Reviews of Mercure London Watford Hotel This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

A41 Watford Bypass, Watford, WD25 8JH, United Kingdom

#20 of 23 hotels in Watford

• Reviewed: July 19, 2018

The hotel was generally 'tired' and extremely...
    • Compact Twin Room

The hotel was generally 'tired' and extremely expensive, but ok. The floor I was on was occupied by a large group of foreign teenagers who were raucous! The hours of screaming, shouting, banging of doors and knocking on doors, mine included, made this a thoroughly unpleasant stay. The hotel did deal with this issue, when I 'eventually' got through to reception, however the relief was short lived.

• Reviewed: July 18, 2018

Terrible
    • Compact Twin Room

They promised to have a pool and sauna but when we arrived, we were told that they had maintenance work done for the whole of july. We specifically booked this hotel for the pool and now we had to pay for it, but could not use it! Furthermore, when my sister went down the stairs, the railing broke. She could have really hurt herself!! Also, it smelt of beer in the hallway, which was really disgusting. Overall, terrible experience, would not recommend at all!!!!

Free car park
    • Classic Double Room

The building and decor are tired and in need of full refurb. Food basic and overpriced. Slow service did not enahance the experience. Considering the price for the room I would have expected a much higher standard/quality of room

Free car park

• Reviewed: July 16, 2018

Check pool is open before booking.

Check pool is open before booking. They close it and don’t inform guests. This hotel is suitable for an emergency night stop for catching a plane or something. It’s drab, dated and has so many issues, too many to mention here. It’s not worth the price. Staff at reception including managers can’t be bothered with anything but cleaners, breakfast staff and bar staff were friendly. The hotel may have been great 20 years ago but it’s falling apart now. Damp patches, very old carpets and decor. Rooms very hot and reception didn’t deliver a fan when asked. It is very noisy, people hanging around in the car park until 3am. Security can’t be great as fire exits are propped open etc. Hosts weddings and guests wander back from the bar at any hour. Especially not good for a family stay.

not going there again
    • Compact Twin Room

Pool & spa closed for refurbishment no advised before booking. Staff at reception very unhelpful, they dont answer phone and tried to order room service again no answer

no air con

Peter Kyriakides
    • Classic Double Room

Convenient location with plenty of parking, cleanliness excellent, restaurant and bar very good, breakfast excellent! However, the temperature in the room was persistently higher than outside during this hot spell of weather ! We opened the windows 24 hours per day and there was no air entering: there was no breeze; it was almost suffocating ! There was no fan in the room either ! Fortunately, we had commitments in London for the 3.5 days of our stay and did not return back to the room until late each evening ! The temperature in the room was as high at Midnight as anytime of the day! ( We were told that we could ask for a fan as we were checking out which was too late ) . Room 336 and all the even numbered rooms along the long corridor facing the enclosed garden, must all be similarly uncomfortable! Another reason why we shan’t be using this hotel again is the NOISE from wedding parties going on throughout the night outside in the beer garden where the guests were allowed shouting and laughing very loud for hours ! We were woken up at 6.15 am by the din of loud mouthed men ( we presumed were drinking all night and continued until 8.00 in the morning) ! Why were these bunch of selfish people allowed by the management to make such noise without any consideration for the sleeping guests ? Finally and something that presumably you cannot control, but nevertheless is rather unfortunate for the guests but also for Mercure’s business at this hotel and that is the flying school that has chosen to use the airspace above your hotel on Saturday and Sundays ! To make an analogy at how bad the noise was almost continually for hours and hours, is the Battle of Britain during the Second World War over the English Channel! So for this reasons alone I shan’t be using this hotel or any hotel on that road including the Hilton ! But the first 2 reasons apply specifically to your Hotel and it’s management!

Peter Kyriakides

• Reviewed: July 16, 2018

Overall there were more negatives than positives and we will not be returning.
    • Classic Double Room

Bad location, too much noise on a night, low availability of products for our room, swimming pool was closed.

The outside seating area was very comfortable and set out very nicely.

• Reviewed: July 16, 2018

Awful, staff blamed Booking.com for not informing us that the hotel pool was out of action

No Air Con Swimming Pool no water Street noise No bath plug Staff unhelpful

Not a lot really, best seen from the rear view mirror as you drive away

• Reviewed: July 14, 2018

Do not stay here!
    • Compact Double Room

The pool and spa was shut and we was not notified of this. The room was like an oven with a dusty fan left in the room and windows open. The bathroom had no door. The room was dated. The manager was ignorant.

Not much

• Reviewed: July 11, 2018

The location was convenient for our stay.
    • Compact Double Room

On arrival we were told there was no air conditioning in any rooms. As it was very warm and we also mentioned that my partner has a heart condition so the grumpy receptionist said that they would provide fans. He then realised that there wasn’t enough for all rooms. They said that they would try to provide a fan before the end of our stay. They didn’t ! Not very good service at all. And a very warm and uncomfortable night.

The location was convenient for our stay.

• Reviewed: July 11, 2018

The response of the staff ruined what would have been a pleasant stay, not helpful in any way
    • Classic Double Room

We travelled to the Mercure last weekend which happened to be one of the hottest weekends of the year. Our room was unbearably hot, with no aircon. I requested a fan but was told there were none and no more rooms to stay in. When I asked if I could have some ice sent to the room I was told I could come get some from the kitchen... not sure that classes as room service!

Good location and parking

• Reviewed: July 10, 2018

Unsatisfactory
    • Compact Double Room

There were numerous full rubbish bags in the corridors and there was an unpleasant smell. The reception and bar staff were rude, speaking in thier native language and leaving customers waiting while they talked. The lady who leant across me to take my plate, whilst I was eating a bowl of fruit, and who's armpit touched the fruit....at that I walked out.

The lady who greeted us at breakfast was lovely and the food was replenished regularly so was hot and fresh.

• Reviewed: July 10, 2018

Well worth the price.
    • Classic Double Room

The only problem was the lack of air con. There was a fan in the room which was pretty useless. the tv wasn’t working in the first room but as soon as we told reception we got given another room without hesitation so that wasn’t too bad I guess. It was literally just rubbish fan really.

Considering how last minute it was. The hotel was very nice for the price I paid. Made sense. It even had a swimming pool out back that we didn’t get to use due to timing. Service was great. They had a good menu when it came to their room service but we didn’t get a chance to use it.

• Reviewed: July 9, 2018

Great stay always
    • Compact Double Room

Stayed here few times now with my partner. Each time it’s a great stay. For the first time we ate here and food was great and well proportioned. Would recommend highly

• Reviewed: July 8, 2018

No air con!
    • Classic Double Room

There was no air con and the temperature inside the room was around 27 degrees! We asked for a fan at reception and they said no as they had none. We left the windows opened but no air was coming through. As the room was facing a football pitch, there were kids playing outside from 8am on the Sunday morning! The light fixing above the door was also broken. There is NO way this hotel is 4 stars... Really poor service!

• Reviewed: July 6, 2018

Rooms are very small, no lock on bathroom door, very nosy...
    • Classic Family Room

Rooms are very small, no lock on bathroom door, very nosy pump on pool which you could hear all night, very unhelpful staff, only towels for two in a family room, room was like a sauna with 4 sleeping in it ,

• Reviewed: July 4, 2018

Overcharged for room service deal then couldn’t refund the...
    • Classic Family Room

Overcharged for room service deal then couldn’t refund the money. Receptionist was extremely passive aggressive. Oh and no air con in the rooms which also smelt of stale smoke. Avoid !!

• Reviewed: July 2, 2018

Don't expect modern standards.
    • Compact Twin Room

Very tired and in need of refurbishment. No a/c in room, no bedside tables and no door to the bathroom which is not great when sharing a twin room. Breakfast was reasonable but a limited selection.

Bed was comfortable enough and the staff were friendly and helpful.

Gym was well equipped.
    • Compact Double Room

The room we stopped in was very old fashioned (1970s) and tired looking (marks on the walls etc) but it was clean on arrival. Lockers in the changing rooms didn’t seem to work properly which was a shame. There was no air con in the room.

Gym was well equipped. Ideal location for Harry Potter Warner Bros studio tour and I’d recommend Top Golf which was just around the corner.

Average hotel
    • Compact Double Room

On arrival after 8pm I was told the restaurant was open until 9.30 or I could eat in the bar which was open until 11 and the same menu. Was informed bar might be noisy as world cup match on. Went to restaurant at 8.50 to be told by staff clearing up it was closed and I'd have to eat in bar. Said I was told it was open until 9.30 and the response was that's right but as it was quiet they'd closed early. Huge mural behind the breakfast counter all about coffee and the variety of methods the hotel uses to brew coffee only to find that the only coffee available at breakfast was out of a machine!!

Free parking. Iron and ironing board in room.

• Reviewed: July 1, 2018

Good value for money, lovely staff but in hot weather may be too uncomfortable for some people!
    • Classic Double Room

There was no air-con in the room! A fan would have helped but not even that! As it was about 28 degrees, it wasn’t comfortable at all.

The staff were lovely and helpful. The beds are comfy too!

• Reviewed: June 27, 2018

I would have complained but we were at a funeral so it didn't have time ok for a night
    • Compact Twin Room

There was mildrew along the windows and in the bathroom the top sheet was ripped the towels were stained and the wall plug was coming off the wall the room needs attention.

The beds were comfortable and the staff were lovely

• Reviewed: June 26, 2018

Adequate for a short trip
    • Compact Double Room

Room was very outdated Room was not clean - water still in kettle on arrival, dust on wardrobe Furniture damaged

Bed was comfy Room was big Good location Free parking Easy check in Friendly staff Good shower

• Reviewed: June 25, 2018

The food was nice and room service was good
    • Compact Double Room

The cleaners were rude. Knocked on the door then just let themselves in while i was getting dressed. then said we had to be out by 12pm so they could clean but the check out time is 2pm

The food was nice and room service was good

• Reviewed: June 25, 2018

A good budget deal and while no frills, does the job it is supposed to!
    • Compact Double Room

The sauna appeared to have one element out thus didn't get very hot. Also leisure facilities slightly messy and could do with refurbishment.

The use of the leisure facilities, steam room very hot, the big bed, a clean environment.

• Reviewed: June 21, 2018

rubbish wont be coming back.
    • Classic Twin Room

facilities where shocking. The cleanliness was rubbish as we found some bodies poo left in the toilet and there was hair all over the floor so it hadn't been cleaned to standard. The cleaners came to sort out the problem and where very rude to us.

• Reviewed: June 21, 2018

Ok for overnight, but no more
    • Classic Double Room

There is no air conditioning in bedrooms.For the price paid I feel this is not acceptable . If it is warm do not stay in this hotel !

Spacious bedroom and large bed

• Reviewed: June 20, 2018

Spacious parking.
    • Classic Twin Room

It felt more like we were staying in a Hostel, it was loud, it was hot, floor was stained all over and I genuinely had to check I hadn’t booked a hostel by mistake. Not what was expected.

Spacious parking.. that’s about it.

• Reviewed: June 18, 2018

I wouldn't recommend this hotel .
    • Compact Double Room

There is no aircon. The security guy was so rude. Also cleanless. My friends bathroom and ours I found it not value for money. Some of places were mould. The rooms been old style. Really poor facility. I found it as it's not as described and on the pictures

The man on the reception was really helpful, as our bathroom shower was blocked .he offerd us a new room. The bar was good too.

• Reviewed: June 13, 2018

Shame about the party, otherwise I would have said I'd come again.
    • Classic Family Room

The loud party that went on until 1:30, which only stopped because I complained several times!! 20% off my room doesn't make up for how tired I was the next day!

The bed was very comfy and the outside bar area was nice to. The breakfast area was nice too.

• Reviewed: June 13, 2018

Comfortable.
    • Classic Double Room

They need to improve on room service. This is the second time I have ordered room service and it did not live up to my expectation

Would not recommend the breakfast. Ordered room service, the breakfast arrived cold/lukewarm. Told the staff and they refunded amount charged.

• Reviewed: June 12, 2018

Very friendly and helpful staff with good comfortable rooms. Breakfast was also great.
    • Compact Twin Room

The room was very hot - 26 degrees - even with both windows open. No AC unit in the room.

At check in we were given a family room instead as the room I had booked was only accessible by stairs and I had a stroller for my 17 month old. The room was large and had a sofa bed as well.

If I'd paid anymore than £50 I'd have aksed for my money back
    • Compact Twin Room

Room was very very tired and dated. Oh and the cost of a glass of wine is outrageous compared to even the very best of hotels I've stayed in. £10.00 - Crazy! Pizza at dinner was inedible - refused to pay for it.

Location handy my purpose

• Reviewed: June 11, 2018

Convenient for an airport pick up with good access to the M1. Hotel is OK, but good value.
    • Compact Twin Room

All of the rooms are on the ground floor. The rear car park was used as a trailer park.

Very close to M1 and a short drive from Luton Airport. Free parking. The hotel is very good value, though certainly not the most picturesque.

• Reviewed: June 11, 2018

Old dated dirty rooms couldn’t believe I was actually...
    • Compact Twin Room

Old dated dirty rooms couldn’t believe I was actually staying in a 4star hotel - toilet was broken wen we arrvive toilet water all over the floor, we had to sit and wait for ages to change rooms. Wen we gave feedback to the staff they replied you could have upgraded for an extra £20 per person. Totally disgusting I will never stay at this hotel again even for free.

• Reviewed: June 11, 2018

very relaxing and a nice environment to be in.
    • Compact Double Room

I think the only thing I would say they could make a change to is to put a door on the bathroom as it was all just open. Other than that there was no faults and it was all perfect.

The staff were very welcoming and polite which made it easy and relaxing when checking in.

• Reviewed: June 11, 2018

Blood on pillow case - Health hazard!!
    • Classic Double Room

EVERYTHING. We found blood on our pillow case!!!!!!!! Room had mould on the wall, shower curtain rail had mould running all along it, bath didn't drain, the bathroom door hinges creaked like crazy!!!! It was a terrible hotel and terrible experience. Before putting this review here I emailed twice but nobody has bothered to respond, clearly they don't care about customer experience or their reputation.

NOTHING

• Reviewed: June 7, 2018

Poor
    • Compact Twin Room

Bathroom had no door on it, just frosted glass for the shower and toilet cubicles so no privacy! Also toilet didn't flush so had to be moved rooms.

Good location.

• Reviewed: June 6, 2018

Not up to expectations
    • Compact Double Room

Very appauling cleanliness especially in room 111 with the drainage back surging into the bath tub just below knees during shower...paint stripping off leaving a nasty gap on the bath bottom panel which looked very untidy and demoralising sight. Room 4211 there was a very nasty smell coming from the small sink we had to use our perfume sprays to mask the gastly smell...maybe whole plumbing system falling apart??

We got moved to a better room after the first one didnt meet hygienic expectations..

• Reviewed: June 6, 2018

The steem room, jacqusie and sauna
    • Privilege Double Room

Poor breakfast, no string was in my robe although I asked for one reception told he would send one to my room and iron and iron board was very old . They look as if they were from the 60,s . Very out dated.

The steem room, jacqusie and sauna

• Reviewed: June 1, 2018

Pretty hilarious
    • Compact Double Room

To start off it’s called the Mercure hotel WATFORD...it’s not in Watford its in bushey , it’s a 10 Min drive on the duel carriage way, to Watford....There were no lights, we had to go around the hotel room and switch on all the lamps, the toilet flush didn’t work, the jets in the shower didn’t work, the key to our room didn’t work, no bathroom door, walls are paper thin was a 3 minute walk to our room, room was boiling, no air conditioning,

Mc Donald’s was next door, bed was comfy, decent size tv, seemed clean, £133 for 3 nights, staff were nice, pay for what you get really haha

• Reviewed: May 30, 2018

Staff welcome was very nice.
    • Compact Twin Room

Room was very warm on an unusually muggy night so we opened the windows and, as a result the M1 motorway was noisy. Also noisy, inconsiderate, people on our corridor from about 12pm to 1am. Appreciate that's difficult for the hotel to manage.

Staff welcome was very nice. Room was fine, with new bathroom. Easy to access from lobby. Good value for money.

Good value hotel
    • Compact Double Room

The room wasn’t cleaned during our stay and at breakfast the tea and coffee was cold and the toaster wasn’t working correctly

The bed was comfy,room was big and friendly staff on reception

Very poor
    • Compact Double Room

I would rate the hotel 2 star, you would expect a 4 star hotel to have air conditioning, I actually went there on a day where the temperature was 28 outside and you could not breathe in the room, the duvet covers and bed sheets were also not to standard as all my clothes were full of fluff, the carpet was stained, honestly felt the hotel had not been managed to a 4 star rating, I should be given a refund as we had to leave the hotel on the same day as I have sinus problems and could not breathe. Very disappointed!!!

Would not recommend this hotel

Use of gym pool sauna and steam room
    • Compact Twin Room

Needs updating. Needs rubbish clearing and issues with fire door being left open and rats round older part of building as a result should be addressed

Use of gym pool sauna and steam room

Reasonable motel
    • Compact Double Room

Very slow bar food service, took over an hour to get 1 course and we were not warned of this on ordering. I'm not right but £11.30 for a double G&T!!! Be warned.

Good access, plenty of parking, friendly, helpful staff

• Reviewed: May 29, 2018

Shower didn’t work properly.
    • Compact Double Room

Shower didn’t work properly. Windows were dirty. Bathroom had no door. Food was poor quality for the price. Bar closed at 11. No coffee available.

• Reviewed: May 29, 2018

No door for bathroom and no any ventilation and room was so...
    • Compact Double Room

No door for bathroom and no any ventilation and room was so warm without any cooling facility not even a fan. Phone wasn't working to contact the reception even.

• Reviewed: May 27, 2018

Will not back
    • Compact Twin Room

Hotel quite old, room not clean, Bath and toilet no door , long way to room not convenience. No air-con. Two lights not work called hotel to change but no staff come to help. Room very dark.

Free park, Gym & swimming poor

• Reviewed: May 23, 2018

Disappointing but friendly reception staff
    • Classic Double Room

Was turned away from late diner before the stated last seating time. Hotel needs some serious renovation. I've stayed in many mercure hotels previously and this one is a let down to the others. Carpark was in a poor state. Breakfast considering the price had poor choice, being a vegetarian there wasn't really much other than cereal or fruit.

The hotel served the purpose of someone to sleep and wash up after a day out. Reception staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: May 22, 2018

Very poor
    • Compact Double Room

It was very basic, however the fire alarm was pulled and we was made to stand outside for 20 mins in the late evening. No staff told us anything or what was going on, just made to stand outside in the cold.

• Reviewed: May 20, 2018

Watford Hotel
    • Compact Double Room

On the first night the corridor had a stench of marijuana which was disgusting. The fire alarm went off several times at night both nights, the hotel was untidy and there were rats outside. There was food left out in the corridor for several hours.

The service from the general staff was good, however the manager dismissed our complaints as not their fault.

• Reviewed: May 15, 2018

No sleep at all and had to make a long journey the next day - not impressed with Reception attitude
    • Compact Double Room

I specifically requested a 'quiet' room, not near lifts etc as I am a light sleeper. My room was right next to a corridor door that people passed through on the way to their rooms all night long. Every time I dropped off someone came banging through the door. I accept that the doors are needed but oil them or do something to stop them banging. I felt I was being punished for requesting a quiet room.

Despite booking a compact room, the size was actually more than adequate.

• Reviewed: May 13, 2018

WASTE OF MONEY
    • Compact Double Room

Rude staff members, No aircon or fans in rooms, Stained carpets and ceilings. Someone's hair was still in the bed.

The local car parks and train station are pretty cheap to park in.

• Reviewed: May 12, 2018

was ok thanks
    • Compact Double Room

Corridors were a little tired and could do with a spruce up, but once you got in the room it was nice enough.

Breakfast was very nice, rooms were nice and quiet.

• Reviewed: May 10, 2018

Wouldn’t stay there again
    • Compact Double Room

The staff are rude , the hotel hallways had food plates and cups left on the floor and I also saw a rat

The bed was comfortable and there was an outside seating area like a garden , which was nice because the weather was hot

• Reviewed: May 10, 2018

Hotel was quite irritating but in right place.
    • Compact Twin Room

Hotel tatty. Signs to room were wrong so spent ages wandering around. Room baking hot but if left curtains/windows open lights in car park kept me awake.

Hotel near to where I needed to be. Very big car park.

• Reviewed: May 7, 2018

Value for Mobey, close to London.
    • Compact Double Room

Value for Mobey, close to London. Breakfast didn’t have much variety, not nicely presented for a 4 star hotel. Rooms were not well signposted

• Reviewed: May 7, 2018

Nice break thank full for nice weather as hotel is run down.
    • Compact Twin Room

Dirty room example cobwebs along side the bed, toe nails on bed sheets,showered still dirty from previous customer. Pools area run down very dirty looking.

Breakfast team are friendly also bar staff & gym team friendly.

The hotel is very basic and should not be a 4 star
    • Classic Double Room

This property should be a 3 star and not a 4 star. The hotel is fine but very basic. The first room we were given was extremely hot and very uncomfortable due to the radiator being left on.

The staff were very accommodating and changed our room with no issues. The location to the Warner Brothers Studio is great.

Clean and comfortable bedding and bed
    • Compact Double Room

Says there is a pool, there is a kids pool which is part of a health club so it isn’t open all the time. There is also no door between the shower and the room. The toilet has a glass panel which probably comes under the title of door but it doesn’t reach the ceiling or the floor! No privacy at all, the mirror placing means you can see into the ‘bathroom’ from the bed

Clean and comfortable bedding and bed

Not 4 star. Room reminded me of pontins chalet
    • Compact Twin Room

Food was ridiculously expensive but McDonald’s next door. No door on the bathroom a frosted screen on the toilet but not the bottom half so when u sit on the toilet your room mates can see you. No privacy to change as lack of door and a mirror opposite the beds reflected the bathroom space so you couldn’t even make your room mate hide around the corner as they can still see you. Room very dated and in disrepair lamp switches broken so couldn’t turn on.

Staff friendly room clean and beds comfortable

• Reviewed: May 4, 2018

My weekend Stay up Watford Way.
    • Compact Twin Room

No negative issues at all really? If I had to critical about anything the whole place could do with any update? Don’t get me wrong it’s not ancient and dirty! Not at all! It’s lovely, clean, and the staff are friendly and helpful, spot on. But it’s like the whole place is stuck in the 80’s? The decor needs living up, and brought up to date.

Firstly what great facilities for a very good price 👍very spacious as a building as was the twin room I was staying in 👍 clean and tidy, and the staff were very good. All were very helpful and friendly👍 I couldn’t of asked for more 😃had a great stay and would recommend it to anyone? Family or Friends. Keep the good work up. 👍

• Reviewed: May 3, 2018

Very comfortable - avoid using taxis
    • Compact Double Room

Location isn't great. Recommended using the Uber app if you don't drive. Taxis cost £14 or so from station and from hotel to town centre - if you use uber it will cost you £7 and the uber is very efficient.

Nice staff, very nice hotel. Bed was the comfiest I've stayed in. Good size room

• Reviewed: May 1, 2018

Poor facilities and poor service.
    • Compact Double Room

Bird poo on the view window. No door for the bathroom. Dim lights with no light over the bed area. Also had mould above the shower.

Comfortable bed and good location

• Reviewed: May 1, 2018

beds were nice and comfy and the bathrooms were nice.
    • Classic Double Room

how expensive everything was, i paid £23 for 2 doubles with lemonade. It was way too hot in the hotel room and the room had NO air conditioning when the weather was 25 degrees, it was far too hot. You would expect to have air conditioning in all rooms. We were woken up every morning by the football team, not nice going away for the weekend and being woke up at 8 in the morning by screaming kids.

beds were nice and comfy and the bathrooms were nice.

• Reviewed: May 1, 2018

Comfortable room with helpful staff.
    • Compact Double Room

The jam pots and tea and coffee facilities could have been better. Water for tea wasn't so hot.

The cooked food was great. The fruit and yoghurt was also good.

• Reviewed: April 29, 2018

It was fairly clean and ok value for money but I expected...
    • Compact Twin Room

The facilities were very dated and the glass door for a toilet when sharing with a friend was somewhat inappropriate. The shower options couldn’t be adjusted due to limescale (Japanese shower stuck on) and the height of the Japanese shower meant it was straight into my face. The light nearest to the door was flashing on and off rather quickly but you couldn’t control that separately from the main light so just couldn’t use the main light. No bed side tables and the beds moved with the slightest nudge.

It was fairly clean and ok value for money but I expected more from the Mercure name.

• Reviewed: April 29, 2018

The room was a poor representation of the standard expected from a Mercure hotel.
    • Compact Double Room

Compact room was a disgrace, old and stuck in a time warp. Peeling wallpaper, curtain black out lining had worn off, old fixtures and fittings, shower head blocked with limescale, stained carpets, cigarette burn in chair, Long walk to reception, and clearly the “old” part of the hotel. Website misleading for a compact room not worth the rate paid, go to a premier inn for a better rate and modern room. Nothing like the Mercure hotels I’ve stayed in elsewhere.

The staff were polite and friendly, breakfast host was very welcoming, and breakfast as freshly prepared. They handled my complaint about the room ok and offered a small gesture back towards my rate.

• Reviewed: April 27, 2018

disappointing
    • Classic Twin Room

pillows poor. nowhere to put opened suitcases. no wardrobe, only small hanging rail. no computer area. insufficient toiletries for 2 people in bathroom

hotel location was good

• Reviewed: April 25, 2018

Conveniently located for my needs.
    • Compact Double Room

The man at check-in was snorting constantly! I didn't get my arranged wake-up call. No option to buy just coffee and toast at breakfast for my guest.

Conveniently located for my needs. Room was pleasant but basic.

• Reviewed: April 24, 2018

It was definitely good value and I'd stay again
    • Compact Double Room

It's in a really random place on the motorway and the outside could do with a revamp - but all the hotels in the area including the hilton were just as shoddy outside

My room was upgraded when the receptionist realized I was staying for my birthday so I was in a standard room rather than a compact one, which I thought was really nice of them. The room was decent for the price and facilities were good. The pool steam room sauna and gym were all unexpected for the price and although it was quite busy with members we still managed to have a good swim.

• Reviewed: April 24, 2018

Awful!
    • Compact Double Room

Inside the Building was dirty. The room we got given was cold didn't have heating. The bathroom was dirty. The paint was coming off the walls. There was mold all over the ceiling and stains on furniture. It was terrible if i had known i would have never of booked to stay there. The staff were miserable.

n/a

• Reviewed: April 23, 2018

People spoiled the visit
    • Classic Double Room

The members in the spa were rude and difficult.staff in the restaurant at breakfast didn't challenge when a whole party came for breakfast wearing bath towels .

Close to tube for convenience.a spa with good facilities.

• Reviewed: April 23, 2018

All round very well run hotel, great location for Wembley visits
    • Compact Twin Room

No toilet door in twin compact room

Great value, clean & fresh, offering relaxed leisure & bar facilities, excellent friendly staff throughout the hotel, with ample free parking.