Reviews of DoubleTree by Hilton London Chelsea 4 stars

Imperial Road, Hammersmith and Fulham, London, SW6 2GA, United Kingdom

#364 of 977 hotels in London

staff went out of their way to be helpful and kind -...
    • Double Guest Room

nothing. staff and room were great.

staff went out of their way to be helpful and kind - particularly when they heard the reason for my stay, ie an extremely I'll grandchild in hospital nearby.

considering the fact that we were staying at Hilton I was...

considering the fact that we were staying at Hilton I was surprised that the tpiletteries were npt replaced everyday...towels were repeated..breakfast was rather ordinary ...couldnt get croissants even after several requests

Great location , seemed a quiet area but the train station...
    • Double Guest Room

Better pillows is about the only bad thing I can think of but that’s only because I dislike duck feather pillows!

Great location , seemed a quiet area but the train station is literally a 2 minute walk and on a great line! Room was comfortable and cool which was well needed after walking around in 29 degree weather all day. Food was tasty !!

I enjoyed my stay at the double tree hotel, the room was nice and the bed was comfy. However I found
    • Queen Deluxe Room

The hotel was expensive and also they should include hand wash soap in the hotel room bathrooms.

I liked the location of the hotel,the hotel in general smelt clean and fresh. I liked that the tea and coffee was regularly topped up.

Uncomfortable beds.
    • Accessible Double Guest Room

Uncomfortable beds. Awful showerss - worst i've experienced in a long time and extremely dissapointing for a Doubletree. The height of head was unreachable, the water lukewarm and the water from the head sprayed outward missing my entire body..barely got wet. Seems understaffed. Bar closed early for a hotel bar considering there is no bars or places to eat nearby.

clean and comfortable but out of the way for tourists.
    • Queen Deluxe Room

one subway stop was very close by but not as accessible as it appears on a map. evening travel to the hotel required a long walk from a subway much further away, or a taxi ride. multiple train lines arbitrarily close in evenings. not close to restaurants, but walkable within 15-20 minutes.

quiet location. good mattress. helpful staff.

far from center but worth it
    • Double Guest Room

it is far from earls court. room is not clean enough. there was a soundmaking machine or something i could not figure out in the bathroom. there was shower curtain which i hate.

breakfast was marvelous. it worth every penny. the staff was very nice. they helped us a lot.

Check you've not been charged twice!
    • Double Guest Room

I booked through Booking.com for a double room. Somehow when I arrived this was translated into a booking for TWO rooms and I had to make numerous phone calls and send emails to ensure that I wasn't charged twice. Four days later I still don't know if I have been charged twice or not.

Only ok

staff helpful and food good and v good location

i was disappointed with the bathroom being small and the shower head fell off and nearly hit me on the head, and constantly banging my leg against the bath taps whilst having a shower.

staff helpful and food good and v good location

The hotel and staff were very friendly and helpful.

The hotel and staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was comfortable and clean with all the appropriate accessories included. The hotel is in a lovely part of London but we did find that having to use the overground was time consuming as it doesn’t run as often as the underground. Other than that our experience there was fantastic!

Over priced
    • Double Guest Room

We had nowhere to change prior to room being vacant we were going to Chelsea flower show, so we had to change in the disabled toilet, they didn’t offer any alternative. The shower was hot and cold and pillows were thin as envelopes, not value for money.

Very comfortable

The cost of breakfast at £14/17 for not that much

The beds were very comfortable as were the pillows. This is very important for me as i have chronic back problem Room.very clean and well cared for

Very nice modern hotel with good sized room.

Very nice modern hotel with good sized room. Had a twin room with one double and one single bed but still enough space for two getting ready. Was concerned about the location when arrived in terms of getting around London but actually found it really easy.

Loved the room and location. Tesco across the road a real bonus!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Only disappointment was the room service food. We had 2 different dishes and were unhappy with both. We were contacted by staff immediately after food was delivered to ask if all was ok and we said it was fine as it all looked good and our order was correct. Unfortunately the food itself was not nice at all. Breakfast buffet however was quite nice.

Great sized room and good facilities. Everything catered for. Staff were lovely. Had a great time.

• Accessible Double Guest Room

The hotel is tired and a little worn. When we arrived we were told we had been allocated a disabled room so they were changing it - our room was situated at the back of the hotel overlooking rooms which had various flags hanging from their balconies. No voile curtain at window so we all had a great view of each other. The floor in the bathroom had chips out of it, the duvet cover had a stain on it. No water in the bedroom. We were charged another 30.00 for incidentals - never found out what they were supposed to be - we were assured the money would be returned onto our card but receipt didn’t show this, so we will be checking in a few days. At reception we were asked if we had been happy with our stay - we said no, ‘fine’ was the stock answer - nobody was interested. I presume they can get away with charging the rates they do because of its location - I would have stayed somewhere else if I had known. I chose this hotel because I have stayed in a doubletree hotel in another part of the country and it is a completely different experience - I can’t believe they are part of the same chain.

Did not eat at hotel.

Great short stay in Chelsea.
    • Double Guest Room

Limited eating establishments near by apart from the hotel restaurant. Near by places Mainly open for breakfast or lunch. You would have to travel somewhere for dinner. It’s not a tourist hotel and mainly caters for the business trade. I liked that as it meant no children. Families may not like it. The city was 20 or so minutes away by public transport and would involve either bus and train or changing lines. I didn’t mind this but others might find this distance frustrating.

Though in a none tourist area there was good transport links. The C3 bus got you to earls court tube station. The Imperial Wharf above ground station was around the corner and the tube was one station away. There was also a bus that took you to Fulham station. The Chelsea Harbour jetty is 5 mind walk way where ferry’s to and from the city operate but only at peak commute times. There was a Tesco Express across the road. Staff were friendly and always smiling Great air conditioning.

Good value for money in a lovely part of London

It's been a number of years since waiting/bar staff poured my beer in to the same glass as the previous one!

Location, room size, cleanliness, value

Enjoyable location and hotel, will stay there again.
    • Double Guest Room

Parking was off site, not to far away but very expensive which you sort of expect for that area.

The hotel is really well positioned and relatively quiet, very easy to walk into Chelsea and the Kings Road. The over ground station is just around the corner so you can get anywhere you need in central London easily. The hotel and staff were very good and I found it a very pleasant stay.

Perfectly acceptable room for a short business trip. Great location for Design Centre Chelsea
    • Double Guest Room

The lighting in the room and the bathroom is dreadful. Its fine if you want to create background ambient lighting, but its absolutely hopeless trying to work or do your hair and makeup with no really decent lighting. This is a continuing bug bear . How about a decent magnifying mirror with a light in the bathroom? One of the lights in the room didn't work at all so you're left with bedside lights, a desk lamp and floor lamp. Not good enough really.

Helpful, friendly staff.

Check your bed linen
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

My bed hadn't been changed. I had to call reception to change it because I could see a stain under the sheet. When they removed the sheet there was blood on the mattress topper underneath. I will never stay here again. How can you guarantee you have been given clean linen. If the bed linen had been changed they'd have seen the bloody mattress topper underneath. Still feel sick tbh.

Location was good and breakfast was very nice

not what I was expecting

The hotel is expensive for the value it offers. Furthermore, I was told that I was upgraded to a Quenn Deluxe Room, but the room was looking like a standard room, so I am affraid to think how a standard room was looking like. Than, the room was close to the elevator and I could hear the noise coming from his up and down movements.

Very good value hotel in a rejuvenation area next to the river. Very pleasant and helpful staff.

2 out of 3 calls no one picked up the phone for room service.

The front desk staff, in particular Karina were extremely helpful and pleasant. The room was clean and spacious enough & on special offer rate, this hotel was extremely good value for money.

My stay was awesome

Was maybe a bit too far out from where I needed to be. Also, the lifts were particularly slow and after running a marathon it’s not really an option to walk the 5 flights of stairs to your room.

Loved the size of the room and all facilities there.

We are not sure if we will order agsin through booking because of the mistakes of the reservation

We order room for 3 and every day the room was preapared only for 2. Our reservation included breakfast but the hotel didn’t know about and we had to argue with them every morning

The hottel is very near to the public transportation

Nice hotel but over priced for size of room
    • King Guest Room

Food took an hour to be served. Bar staff not as friendly as at reception & mixing up orders if several received.

Bed was very comfortable. David was very friendly at check-in

very pleasant
    • Double Guest Room

the bed was only a standard double- we are used to larger and not being supplied with standard bathroom toiletries was unusual and a bit mean

breakfast was good

We found the staff were exceptionally helpful and pleasant.

We found the staff were exceptionally helpful and pleasant. Breakfast was a delight and provided much variety and was freshly prepared. The staff were attentive as we never once needed to ask for a top up of tea or coffee. Probably the best breakfast in any hotel.

Very comfortable and enjoyable stay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The shower wasn't the most efficient.

The rooms were a good size and comfortable. The breakfast was excellent with a very good and varied choice available

The reception staff were very friendly, and upon finding out...
    • Queen Guest Room

Bath tub was grimey. My wife wanted a bath buy didn't feel it was hygienic enough.

The reception staff were very friendly, and upon finding out we were having a baby the next day brought some flowers to the room which was a very nice gesture.

Lovely, thank you very much
    • Double Guest Room

The room was a little on the small side but perfect for what we wanted

Comfy bed, clean room, cookie on arrivals - what’s not to love? Good value for a central location, easy to get into central London from this hotel

Not long enough to fully appreciate the hotel!

A little disappointed we had to request shower caps, toothbrushes and toothpaste etc rather than them being already in the bathroom. We needed a shower cap but there was not enough time nor was it appropriate to request it once we found out one was not provided.

The room was pleasant, staff efficient and very welcoming. Loved the warm cookie! The beds were very comfortable and whole hotel was quiet.

Disappointing stay. Not up to expectations.
    • Double Guest Room

Room was small for price and bed small to fit in it. Mean with number of coffees and milk left. Had to ask for more on second day and had to buy our own milk in the end. Fixed high shower. We were given a warm cookie as a ‘gift’ as no biscuits in room for guests. Disappointing for what we paid and had to catch a bus to get to tube, though bus stop close. Have stayed in many places in the world and expected so much more from a Hilton.

Not much.

not up to expectations, price.
    • Queen Guest Room

room was freezing, set heater up to 28C, to find out 2 days later that the room was controlled by central heating from front desk, there should have a notice of this in the room or should increase temperature if freezing outside. stayed there 15 nights, and cleaning of the room could have been much better, needed to leave notes to take dirty glasses out, to have more body lotion.....

All in all a good stay. Thanks for everything.

Rooms were noisy. Room 221 or 223 - can't remember for the first night was so loud I had to change. could hear everything from the foom through inter-leading door. Had to bang on the door. Room 510 was quieter, however the fan in the bathroom blew 24/7, which was quite noisy. There was also some gurgling water noise during the night at times coming from the box on the ceiling at the door. Not sure why the light had to shine all the time - I found it disturbing. All in all - not show-stoppers, but not fit for an "Excellent" rating.

The reception staff were extremely friendly and helpful - 10/10 The staff on the floors were rather unfriendly, I thought (except for one lass on the last day).

Shopping and visiting LONDON

Nice place to stay to visit London and make shopping. Good localization with good connection to whole the town. Personnel very professional and helpful with each issue. Room was big and very comfortable.

Great location, clean.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Requested early check in, then given the wrong room. Then had to wait until an hour after check in time to be given our actual room. Everyone else was given complimentary cookies, and we have been given them in previous stays, but not given any this time. Had to phone 4 times and wait over an hour for two simple things for room service (a pair of scissors and more glasses) with no apologies.

Great location, clean. Complimentary prosecco due to room mishap. Stayed before. Some staff very friendly

Overall a really nice stay, good bar, good bar food and rooms are nice and clean and beds brilliant!
    • Accessible Double Guest Room

We asked for the window in our room to be opened as it was locked for security reasons. I did this twice to be told someone would go and open it, only it never happened :-( When ordering drinks, ask if the customer want straws and stirrers, it could save a lot of plastic and most customers would ask if they really wanted them.

Attentive reception - Warm cookie on arrival - Close to where we needed to be - Fridge in room to keep drinks cold - I like that the lights are switched off at certain times at night to save on the carbon footprint

See above

See above

Not very clean dirty tissue found by chair, floor in bathroom and bedroom not cleaned well bits on floor, water not replenished. However, when I requested a shower cap it was delivered quickly.

Hotel staff very courteous and helpful, despite their...
    • Double Guest Room

Room was small, as was the double bed. Difficult getting out of bed with a chair at side of it. Air Conditioning not working in our room (However a heater was provided as soon as we reported it)

Hotel staff very courteous and helpful, despite their English not being very good in all cases

#ExecSecLIVE2018 London
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Being short (5'2") when in the bath, the grab handle on the wall was too high up. Needed a 2nd handle maybe as well as one on the top edge of the bath. Shower head height not adjustable as fixed quite high up. Although on 3rd floor, the window was locked so couldn't open for fresh air. Aircon doesn't always give that effect.

Clear layout from reception through to my room. Room clean & tidy. Really comfortable bed and pillows.

Loved it, brilliant staff. Needs North Brewing beer in the bar though. www.northbrewing.com

Check in took a while as the computers were glitching.

I forgot my cufflinks, reception were brilliant in helping me out. I love that you have toothpaste & toothbrushes available (even though I brought mine).

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room was only set up for two people even though we booked for three. Upon check in they advised that the actual room we had booked wasn’t available any longer, so we had a smaller one but they had given us a “good view” to compensate. See picture of the view. Not very impressed at all and I don’t think I’d return or recommend

The location of the hotel was good

Good stay
    • Double Guest Room

There some minor flaws which i mentioned ( trash bin not emptied from the previous stay) at the reception. They apologized and comped my room service meal.

Nice location and clean hotel. Good value for money in my opinion.

This hotel is ok for a functional place to stay for a business trip, staff friendly, location ok
    • King Guest Room

I asked for a room that was quiet and unfortunately was given a room that overlooked the road which was incredibly noisy. When I questioned it initially I was told that as I had booked a King Room all of the King rooms overlooked the road. I decided to leave it however, it was so noisy I wouldn't have been able to sleep, so I called reception, who very kindly found me a different, room that was smaller but definitely quieter. The cleaning left a little to be desired, the bathroom in the first room had not been cleaned effectively there were marks on the floor and also when housekeeping came in every day to make the bed they didn't remove any cups or glasses which was unusual in my experience. It is really disappointing that there is no gym or fitness facilities in the hotel, for the price of the hotel you would expect there to be.

I ate in the restaurant on my first night and the food was very good and the service excellent. On the whole the staff where very friendly and extremely helpful. The location was good for me because I was on a course in Chelsea, however it is a bit of a trek into Central London although the over-ground was efficient. If I needed to stay in this area again for business then I would consider staying here, however if I was looking for a hotel for a leisure break it wouldn't be somewhere that I would stay, primarily due to the noise, no gym, location in proximity to Central London and also the bedrooms look out either onto the road or to flats that are directly opposite to the hotel.

Lovely staff, great room for a short business stay.

No net curtains on the window which looked directly into other rooms.

Great selection for breakfast, cooked and continental. Lovely staff on reception and in the restaurant.

-Small bed +Everything else was great
    • Double Guest Room

The bed was too small in the double room there was one medium- size bed and one small single bed who both were too short.

Great location. Nice staff especially Mr. Bakshi the manager was very helpful they sent me this nice box of chocolates for my birthday which was nice.

Great hotel, will definitely book here again.

Great hotel, will definitely book here again. Nicole Greene is a real asset to the reservations team, she was extremely helpful with any amendments we needed to make.

We arrived they welcomed us with a lovely warm cookie tasted...
    • Double Guest Room

The view wasn’t the best ..and the bed was rather small for me and my partner he fell off it at one point of the night which we found hilarious he is 6 foot 2 after all 😂 (I did ring up to see if we could get a bigger room but I guess they where all full .

We arrived they welcomed us with a lovely warm cookie tasted delicious:)..rooms where very clean and overall it was decent for what I payed .

We had a great overnighter! Staff, meals , service & help with anything we asked.

The two ladies on reception couldn't have been more pleased to see us if we were relatives. Warm cookies, very nice, quiet room CAR PARKING across the road, perfect.

Very convenient location. Close to train station, and would stay there again.

Bar staff could have been more attentive.

Nice quiet location and the train station is very close to the hotel. Very friendly staff at reception counter.

Excellent value for money
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Greeted with warm cookies. The room was ready on our arrival 11.00am was not expecting to get room until 2.00pm. Reception could not do enough for us. Would definitely use again

Great breakfast
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Still haven’t received my email receipt. No explaination of the £30 deposit then have to wait 3-4 working days to have it returned. They said my booking was for two but I have confirmation it was for three. Food in the bar wasn’t great. Sorry

Great breakfast

Free cookies on arrival and departure was a great touch!
    • Accessible Double Guest Room

Free cookies on arrival and departure was a great touch! Both team members on the counter were both very happy which always makes me feel good about staying somewhere.

Wonderful place overall.
    • Double Guest Room

Bath was too small. Eggs went a bit rubbery but this expected when eggs sit out for a while.

Bed was really comfy. Views weren’t too bad. Decent transport links. Free cookies!!!

Perfect for businessmen.
    • Queen Guest Room

Bad treatment of room not being available at the right time. Two times we had to wait for our room. Maike ended the whole story by giving us an upgrade of our room so we could make use of a room immediately. Thanks for that !!!

Not too far from Fulham Broadway, quiet hotel, the intervention of Maike, who made an end to our frustrations because of non availability of our room by 15.00hrs.

The location was close to transit, although a bit of the...

The cleaning staff was behind schedule. Twice they didn't get to our room by the time we returned to our room in the late afternoon.

The location was close to transit, although a bit of the city center. Very helpful staff and wonderful breakfast.

Staff is very friendly and forthcoming.

Restaurant and bar are quite sad in terms of decoration. Quality of food in the restaurant is mediocre.

Staff is very friendly and forthcoming. Loved the warm and fresh chocolate chip cookie that staff present guests with upon checkin.

Adequate hotel for my one night stop

One particular receptionist who checked me in was not very helpful. I asked her if she could tell me where Bagleys Lane (the next street to the hotel) was ? She said she didn't, but when I said I thought it was the next street - she said "Oh - there is nothing there - what do you want to go there for ?" When I informed her I was attending an inquest at the West London Coroners Court - all she could do was giggle in an embarrassed fashion like a young school girl.

Room was spacious & clean. Staff mostly helpful and friendly.

Other than the wrong food . The stay was just as we hoped for. Convienent to where we wanted to go.
    • Double Guest Room

The menu at the restaurant said one thing but when order arrived it was not as on the menu. The staff didn't even know if it was right or wrong they had to go and check. This was for main meal and dessert. We parked in the wrong car park as not very well sign posted for the hotel car park and it cost a lot more.

Everthing was right there, didn't have to go far to get anything. Ie; lifts,stairwell. Bar, restaurant etc

Great friendly hotel

No drop off/ pick up area outside the front

All the staff very friendly and helpful we dined in the restaurant for dinner and it was fantastic best steak I’ve had for a long time !

6.0
    Meh

Couldn’t pay with Maestro. Had to get cash out opposite the hotel. The beds were rubbish. We are all quite tall and the beds were just not big enough plus very poor. Room could have been cleaner.

Really nice location. Near the overground and easy to get into the city. Staff was very friendly. Supermarket opposite hotel

Staff is helpful and friendly.

Room was very small especially with a cod in the room! Everyday cleaning was not always ideal. Trashes remained fool sometimes. access to the city center takes 40 minutes.

Staff is helpful and friendly.

Terrible, service and rooms are not what i would expect from a Hilton Double Tree
    • Double Guest Room

We often use the Leeds Double Tree which is exceptional every time both service and the rooms so i cannot express how disappointed we were with the service which was disastrous and the information provided by the staff on our way in to the hotel caused us to be late for the meeting our whole visit was planned for and we are still waiting to find out if the business deal we were hoping to conclude is still on the table. After explaining this to the staff they firstly lied and denied they provided the incorrect information and then secondly tried to offer us some vouchers for drinks etc which we were not in the mood to enjoy.

The bed was comfy

Good location but rather noisy
    • King Guest Room

The hotel is on a road that is noisier than it looks on the map, and there was a lot of noise from mopeds and scooters. I booked the hotel given previous excellent experience of this chain in London, but this was a bit disappointing in comparison with others.

I like the location of the property near the river and easy walking through to Chelsea. The room was reasonably comfortable and spacious.

Good place to stay.
    • Queen Deluxe Room

The location... the hotel is near the overgorund station but the train does not come and go often. It is better for you to know a time table of the train. And the staff.. some are very kind but others are very unkind.

My room was good. A bed in the room was very comfortable, also. Breakfast was above the average. The hotel is near a overground station, so it takes just 2~3 minutes to go to the hotel by walk from the station. There is a TESCO Express store in front of the hotel, it is a very good!

The staff here were lovely.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff here were lovely. Due to a family emergency we had to check out in the early hours and the reception staff were fantastic in helping us check out efficiently. Will definitely stay here again and also recommend to family and friends 😊

Enjoyed our stay and would probably stay there again.

There didn't appear to be a lot around the hotel ie. Bars, restaurants etc, had a good 10-15 minute walk before you got onto Kings Road.

Beds extremely comfortable, room very spacious and plenty of hot water for a nice bath, although the bath was rather on the small side.

Good hotel, value for money mostly because of location

The twin room was quite small. There was one double bed and one single bed in it, but the room itself was most likely the same size as a double. Didn't bother me that much though.

I liked the staff. They were very friendly and helpful. I got free cookies at check-in, which was a nice touch:)

Excellent hotel, great location.
    • King Guest Room

Clean, comfortable and quiet hotel. Very friendly staff, nice bar and very close to Imperial Wharf station and buses to Earls Court. There is also a supermarket and cafe across the road, and nice pubs nearby.

Decent hotel but nothing to shout about.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room decor was a little dated, TV's are very small nowadays, cleanliness of room could have been better.

Breakfast excellent & bar/restaurant area good. Nice touch of warm chocolate cookie on arrival.

We were very pleased with the staff and facilities and would rebook with Hilton
    • Queen Deluxe Room

Feel that decor is a little dated. Did not like having to ask for shower cap would have been happier if it was supplied in room.

Very friendly Staff all were very helpful and informative both at reception and in the dining room. We had a problem with the safe in out room. The problem was identified quickly by security. Reception staff placed our valuables in the hotel safe while the repair was being carried out .

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Location-whilst it had excellent transport links it was too out of the way for us so next time we will stay by Covent garden

Loved the breakfast, staff were lovely and great check in experience-our room was ready at 11am and we got a freshly baked cookie!

Every one our party happy
    • Double Guest Room

No fresh air in the room , air con ok but not like the real thing

The breakfast was wonderful as ever everything fresh and staff on hand for any additional requirements, our room was comfortable and spacious

OK.
    • Double Guest Room

The room was dirty and there was a lot of noise from the road so I assume the windows were not sound proofed.

The location was great and the warm cookie on arrival was nice. Tea making facilities were good.

Excellent hotel with professional and helpful staff.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

A return trip to Under The Bridge night club at Stamford Bridge home of Chelsea FC. Also to shop and visit old stomping grounds along the Kings Road and surrounding area. Like that the hotel is within walking distance of everything I need and Imperial Wharf station is literally minutes away from the hotel. Staff are professional and friendly. Rooms clean. Beds comfortable ensuring decent night's sleep. Breakfast choice extensive.

Browse DoubleTree by Hilton London Chelsea traveller photo gallery