Reviews of Jurys Inn Exeter 4 stars

Western Way, Exeter, EX1 2DB, United Kingdom

#9 of 19 hotels in Exeter

• Standard Double Room (2 Adults)

Paid for a tiny room,i have paid alot less for a bigger room. I have stayed at Jury's Inn before so was dissapointed and wont be returning to any of their hotels

I liked how helpful the staff were

• Standard Double Room (2 Adults)

No shaver points in the bathroom. Bathroms (in the least expensive rooms) basic but clean and functional.

Town centre hotel with friendly staff. It's a new hotel, with modern facilities and is clean and tidy. Restarant and bar were busy but well staffed. Public car park opposite with well above average security.

• Standard Triple Room (3 Adults)

The friendliness of the staff was great, as was the location and cleanliness. The Bedroom was a bit hot for my liking and the bed a little small but I had a good night's sleep.

Bar prices were very expensive, food was also very highly priced for what it was. Mediocre

Easy to find. Clean, really comfortable beds, good tv. Tea and coffee in the room plus an iron and ironing board which is very handy indeed!

• Standard Double Room (2 Adults)

Great location, all a little tired and the rooms are average I would say. The premier Inn out of town wouod have been a better choice as this does not represent good value for money. Perhaps for the Holiday maker it does but not for Business. Parking is rubbish!!

• Standard Double Room (2 Adults)

Wow. I asked for a bath, quiet, a fresh air window that opened on a top floor with a view and light as I was working on a project many hours of the day, and Wow, received all I asked for. Comfortable large room, great bed and linen and superb hot water baths. I got so much done and my only complaint is when I wanted to extend my stay for another week the price had skyrocketed so I had to book elsewhere. Very pleased!

• Standard Double Room (2 Adults)

I was able to hear a conversation in the next room, to be fair it was a loud but not shouting conversation, more like one you hear from people who have had a few beers and just have a higher volume, but normal conversation was not heard.

Room had plenty of space, free wifi, shower was hot, air conditioning perfect, I would stay again.

• Standard Double Room (2 Adults)

I was allocated an accessible room which was not requested. Lighting in the room was very harsh and the bed was too small and uncomfortable.

Service was friendly and efficient.

• Standard Double Room (2 Adults)

I'm not sure how the information was presented on your website, but from the information I expected both for the hotel to have parking, and breakfast included. Both were available at extra cost.

• Standard Double Room (2 Adults)

The hotel was full, and as a result, several items at the bar and in the menu were not available, which is always annoying. Also, I didn’t like my ground floor room; having stayed previously, the upstairs rooms are nicer.

• Standard Double Room (2 Adults)

The double bed was not wide enough for both of us.. It made for a very unbearable nights sleep.

The breakfast was far better than we expected based on travel reviews we had read. The parking arrangement was excellent. It allowed us to focus on the Open Day and return at the end of the day.

• Standard Double Room (2 Adults)

The hotel was conveniently situated and appeared to be well run by helpful staff. My only negative comment is that the hot breakfast food should have been hotter, otherwise it was a good breakfast and a comfortable overnight stay.

• Standard Triple Room (3 Adults)

On our arrival we bought at the reception 3 breakfast vouchers for the following day but on that morning our daughter decided to sleep longer and don't have breakfast. So we informed the waiter that only 2 of us were having breakfast and we were told that we could ask at the reception a refund for it but later at the reception they said that it wasn't their policy to refund breakfast vouchers and that they were sorry for the wrong information received.

nice and clean room,comfy beds, breakfast was very rich with a wide range of choice.

• Standard Double Room (2 Adults)

We were in Exeter to see the granddaughter in her final production before graduation. The location was very convenient as we could walk everywhere. Rooms surprisingly quiet with the windows closed! Bed quite comfortable also. Good value for money.

• Standard Double Room (2 Adults)

Nothing to complain about.

Very thoughtful and welcoming staff. Thank you to Thierry on reception for being so kind to upgrade our room. Very well located, clean and comfortable. Would definitely stay here again. Excellent customer service. Good value for money. Parking very convenient too.

• Standard Double Room (2 Adults)

The only thing I see it’s wrong is booking the double bedroom but I didn’t expect to stayed in a disabled room. Plus the price of breakfast is so expensive for 1 person worth £11.50. I still going to stay there in Jury’s Inn.

I like the hotel as it’s easy access to town, bus station and other shops. Breakfast outside the hotel is worth £11 for two people.

• Standard Double Room (2 Adults)

There was no towel rack in the bathroom - not even a hook on the door. Where are we supposed to hang damp towels? I prefer to reuse my towel instead of get a new one every day.

The location was very close to city centre, and the public parking lot next to the hotel was very convenient and cheap. It was nice to have a window that could be opened for fresh air.

• Standard Double Room (2 Adults)

The food was not great! It cost me £15 for burger and chips that can only be described as average food. Furthermore, I was charged £7.50 for room service. The car park will not fit tall vehicles either however there is another car park behind the hotel

The hotel is smart within its presentation. It offers a beautiful, comfortable, yet spacious rooms with quality level of air conditioning.

• Standard Double Room (2 Adults)

Upon arrival the key card did not work so I had to go down to get it reset. Then I didn’t understand how to get the lights turned on. He came up with me this time to show how a key card had to be used but why didn’t he tell me in the first place. I’ve never seen such a thing! Second day once again my keycard didn’t work.

Bed was very comfortable

• Standard Double Room (2 Adults)

Darkest bathroom I have ever experienced. Difficult to shave, had to do it by touch rather than sight (would have been even more difficult with electric shaver as no obvious socket). Handy car park across the road but had to walk all round the block to get in.

Staff very pleasant.

• Standard Triple Room (3 Adults)

Booked a triple room was put in a disabled room, bathroom floor flooded as water didn't drain away quick enough. Woken at 6.30am by a delivery lorry at the back of the property delivering the laundry or food I believe, this went on for 1/2 hour. I wasn't asked at checkout if I had enjoyed my stay which if I was I would have mentioned these points.

• Standard Double Room (2 Adults)

That when I got some iced water from the ice machine there were bits floating in it

Of all the hotels I stay in the comfiest bed and pillows has been at The Jury's Inn. It's location is great and the staff are so very friendly

• Standard Triple Room (3 Adults)

Bar and restaurant area wasn't cleared often enough, with resultant 'sticky tables'.

Room was fantastically clean and the bed and linen very comfy.

• Standard Triple Room (3 Adults)

Lack of parking despite booking.com saying it had some. Expensive small room with no breakfast. Got a double despite asking for twin room, booking.com’s and my error apparently, although this was eventually sorted out.

Not at lot.

• Standard Double Room (2 Adults)

Not so great of views depending on what room, but not their fault

Was extermely comfortable, room was clean and well presented, staff were very friendly, security guard was lovely, felt very safe and secure, no problem was too big, overall hotel was amazing, was very happy with 2pm check in and being able to check out up until noon, was the cheapest hotel for our nights stay, would say it is way way better than any premier inn or travel lodge! Location is nice and out the way of town. Will defently be staying again!

• Standard Double Room (2 Adults)

I forgot my AirPods on the room. I called them and I insisted that they were there and finally they find them. Tks! Very nice place to be in Exeter with helpful staff.

• Standard Double Room (2 Adults)

It was noisy on the street below. The room felt dark and not altogether welcoming. Just the atmosphere of the room itself. I think. The room was a fair sizealthough not massive. The bed was dipped in the middle and mattress was not comfortable and I didn’t sleep

The service. The room was clean. Bathroom was big and there was a lot of hot water

• Standard Double Room (2 Adults)

Nothing really... oh just remembered there wasn't a Hairdryer or Safe in the room.

The bed was very comfortable and we had a room at the back which was nice and quiet. Staff was very helpful and friendly.

• Standard Double Room (2 Adults)

Poor quality of food at breakfast. No proper dining room. Discouraged us from eating there

Comfortable beds, helpful staff. Car park across road but very secure

• Standard Double Room (2 Adults)

Staff were very welcoming, talkative and friendly. Had a free drink given when there were computer issues. Used room service and was kindly waived the tray charge after having telephone issues. Location perfect for access to nightclubs, cinemas, and bars. Could not have asked for a more positive stay!

• Standard Triple Room (3 Adults)

Coffee at breakfast was not great. Also, they had run out of butter. Tables not cleared so when we came down for breakfast around 10:30 there were no clean, laid tables

Room was nice and quiet

• Standard Double Room (2 Adults)

The reception staff were very kind when a member of my group fell ill and was hospitalised. They arranged for a taxi for me to go to Portsmouth hospital at almost midnight, kept my room for me for a late checkout as I could not get back to check out in time and were generally very compassionate. They could not have done more for me at a difficult time. Thank you to those of you on duty in reception on 29/30th April 2018. Well done.

• Standard Double Room (2 Adults)

There was nothing that we didn't like

Excellent facilities very comfy bed good sized room and easy walking distance to city centre also they provide an iron and ironing board in every room

• Standard Double Room (2 Adults)

One night only so didn't use the facilities. We were a little concerned about the car parking as we had bikes on the back of our car. As we were visiting our son we left them with him as didn't like the idea of leaving them in the car park.

• Standard Double Room (2 Adults)

It was a shame the breakfast isn’t included in the price but it’s still a wonderful hotel for the location as plenty of foodie places in the area.

It was very easy access to the city, walking distance! And also very close to the cinema and the bus station. Beds were very comfy and all very clean! The staff we welcoming and also very helpful with any help needed.

• Standard Double Room (2 Adults)

We weren't warned about the fire alarm test that they do every morning, scared us very much and caused us to go into panic mode. Luckily, a very lovely cleaning lady reassured us.

Staff were super friendly and helpful, 24 hour reception was great and the room exceeded standards!The bed was amazing and great sized space for two people.

• Standard Double Room (2 Adults)

Being woken at 6.15 am by bin collectors & then deliveries. My room was immediately above the bin store and service area. Not impressed.

Easy access to town centre

• Standard Double Room (2 Adults)

I wanted to sleep in in the morning, but sadly you could hear the cleaners they seemed to be loitering around my room cleaning other peoples rooms (I had a do not disturb sign)

The bed was exceptionally comfortable, pillows were perfect.

• Standard Double Room (2 Adults)

The room temperature was a little warn during the night.

Very comfortable room and I was pleased with the facilities supplied within our room. The breakfast was superb!

• Standard Double Room (2 Adults)

Loud voices of the public in the corridor/,outside during the night

The fragrance in the lobby on entering Comfortable seating area Costa coffee Comfortable bed Very clean

• Standard Triple Room (3 Adults)

The only reason I wouldn't give this ten out of ten was the food. It was over priced and not very nice. Part of the dish was cold and the ice cream dessert was served one minute after the main course, so it had melted by the time we could eat it.

The staff were super helpful and friendly. Beds were large and comfortable.

• Standard Double Room (2 Adults)

Bed sheet was a reject had a hole in it. And dust hanging from ceiling also rubbing finger along top of door frames ect created enough dust for breathing problems.

Bed was comfy

• Standard Triple Room (3 Adults)

The food is awful. I’ve stayed here a couple of times now and on both occasions my dinner was dreadful. On my last stay I actually had the duty manager come and see what was served to me via room service. The rooms are clean and functional but tired and dark. I will stay elsewhere in future.

Clean and comfortable, but not sure where the 4 stars come from.

• Standard Double Room (2 Adults)

Location perfect for shopping. Car park behind hotel very easy and affordable. The room absolutely spotless, the beds were the most comfortable we’ve ever stayed in. Duvet and pillows amazing (so much so we found the labels and are contemplating buying for our home). Very quiet no noise from other guests. The best thing was that the bathroom actually had a bath! All staff extremely friendly and breakfast was great. Very very good value for money!

Nothing could be better. No complaints 🤗

The bed was very comfy and the room quiet and good blackout curtains and I overslept for the first time in ages. Great breakfast. Lots of variety. Liked the ice and water machine outside the bedrooms.

• Standard Double Room (2 Adults)

I did have lipstick on my glass and served uncooked chicken but the staff were great at dealing with the issues.

Friendly staff, couldn't do enough. Bed very comfy, good size bathroom, food lovely.

• Standard Double Room (2 Adults)

We were allocated a disabled room though we are both able bodied. This was due to arriving early and being told we could check in immediately and that the disablement adaptations were no problem to non disabled. The room was terrible particularly the bathroom. The was very limited flat surfaces to place toiletries etc., the shower was awful and arrangement of lavatory and sink too close despite there being a lot of space available. The sink was set for a wheelchair user and is far too low for me at 6 feet tall.

Breakfast was good

• Standard Double Room (2 Adults)

The second key card didn't work and the heating was a little tricky to work out. Parking is a bit awkward, as I used the Triangle car park as it was cheaper than Summerlands, but you have to put more money on at 8am!

Good location and comfy bed

• Standard Double Room (2 Adults)

The room was a little stuffy at times and we had to keep the window open which let in noise from outside. During the night there were cars playing loud music parked outside which was strange but once it was shut we couldn’t hear anything from outside so was impressed by that. We were on the 1st floor and felt safe with the window open at least. This has nothing to do with the hotel really but was the only “negative” I could think of. Everything else was great!!

Great central location to the town centre, once I had parked up I walked everywhere comfortably. The multi-story car park opposite the hotel is safe and you can pay £9 at the hotel for the whole stay (I stayed 3 nights so this was very reasonable in my opinion!) All of the staff were smiley and greeted us which was lovely. Great value for money and a perfect hotel to stay in to stay local to the centre.

• Standard Triple Room (3 Adults)

The pillows were too thick, the duvet too warm and the bed too hard, especially for mother and baby. We hardly slept.

The location is great and the room spacious enough

• Superior Triple Room

The room was a little bit small but fine!

It was my birthday and the kind staff gave me and my friends an excellent welcome with a free bottle of wine! Great service and facilities!

• Standard Double Room (2 Adults)

For basic room had it not been an offer I would have considered it over priced, I understand the corporate aspect but for a private booking it was expensive at full price.

Quiet and comfortable, very professional and courteous staff.

• Standard Double Room (2 Adults)

no Becks beer on draught and another beer also not available - bar was not well stocked. Mattress was small and hard. When my husband moved on his side of the bed I was moved from mattress movement - it was like a water mattress - didn't sleep well both nights.

Staff very friendly and helpful in the restaurant -

• Standard Double Room (2 Adults)

Room allocation could have been a lot better away from the stag & hen parties coming back noisily at 3:30 am and continue to shout and scream in their rooms.

Central location and comfort.

• Standard Double Room (2 Adults)

Awful bed - worn out and it had a collapsed section, fortunately only on one side. In fairness to the staff, I was too tired to report in the evening so didn't report until the morning. The reception staff indicated that they would report to their maintenance team.

Great Staff, comfortable lounge and good breakfast.

Sound insulation from corridor was not the best, disturbed by inconsiderate late (after midnight) arrivals and similarly inconsiderate early morning (05:30) leavers. Not really the Hotels fault.

Staff were friendly and accommodating, generous breakfast, very comfortable bed, extremely clean and well decorated in all areas. Additional voucher system for free coffee and 10% discount on in-stay purchases.

• Standard Triple Room (3 Adults)

The door entry system to the rooms is flawed very flawed I had a party of 27 and there was lots of complaints one chap came to reception 5 times!! !!!!! before it got sorted out

Room was very nice, hotel in general was very nice,Alice davies was a fantastic help and should be promoted or have a pay rise because she certainly saved the day

• Standard Triple Room (3 Adults)

The only fault I can find with the hotel is that there was no floor mat after getting out the shower. It was completely fine for me, however maybe some customers would slip if they are unsteady on their feet.

Upon arrival I was greeted with an extremely friendly receptionist who made me feel instantly at home. He was very helpful and answered all questions I had with ease. The overall layout and cleanliness of the hotel was immaculate. The bedroom was spacious and comfortable - with more than enough tea and coffee supplies! The breakfast the following morning was also exceptional and good value for money! It has easy access to the city centre and has car parks just outside as well.

• Standard Double Room (2 Adults)

I would liked to have had a small fridge in the bedroom.

Friendly, very clean and happy atmosphere. When I asked for help - only to book a taxi at the last minute very early in the morning on my day of departure, the receptionist speedily answered my phone call, arranged the taxi in no time, all done with efficiency and a very friendly voice over the phone. The people at the bar and restaurant were all very polite and friendly, it was a lovely environment. Definitely recommend staying here.

• Standard Double Room (2 Adults)

The staff were rude and very unhelpful. We ordered morning papers , when we went to collect them we were told they had forgotten to order them. There were lots of black hairs in the shower so obviously not been cleaned! The view out of the window was a brick wall. We were met by loud banging on the wall from a service room for over 2 hours at 3 in the morning!

• Standard Double Room (2 Adults)

Happy with the location of Jury's Inn Exeter, staff and room. Convenient private parkings both in front and at the back of hotel, if travelling by car.

• Standard Double Room (2 Adults)

The bedside lights were too dim and badly placed for reading in bed.

It's friendly staff. Convenience to the centre of Exeter and to the places we wanted to go.

Nothing it was all fine

Thought the staff were friendly and always had a smile or were willing to chat. Which in my opinion is much better than anything else.

• Standard Double Room (2 Adults)

Small double bed 4'6 or possibly 5foot. Mattress of poor quality and well past its sell by date and slopes towards the middle when trying to sleep. No other complaints other than a sleepless night.

• Standard Triple Room (3 Adults)

Limited parking means a longer stay would be difficult. No breakfast options ie wife and daughter want a coffee and croissant type breakfast but only a full breakfast price of £12 on offer - so we all went out for breakfast instead.

Location, cleanliness and comfort.

• Standard Double Room (2 Adults)

Told us to park in NCP and said they would validate. When we checked out they charged us £9. Wouldn’t mind if this was told at the start. Room was tiny and could barely fit 2 of us in and not even anywhere to hang a towel

Standard city centre room. Not a lot of space.

• Standard Triple Room (3 Adults)

My room was in a bad location, situated right in front of the elevators. It meant a bit too much noise (talking people waiting for the elevator, the elevator chime when it arrives, housekeeping and room service trolleys).

The staff is very nice and helpful. Loved that everyday housekeeping would leave me new cookies in the room. Very good bar area where you can sit and relax or work. In-house restaurant with good dishes is perfect to stay in on those (many) rainy days when you don't want to walk outside. The hotel location was also perfect for me, just 5min away from my work place and 10min from Exeter's major shopping street.

• Standard Double Room (2 Adults)

Car parking could have been easier

The staff were exrtremly friendly and helpful Both with regard to their own facilities and those in Exetre. We went for my birthdaty and I aws rewqarded wirth a completely nuneexpected card and gift.card and gift Well done Jury's

• Standard Double Room (2 Adults)

Thank you to the staff at Jury's for making my friends birthday extra special with the little touches. Look forward to staying again some time in future!!

The weather , but you couldn't do anything about that . Ha ha

Just a very pleasant comfortable stay I couldn't fault it for the amount it cost Great value for money

• Standard Double Room (2 Adults)

Very hard to find fault, if I had to say something then it would be the corridor light was bright and shine under my door all night.

I walked in and noticed the polite friendly staff and the clean and nice decor. Checked into my room and noticed the comfy looking bed. Tried it out and the bed did not disappoint. Tea and coffee facilities and a spacious and clean bathroom. The room was a little chilly to start with and I put the heating on and it was warmer when I returned from dinner. A 5 minute stroll into the central area and 10 minutes to the cathedral. The car park across as the road, whilst it was not free was convenient.

• Standard Double Room (2 Adults)

Really nice hotel, couldn't fault it whatsoever. Warm welcome, comfortable bed, great WiFi, and breakfast was lovely (especially the freshly poached eggs!). Big shoutout to James on the bar that night, he was very professional and friendly, nothing was a problem for him, an asset to the company!

• Standard Double Room (2 Adults)

Long time to check in. Staff did not acknowledge us. Breakfast was a bit disorganised not great quality but varied selection

Very clean and quiet room. Central location

• Standard Triple Room (3 Adults)

The bath room was very small and a shower with handle is preferred by me.

The breakfast was on time because had an early morning travel plan but breakfast was readily available

• Standard Double Room (2 Adults)

Tables not cleared in breakfast area/dirty tables in bar area

Bedroom - albeit small - had all of the essentials. Ground floor room with a view of the car park. Bed was very comfortable. Self service breakfast was fine - although inadequately staffed - tables not being cleared away and many guests had to over flow into the bar area. Tables there were not very clean