2. UK hotel reviews
  3. Greater Manchester hotel reviews
  4. Manchester hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Innkeeper's Lodge Stockport, Heaton Chapel

Reviews of Innkeeper's Lodge Stockport, Heaton Chapel This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Miller and Carter Heaton Chapel, 271 Wellington Road North, Manchester, SK4 5BP, United Kingdom

#60 of 99 hotels in Manchester

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: December 11, 2018

The manageress went out of her way for us the staff were exceptional. Simone Denise the bar staff. All super friendly and helpful Will.look forward to staying there again.

• Reviewed: December 10, 2018

Only one night's stay no reflection on the hotel but stopover for a.m. from airport.

Lack of lifts troublesome but Kiarnu took the initiative a gave me the handicapped room which exceeded expecations

Yes the croissants were extra flaky and the bed extra comfortable with light bedding in a little-too-warm room. The staff were superb especially Kiarnu, and Ryan in the breakfast room. Family has stayed before and recommended it to me. Close enough to train, airport and town to suit all requirements.

• Reviewed: December 9, 2018

Warm, comfortable and welcoming

It's so hidden from the main touristic attractions that you would not expect such warmth and activities in this inn. Very warm and friendly, busy enough to be enjoyable but empty enough to feel very comfortable. Very pleasant surprise. With an amazing steak house on the ground floor.

• Reviewed: December 8, 2018

Good location Easy parking Nice food Spot On

Room was a bit cool had central heating radiator but not enough to keep it comfortable but electric oil heater in room as well soon warmed it up.

Yes the croissants were warm and flaky with decent coffee for continental breakfast included in price and quick check out. And the added bonus of the Miller and Carter restaurant, good food and reasonable choice Better than travel Lodge same price

so VERY noisy!
    • Double Room - Disability Access

First of all, location wasn’t brilliant as it previously stated, as we were a 20-minute walk away from the nearest train station. This is perhaps partly our fault for not checking before-hand, but be aware this is not ideal if you are away to travel and explore a new city! When we arrived, there were no signs outside of the restaurant for the lodge, but a back door by the car park which you could only access with a room key - which we didn’t have yet! Therefore we had to walk through a packed restaurant on a Saturday night, with all our bags and suitcases to check-in, which was actually done at the till where everyone else was paying for their meal.. what!? not ideal. For a pretty oversized room, there were only a total of 2 plugs on the walls - one which had the TV and the other the heater. Therefore, to charger phones and etc., we couldn’t have the heating on. Which meant the room was absolutely freezing, all the time! Barely any choice of variety for a “continental free breakfast” that they advertise. But certainly the worst.. was the noise! We were given the only downstairs room, which was right next to back entrance to the restaurant and the toilets of the restaurant. We knew immediately it wasn’t going to be very quiet, and we didn’t really mind! But it wasn’t just noise from customers in the restaurant, the walls were paper thin - so we could hear everybody walking and sitting down in their rooms upstairs, to cars and doors constantly slamming. Hoovering, banging on the walls.. This noise started at about 6AM, and wouldn’t stop until around 2AM.. Save to say, we had absolutely 0 rest for 3 nights!!!

Having never stayed at an Inn Keeper’s Lodge before, I was surprisingly pleased when we walked into an enormous sized room and a lovely bathroom! King-sized bed was lovely and super comfortable to sleep in. We had plenty of refreshments and toiletries available on arrival in our room, lots of milk and toilet roll unlike other hotels! Given even more the next morning, with fresh towels and bedding.

• Reviewed: December 7, 2018

Breakfast was the saviour otherwise a poor rating was going to be my standard review

Complained about my food and nobody bothered to come and see why. The room was pokey for a single room ,bathroom was great ,bed was behind the door in. £7.70 for a glass of nothing special wine was to me over the top

The breakfst service and the Lady that looked after me at breakfast exceeded my expectations and stopped me rating this really poor

• Reviewed: December 7, 2018

Great, better than anywhere local

I would struggle to stay for a week, there are only a certain number of great steaks I can cope with. There were alternatives but it is really hard to pick a salad when the next table is eating half a cow.

Simple en-suite rooms provisioned with good linen and the usual basics to make tea and coffee etc. On the ground floor is a great steak restaurant with a really friendly team. There is ample parking or just a short taxi from Stockport Rail. Great connectivity by local train, bus etc to Central Manchester. Pricing is very cheap for the quality

• Reviewed: December 3, 2018

Great value, clean, very good food. Helpful and polite staff on an overall basis

Breakfast was a little disorganised, and the young man serving seemed a little vacant, and had to be prompted to order alternatives to continental breakfast. However, the various breakfasts we ordered were very good

• Reviewed: November 30, 2018

The location was perfect for work.

The heating system was very loud and kept me awake most of the night. Apparently they are aware of the problem and will get engineers in!

The location was perfect for work. The restaurant was great.

• Reviewed: November 27, 2018

I was very pleased with my stay.
    • Double or Twin Room

The water temperature in the shower was not consistent, it got too hot!

The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable, I will stay here again. Also had dinner in the restaurant which was excellent.

• Reviewed: November 26, 2018

Great place ideal location for the city
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel was lovely.. staff very warm and welcoming. Easy to check in. Room very comfortable and clean. Great location to get in to town. 20 minutes on the bus. Get a day rider £4.50, cheaper than a cab.. bus 192 takes you straight into the city. Returning jump on the bus at stop EP ( Paton Street) as you walk towards Piccadilly station.. 24 stops and your back Heaton Moor Road stop D. Easy. The food in the restaurant was delish. Highly recommended. Breakfast was a continental which for us was ample.. Cooked breaky available but at extra charge.. Would defiantly stay again. Great value for money.

• Reviewed: November 23, 2018

Lovely

The only thing was when me and my partner returned from Manchester I asked what time the bar was open till and he said 12 so we thought we would be able to get another drink after to only to get told that it shut at 11 instead of 12 so we was a little disappointed

Great stay and quick and easy to get into Manchester from the hotel so that was good

• Reviewed: November 23, 2018

Excellent besides being kept awake

Complained to the Duty manager because we were kept awake most of the first night with couple in the next room arguing and slamming doors. Did not really get an explanation after they said they would sort out as apparently there was nobody booked into that room but no answer given.

Excellent food in the restaurant, and reasonably priced. Good sized room which was well equipped. Comfortable bed

• Reviewed: November 22, 2018

The first night there was no heating in the bedrooms.

The first night there was no heating in the bedrooms. The management knew this but didnt say anything, they just waited to see if I'd complain. A heater was meant to have been put in my room but didnt materialise. Therefore I had to sleep in an unheated room, I asked the manager for a reduction and he said it would be dealt with in the morning. There were no staff visible in the morning..... disgraceful! The management had continued to sell the rooms unheated until I made such a fuss the decision was taken around 9pm to stop selling the rooms.

• Reviewed: November 21, 2018

Overall enjoyable and would return

Bit of a long wait for my evening meal, esp as I was dining alone! Room was chilly, radiator not working!

Continental breakfast a bit limited tho the pastries were excellent.

• Reviewed: November 20, 2018

Difficult. Aged 75, this is the first review I have ever done.
    • Double or Twin Room

We were in Room 211 on the second floor which should not be booked in its present condition. The is no lift. The stairs from the first to the second were too steep for a 75 and a 73 year old carrying luggage. They are vertiginous. I had to descend in front of my wife. There was no heating in our room. My request for extra blankets for the beds could not be met. This was partially remedied by a small portable radiator provided after my complaint, which just took the edge off the cold after leaving it on alnight. The tap water never rose above tepid, just warm enough to shower. I had to boil a kettle to shave. The toilet door does not close. There is no toilet brush so we had to flush up to three times to clear the toilet. We believe the problems of this room were known to some members of staff none of whom wore name badges with job titles. This room (211) should not be booked to anyone at this stage.

The hotel was quiet and the breakfast was well cooked but a bit pricey at £7.50 per head. Continental included.

• Reviewed: November 16, 2018

Enjoyable have stayed there before and on all occasions have been good.

We had two rooms and both needed smarting up, eg, disabled room bathroom for instance. Having said this you could see work was on going and I,m sure this things will be addressed. Rooms do not feel clean if they are tired looking and drab.

Staff very friendly and helpful. Service at check in/out quick and efficient. Breakfast good and plentiful.

• Reviewed: November 16, 2018

Continental breakfast fine;

Cold - had to move wardrobe from in front of radiator which was completely blocked off. I must have been directly under the water tank which was very noisy.

Continental breakfast fine; very helpful lady serving. Close to bus stop.

• Reviewed: November 14, 2018

Great staff, very helpful in showing us ways to get into and...

Nothing, . . .

Great staff, very helpful in showing us ways to get into and out of Manchester for a gig that night. Very clean and great value for money

• Reviewed: November 9, 2018

All in all I would recommend this inn as a perfect place to stay, I'll be going back again soon.

I couldn't really find fault or anything I didn't like during our stay. The only thing we didn't realise was to go into the bar area to book in when we arrived & not at the door marked check in.

Clean spacious room, helpful friendly staff, a complimentary breakfast was included in the price & even though we hadn't booked for an evening meal in the restaurant, they managed to find a table for us before it was needed for another booking.

• Reviewed: November 3, 2018

Had a great time. Will come again. Recommend Hat Museum Tour.

Tiles in shower had a lot of black mould round bottom ones , all clean but didn’t look very nice. Left hand portion of double glazing unit had a broken catch so it wouldn’t stay closed and consequently there was more traffic noise than there would have been normally. These are NOT complaints but purely observations for the hotels staff reference. There was room in the bay window for a chair or small sofa (as in other innkeepers) and it would have been a great added extra.

Room was good size,complimentary cosmetics and hospitality tray just spot on. breakfast was amazing and restaurant choice was superb . Service at both breakfast and evening meal excellent. We had the . Lunchtime’ deal which was amazing value for such good quality. Location spot on. We didn’t need the car, just hopped on a bus outside. Very frequent in both directions. Staff very friendly ,helpful and knowledgeable about places to see and how to get there, even to prices of bus journeys.

• Reviewed: October 29, 2018

We paid for a cooked breakfast which was very reasonable and...

Nothing... A great experience was had by all!!

We paid for a cooked breakfast which was very reasonable and fantastic!!.. They make great cocktails too!!.. It's incredibly convenient that there's a bar downstairs!!

• Reviewed: October 28, 2018

Stopped here before always found the staff helpful. Great value. Probably stay again.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The bathroom was looking a bit tired and the air vent wasn’t working so very damp. Not all of the toiletries had been replaced, used ones left instead. Continental breakfast was a bit skimpy.

Spacious room with comfortable beds.

• Reviewed: October 26, 2018

Good atmosphere with friendly staff.
    • Double Room - Disability Access

Bathroom need some modernisation.

There's a good choice of food with the free continental breakfast but can also choose a variety of cooked breakfasts reasonably priced.

• Reviewed: October 10, 2018

Never Again

We will never stay here again or eat at this restaurant. We only stayed the night because we had a table booked for my son’s 21st birthday and we live 40 miles away but it was nearer for the family to get to. When we arrived the room looked ok. A bit dated but had everything you needed. What we didn’t notice because we were in a rush to get ready and go down to the restaurant was a horrible brown stain on the carpet next to the bed. I hope it was chocolate? I didn’t see this until the morning. Before I got into bed I noticed dirty marks on the sheets which were off putting but after the awful night we had in the restaurant I just couldn’t be bothered with the staff there as they clearly couldn’t be bothered. They couldn’t even mount a mirror in the bathroom right and the shower had black mould all around it. We also noticed the pat tests on the electrical items were years out of date. 2014 was when they were last tested according to the pat test stickers? The continental breakfast was a joke. We have stayed in cheaper hotels aboard and had better. There were cereals, a few slices of bread and some fruit. That was it. We decided to order and pay for a cooked breakfast and was told we would have to wait 40 minutes? The place had a few other people in there so why it was going to take this long I don’t know? When my partner’s breakfast arrived we were told that she had only made 1 poached egg for me and was making another one so I had to wait even longer. When it did arrive one of the eggs was cold. And they were under cooked. I t was a joke. When we checked out there were 3 members of staff sat in the bar area talking and clearly couldn’t be bothered asking if everything was ok? We have put a complaint in 3 weeks ago but haven’t heard back from them. After visiting many Miller and Carter restaurants in different areas this place is well below the standard. (Continues in the liked bit as i run out of space in here)

The staff on arrival in the main bar were helpful but that was it. If you are thinking of having a special meal here for a 21st please make sure they take I.D with them. They have a challenge 21 rule which is not advertised anywhere? When I booked a table here I told them it was for my sons 21st. I received several emails from them and texts but at no point did they say anything about the rule 21. When we ordered drinks it was only them my son was asked for I.D which he didn’t have. What he did have on his phone was a copy of his passport clearly showing his face and his date of birth plus he had his bank cards but they would not accept this. It ruined the night as we planned to buy several bottles of fizz but what was the point if he couldn’t have a drink? I wouldn’t mind but they had his birthday cake in the kitchen, they decorated a plate with his name on and put 21 on it and even sang happy birthday to him which I felt was a total joke. If we hadn’t of been staying the night and had not of already had a drink we would have left and gone elsewhere. They haven’t bothered answering our complaint so why would you bother going here again. They couldn’t even cook a steak to order. The service was awful and we felt like they were ignoring us. 20 minutes to take our food order and the waiter we had looked more like a door bouncer who spent the night watching our table, no doubt to make sure my 21 year son didn’t have a drink. The law states a 16/17 year old can have a glass of wine when with their parents and when ordering a meal? He was 21 and with his parents but still they said no even when we pointed this out. I was in tears at the end of the night because of them.

• Reviewed: October 10, 2018

good location, not so good rooms

small uncomfortable bed. Took nearly 30 mins to check in - computer issues. Drunk people coming home at 2:00am shouting and slamming doors.

convenient for public transport, despite Northern Rail strike at Heaton Chapel meaning it was unavailable on the Saturday.

• Reviewed: October 9, 2018

Quick Overnight Okay Stopover before early start.

Location was close enough to Manchester Airport.No Breakfast Taken although -'complimentary' Continental Breakfast is given as part of package,but we left too early to catch flight to take advantage of this.Consider this as room only for early morning flights may be better elsewhere if you are expecting Breakfast.Had tea and Coffee in room which was enough for first thing.Note no lift to 1st Floor so lifting cases etc up is tight okay for us only had small overnight bag up to room.

• Reviewed: October 4, 2018

Ideal for what I needed. Restaurant itself was excellent.

The room was fine. The shower was particularly excellent! But the extractor fan didn't work so the room became quite steamy.

The continental breakfast was excellent. Ideal for what I needed.

• Reviewed: October 4, 2018

Disturbed sleep due to connecting door - otherwise good.

Some rooms on second (top) floor have very unsealed connecting doors to adjacent room. It was not nice hearing music and "partying" at 3am when trying to sleep. Older guests would also find the steep narrow stairs difficult.

Generally very comfortable and nice complimentary continental breakfast. Plenty of free car parking space.

• Reviewed: September 30, 2018

Excellent choice for our planned itinerary.

Can't fault a thing.

Lovely staff. Big rooms. Our room was serviced every day. Cooked breakfast very nice. Included continental breakfast choices were good too. We ate at the attached Miller & Carter restaurant on our first night food and service was again very good. Hotel close enough to walk into Stockport town centre (about 30 mins walk) where we visited The Hat Museum and The Air Raid Shelters both well worth the effort to see, very interesting. The train station is just a five minute walk away so was very convenient for short journey into the centre of Manchester. Bus stop close to hotel too. Other local eateries and shops nearby.

• Reviewed: September 30, 2018

Exceeded expectations despite check-in

We were runnng late for check-in, past 11pm due to traffic and I couldn’t get through (for 3 hours) to the accommodation to let them know and make arrangements for late check in. Luckily staff were still around when we arrived but it would have been a leas stressful journey had they returned my call. The twin room was not ‘twin’ and the beds still joined to make a king size but due to very late check-in, I didn’t ask for another room.

Staff were friendly, room clean and well appointed

• Reviewed: September 29, 2018

Very enjoyable will stay again.
    • Double or Twin Room

Bed was comfortable but slightly hard for me, am used to a softer bed.

The room was large and comfortable, good shower. Breakfast enjoyable. Staff were very attentive and friendly. Have booked return stay.

• Reviewed: September 29, 2018

The staff were very pleasant, helpful and friendly.

Our rooms were on the uppermost floor which we found hard work with bags etc. However a lovely lady a member of staff, explained that when we book again, just ask for a lower floor room, and if a room is available it could be allocated for us.

The rooms spotless and clean, beautiful white towels, and bed very comfortable.

• Reviewed: September 27, 2018

Met our requirements for two night stay.

Wardrobe too close to bed to get around it. Radiator was full of air, so could be an issue in winter - reported to staff. Stairs to 2nd floor are steep. I arrived fully loaded with bags, but no help offered by tall, very able guy who checked me in.

Good room, good bed. Room facilities great. Breakfast was also very good. Did not try the restaurant for evening meals.

• Reviewed: September 27, 2018

The Innkeepers Lodges are a preference for us but there are not enough in the UK.

We didn’t like the restaurant as we prefer vegetarian food. We would feel uncomfortable dining there.

Quiet, spacious, well lit room, with all we needed for the night. High quality furnishings and linen, super clean and pleasant. Domestic staff extremely pleasant. This review is for the accommodation only. Breakfast was nice but the staff member worked alone and we feel there should have been more help. We would return.

• Reviewed: September 26, 2018

The 24 hour hotel access which was good after a lary night...

The fobbing in to get up the stairs to your rooms the misses ended up letting me back in when I stayed down at breakfast.

The 24 hour hotel access which was good after a lary night out in Manchester

• Reviewed: September 26, 2018

The check out time is later than most hotels so there was no...

The check out time is later than most hotels so there was no rush in the morning. The room was spacious and was very clean. The bed was comfy and the facilities were very good, including a wide selection of hot drinks.

• Reviewed: September 24, 2018

Innkeeper’s Lodge is conveniently located for city or airport.

Staircase leading to rooms on 1st and 2nd floors

Location was good for access into Manchester and Stockport. Free parking was a draw. Bed was comfortable

• Reviewed: September 24, 2018

The staff were lovely, made you feel welcome and not like...

I don't have any negatives!

The staff were lovely, made you feel welcome and not like strangers. the place was clean and great value for money. Nice bar and restaurant. Helpful staff, not far from Manchester in a taxi either. Would highly recommend!

• Reviewed: September 21, 2018

Comfortable and convenient for an overnight stay.

We were on the second floor, and the stairs were very steep. The day porter helped us up with our luggage which was very helpful, but bringing it back down in the morning was difficult, maybe the night porter could have been informed that we needed help?

The bed was very comfortable, we had a good rest before getting up early to go to Manchester Airport. It was convenient for the motorway in the morning.

• Reviewed: September 20, 2018

comfortable but drab and dated

Whole hotel needs more than a coat of dull paint and new lightshade to update it everything is very faded such a shame when the restaurant is so good

• Reviewed: September 17, 2018

A great place to stay

A great hotel with excellent staff. Booking was easy and the price was great value. I didn't expect breakfast but we had a free continental breakfast included which was welcome. The food in the steakhouse was also very tasty and the service was, again, excellent. The hotel is very close to Heaton Chapel station, so you can easily get into Manchester if you need to. Taxi services are well connected to the hotel so they are there ready and waiting in minutes. The stairs are quite steep and the rooms are all on first or second floor. If you have mobility problems or struggle with stairs, let the staff know, they may be able to help or advise.

• Reviewed: September 13, 2018

Pleasant stay
    • Double or Twin Room

Access to the Hotel was not quite so good and the breakfast a little underwhelming. If you intend to meet any colleagues or customers at the site for a morning meeting again quite difficult to arrange and I was told the hotel would only allow guests who were staying at the hotel in before 12 ? The stairs to the top floor are incredibly steep and no lift ! if you have a heavy case it is very difficult .

Hotel was great value and very clean . The wifi was easy to access and the restaurant good. I have to say in general it was very good and nice to stay somewhere that felt different to the normal chains. I would definitely stay here again.

• Reviewed: September 6, 2018

Being above a steak restaurant
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel said they were going to forward my receipt as I had an early start but I never received it.

Being above a steak restaurant . Comfortable bed

• Reviewed: September 3, 2018

Good value. Spacious.

There was noise all night from what sounded like a fan of some sort. We'd hoped that would stop when the restaurant closed. It did become background noise after a while. Not loud, just...there. We were ok with the stairs but it would have been different had mum been staying as well. On the second flight the steps are rather tall.

Large room so plenty of space. Generous with the tea, coffee and biscuits. A simple service was all we needed and was exactly what we got.

• Reviewed: August 30, 2018

Great weekend!

Room was very warm and the fan wasn't great.... Bigger one would have been better. Room was a bit small but okay for a couple of days.

The continental breakfast was nice. We didn't know about it when we booked. Good location. Short walk to pubs and train station.

• Reviewed: August 29, 2018

For the money, it was good.

Unsure with how to get through to the room initially as it wasn’t clear (that might be just me though). When we checked in (at the Miller and Carter bar) the guy was super mardy acting and only spoke in grunts and general nods of head when we asked for directions. Way too many steep flights of steps so would recommend checking first if you have difficulty.

For the money, it was good. Clean and plenty of tea and coffee.

• Reviewed: August 28, 2018

Lovely hotel, great value for money

Unfortunately our room was very cold, may not have been an issue but we were travelling with our 8 month old daughter. Also for some reason none of the plug sockets next to the bed worked, could only use the ones at the desk where tv, lamp and kettle were plugged in. The extractor fan in bathroom didn't come on either so room was full of steam.

The staff were lovely, really friendly while checking us in, gave us loads of information and asked if we needed help getting anything out of the car. Our room was huge, well decorated and very clean. Everything in there that you'd need, all facilities easily accessible. Had breakfast in the morning, loads of choice, our meals were delicious and such good value for money.

• Reviewed: August 28, 2018

Enjoyable stay, good value for money.

Drinks in bar expensive. Glasses left on tables in bar even though it was not busy after 10pm. A bit galling to clear your own table when staff were standing around. Staircase up to our second floor room was very steep from 1st to 2nd floor. We are both in our 60s but fortunately we managed, we were not warned of this. 2nd floor room would be inaccessible to anyone with mobility problems.

The room and the bed was comfy, nicely decorated. Included breakfast was fine and the waitress was friendly.

• Reviewed: August 15, 2018

Pretty good value for money.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Difficult to find intially; sign not very large for hotel - restaurant sign dwarfed information on hotel. Windows were difficult to open in room. No fan in bathroom (for after shower) as room became very humid. No lift to 2nd floor.

Hours for continental breakfast were good; allowed us some flexibility. Towels were large, extras in wardrobe. Sofa bed was comfy for daughter. Quiet at night.

• Reviewed: August 13, 2018

Great option if staying in area near train station and airports.
    • Double or Twin Room

Beware of stairs to rooms. Luckily staff took my luggage upstairs, but did I not ask for assistance on departure.

Having restaurant/bar was both convient and nice to visit. Very nice meal!

• Reviewed: August 8, 2018

just what we needed for our two night stay good value for money

bathroom looking a little tired and could do with mould cleaning off tiles in shower as it makes it look dirty

location very good and breakfast was very good

• Reviewed: August 8, 2018

Fabulous hotel

Everything was superb and met our needs. The staff were pleasant and helpful ..the food was outstanding ..the room was comfortable and spacious . Great location .

• Reviewed: August 7, 2018

Convenient place for a short stay, great steakhouse!
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Windows were blocked and opened only a few cm (it was very hot!)

The house and room are quite nice, everything clean Big room Lots of free parking space Very good steakhouse in the same building Continental breakfast included Good WiFi

• Reviewed: August 1, 2018

We had a comfortable stay

There was lots of food available for the Continental breakfast and unlimited coffee. I'm diabetic and avoid cereals and sugar - there was nothing else even the yoghurts were sweetened. It would have been good to have some protein - eggs, cooked meats or cheese.

The staff were helpful, welcoming and friendly.

• Reviewed: July 28, 2018

Very happy with my stay overall and will stay again next time I'm visiting family in Heaton Moor.

Old-fashioned furniture and a bit drab Confusing names - taxi-driver had never heard of Inn Keeper's Lodge but when we arrived knew the Steakhouse.

Cooked breakfast (pay extra) choices were excellent: avocado and bacon on sourdough toast = scrummy Electric fan in the room Comfortable bed Extremely good value for money Good meal available in the restaurant

• Reviewed: July 26, 2018

Decent value.

Room was way too hot. There was a fan but it needed a/c. Couldn't get the shower to a decent temperature.

Decent location and good steak restaurant and bar downstairs. Nice breakfast staff and food.

• Reviewed: July 25, 2018

Basic room but fine for a night

Reception was not great. Had to wait for staff to realise that by waiting at the check in desk I might need some assistance. to check in, such as a key. No directions to room, no lift, stairs were narrow and step nosings looked filthy. Bathroom door opened onto sink and so bounced back.

Staff at breakfast very good.

• Reviewed: July 22, 2018

Hot property

Rooms just too hot other than that very nice. Bed felt hard but that maybe just because I couldn't sleep being too hot

Everything, room lovely, food great, people lovely.

• Reviewed: July 22, 2018

Pleasant overnight stay

The door locks on the room could have been better maintained, the shower needed to be upgraded.

The restaurant and lounge areas were very comfortable, nice surroundings, the staff were polite and pleaseant

• Reviewed: July 16, 2018

Horrible, due to lack of AC.
    • Double or Twin Room

It isn't called Heaton for no reason, it was so hot in there. I could of sworn the devil had checked in. The staff are aware the hotel is very hot and have no plans to rectify it. They are in desperate need of AC and not the silly little desk fans circulating hot air. They don't have a lift either, so if are not fit don't bother attempting the stairs to your room.

It was clean, staff are pleasant.

• Reviewed: July 13, 2018

Very good restaurant with beautifully prepared and presented...

Only stayed for one night - so cannot really comment on any negative areas.

Very good restaurant with beautifully prepared and presented food. Breakfast was very good. Strongly recommended.

• Reviewed: July 5, 2018

Our stay was nice as we just needed something close to Manchester Airport with a reasonable price.

The rooms had no air conditioning and we were there during a heatwave. There was also no elevator for the rooms on the 2nd floor.

Food was great at restaurant downstairs and staff was very helpful. For 55L a night hard to beat value. Place has a lot of character and well done and clean.

• Reviewed: July 3, 2018

Poor experience.

The restaurant was dirty, food debris on walls and floors. Service incredibly slow. Breakfast, well I sat waiting for ten minutes and no one bothered to acknowledge me. The staff were far to busy chatting about other staff members and drinking coffee. So I found breakfast elsewhere. Food was average and small portions but cost was high. Bar staff were busy playing on a laptop, not serving customers. A general poor experience. I stop in lots of hotels for work. This is by far the most disappointing

The room was clean. But slow hot water.

• Reviewed: June 29, 2018

Top quality all round.

Very steep stairs to the second floor rooms will not suit everybody, particularly elderly people.

Excellent place to stay. Room was immaculate, spacious bathroom was immaculate with nice roomy shower. Good quality firm bed. Ground floor is a Miller & Carter steakhouse, what a bonus!! The steaks are amazing. Will absolutely stay here again.

• Reviewed: June 26, 2018

Staff made me very welcome.

Being assigned to second floor. Those stairs! Very steep even for fit 72 year old lady. Which I am!

Bathroom marked down due to hot water supply to shower. Temp varies constantly! Very irritating.

• Reviewed: June 23, 2018

Foo fighters etihad Hotel

Room nice, fresh & clean. Bed nice n comfy, Miller & Carter steakhouse down stairs, excellent quality continental breakfast, full English breakfast available at a supplement.. Good location for Manchester City centre..

• Reviewed: June 21, 2018

Very good value for money!
    • Double Room - Disability Access

There wasnt anything that I didn't like.

I liked that the room it was clean and tidy, it was definitely worth the money spent and wasn't too far away from where we needed to go. The steakhouse looks very nice and all the staff were very friendly.

• Reviewed: June 17, 2018

The room was really cosy and clean, good location not too...

The room was really cosy and clean, good location not too far from the city centre. Staff were very helpful and friendly. Would definitely return and recommend to others :) Also meals at miller and carter were amazing!

• Reviewed: June 17, 2018

Pleasant enough but ... something missing

Room adjacent to fire door in corridor, hence constant banging. Very steep stairs to top floor - not good with luggage! Check in process not immediately obvious. No one around when we tried to check out pre-breakfast - had to hunt for someone to hand key to. This hotel seems to be an afterthought rather than an integral part of the experience to be honest, but pleasant enough,

Room quite spacious. Continental breakfast unexpectedly included in the price.

• Reviewed: June 17, 2018

Excellent value for money, excellent customer service.
    • Double or Twin Room

Only slight criticism was that the shower didn’t keep a constant temperature. But wouldn’t stop me staying again!

The staff at this hotel were fabulous. Very friendly and could not do enough to help you. The room was clean spacious and comfortable and location close to train station and city centre was perfect. This place was excellent value for money and I’d definitely stay here again.

• Reviewed: June 16, 2018

Bed comfortable. Steak - I've bought more tender and with more flavour from the supermarket

Leaky radiator in the bedroom with a plastic cup under it catching the water. I also dined in the restaurant - ordered Ribeye - which was cooked just as i liked it, however the quality of the meat was not great - half of the steak portion was very dense thick sinuet alongside the fat - which the waitress pointed out to the chef, but there was not any return comment or feedback from the chef -

The bed was comfortable and general bedroom was tidy. Water pressure of shower good. Waitress staff very polite.

• Reviewed: June 12, 2018

Great night away and fantastic value!!

Traffic noise in the morning as we had to leave window open with the heat. Bathroom shower could do with a re grout

Clean modern room with all that was needed in the room. Food and drink in the Miller and carter restaurant in the building was an added bonus.

• Reviewed: June 10, 2018

No lifts but we got help from the young chap on reception.

We had a lot of heavy luggage and there are no lifts which presents a challenge when you are on the 2nd floor. The gentleman on reception kindly assisted getting the bags down the next day.

• Reviewed: June 7, 2018

Nice room.

We were told by the manager (also in booking .com details)it was 4 -5 miles from Old Trafford...taxi£7.It was 10 miles.Areturn taxi cost £47! Breakkfast was poor...a selection of pastries(as indicated in literature...non existent!fruit...1 banana,a few soggy grapes,2 strawberries

Nice room.Comfy bed.Free parking