poor spirits range at bar

comfy bed fast check in friendly staff

• Standard Queen Room

Very small and basic room

Located just a few minutes walk outside Luton terminal - great if you arrive late at night with low cost flights Clean Nice and helpful staff

• Standard Queen Room

There were room service food trays and a bag of garbage in the corridor overnight, I'd expect the staff to check during the night to clear these. I was told I'd receive an invoice via email but still haven't received it.

Ten minute walk to the airport terminal, but the weather was nice. Staff was friendly and efficient. Room was comfy enough for a night. Very clean room.

• Standard Queen Room

Service was terrible in the hotel restaurant with a really grumpy waitress (the one with glasses and brown hair in a ponytail).

Location just 10-minute or less walking from Luton so really easy for early AM flights. The shuttle bus at the train station drops you off nearby so that’s super convenient. The check-in was easy and the room was small but comfortable with a nice bed, soundproofed rooms and heavy curtains to block out the early AM sun. Also a nice flatscreen with multiple channels. Complimentary coffee and tea packets in the room.

• Standard Queen Room

No reception just red shirted staff wandering around with hand held machines. No table top area and not that confidential. Check out in the morning across a smelly bar area is certainly not good. Rooms basic and clean, poor thought given to positioning of plug sockets otherwise adequate.

• Standard Queen Room

Not having a reception counter was unwelcoming One of the staff was rather brusque in replying to a reasonable question Last year the room cost GBP65; this time GBP75

good location for the airport breakfast

• Standard Queen Room

No check-in desk, just a chap wandering around meeting people as they came through the door. No signage indicating this was the case so guests arriving in groups looked lost and wandered around.

• Standard Queen Room with Single Bed

Clean, value for money, friendly and helpful staff and a terrific BLT sandwich and caramel cheesecake with ice cream. Look forward to another visit later in the year and to sample the Fish and Chips!! Thank you!!

• Standard Twin Room

Shower smelt like it hadn't been used in a while. Old and dated decor, especially the bathroom.

Location and quirky non traditional Checkin and entrance. Room had tea and coffee!!

• Standard Queen Room

Even though it was a non-smoking room, it smelled like smoke all night. Not very nice, especially when traveling with a 6 year old...

Very nice and friendly staff, also at midnight when we arrived :-)

• Standard Queen Room

Carpet badly stained in places, door to bathroom area hanging off, would not close---should have been seen to prior to our arrival. Corridor to room not particularly clean.

Room comfortable with all necessary amenities. Nice view from window. Toilet shower, basin all working

• Standard Queen Room

Me personally I don't use water from the bathroom to drink and the kettle was empty when I got there. So..no tea.Obviously I could've gone and ask but being so tired like I was I would've expect to find like a mini bar something so I can get a drink.

• Standard Queen Room

The lounge/bar/reception/eating area was unkempt and needed a good cleaning, the outside eating/drinking area needed to be cleared of empty glasses etc. The furniture in the above area was more in line with a school or a teenagers canteen. No comfortable chairs for relaxing. The lunch time snack menu was inadequate and the sandwich we ordered was of a poor Quality.

The staff were polite and well mannered, friendly and efficient. The room was clean and well presented. The food in the evening was better quality than the snack menu.

• Standard Queen Room

I was told full English breakfast would be served at 6am but it wasn't ready at 6.20 so I only had continental breakfast and I left at 6.30 as didn't have time to eat what I paid for. Everything was nice and tasty but English breakfast wasn't ready at 6 am

• Standard Queen Room

One of the staff members woke us at 2am attempting to get into our room for approximately 20 minutes. They apologised after being able to open our door while we were in bed sleeping and the left however interrupted our sleep, invaded our privacy and made our stay at the hotel less then enjoyable . They attempted to compensate us for the inconvenience by offering us breakfast that started at 4 am despire advising staff that we would be leaving at 3am. If we had to be aware we would have just waited in the airport. We were also able to hear other toilets flushing in our room

The hotel was clean and comfortable and the bathroom was roomy

• Standard Twin Room

It is an Ibis hotel...it is an airport hotel, so expect movement 24 hours, but only 10 minutes walk from the terminal. I got what I expected, which is enough for me

• Standard Twin Room

The only thing that I didn't like was overpowering smell of a bleach in the room. I reckon a cleaner had done extra cleaning but the smell was just awful.

The location near the airport is very convenient.

• Standard Queen Room

Signs from the airport showing where the hotel is would be very useful.

Comfortable bed, good shower with plenty of water, what you would expect...bar open until late which is good for a late arriving flight.

• Standard Queen Room

The bathroom was okay, some dirt I saw on the tiles which made me a little uncomfortable.

Love how it’s so near the Luton airport and also the bus stations. Just 10-15 mins walk. The price I paid was very reasonable and we were just there for one night.

• Standard Twin Room

Would like to be able to reserve/book parking space. As I arrived late, the car park was full so had to park elsewhere. Also need to allow parking for duration of time away (e.g. I stayed one night so I could catch an early flight and was due to return one day later so needed parking for two nights.)

Very helpful and friendly staff

• Standard Queen Room

The shower was barely more than a dribble. Not great for a 4am start where you need a good shower to wake you up. Also didn't appreciate the woman who checked us in asking for my email (I assumed to confirm the booking) and then signing me up to the daccor loyalty club without telling me. They have since sent me 9 emails in three days. Not at all good from a GDPR standpoint.

The rooms were clean and the food in the restaurant was good. Blackout blinds were a nice touch.

• Standard Twin Room

A fridge would have been icing on the cake.

We stayed two nights. Although the room was on the first floor it was lovely and quiet and great value for money. The staff were all lovely and the car park very convenient.

• Standard Twin Room

Basement rooms need upgrading urgently! Advertised as attached to Luton airport-it wasn’t and a good 10 minute walk or £8 taxi fare for 1/2 mile journey! Restaurant and bar were pretty basic but fulfilled a need.

Stayed before and after flying out on holiday, the before stay was awful with basement room tiny and depressing, return stay much better with a modern airy room with nice views, this hotel concept works for an airport hotel when your needs are minimal-all we required was catered for and the young staff were very friendly.

• Standard Queen Room

Poor showing by the team at ibis this time. With two days of travelling and late returns a decent nights sleep both nights were in order. Having the ventilation system making a constant noise made that impossible. Having been here many times I have been impressed that the hotel has taken time to install electric charging points. However as they haven’t marked the spaces as reserved for electric vehicle it meant two non electric vehicles were blocking my access to them. Not ideal when you need to charge. A simple set of signs and paint would do the trick.

Not a lot this time

As above

Everything was fine for a budget hotel very near the airport terminal, but please change water tumblers in bathroom. They are useless, they just split when taking off the plastic protection. Please provide something more robust that doesn’t need plastic protection.

• Standard Queen Room

It was very poor. An extortionately expensive microwave meal took almost an hour to be served. It was not good when it arrived. No hairdryer in room. Bed shoved up against the wall. Basic doesn't begin to describe it.

The receptionist was very pleasant but there needed to be more than one person on the desk.

Everything was good.

Having had a bad experience on our last Ibis stay, we were not expecting too much. However, this hotel was clean, tidy, the bed was comfy, and we managed a good sleep before our early flight at 6.15am.

• Standard Queen Room

Room is very small, very dated also. The hotel rooms, not just the lobby area, need to be updated.

Close to the airport and easy check in process. Good for the price paid.

• Standard Queen Room

Not being charged 5 POUNDS for taking my car out after dropping our luggage at hotel

Over the runway high up Was disturbed by a resident trying to get into our room Not good especially late at night,also charged 5 POUNDS TO TAKE MY CAR OUT AFTER DROPPING OUR LUGGAGE AT HOTEL, FIRST 15 MINUTES FREE THEN 5 POUNDS THEREAFTER , EVEN AFTER BUYING DRINKS AND CRISPS, WE ARE LOYAL CUSTOMERS BEING GOLD IBIS CARD AND BUSINESS CARD HOLDERS.

• Standard Queen Room

Wouldn't stay there for more than one night and for leisure. It is the kind of hotel you use because you have a really early flight and you need to be close to the airport. I found it strange that there isn't a physical desk at the entrance dedicated to reception - there was however a person to greet the guests and give them the keys etc... Food at restaurant was not amazing but not too bad.

Location is really good if you are travelling from Luton Airport. The hotel itself is nothing special, but it's OK and it's good value for money. Rooms were clean.

• Standard Queen Room

Breakfast is very limited for £8.95. They only have scrambled egg and won't make fried egg on request. The toaster took a lifetime to cook 2 slices too. But what they did have on offer was good.

The evening menu was amazing

• Standard Queen Room

Car park cost but more the problem with exiting. Able to check out but then told free trying to leave car park need a crd. Return to reception and given card that did not wiirk twice so then had to be assisted with exit. I pus nine oiynd to hotel exit Teton need to be improved.

Meet and greet. Meal and bedroom ok.

• Standard Queen Room

The toilet tank work for one time and after that, it's stopped working! Even with the toilet seat covered and the door closed, natural smell has found it's way outside to the bedroom :-(

Close to Luton airport, cheap overnight stay hotel.

• Standard Twin Room

I stay for one night with a friend of main because we lost our fly The hotel charged me 2 nights don’t know for what reason Hope gone pay me back the money for the extra day , because i check in in the evening and had left from the hotel at 8am in the morning Really not happy with that

• Standard Queen Room

The car park is not very big. But with more patience, easy to get in and out.

Easy to get to the airport. Staff very friendly and helpful. Quiet place, even if the airplane were taken off closely..

• Standard Queen Room

Very like cheaper neer and snacks than in london’s cafes and their charges for eletricity are for all variant: us eu uk. I charged my phone with eu charger. Super

• Standard Queen Room

Very small room so really difficult to move with suitcase. Bathroom very old with really old towels in bad quality. Air conditioner very loud. In restaurant waitress was ignoring me and i was asking few tumes to take my order. In the end she 'forget' to bring my bill.

Room was very clean

• Standard Twin Room

Staff in restraunt could have been more attentive. Didn't come near us to ask about dessert then when i asked for menu didn't bring any and we had to get them ourselves

Closed to the airport

• Standard Queen Room

i hate beds with plastic cover under the sheet. It is really hard to sleep well as the plastick gives terrible feeling of burning your skin. Maybe it is good protection for the bed's mattress but it kills sleepeing comfort. it was very cold in the room. i have switched the air conditiong at 6pm to make it warmer. it started to feel so about midnight.

i liked the bathroom. the shower was really great. water preasure was as it should be (not a weak one as you can have in other English hotels). the staff was kind and helpful. internet worked really well.

• Standard Queen Room

Restaurant menu looked poor.

Greeted by member of staff as soon as I walked in - friendly and helpful, checked in within minutes. Very convenient for the terminal (10 minute walk) Typical Ibis room - clean and comfortable, everything worked. Not a venue for a romantic weekend, but suited me when catching an early flight. Didn't try the restaurant or bar. Good hospitality tray.

• Standard Queen Room

35 mins running to managers in morning no ham no cheese no fruit no hot breakfast too slow bad service get brekkie in airport as it will be hot not 35 mins of messing around

Games on tables Staff intro on arrival

• Standard Twin Room

Quite dated and not the cleanest - think this was more because it was a bit older though. I only just fit in the shower as there was a sloping ceiling, and I'm average height for a woman!

Great location for Luton airport, within walking distance of the airport and train station which saves faffing with buses

• Standard Queen Room

There was a smell off mould in the room and you can see some mould on the ceiling. You could also feel the dampness in the room. Had to open the window for a while to get some fresh air, although the window doesn't open much for some security reasons.

Close to the airport, only a short walk away. Comfy double bed in the room.

Rooms a bit small

Nice and efficient. On welcoming everything went great. In minutes I was in my room after they made sure if I need a wakeup call or taxi. The room is a bit small but I came only to sleep so that didn't matter. Everything was clean and efficient.

• Standard Twin Room

View but you cannot do anything about that in this location

Staff mad our stay it was my husbands 60th and they went out of their way to make it special..food in Ibis was amazing

• Standard Queen Room

The air conditioning unit in the bedroom was leaking and dripping onto the floor. And there was a lot of noise from guests in the neighbouring rooms / corridor.

• Standard Queen Room

This is very much in the mould of other Ibis hotels in the UK. I was neither blown away nor disappointed, it was pleasant and exactly as expected. Location is good for the airport and also motorway connections.

• Standard Queen Room

Reception varied between excellent and useless. Several staff were not sufficiently competent in English. Our stay was actually 2 nights and the bed was not made for the second day, neither was the room cleaned, nor the bathroom. The breakfast on 9/4 was very poor, in that stocks of food were very low. When we arrived there was no ham, no cheese, no bread, no cutlery. Customers were extremely annoyed about this. In addition, tables had not been cleared.

Bed extremely comfortable

• Standard Queen Room with Single Bed

There is no reception area and I was confused when I first entered the building as to who I should ask for help.

Very small room but perfectly comfy and had everything I needed. Staff were friendly and very helpful. Close to airport. Airport taxi available at a good price.