Reviews of Home London

5.6

5.3

5.7

• Bed in 9-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The hostel is definitely for backpackers. It has a nice an warm environment, very open to get socialized. Also the bar prices are very good and the staff is very friendly.

• A Bed in a 12-Bed Room

It was pretty gross. My room was propped open cause it smelled like death and someone tried to cover up the stench with body spray. On top of that the windows are left open all night so it was super humid in the room. No A/C. I didn't sleep more than a couple hours. Bathrooms were super small and filthy. Bunks aren't really built for people over 6' tall.

The wifi was strong. I didn't die.

• A Bed in a 12-Bed Room

The guy on reception said to speak to him if I needed a locker. I replied by asking for a locker and he said that they had none available as they were already taken! Unacceptable. I only felt comfortable staying in the dorm as it was advertised that there were lockers available. If I'd known there wouldn't have been storage available, I wouldn't have booked. Shambles. On arrival, the guy also gave confusing information about navigating the building. The keycard to the dorm wouldn't work to begin with either. The toilet/wash facilities are severely limited considering the number of beds in the building. No obvious sign of bed linen anywhere, just a bare pillow and duvet on the bed. I tried not to think too much about its cleanliness or potential lack of. It was a warm night and the room was roasting in the morning. I was glad to get out of there.

The ONE positive about the place was it's close proximity to Kings Cross / St Pancras stations.

• Bed in 3-Bed Female Dormitory Room

The room and the bathroom were a bit dirty, i found a tick or a flea, not sure in my towel...

Good location, near King cross Breakfast good, but very very limited

• Basic Twin Room

When we arrived, there was a guy at the front desk eating a pizza and we were not well received. There always people who did not belong to the hotel and who were not guests ... The bathrooms were dirty. The water in the shower was so hot that it burned the skin, I could not take a shower, when I asked to solve the problem the workers did not want to know ... one of them tried to fixed pipes ?! but did not solve the problem. I will not come back ! it was disappointing ...

The room was fine ...

• A Bed in a 6-Bed Room

Someone is have construction at 4am im not sure if inside the building or outside.. So loud noise.

Bed is oks Even im on top floor But no worry im on my own that night from 6 beds.never have my breakfast coz im awake at around almost 10am...

• Bed in 3-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

bed not comfortable. toilet too small n dirty. drunkards n addicts 24 hours loitering in kitchen. cupboard too small n chargeable. staff not helping .

location.

• Bed in 9-Bed Female Dormitory Room

The stair cases are so tiny and I had to cart a 20kg suitcase up them with no offer of help from staff. There are not enough toilets to serve guests. I also went to hire a towel to be told there were none. Also got awoken by police at 12:30am barging in my room which isn’t the hostels fault and I do think the hostel handled that well. I felt it was expensive for what I received.

I liked the location and loved Charlie the cat!

• Bed in 17-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

-Kitchen's condition was greasy and very smelly. -I was placed in a room were the beds and the room had no similarities with the pictures on the site. For my taste, the beds were not really good quality. Maybe they have the minimum standards but not a high quality. -The beds and rooms were not really clean and they were really noisy. You could hear everything from the next rooms and from the other floors The showers were not really clean. -I know its not the fault of the hostel but people had the music very high until 2 o clock in the morning. I am sure a limit on the music can be applied by the management instead of letting everything uncontrollably -Maybe I am mistaken but I have the impression that people actually live there.

Very convenient location. Just 5 mins from train station and a lot of pubs and restaurants near.

The walls are very thin, be prepared to hear what your neighbours are up to. The first night there was a lot of noise and fighting basically outside our room. As it went on for quite some time the staff did not seem particularly bothered about it. To be fair, the other two nights were not as eventful.

Great location as it is close to King´s Cross.

• Basic Twin Room

The room was not clean at all. Surfaces had clearly not been dusted to whipped for s very long time. The noise level of the property was unexceptable and the staff where not able to managed this even though it clearly states their quite times in the handbook. The staff were very rude and not very welcoming. Would never recommend this place to anyone.

• A Bed in a 6-Bed Room

The bottom bunk I had was on the floor, so I had to crawl out on the floor on my hands and knees. Also, the bunk was positioned into a corner, leaving only half the bed accessible. Then a ladder was placed across it for other bunk users, and I was effectivey locked in bed like cell. Not pleasant to wake up to, and I wouldn’t recommend it.

Location is fantastic for access to St Pancras International station

• Bed in 17-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The place is a bit run down and it begs for a clean up. The dishes in the kitchen are a bit damaged and there are always forks missing.

The place really does have the atmosphere of a home, probably because of the type of building it is located in. There also lives a cat named Charlie who you really want to make friends with

It was dirty. Cramped. The toilets were broken and overflowing out to the hall. 2 out of the 3 female showers were out of order. The staff were bored and unfriendly

It was close to the train station

• A Bed in a 12-Bed Room

Location is unbeatable - adjacent to St. Pancras international / Kings Cross station - you have direct links on buses & trains to virtually everywhere in London/Britain - great area; awesome staff - cosy, well designed 'real-deal' hostel; i.e. you can tell it's built by/made for backpackers - no commercial feel at-all. complimentary breakfast too? what more could you ask for this price? :) Excellent stay!

• A Bed in a 6-Bed Room

Too few toilets. The staircases and corridors are too narrow.

The facilities are smartly placed, well designed, and well equipped. Guests are allowed to use the kitchen, which is very comfortable. All beds have separate power sockets for charging phones.

The bathrooms could be more hygenic especially the one(!!!) toilet on the first floor as it felt like it was clogged more often than not. I understand that some guests make cleaning after them a challenge though and at least there were more toilets on the other floors.

The location near Kings Cross and the canal is great! The Wifi mostly worked and the beds were clean. And can I just say the cat Charlie was adorable!

• Bed in 3-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The staff was really rude; during the second day of my trip they took my belongings that I had left in the room and put them in a garbage bag, because they thought I had passed the check-out time. Instead I would have left the hostel the next day and they did not even check my reservation

• Bed in 17-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The beds were uncomfortable, the rooms are too small too contain that many people. People are really cold, and when we heard a girl crying for help (she was just passably drunk and had lost her way in the end, which we could not know behind a closed door), I was the only one to get up in the whole dormitory.

Great location and affordable prices

• A Bed in a 12-Bed Room

The stairway is a bit narrow. I would advise to ask for the 1st floor if available.

the guy at the desk was very polite and answered all my questions. The room was pretty big and has a lot of room for baggage storage. It was my first time at a hostel and I only stayed for one night but overall, great experience!

• A Bed in a 6-Bed Room

Arrived at 11.30pm - couldn’t check me in because they were cashing up? Got sent away for 30 mins even though I’d booked and paid online. No mention during booking process that £10 cash key deposit was compulsory but that was Booking.com at fault. So I had to go and find an atm. I booked all female dorm but was sent to mixed dorm, then once reissued key for all female was given wrong bed. It’s not for anyone unprepared to deal with incompetence and error. Naturally fixtures falling of walls, no hand soap, etc, but that’s to be expected Some dorms are on the street side so will be really noisy all night but of course the point of these places is to leave ASAP. Not complaining about cost but errors could be easily resolved if they wanted to try a bit.

What do you expect for £28? It’s close to Kings X for early Eurostar.

• Basic Twin Room

Showers could be cleaner and breakfast sometimes included food that went bad

It's an okay place to stay for a few days. Localisation is great and so is the atmosphere.

• A Bed in a 15-Bed Room

The toilets and the bathrooms were very dirty. Very very dirty. The rooms were also a bit dirty and were very noisy because I could listened the music and the voices of other people, every night. The staff, except for some exceptions, was unkind.

Excelent ubication.

• A Bed in a 15-Bed Room

Congested room.Squized rooms,no privacy,noisy,not gender sensitive,a lot of disruptions.Simply no value for money.I wish the price was 5pounds.Again I was to pay at the facility but my account was debited before I arrived in London!Not trusted team and don't keep their word

• A Bed in a 6-Bed Room

Staff were awful! Wasn’t clean at all. The room with 6 beds (2 bunks) was tiny! There was only one shower that worked for all the females.

The location was great

• A Bed in a 6-Bed Room

Pretty much everything else. It's for too cramped on the inside. Bed gave me a back ache. The receptionist was extremely rude, constantly throughout my stay ( guy with bear and glasses) , bathrooms were generally unclean, for some reason heating was never on and windows were almost always open.

Location was good. Looks nice from the outside.

The photographer was clearly very talented. We had a private room, and it was opposite the shared toilet so we barely got any sleep with people going in and out of the bathroom loudly all night. Everywhere was quite run down and slightly sticky. The bathrooms smelled not-so-faintly of urine and the showers were extremely pokey with no space at all for getting changed, meaning you have to get in the shower with your clothes on and drape them over the door with the hope they won’t get wet if you don’t want to undress in front of everyone else waiting to use the one out of three showers that works. The windows don’t lock and they are so worn that the wind from outside flies right in.

Great location, right next to King’s Cross St Pancras Station. And there’s a cat.

• Bed in 6-Bed Female Dormitory Room

On the website it says breakfast is free turns out it's not it's £2.50. we also had a cat sleeping in our bed then in the middle of the night the cat jumped through the open window and jumped back into the bed. Most of the showers were broken and you can't change the temperature so I hope you like getting burnt

The location is the only good thing about this place

• A Bed in a 12-Bed Room

Difficult to sleep , too noisy , "Snooring trio concert" , room mate speaking on the phone at 6,20 am So I did sleep ..3,5-4 hours . After I felt asleep and did check out 50 minutes late , and I lost my 10 £ fee for the Key . Fair but lack of listening the clients claims.

Friendly staff

• Bed in 3-Bed Female Dormitory Room

Nothing good to say about the hostel itself. They take a 10£ deposit upon arrival for the key card. The room was really small and hot and the place in itself is in need of a good refreshment. Only one of the 3 female showers was working and the faucet was leaking all day long. The water was either hot or cold, no in-between as you just have a button to get it and nothing to adjust it. The breakfast is basic at best and there wasn't even someone from the hostel to manage it on day 2. No security, the door is not locked at night as advertised. Worst hostel experience of my life personally.

Great location close to St Pancras train station and a Tesco supermarket, with lots of diner options nearby. My wish to be in a female dorm of 3 was respected and they agreed to change me to the lower bed as I was not comfortable climbing to the upper one.

• A Bed in a 12-Bed Room

BATHROOM WAS NOT CLEAN. SOME OF THE STAFF MEMBERS WAS NOT NICE.

THE LOCATION IS PERFECT. TRAIN STATION AND UNDERGROUND STATION IS NEARBY AND ALSO YOU CAN GO TO CAMDEN MARKET BY WALK. ESPECIALLY, FEMAIL DORMITORY ROOM WAS REALLY CLEAN AND COMFORT. ALSO, KITCHEN AND BREAKFAST WAS NOT BAD.

• Bed in 5-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Everything else we didn’t like about this hostel. This is the WORST hostel I’ve ever stayed in. The dorm rooms are so cramped. There were molds growing on the ceiling. The batrooms are small and dirty. We asked to be moved to a private room. The private rooms didn’t have its own bathrooms in them. There was a brawl at the Tiki Bar (basement floor) the night before we left. Police were called in. It was a big commotion. Also, the front desk were not the most helpful.

The location is close to King’s Cross Station.

• A Bed in a 12-Bed Room

Originally had been booked in for eight days whilst staying in london visiting friends. Unfortunately I made more friend than I had planned... After the second night I had a couple of bites on me, i put in down to the window being open as it was hot and stuffy and thought maybe those pesky mosquitoes had paid me a visit in the night. Third night I had more, alot more! That day after going to the pharmacy and picking up some cream began to research online what these bites my be? After researching and after speaking to the pharmacist it had been confirmed that these were indeed bud bugs with their distinctive bite marks and patterns. I stupidly stayed the forth night as it was the end of a long day and was feeling very tired after walking around a busy London. I could not sleep at all that night and once morning came the itching was unbearable. Upon taking a shower and looking in the mirror I was faced with what look liked a session of paintballing, naked, covered head to toe in red splotches. I had to leave; so went to reception to explain and notify them of the problem to be told that this had infact happened before and as if this was a totally normal thing... I do not need to mention that this is not normal. I asked for a full refund and assurance that this problem is going to be delt with, I felt responsible to do so for fellow travellers, as I thought this is the least that could be done. Unfortuatly not, I was offered 50% refund. After talking some more and expressing my disappointment and distress the very disgruntled person being the counter offered me 75% discount. I felt like I was such an inconvenience to him and felt like I was totally to blame. Four days on and after staying at an amazing hostel in Kensington am starting to feel better. Having all my luggage wash and cleaned, cream constantly covering my body I am still dealing with itchy skin and possible scaring.

First impression good, friendly staff upon arrival but after check in unfortunately it got worst from there...

• Bed in 5-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The hostel is in desperate need of a refurb. The interior is old and tired with cramped rooms and limited locker space. The staff try hard to keep things clean but you cannot clean wall paper that is peeling off skirting boards.

If you're looking to meet people in an excellent location then this is a good hostel to stay in, particularly if you want to party until 0h00 every night. Staff are also friendly and there is a good atmosphere.

• Bed in 17-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Great brilliant staff. Great bar with snacks. Would recommend this hostel to anyone who wants to meet new people. Kitchen is fully equipped to do your own cooking. Would visit again

• Bed in 9-Bed Female Dormitory Room

I disliked everything because it was awfully dirty. I was bitten by bugs and spent money on medicine. I had red spots everywhere! Although the manager moved me to another room, the problem was that I was ill and couldn't even enjoy my stay in LONDON.

• Bed in 6-Bed Female Dormitory Room

2nd worst hostel I’ve ever stayed in. Room was filled with smoke constantly and window was stuck in open. The smoking was welcomed by staff (there is a sign down stairs to say this) and in the bathroom sometimes smell like pot. The bathrooms were shared and men could be heard making grunting noises on the next toilet on 2 occasions. My food was stolen from the fridge on the first day. It was clearly marked. Reception didn’t care when I talked to them. The towels for hire were small and not clean. Very loud music regularly played till around midnight. Rooms tiny and space inside bed tiny and hit my head many times and had nose bleeds from the extent of the smoke in our room. They promise pancakes for breakfast. I made my breakfast in the kitchen every morning but never saw a single pancake. Bathrooms were cleaned regularly but as there were so few they were quite dirty. Woman’s showers only 2 were working, on a different floor and the stairs were very slippery. Fire alarms went off late at night twice. Advertised ppl between 20 and 35 but saw a number of ppl in their 40s and 50s incl in my room.

The curtains in the beds were nice for some privacy, but necessary in such tiny spaces. Very close to kings cross st Pancras st and across the road from the tesco supermarket.

• A Bed in a 15-Bed Room

What I can say it needs overhaul in cleanliness otherwise should be shut down. Vomit of alcoholics every where. No management. Security very poor. Need serious attention.i wouldn't recommend it to anyone unless there's improvement.

• Bed in 6-Bed Female Dormitory Room

Room and bed were tiny, and did not look clean. When I got in the room I saw my duvet all messy and I did not have a pillow. I doubt they tidied the bed after the previous guest left. When I went use the female toilet I saw a male in there and I was pretty annoyed by this.

Very good location. Right next to King's Cross. The staff was quite friendly, and breakfast was pretty nice.

Room was dangerous. Window wouldn't close. Alarm went off when we went to the bathroom. Doors banging all night.

Nothing. Didn't feel safe. Weird people walking around all night who didn't look like the were staying there.

• Bed in 9-Bed Female Dormitory Room

The rooms were cold and you could hear the noise from the streets but you can't expect that much with this price!

Near the train station and restaurants, good price, staff was super friendly

• Bed in 6-Bed Female Dormitory Room

I payed for the most expensive room (6 female) and it was the worst. For days they had a very loud noise in the room from water tubes. THEY KNOWED about, but they decided CONTINUE accommodating people there, with the strong noise...and.....under this 6 female there is the bar opened until 4.00 am, makes it perfect estance. I had to live in the middle of the night, but they don´t care.

DON´T GO

• Basic Twin Room

The room was brilliant. We had enough space for comfort and the beds were comfy. The purpose of the stay was to catch the Eurostar the morning after the stay and with the destination being so close this made the stay even better. The staff were excellent and friendly.

• Bed in 3-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Cold showers, disinterested staff, loud music every night from the bar and dorm window had a gap in the top, worst hostel kitchen condition ive seen in london

Good location, good breakfast selection, 3 person dorms available which is nice when you dont want a big dorm.

• A Bed in a 12-Bed Room

Cold water for female shower room. A dirty toilet. Ceiling is too low in room ,which made everyone could not sit down on every bed. Many people check-in after 11pm. On a busy road made noisy sound sometimes. Wifi connection was too weak in all area. Room was too difficult to connect wifi. At the first day when I was checking in , the receptionist(A guy) was too rude to me but very nice to men.

Room with window.

• A Bed in a 12-Bed Room

Toilets blocked at times and quite small cramped to get into. Generally quite a small confined building with space. Not an issue as such though as there were other toilets ect. At breakfast they had run out of juice which was disappointing. The member of staff at breakfast didn't seem to friendly/sociable. I think there were some issues between people staying at the hostel so possibly allowing the wrong sort of people to stay there?

Good location, bar which was cheap and open late. 24 hour reception, staff seemed friendly.

• Small Double Room

The establishment is messy and dirty, common toilets and shower rooms are dirty and broken and with mold. Private Room: Sheets and Cover sheet were not cleaned, TV doesn't work and the window doesn't close properly and with mold and no heating system working. Breakfast remains to be desired, no quality and we have to clean our dishes after all. Customers service is very limited. To finish the paint, you have drunk people into the hotel. Highly not recommend.

Hotel well located near Kings Cross, St Pancras Station, Camden.

• Bed in 9-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

everything. The staff who check-in and check out for us and the room environment are terrible. It is a nightmare. The sheet is humidity, the room space is narrow, the sound insulation is bad, and they do not even have hot water for showering (MORE than 3 days.. and it suppose to be fixed in one day, said by staff)... If I could have chance to choose, I would never book there, cause it really ruins my expectation of London. So this is why I check-out earlier. ( from 9th to 12nd March)

really... nothing.

• Bed in 6-Bed Female Dormitory Room

They've essentially built a club beneath the hostel and play loud music until pretty late. It was mildly annoying to me, but I can imagine it would be really difficult for a light sleeper or someone who needs some quiet to pass out. The breakfast wasn't the cleanest, but that's probably because of how many guests were there. It was instant coffee, pancakes and toast. Moreover, the worst thing about this place is the sheer amount of people they've packed into a small space, sharing bathrooms and the kitchen, etc. It's too many. It's the reason there are cleanliness issues. But again, for the price, it's not surprising.

No bed bugs in the all-female 6 bed room. It wasn't completely filthy—reminded me of college filth (old building, and someone cleaned somewhat recently, just not quite recently enough). It was roughly what I expected for the money. I wasn't disappointed. Staff was the best part. If you're polite to them, they'll be kind and hospitable back. I liked that they were all in about their 20's. The cat was cool. I was a solo female traveler and felt safe in the all-female unit. Also, I saw staff kick a guy out when others complained about him "being creepy." The dude was pissed, but it made me feel safer knowing the staff was looking out.

• A Bed in a 15-Bed Room

Everything....Filthy and stinks everywhere from common area, toilets to room! Noisy at all time during the stay! Couldn't wait to get out of that place if not for emergency stay for a night!

The very friendly Cat..Pancake though never got the time and chance to make it!

Some guy barged into my private room in the middle of the night. I thought I was being mugged. Turned out it was the cleaning guy... bad way to go.

• Bed in 9-Bed Female Dormitory Room

The room was dirty, dust everywhere and even on my sheets. One of the girls in the room claimed she had bed bugs. Awful mattress. No hitting system working. No lockers, only a common room to leave my luggage without any security control (they give you the key and you have access to the room with everybody else's luggage - bring your own padlock for your suitcase zippers!). Only 3 showers and 2 toilets for women in the hole hostel. No curtains and the room was too clear all night long, noise coming all the time from the streets outside. Small kitchen / common space, gave up on having breakfast because I had nowhere to seat. I understand it's a cheap hostel, but you have to deliver what you are proposing yourself to. I have paid the same in a Hostel in Berlin and had an excellent service. Unfortunately, I am really disappointed at Home London.

Staff at the reception was really helpful allowing me to storage my luggage for a couple of hours before check-in for free.

• A Bed in a 12-Bed Room

People were mean. Bad breakfast. Broking window so the room was cold. Awful bathroom. Didn't feel safe at all. Too much people at one room. Some guests were very bad people

• Bed in 17-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

No wifi for all the dates of my stay... Is it really difficult to fix it? Same days, the super fast wifi access promoted by the hostel(with a charge of 1 euro per day) was available..!!. Cleaning work needs to be by a professional, specially in kitchen during breakfast and during dinner time... not by guests.. Breakfast and kitchen should organised better.. Maybe some permanent guests feel fine with everything, but..... In general there is much space for improvement.

• Bed in 9-Bed Female Dormitory Room

The facilities are basic and dated but clean enough. The kitchen was very crowded.

The staff were very helpful. 24 hour reception was good because I needed to catch a flight. The room was basic but clean and felt safe.

• A Bed in a 12-Bed Room

Well, I must say... this has got to be the worst hostel that I have ever stayed in. and I have certainly stayed in quite a few. Here is a quick lowdown: Positives: - Hot water and nice showers (albeit small and having to continually push a button to get water out) - Amazing location. This is seriously the only good thing! Negatives: - The dormitory room for twelve actually smelled. Like seriously, seriously smelled. - The people!!!! So, the worst thing about this hostel is actually the people that stay here. It is full of drunks, druggies and generally quite down-and-out people. Whilst staying in the dormitory room for twelve, there was even a homeless gentleman who was staying there because (understandably) he could not afford anywhere else in London. He was on a probation order for hitting his girlfriend and had an explosive temper. On numerous occasions I even saw people grinding cannabis and smoking them outside the front of the hostel and a 'dealer' was brought upstairs, being introduced to the people in our dormitory. Great. Both nights I was there, my roommates would turn on the light at three o'clock in the morning, wake everyone up and shout at each other. Examples of every single awful word that you could ever think of. Lots of great lessons in swear words for those from outside the UK, though! One rather hot-headed lodger even decided he would 'stab' the other person in the room and happily told everyone about his knife he had brought with him into the hostel. NOT a great environment for those who want to have a safe, nice trip in London. The beds were not great (but what bunk beds are?) and the covers were stained a very slight yellow. Towels had to be paid for (and were stolen by other members of the room, so be careful) and lockers would only be provided for a fee. The staff were not exactly the most welcoming folk and one girl was particuarly uninspired. So, all in all, stay away from the dormitory for twelve.

• A Bed in a 12-Bed Room

EVERYTHING!!! FELT UNSAFE, DIRTY, SMELLY, A COMPLETE MESS, THE WIFI DIDN'T WORK, THE BREAKFAST WAS A DISASTER! DIDN'T LIKE AT ALL!!!

NOTHING AT ALL!! WE CHECKED OUT EARLIER THAN EXPECTED! PREFERRED TO SLEEP ONE NIGHT AT THE AIRPORT FLOOR!

Room wasn't made up when I turned up, and the light didn't work and wasn't fixed during my stay. Room itself was fine, but other facilities not the cleanest, and the noise was constant. WiFi didn't work. It was OK in a private room, but I wouldn't stay in a dorm.

The reception are friendly, the bed was super comfortable...like, I wished I had one that good.

Imagine I can not even connect to a WiFi Tv not switching ON. A disgrace

Nothing to like in this hotel This entire hotel need to be demolished and the owner must be banned for life to have or owned an hotel

I stayed in a private room, yet two people still managed to access it with their key in the middle of the night - despite me having locked it!

The location.

• A Bed in a 12-Bed Room

Almost all the windows were open (in February) and some of them were impossible to shut. Furthermore, the windows didn't fit closely and I slept next to a window, so that wasn't very pleasant. The next thing, and much worse, was the cleanliness. The bathrooms were not clean and the toilet didn't flush very well, the room was also quite dirty and the kitchen as well. The lockers were near in the lowest floor and I slept in the third floor so I really couldn't left my mobile phone or laptop in the locker without having to keep going downstairs and upstairs all the time. The wifi didn't work very well and the bedside lamp neither.

I liked that the common room was very cosy, also the stuff was quite nice.

• Bed in 6-Bed Female Dormitory Room

WiFi wasn’t working. Bathroom was dirty. Bad alcohol smell all over hall. Bar was noisy during night

Staff was super kind! Good location 24/7 reception

• A Bed in a 15-Bed Room

The WiFi did not work at all for my entire stay (2 days, 1 night). It did not work in any of the common areas or in the rooms. Also, the ladder on my bunk was unhinged/broken, which was really dangerous.

• A Bed in a 12-Bed Room

I got stuff stolen from my suitcase. I was the only girl in a room of 11 men. Not necessarily the best. Rude, disgusting, stupid men and to top it off the manager is an absolute catastrophy. He is the worst manager I have ever seen. He does not belong where is he is, he needs to be fired right away, all he does is sit at his desk and do nothing. The others help but the manager is plain and simply stupid. I don't know how the hostel manages to run smoothly with this kind of management. Please consider changing urgently. The cleaning women however are very nice and helpful.

• Bed in 17-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

People who come and go at night that makes your night difficult and also the smelling on room is bad

The staff ans people are aller wonderdul,it is the best way to meet!

• A Bed in a 12-Bed Room

- dirty and crowded kitchen - a cold common bathroom in a poor condition - receptionist quite unpleasant - bad smell in the room - noisy location

- reception 24h - access to kitchen - cheap and location close to King's cross - for a one night stay maximum just as a transfer to travel further

• Bed in 3-Bed Female Dormitory Room

The bedroom was really small for 3 people. Luckily I was there only for 1 night.

The area was really quite and the rooms had a great heating system, important in the cold winter. Showers and toilets were not crowded despite of the amount of people that was on he hostel.

Just sheets smelling bleach

I can't understand why this hostel has a score so low. This is the best real hostel that I have been in London. It's warm, clean, females showers are nice and have hot water for a good while. Guys in reception are great. Home London is really a Home for young people whom are travelling. female rooms are fantastic and clean. Besides, they have products in the reception for shower, deodorants, chocolates, water... Also there is a little bar very colorful and nice. The hostel is quite. There is a good ambient. Has good price. It is close to a cool disco called Scala, next to King's Cross. High Recomended.

• A Bed in a 15-Bed Room

Everything. I don't even think the sheets were changed from the last person. It was filthy I was too scared to go into the bathroom because I did not want to leave my stuff unattended. Felt really unsafe and uncomfortable. Only stayed for a the night and left really early the next morning. I wanted to get out of there as soon as possible. Would not recommend for anybody.

The staff were really friendly and it was super close to Kings Cross station but that's it.

• Bed in 17-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Staff - receptionist was being very helpful. Breakfast - cook your own waffles is fun and they are tasty. Room - roommates are considerate and made less noise possible.

• A Bed in a 12-Bed Room

I had trouble figuring out which bed was mine as it was dark in the room and there were no obvious letters on the bed. A big white letter on the blue curtain would have helped me feel confident that I had hopped into the right one.

• Bed in 5-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The room was too small for 5 people with not enough airflow... It was a bit smelly with the smell from trainers.

I thought that it was really well stocked for the traveller... Snacks, drinks and toothbrushes. Therefore you didn't have to go out late at night if you wanted anything. Loved the curtains around the bed and the little personal light. The bed was very comfortable too! I have to mention the staff who were friendly and helpful and especially Ricardo who went out of his way to find bus routes to get me to my gig!

• Bed in 9-Bed Female Dormitory Room

I got bed bugs from the disguisting beds! I was told I would be called for a refund and was NEVER called! I also never received my key card deposit refund. ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE HOSTEL! DO NOT STAY HERE!

• A Bed in a 12-Bed Room

Everything! The doors were sticky because of the alcohol, the room was messy, full of dust and the window couldn’t be opened. In fact, it was stincky, smelled like sweater. In the middle of the room there was a huge mountain of clothes,luggages, socks, shoes and empty bottles. We slept all dressed up because we were afraid to get some kind of skin disease because of the bacterias on the bed linen. If that was not enough, one girl was drunk and she started vommiting and this also made pretty bad impression on this hostel, windows were closed and that horrible smell stood until the morning.

Nothing. I liked nothing. It was a terrible, terrible stay.

• A Bed in a 12-Bed Room

Not that comfortable, water in shower was cold sometimes, a lot of steps to get into the rooms in small halls, which is bad when you have a lot of luggage, although staffs are kind, we had a problem in our room and they couldn't solve it.

The location is great, staffs are kind.

Browse Home London traveller photo gallery