Reviews of Jurys Inn London Watford 4 stars

31 - 35 Clarendon Road, Watford, WD17 1JA, United Kingdom

#6 of 23 hotels in Watford

• Standard Room with Double and Single Bed

Clean and neat rooms with a good spread for breakfast! Good value for money and helpful staff - we were rushing for a Warner Bros. Studio Tour and the staff at the reception counter were most helpful in expediting the check-in process!

• Standard Room with Double and Single Bed

Breakfast could have been included in price of room as we payed £38 each which I thought was quite a lot

Right in town,nightlife within walking distance

• Superior Triple Room

I am diabetic and requested fridge on booking but was only told on arrival they didn't have one. Advised we could use kitchen fridge but this is not practical or safe .

Room was very clean and modern staff were very friendly and efficient. We used this hotel as Base for harry potter tour it was perfect for this Also very close to town centre .

• Standard Room with Double and Single Bed

Lovely comfortable rooms, very clean! Only about a 10min walk up the road from Watford Junction and about 3mins from the shopping in Watford itself. Perfect base if you’re going to the Warner Bros Studio Tour or if you want to stay away from the madness of the city centre.

• Standard Room with Double and Single Bed

We found the room quite hot that night, the windows don’t open at all and the ventilation didn’t seem to be working. But this was one small thing during a really lovely stay.

The staff on check in were very friendly and we got an upgrade to a superior room which was fantastic and very unexpected. The room was lovely with lots of space, huge bed and very clean. We used all the facilities in the room including the iron, hairdryer and tea station. The biscuits were lovely! There were plenty of plugs well positioned at the mirror for hairstraighner, dryer, charging phone etc! Good mirror and space for doing make up. The standard of the room for what we paid was exceptional. We had two drinks in the bar that night and had a great chat with Becca the bartender. Thanks to all the staff in Jury’s Inn Watford, we had a lovely time and we will definitely be back!

• Standard Room with Double and Single Bed

Can't fault it had an issue with the bathroom sink but was sorted as soo as it was reported

The staff are very polite and friendly. The location is good right in the centre of town. The beds are so comfortable I fell asleep as soon as I lay down the food was nice. I have been a few times now will definately be going back. I highly recommend staying at this hotel

• Standard Room with Double and Single Bed

No mini bar for water and I didn't like paying for parking even though it had a discounted rate.

Bed was very comfy, very clean, staff friendly and professional and I liked the big cups in the room.

• Standard Room with Double and Single Bed

Noise of doors slamming all night, let it down was unable to sleep thru the night. Breakfast staff were a little miserable.

Rooms were very clean and well presented and breakfast was a good selection.

• Standard Room with Double and Single Bed

The property was in a ideal spot for where we were going at the weekend. 5 minute walk from town and 10 minutes to the Colosseum where we visited on the Saturday. Very clean and spacious room and the staff were very helpful.

Went for a friends birthday and drinks vouchers were given for all of us on arrival. The rooms itself were very spacious. The staff were extremely friendly and the hotel itself was very clean and tidy.

• Standard Room with Double and Single Bed

I found the pillows to be a bit too high and a bit on the hard side to be honest. Other than that top comfort.

Spacious room, tea kettle, ironing board available, very clean, friendly staff, great breakfast buffet. Location is right in the city center.

A couple of very minor points. We booked a superior double room and the information on the booking.com website said we would have a safety deposit box. We did not and were informed by reception that only the executive rooms have one. You need to amend this. Also we were promised that a free morning newspaper would be delivered to our room but it didn't arrive. Not concerned though as we wouldn't have had time to read it anyway.

This was our second visit to Jury's Watford and it was as good as the first. Nice spacious room on the fourth floor, spotlessly clean, well equipped and a big comfortable bed. Staff were friendly and helpful and the breakfast was excellent. Very convenient for Watford Junction railway station and the motorway networks. We would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Standard Room with Double and Single Bed

Air conditioning stopped working our second day. Made room uncomfortable on our 2nd night. Opened window but was slightly noisy.

Breakfast was lovely. Staff were very nice and helpful helping us get around area.

• Superior King Room

I wasn't so keen on the coffee, but I can be pretty picky when it comes to my morning caffeine so it wasn't really a major issue. It was a little difficult to get a comfortable setting on the shower, but after some adjusting I finally got there.

A great selection at breakfast, and everything appeared to be of a high quality. The beds were super comfy, and the pillows were amazing. Best night's sleep I've had in a long time. Everything was clean and tidy.

• Standard Room with Double and Single Bed

The air conditioning dint work in room 619, and the shower took a while to heat up. Also the sky remote did not work from certain areas in the room.

Staff were very friendly, the room was very clean and the bed was really comfy.

• Standard Room with Double and Single Bed

I wanted to bring my girlfriend back too my room after I travelled all the way from Birmingham but the staff was for hesitant about letting her in. I didn’t see the problem as I had a double room aswell as informed the receptionist on arrival

It was very convenient for night life

• Standard Room with Double and Single Bed

Booked through booking.com, no prepayment needed- pay at property. Money was taken 2 months before our stay which isn’t what I had agreed to. Jury’s and booking.com refused to refund the money.

The beds were super comfy and the staff really helpful

We stayed here for my birthday and the location was within walking distance of the bars and restaurants which made it very convenient. The staff were lovely upon arrival even giving us drink tokens as a birthday gift. Very comfortable beds and very clean and spacious.

Our room was on the side of the main road so was a little noisy.

Good location, room was large clean and comfortable. The hotel was modern and inviting.

• Standard Room with Double and Single Bed

Nice hotel with large very clean bedroom; and large clean bathroom (#538). Comfortable beds. Facial tissues available. Quiet. Excellent buffet breakfast with fruits, yogurt cheese. Parking not on site but discount given by hotel. Only few restaurants around.

• Standard Room with Double and Single Bed

On arrival staff were very informative about area and hotel facilities. Breakfast was excellent, offering lots of vegetarian options - including veggie sausages. Location was great, 5 minute walk from the town centre. Couldn’t fault it, for the price we paid was an excellent choice!

• Executive King Room

Complete Con arrived and was change a extra 100 pound because room wasnt availble. Hairs in carpet plus used plasters under the bed. Staff was rude and insulting . Breakfast wasnt fit to feed a dog very poor quality

Couldnt wait to leave

• Standard Room with Double and Single Bed

the breakfast was a little cold and tasteless,, had to pay an extra £5 for pancakes, also ordered pizza in the evening that was dripping in grease and expensive

staff where very helpful and friendly, beds very comfortable and nice room

• Standard Room with Double and Single Bed

The walls are very thin, could hear every word our neighbors said. When someone shut their door, it felt like the building was about to collapse. And there was a draft from the window.

Everything was easy to find and clean.

• Standard Room with Double and Single Bed

3 of us stayed in a family room, it was very warm in the night because the weather had been lovely, but the window only opened slightly and the air con only went down to 18 degrees

It was immaculately clean, beds were comfortable, great location in a lovely little town with most things you need close by. Breakfast was delicious and plentiful. Staff were incredibly friendly and welcoming. We stayed here to go to the Warner Bros Studio Tour which is about 3 miles away.

• Standard Room with Double and Single Bed

The bar was quite expensive we bought two drinks and it was over ten pounds. We ordered room service and we got the pizza but for the price you pay it didn't taste amazing.

Very comfortable, room was lovely. There was music playing loudly from the room next door to us at 11pm so we phoned reception and they dealt with it straight away. The rest of the hotel also looked very nice, I can't believe how cheap it is!

• Standard Room with Double and Single Bed

Parking was a bit of a challenge, there is no parking on site so I had to use a public car park located a few hundred metres away. Signage back to the hotel was limited, I was OK and found the hotel eventually but think it would have been a daunting journey for an unaccompanied lady (or nervous man)

Nice clean room,great breakfast with plenty of Gluten Free options. Really friendly helpful staff at breakfast also - happy to point out where everything was located

• Standard Room with Double and Single Bed

Hotel doesn't have its own carpark, but has an arrangement with a nearby park, so not really a problem at all

Amazing options for a gluten free breakfast!!!! My own section at the breakfast buffet, that's a first!! Fabulous breakfast!!! Comfy room too!

• Standard Room with Double and Single Bed

We were upgraded to executive rooms which was fantastic! It was quiet in hotel despite location so we got a good sleep. The location was fantastic for Watford Junction station where we were travelling to/from for the Harry Potter studio tours.

• Standard Room with Double and Single Bed

Drinks in the bar was a bit pricey and I was shocked that there was none of my favourite tipple... Pernod.....

Bedrooms are lovely clean spacious and comfy, staff are really helpful and you can’t go wrong with the breakfast......

• Standard Room with Double and Single Bed

We had an upgrade to executive which included a king size bed (so comfy) mini fridge which came in very useful! Late checkout and sky tv so was perfect for us that morning!

• Standard Room with Double and Single Bed

There was alot of german guests staying and they wore very loud in the corridors so much so on tge second night i had to get up and open the door to tell them to stop, they wore drinking cans right outside of our door

The lication was great close to everything, the beds wore extremely comfortable

• Standard Room with Double and Single Bed

My partner and I booked the room last minute and checked in late as we had experienced an emergency. When checking in, the receptionist told us that the booking hadn’t gone through as the reservation was requested after midnight even though I had received confirmation from booking.com. The receptionist told us that he didn’t know if they had a room available! After explaining our situation, a room was miraculously found and it felt like that he was doing us a favour rather than providing a service we had paid for. This added to the evenings distress could of been avoided if the check in process was smoother.

The room was spacious and comfortable.

• Standard Room with Double and Single Bed

The car park telephone message stated it was manned where it is not, it operates a pay at machine / barrier exit system

The comfort is the room and especially the bed was wonderful

• Standard Room with Double and Single Bed

No car park, but that is geographical.

Customer service excellent. We had a light tea which was hot, tasty and enjoyable. The room was clean and comfortable.

• Standard Room with Double and Single Bed

Breakfast was great (almost too much to choose from) and beds were very comfy. Restaurant in the hotel was also very good, though it took while until we were served (despite the fact, that they weren´t many people sitting at the bar/in the restaurant). We stayed two nights and went to the Harry Potter studios - the hotel was great place to start the magical day.

• Standard Room with Double and Single Bed

They had run out of butter at breakfast “waiting for a delivery” I was told. This seems to be a bit of a theme as the bar had run out of plain tonic too.

Comfortable bed, clean spacious room. Staff friendly. Plenty of tea and coffee in conference room with pastries in am and muffins at tea time.

• Standard Room with Double and Single Bed

Bathroom I very small with a shower curtain. Hairdryer was broken.

Modern bedrooms. Upgraded to interconnecting. Helpful staff. Great location for Harry Potter.

• Standard Room with Double and Single Bed

I am a regular guest I paid 75 for a double room with single bed was put in a double room then asked to be moved was then moved to a much smaller room was not impressed with this or the security guard telling my guests they should leave as my sister and husband was sitting in room with me till my partner arrived

Cleanliness as always

• Standard Room with Double and Single Bed

having no top sheet on the bed and therefore having to strip the cover off the doona so that I could modulate the temperature of the bed covering. I slept under just the doona cover for half the night to avoid overheating.

the window could be opened!

• Standard Room with Double and Single Bed

When we got there our tv wasn’t working and we weren’t informed about it during check in, the ac is also very poor and when I opened a window all I could hear was the construction work outside. At 6 in the morning the fire alarm went off whilst me and my partner were asleep we had nobody call in to apologise or explain about why it went off. Also the shower temperature is either really hot or just cold there was no in between. I feel the staff were very unhelpful and unwelcoming, at checkout we weren’t asked about our stay she just took the card and we left.

The room itself was very nice and spacious

• Standard Room with Double and Single Bed

Cleaner knocking on the door to clean room at 8am Cleaner second knocking on the door to clean room at 8am and 30 seconds!! I got out of bed quickly to answer door so rest of family remain sleeping but the banging was much louder 2nd time. We were not happy as she did same knocking and walked in on my sleeping children in the room next door. Much too early as check out is at 12.

The (Monday night) Duty Manager was more than helpful in sorting our rooms and ensuring our late check in was swift, professional and giving the upgrade to keep us close to our children was a welcome bonus. A lovely gentleman.

• Standard Room with Double and Single Bed

No car park, although not too far away except if it rains. And good discount on the carpet suggested.

Convenient location to the station, shops and Warner Bros studios.

• Standard Room with Double and Single Bed

I booked 7 rooms and 2 further we’re added they have the rooms to the guests without me even being present and this meant someone who wasn’t meant to get a room got one

• Standard Room with Double and Single Bed

The room, staff(especially Bridget who was so helpful), food, location are all brilliant. It's an excellent hotel an il definitely be staying here again!

• Standard Room with Double and Single Bed

Very clean ans spacious rooms. Great location close to shops and trainstation. Have been here before and it keep getting better. Very helpfull staff. English breakfast

The location of the car park

The friendliness and warmness of the staff was exemplary. The bed was extremely comfortable and the complimentary perks for our anniversary made us feel so special. Thank you so much! The quality and variety of the breakfast foods was amazing!

On a noisy road but in the city it is unavoidable really

Very good hotel in the centre of watford, close to railway station and harry potter tour which is where we were going. Beds super comfy and staff very helpful.

• Standard Room with Double and Single Bed

Watford town centre is under construction. Not nice now but will be when finished. Thus the neighbourhood isn’t very nice at the moment.

For football and shopping the location is great. Good breakfast, nice staff and comfortable beds.

No mini bar in superior room, limited choice in beverages in downstairs shop

Free high speed wifi, relatively cheap breakfast, well functioning air conditioning, comfortable (firm) pillows

• Standard Room with Double and Single Bed

Staff were shouting outside my bedroom every single morning at 6:50.... not great. Not what you expect when paying £100 a night.

Comfy, clean room, can control your own room temperature.

• Standard Room with Double and Single Bed

I felt one of the reception staff didn't have a lot of enough of information regarding Harry Potter studios as in getting the tour bus. She said the buses don't start until 9.20. So we booked a taxi as we had an early booking time but as we were passing Watford Junction the buses were running. 🤔

Rooms were lovely very clean. Staff were lovely and even though it was very busy on the Saturday night the service was very good.

• Standard Room with Double and Single Bed

Unfortunately we parked in a car park that was underneath the hotel not realising it wasn’t for guests and we got locked in for about 15 minutes Staff key fob didn’t work to extract us as battery was dead! (this error of ours must have happened before ) Car parking not available at the hotel.

Beds were very good. Breakfast choices were expansive catering for all tastes. Nice decor throughout

• Standard Room with Double and Single Bed

Bathroom is very small!! A bit too small!

Location is brilliant and breakfast is something to look forward to! Room a good size and very very comfortable bed! Best sleep I have had in a long time!

• Standard Room with Double and Single Bed

Everything expect the check in staff . The night management... I can not believe you have people like this working in your establishment... so rude, unprofessional and incredibly vulgar. I will not be advising anyone to book this hotel. Im in shock to what i witnessed.

They had a Costa on site. Nothing good to say.

• Standard Room with Double and Single Bed

Rude management team , so unprofessional, I've never experienced something this horrendous before. Didn't listen to me at all , dismissed me and made me feel so small... after voicing my complaints , I was dismissed and questioned about what room i was staying in and why i was staying here at the hotel this was at 11pm at night... i just came back from a wedding... which i explained before.. I checked in already at 5pm that day... He then proceed to question me after checking my room number and name... I have never ever experienced this type of behaviour... I had 2 rooms booked which he was unaware off and was arguing and and being incredibly arrogant and rude to me and my other guests in the other room... they had arrived 5 minutes before us. he was unaware we were coming back from the same event as we checked in at seperate times. After he realised we were from the same group he continued to be aggressive and rude. Completely messed up our rooms even though 4 days prior i had spoken about specifics which was confirmed. Honestly waste of money and an awful stay. I would not recommend at all this hotel . The only postive about this stay was the check in staff in the morning.

Im struggling to find something I like... They have a Costa on site...

• Standard Room with Double and Single Bed

Ann Marie was very welcoming when we arrived. Throughout our stay whenever she saw us she was friendly and recommend some places to visit on our planned night out. She is a great asset to the team and we were very impressed with her kindness and her customer service. The hotel was clean modern and we all had a great nights stay. The 24hour pizze serve was great after a night out returning at 4am! All in all very impressed with the hotel and would deffo recommend and stay again.

• Standard Room with Double and Single Bed

The window could only be opened a little and it was quite hot in the room. There was no fridge/mini bar or safe, as you might expect in a standard hotel room. There was only one chair and not very many milks for tea/coffee for three people in a triple room. Not much of a tea selection either.

Overall, it was a great stay. The room was very comfortable. Good beds, nice chair. The sink in the bathroom was particularly chic! Good shower and temperature control. Friendly and helpful staff. We were able to leave our luggage in the hotel before and after our stay which was really great!

There was nothing We didn't like about this property.

We liked everything about the hotel and the staff were so friendly and accommodating we had a beautiful stay here.

• Standard Room with Double and Single Bed

Parking was a short distance away and one wrong turn and it was tricky to find due to the local traffic restrictions and one way streets.

Watford Jury’s Inn was well located for the Harry Potter Studios

• Standard Room with Double and Single Bed

I authorised my card when checking in, however this did not transfer to the bar and restaurant which led to some awkwardness and questioning, and again at checkout.

The room was very comfy, breakfast was excellent, location good for Harry Potter tour and London. Staff were pleasant.

• Standard Room with Double and Single Bed

Expensive drinks and breakfast, no view from room

Good comfy bed, lots of plug sockets in room, hotel smelt nice on entry, big tv's well located round bar and lobby

• Standard Room with Double and Single Bed

My only criticism would be that the Corridor Carpets on 2nd floor are rather tired and not too clean. thank you, I shall be back next week. It should be easier to book a walk in shower room . I can't safely climb in and out of bath. Thank You

the bed was super clean crisp and comfortable. the in room service and menu excellent. the reception staff very kind and helpful.

• Standard Room with Double and Single Bed

I had asked for a quiet room on the top floor which was pretty much what I got with an upgrade thrown in for free.Great service, helpful and engaging staff, great location for business travel and very low cost parking nearby.No hesitation in booking here again

• Standard Room with Double and Single Bed

One staff (bit old one) look like South asian (like me but may be from a different country), stopped and checked us while entering the room at night time. Despite showing the key he demanded my name and ID. After showing mine, he didn't even bother to say thank you. rude!

Super efficient staff members, convenient check in and check out, comfortable and clean rooms

• Standard Room with Double and Single Bed

I was a bit hot at night even though the heating was turned down ( maybe not _everything_ was perfectly maintained then! ).

Quiet and set up well for a business traveller with lots of power points and a desk you can actually work at. Nice atmosphere where all the staff I met were welcoming. Very clean and everything looked well maintained and up-to-date. Big comfortable bed.

• Standard Room with Double and Single Bed

Reception a little understaffed but it was Easter weekend.

Great location for Warner Bros. Studio, shuttle bus stops just up the road! Very comfortable room, excellent choice at breakfast! Easter Sunday made extra special for the kids with an egg hunt around the hotel.

• Superior Triple Room

I had a triple room with 1 adult and 2 10year olds. Room was clean but we didn’t find the beds or pillows very comfortable at all

Disabled parking made trip easier with my children

• Executive King Room

There is no onsite car park and the recommended one (a multi-storey, about 5 minutes walk) didn't have any space when I drove around it and is a bit of a challenge to find, depending on which direction you arrive. Breakfast service finished on the dot at 10 so I missed it the 2nd morning, my fault I guess! Desk staff were efficient but not particularly welcoming. There are 3 lifts but only one seemed to be working so there was a bit of a wait at times. It's not "tired" as such but the room decor could do with a bit more inspiration in the colour scheme. Although I had a 6th floor city view then the skyline of Watford isn't exactly inspirational :-)

Central location (if you have to visit Watford!) very easy walk to the town centre and shops and probably 5-10 minutes walk from the train station. Basically it's a step up from a Travel Inn. I had an Exec room which was spacious with a comfortable bed and a decent TV (with Sky Movies and you can use the HDMI socket if you've got your own device). Also a safe and small (& cold!) fridge with some water, iron & ironing board. The bathroom was looking a little dated but had a bath (with shower overhead). My room was generally quiet but its right next to a busy main road so you can hear cars honking. Room service quality was good but also expensive (e.g. £12 for a Greek Salad which really wasn't that big), pizza was great. There is a small "kiosk" in reception where you can get snacks, beer/wine and ice cream, a nice touch. I didn't explore the bar but there is one. Breakfast was a buffet, it was fine with a reasonable selection.

• Standard Room with Double and Single Bed

Kept up most of the night saturday night as the two rooms opposite ( and a few others in the corridor) were being used for people going on a night out. So it was loud up until 1am and then again from 4am until 6am with shouting, music playing, and running of people between rooms. However Sunday night was perfectly quiet. Is this the hotels fault? I'm not sure myself.

Easy check in, nice rooms with lots of facilities - looked like a nice bar and restaurant (however we didn't use as the food was priced at around £15 for a main, for that price we would prefer to try somewhere else a little more unique)

• Standard Room with Double and Single Bed

We had disturbance the whole night, I tried to make a compliant but no one assisted be very well. Also tried to call bookings to express this each time the phone hang up and no one called back. Police was called as a man next to our room had Drugs. Which was terrifying and unacceptable. Worse night ever.

• Standard Room with Double and Single Bed

The hotel staff who moaned at us for making too much noise. But the reason there was noise is because the door lock wouldn't work, so i had to complain about this at close to 4 in the morning...

Location Hotel Staff Size and standard of the family room

Location was perfect for our trip to the Warner Bros studio to see the Harry Potter tour. Easy access from the train to the hotel, and handy bus shuttle service too. Reasonable price for a family room which is just 15 mins from London Euston.

The music in the first floor area by the lifts was very loud for 8.00 am on a Saturday morning!

Breakfast was excellent and the room was clean & spacious.

• Standard Room with Double and Single Bed

Tiles around bath were dirty and duvets are far too thick

Reception staff welcoming and friendly, good size rooms, breakfast was nice with lots of choice including healthy options,

Browse Jurys Inn London Watford traveller photo gallery