Reviews of Beambridge Inn

A38, Wellington, TA21 0HB, United Kingdom

#4 of 8 hotels in Wellington

There was a function and noisy guests from that remained outside in the outdoor seating area, which both rooms for our group overlooked until after 1am and we were unable to sleep. Don't think they were staying so perhaps it would be helpful if someone made sure function guests vacated the premises once the function has ended.

Comfortable rooms with good facilities and a lovely meal in the pub.Good choices at breakfast and well cooked. Helpful friendly staff. Ample car parking.

I thought the menu could have been better

easy to park and book in. the room was warm with the heating on all night. Good wifi reception all over the hotel. breakfast was first class.

Had booked a double room but when got there they only had a twin. So had separate beds which wasn't ideal for a romantic night away. But they did give a £6 discount!! (Was hardly worth it)

Wonderful staff who couldn't do enough. Five star staff!! Pillows and mattresses were super comfy. Breakfast was of a very high quality and great tasting.

Given the great value for money, none of the things I could think of justify being written here.

Very friendly welcome made me feel right at home. Spotlessly clean and tidy. Good range of food on the menu. I had a steak which was cooked just the way I asked and the meal was reasonably priced. Room had everything I wanted and the double glazing filtered out the noise from the nearby A38.

i could not fault the Inn

parking and booking in were easy. there is a limited menu with some items out of stock. Breakfast was freshly cooked and good quality. The room was warm and fine not issues about this establishment. i wil return

Located near railway line which might bother some people but wasn't an issue for me

Staff excellent and were very accomodating when I told them I had leave at 5,00 am the next morning

Top of table in room had marks from previous user. There is some traffic noise (not loud). Would definitely stay again.

Great Stay. Friendly Staff. Clean ensuite room, recently decorated. Good evening menu and great breakfast menu too.

The hotel is quite old and in need of an overhaul. It was quite run down. The shower in room 6 was no good, very poor water pressure. Rather than eat in the hotel i visited a lovely indian restaurant across the road.

Katie on reception and in the bar was very nice and helpful and the older gentleman who served my breakfast and checked me out was very friendly and charming.

• Executive Double Room

The bed has a old mattress and we were in room 6 where the train line runs right outside the window just yards from our room.so even with the windows closed u hear the trains running day and night! We bought ear plugs. The beam bridge is a tired looking inn. There is a old smell about the place when u come in fir breakfast. The place needs a lick of pain the tables and chairs are old and mixed in chairs and old. Wellington is the nearest small town. Few miles away. Not a place we would go back to.

Large car park. Breakfast.

Dated and tired pub. Had a room overlooking front (road noise) and the fans from the kitchen (smelly). Bed was small and uncomfortable; other facilities were worn and dated and need complete refurbishment. This is not an acceptable standard for a country inn. The food at breakfast was fine; the dinner was just adequate

The room was somewhat noisy in the morning due to traffic on nearby A38, but I knew about this before we went.

The room was a reasonable size, the beds very comfortable and there was a real bath, not just a shower. We also liked the fact that there was a restaurant and bar downstairs. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly.

The food was a little below par ,we hadvto send a dish back as it was of poor quality.luckily I noticed it hadn't been taken off the bill on checking out :-(

The hotel side was very nice,very welcoming lady,nice clean comfortable room :-)

Room could have been cleaner. Bits on carpet, washed in marks on sheet, round the plug of sink needed good clean and bleach. Hot water was much too hot in sink and shower. Poor quality towels.

Food was on the whole ok. Lots of choice for breakfast.

Initially we found it difficult to locate being described as in Wellington when in fact it was way out of Wellington.

It was a great local inn ideally located for our purposes with really friendly staff, a clean quiet room and good breakfasts and dinners

Bathroom could have had a shelf somewhere to put washbags. A 60th birthday party was under way when we arrived with uncontrolled children running in and out of the restaurant making a lot of noise and disturbing our meal, but they all went home by 9 pm so not really an issue - just an irritation.

Our second stay at Beambridge which says it all as our preferred hotel to stay in when down in the West Country.

Hotel was adjacent to fairly busy road and was about over a mile from the town

The room was comfortable and staff were very pleasant. Breakfast was good and we also had an evening meal which was also very good.

Good value for money, food good, staff helpful. The hotel is clean but some areas like the car park area could do with a tidy, our bathroom window could have done with a lick of paint. Just being picky things.

We arrived too late. 2250 and the bar should have been open till 2300 but we couldnt get 1 drink, that was a pity because we were lost by car and too late and we wanted just 1 drink

nice cheap and well maintained property only thing is very close to a railway (noise)

Toilet was dirty but as soon as I told the owner it was done imediately, spotless.

Lovely rooms, great breakfast, staff are very friendly and approachable, all worked together to provide a great service. Love trains so watching them go past our window was a bonus for me!

I would have liked an earlier breakfast start time but I think I would be in the minority and I did not ask for special arrangements so it's not fair to count this as a negative and it was the only thing I would have wanted to be different.

Clean excellent comfortable bed. food was good and staff were polite, pleasant and very helpful.

• Executive Double Room

No plug beside dressing table to dry your hair,this was the only fault.

Loved the location as it was in the country side,great bedroom and plenty of choice for breakfast.Would certainly stay here again and definitely recommend this hotel.

The location was ideal for me, but it's a rural property and isn't situated within a village/town. Although life is only short drive away, together with the M5.

Wi-Fi connection was strong considering the location. Staff were welcoming and accommodating. Food was excellent offering daily carvery and menu food. The breakfast included in the price catered for every dietary need and was freshly prepared to order. Would definitely return here again when I'm in the area.

there was nothing we didn't like. It was an old fashioned country pub with pub type food, no frills, but comfortable, clean etc,

Location suited our needs. We were easily able to have meals on site. It is what it is, an Inn, a place for people to come and enjoy, to relax, have a drink, meal etc.

The main road outside was surprisingly audible (just with fast cars and not in the middle of the night). It would have been fine if the window was closed as it was double-glazed but it was too hot to do that when we stayed. Also, our room was above the outside courtyard bar. It was quiet at night when we were there - empty after about 10 I think - but wouldn't have liked to have been there if there'd been any kind of celebration. It might be worth checking with them. I suspect the rooms at the back of the building, away from the road would have been quieter. Can't complain for the price, though.

Handy as a stop-over to the south-west. Comfortable bed, clean bathroom. Nice bar area and pub restaurant. Decent, reasonably priced, pub food. Great to have on-site parking.

Unfortunately, we slept about 3 hours as the bed was awful. The springs gone and were very noisy every time we moved and the bed was very lumpy. We were in room 6 which has all the refrigerator motors outside of the window. they kept us awake most of the night along with the bumpy bed. We could put up with the trains going past every hour as this is unavoidable. Spend some money on a quality bed and it would of been perfect.

The staff were lovely, food excellent, cleanliness really good

Had to travel on my own at the last minute as my husband did not feel well. Feel that a discount could have been given for only having one breakfast when we had paid for two.

Friendly staff

It was a very hot day and the window had not been opened in the room. We asked for a fan but none could be supplied. The room did not cool down at all perhaps due to the being sited above the restaurant. We had to remove the quilts from the cover and use it as a sheet but still had an uncomfortable night due to the heat.

The lady who checked us in was friendly and helpful. She offered us fresh milk as an alternative to the uht. We enjoyed an evening meal at a reasonable price. Despite being full, the hotel was quiet at night.

Very little not to like very good all in all

This is a well run comfy pub with rooms large car park easy to find lovely staff and management great food lovely room beer choice a wee bit limited for me but thats prob just me cos didnt hear anyone else moaning very very good value for money cant wait to stay there again Thank you all Robbie Doe

Other half found the bed a little soft, not good for his back!

Staff extremely friendly and welcoming. Prompt couteous service, large clean room. Evening meal and breakfast superb.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Only downside to room,we couldn't have window open as the fans were outside the window,

Very nicely decorated, the staff were very friendly, the room was very nice with a bath .

Broadband not very good.

The beds were comfy and clean and the bathroom was nice. Also the Beambridge has a good restaurant and bar. I will come again.

• Executive Double Room

The room could have been prepped a bit better, but small deficiencies brought to their attention were dealt with immediately, and with a smile.

Executive room (#3) large, bright and comfortable. Good value food and excellent ale selection in the bar. Breakfast also very good. Very friendly and obliging staff.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

WiFi intermittent. We were told it was working and it did in the evening but not in the morning on any of three tablets/phones.

Cosy country pub with its own bar and restaurant.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

offered menu list was not available evening male servant was inexperience and could only mumble "I don't know" female servant considered phone conversation more important then us morning servant was rude and only had breakfast starting 7:30, while checkout starts at 7. He offered brown or white toast, we chose brown. He served white. Sausage was made of dough and very dry (microwave heating without cover)

bedsheets were clean

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

We didn't book a breakfast deal and felt the breakfast menu a little pricey, although delicious, especially the egg & salmon muffin and the eggs florentine.

Location was excellent, facilities were very good and Craig (the Landlord) was superbly attentive and friendly. Food was outstandingly good and we will definitely stay there again when next in the area.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

Location ideal, ample parking, great selection for breakfast, friendly staff, evening meal portions large, and the pork scratchings were fab. Ample tea/coffee/milk/sugar. Soft beds. I slept really well.

There was an unpleasant smell on entering the room & when I went into the bathroom the waste bin had not been emptied & had some soiled nappies in it. When I informed the staff they immediately offered me another room ,but I wanted to remain where I was, and just requested they empty it which was promptly done.

staff were friendly and efficient, we had an evening meal at the hotel and it was served promptly , was good quality and well priced , the room was large and comfortable with lovely beds. We didn't look around the locality as were were only there as a quick stop off to Plymouth, but we would like to return at some point and have an explore around the locale

The seats in the restaurant are all filthy Breakfast was included but there were prices on the menus so it was unclear whether cooked was included or not and I felt uncomfortable about asking

Great location Room very clean Staff great

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Very loud pipe noise heard throughout the night til 4 am... was sporadic but meant not much sleep was had!

Breakfast was amazing.. staff very attentive and friendly

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

The bed was lovely very comfy, after a busy day Christmas shopping I was looking forward to a lovely hot bath and the water was very hot and filled the bath twice at the same temperature. The food was was lovely very good quality and portion sizes

• Reviewed: 12 November 2016

No blackout curtains and for me not a great nights sleep as mattress uncomfortable, not a Hypnos bed.

Polite and courteous staff, good food selection and good portion sizes. The room had a large tv, comfortable pillows, a good number of tea bags and sachets of coffee, also a flask with fresh milk provided when asked at check in. In essence pretty much all I needed.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

Food was only average and the proximity to train line was a surprise..... also the lack of a hairdryer in the room was inconvenient.

The room was large and we'll appointed and the welcome warm and friendly.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

10 mins max off the M5. Stayed in Twin room for me + my 11 yr old son, room and en-suite were generously sized and my son said the beds are really comfy.

Our room was at the back , so a lot of noise from trains.

The food, breakfast and restaurant meals very nice. Comfortable atmosphere with approachable friendly staff

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

Grouting around bath could do with renewing but not a major problem.

Very warm welcome from Michael who was behind the bar showed us to rooms, excellent representative for the owners. The room was quite large with very good facilities plenty of hot water, huge TV. . Evening meal excellent good choice of beers. Would deffo recommend and stay there again. Staff very obliging, plenty of parking excellent breakfast.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

• Executive Double Room

The staff were friendly and wanted to help and the food was simply perfect. Their chef had a varied and delicious menu, everything including the breakfast porridge was freshly cooked.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

Easily accessed, with good parking. Warm welcome and excellent facilities; a very comfortable night followed by great choice of breakfast. No complaints at all. would definitely use again.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

• Executive Double Room

Not exactly a dislike but there was no mention anywhere of the railway line close to the rear of the building, which our room overlooked. However the double glazing was extremely effective and train noise was no problem as long as the window was closed.It would not prevent us from staying there again, but might concern some.

Very welcoming friendly staff, spacious clean room, huge tv screen, tea and coffee with kettle in the room, comfortable beds, thoughtful touch of an anniversary card on our pillow - full marks! Good looking carvery lunch at weekends, and a comprehensive menu for convenient dining when there were no other options close by. Excellent breakfast included in our room rate, well done and thank you for our enjoyable stay.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

The bathroom extractor was very noisy and went on far too long. Toilet needed a plumber to sort it out.

Beds were very comfy. Overall good value for money. Food was good

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

There is no real lounge or bar area as such. It is mainly laid out as restaurant. The night we were there it wasn't busy when we were there so we did get a seat near the bar after we finished our meal.

Lovely country Inn just outside of Wellington. Pub menu was good and facilities within the rooms excellent. Good power in the shower and fluffy soft towels. Staff were helpful with a special mention for the breakfast waitress.

Lovely place, very friendly and accommodating staff. We arrived late and were greeted in a very efficient manner. Lovely room too very comportable

• Reviewed: 12 September 2016

The cooked breakfast was OK but nothing special (although this does seem to be more and more the norm everywhere these days).

Comfortable, clean room. Front facing room was not too noisy from traffic although there was live music on below but that finished playing whilst we were still in the bar anyway! Friendly staff. Reasonably easy to get to from the M5 motorway, not so easy if you use public transport although I think a bus route from Taunton does pass by here.

• Reviewed: 11 September 2016

Excellent dinner; meals were very good and hot. Brilliant breakfast with a very good choice selection.Staff were very helful,friendly and professional.Room clean and spacious.Bonus, we even had entertainment on the night: a band. Recommend that hotel.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

No negatives, yes it's in between a road and the railway but it did not affect our stay.

From arrival to departure our stay was great! Staff were really friendly and helpful, we were shown to our room by Rochelle and she was extremely helpful - thank you Rochelle!! The carvery we had was delicious and without fault. We would also recommend the Chilean Sauvignon Blanc! We had a fantastic breakfast the following morning with first class service. We would definitely stay again.

• Reviewed: 13 August 2016

No hotel front door key given to guests. Fortunately, after resigning ourselves to sleeping in the car, we found a member of staff in the annex who was able to let us in.

The food was especially lovely! Staff were smiley and helpful. Our stay was excellent. Except for being locked out at 11,30pm upon returning to your hotel. After previously being reassured by a member of staff that the back door would remain open! Which it wasn't!

• Reviewed: 12 August 2016

• Executive Double Room

Lovely accommodation...spacious, cozy and clean. Staff were really friendly and helpful!perfect for our stopover on the way to Cornwall from Leicester. Would visit again 100 percent!

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

West Coast mainline on the doorstep so if you're a light sleeper, then worth considering booking a room on opposite side of building..

Excellent service,warm, friendly and really great food. Wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Reviewed: 6 August 2016

Unfortunately, when we opened the flask in the morning the milk had gone off, and was no longer cold, possibly due to a faulty flask. Took a while to find someone to replace it.

As was leaving early they kindly offered us milk in a flask and cereals to take to our room for the morning. Comfy bed, clean room, friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

Nothing appalling standard

The most awful mattress for a bed I have experienced the sub standard of bed clothes appalling. Breakfast appalling all it offered was cooked fried breakfast. No healthy options. noise from road traffic of a night terrible. Overall terrible waste of money

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

Check in was very unorganised - quite unhelpful with local knowledge.Room nice and clean - only two plug sockets , only one light working- Bathroom grimy and needed a deep clean

The breakfast and breakfast waitress was excellent on Saturday 30th July

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

Location was a little remote, with few opportunities for an evening stroll. Access to bedrooms via very steep stairs with an awkward door at the top.

Clean,very comfortable rooms and helpful staff. Excellent breakfast menu.

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

I could see it could be difficult if you had an elderly couple getting up the stairs plus the outside steps if you had a wheelchair

the breakfast was plenty and the service was quick, plenty of tea and coffee in our room with biscuits

• Reviewed: 17 July 2016

shame we couldnt stay longer

room was lovely, the bed was much more comfier than at home, clean and tidy, food excellent and the staff was very friendly and welcoming

• Reviewed: 3 July 2016

The staff were excellent. I was held up on my journey down, a lady phoned me to arrange a way in. The room was large, with a comfy bed. Breakfast was excellent served by the very helpful happy lady who had phoned the night before. Extent service and good value for money. Will stay again.

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

Unfortunately, their Menu did not quite link in with the needs of the partipants, even though clearly it was very popular with the locals, otherwise we would have loved to have eaten there, and it was clearly very popular indeed with the "locals". Would suggest that around Iron Man times they look at specials on the Menu that are fish/chicken/pasta , and that they have a printed "map" with sat nav directions to get people to the "lake". However, they were absolutely brilliant in meeting our needs., ,

We were there for the Iron Man. We required reasonably priced but flexible accommodation to reflect the need for an early night, early morning, and good to suit, and they MASSIVELY" went out of their way to meet that requirement. Whilst we opted for inclusive breakfast, when timelines made this impossible, they 100% went out of their way to provide us with "packed sandwiches" to keep us going post the event. Absolutely amazing and supportive.

• Reviewed: 27 June 2016

Only the rain! Everything else was great.

Great comfy bed, very clean room, very good breakfast and nice friendly staff. Only an overnight stay but would certainly return if in the area again.

• Reviewed: 27 June 2016

Extremely disappointed with the evening meal at this pub, we ordered two sirloin steaks, which were not sirloin but rump steaks (I am a farmer and know my steaks well), when I questioned the steaks and weight of the steaks, I was told they were 10oz sirloins (absolute rubbish). Soggy onion ring, awful chips and a big wedge of iceburg lettuce in a bowl, terrible. Oh and a fly in my daughter's mushroom sauce!!! On the good side, the breakfast was nice .

The general experience was very good and excellent value for money.

Located in room 8 , kitchen air vent system quite loud.

loos didnt flush well

comfortable rooms and all very clean exept loos ?plumbing issue

Homely

Just a good value for money pub with rooms.

The owner is a trained chef, breakfasts were excellent.

Nothing everything was as expected.

The bedroom was lovely, food was excellent.

Ambiance