Reviews of Jurys Inn Sheffield 4 stars

119 Eyre Street, Sheffield, S1 4QW, United Kingdom

#12 of 28 hotels in Sheffield

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I had to keep resetting the time and date on the TV to use the TV guide. Also, the car parking reduction system didn't work for my fob.

Everything was freshly decorated and the beds were comfy. Also enjoyed breakfast

• Standard Double Room (2 Adults)

Staff Not Overly Polite, No Instructions As To Where Lifts Are Located To Access Room, Currently Being Referubed Downstairs So No Physical Reception Other Than A Make Shift Table. Right Next To The Hotel There Is A Large Building Being Demolished And The Noise From 7am - 5PM is Horrific. Not Mention Of This Prior To Booking, Nothing On The Website Either. Wouldn’t Go Back

Room Was Nice & Well Equipped.

• Standard Double Room (2 Adults)

Bit noisy due to renovations but has to be done sometime and stopped early evening so was not a problem

Property being refurbished looked lovely and clean.

• Standard Double Room (2 Adults)

There was renovation work going on during my stay which I'm sure will make the hotel look lovely but I wouldn't have stayed there had I known. The work was noisy in the morning. The shower was very poor, low pressure and impossible to control the temperature. The stay wasn't cheap so felt like very poor value for money.

Very comfy bed. Hotel close to railway station

• Standard Double Room (2 Adults)

Staff were rude to my friend. I had a room opposite the lift which was very noisy and the shower was too small. Hotel was undergoing renovation but this was not specified at the time of booking

Close proximity to city centre

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Staff uninterested at reception I had a rude gentleman that when I checked in a queried paying because I thought I already had he just said no and shoved the card reader in my face.

Nice room

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The duvet was a thick feather duvet more suited to Winter, therefore as it was June we were extremely hot and didnt sleep too well during the night. A summer weight duvet would have been preferable. The Hotel was having building work done, with a lot of drilling and hammering. We were unaware of this when we booked. Apart from the above we enjoyed our stay.

The facilities in the bar were excellent and the bar food was very good.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Jury's was under construction when I stayed and I had a twin room where one of the beds was smaller than the other (I wish they were the same size). The bed size is good for a couple in the big bed and and kids on the smaller bed, but for two friends I wished that they were the same size.

This hotel was close to the event I attended. It was clean, rooms were bigger than what you would get in London and the rate I got it for was good. An improvement they can do is to have better lighting so the ladies can see what they are doing and the shower could be improved with a detachable nozzle. I've stayed at a lot of hotels in the UK and this hotel was a good value for the rate I paid.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

There was no fridge in the room.

The room was clean and comfortable and staff friendly and helpful. Very conveniently located for Sheffield Docs Festival.

• Standard Double Room (2 Adults)

They were refurbishing the foyer area during my visit and between that and the busyness of DocFest it took a long time to check in. I also wish the room had a mini fridge for storing milk etc.

The location is amazing (I was there for DocFest and it's really handy for all of the festival venues), the room was quiet (I was on the 4th floor facing the car park, which I think helped), and the bed comfy! The staff are also really friendly.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

First experience with this chain, but would definitely go back -- staff were great, rooms very clean and decent size, breakfast was good. The price was so affordable, I was expecting more corners cut, but I really have no complaints.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Our room was a bit noise due to the fact that we had a connecting door between two rooms. We had too much noise coming from the other room

Nice and clean room. It’s a great location to walk in a few minutes down town

• Standard Double Room (2 Adults)

I had requested a quiet room through booking.com. The room allocated had an adjoining door so I could hear everything the two ladies next door were chatting about. On requesting to move I was told I arrived too late and the hotel did not get my special request. Very disappointed with Jurys. I expected better. There was no bath in the room and the kettle was broken.

Finally moving rooms on my second night. On checking out, the manager offered a refund for the first night. If it comes through, this goes some way to make up for the first night.

• Standard Double Room (2 Adults)

The only issue I had was needed to step into the shower to closed the bathroom door, not very practical and no shelf above sink to leave your toiletries.

Even though it's undergoing a major refurbishment this had no effect on our stay, there was no noise that we could here and no mess - very well managed. Our room was comfortable with all the normal facilities - great for an over night stay.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The staff could use a lot of customer service skills. I was traveling on business and was asking queries about the best place to get office supplies, utilize the internet ( internet cafe or library). They just said 'i dont know'. They didnt attempt to use the internet or anything. I felt this way everytime I asked for a suggestion. Typically I do research myself but it was a last minute trip and my phone was dead. Secondly, i reserved a late check out and asked the lady receptionist to activate my key as it deactivated after 12pm on check out date. She gave me a nasty attitude and said your key deacticated as it is after 12pm. I pointed out that i had a late check out. She apologized , and admitted she had not read the file. She was embarrassed, because she knew she was wrong. Elizabeth

Nice, clean, comfortable.

• Standard Triple Room (3 Adults)

Too warm. Bathroom floor dirty and wet when we arrived late in the evening. Found out in morning that the sink would not drain, soncalled reception, who said someone would come up. No-one came and we checkied out.

Nice big room, great for 3 guests.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Reception / check . Jessica told us that our request for 2 double rooms ( and 1 twin room ) had not been actioned and we had 3 twin rooms. After a very difficult conversation she changed one room to a double room. It was a stressful start to our stay .

Comfy beds

• Standard Double Room (2 Adults)

There was a bit of a queue when checking in and the bathroom was a bit small

Extremely comfortable bed, good location, newly refurbished clean room, staff were friendly and discounted parking

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Used the hotel as base whilst the Snooker was on. Absolutely perfect what we wanted, just a base for the night. Good comfy beds, polite and informative staff and got a great price too.

• Standard Double Room (2 Adults)

The door card stops working every time we came back. Small issue, just a bit annoying. The guests next door were having party. The room actually quite sound proof, but their music were too loud. The hotel manager were quick to respond though, which was good

The staff were friendly and willing to help. Can store luggage after check out is very useful. Comfortable bed.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

My tv didn’t work My toilet seat was broken Your staff tryed to fix the tv but couldnt The toilet seat never got touched

Everything and everyone were great

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The property was excellent. Faultless apart from the upgrading of bar which was closed. The stay was spoilt by a big party of noisy guests arriving at 4.00am in our floor and waking us up! Not the hotel's fault at all and probably a one off.

Clean, comfortable, easy parking at Europark next door. Efficient check in.

• Standard Double Room (2 Adults)

Awful stay to stay the least. We chose this hotel as we had heard reputable views on from friends and we were supporting a good friend of hours who was playing at Code evening of the 25th May. We did not get in until early hours as his set was not until later in the evening, we were hoping for a good nights sleep as we had to get off straight after checkout as it was our Fathers birthdays celebrations that day a 40 minute travel away. Not once were we told about the building works straight across from our room which started at 10am, if not earlier. The level of noise was absolutely ridiculous, it woke both me and my partner up. I am 100% certain that I will not be the only person that has made a complaint about this. We spoke to the reception staff on the desk who advised us that 'the council has not informed them' which cannot be true as this against the law, we had no discount offered for our stay - even though we barely managed to get a wink of sleep. Overall appalling stay and poor customer service.

Refurbishment work underway

Excellent staff - I could hear a high pitched noise in my bathroom. The staff member attended immediately, rectified it but offered to change my room if I preferred or the problem reoccurred

• Standard Double Room (2 Adults)

A bit more on the menu for vegan/vegetarians would be great.

Extremely comfy beds, easy to use shower with good hot water. Staff were friendly and helpful. A very comfortable stay, I always use jury's when in Sheffield, value for money.

• Standard Double Room (2 Adults)

Staff at reception on check in are really surly and unwelcoming. Think they have forgotten they are in the hospitality business and would be more suited to factory or warehouse work

Great location and very quiet. Rooms are really good

• Standard Double Room (2 Adults)

Was very convenient for our stay to visit the Crucible for the snooker, but the facilities in the hotel were more than adequate. Work/improvements were in progress but was no problem. Sure it will be even better when work completed.

• Standard Double Room (2 Adults)

Hairs in the bathroom and carpet damp in front of the bathroom. Key wasn't activated first time so had to come back down to reception where only one of two key cards were activated. Building works in reception were a slight inconvenience but couldn't be helped

The bed was extra comfy

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Some areas of the hotel we're under maintenance, not sealed off correctly. Loud vibration that lasted minutes every time toilet was flushed. Not very sound proof as could here drunk people in corridor at 2am, sounded like they were in the room. TV lacked channel's.

Perfect location for the Crucible! Parking discount for adjacent car park. Staff happy and helpful. Clean and decent amount of room. Teas and coffees very standard but acceptable....

• Standard Triple Room (3 Adults)

I knew there would be 300 kids in the hotel as I was meeting a friend over for the international school games, BUT no mention of this was made on booking, or arrival. In fact I was told I'd been given a quiet room when checking in. Reality was we were on a corridor of 13-14 yr olds slamming doors all evening til 10pm (the bed head and bed moved every time) and their teacher's shouting at them to get back in their rooms as they were all camped out in the corridor. This noise started up again at 5.45am til 7.30am when they left for that days events! As a normal guest I would have been fuming at the noise and chaos and heard a few couples complaining in the lifts to breakfast. On a plus the room was very clean, comfortable and and perfect location for city centre shopping/nightlife. Ripped bedsheets could do with being thrown. But just a simple heads up from reception staff of the amount of young guests would have been nice and not told we had been given a quiet room!

Location and comfortable

• Standard Double or Twin Room

They put screaming child groups on every floor. They ran along the corridors and rode the lifts, played knock and run. Complained but nothing done. Nothing mentioned about building work going on when booked.

Bed was comfy. Was clean

• Standard Double Room (2 Adults)

There are upgrading improvements going on at the.property which we were not made aware of. There was dust every where..the bar area was closed and the drilling work commenced around 8am!!!

• Standard Double Room (2 Adults)

Friendly staff, free upgrade, comfy bed and fantastic night sleep. Perfect Sheffield city centre location. Walking distance to all the centre. Tram, train or buses easily available to everywhere else. Excited for when renovations completed, have already booked two more stays for later this year.

• Standard Double Room (2 Adults)

A nice stay, very close to Sheffield plug which was great as we had a gig there. Bar was well stocked and staff were attentive. Nice location for city centre.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I should have been informed that there were building works and the bar would be closed. The temporary bar was dreadful. The breakfast was awful. The scrambled egg was terrible. My room smelt of fresh paint and when I called reception 3 times, nobody answered.

The bed.

• Standard Triple Room (3 Adults)

On arrival at the hotel, the toilet in our room did not flush, (3 adults in a one room) and continually refilled. This was reported to reception and nothing was done. On returning to the hotel after 10pm at night, we contacted reception again who eventually agreed to change our room to a deluxe. The deluxe was exactly the same as the standard other than the carpet was a different colour and we had biscuits- so don’t waste your money! The bed linen was torn, the room temperature unbearable and the air conditioning unit sounded like a washing machine on a spin cycle! Don’t stay here if you wish to get some sleep!! After supplying a review for the hotel highlighting the difficulties, we were offered a complimentary stay. Four emails later and I still do not have confirmation that this has been booked! It would appear this is not a genuine offer! This is meant to be a refurbished hotel-avoid, the location is ok-but you’ll find better!!

• Standard Double Room (2 Adults)

Nightclub noise, noisy neighbours, poor sleep. Was offered a free stay but I am not coming back to Sheffield. Would have been nice to be offered a free stay at one of their other hotel branches.

Bed was comfy

• Standard Double Room (2 Adults)

Not enough staff at check in or check out. Bathroom/ toilet area was very small and restrictive. Water flow and temp was inconsistent and inhibiting.

Great location near centre of city and train station. Bar staff were very helpful and polite.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

We were the first arrivals at breakfast so there can be no excuses for the sticky table top or food remnants on another table. The bathroom looked good but wasn't very practical. The hand basin was far too high to be comfortable to use and the large boxed cabinet surrounding the sink was a danger. This was due to having problems getting in/out of the bath as I'm not tall and I slipped a couple of times and hit myself on the corner of the sink unit. The towel rail was over the bath which meant that to hang towels on it after drying myself entailed climbing back in the bath to hang the towels - bizarre. Not every guest is tall enough or mobile enough for this fiasco. It could so easily be remedied by fixing the towel rail to the bathroom door.

How quiet the hotel was and within easy walking distance of the centre. Near faultless cleanliness. Good selection at breakfast. I thought the card swipe system to gain entry to the lifts at ground floor level was great - all hotels should follow this security feature.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The check in process after booking online didn’t say you required any identification to pay for the room ... so when arrived without a passport the stress was increased feeling like we was not able to check in after a 6 hour journey.

The staff were helpful ... clean welcoming hotel nice stay

• Standard Double or Twin Room

As I was there for one night only there is nothing to dislike

An excellent hotel particularly bearing in mind the cost. Also food and beverage readily available on return to hotel after 11.00pm

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The restaurant being closed due to refurbishment, (other than for breakfast), was a little inconvenient.

Friendly, helpful staff. Good location and a comfortable room.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Not as fancy as described. Little bit above average. Few options for breakfast.

Hotel is 10 minutes from rail station. Good rooms. Very simple with few choices of everything. Comfortable bed.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I found this hotel very hard to fault. Despite the fact that renovations were taking place during my stay, everything remained neat and clean. The staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. The beds in the new-style bedrooms (one of which I stayed in) are supremely comfy. And the room rate I got was very good value.

Breakfast was very good - classic full English superbly cooked - with the options of (some) fruit and (lovely) pastries. If I have any criticisms, it's that (a) the orange juice wasn't the best and (b) the fruit selection was a tad limited (ie, no raspberries, no strawberries, no blueberries etc). But I'm nitpicking. Overall, the brekkie was very good indeed.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Duvet far far too thick for the time of year and possibly non breathable too(?) I was sweltering overnight, even with the temperature down. Also, the pillows were way too thick. I slept with only one (as usual) and had a crooked neck in the morning! A bit on the pricey side too for the area, in my opinion as an ex Sheffield local

Clean, central

Bathroom cramped... our room opposite the lift and also overlooking the air conditioning plant ... very noisy when window opened and of course when lifts being used

Just being refurbished .. rooms very nice

• Standard Double Room (2 Adults)

Super close to both the railway station and the city centre!! The breakfast was really good and the hotel staff was lovely. I would have expected the rooms to be a bit more luxurious for the price to be honest, but still, mine was quite okay.

• Standard Triple Room (3 Adults)

The location is ideal for people that want to explore the City Centre. No need for taxis! The hotel is close to bars, clubs and restraunts also. It's super quiet and comfy! The train station is less than a 5min walk and buses and trams are also close.

• Standard Triple Room (3 Adults)

I was a little bit disappointed to discover no mini bar in the room, but we managed to survive without it. Also, the plain corn flakes were missing from the breakfast menu.

I liked the staff going above and beyond to address a problem with soap located too high for my daughter to reach. And the fact we could store our suitcase after checking out.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Room smelled of drains and the smoking area below the bedroom window was intrusive; the smoke could be smelled. I asked for an upper floor room but was given a second floor room.

Friendly staff

• Standard Double Room (2 Adults)

The bath was very narrow and small. I'm only petite and it was only just wide enough for me, especially as it was an adapted room with handrails along the bath. There was nothing really good or bad but it was hard not to feel ripped off as we paid £150 for 1 night and it wasn't really worth more than half of that.

It was alright. The room and bathroom were spacious and clean. Breakfast was nice.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Constant drilling and construction noise meant sleeping during day was impossible. As we were planning late night this impacted somewhat, and I was given no compensation or warning about this. Contrary to the sign in the foyer, this wasn't just an "appearance" issue, it was a logistical one if you were in the room after 8am or before 6pm

Comfy bed. Good loction.

One female member of staff at reception was not very friendly. Her approach was sullen and miserable. Didn’t get her name.

The recent referbishment on the upper floors are second to none. Very accommodating for early book in.

• Standard Double Room (2 Adults)

Hotel under construction Street outside under construction Was staying the the hotel two nights and was put in a room right over the hotel front door right above where the construction work was taking place. Made the time in the hotel hassled and unrest full when this should have been a nice break away.

No complaints

Close to the Crucible Theatre and shops. Lovely rooms which have been recently decorated. Restaurant was spacious and comfortable and food was great.

• Standard Double Room (2 Adults)

There's a branded scent pumped into the foyer which is strong and sickly, leaving it unpleasant to spend time in e.g. the bar.

The executive bed is huge and wonderful. Breakfast is good if expensive. The hotel is amazingly convenient for the city centre.

• Superior Twin Room

Refurbished room and quite small. limited wardrobe space and nowhere to hangs coats except in the wardrobe. Not enough sockets at table area . Very poorly lit bathroom, which could've been cleaner (especially the floor).

Comfy beds and bedding. Clean and nice smelling communal areas.

• Superior Triple Room

A bit dated. Average breakfast. No fridge or safe in room (although safe facility at the front desk was excellent for bigger stuff).

Staff were excellent and friendly. Beds were really comfortable. It is really central.

• Standard Double Room (2 Adults)

Price of drinks in the bar having to pay for breakfast when my room was £80 so the 4 of us went to Witherspoon for breakfast

It was near the train station and near my daughters accommodation for uni

I haven't stayed in a hotel before where I had to collect my own "room service"! Apparently I didn't have a credit account...the staff made it sound like I was about to run off without paying for my falafel wrap and coke! YOU HAD MY CREDIT CARD DETAILS!

They make a big deal out of their new beds but to be fair, I had a great nights sleep :) Excellent breakfast options too.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The price! £127 for one night's sleep and no breakfast seems too expensive.

The staff were very approachable. We forgot a phone charger and a member of staff delivered one to our room - very much appreciated. The room was exceptionally quiet and the bed was very comfy. Overall -excellent.

• Standard Double Room (2 Adults)

There was not anything wrong with the hotel as we thought everything was okay.

The property was close to where we needed to be. It wasn't a far walk from Wetherspoons either. The room was really comfortable and bigger than other rooms have stayed in the past at different hotel chains. Plus the check out time was just right.

• Standard Triple Room (3 Adults)

The soap dispenser height when having a bath, they were both out of arms reach, although the position by the hand basin and for having a shower were very good.

Friendly and helpful staff.

• Standard Double Room (2 Adults)

I selected the hotel because it was central and i had a car to park and come and go throughout the day. I was there for 5 nights, so parking was an issue. It was supposed to be 7 pounds per 24 hours but the agreement with the operator was such that every time you left the car park you had to pay so it was costly to come and go during the day. The hotel did compensate me for some of the additional cost but the staff were not proactive in achieving this. It was only when i managed to coincidentally speak to a manager that this was achieved. A better arrangement needs to be negotiated with the carpark operator or make it clear on the website as i would not have stayed at the hotel had i known the arrangement.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

There was a fair bit of corridor noise coming into the room, but I recognise this is more about the lack of consideration exercised by other guests.

The location was excellent; I was attending a conference at Sheffield Hallam, and it was a few minutes walk. The facilities were clean and comfortable. The windows were excellent, keeping out any external noise.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I thought the price was high - £96.00, but it was a late booking, a marathon weekend & a single person in a double room.

The bed was wonderfully comfortable: with lovely pillows & duvets. Bath sheet was great. I had a great night's sleep. It was a quiet room. Breakfast was great. Location was central to everywhere. Car park deal was very welcome.

• Standard Double Room (2 Adults)

Breakfast wasn't great. Sausages very very fatty and generally cooked breakfast items weren't very tasty and tasted a bit 'cheap'. Fruit juices tasted like they had been watered down too. However, there was a good selection of cereals and toast.

Excellent comfortable beds and refurbished rooms. Good central location and friendly staff. Great views over the city from the 9th floor too. Very quiet at night.

• Standard Double Room (2 Adults)

Bad sound insulation, could easily hear voices from outside and corridor.

The room was just right size and very clean. We enjoyed it very much to stay there some days.

• Standard Double Room (2 Adults)

Room was a little small and shower was not very powerful

Location was great, nr Brammell Lane and a stones throw away from shops and places to eat. Staff were very helpful

Staff, ordered 2 rooms with single beds , confirmed by mail and phone. Got a room with a very small double bed and a single bed, no good. instead of helping us we could get an extra room for 308 pounds. disguisting!

Location is good

• Standard Double Room (2 Adults)

We could hear the traffic outside, as it was on the corner of a busy road. Our Outlook was of a multi storey car park

The reception staff were amazing very friendly helpful and professional. They couldn't do enough to make our stay more enjoyable

• Standard Double Room (2 Adults)

We found half a big bottle of Pepsi in a drawer in our standard room when we were looking for the tv remote. Manager then gave us a new room, an executive room.

The bed in the executive room we were moved into was amazing. Best sleep I have had in my life

• Standard Double Room (2 Adults)

I thought could have improved the room by having few more hangers to hang clothes and few more drawers and bigger bins. Also having a bottle opener on the side of draws but apart from that no complaints

We liked the hotel room thought it was well presented, we also loved the fact that we could order a taxi from the reception thought this was very helpful and really useful, they also came with in minutes and prices were really cheap better than expected. The staff were also lovely so friendly was really impressed by them, also in the room it came with an iron and ironing board very useful! Also came with hairdryer also very useful we also liked how we got free drinks vouchers as anniversary, thank you!!

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Only complaint I have was cleaning staff coming round at 9:30am trying to come in, should be going to rooms that have checked out and we had a sign on the door

Spent all the money on refurbishing the rooms which are excellent but the bathrooms were freezing, cold floor and not heating on them brrrrrrrr

Refurbished rooms excellent