Reviews of Inchture Hotel 3 stars

Main Street, Inchture, PH14 9RN, United Kingdom

#1 of 1 hotels in Inchture

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Excellent will definatly return and recommend
    • Double or Twin Room

Few more healthy options on the menu would be a bonus

Very warm and friendly hotel, rooms a little dated but very clean and comfortable. Restaurant facilities and food excellent.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Staff very friendly and helpful, food (Breakfast and Dinner)...
    • Double or Twin Room

Bed was lumpy and needs to be replaced. Furniture in room overbearing and should be more like Lodge Inn type to give more space in room i.ie guests dont need chest of drawers and wardrobes.

Staff very friendly and helpful, food (Breakfast and Dinner) was honest and good value.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Bed hard.
    • Double or Twin Room

Bed hard. Carpet in room dirty, walls dirty. Getting into shower difficult if you are large in size. Room was spacious and nice furniture problem was everywhere could do with a good clean and a lick of paint. Staff friendly but never anyone at reception when you need someone. Had to wait 5 to 10 mins for someone to come after raining the bell. Its such a shame as it could be a really nice hotel with a bit of TLC

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

What a gem and at a good price :)
    • Double or Twin Room

The Wi-Fi was a bit poor to be honest, but not a problem and nothing to complain about.

Really nice location and the surrounding views were really nice. The food was great (had Fish & Chips) it was perfect thanks :). The Sticky Toffee Pudding was to die for :) Not to far from The Open Golf 2018 venue Carnoustie. Although the Open had finished already, it was still nice to visit and see it in the flesh. Would come here again if I was in the area doing business or on a personal family visit :) Good Job Inchture Hotel :)

Peaceful, comfortable, and great value for money
    • Double or Twin Room

I'm so glad we chose to stay here on our trip to Dundee, rather than in the city itself. For the sake of a short drive, we had lovely rooms in a quiet location. It was great value for money, and I would definitely stay there again on another trip. We didn't have breakfast as we were leaving early, but it was very handy that there was a Spar right across the road.

Will definitely stay here again
    • Double or Twin Room

Perhaps the menu was a little limited but the food was very nice

A very comfortable and welcoming room with nice en suite. No negatives. The staff are a huge positive ... Friendly, very helpful and lovely to chat to.

Gem of a Hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

Although decor a bit tired everything else was grand.

Really enjoyed my stay even tho 1 night. Easy to find and convenient location. The huge room was clean and comfy. Every one of the staff were extremely helpful and very cheery . The food was very good and rhe conservatory nice for breakfast. A booking deal made it very goid value and I will definitely go again.

Improve a bit and I'd stay again
    • Double or Twin Room

Although it stated there was limited Wi-Fi in some rooms it had almost none and on 3 network I had to lean out of a window to get reception. Also my room was very nice but also very warm and I needed to have the window open all the time and having a noisy industrial flue outside meant it was not easy to relax. I can't say for sure but I was tired all the time there which may have been down to fumes from the flue.

It was in a lovely location and the staff were great. Food was great too.

Given the price, the Inchture was a very pleasant surprise and one I will keep in mind for later
    • Double or Twin Room

Nothing bad enough to warrant a mention.

From the ease of finding the hotel just off the main A90 to parking right outside the front door, everything was good from the start. Checking in at Reception was pleasant and I felt relaxed from the minute I walked in. The hotel was nice and quiet in the evening, the room large and comfortable with everything I could need for my stay. Sometimes things just feel right and I regret that I was only there for a single night as I did not have the chance to appreciate the Lounge or bar with an early start needed the next day. The hotel is handily placed between Dundee and Perth, an ideal place to use as a base for exploring the area. There is a Spar shop directly across the road from the hotel and this was also very useful. Breakfast was a rushed affair for me as it was from 8:30 (Sunday) and I needed to be somewhere at 9-ish but the staff were very helpful when I told them and they served me very fast. As for checkout, because I was in a rush I just popped the key in the slot and left as there were no-one around at reception. Would I stay here again? I definitely intend to if I am visiting the Perthshire area again.

Excellent value for money, I will return with the family some day.
    • Double or Twin Room

The shower although very modern and impressive, (i felt) was a little low on pressure, but there was always a plentiful supply of hot water. I just used the overhead Rose as opposed to the regular shower head.

Excellent friendly service and daily room service with fresh towels as required, adequate storage for travel clothes and tea/coffee station, cosy, comfortable and quiet location. the comfy sofa was a welcome addition to a hotel bedroom. Would absolutely use again.

The room was spacious
    • Double or Twin Room

- Bad state of maintenance - Radiator in bathroom (towel rack) didn’t work, electrical connections not well protected (humid area!) - Staff was not very attentive, e.g. lack of recommendations for Dundee trip, uncommunicative - Not very clean

The room was spacious

Breakfast didn't start until 8:30 which was...
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast didn't start until 8:30 which was unfortunately the time I had to leave. The staff were helpful though and I managed to get a quick bite before leaving.

warm, friendly & accomadating x
    • Double or Twin Room

I enjoyed the whole experience of my stay at Inchture Hotel, we were welcomed by warm & friendly staff, the roon was clean & accomadating, the evening meal was great especially with my friend having seliac disease & she enjoyed a fantastic gluten free meal, i would certainly stay here again x

Weekend stay.

Nothing at all

The room was spacious and well decorated. Very clean with a beautiful modern bathroom. The staff we're very friendly and helpful throughout our stay.

Second Stay at the Inchture Hotel

Nothing wrong here!!

This is a cracking small hotel - my second stay and I will be back!! Very comfortable room, good atmosphere in the restaurant and bar and great breakfast. Plenty of on site parking and the staff are very friendly and efficient.

Terrible. Woke up many times during the night with punters and receptionist talking very loud
    • Double or Twin Room

Very noisy, it is above a pub but they could at least make the room a little soundproof. Receptionist answered 2 phone calls while I was checking in.

I will be honest, nothing. A small dump.

Business Stay at the Inchture Hotel

All very good!!

Great Hotel. Conveniently located near to major routes to allow easy access to Edinburgh / Glasgow / Perth. Good parking. Comfortable rooms that can be enjoyed in a very relaxed atmosphere. Bar meal was excellent value for money and a great breakfast!! All in all, a very enjoyable stay and I would certainly consider this hotel again if booking in the same area.

Excellent staff. Excellent value.
    • Double or Twin Room

Room was cold when I arrived and couldn’t easily operate the heater. Thankfully all resolved by the super staff.

Staff were lovely as was the bar/resto. Would definitely go again if opportunity arises.

Excellent hotel and great value for money
    • Double or Twin Room

Only complain is the wifi

I've stayed at the hotel a few times now and find it excellent value for money, great location, food great and friendly staff. If in the area will always use this hotel My engineers stay in this hotel also if in the area , they finds it also great value.

Would happily stay there again
    • Double or Twin Room

Only very minor detail was very low wi fi signal, I couldn't get on line. Other wise Excellent 10/10

Staff were very friendly and helpful. Great room. Great location

Everything was good, apart from the wi-fi. And that was a very small disappointment.
    • Double or Twin Room

Wi-Fi was only working in the reception. If I connected there and then went upstairs to my room the connection dropped out. This was the only fault.

I stayed for one night. The room was basic and comfortable. The staff were excellent, and the facilities were good. It was good value for money.

Old-fashioned but good value.
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel had a lovely lobby, but my room was a bit more grotty than it appeared in the photos - the bathroom was very large, tiled and quite cold in the morning, and the bathmat provided was a bit mouldy looking. Everything was very clean, however. The TV was very small for the size of the room. I'd prepaid by PayPal via booking.com and staff were a bit confused about this, asking me to pay again. Luckily still I had the receipt.

Good location and good value. Staff were very friendly. Breakfast was nice.

We were mid travel and this was a welcome break, really restful and refreshing.
    • Double or Twin Room

Welcoming, friendly staff. Really comfy bed with lovely linen and pillows. Good quality spruce up of an old building. Well maintained. Good facilities with a lovely cooked breakfast. No lift but help available if needed.

The hotel staff were very helpful as i arrived late.
    • Double or Twin Room

I had to travel early to arrive at my destination this meant I didnt have long to spend over breakfast. Would have liked to spend more time at the hotel.

The hotel staff were very helpful as i arrived late. Room was really nice and very good value. Food was good endorsed by the fact it was very busy.

PLEASANT, FRIENDLY BUT WITH A FEW ISSUES
    • Double or Twin Room

Despite my comments about the hotel taking commendable measures to ensure that I was catered for in terms of being a Blue Badge holder within the hotel, there was no dedicated disabled parking or dedicated spaces for residents. On the nights that I stayed the restaurant was busy and on each night I had to take my chances in getting a parking space near to the hotel entrance.

During the booking process I informed the hotel that I was a Blue Badge holder and they went out of their way to ensure that I was in a room with good access and kept me informed at each juncture even down to confirming if I wanted a bath with shower or just a walk in shower. Commendable customer service from that aspect of my stay. My room was large, spacious and clean and I also had an an excellent breakfast.

Would definitely recommend
    • Double or Twin Room

The service was second to none, the staff were so hopeful and friendly. The food was tasty and very reasonably priced. The bed was ridiculously comfy, we almost didn't get out of it. The hotel on the whole was clean and tidy, the ensuite bathroom was a bit shabby and in need of an update, the shower wasn't great.

Superb
    • Double or Twin Room

Super friendly staff, and locals, had the best two nights sleep this year!! And shop opposite sells the most beautiful steak pies. Would highly recommend this Hotel!!!

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

Lovely village hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room

My bed was uncomfortable, but the room was adequate for my needs.

Quiet location, close to major routes. Food was fantastic!!! Restaurants were quaint and cosy. Beautiful reception area and staircase to rooms. Staff were brilliant and friendly. Small Spar shop over the road for any bits needed. Bus route seemed quite regular too.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

Inchture Hotel and Cottage

Really did need internet connection in the cottage but hey we managed to live without it for a couple of days. Two of our party were in a room in the main hotel and they said that the fire door banging on and off while they tried to get to sleep on their first night was most annoying but subsequent nights were fairly quiet.

This was an ideal property not only for the purpose of our visit but also for our particular needs. The property was warm and comfortable - the weather less so, so it was nice to have a warm cottage to go back to. The staff at the hotel were helpful and friendly and all those in our party of 5 have said they go back in a heart beat. Thank you Booking.com and thank you Inchture Hotel. Great property in a great location for exploring Dundee and Perth and the surrounding area.

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

See you in a month's time
    • Double or Twin Room

The shop across the road had a clear view in to my room and there was not much room between the toilet and the wall in front of you.

The food in the restaurant was amazing. The room was beautifully laid out. Although I was above reception, I never heard a thing.

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

Manager rude and Unprofessional
    • Double or Twin Room

The manager was loud when on reception laughing and shouting st 7am when guests still sleeping and rude when approached to complai by far the worst customer service and hotel room I have ever stayed in will not be recommending to anyone

Usually stay there when go to see family in scotland and had no issues but this time round was absolutely shocking

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

Can't wait to come back! - Extremely Comfortable and large rooms, Staff were very friendly!
    • Double or Twin Room

I could hear a lot of banging during the night but that wasnt anyone's fault - I am a light sleeper

Lovely large comfortable rooms - Couldn't believe my luck and the price was very reasonable. The staff were very helpful and that bed was impossible to leave - Very nice!

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

Good value
    • Double or Twin Room

Cold in the conservatory when I went for breakfast!

Good value Nice food Helpful staff Quiet location. Convenient for Nine Wells hospital where I was attending a course.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

staff at reception and at breakfast were really good,...
    • Double or Twin Room

Really have to nit-pick to dislike anything in this great value for money price range. Maybe the towels could have been a bit fluffier.

staff at reception and at breakfast were really good, friendly and quick to help.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Excellent hotel, very friendly staff and spotlessly clean.
    • Double or Twin Room

Excellent hotel, very friendly staff and spotlessly clean.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Could not have asked for more
    • Double or Twin Room

Excellent room, large comfortable, very accomoding and friendly staff, definitely plan to return.

Excellent value for money, clean and friendly.
    • Double or Twin Room

Room was a little noisy as it was near the stairs/reception area.

Excellent value for money, clean and friendly.

No wifi in room 6

No wifi in room 6

Excellent food.

Excellent food. Nice room. Helpful and cheerful staff

Good

Not very clean bathroom

Good

Everything was fine, not great, but fine.

The staff

Very nice hotel in a good location
    • Double or Twin Room

The web access was unavailbel at the time of my stay

Very nice room, very comfortable. Location was excellent for business travel

It met all my expectations and was near to where I was working .
    • Double or Twin Room

My bedroom had a great huge mirror covering window which made it dark

Food was really good and reasonably priced

Great as always

No negatives at all

Great location, great value for money and great people

Excellent hotel nothing else to say

If in the area I always stay in the Inchture hotel Excellent in every way

Lovely
    • Double or Twin Room

Perfect location for accessing Dundee. Comfortable bed and warm. Great breakfast!

Good food friendly staff

Good food friendly staff

Good for the money but room although big was in need if some tlc.
    • Double or Twin Room

Accomidation. Very out of date and tired and the bed mattress really needed replacing

Staff restaurant feel and look, dinner and beverage choices

The accommodation was comfortable, and clean.
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast on the Sunday was not available until 08.30am which was when I had to leave.

The accommodation was comfortable, and clean.

Quiet location

Quiet location Friendly staff Privacy respected

Very friendly helpful staff
    • Double or Twin Room

Some noise in the evening as there was a function in a room nearby

Very friendly helpful staff

Nice place to stay

Would like bigger towels

Good location, lovely bedroom spacious, clean and comfortable. Good breakfast. Helpful friendly staff.

Comfortable and hospitable,great location for sight seeing, will go again.

Nothing at all

Location perfect for sightseeing, food good.

Excellent Hotel, well worth the money, will be back if in the area.
    • Double or Twin Room

Excellent value for money, great location, if in the area will always stay here

Good friendly hotel with a full enjoyable breakfast.
    • Double or Twin Room

Good friendly hotel with a full enjoyable breakfast.

Very helpful staff.
    • Double or Twin Room

Very helpful staff. Room was excellent.Food was great.

There is no wifi in some places.

There is no wifi in some places.

Very friendly staff and good food.
    • Double or Twin Room

Very friendly staff and good food.

Realy enjoyed stayng here. Will be back!
    • Double or Twin Room

Very friendly and helpful staff. Lovely breakfast. Comfortable bed. Bath with lots of hot water.

Staff warm and friendly accommodations rooms fantastic

Staff warm and friendly accommodations rooms fantastic

lovely place to stay, highly recommended. Value for money. Excellent service
    • Double or Twin Room

very lovely place to stay. staff was very friendly. nice and quiet place to stay over night

It was very welcoming and comfortablr
    • Double or Twin Room

Liked everything that we needed for one night

Very friendly staff willing to assist at all times. Good food

Friendly staff, very comfortable, great food and real value...
    • Double or Twin Room

Wifi could have been betters

Friendly staff, very comfortable, great food and real value for money

It was great.
    • Double or Twin Room

Stairs were a haul with heavy bags

Food was exceptional

Lovely little hotel, very friendly staff and great value.
    • Double or Twin Room

Lovely little hotel, very friendly staff and great value.

Cant beat the value for money

Nothing really.

Brilliant value for money, food is always to a high standard.

Great value
    • Double or Twin Room

Would have been nice to have had complimentary water in room

Good size bedroom and sofa to sit on while watching tv

Stay here. It's great.
    • Double or Twin Room

Nothing unless it was free!

The bed was super comfy and the staff couldn't be nicer. Food was lovely.

I stayed in four different places, four consecutive nights in Scotland and this was best!
    • Double or Twin Room

Large room, in a nice area, would return here!

The evening meal was really good!
    • Double or Twin Room

The evening meal was really good!very nice meal

Good for a short stay.
    • Double or Twin Room

Could not connect to wi fi in my room.

Very clean, comfy and plenty shampoo, coffee, milk etc. in the room.

Not ideal for a business trip
    • Double or Twin Room

Noise! Way too many children running around unsupervised for most of the evening - thought I'd booked into a kindergarden

Fantastic
    • Double or Twin Room

Everything was excellent from the moment we arrive staff and locals made us very welcome

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

nice hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

The wifi was not that good

The breakfast was lovely.

Location, service, the people.
    • Double or Twin Room

Location, service, the people. I cannot recommend this hotel enough, please stay there !!!