Reviews of ibis Nottingham Centre 2 stars

16 Fletcher Gate, Nottingham, NG1 2FS, United Kingdom

#16 of 38 hotels in Nottingham

The bed could of been a little comfier (personal preference), however I had a good nights sleep.

Perfect location for city centre shopping and drinking! Friendly staff and nice clean room!

Nothing really.

Handy for arena and royal centre and shops. Tram stops practically outside. Basic but everything you need for short stay at reasonable cost.

The parking arrangement and cost was not mentioned on either websites (booking.com&ibis) This was very disappointing and costly (£10.00)

The Hotel, Staff, Food and room were very good and comfortable

Wifi was unusable: connected and a few minutes later dtpped working. Signal strenght was good, so something not configured properly Shower didnt have enough pressure for colder water

Right in the centre Friendly staff

Could have done with a bin in the bedroom area but the cleaner always took away the rubbish I piled up on the desk area.

The location was excellent. A tram stop right outside. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was quiet and everything worked!

• Standard Twin Room

Being charged £10 for an early checkin when there was an empty room available! Staff not knowledgeable about local area - one had never heard of National Water Sports Centre at Holme Pierepoint just a few kilometres away.

Great location near the centre. Handy supermarket next door. Clean. Friendly staff. Organised a taxi to the airport at 4am at a price way cheaper than I could find on the internet beforehand.

We were kept awake all night (until 6am) by a burglar alarm on a near by building. The air con / air handling in our room was not fit for purpose and the extractor fan in the bathroom was broken. This meant we had to have the window open. The alarm went off every 5 minutes and involved sirens and a voice telling us the police were on the way and suggesting we "please leave". I wish we had done. There are no phones in the rooms to call down to Reception. This is "Very 80s" apparently). I mentioned the problem on departure and the man I spoke to said he was sorry to hear about it but offered no recompense - other than to try and pretend the discounted parking was because of this (It's not. Everyone gets it for the Lace Market car park). There was no suggestion the faults in the room would be looked at. I complained to Ibis after leaving the hotel and the have refunded me £22 but for a night of no sleep in a room that cost £90, this is not adequate and I won't be staying there again.

The staff were pleasant and the lobby area is modern and bright. The breakfast was also very good and the location is great.

This place completely blew my expectations! City centre location, no fuss checking, beautifully designed & comfortable room. The price under £50!

Unfortunately it was my first time staying with this chain of hotels and I’m glad it was only for one night, cheap and cheerful would sum it up.. not sure what the bathroom was about as it felt like across between a caravan and a porta loo..very very basic. I found the young staff very rude and obnoxious especially when asking for help in lift to swipe card..

It was in a good location in the city.

• Standard Twin Room

Water pressure on the bathroom tap. Got soaked every time.

Excellent value for money. Very clean, comfortable beds. Spacious and huge window with a view in corner room 400.

Felt like you were in a caravan when in your room .it was decorated as cheaply as possible. Not really that comfortable . Staff weren’t very approachable. And to top it off the fire alarm went off three times. First time being 5.15 Am. no apology or explanation was giving by staff or management .

We got a room with a poor view, but obviously someone has to and they are randomly assigned and it's not like we requested a view room.

Staff were very friendly and helpful!

• Standard Twin Room

Being right in the centre meant it was noisy! You could hear the students partying until 3am and being next to the cleaning cupboard meant we were woken up from that noise. Cleaning staff were rude and unfriendly.

Excellent location, ibis staff were extremely helpful and friendly. Rooms were a good size and plenty of food / drink options.

Asian male receptionist really rude, fire alarms went off in my room from my deodorant spray, got accused of smoking when I'm a non smoker, alarm went off 3 times and the guys was using threats towards me that he wanted me out the building, called the police but they never turned up,. I will contact watcjbdog to show them video footage of the guy being abusive with threatening behavior

• Family Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

The water from the bathroom smelt like pond water- very badly!! Therefore when the bathroom is made in a pod (good idea though) the whole room smells of it. Brushing teeth was very unpleasant. Staff were rude and uninformative.

Comfy bed. Brilliant location!

Arrogant guest smoking in his room set the fire alarm off at 5.30am.and again an hour later,disrupting the whole hotel

Location,staff great.fantastic shower.clean room and plenty of tea for us!

• Standard Twin Room

On this occasion was woken up one morning at 5.30 am and think it was because someone smoked in room setting off fire alarm. Can hardly hold Hotel responsible for some idiots actions in their room as alarms have to be on to protect their guests. Person had claimed it was down to over use of deodorant to the staff but it does not take much to work out what really happened. Hotel apologised to me for being woke up by fire alarms and it was very much accepted since they cannot be held accountable for other peoples actions.

Have used this Hotel a few times now and has always been reasonably priced and perfect for my needs. Staff are friendly and helpful and bed very comfortable. Will stay again as suits my needs perfectly.

Room was scruffy. Marks on wall, paint missing. Bathroom pod floor was slippy when wet. Fire alarm went off 3 times between 5am and 6am it was a false alarm but staff were very rude calling the other guest, whose room set the alarm off, an idiot. No communication at all, security refused to talk to us. Had to go to reception to see what was going on, and was told “just go back to your rooms”

Location was good. Easy check in,

• Family Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

The laid back atmosphere no stuck up receptionist behind a desk young people with phones /tablets booking you in very relaxed very on trend

Fire alarm going off at 4.45am and then again 30 mins later and then again 15 mins later. I then checked out. I was told it was due to a guest smoking!!! Then ask them to leave.......

Staff were very friendly

Very noisy at night (we stayed on a Friday night) due to student nights etc. Also next to a church which rings the bells late and early.

In centre of nottingham with car park. Easy to get everywhere, was within a ten minute walk of everywhere we wanted to go

It wasn't a problem for me, but the window had no view, it was facing a wall

Confortable, clean, big shower, space to use my laptop confortably, plenty of stores to get food nearby and not that far from the train station, everything was great.

No internet service for a day and a half during stay. No one seemed to know what was going on Inc manager

Good location. Clean room. Comfortable bed. Most of the staff were helpful and friendly

Locals frequently noisy late at night even midweek at front of hotel. No internet for 4 days very inconvenient.

Locality, very central. So good for that, room spacious good value for money!

The rules and regulations of the hotel shocked me. I have bern travelling for more than 18 years. This is the first hotel wants to charge me extra fees for only 20 minutes early check in.

• Standard Twin Room

Beds could be more comfortable ok but don't compare with Premier.

Close to city centre and tram stop outside. Rooms fine for a short stay without any extras.

This is a party town and the whole of our floor on the Saturday night partied until 4.00am!!! We did not sleep much and it was unclear where to complain, As I was not prepared to go to reception in my pjs.

The staff where very quick at dealing with complaints. The breakfast was good.

• Family Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

One minor gipe was the cost of the food. We ordered a pizza and a curry for our room and they were both £12 each. I saw the lady bring the pizza out and it was frozen! £12 for a frozen pizza is not fair and should be cheaper. I guess the curry was a microwave meal. They were nice but too expensive.

The staff were very helpful especially with the cot bed for our baby. The room was very spacious and comfortable. The location was brilliant - very cental and close to all amenities.

• Standard Twin Room

Had interrupted sleep for 2 nights between 12 am and 3am due to other noisy guests. The soundproofing at the Ibis is poor as you can here guests. Door key also failed to work on second day.

The price was reasonable.

Being greeted by staff using smart phones to do check in was really off-putting. There is something about people hunched over the small screens that makes them look distracted and like they are not really there for you. iPads would be better. The key card didn't work for our room several times, before we even got into the room and when we returned at night. The staff seemed a bit irritated with having to help us, although they did sort the problem out each time.

Cheap, clean, comfortable and in a fantastic location.

• Standard Twin Room

Parking listed as free it's not. It cost us £12 for overnight stay. Being in centre of city there was lots of noise from street all night long.

Pleasant staff comfortable room

• Standard Twin Room

The curtains are not black out. 4 inc gap on both sides. Sun streaming in from early morning. Air con does not work. Too hot inside and no way to make cool. Both suffered through the evening.

• Standard Twin Room

Everything about the hotel is poorly. Lack of customer service and care. The hotel should never be rated 3* not to talk of 5 I will rate it 2* because of the location WILL NEVER RECOMMEND IBIS NOTTINGHAM

• Standard Twin Room

No air conditioning. Recurring problems with key cards. They didn’t appear to have updated room name information from booking.com.

Good location, helpful staff, clean.

• Family Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Breakfast very poor no disappointing for the price we paid .....beans cold no fried eggs bacon very very fatty .....sausage poor quailty.....ash browns dry.......could have gone to Lloyd bar or weatherspoon for better and cheaper.....

Place staff and location brilliant 👍

Nothing much

The staff is always friendly and helpful. Breakfast was very good and the room was so comfy. This is our go to hotel whenever we need a time out.

I could not actually stay in my room as it had flooded and the carpet was soaking wet and the room smelt of damp quite badly. The hotel was fully booked so were unable to give me a different room, so they refunded my room charge and gave me free drinks. I was able to share with a friend so didn’t need to find another hotel. Although I was disappointed that the room was unusable, I cannot fault the immediate response of the hotel.

The beds are very comfortable and the rooms are clean. Excellent location and friendly staff. Good choice for a short stay/hen do/party weekend!

The shower head had broken off and the cleaner missed it there for we had to swap rooms . Which made us late for a show that we can to see .

The bed was comfortable.

• Standard Twin Room

The checkin and checkout is now done by mobile phone and there is no desk. Looks pared to the bone. The sheeets were not changed at all in a 3 night stay and the shower gel ran out. A dirty tea cup was not cleaned up. VERY sloppy. poir show. Usually better.

Location good. Pleasant staff.

• Standard Twin Room

The parking is separate but you do get a discount from them for NCP across the road so to be perfect free parking would swing it but that is being really picky, city centre parking for most hotels is difficult and has to be factored in.

If like me you rate hotels by staff, good nights sleep, value for money and cleanliness this is perfect and I now check for an Ibis hotel wherever I'm going. This was a city centre hotel so I didn't take breakfast as there is so much choice within a few hundred yards so I cant comment on their breakfast. I loved the fact that it is easy to check the room to see if you have left anything behind as everything is open to view, perfect for us minimalists.

• Family Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

I've stayed at Ibis hotels in several UK cities. This one really stands out for not meeting the quality one would expect to find at this chain. The issue started on my arrival: a queue to check in and only two people to help a hotel which (I was told) was fully booked. The arrow in the room key points in the wrong direction, so one has to remember to insert it upside down or one won't get in. It is probably better being locked out than trying to get in. The room is tiny, old and not totally clean. There is no air conditioning, and all one can do is to boil in the room. The lift also smelled badly. After a few minutes after my checking in, I decided I had had enough. I asked for a reimbursement and went to Park Plaza, which was a much better experience overall.

It is hard to answer this question because the list of things that I disliked was so much longer. I guess what I liked was being able to check out of this hotel after a few minutes. And I also appreciated the fact that the receptionist promptly issued my reimbursement without forcing me to stay at this low-quality hotel.

We didn’t have breakfast as my husband had decided on another place. Maybe a breakfast menu in the room or on show somewhere might have swayed us.

Warm efficient welcome from the manager on duty. Warm, comfortable, very clean and quiet room.

• Family Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Said it had parking , that was a lie , also wanted £20.00 to leave bags in room at 1.0pm even though rooms were ready , French receptionist was totally rude and unhelpful!

I lost a stuffed toy which I suspect was taken out with the laundry - No-one really made any kind of effort to find it for me. I even wrote to Accor Hotels and have not received the courtesy of even an acknowledgement let alone a reply. BADLY DONE

Comfortable bed, Great shower - v important, decent breakfast, good WiFi

• Standard Twin Room

the new "hand held" check-in process took far too long and was excruciating and not helped by surly staff, and even one staff member ignoring my request for assistance in favour of working on his lap top on the bar whilst his colleague was left to deal with an increasing queue of frustrated guests..

Soap in the shower was nearly empty, this is honestly the only thing I can think of that was not perfect!

Easy check in, very friendly and efficient staff. The room was clean and the bed was incredibly comfortable, we had a really good nights sleep. We were on the top floor and it was very quiet.

I asked for a VAT invoice to be emailed to me on check-in and the lady took down my email. I even wrote it down for her and checked it. I still don't have the invoice by Saturday morning when I have to complete my expenses. Why oh why cant people get the simplest little things right? This is now causing me untold financial hassle at a time when I should be able to relax.

Good clean modern hotel opposite a subsidised car par where you can park overnight in the Lace Market of Nottingham for 5.00 to 10.00 when staying here. Staff are polite, positive and generally have the right attitude.

• Family Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

The staff could have been friendlier and not so rude. They advertised a family room with a double bed and a bunk, they don’t have that size room! They tried to tell me that i hadn’t told them i needed an extra bed when i had! The hotel was lovely, but the staff need to learn some manners

Nada.

A simple, clean room in the centre of town with all the facilities we needed. Paid a budget price on the night of a major rock concert. Excellent.

Not a fan of the pod style Ibis bathrooms, they feel very flimsy and are a little cramped, but they get the job done.

The bed was very comfy, friendly staff and great central location (especially for the price!)

Staff were a bit abrupt and perfunctory at check in. Interesting juxtaposition between advertisement left on the bed about unbleached sheets for the benefit of the environment, and the plastic-wrapped, disposable plastic spoons alongside the tea-making facilities: if you're going to wash mugs, why not wash spoons, too?

Comfortable and clean room, well-located and not overly expensive.

• Standard Twin Room

Air conditioning wasn't working in our room and it was very warm

Easy check in, friendly staff, comfortable clean room and sturdy bed, close to the arena, easy check out

Due to us being younger the staff treated us as if we had another head even tho that was far from the truth. We had no explination on how anything worked within the hotel despite never staying here before. We had no idea about using the room key for the lift or about using it for the front door in the evening and when a memeber of staff let us in he used a aggressive manner to tell us about the key . When my girlfriend said that no one had told us this he dismissed/ignored what she had said and went back to talk to his colleague. The only time your staff were nice was when we left!

The views were lovely and the location was absolutely perfect!

• Standard Twin Room

Room wasn’t properly clean bathroom especially marks in sink and toilet shower gel running all down side of shower bed uncomfy rude staff with exception of those on check in

Check in staff were lovely and very helpful

• Standard Twin Room

Check in was appalling. Room keys wouldn’t work (despite two trips to get them recoded). One member of staff was rude and unhelpful (until they came up and also couldn’t get it the room- but no apology!). Several trips down and then found they’d moved us to a double instead of twin room! Finally got a twin (the third room attempted) - but found it was a disabled room. And the bathroom floor flooded when you showered.... The young staff were over worked, insufficiently trained in customer service and unable to make decisions yet no manager on site. Took 40 minutes to finally get into the room.

Location very central. Good parking nearby

no proper reception on entry, just some one with a electronic devise who came from behind the bar, I booked so we could pay at the hotel i was told payment had already been taken, i wanted to pay by a different card not really impressed with this, no hand towels, very basic rooms, expensive for what it was

the shower was very good, we would have liked a bath & shower

The temp of the room was very high and when we opened the window the town clocked kept going off every 15 minutes so it meant either closing the window so we didn't have to hear the clock or keep the window open and listen to the bells every 15 minutes all night

The air con/heater did not work, on complaint to the reception this was the log I recorded : Hotel air con/ heater / blower log Air con heater not working 21:30 Still not working on all settings 22:30 Went to reception at 22:40 Said the air con / heater wasn’t working He said for starters it isn’t an air con, it’s a blower, I said well the blower in 414 is not working, I’ve been trying it on every setting for over an hour so I’ve had to sleep with the window open as I’m far too warm as well as sleeping naked, and can’t sleep due to the noise, this has lead me to have a headache and for £70 I should be able to sleep at night with some type of fan or air con. Even my dog was too hot and we had to put water on her every couple of hours. I asked for a fan by which the night worker said you don’t have fans, said I could move rooms but it would probably be the same in all the rooms. I asked what he suggest I do, had no reply and said I had to deal with it. I said I would be down tomorrow at 7:30 to see a manager. After speaking to someone in the morning offered us nothing back no voucher and said they would pass on the message. Not dealt with all in all. The night worker didn’t even check the room to see if the heater/fan was even working. It didn’t even make any noise/or produce any hot or cold air. All I could hear all night was people screaming and the trams backwards and forwards. Sorry for this review but I really didn’t enjoy my stay. Thank you

The women who check us in was great and some of the other staff we had spoken to. Room was clean. Only £5 extra if you have a dog with you. £70 in total which is a bit steep

• Standard Twin Room

The beds were so uncomfortable they felt like you were sleeping (or trying to sleep) on pallets. The walls are paper thin and we unfortunately got noisy neighbours. Sounds from doors slamming all night and the smell of someone smoking something questionable wafting through the window so had to close it but the air conditioning didn't work!

The location was only a few minutes walk from our event and it was very reasonably priced. The staff were extremely helpful.

• Standard Twin Room

Ibis being Ibis. The rooms are too small and the washroom pre fabricated as in most of the ibis.

The location is the best. The discount on the parking is very good too.

The staff who did the check-in in the evening on 2 May for us (Kyle is his name?) was really efficient and helpful. We stayed at ibis Nottingham various times and in the past we were disappointed by most if not all of the staff we encountered. This time Kyle's performance made us changed our impression of ibis Nottingham. We certainly will stay here again.

• Standard Twin Room

Parking is a bit of an issue, bit of an issue for my mate who has a disability & issues with walking at times

It was central to where we wanted to be for a concert and close to other places too

• Standard Twin Room

Could have been cleaner. Towels were on the floor in the wet room. Could see finger prints along walls. Was a disabled bathroom which seemed a bit grimy.

The location is excellent. Tesco next door and car park over the road. If you get your ticket validated it’s £10 for 24 hours.

Door cards kept unvalidating (very annoying when you're on the third floor furthest from the lift). No room phone ultra-thin towels

Excellent location Fast check-in Cleanliness of room Dog friendly Parking across the road for £10/day

The WiFi kept disconnecting and connecting! But apart from that, all good.

Loved how big and spacious the room was! Also great walking distance from all the shops, bars etc! Definitely stay here again 😊

No complaints at all about this hotel.

Location, hotel, staff , food were all superb. I read good and bad reviews before our stay but we loved it. There was some noise in the early morning hours outside but you have to expect that when you are slap bang in the middle of a city. If you want peace and quiet, get a hotel on the outskirts and pay a small fortune on taxi fares. We will definitely come back to the Ibis!

Arrived to the news that they had over booked for the room I had requested and staff didn’t really seem to care

Got a room with good view of Nottingham

• Family Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

I did ask to change rooms due to the lack of a telephone. The staff was very good about arranging for it.

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, and the location was ideal for the City Centre and Market Square.

• Standard Twin Room

Booking was extremely frustrating. I was told by the hotel directly that there was a two night minimum on booking. I later found out others in our party had booked later and at a cheaper room rate. It took 4 phone calls and a complaint email to rectify.

Staff were fantastic and the hotel had everything you would expect from a budget hotel.

I loved how close the hotel was to the shopping centre and the motorpoint arena which made it really easy for me to get around in a city I’ve never been to before

As a wheelchair user I asked for a suitable room. The wet room was great, but the main room was too small to be able to move around freely because of the furniture.

The room was clean and the bed was comfy. Checkout was at twelve allowing us to take our time packing ect.

Staffs were very friendly. This place was located in city center and very close to notts train station. The room was clean and comfortable. Definitely stay again if I go to Notts again!

• Standard Twin Room

no staff behind reception, checked in by a staff member who came from the bar and used an app on her mobe to do it, ok we were checked im but i dont like this slip in standards.also the staff member had poor english

• Standard Twin Room

Key cards not working, not enough staff to deal with it. Eventually got swapped but then they still didn’t work, took 3 separate trips to the desk to get sorted.

The location and convenience

• Standard Twin Room

Air con not working. Only 2 towels, no hand towels. Drains in bathroom basin smelly Tv too small, not many channels £99 cost, not worth half that

Browse ibis Nottingham Centre traveller photo gallery