Reviews of Jurys Inn Brighton 4 stars

101 Stroudley Road,, Brighton & Hove, BN1 4DJ, United Kingdom

#16 of 60 hotels in Brighton & Hove

Very welcoming and helpful staff. The soft, cosy and fluffy duvet and pillows made a super comfortable and good night’s sleep. Although a busy Sunday morning, breakfast was perfect.

Very good breakfast selection, room was clean tidy and very spacious. I was surprised by the reasonable prices at the bar and how friendly the staff were considering they were dealing with a stag party at the time as well

No bottled water in rooms, or in vending machines. Told to drink water from bath. Very noisy large groups of guests, rude door staff.

Clean. Nice food and staff in restaurant.

• Standard Twin Room

Every hotel I have stayed in off you have to use someone else’s car park you get a lower rate, it cost me £21 to park in the Railway Statin car park so really my stay wasn’t £95 it was £116!

Very nice room great staff!

Everything upto its normal high standard, however one of the receptionists was particularly rude, which spoilt our stay. we will return hoping that this was a blip in what has always been excellent service.

Very convenient foe the station & the races. 3rd year we've stayed here.

• Standard Twin Room

The bar staff had no idea how to make cocktails, they read the instructions as they made them and kept dipping a straw in the glasses to taste them. They looked and tasted terrible and they wanted £7 for each one!!

The location, the rooms, the breakfast, the receptionists

Noisy in the morning, not sure whether it was cleaning staff or guests but a door kept banging from about 07:00 onwards.

Nice clean room and bathroom, the bed was very comfortable.

• Standard Twin Room

More staff on at reception as when I went to retrieve my luggage was a really long queue at check-in My train was due shortly and felt panacky that I would miss it as I had to queue with everyone else Found someone eventually that kindly got my bags so all was fine..

Have been here every year for 5 years for a girly over night stay with my daughter the staff are amazing and even look after my luggage after check out Will be back next year cannot wait x

• Standard Twin Room

The bathroom was supplied with towels and hand towels, but not the smallest cloths, which I call washcloths. This would have been bathing easier. The outside of the hotel mentioned "quirky cocktails," but the list of cocktails available in the bar are quite mundane. They have margaritas and daiquiris? How quirky. It's also a shame our room contained no refrigerator, but that may just be my expectation as someone from the USA.

Bathroom supplied with lovely body wash and shampoo, the breakfast was great, and it was near the train station, which was extra convenient.

• Standard Double Room with Sofa Bed (2 Adults + 2 Children)

No parking facilities on site but the train station car park is directly opposite the hotel.

The bed is the best nights sleep I've had away from my own bed. The food was excellent and the staff are so helpful. Everyone was so friendly. Location was great.

Unfortunately had some rowdy guests at the hotel, but the hotel staff did there best at resolving the issue and ensuring that we were ok! :)

Close to the Lanes which were nice to explore but very far from the sea.

• Standard Twin Room

Not a lot - there was a problem with a window, promptly fixed when reported.

Location very convenient - by station, but quiet. Breakfast excellent, staff friendly and helpful. This is, I think, our third visit and unlikely to be our last.

Wery well placed hotel near the station and center, but in a quiet setting. Modern and comfortable facilities with good services. The lounge is a valuable addition, with meeting areas, wifi and spaces to work.

Staff needs to be retrained as their service skills are very poor. Damp smell in the room, bed not comfortable at all. Wouldn’t recommend for long stay.

• Standard Double Room with Sofa Bed (2 Adults + 2 Children)

We are provided with a cot for our baby and the bottom was just an inlay with wooden slats and no padding- apparently this is what they expect babies to sleep on. When we asked about a mattress the response was “well can’t you just put a blanket on it or something?” Personally I would expect a cot mattress to be provided, but the staff seemed very surprised and dispondent to the fact that I didn’t want my baby sleeping on a wooden mattress. I wouldn’t go back for this reason.

• Standard Double Room with Sofa Bed (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The room was in need of an update with decorating, especially the bathroom. I could see areas of mould.

The breakfast was great! Good value for what we needed the room for - 2 nights sleep after long days out enjoying Brighton and the countryside!

Staff are extremely friendly and helpful. Rooms well appointed and clean. Our second stay in 2 weeks and each stay was a remarkable one. It is a 10-15 minute walk to the beach, but is only a stones throw from some awesome restaurants and pubs

Room could have been bigger, and needed more storage space in the bathroom, which was missing a loo brush for some reason. No fridge or safe, although we didn't need those things so no problem for us. Staff were helpful but not clear about parking arrangements in station car park opposite the hotel.

Lovely big and comfortable bed, and great breakfast.

We followed the google map to walk to the hotel and went on a 20 minute trip from the station only to find out you can cut through from the station and be there in 3 minutes ..... doh

Staff very friendly and looked after us extremely well. The breakfast was fabulous and great value would recommend it.

Understaffed in maids, we were out of the hotel for 6 hours and within that time our room still hadn’t been cleaned. Cost a lot of money for 2 days and the service received was really poor.

The location was ideal being very close to the train station. Service from staff was excellent. The room had everything we needed for a short stay and the bed was comfortable. We ate dinner in the restaurant. The starters, ribs and potato skins were very good. My wife had rotisserie chicken for main and it also was very good. I had the cottage pie and it was only average. Breakfast was a buffet and had everything.

• Standard Twin Room

Some thing can be improved, e.g. the towels are bad and the bathroom need some changes, the shower cap is fixed, the taps are old and there ia no water in the room, neither minibar

The location was great for us and the staff was very nice, the reception a little slow but ok

Cleaner floor. Noise/smell cancelling doors between room. The receptionists.

We arrived, had to wait ages at reception, due to incompetent staff, who also found it difficult to understand and speak English. Rudely yelled out the total expenditure of the room in front of my partner. I did not wish for her to know how expensive it was. Then we saw we were given a disabled room, with a dirty floored bathroom, and it had a joined door to next door, from which we were kept up pretty much all night with a couple talking loudly, and could hear every single little thing that was going on. Including graphic detailed sex noises, and could smell smoke coming from the room all night. We knocked on their door multiple times asking them to keep it down, and then called reception at 3am, as we couldn't take it any more. But nothing happened. We mentioned this to staff the next morning, and was promised a call from the manager to, which I never got. Such a terrible night and general experience, certainly would not recommend these rooms to families or couples looking for a quiet comfortable night.

• Standard Twin Room

I believed I had booked a twin room with an additional single bed, as I was travelling with my teenage daughter and my overseas student. However the bed was a double and reception staff informed me that they do not have twin beds which I find strange. Staff were not particularly friendly, this hotel has a very corporate feel. No pool and no gym facilities which I knew on booking but for the money paid is poor. Pillows were very hard! And the weather was so hot it would have been nice to have lighter bedding too. The shower water temperature fluctuated and my relaxing shower caused me to scream out in pain one morning.

Breakfast was good, bed comfortable, room was clean, great location.

Unfortunately all the rooms have automatically closing doors which don’t have soft close so when they shut they make a bang and at 3am when the party goers come back all you hear is BANG BANG BANG if your a light or medium sleeper beware !!! I counted 24 doors closing between 10pm to 6am wasn’t impressed got woke up several times:(

Great location only 20 min walk to beach , friendly staff

• Standard Twin Room

Air conditioning didn’t seem v good n seemed to keep turning off after a while so night was too warm.

Location was v good and foyet was great. Rooms spacious n airy and good thst u can actually open window.

No fridge in the bedroom and the bathroom completely flooded when using the walk in shower. Breakfast was a buffet; normally great but this time the key ingredients were hardly available; eventually I settled for half a breakfast; and that had taken over half an hour to wait for.

Breakfast not to my taste, although reasonably priced

Room's great quality and comfortable. Location, right by the station, perfect for hen weekend

• Standard Twin Room

The rooms were fine however slightly annoying that every time anyone entered or left their room the dooor would slam shut which can become very irritating.

Breakfast was very nice,and the place felt safe and secure as there was a security guard doing regular walks around the premises. Also the car park directly opposite was very convenient.

`There was no mini fridge in the room, the TV channels weren't all working and i had to inform the staff multiple times to get it fixed.

The Bed is comfy, the room was always clean. The breakfast was fantastic. The Hotel has an excellent location very close to Brighton train station and the bus stops.

Everything was excellent so that is nothing that I didn’t like☺️

The staff was really helpful with me and my daughter and I felt really comfortable with my stay with you☺️

check out was slow, there no leadership there, we waited for ten minutes being ignored, I respectfully asked if anyone can help, I received a scowled and a passive aggressive response which made me feel uncomfortable. It was unacceptable and left me leaving here with a bad taste in my mouth.

restaurant and bar staff friendly, polite and engaging, bedroom, bathroom clean and comfortable.

My son & I have been fortunate to stay several times now. Each time we really look forward to returning & have thoroughly enjoyed ourselves this visit. The staff are always very helpful. Looking forward to booking again soon.

• Standard Double Room with Sofa Bed (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Not on the seafront, so some people might prefer the other Jurys Inn in Brighton as it is, but we liked the fact this was next to the station.

First time at this hotel as we usually use another when in Brighton. We will only be using this one from now on! Arrived 2 hours early but were given complimentary drink from bar whilst getting room ready. Was allowed room an hour early. Beautiful room, huge double and a proper single, not pull out bed that some hotels give you. Duvets and pillows were very sumptuous. Was happy to see little thoughtful extras like iron and board/hairdryer in room, not to mention wifi, all at no extra charge. Other thoughtful touches were plenty of plug and usb sockets in room, tea/coffee, and plenty of big fluffy towels which was very much appreciated! Toileteries in bathroom so in theory you do not have to take bodywash, shampoo or conditioner. Wonderful location, right next to the station. My daughter went to an event at the Dome and it was a 15 minute stroll. Also a pleasant 15 minute stroll to the seafront. Lots of taxis at taxi rank near the hotel should you need one. Must say a HUGE thank you to ENRIQUE on the front desk for his warm welcome and "nothings too much" attitude, that we came to discover during our stay. I hope they realise what an asset to the company he really is.

Great location close to train station and walking distance to tourist attractions. Room was large, clean and comfortable and staff were very helpful and friendly. Great value.

• Standard Double Room with Sofa Bed (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Very loud hen do Squarking women who could have been asked to be a bit more respectful to other diners

Clean Great curtains so no morning light Comfy bed Super bar/restaurant/breakfast

The room was extremely clean, well appointed and comfortable. Ideally located for the older part of town and approximately 15 mins to the Lanes/beachfront

• Standard Twin Room

The loss of a booking due to the hotels failure to speed up a query or was it done intentialy as a stall to hope the query went away

Bar and restaurant staff

I was kept awake until 3.00am by very loud disco music from the room next door. The staff apologized but did not seem able to fix the problem. So I got almost no sleep.

Bar prices were expensive although likely in line with other hotels in the area.

Hotel location was near to station and c. 10 - 15 minutes walk down hill to the Sea Front. All staff were very friendly and helpful. Bar team were excellent. Room was clean, well maintained and quiet. Public areas modern and clean. Would definitely recommend and stay here in the future.

Some hotel parking facilities would have been nice, better indication that there are two Jury's Inns to stop confusion although I don't blame the hotel for that, more the booking.com app which was not clear.

I booked Jurys Inn because I had been there, well I thought I had. There are two Jurys inns in Brighton, this one is not the one on the seafront. That said the hotel staff were very accommodating and the room was accessible for my partner who is mobility impaired. There was a walk in shower and toilet facilities. The location is better if you are travelling into Brighton by train as it is a few minutes from the station and step free via a walkway that is clearly signposted. There is a car park next to the hotel but that is not free and could cost you £26 for one nights stay if you arrive before 17:00 in the afternoon. there are disabled spaces however and there was parking available when we arrived. The staff were very accommodating and the hotel prices are what you expect, around £15 for a burger and chips, that was of a good standard but still a bit expensive considering the food options in Brighton. Getting to the seafront and concert venues could prove problematic for a less mobile couple but there is a taxi rank at the station. Brighton as usual was an excellent venue, we went for a Bill Bailey concert at the Brighton Centre.

No complimentary biscuits, not given a choice of bath or shower, no heated towel rail and breakfast not included. For the £200 pn price tag I would expect much more. Probably worth half that.

Too expensive , breakfast wasn’t included it was on top of 3 night stay £456 (£60 for breakfast & car parking another £47 ) plus when we checked in there was an offer on for marathon runners making it a cheaper stay ( I wished we had booked less nights & knew about the Brighton m offer . I did raise this as I was a marathon entry but as I’d booked more days ..... well it didn’t make for a good fair stay ! Plus no biscuits in the room :-/

Friendly staff & clean

The overall presentation of the hotel. The friendliness of the staff The complementary extras provided to marathon runners as part of the Brighton marathon weekend Nice public areas

My son left his retainers in his room and we called they said housekeeping found it and kept it for us but when we went to collect it, they siad they dont have it. So my son did not get back his retainers and we had to make new one.

the hotel was very clean and new and very close to the train station and the public parking which has a fee.

• Standard Double Room with Sofa Bed (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The restaurant was a little slow with food and the food was sadly bland. Staff were brilliant though and it was handy having a restaurant at the hotel

Room was comfortable and staff amazingly helpful

• Standard Twin Room

I was told the breakfast was on my room but when we went down for the Marathon breakfast it wasn’t ..... we didn’t really have any other option but to pay for it

The stay was very good

• Standard Twin Room

Every thing was excellent food room atmosphere staff😄

Every thing was excellent I felt really home the staff all amazing helping and fabulous place it's not my first time visiting this place went few times but this time with the new look of the hotel just amazing lived every single thing many thanks to the reception staff restaurant staff and bar staff lovely over night stay will go definitely again with friends and family 😘

Didn’t think much of the breakfast

It was nice easy going place to stay. I thought it was a little over priced for what u got. The plug came off the wall but the staff were lovely in dealing with the issue

I felt it was very expensive for a room without breakfast and we made the mistake of eating in the on site restaurant. The food was terrible. The restaurant manager was incredibly apologetic which helped, but we wished we’d popped out to one of the local restaurants...

The location was really good for the railway station, and although we arrived early we were able to check into our room. The hotel is very clean, bright and modern and I can’t fault the front of house staff - they were brilliant.

It is far too expensive, as is most accommodation in the town. More costly than London and parking pushes up prices near to £200 for one night stay. It's comfy and clean but it's not a luxury or boutique hotel, it's a chain on the south coast of England!

Breakfast was great value and good. Good location by station and easy access to the lanes. Comfortable and clean and quiet.

Nothing comes to mind.

For us the position was ideal - right next to the train station. Modern and clean and very pleasant receptionists. Nice breakfast and comfy bed. What more can one say.

• Standard Double Room with Sofa Bed (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The sofa bed in comparison to the bed was completely the opposite when placed into a bed, you are able to feel the metal support digging into your back when placed as a sofa the pillows do not seem to sit on the sofa properly and go all over the place.

The general double bed was wonderful to sleep on. Other than this all service and facilities were perfect. Location is great for the train station however if you want easy access to the beach i would suggest booking in the seaside jury inn.

Heat of the room

The room was lovely clean and comfortable. The only thing was the heat of the room was uncomfortable. After using the bathroom getting dressed felt like you were in a sauna. Unfortunately we never ate here so unable to comment

With regards to our room it would have been nice to have had a 2nd armchair, the room was big enough. Room also needed a mirror above the desk so my wife could sit to do her make up instead of having to stand. Had a meal in the restaurant on our first night which was very disappointing, completely bland for both of us. We ate out after that.

Our superior room was nice and the bed very comfortable and big, 6 pillows! Public areas were very clean and the staff extremely friendly and polite. Breakfast was good with plenty of choice.

Always the price can be better but understand it wasn’t a budget hotel and you get what you pay for in this day and age

It’s was what was expected in a hotel 👌

The heating is set high and I forgot to turn it down, the room was very hot by the time I woke up.

The staff are just so friendly and professional it is a joy just to be there, it is also overall luxurious. We treated ourselves to the cooked breakfast and it was all very nice and well cooked, I was over the moon to see gluten free bread (not having to ask). We also ended up at the bar which had a relaxed and enjoyable atmosphere

Rooms were freezing , heating didn't work had to ring reception twice to get them to turn heat on their end and it still didn't work . Had to have an electric fire in room!! this is not a five star experience !! . Had to change room as first room was so small and bed was tiny in comparison to the other superior room my daughter had, very disappointed we were not given the same style rooms which we had paid for. The whole hotel was cold and uncomfortable as the weather was so bad.

Breakfast was good selection

• Standard Double Room with Sofa Bed (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The staff at this hotel were exceptional, they were friendly, and extremely helpful. Daniela at reception was warm and professional. We were in Brighton to meet up with family so the bar and restaurant met all our needs and was ideal for a meet up with family. The location to the train station is also ideal.

The key card was dificault to use, sometimes worked on the first attempt, other times took a good few minutes to get to work. No toiletries, the toilet roll paper was rough.

The room was clean, plenty of coffee and tea. The staff were great.

• Standard Twin Room

The bedroom and bathroom were very clean and well equipted and the beds were extra comfy. The hotel was refurbished a year ago and all the equipments and deco are new. Very friendly atmosphere, extra breakfasts. Will defenitly stay again.

• Standard Double Room with Sofa Bed (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The only negatives were noise. My room overlooked the street at the hotel rear and there was noise of buses or similar heard on this narrow road in the small hours of the night. Also the air con made an odd noise from time to time. I doubt if these sounds would bother most people but sadly I sleep lightly. Overall, hotel very nice.

Annoying things: no minibar or minifridge, bathroom very basic and worn out, poor quality toiletries, some rooms have interconnecting doors which means you will hear everything from the other room.

Good things about it: location pretty central, furniture rather new and interesting, quiet at night.

The room I had this time wasn’t as good as previous rooms it was noisy as close to the lift

We use this hotel most times when we come to Brighton always good staff excellent

Interconnecting door to next room let a lot of noise through, noise from road outside, heating didn't work, asked to move but fully booked. And please sort out the slamming room doors!

Typically no parking but station car park over the road, or NCP fairly near-by.

Really pleased with the overall experience. Breakfast was of good standard with plenty of variety. Check it reception was superb.

Very small for the price No relaxing chair in room No extras in bathroom eg toothbrush, paste etc. Disturbed all night by slamming doors Loud tv in next room till 3 am And loud voices in the corridor

Good shower

• Standard Double Room with Sofa Bed (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The noise that came from the outlet of the hand basin after the water went down.

The staff are very accommodating and the environment of the hotel is pleasant.

On arrival they was really friendly as soon as they heard it was my birthday they gave us a free bottle of wine and was ready to do anything they could to make are stay comfortable will definitely be going back 😊

Told lady at reception on check out that the hairdryer didn’t work and she told me that it did there’s just this special button on the top which I never saw- an information label on the hairdryer would help

Everything was lovely, room was beautiful, big and well decorated.

• Standard Double Room with Sofa Bed (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Perfect stay. Informed the lady checking us in that it was our 5 year anniversary and she gave us a complimentary drink each! Best hotel we’ve stayed in!

Breakfast not a large selection lot of trays empty especially pastries

Location car park opposite ..bar area good selection of drinks especially pink prosecco 😀

• Standard Twin Room

The room was very hot and you couldn't turn the air con down enough. Had to sleep with the window open all night then got woken up very early by the seagulls

The pillows were not very nice in what was a very comfortable room and bed which was a shame although it didn't spoil the stay.

As soon as we walked we sensed there was a great atmosphere. Staff very friendly. Place was clean and great breakfast.

• Standard Twin Room

your staff are excellent they couldn't do anoth for you loved my stay well needed break I live next 2 grenfell tower my husband is a local fire fighter in north kensington fire stachion