Reviews of Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel 5 stars

Lowndes Street, Kensington and Chelsea, London, SW1X 9ES, United Kingdom

#229 of 977 hotels in London

• Executive Double Room

I overlooked a building site. It showed the symbol for swimming pool but it is in its sister hotel around corner so my daughter could not go on her own.

Booked this hotel for the facilities advertised, especially the pool, sauna/steam room. These were in fact not part of the hotel and we had to walk to a different hotel for this (not mentioned). Once we arrived to the hotel across the road, the pool was too full to swim in and the ladies steam/sauna and shower were broken! Again, I was not informed of this when booking. The rooms were tiny and basic with the view of a building site. Not what was advertised and very disappointed to say the least.

The breakfast was wonderful - loved the acai berry oats and...
    • Deluxe Double Room

Complimentary items could have been made clear if they were free Make it clear the pool is over the road

The breakfast was wonderful - loved the acai berry oats and smoked salmon platter

HOWEVER, the supervisors are totally different they need to improve their communication skills

All the stuff amazing I have been staying in this hotel for years and years

100% I will come back to this hotel

Everything was perfect

Everything , what I liked the most is it was my partners birthday and brought him a card and some stawberries it was so sweet of them

nice hotel

A moron had been smoking in the room previously it smelt like an ashtray, not the hotels fault but the inconsiderate prick that stayed in the room before me, ruined my nights sleep making me sneeze

Large Room

It was really great place and everything from the swift...

It was really great place and everything from the swift check in experience to the room service was simply one big perfection. I only wanted to stay a bit longer.

Nice hotel in a great location

The bathroom (and shower over the bath) was a little cosy.

Great location, just five minutes' walk from Knightsbridge underground station, and easy walking distance to all the main attractions of the area (Harrods, Hyde Park, The Berkeley, etc). The staff were very friendly. The room was comfortable, spacious, and well-appointed.

I loved my stay - the service, friendliness, speed to accommodate various requests were perfect!

Please see above comments.

1) Coffee: it would be good to have a choice of organic almond milk, not just soya milk - as this is now the standard everywhere, including all coffee shops. I live in Dubai and all the Jumeirah hotels even have almond milk. 2) Breakfast: it would be good to have a wider selection healthier options as well: chia seed pudding, a bowl of fresh berries, acai bowl with gluten free granola, gluten free / dairy free pancakes with walnuts and fruits, mashed avocado + whole grain toast etc... 3) Lunch / dinner menu: definitely a wider variety of salads 3) For the price we are paying and the standard of the hotel, the above mentioned should be easily available to the guests. You need to provide healthier and wider options. 4) Bed: the bed was very comfortable but the pillows were not. They were too flat, we all needed to stack 2 pillows on top of each other.

Fab

It was a fantastic hotel good location friendly staff we stayed for my birthday and we received a room upgrade and a bottle of wine was bought up to our room with a birthday card

Definately it delights our trip and for sure we will come back again.

All are perfect.

The breakfast is amazing. There are a few varieties including buffet cold dishes and ala cart hot dishes. The staff got all the food prepared very early. We are very satisfied.

Relaxing stay and excellent hotel.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good, plenty of variety. The room was clean, tidy and comfortable, albeit the view was of a building under repair. Overall a very comfortable stay. I would happily return.

I would return, if there is a deal.

They wanted to charge in advance a hundred pounds per dat for using a minibar. I asked them not to do that as I wasn’t going to use the minibar. They then locked the minibar, which was ok, but why charge in advance?

The room was clean and the bed was good. Bathroom small but enough for my daughter and me. Location great, central but not noisy. Staff kind.

Taxi drivers were not aware about the location.

Taxi drivers were not aware about the location. Taxis are not available, staff needs to go to the end of street to call one. Although in booking. com we requested to have the room in the morning, but it wasn’t ready, we had to wait, spent time around and when we returned back, the luggage was still in the lobby. Receptionist didn’t ask us for wake up call or news papers, just concerns about charging, a day before arrival day I was charged for some amount, and on arrival day, I paid full amount additional to preauthrisation amount (complete the day before amount- as preauthrisation) and additional to that 200 £ cash also preauthrisation and I faced a big trouble after check out, some of the preauthrisation still unrealesd and we are in the 10th after charging. Just going to my bank and keeps on sending emails to the hotel and receiving unhelpful replys. All of them don’t know when that amount will be released and I’m the most affected person.

Brilliant will definetly be returning!

Bed very comfortable, massive rooms, building work was going on at the back of the property but wouldnt of known only because I opened the balcony door when I got up I heard it! Extra points for the sound proof doors and windows! Extra touch’s to my room was brilliant! Like magazines coffee machine iPad to book and look at things for the hotel! Also try the food! I had the steak sandwich! Was to die for asked how I wanted my steak cooked too!

I like the location.

Rooms aren’t very big. The executive room was just as big as the standard room. Lobby isn’t fancy.

I like the location. Very central. Housekeeping is very good. Room was very clean. Quite modern. Nice and relaxing but not luxurious.

Well-located and helpful staff
    • Deluxe Double Room

Bed was a bit too soft for my liking, and there was some perceptible noise leak from the corridors - wouldn't recommend if you're a light sleeper.

Great location; friendly and helpful staff.

A perfect stay in a busy, festive season

Price

Everything was perfect. Staff were extremely friendly, lovely and helpful. Provided free storage for our luggage before checking in and after checking out of the hotel. Room was very clean with all the facilities you might need. Complimentary water (2 bottles) + chocolate was provided every day in the room. Room size was good, compared to other London hotels. The location is the best in London, within walking distance to main shopping stores, hyde park (winter wonderland) and public transport stations. Would definitely stay again

Friendly staff, good location and value for money

- Very small bathroom - Very small lobby and enterance area

- Good location - Very Clean - I like the Charger for iphone + Samsong mobiles - Friendly Staff - Value for Money

Perfect hotel , the very best in London

Amazing service, re stock waters 2 times a day. Also clean twice a day, provide coffeee and tea and chocolate dates all for free. Very efficient and use initiative such as we left some champagne on the side to drink later and when we came back an ice bucket and glasses were left for it, without us having to ask it.

Nice, but not perfect.

A bit outdated property, bathroom not very neat. Breakfast not very good, pancakes horrible and egg benedicts way too raw.

Very comfy bed, staff extremely helpful and nice. Wifi very easy to access and good quality.

Surprisingly charming, boutique hotel with all the amenities for a peaceful and satisfying weekend.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Small room. Not 5 star facilities because some of the furnishings (doors, TV remote) are too worn and not very classy. Strange continuous buzz in bathroom. Loud construction outside during the day.

Great continental breakfast-- a full buffet with coffee made to order. Beds were very comfortable. Nepresso machine in room. . Service was excellent. Very personal attention. Lap pool and jacuzzi are in the partner hotel nearby and great for a workout. Neighborhood is classy and full of charm near great shopping at Sloan Square and Green Park. Free bikes to borrow to see the Changjng of the Guards.

Not worth the money, not a 5 star hotel

Average hotel not worth the money, the spa wasn’t even at the hotel , you have to walk to their other hotel which is a few minutes away, they shouldn’t be allowed to call it a 5 star hotel, 4 star at a push

Location was good

Excellent small hotel in a brilliant location. Great value for London.

Another 15 minutes on the terrace to finish our cigars would have been a bonus.

The staff above all. From arrival to departure the service is flawless, smiling, helpful. The hotel is relatively small, modern decor, very comfortable rooms with thought through design. There has to be a special mention for Laurence - the perfect door man.

Excellent luxury break that wont break the bank

We had an amazing night here the staff were fantastic we had a beautiful room with high quality toiletries and facilities. Our bed was turned down in the evening and chocolates placed on the pillows which was a lovely touch. We had room an excellent room service meal and breakfast in our room the next morning and made full use of the spa facilities across the road. Excellent location for exploring Knightsbridge and definitly value for money. We cant wait to come back

Not 5 Star - Poor!

No way a 5 star property. Bathroom was incredibly small. TV was playing up so ended up switching off. Service to assist was poor. Breakfast was absolutely terrible and I was quite ill afterwards. Fantastic area, but the images that promote the property are not representative of what to expect. wont stay again!

Great location but lacking atmosphere

Bathroom small for a suite. Bar had no atmosphere - save for me and my husband was all muslim men drinking soft drinks

AMAZING bed! Suite lovely. Great location. Nice cocktails in bar (altho noone else in bar drinking alcohol). Very friendly and helpful staff

Bye bye booking

The pictures did not represent the real rooms. The bathroom was small and uncomfortable. The fan was not working. Thus I will not use booking.com again as this is the 3rd time it has let me down

The Perfect Engagment

The Hotel itself was immaculate, nice warm welcoming with very friendly staff. I proposed to my partner on the weekend and they made the stay extra special and has left us with perfect memories, we will be back! Couldn't fault this hotel at all!

Don't buy anything in the hotel

Prices were extortionate even by Londons standards!! Breakfast £30 each!? I was charged nearly £40 for one straight drink in the bar! There is a tray in the room with a few goodies on which is part of the minibar but some friend thought this was complimentary as it was next to the tea and coffee facility and were charged the earth for it, very misleading!! We stay in London often and have stayed in 4-5* hotels and never been ripped of like this before, in fact we usually receive complimentaries, expected more from a Jumeriah! Room was small for a 5* property, check in process was ridiculously long and the front desk puts £100 block on your debit card on arrival to cover extras, given the appauling costs of the extras its easy to see why...

Room was nice

We will be back. . . .

Helpfulness was excellent from all the staff we met at reception, restaurant and room service. quite a few of the team had worked for the company for 9years and were proud to do so. Also enjoyed the garden terrace very much and a great lunch.

would not go back again, room was very small , front desk staff were not helpful

i have asked for a meeting room , they said it was not available but when i had my meeting in the hotel restaurant there was a meeting room just next to it and it was completely empty and we could see inside because the door was open during my meeting time but the property did not offered it to me which i think it was very poor from their side.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Fantastic small hotel in the best of London and with excellent service
    • Executive Double Room

The gym was on a different hotel. Walking distance but different building.

Excellent location, shoos coffee shops, walking distance from the tube and the park. Love the terrace, the people are absolutely fantastic. All of them.

Best hotel in Belgravia!
    • Deluxe Double Room

That I didn't stay longer! The only negative, which really wasn't a big deal at all was that the paint on the doors in the room was peeling and/or missing. This could be updated, but other than that, nothing negative!

The staff went out of their way to make our stay absolutely amazing. They were all incredibly friendly and were so helpful in organizing anything we wanted. It was my birthday and they brought us flowers and chocolates and waved our room service charges. Absolutely so much more than we ever expected. Made us feel like absolute royalty!

Customer service and staff Excellent!!

Stayed in a room near the lifts although not noisy we were a little put off with the room location.

Staff and customer service some of the best we have had in London really pleased. Location perfect for us for a walk to a restaurant around the South Kensington area and then a concert at the Royal albert Hall. Really good underground links to the rest of London from the Knightsbridge area. Shopping on the doorstep of this hotel in Sloane St. Facilities in the room Excellent, Coffee machine, Dressing Gowns, Slippers, Toiletries, and turn down service at night. Concierge staff and housekeeping Excellent when I requested an iron and Ironing Board. Keep up the good Work!!

Re new windows BETTER SOUND Proofing !!!

Read above ! Windows windows staff talking outside the main doors !

We did not get any sleep due to night staff talking out side the main doors which our room append to be right above. And the local super duper sports cars using our road as a speeding track sadly. I would highly recommend the windows are renewed to a latest standed of double glazing!!!!

Lowndes Square has a lovely feel....

The foyer, ground floor restaurant area and stairs (if you don't use the lift) are a bit tired and in need of updating

Thank you to Jumeirah's Doorman - he directed me to a Q car park a short distance away - cheapest option too! Good Continental breakfast.

Good value in Knightsbridge

Reception area was under staffed; had to wait and queue every time we need to talk to reception as only 1 person was working.

Great location, good value for money, very clean, fab breakfast.

the continental breakfast is very low in selection and very...

the continental breakfast is very low in selection and very expensive compared to other hotels , served with no eggs! or beans or sausage. if you will have an omelet they will charge 30 pounds! the rooms are very small. i had a twin room and barely could move around.

Great Hotel

The bed was very comfortable. The staff were very pleasant. Great location. 5 mins walk from Harrods and the underground. I would love to stay here again.

good location
    • Deluxe Double Room

great boutique style hotel based on a quiet street. ROOM - A little tired / needs a refresh of paint / decor. Great staff, friendly & helpful

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

Brilliant location
    • Deluxe Double Room

I was disappointed to find a bathrobe in the the wardrobe on arrival with old chocolate stuck to the back off it. Eventhough I placed it on the floor with the dirty towels twice, it was hung back without checking and not removed until I personally complained at reception. Staff where apologetic and offered a "full" complimentary breakfast as opposed to our included continental breakfast which was sufficient. However, I cant help but wonder if it is actually normal practice to not wash bathrobes in between guests!!!

Great location, easy walking access to all major tourist attractions

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

Amazing hotel in Knightsbridge!
    • Deluxe Double Room

Amazing hotel, the staff were very friendly and catered to our every need. The hotel is in the best location, it's walking distance from harrods and 2 minutes from Sloane street. Would definitely recommend stay here!

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

Home away from home!

Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel is home away from home. I frequently travel alone and this hotel is always my choice as they always look after my needs. The staff is very friendly and they always do their best to accommodate every requirement any time of the day/night. The food isn't bad too. The bed is comfortable and the little bottles of shampoo and conditioner are amazing and of a good quality.

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

Excellent overnight business stay in Knightsbridge

All good

The staff were very helpful. I got a great night's sleep since the bed was really comfortable and and the shower was good, so I felt ready for my meeting the next morning. The coffee in the room was excellent. I'll come back for another stay when I can.

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

Very good hotel with central location

No gym in the same building. You need to access to the neighbour jumeirah hotel.

The location is very good and close to all major attractions within London with easy connection to the tube.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

It was very noisy in the middle of the night with the...
    • Deluxe Double Room

It was very noisy in the middle of the night with the neighbors party in the next room!!!! I had to at 4am the call reception to complained about the noise

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

Great bar and restaurant.

A gym in the building would have been great, but I happily accessed the gym at their partner hotel which was wonderful (2 minute walk away from hotel).

Great bar and restaurant. Very comforable rooms.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

Nice location - convenient if you want to be in/around...

Rooms are small - even the so called superior ones - just 17 square metres I think. The others are just 15 m2 apparently! Didn't eat there, nor used the bar. Really annoying fridge - one of those ones that if you move something off it's "pad", you could end up being charged for it unless you tell reception you didn't use it. No room to put in even your own small bottle of milk or a sandwich, without removing bottles! Take care!

Nice location - convenient if you want to be in/around Knightsbridge. Clean comfortable rooms, but only really ideal for one person. 2 people would find it a chore sidestepping each other.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

Amazing location, great hotel, lovely staff.

No where in the booking information or hotel information was there any mention of a security deposit requirement. Luckily for us this wasn't an issue but definitely something which should have been made clear prior to our stay. There is noise from the outside until about 11pm, mainly people driving their super cars up and down the road but there's an iPod dock in the room which can help drown out the noise.

Very attentive staff! Excellent location, literally on the doorstep of Sloane St and 3min walk (5min in heels) from Hyde Park. Nespresso coffee machine in the toom is a nice touch. Plenty of wardrobe space to keep luggage and room size was fairly decent which was a concern to me after reading a few reviews beforehand saying the rooms were too small. You also get robes and slippers and an umbrella for that typically British weather in your wardrobe.

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

Hotel with lovely old world charms & modern conveniences
    • Deluxe Double Room

Couldn't pick anything. We enjoyed it better than the Dorchester or Ritz.

Breakfast was brilliant,wide variety on the menu or buffet table. All of the staff went out of their way to make our experience at the Jumeriah Lowdnes comfortable.

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

Disgusting

Room service :were extremely rude . Refused to take my breakfast order . Wanted me to write it down in a paper and leave it on the door knob . House keeping : disgusting . Saw the people cleaning my room and got disgusted when I saw the woman clean my bathroom . She literally grabbed everything I had ( creams contact lenses tooth paste etc) placed next to sink and just dumped them in the sink so she can clean the the sink counter . Yuck . Plus the towels smell .

Location is great

• Reviewed: 11 September 2016

location and stuff
    • Deluxe Double Room

the rooms are small and the bathroom door if you lock it doesn't open. and its kind of expensive of a small room like that. Thank you

location and stuff

We really liked the location as the hotel is very close to...

The hotel is quite old and very small

We really liked the location as the hotel is very close to Harrods.

Perfect
    • Deluxe Double Room

Housekeeping was not up to its usual standard

Staff attitutde and location

Very good

Hotel general areas need updating

The Position

• Deluxe Double Room

Very friendly check in staff, clean rooms and access to...

Very friendly check in staff, clean rooms and access to Jumeirah Carlton Tower facilities.

Service

Construction Noise outside if hotel

Service

Stuff is amazing

Housekeeping need to stop calling when DND is outside

Stuff is amazing

Close to Hyde Park

Close to Hyde Park

everything

everything

Hot flannel when you arrive a really nice touch

No tv, problems their end with provider

Hot flannel when you arrive a really nice touch

TV didn't work

Surprise in room waiting for us on our silver wedding anniversary

Near to everywhere!

Near to everywhere!! Nice hotel good staff

Outstanding from start to finish

Outstanding from start to finish

Perfect location

Excellent location. Great breakfast and staff very helpful

Brilliant time at this hotel, truly amazing time.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Stafff amazing, rooms fantastic, bar brilliant. Location was perfect for shopping and going out.

Excellent team and room quality

Room size a little too small , for two people.

Team in general very helpful.

Very good as always
    • Executive Double Room

Dust on top glass shelf in bathroom .

Always a cheery hello at reception and concierge always excellent.

Room were big and bed very comfortable

Reception a bit tight and breakfast room in reception

Room were big and bed very comfortable

Fresh milk for coffee

Comfy bed

good

It too expensive, am mostly paying for the location

The staff were friendly

Great experience and would definitely book there again

I can not fault anything to be honest

The service was exceptional and the food was great. Room was amazing also.

Great location , very helpful staff