Reviews of ibis Preston North 2 stars

Garstang Road, Preston, PR3 5JE, United Kingdom

#9 of 13 hotels in Preston

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

The reception/bar area were nice

The stains on the curtains and carpets. The finger nail at the end of the bed. The door didn't lock but to their credit they fixed it. People say you get what you paid for and whilst this maybe true...cleanliness shouldn't come with a price.

The reception/bar area were nice

The staff was extremely helpful

The room was dusty and dirty , very basic and even though had double glazing could still hear the motorway. There was a sign suggesting we wear the non existent earplugs.

The staff was extremely helpful

Ideal location for visiting the venues we wanted.

On two separate occasions our room key wouldn't open the door and we had to have it reset. Even with secondary glazing you could still hear the traffic from the room.

Room was spacious and bed was comfy. Check in/out was a quick and easy process.

It was overall a fair stay a little bit pricey for a basic room though

The sink had a mixer tap but even though I was turning the cold tap on to max it kept increasing in temperature, I could barely put my hands underneath it it was so hot!! Also no bath tub. Breakfast wasn't that great either. No attempt to make the room a room a few pictures wouldn't go a miss

The bed was comfortable and room was clean I guess you get what you pay for

The staff were very welcoming and had a “can do” attitude.

The toilet did not flush well on The Wednesday of our stay and leaked on the bathroom floor however, the maintenance man fixed it on the Thursday morning.

The staff were very welcoming and had a “can do” attitude. The property was bright and attractive. We felt relaxed and “at home” there.

Just off the motorway so easy access.

We didn't include breakfast because we felt £10 per head per night was too expensive.

Just off the motorway so easy access. Rooms were clean and beds were comfortable

Dick Turpin wore a mask

20 pound to check in early, absolute joke of a chain. If a rooms ready a rooms ready. Staff playing pool on entry. Good luck, I won’t be back.

Leaving.

Room was comfortable
    • Family Room

Breakfast was a joke Not enough tables Food was expensive for what was available and I wouldn't book to eat in an Ibis again

Room was comfortable

Average compared to other hotels

Uniform. Grotty

No booking confirmation. Made to wait without explanation. No double room. Twin room only other option but never mentioned it was a disabled room . Adjoining room so could hear every conversation . Staff looked scruffy in there uniform of red sweatshirt jeans and plimsoles!.. not the best advert . Breakfast staff were pleasant though and breakfast was very good .

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

I enjoyed my stay at the ibis and I’d certainly book again it I needed to stay in Preston.

The bed was very comfortable, I was amazed at the low level of noise considering we were so close to the motorway, and the staff were very friendly and helpful.

This hotel is lovely. Our breakfast experience was a delight. The restaurant staff were so lovely.
    • Family Room

I have no complaints as such. I had checked in for two nights but as my friend was suddenly discharged from hospital I only stayed for one. I was told that as I informed the hotel at 3pm....rather than 2pm then I could not have a refund; which was in keeping with policy. I felt this to be a little harsh as I was unaware of the time frame.

The beds were really comfy and the eoom was very clean. Unusual to see soap and shower dispenser attatched to the wall; a novel idea.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Very pleasant hotel for a weekend away.

Slightly awkward to locate if coming from the motorway.

Very quiet hotel with a Hungry Horse Pub close by, breakfast very good with excellent porridge clean

Dissappointing and cost more that we expected.
    • Family Room

We booked a family room but on arrival were told that we would need to book another room as our son was 15 and that the hotel class 12 and under as a child. So we had to pay for another room, and the second room that we had, had an awful smell of raw sewage coming up through the shower. We complained about it but nothing was done! The other room wasn't cleaned the second day and we weren't given any towels. Reception staff were not very helpful. Would not stay here again.

If you can get a good deal, it's worth it

Nothing, it is by the motorway, so suppose having the windows open is not an option, however, they did supply ear plugs. Sat nav does not like the postcode

Location, facilities and there's a hungry horse pub next door, which is probably the best way to find it.

Cheap and nasty

Uncomfortable bed, filthy shower, filthy carpet, bathroom door had been trimmed down at the bottom with possibly a blunt axe, the gaps around the bedroom fire door exceed the legal limit, I would never stay at an ibis again, cheap is not always cheerful..... Don't bother.

The price

Friendly and adequate

Can't think of anything really except perhaps a bin for dog waste.

An ideal stopover from M6 northbound. Comfortable with a relaxed atmosphere and dog friendly. Just right for our needs and it has a kettle!

Not a pleasant stay at all

Being kept awake all night from other guests. Room above our room children jumping around at 2am people coming in aroun 4 am after a night out slamming doors and laughing and shouting. Workmen on a night shift talking shouting outside main entrance couldn’t wait to leave that morning

Staff were friendly.

Staff were friendly. Rooms were a lovely size and very clean. Perfect for the one night stay for me and my partner. We’ve been before and will most likely be returning again in he future.

Budget room with a budget price.

Was only a sheet on the mattress topper not the whole mattress. Alot of road noise from outside as close to motorway. But saying all that it's a budget hotel, was clean and staff was friendly.

Good value for money. You get what you pay for. Basic room, basic price. Ideal as a cheap stop over.

Room size, 24hour check-in , late check- out time in the...

It was a little trickier to find than the ' straight off the motorway's that I was really wanting.

Room size, 24hour check-in , late check- out time in the morning.

Cheap and cheerful

The reception was pretty much the bar which is confusing when you first walk in. The breakfast was a bit naff also but it’s free so can’t complain.

Cheap and cheerful for one nights stay.

Filthy. Make sure you’re well vaccinated!

Hotel is filthy. In need of a serious renovation. Don’t be fooled by reception area. The first room we were given had a strong sewage smell and mysterious white stains all over the furniture and headboard. A thick layer of dead flies and dust between the windows. Was moved to another room which wasn’t much better. Carpets so dirty I wore shoes for my full stay, dust everywhere. The cleaners must just change the bed as the room felt grubby. Rust in bathroom and pubic hair all over the floor. One of the drinks stirrers provided had been USED and not replaced. Mysterious brown marks/stains all over the outside of the kettle which stopped us from using it for fear of catching something. Can’t actually believe I paid to stay here, regardless of it being a budget hotel, quite clearly needs a new team in who are able to clean and a manager that notices and takes care over standards. The premier inns are much nicer, clean and similarly priced. We checked out pretty sharpish, couldn’t put ourselves through the breakfast after seeing what this hotel classes as a clean standard. 🤢😷🤮

Location was good.

The staff at the Hotel.

When arrived at the Hotel Ibis Preston was told that they were fully booked and only had a double room left.Was travelling with 2 children.Despite entering 1 adult and 2 kids in the search engine on booking.com website and asking for a family room.I had to sleep on a hard floor whilst the kids were in the bed. To add to my nightmare was told that hotels no longer except cash payments for a room unless you are pay a £50.00 deposit and have ID with you.If you have no ID you don't get a room.This is apparently a new law due to the terrorists threats.There is no mention on Booking.com website that I can see about this and Ibis don't mention it in their literature. I feel extremely disappointed by Booking.com and have decided not to use their website again for future holidays. Not been able to book breakfast online was another thing I didn't like.

The staff at the Hotel.They offered kids sweeties and colouring in pencils.The staff were polite and helpful.

I doubt if I'll stay here again.

The building is on eye level with the M6. The noise is appalling. You should be able to sleep without wearing ear plugs! Note: the odd numbered rooms are next to the M6. On the opposite side, with even numbered rooms, the noise is bearable.

Very helpful, friendly staff who couldn't have been more accommodating.

Overall a positive experience.

Some bathroom facilities showing age.

Conveniently placed for ovetnight stay on way to Scotland from Hampshire. Helpful staff, reasonably quiet, closr to M6. (Pity that M6 is curremtly a travel nightmare but no reflection on this hotel. )

A hotel is for humans not rabbits

We were in room 318 and the cold water supply appeared some what restricted both from the basin tap which was only a trickle to the toilet cistern which took for ever to refill During breakfast it was noted that in the open plan eating/ seating /reception area two ladies were seated one with a dog which i understand, " could be a guide dog " the other lady had two large cardboard boxes which carried rabbits one of which she was sat with the animal on her knee, i was surprised and shocked to see both the male and female members of the reception staff go over and stroke the rabbit, shortly after the female member of staff came round to the buffet area looking at the food containers and the male member of staff then brought supplies out and refilled the drinks machine, , one would have hoped they had washed there hands but only they themselves will truly know , perhaps better not to have touched the rabbit let alone having allowed it in a service area like the breakfast area and to have been openly handled i find disgusting in this so called time of health and safety Quite disgusting enough to make me avoid the hotel in the future

Breakfast was good and plentiful quite an adequate selection of items available, all quite fresh for a buffet breakfast

If you want a rest give it a miss

The room was old and dated the noise was terrible all night people in and out for a cigarette. Talking full volume outside in the early hrs. If you want to sleep give this place a miss. Carpets so bad you have to wear shoes all the time.

Very quiet room, double windows blocked out the majority of...

Iron was leaking very hot water but there was no one at reception to tell when we returned it.

Very quiet room, double windows blocked out the majority of motorway noise. Clean and comfortable room with a lot of space to store luggage. Good location next to the M55 and M6 which we needed to make it to two different locations during our stay. A chain pub next door so somewhere to go in the evening without having to travel.

Not as bad as people have made out on these reviews, you get what you pay for.

Only bad bit we experienced was that i Paid for two breakfast on arrival yesterday but didn't require them this morning so tried twice to find a member of staff this morning to see if I could cancel the breakfasts and get a refund each time I wasn't able to find a staff member. Message also sent through here I am still awaiting a reply.

Pleasant place to stay, value for money, friendly staff, quiet considering it's rights next to the motorway. Would stay again, clean enough and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Stay somewhere else

Checked us in to a disabled room covered in hair sheets not clean we changed rooms wasnt much improvement staff rude police everywhere at night someone getting arrested at frount door boiling hot no air con had to ask for a fan stunk just awful

Was just awful

I could have been offered a fan on check in.

I could have been offered a fan on check in. Due to the heatwave, I had difficulty sleeping. I only found out they had fans available on check out. Otherwise a good stay.

Absolutely miserable.

The initial check in was difficult. Once that was sorted I went next door to eat at the pub. When I came back the door of my room wouldn't open even though the card swiped correctly and the green light showed. The team manager came to sort it out and ended up having to take the whole door handle and lock mechanism off. This meant that i couldn't leave the room again until I checked out as there was no way of closing it without the lock malfunctioning again. Whilst there were plenty of car parking spaces in the car park they were very small and many were taken by commercial vehicles. Whilst I was able to reverse into a space I could then not open my car door to get out. All of this was on top of a long day where I had driven for 400 miles! I know this is a budget hotel but it was a really poor experience.

I had a difficulty with check in which the team manager eventually sorted out for me.

Wouldn’t stay there again
    • Family Room

Unusual smell and outdated design in my room. iPhone socket beside bed didnt work. Found hotel difficult to access as arrived late and was unsure of access to main entrance on foot.

Staff were nice

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Very bad
    • Family Room

Rooms very small and no space even to Walk, same thing the bathroom Room decoration seems taht almost 100 years old No shampoo TV 14 inch Shower broken

Ok
    • Family Room

Definate had issues with drainage, sink smelt disgusting when using water. No air con. No hand soap provided.

Bed was really comfortable. So were the pillows. Apart from drainage issue room was clean.

We asked to purchase breakfast the next day, but the card...

We asked to purchase breakfast the next day, but the card machine wouldn’t connect. The lady on reception tried to get it to work around 5/6 times, she accepted it wasn’t going to go through and offered us a free breakfast as it was not our fault. My partner and I really appreciated this gesture - she could of turned us away but she never. Fantastic customer service.

Ibis Preston

Shabby ,unclean . Wood was coming off bottom of door . Shower grout was black , needs updating and a good scrub

Close to where I wanted to go , staff were friendly

Not pleased when I could not wash properly and shave in a trickle of cold water

There was only a trickle of water in the sink - no hot water at all in the sink and the sink waste did not work. This was a problem when I arrived and had obviously been broken for a while.

Fab other than Sunday morning car event

There was a car event on the car park so we were subjected to loud revving of cars from 830 am which is not good on a Sunday. Ridiculous that it is allowed outside a hotel. Was the only thing that ruined the stay and would prevent me staying again :(

Clean room comfy bed

Lovely friendly atmosphere but a bit drab in the rooms. Kind of value for money i would say.

Condition of the room was extremely poor and there was paint splatter over everything where it had been painted in past.. even old masking tape still left on in places.. I wouldn't walk bare foot on the carpet either..

Staff were amazing, friendly and accomodating. Bed was really comfortable and shower was nice and hot and powerful!

Wouldn't stay again
    • Family Room

Wasn't clean. Was hairs in shower on arrival , next day cleaner had been in but left pizza box and old milk pots teabags. Towels hung back up but not chamged. And windoe open on arrival we got there after 11 it was freezing

It was just ok.

Noise we had a room 2 on the ground floor. The noise from the car park was bad. There was an adjoining room with a connecting door in our room. The noise from the room next door was unreal . Should have known when I saw the ear plugs on the table.

The room was very good the breakfast mediocre
    • Family Room

The breakfast appeared to have been prepared well before the start time of the service. The scrambled eggs were dry and almost tasteless. This is the first time I have stayed in an IBIS in the UK. I have stayed in IBIS hotels in France and UIkraine.

Very disappointing -

We arrived late at night - I had booked 3 rooms, but the IBIS only had two rooms available and sad that they had not received our amended booking. They put up a sofa bed in one of the rooms and it was awful - as the mattress was so thin you could feel the bars through it. They gave us a free breakfast for the mix up and said we would not get charged but on my booking .com app - the charge is still appearing

Evening staff tried his best to resolve the situation - day staff were not pleasant with us

Perfect everything I needed when booking a late room.

The room was very hot even with the windows open, but I know that is quite usual in high rise building, there may of been an air con option, but I didn’t enquire.

Not stayed in an Ibis before, loved the relaxed casual-ness, of the hotel, staff brilliant even when I could not work out how to use the lights! 🤔🤫

It was a convienant location & stay.
    • Family Room

No room service. Reduced options for vegetarians. Issues over advance payment involving booking.com & the hotel.

It was a convienant location & stay.

good for a short stop over

check-in was a little awkward due to internet connection for payment room was a bit worn/dated

bed (split into singles) was comfy shower was good

An enjoyable stay with mixed feelings

As someone who has hay fever, I felt the facilities did not cater for me . Staff did their best to ensure that my room was thoroughly cleaned after I raised my concerns. Cups were not changed and I ended up putting them at the door when I left the room for the day

The quiteness of the place especially in my room . Unfortunately I didn’t have the opportunity to dine in the hotel

Hotel was ok and served its purpose.

Kept having issues with the key card to my room. Carpet in my room was also on the grubby side and could have done with a really good clean.

Excellent location just off the motorway but very quiet. Pub right next door (although didn't use it). Brilliant breakfast selection. Really friendly and helpful staff.

Comfy room, good breakfast.

It was hot so had the window open and could hear the motorway as our room was directly overlooking it, next time would request room on the other side.

Bed was comfy and and clean, there was a spare pillow if required but this is a room for two people so could do with two extra pillows! Breakfast was a little expensive although it was VERY nice, I would have eaten in the Hungary Horse next door as it was cheaper but it didn't open early enough!

Great for an overnight pit stop

Nothing to not like!

Convenient for an overnight stop on a trip south. Staff were very helpful and friendly. Rooms were spacious, comfortable and clean.

Couldnt sleep because of noise of motorway, thats with...

Couldnt sleep because of noise of motorway, thats with windows closed , they supply ear plugs in room so they no its a bad room 50 pound for no sleep , shocking.

Bed was ok

Booked for a early check to be told it would be a extra 20£ which I found disgusting. Wanting to pay cash but then told a despoist if £50 would be needed. They need to make it clearer on the booking form all the charges.

Bed was ok

Great value, great service, good nights sleep!

For the price, I really can't criticize anything! Perhaps the TV in the main restaurant/lounge could have been a bit bigger..but I am clutching at straws here!

Comfy bed, clean and good sized, quiet rooms, and fabulously friendly, efficient, helpful, service orientated staff. Look, it's not 5*, but it definitely ticks all the boxes for a comfortable nights sleep, great service and a perma-open bar and restaurant - plus the location is very handy (10mins and £12 in a taxi from Preston train station and close to the M6/M55 junction).

A very welcoming place to stay

Noisy in back rooms from motorway...but didnt really upset sleeping

Good breakfast...very good staff..very nice bar and breakfast area...good pub next door. Staff went out of their way to help us out on a personal matter

The location is great.

Booked a breakfast through booking.com but the hotel staff informed me this was incorrect and I would be charged.

The location is great. Just off the motorway

Decent sized room and comfortable bed.

Decent sized room and comfortable bed. Great location and Hungry Horse next door for a quick meal and drink when tired. Great location for Blackpool Championship Dog Show - which meant there were loads of dogs there that night. Good spaces outside to walk dogs, inc grass areas.

short but sweet

for the rating i found it very quiet and clean....great location and seems like you could be in the woods not on the outskirts of a ciity. met all our needs and at a good price

Very poor value for money, not satisfied with the cleanliness, basicness.

We had three dogs with us and was charged an extra £30 on top of the £75 for the room only. When questioned about the price for the dogs we were told it was 'Company Policy' as they had to deep clean the room after being occupied by dogs. When we entered our room it was obvious it hadn't been cleaned properly, never mind 'deep cleaning'! We know from a friend staying their that it was probably occupied by dogs before us and they wouldn't have had time to deep clean. I've taken photos of the carpet, showing that it was not thoroughly cleaned etc. We did complain and were refunded £20 but the room itself was very basic, no phone, only one spare pillow and one towel each,. We won't be using this IBIS hotel again.

Convenient, easy parking, dog walking

Wouldn’t stay there again very dissapointed not what I had expected
    • Family Room

They gave you ear plugs thought it might be as near the motorway but that wasn’t a problem the walls were thin and I could hear people next door talking No signs to hotel or directions as postcode doesn’t get you there No net curtain on window so everyone could see in Wasn’t as clean didn’t look like they had vacuumed floor from previous night Quality of room didn’t live to expectation Several broken things Didn’t like that they didn’t have a reception desk checked in by mobile Not very personalised or friendly Charged £10 for a dog Breakfast waste of money not great Wouldn’t stay again

Ambiance is very quiet , though located in little outskirt...

Nothing as such

Ambiance is very quiet , though located in little outskirt from city center accessibility is the problem with city center but will get Cab through out. Can go ahead and book without any second thought.

I had pre-booked a price yet on checking in was going to be...

I had pre-booked a price yet on checking in was going to be charged an extra £10....I also wanted to pay in cash for my stay, but was then expected to pay an extra £50 in cash for a “deposit”. This would have taken all my cash, it made me feel embarrassed and “forced” to pay with a card to avoid the “extra deposit”. There was nothing on booking that this would be the case. Didn’t feel “trusted” It has put me off staying here in future

Enjoyable and worthwhile, just a little pricey.

One only disappointment, that the charge per dog was £10 per night. I can understand that for large breeds, staying in the hotel rooms, but for a number of very small dogs, could not a special concession have been made when the owner had 3 small dogs, all to be kept in cages, or pen, overnight, to offer a 3-for-2 policy perhaps? Make this more affordable and appealing to dog owners, with their well behaved show dogs, to encourage us back!

I was attending a local Championship Dog Show held over three days. I was impressed by the hotel's pro-canine attitude and the tolerant and helpful staff. Dogs were generally extremely well behaved and were catered for and understood very well by the staff. Nothing seemed too much trouble. I particularly liked the lay-out and self-service breakfast dining, offering both Continental and full English Breakfast and food being available 24 hours, round the clock! Convenient, being fairly close to the showground, only approx 8 miles away and the doggy-minded, dog tolerant staff made this a pleasant experience. Can highly recommend.

Good for a few nights stop over
    • Family Room

£10 per pet, per night is very expensive considering 1 small dog or 3 small dogs sleep, eat in there own crates within the room, so lot less mess than noisy hen or stag party staying

Location, price, take out snack breakfast pet friendly. although £10 per pet is rather expensive considering the room should get thoroughly cleaned anyway, 1 small dog or 3 small dogs sleeping in there own crates in the room

Great find

The room was very warm. However a fan and a sheet for the bed were provided in the room already. And ice water at reception free of charge. So they are doing what they can.

Quiet location and staff were very friendly. Especially Adam who checked us in.

Short, due to the difficulties finding it but comfortable in the end.

The instructions for finding the hotel are completely unintelligible and using a satnav didn't help either. We must have driven 20 miles in circles to find the hotel. The signposting is abysmal.

Once we gor to the hotel it was totally fine.

Hotel was in an excellent position as we were attending a...

Hotel was in an excellent position as we were attending a wedding at the nearby golf club. Staff at the hotel were excellent and very helpful. Would definitely stay again.

Free ear plugs

Motorway on one side and A6 the other stuck in the middle of road noise . With not very good glazing so even the back side of the hotel had road noise . Now I know why they have free ear plugs next to the bed . Hard floors in the hall ways so anyone walking in late it you can hear every foot step .

Close to the M55 for a night stop for Blackpool

Comfy bed and good selection of food at breakfast

The carpit was very dusty and there were contractor decorating on my floor, there was a smell of cigarette smoke in the hall way too so someone may have been smoking in one of the rooms. The WiFi was un-secure so I was unable to login to our business service - you should change the connection so it is password protected and secure for users.

Comfy bed and good selection of food at breakfast

Dog friendly - £10 charge

Bathroom had a speaking tube to the upstairs rooms, could hear everything. Sadly, its proper function as an extraction system didn't quite work. Breakfast quite expensive at £10 per person, but it looked good.

Dog friendly - £10 charge Good location just off M6 Basic, but very comfortable room

Great comfy stay, good value and friendly staff .

Not enough tea and coffee, only enough for one cup each, actually wanted a cup before bed and then we were unable to have one in the morning, because there wasn't enough. Good job it was just me that needed sugar because I just had enough for one cup. Location wasn't clearly sign posted, but that might of been just me, it was ,are and we were tired.

Staff very friendly, great location, beds very comfy. We had everything we needed. Great value for money, especially as it was half term straight after a bank holiday, I was expecting to have to pay more.

Ok for one night.

One of rooms had broken shower and no phone in room to contact reception. One staff member working at bar aswell as checking everyone is leading to slow service. The hotel was difficult to find being just off a main roundabout, not very well signposted.

Staff were helpful and friendly and the room was very hood value had everything we needed and served its purpose.

See above

the breakfast was poor value for money at £8.95 and the same price for a continental breakfast as a 'full' English of which there was a very poor selection was just not on. Also when we returned to our room on Monday night it had not been cleaned, beds were not made, towels were not changed, in fact it had never been touched and I would expect better than that and if you want us to come back again you will have to up your standard a lot, after all at £270.00for four nights plus breakfasts I consider it jolly expensive.

Good sized room, the beds were comfortable

Shocking booking.com get a grip and sort these hotels out I stay regular with your recommendation
    • Family Room

When I arrived there was no room for me after travelling for 18hrs Complete joke I booked a Family room and my mate had to sleep on a tiny sofa for the 1st night Before it being made into a sofa bed Which I had to make up myself As the staff couldn't do it

Let us borrow an iPhone charger over night.

Very close to motorway, double double glazed but had both windows open as it was so hot! Towels were quite small. No plugs by the bed.

Let us borrow an iPhone charger over night. Late check in. Convenient location. Clean and comfortable room. Great value.