Reviews of InterContinental London Park Lane 5 stars

1 Hamilton Place, Park Lane, Westminster Borough, London, W1J 7QY, United Kingdom

#335 of 1,028 hotels in London

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

The bed was fantastic and the staff very friendly.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

We booked two superior rooms with an additional bed each and one room was very small compared to the other. We should have got both of them as larger sized rooms.

The bed was fantastic and the staff very friendly.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

We were upgraded as it was my husband’s 50th birthday.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Couldn’t seem to turn off the lights in and above the wardrobe

We were upgraded as it was my husband’s 50th birthday. Had a room with a beautiful view over Hyde Park.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Very disappointing stay especially since I forgot a shirt behind and was told nothing was found.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

On the first morning the shower cubicle got flooded as the drainage was extremely poor. When we complained someone looked at it but was unable to repair it. The only redress they offered were several towels to lay on the floor! Very surprisingly for a 5star hotel the services guy informed us that this fault was known to them (also another room was similarly affected) but they were waiting for the contractor to fix it. We were in between a morning wedding ceremony and evening reception so had no time to request another room or would have the time to move and get ready for the evening. The following day at checkout time we informed the duty manager of our issue and got the usual spiel about how sorry they were and an expression of surprise that the room had been let out at all. This was followed by an email that gave no explanation as to why we were given that room at all.

It was my wife’s birthday on check-in day so we were pleasantly surprised to be offered a complimentary breakfast plus after getting into our room a small birthday cake was delivered to our room.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

good but very expensive
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Room is very small and my room was not available (single room) that I was forced to stay at smoking section to get the single bed room. Price is very high.......

location of the hotel

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

Very rude staff, not organized with lost items
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

At first I forgot my laptop charger from the hotel, it was my mistake but a) I was in hotel for next 4 hours after check out- they could inform me, b) I sent mail with questions about it - never got reply. When I was at the hotel before I check out I went down (2 min) - they already knew what I took from mini bar etc. for this they can check in a second for anything else not. At second I booked this hotel as I’m member of its club IHG, I have been advertised, encouraging for it. Location was not the best for me but because they keep sending me mails I took it. The ihg did not add me points, they were very rude, they even were ironic Lorain supervisor told me read terms and conditions before you go some place. I was on the line for over 1.5 hour trying to solve my case. They did not solve , nobody answer to my emails ! They ignore me the same as with my charger case. I like using good hotels, I don’t mind to pay for it, this was not the cheapest hotel and I do not mind but unfortunately in this level all things should be top class , this is what I expect. I’m awaiting a manger to call me to solve my case with both charger and memberships. This bad experience will stay with me and I will not use anymore this group and is above of everything. Also there is no sauna and swimming pool at the hotel.

Hotel is in good condition

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

A great place to stay in London that helped make our trip very enjoyable.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Our only problem was the room could have used more and better lights. The existing lights were hard to turn on and off as they were connected to each other.

The staff was so friendly everywhere and went the second mile to help us. The location was superb an the hotel was so lovely and comfortable. We would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Amazing
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

It was a bit expensive, but well worth it!

Amazing location!! We walked our entire trip and did not take a taxi once. Very close to Hyde Park Corner tube station, which made it very easy to get to and from the airport. The staff was exceptional, friendly, knowledgeable and willing to answer all my touristy questions. Additionally it was very clean! Highly recommend staying here we stayed for 5 full days.

Beyond Amazing!
    • Executive Double or Twin Room

Truly a unique experience. After having some repeated issues with our room, unbelievably professional staff took great care of us by providing us with a replacement room and compensated our troubles by some wonderful benefits throughout our stay. I have never encountered such professional customer care as I did from Mr. Balasz who truly made our trip special. Big thanks to Pauline from the Club Lounge on the 7th floor who took great care of us. This hotel will remain our go-to destination when travelling to London.

Great stay
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Great staff, great service and met Theo Randal in his restaurant at the hotel. He was very welcoming and invited us into the kitchen when we asked if he would mind us taking his photo. Made our stay extra special. Thank you.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

It is very welcoming, specially the lovely scent when you enter the lobby
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

I did not get a reminder about the renewal of my ambassador card. Nobody even told me it expired when I checked in. They only informed me the last day when I asked to check out at 4pm, so I stayed for 4 nights in a standard room with an inside view of the building.

the burger was really nice

The staff were helpful.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Sometimes they don’t clean the room as expected. They forgot to supply the bathroom with everything needed.

The staff were helpful. Everybody are smiling and wish to offer help. Very fast check in and check out.

Satisfactory
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Lighting was not good on the bedroom. So dark that you couldn’t read a book or paper. It needed a central light that you could use as an option. No good for trying to dry your hair at the dressing table as couldn’t see.

closeness to the restaurant we were going to in the evening. Decent size room.

Great location and beautiful hotel.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Requested later check out as flight wasn’t until 10:30pm ... One staff member said shouldn’t be a problem but then when went down in morning, it wasn’t possible... It all depends on your STATUS! Not cool....

Great location and beautiful hotel.... 💕

Perfect Location; Great service; Great views; Great quality.

A bit more formal than we were anticipating (many folks wearing suits while we were more casual/tourist attire). TV remote control did not work initially and needed to be replaced twice. Rate is expensive but probably fair in the market given what you get.

Staff were all very welcoming and accommodating. The hotel trends towards formal and caters more to the business traveler (we were with our three young children) but worked great for us. Ideal location just an easy walk to B. Palace, Hyde Park, St. James Park, much more.

ive been robbed
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

the room was dirty and they said it was newly refurbed no chance it was out of date and tired £480. jokers

its over priced. it may fool the foreign tourists but it doesn't fool the British.

Worst stay ever
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Receptionists were rude on two different days. Very unlike my experience last year which actually got me to choose the hotel again. The first one just couldn't be bothered with giving an alternative option when I asked for a room with a street view. Simply because it would attract an extra charge, she waved it off as not being available without saying what the extra cost really was. I arrive l 9 am but early check in was not available. The receptionist confirmed a text message would be sent to me once ready hopefully in the next hour. I never received a text. Went to her after 2 hours and she says the room is ready. No sympathy offered for not receiving the alertnor text. She was very rude. I am allergic to dust mites and suffered all through but the receptionist i reported to insisted I had to stay in the room that way with no solution offered apart from there was no other room available. I also asked for the twin bed to be zipped up early in the morning, came back close to midnight and met it the same way I left it in the morning. The rooms were not properly cleaned. Soiled footprints left in the bathroom and tissue on the floor even after it was supposedly cleaned. Bed not properly made with pillows thrown to the floor. It was just not what I expected with the room rates charged. This was definitely my worst experience in any hotel I have stayed in!

The last day when my pillows were changed to synthetic ones to manage the dust mite allergy.

Intercontinatal is always my first choice in London
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Every thing was perfect nothing to complain about.

The bed OMG!!! Comfy and th pillows are different story ,, its hard to wakeup to be honest lol,, but yeah I highly recommend this hotel. The location is perfect and easy to get to the hotel, almost from every direction.

The stuff is amazing , they are really interest every detail...

The rooms are very cleaned and the location of the hotel

The stuff is amazing , they are really interest every detail but one of them is really super. He is Panny who has a smart men and responsible of the enterance door he make us be happy everymorning :) he is the star of the hotel and the location of hotel is super.

Great location, fantastic staff and good rooms.
    • Superior King Room

For a five star hotel, my bathroom was tiny. The air-conditioning was noisy.

The staff were very well trained and helpful. No request was too much for them. Concierge Zaneta Kalinaite was extremely helpful in organising evening entertainment. I liked the breakfast---if rather expensive.

Great location with an airy floral feel
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

I would have liked a mini tour of the hotel on check-in to know what was where. The receptionist didn’t confirm breakfast time or check-out time. She didn’t ask if we wanted a morning paper delivered to our room which is what i would have expected.

Polite staff, fresh flowers- the hotel smelled delightful, excellent breakfast and excellent location.

Stayed in a Superior King Room. The room and bathroom are small, but the bed is comfortbale.
    • Superior King Room

Small room and a bit dated. The sound of the AC is very loud. The cocktail I ordered at the bar on the ground floor was the worst I have ever had, and very expensive.

Great location. Very quiet. Comfortable bed.

Over all my stay was very enjoyable
    • Superior King Room

I was exhausted as I was traveling for a long time ( about 20 hours) and there was a small mix up about going into my room a little early

I was asking for a fair amount of advice, and I was treated with patience and kindness. Concierge, Doormen, restaurant people, Room Service, all very pleasant and nice. Also the lobby always looked stunning.Thanks to all

Wonderful hotel within the exact heart of the city
    • Superior King Room

Location, room layouts and cleanliness. Receptionist need a bit more training. We held up by the reception more than a half hour, one of the staff promise to arrange our room than forget us in the lobby, I approached another receptionist he sort all out and moreover upgrade our stay in a same prebooked price. Restaurant is expensive but night manager was quite polite, professional and understanding the customer relations. She was the one of the nicest ever restaurant manager. We made a special request through booking.com, they did not respond. They ask through mobile but I gave up, as they did not respond in the first instance. However, I would definitely recommend this luxury hotel to anybody. I would restay there in the future .

Location is good for access to central London.
    • Executive Double or Twin Room

The room was noisy from both the road, due to the poor fitting window, and the other rooms because of the inadequate sound insulation. Reception ignored my concerns.

Location is good for access to central London.

I enjoy to stay at this hotel.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

I booked standard room and is too small and not so I expected.

Hotel is very selected ,beautiful. Positon is very good. Staff very helpful and smile all the time.

I have stayed at Intercontinental 4 times before but this...
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

I have stayed at Intercontinental 4 times before but this time I can say that they certainly decrease the quality. First of all my room was dusty. When I arrived my room once at around 4 pm, my room was not cleaned yet by the housekeeping. Also the breakfast was way much expensive of what you got. They only serve hot dishes at the weekend which is pretty sad for a hotel like that. The place where we usually have our breakfast is changed and I didn’t like the new place just because it is so tiny so you have to wait for a table to eat. There are actually lots of things that made me disappointed this time, I hope you fix these.

A good hotel but doesn’t come close to a 5 star experience.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

You are paying for the location. The room was good but very small and describing the view as ‘courtyard’ is laughable. At check in we were not asked if we wanted a dinner reservation or told where breakfast was served. Didn’t like the fact I had to pay 100 pounds extra at check in for anything spent during the stay.

The staff member running the breakfast service was brilliant. They had a room ready well before check in time which was amazing. You are given a helpful local map and can borrow an umbrella.

Beside the arrival, it was an awesome experience.
    • Superior King Room

The hotel was fully booked for some governmental meeting. They blocked the whole building. There was no way to reach the building through the underground way (and no information how to do that). We needed to do a huge turn with bags just to access the booth to drop the bags. They should send an email in advance explaining how it would work and how to reach the hotel building.

The staff was very busy with hundreds of checkin and checkouts and even though they were very kind and helpful.

Dishonest booking arrangements but great location and staff.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

I made a nonerefundable booking without knowing access to the hotel would be restricted due to a commonwealth heads of state event in the hotel. After we were given access to the hotel in the afternoon there were queues at check-in and intrusive security clogging up the corridors.

Great location and staff

Lovely hotel but very pricey to eat or drink in e.g. glass of malbec £14
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

We paid up front but then received an email telling us we couldnt access the hotel due to a commonwealth conference. till 12 to drop luggage. External option was offered after payment but that would have eaten into our one day visit even more. Felt we should have been told before we paid. Didnt get access till after one which left us wandering around with bags. Internal room with noise from a external vent/aircon system .

Staff very attentive but lacked a bit of personal warmth. Beds and linen excellent.

Best in London
    • Superior King Room

Nothing. It was a true 5 star property.

Location, food, staff, hotel facilities & room condition. Special thanks to Ms. Catrina in front desk for the complimentary “free breakfast” for the whole stay once she knew that we came to celebrate my wife’s birthday. This is my 1st visit to London and for sure Intercontinental will always be our choice. Thanks again for making it a memorable stay.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Some maintenance job took at my stay Not been informed about Happened in the morning and it was too noisy. Tried to talk to the front office staff but no one could help Even nobody call back to apologize on the same

The staffs at the entrance Very welcome people family friendly

Unlikely to return.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

As housekeeping moved the bedroom chair to arrange the fold down bed they found a very dirty and smelly sock underneath it, apparently left by the previous guest!! The breakfast service, whilst well intentioned was very poor and disorganised. When I asked to speak to the Restaraunt Manager to express my disatisfaction in a number of areas the sole words he uttered were thank you. Tables either side of us also took the opportunity to complain at this time and were met with a similar response.

Good location and good reception staff. The breakfast food is great but service very poor.

Rubbish! Discusting!
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Went into the room to find the card addressed to me ashad! Considered we are mr and mrs aston that was unprofessional, bathroom was not as pictured from your website photos. Wen i checked in i asked about the parking situation to be told parking was not a problem at no point was i told there would be extra charges every 2hrs! Thats discusting that i was not informed. Saturday morning we came down for breakfast to be told there were no tables and had to wait 25mins when we sat down we ordered out drinks and had to wait another 10mins to be served for our hot breakfast and still no drink. Finally 20mins later out drinks came and the lady that served us didnt even bring us cups for our cups of tea. Was we supposed to drink them out of the pots? I had to ask again ten mins later for two cups for the lady to bring them and slam them down on the table huff puff and walk off without a word. Then my breakfast came £32 for a breakfast to be served raw sausage that stunk! And i took pictures to prove this as well! I went to use the toaster one four slice toaster and only two of the slots worked for around 40 tables? So i had to cue to make toast! Unacceptable!! No butter available and by the time it came my toast was stone cold. When i finally had enough i complained to the host and all i got was an apology thats it. Luckily the man on the reception took off my breakfast because i wasnt paying £32 for 2 apples!! The way we was treated and spoken to was incorrect and unprofessional. I want to no exactly what your going to do about it before i leave my full trip advisor on your hotel with pictures! Im discusted in your staff and chefs and so should you! An apology is not good enough at £320 per night.

The valet service and staff outside

you are a big name, please , improve your service to match your name
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

It is an INTERCONTINENTAL HOTEL. this is the name. unfortunately, there is no variety in the food given that match this globally known name. inside the room , there supposed to be a tooth brush as well as toothpaste + an eraser as is the case in 5 star hotels. some hotels put a welcome basket for their clients. this includes biscuits, some fruits as well. I asked for green time more that three times but nobody brought me green tea bags. please, hire Asian people in the spa

location staff in general specially those working at the restaurant where we had breakfast.

Extemely unsatisfying
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Everything. It's a cheap hotel.

For the price I paid I expected much more not a holiday inn type of hotel. I'm not sure if this is uk's expectation of a 5 star because this isnt even 3 stars.

Brilliant - will be back.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Would have liked the option of a firmer pillow option!

Doorstaff extremely friendly. Staff couldn’t do enough for you. Amazing place and great location.

Good

The barcony concrete had mauls on it could do with painting as ruins the room when you look at it room abit small for the price otherwise comfortable and very clean

View was good

The care and excellence of the staff
    • Superior King Room

Unfortunately did not make breakfast as I was unwell during the night and taken to hospital - the hotel staff were fantastic in helping facilitate this

Will be staying every year!
    • Superior King Room

Location was perfect, we were upgraded to an amazing room with aPerfect view of the parks. We were staying for Chinese New Year and also our anniversary so was a lovely extra. Staff were amazing. We had to rush to hospital for an emergency and they were very attentive and left our rooms extended check out for us

Excellent team of caring Humanbeings that together with perfect location made my trip feel magical.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

I wish i had a room with the view. But the hotel people every signle person from reception to house keeping were so totally caring that i started to ignore other details.

I absolutely loved the breakfast place By Theo. And there was a very special person who served me breakfast - he is french but i forgot his name. He was so kind and caring. I wish there was more servants like him. There was also Antony at the reception and the lady next to him who checked me out from hotel on the evening of feb 10. I really wish you could give a bonus to those caring sweet people and especially the French servant in the Theos cafe. Such people make clients morning happier with their sincere will to help and care for the visitor! Thank you.

Reasonably
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Despite the glamorous location on Park Lane, the room was one of the dullest, I have ever stayed in. So bland you could have been in an average 4 star hotel anywhere in the world.

Reasonably comfortable

Although my review was not good, I would recommend it...
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

- I found a cockroach ( insect) in my room and the guest relations manager killed it using the remote control device ! That was not responsible action in front of guest. You can imagine what could happen by the staff in absence of guests. They upgraded my room later which was a plus. - Room service charge 4 GBP for delivery of each order !? I haven't seen that in any other hotel. - In addition to delivery charge, Room service charged me an amount which is not listed in the menue.

-The conceirge was very useful and friendly - Location - Staff was friendly

The room was very average, old. I have stayed at a better 3star hotel
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Everything, parking is a joke, the Hotel isn’t worth the price at all. Victoria ery average room. I would say it is a 3star hotel, the only thing that makes it a 5star is the area it is in. So I highly recommend everyone to pick a different hotel if you need to be in the area. If you are staying for business purposes just for one night and you are hardly at the hotel then it’s fine but if you are staying with a partner for relaxation, not worth it at all!

Customer service at front desk was ok

Great Location, Clean Hotel
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Rooms are a bit small. Room was very dark with limited lighting. Lift foyers were very dim. Construction work was noisy from 9.30am onwards as hotel was being renovated. Clients should be advised of this prior to booking as it will have an impact on people arriving at odd times and requiring sleep time during the day.

Beds were comfortable, Pillows weren't the best and very odd sizes.

Comfortable and excellent stay. Will again stay there when I visit next
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The breakfast had virtually no option for vegetarians. The room could have provided dental kit and shaving kit atleast for such a premium price. Of course, the hotel is good. No doubt about this.

The staff and the receptionist. They were exceptionally good. Effortless checkin and checkout too.

Poor value for money because of the service. Would not choose the Intercontinental again
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Building works Noise affecting the initial room. Complained and was moved to an upgraded room. The meal in the hotel restaurant was average and the service was very poor. As it was a friends birthday meal the service was especially poor.

Breakfast was excellent

Very pleasant stay.

None.

The bed is comfy. Although there’s refurbishment going on the next morning, they remind us to close the curtains to protect our privacy. Very thoughtful.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

A very good hotel at a very good location
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The housekeeping services is not up to the standards that we used to receive at 5 stars hotels that we usually travel to or stay with.

Excellent location

Beautiful hotel, exceptional service. Wonderful position.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

I was very disappointed that we could not be seated at a dining table, away from the main walk through, so that we could have a meal in comfort after travelling for several hours. I am 69 and my husband is 70 and is recovering from Cancer treatment. We needed to sit at a table to eat. This is my only criticism.

The young man on reception was wonderful. Extremely helpful . The room was very nice indeed. The bed was really comfortable and most important, a very quiet position, just what we wanted. The hotel is beautiful. The staff are very welcoming. We would definitely stay at this hotel again.i

I did not like the atmosphere of the hotel
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The room was not ready at 7:00pm, crowded lobby, reception area. The tables in the launch were not clean and they do not bother to clean. Telephone is not working in the room until next day despite telling the reception twice. Drainage of the sink was plugged. 15 minutes waiting to have breakfast...

Around the world, IC is always reliable for fluent, unstuffy service in the best locations
    • Superior King Room

Breakfast too pricey, when classy alternatives abound nearby. Simply obvious that there should be more than 'one-each' coffee on the courtesy tray - that jars with the whole IC experience. Offer neutral-scented toiletries - you can't wear Amouage nor Creed with a lemon soap!

IC staff invariably well-mannered and attentive. Room with a view over Hyde Park Corner. Bathroom impeccable. Bed: comfortable and made-up SO well. Cleanliness. Sound- & light-proofing superb. Sufficient lifts (not always the case at other hotels).

Room, got an upgrade as executive room, well worth it.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Breakfast: very slow attendance, not very friendly, in contradiction with the rest of the hotels services.

Room, got an upgrade as executive room, well worth it.

Employees especially at the recepcion very friendly.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Breakfast in the breakfast room: too long waiting time, as replacement of tables is very slow. Second day we just went elsewhere.

Employees especially at the recepcion very friendly. Roomservice is professional and good quality.

The don't clean rooms till you call them not worth the...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The don't clean rooms till you call them not worth the value of money and not applicable to be five starts hotel. Services is bad and you have to check hotel bill for extra charges not been taken

Comfortable but overpriced.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The room was very dark despite every light being on. There was no light near the only power point and mirror for drying my hair (in the bedroom area). The bathroom was very compact.

My stay was very pleasant and Yes I woud use the facilty again.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

No mobile phone charging facility in such an high profile hotel.

Location fantastic perfect for business purpose. The staff were all very pleasant and welcoming.

Not Claridge’s

Five hundred pounds a night for a tiny room with a view like looking on to a council estate (see picture) and despite having an IHG Gold Elite Members Card they wanted an additional ninety-six pounds per day to allow me access to the executive lounges.

Without doubt at the top end of London hotels and catering to the rich oversee visitors every whim.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

we had problem with tissue in rooms. We asked for tissue for the room from room service several times but we didn't get

Location. Break fast was good

great location , great location , great location

the shower curtains is too easy to leak to the bathroom floor... even if you put it into the tube, it still leak...

The room is very clean and the facility is very thoughtful

Excellent hotel, Royal Ambassadors be aware!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Changing the club lounge rules especially removing the complimentar access for royal ambassadors members.

Staff Location The club lounge Breakfast

Lovely, friendly staff!!
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was not good! I had the advocado toast and it was tasteless! My daughter had the potatoe rosti and it was awful-soggy and greasy.

Door man was absolutely fantastic! We got a great rate through bookings.com.

A very expensive stay in London.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The brochure in the room stated breakfast until noon. However it finished at 11 so we missed out. It cost a lot more to have breakfast included on the room rate so was not happy.

Fantastic luxury hotel
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Been stopped by the door man and asked to produce our room keys to prove we were stopping there . Stereotyping due to tattoos!!!

Beautiful hotel with large stylish rooms. Super fast service at reception .

A pleasant stay at an ideally located hotel with a unique London style.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Well. Although I liked my breakfast, it was not included in the room charge.

I like the bed and large pillows especially. All is good except the room is a bit small.

World-class luxury in London's exclusive, intimate Mayfair neighbourhood
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Avoid the dingy standard rooms facing the "courtyard." Soviet-style views, dated and worn furnishings, and subpar luxury.

High Tea was very exquisite and memorable. Bar and restaurant staff - beyond reproach. Concierge was exceptional and arranged the best theatre tickets in the house on such short notice. The upgraded/superior rooms facing Hyde Park definitely worth the price for the added space and views. Club Intercontinental - the perfect atmosphere and setting for breakfast and cocktails.

Great location for business travelers
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The Intercontinental breakfast was kind of limited in terms of options especially for the price charged In the room, the espresso machine didn't work (or I couldn't find out how)

Helpful staff, busy lobby, great location, proximity to the tube stations & hyde park

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

Excellent location near Hyde Park and Oxford Street.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I have stayed here occasionally over 5 years. The breakfast which used to be quite special has now become appalling. The cups and saucers have gone to be replaced by the standard holiday inn mugs. The magnificent buffet has gone and replaced with meagre pre laid fruit dishes and not a lot of choice of any thing else. There used to be an omelette area- that's gone too. For warm food, you have to choose off " Theo Randall's " Italian breakfast menu at mouth watering prices. If the food we had was a reflection , don't even bother. The fried rosti tasted like a brick! Service too was underwhelming( forgotten orders/ wrong orders etc) and the experience all in all very poor. If this is IHG's flagship hotel in London then unfortunately the 5 star experience they want you to have in the rest of the hotel is not matched by the breakfast. I guess it has been done to make more money with fewer costs. Go across to the Serpentine café for a better breakfast... Also there are also currently no toilets on the ground floor except those at the back of the restaurant ( above) which involve a flight of stairs for both gents and ladies. So beware if you are not so mobile... We will pack our bags and move on to other accommodation next time in London in the future...

Excellent location near Hyde Park and Oxford Street. Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

Every thing was excellent except breakfast

Breakfast buffet has poor selection of foods and I had to pay £27 for the toast and butter I had Breakfast wasn't included in the booking

Location, Comfort, Employees, room Almost every thing except breakfast

Good without the WOW factor.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Not enough coffee in our room (only 3 packets) so one of us couldn't have a second cup. The coffee supplied at Breakfast the following morning was COLD and had no taste of coffee whatsoever.

This was our second visit and ALL was good

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

I asked for a quite room but since the room I booked was of...
    • Superior King Room

I asked for a quite room but since the room I booked was of a standard higher than regular I was given a bigger but louder room facing busy street: I had to change at 1 am in the morning:((

We had a very comfortable, enjoyable short stay.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The staff and the room were very good and we had a bowl of complimentary fruit. We did not eat there other than a complimentary birthday cake which was brought to our room. Jade on reception was very helpful

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

The room's view location
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The room's view location The staff should informed me during the checking in that the room will view to the intrnal yard Which I may ask them for upgrade

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Best Location in London
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Everything as should be. Exellent location. Very friendly staff, smiley faces all over the hotel. They offer you the help without asking. Very clean room. luxurious room, very comfortable bed. Taxis available all round clock, Hyde Park Corner Underground Station is next door. Main attraction in London is in walking distance ( Hyde Park, Green Park, Harrods, Oxford Street, Buckingham Palace, Marble Arch, London eye)

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

Experience of a lifetime.

The bathroom requires minor maintenance repairs, attention to the sink plug hole to keep water in and the hand shower in the bath needs attention due to a heavy leak when in use.

I did not have time to use the hotel facilities for a one night stay, however the bar service and staff in the lobby area was excellent.

Browse InterContinental London Park Lane traveller photo gallery