Reviews of Park Avenue Hotel This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

146 Clapton Common, Hackney, London, E5 9AG, United Kingdom

#757 of 977 hotels in London

• Reviewed: July 7, 2018

Great and Comfortable.
    • Small Double Room

The room was cleaned every day and we had coffee and water left for us every morning. Moreover, the AC in the room was great during the hot weather that we encountered while in London. The lady at the check in desk was also very friendly.

• Reviewed: May 29, 2018

Cheap but not overly cheerful.
    • Small Double Room

Lights hanging off walls and holes around lights on bathroom ceiling. Shower handle fell off. Cracked paintwork on walls and staining on ceiling. 3/4 sized duvet for double bed so wasn't big enough. Paper thin walls so heard everything, gap under door from room into hallway so heard everything. Loads of kids running up and down hallway, they also tried the handle into our room. We felt like lodgers rather than guests. Everything was incredibly dated.

The room had aircon.

• Reviewed: January 3, 2018

more like a 7
    • Economy Triple Room

It was a bit cold (there is air conditioner , but i dont like using it ), also the water wasn't that hot all day long . It's an old building

The room was cozy , hotel near public transport

• Reviewed: December 10, 2017

Really unpleasant ,having to beg for a room I have paid while being abused verbally.

Reception stuff is shocking. Extremelly rude and abusive.

The receptionist was unbelievable rude. She used abusive language and insulted me several times because I made it to the hotel at 2 am, which was selected in my booking as the arrival time. She abused me verbally and took me 10 mins of apologies to convince her to give me the room I had already paid for. Shocking.

• Reviewed: December 9, 2017

Comfortable, clean and good value.
    • Very Small Twin Room

Breakfast was in the listing, although at an additional cost, but on arrival I was told that no breakfast was available. Would have been nice to have known that when booking in order to make an informed choice. That said, I would still consider staying again.

The hotel is in the midst of a refurb, so breakfast was not available. Staff were fairly frosty, but not rude. Parking on the front is limited, but better than a lot of places in London.

• Reviewed: October 19, 2017

Basic, very no frills accom, clean, comfy bed and fitted my purpose.n
    • Small Single Room

Quite noisy, with kids making huge noise in hallway..

It was convenient, clean room and suited a purpose for the stay. It is basic but that was fine.new reception and restaurant going in which will be good. Chris , I think, fixed up an error I made, meaning he changed the booking date on a non changeable or refundable booking. That was good.

• Reviewed: October 9, 2017

Depressing

Very basic. Unfriendly vibe - the housekeeper puts brave face on things (although only saw her once - after that no human contact, only noise through walls). Cracked tiles in bathroom. Stupidly, I left my car keys in the hotel room and couldn't even get them to pick up the phone for ages after, and eventually got a message to say they had not found any. Overall very depressing. And still not found car keys. (Luckily I have a spare set at home). Would not go back, whatever the price.

Low cost

• Reviewed: October 3, 2017

That it had free parking albeit not enough spaces given the...

It was not as clean as I thought it would be - the facilities could do with some maintenance - I guess it's that way because it's not travel lodge (in hindsight perhaps I should have booked with Travel Lodge however finding one with parking in that area was difficult). The TV signal went off on my last night and did not come back on for hours - was still off by the time I checked out the next day (9am). I believe it affected every room as I could no longer hear the TV sounds from the rooms next to mine. It would have been nice if a notice was included in the booking description that the premises was undergoing renovations (construction work was going on at the premises). I had driven past the place twice as there was no sign up or notice with the name of the hotel - it just look like a property undergoing construction work. Isuppose that's what you get for £140 for a 2 night stay in London.

That it had free parking albeit not enough spaces given the number of rooms at the property; it was tidy. The 'housekeeper' (as she was referred to) was really nice - so much that I felt like I was being ungrateful for not really liking the facilities.

• Reviewed: August 2, 2017

Ok but difficult to find and no breakfast

No external signs so could not find the hotel. I was fined £65 by Transport for London as I stopped outside on a red route for a few minutes to phone the hotel for directions. Also the front of the hotel is under construction and does not look like it is open for business.

Clean room that was a good size

• Reviewed: July 20, 2017

Cheap place for families with kids at great ormond street hospital
    • Triple Room (3 Adults)

Needs better outdoor signage of its name as went past few times. Also clearer booking bit about food. I was sure I booked it with breakfast but they said I hadn't.

one of the cheaper offers near gosh.

• Reviewed: July 18, 2017

Do not stay here !
    • Very Small Twin Room

Extremely unclean, rude staff, blood stains on sheets, hair through the beds and bathroom, stains on the carpet, scum through the fridge and build up of rust and dirt through the kettle, false advertising of rooms which did not look like the photos, being verbally attacked by the cleaner, overpriced, linen that was unwashed and thread-bare, mould and scum through the shower, ungodly smell wafting from the drain throughout the entire room, poor location and refusal of refund when a complaint was made.

Nothing. This place was horrific.

• Reviewed: July 3, 2017

An excellent choice of hotel.
    • Very Small Twin Room

The staff were incredibly helpful and friendly. Never travelled to London before and the Kadimah Hotel was in a perfect location for us. Room was excellent and great value for money!

• Reviewed: June 25, 2017

A well connected and quiet place.
    • Triple Room (3 Adults)

Easy to arrive everywhere wit the public transportation, plenty of buses lines passing just on the corner, and the overground line is within a walking distance too.

• Reviewed: June 24, 2017

Great facilities! Fabulous air con!
    • Very Small Twin Room

Arrived quite late on a hot night (10pm) and only one member of staff had gone for some fresh air - started panicking a little that check in had closed as kept ringing reception and no answer, eventually found mobile number on door though hard to see in the dark and not clear to see. No breakfast in the morning, though the woman told us it said on the site there was no breakfast - on the keys to the door it said breakfast between 8-10 so it was confusing.

Fabulous facilities! Amazing air con. Good water pressure on shower. Friendly staff, comfortable bed. Buggy and child friendly. Reasonable sized room - was modest on site!

• Reviewed: June 1, 2017

Nice and peaceful place

Rooms can be noisy (you can hear the neighbours), but no problem with earplugs (and usually it was quiet after 10:30 pm).

My room was very clean and the shower worked well. The housekeeper was very nice and competent and always available. The WLAN was very good! The area is very nice, especially for women travelling alone, very safe and peaceful (might be because the majority of people is (ultra-) orthodox jewish). Nice kosher bakery just next to the hotel sells great pastries and salads!! Springfield park is very close, perfect for morning runs.

• Reviewed: May 29, 2017

Basic but clean and friendly
    • Very Small Single Room

Walls v thin so you can hear your neighbours

Comfy beds. Basic rooms but clean with toilet shower wardrobe tv coffee/tea facility and fridge. Asda Boots Sainsbury's and dominos right next door

• Reviewed: April 10, 2017

Very good for what I needed.
    • Very Small Single Room

- no staff after midnight. Wasn't a problem for me, but might be for someone else. - there was no breakfast option in my booking, but there's a good place (or several places) to eat down the street serving all-day cooked breakfast so it's not a real issue. - door lock wasn't the safest one.

Although I booked a "very small single room", I got a reasonably sized room (not small at all), overlooking a next-door neighbour's lovely garden. Bathroom with a window. Well-equipped room with a fridge, safe, ironing board, trousers straightener (or whatever that is), tea/coffee stuff, even an alarm-clock radio built into the wall. Location was good, close to Stamford Hill overground, and about 10-12 minutes fast-paced walk from Seven Sisters underground station. Pub and supermarket nearby. Nice friendly lady at the reception. Price was fair for the 2 nights stay. Wi-Fi very good, stable and fast, even for uploading lots of photos/videos.

• Reviewed: March 27, 2017

A bit run down but clean and friendly staff

The hotel is a bit run down and in bad shape. Sound travels too well through the building, you basically hear everything that is going on in the hallway. I'd recommend ear plugs if your sleep is light. The shower takes a long time to get warm.

My room was clean and tidy. Stamford Hill train station is only a 3 minute walk away and from there it takes about 15 minutes to get to the city via London Overground and the Tube. Considering that Tottenham in general is a problematic district of London, the hotel is located in an area which is relatively safe even at night.

• Reviewed: March 25, 2017

No customer service
    • Very Small Twin Room

Receptionist very unfriendly & unprofessional service, extremely small room. Very expensive for a 3 star hotel. Felt like a 1 star stay

Location is excellent as there were many shops nearby and a bus stop just outside.

• Reviewed: March 22, 2017

The room was aptly described (very small single bed) which...
    • Very Small Single Room

(they don't have it on booking.com site) they don't have staff after 12pm (midnight) so I wasn't aware and had to rush to get to the venue before the staff left. The presentation of the hotel is very poor but it's clean and warm. Perfect to JUST lay your head down for the night. Not luxury

The room was aptly described (very small single bed) which was all I needed. Very clean if not traditionally old fashioned.

• Reviewed: March 21, 2017

Rather rough place in Jewish part of London for exploratory minds

This place is not for the faint-hearted. Room is begging for repairs. Some furniture looks like it belongs to a scrap yard. Noisy neighbours were screaming and shouting till 2AM

Friendly staff, big supermarket next door

• Reviewed: January 24, 2017

Classic London
    • Small Double Room

Classic London hotel: bit shabby - nice staff - bit chaotic - looks better on paper than what it is but still perfectly fine. For the price we got it was a very good deal. The location is relative - if you want to be based in the East of London it is good. For central London you might want to look for something else.

• Reviewed: January 11, 2017

Not bad at all. It is what it is-tired hotel that requires some modernising but with clean rooms
    • Quadruple Room

It would have been nice to be informed that only skeleton staff where available from the time we checked in and the time we checked out. That said Maria the cleaner dealt with a key snapping in the door excellently notwithstanding that I was throwing my toys out of the Pram. This was an emergency and it would have been better if manager or assistant manager was there to deal with it. That said it served a purpose cheap accommodation close enough to Ally Pally. I would stay again.

The size of the quad room and the shower room and bathroom. The cleanliness of the room. Free car parking. Excellent WI Fi.

• Reviewed: November 24, 2016

I booked this place very last minute as I couldn't get...

I booked this place very last minute as I couldn't get an air bnb. Have to say not great £110 a night for a room with 2 single beds, not a double, very basic bedding and dark and dated decor.

• Reviewed: October 31, 2016

The hotel and room provided just what was needed for our short stay in the area.
    • Very Small Twin Room

For a twin the room was slightly cramped, but most probably reflected the value for money price.

Very conveniently placed for our needs and very competitively priced. The room was smaller than expected but was clean and tidy. The bathroom was suitable with a spacious shower. Staff were very accommodating and understanding of needs.

• Reviewed: October 27, 2016

Overall I liked it it was clean and in a good location.
    • Small Double Room

I didn't get the breakfast that was supposed to be included. They put me in the wrong room and then moved my belongings without my permission.I did not have a key for my new room and had to wait about 30 minutes before anyone came to reception and gave me a key for my new room.

The location was very good, there appeared to be one person looking after the whole place - she did a fantastic job of keeping the rooms clean - sheets and towels were very white.

• Reviewed: October 18, 2016

Near the city but dirty!
    • Medium Twin Room

The bad smell at the entrance and all along the corridor at the ground floor to the rooms together with the dirty floor, the dirt under the beds (when we moved the two separate beds next to each other, a wierd white powder and some cheerios were found on the floor), the non existent breakfast on Saturday (even if it was stated on the hotel page that a reduced breakfast was available).

Not too far from the center, bus stops in front of the hotel, recently renovated bathroom.

• Reviewed: October 11, 2016

Comfortable and clean and good on a budget
    • Small Single Room

Breakfast, although included in the room price, was not always available

Room was very comfortable and clean, staff were lovely and very friendly, close to public transport, and most importantly (in my opinion) the water pressure in the shower was excellent

• Reviewed: September 15, 2016

Worst hotel for the worst price.
    • Very Small Twin Room

The rooms were dirty. Had cobwebs on the ceiling. The beds were very springy and felt awful to sleep on. The room felt cramped and it's the worst hotek I have ever visited. I won't be recommending nor revisiting.

• Reviewed: September 6, 2016

Friendly staff, low-budget motel located steps from public transportation outside the city.

Perhaps my only real complaint was that the sink and the shower drains quickly backed up. I mentioned this after the first day, but upon returning to the room and using the sink and the shower, they still were draining extremely slow. I mentioned this again to the gentleman behind the desk upon checkout, and he ensured me that they would look into it and fix it.

The location was in an area of town that I wanted. It was one of the only motels in that area, and the price was fair in comparison to many others I reviewed online. The motel rooms were not very spacious, but for the value, I can't complain. If you're spoiled with needing a large room, you will be disappointed. The owner/receptionist was extremely friendly and helpful to ensure my car was parked for the duration of my stay, at no charge. Furthermore, she lent me an oyster card for me to top off and use on public transportation. The price was good if you're trying to travel on a budget, but just realize you're not at the Marriott. They did offer a breakfast in the morning, consisting of a couple types of dry cereal, bananas, hard boiled eggs, and I think bread and coffee. Not really appealing to me, so I declined.

• Reviewed: July 12, 2018

Dull

Soulless place staff distant, amenities poor.

Shower

• Reviewed: June 25, 2018

Disgusting, rude staff.

remove this choice of hotel from booking.com

Place unclean,facilities poor and unhygienic, no good with a 12 year girl.

• Reviewed: May 7, 2018

Convenience of location.p

Brown sheets. Dirty carpet. Uncomfortable bed

Location and parking

• Reviewed: April 26, 2018

Only the reception was beautiful the rest of the hotel was...
    • Economy Triple Room

The room was dirsty and but the toilet wasn’t clean 🙁

Only the reception was beautiful the rest of the hotel was so old and dirsty

• Reviewed: April 9, 2018

We had a good time
    • Quadruple Room

Parking on site, nearby station/busses, easy to get to shops

• Reviewed: March 18, 2018

Grotty Hotel dont be conned its anything different
    • Very Small Single Room

Looked great in the reception area looked nice and clean but the Room itself smelled and was grotty and grubby. The complete opposite of reception

• Reviewed: February 25, 2018

Very disappointed with our Stay. We won’t come back there anymore. Sorry, poor quality , expensive

The room and everything. Very poor service . just really disappointing .

• Reviewed: January 26, 2018

Wonderful
    • Small Double Room

The room lighting could be brighter.

The staff were very accommodating and very helpful and very friendly.

• Reviewed: January 6, 2018

Poor value for money - but great location and transport if you need to be in this area
    • Economy Triple Room

No staff around when needed - called multiple times and no answer, old building, service level way lower than the price

• Reviewed: November 13, 2017

We had no tv remote but that wasn't a major issue as it...
    • Triple Room (3 Adults)

We had no tv remote but that wasn't a major issue as it was late and we had phones.

• Reviewed: October 22, 2017

It was a pleasant suprise
    • Small Double Room

The staff were very helpful and friendly

• Reviewed: September 27, 2017

It was a pleasant suprise
    • Very Small Single Room

The staff were very friendly and obliging

• Reviewed: September 22, 2017

Nice , tidy , no problems
    • Small Double Room

I caught them when renovating .

Intimacy and good staff

• Reviewed: August 28, 2017

Must be closed for business

• Reviewed: August 3, 2017

the accomadition is under going building work which wasnt...
    • Small Double Room

the accomadition is under going building work which wasnt expected

• Reviewed: August 1, 2017

Good value
    • Small Single Room

Great for the money. I done the ride London cycle and this was a great place to stay.

• Reviewed: July 27, 2017

Really comfy bed and the staff were lovely!
    • Very Small Twin Room

Really comfy bed and the staff were lovely!

• Reviewed: July 23, 2017

The dedication of the staff was superb the cleanliness and...

The dedication of the staff was superb the cleanliness and service are to be commended

• Reviewed: July 13, 2017

Location location
    • Economy Triple Room

First appearance wa not good but undergoing refurbishment

• Reviewed: June 29, 2017

I dont wish to make any comments!
    • Small Single Room

I dont wish to make any comments! they are in the middle of renovatons, so it would not not be fair to them to make complaints or otherwise;

• Reviewed: June 25, 2017

construction work on going,

construction work on going,

• Reviewed: May 30, 2017

Basic but clean and comfortable

Basic but clean and comfortable

• Reviewed: May 22, 2017

Hospitality from the heart. Great service
    • Economy Triple Room

Warm and courteous attitude. excellent service.

• Reviewed: May 22, 2017

very friendly staff, clean room

very friendly staff, clean room

• Reviewed: May 10, 2017

the russian receptionist woman was really kind

matress

the russian receptionist woman was really kind

• Reviewed: May 6, 2017

Nice clean place to stay

Friendly staff ideal for working in London areas

• Reviewed: May 3, 2017

Good value for money
    • Very Small Twin Room

The room was clean and a comfortable size despite being described as a very small twin room. The bathroom had a lot of natural light from the window.

• Reviewed: April 14, 2017

The staff were very helpful and friendly and it's in a...
    • Small Single Room

The staff were very helpful and friendly and it's in a lively location!

• Reviewed: January 9, 2017

Good for a night of sleep or two.
    • Medium Twin Room

Too small for the price. Bathroom door's lock was broken. Water fountain was small and seemed untidy

• Reviewed: December 15, 2016

Decent stay for a stopover. Be ready to travel a little to get there. Would return.

No warning of cut-off time of midnight for check-in before booking.

Price decent.

• Reviewed: October 27, 2016

comfortable but needs updating

Old and needs updating

Locality

• Reviewed: October 17, 2016

Confortable stay in a good value for money hotel with friendly manager

Confortable bed Cleanliness

• Reviewed: October 15, 2016

In reception was lady very unfriendly rude talking to much...

In reception was lady very unfriendly rude talking to much about Preis. .👎👎👎 She was old lady in night shift

• Reviewed: October 8, 2016

Comfort

Comfort

• Reviewed: October 4, 2016

very kind and helpful lady in reception, on my arrival has kept everything ready. Thanks

closet was broken inside

Air conditioning and very soft bed

• Reviewed: August 16, 2016

Very comfy bed ;

Very comfy bed ;) Asda 1 minute away

• Reviewed: July 19, 2016

Acceptable for a few days.

The hotel itself is in dire need of a make-over. Everything is old, dated and ragged around the edges.

The room was very clean.

• Reviewed: May 17, 2016

it smells food on corridors, furnitures and everything is...

it smells food on corridors, furnitures and everything is really old. In the night, the lady who is responsible for the reception appeared with her strange sleeping pijamas after ringing the bell of 5 minutes

• Reviewed: May 5, 2016

It is the worst hotel I have ever used in the country.

It's just the worst hotel I have ever used. Very terrible hotel.

It is the worst hotel I have ever used in the country. Very dirty and smelly bedsheets. The roof of the ceiling was stained. Dirty bathroom. Grumpy receptionist. Very unfriendly. I will never use this hotel again and will never recommend this to anyone. The location of the hotel is good though.

• Reviewed: April 26, 2016

Moldavian woman at reception was very nice .

noise the first night. there was a jewish party ( it's a jewish area ) and there was noise until late ( 1am ) with people walking in the corridor. actually , walls are very thin and not only noise in the corridor but also noise in other room we could hear ( dintinctively people talking , alarm clock on morning ) hotel location is a little bit far away ( 1 hour with a bus from center but bus is very close from hotel ( 200 meter )

Moldavian woman at reception was very nice . room was fully equiped and very clean. supermarket very close from hotel , cheap and closed very late )

• Reviewed: April 25, 2016

Very good value for money.

Very good value for money. Clean room with immaculate bathroom. Hot and strong shower. Quiet and safe neighborhood. Very close to the overground station. Easy to find. Large and varied breakfast with fruit. Tea and coffee with milk available all the day. Will come and stay again.

• Reviewed: January 5, 2016

i liked your location.

i liked your location. Breakfast was delicious. the service was great i asked for another chair she brought it in 2 minutes. gave extra towels whenever needed. i thank you very much

• Reviewed: October 17, 2015

The room was perfect for 3 people, very clean and comfy!

The breakfast was a little but poor and no one was in the reception when we arrived and when we left. It is also a little difficult to achieve since it is far from the seven sisters station even by bus.

The room was perfect for 3 people, very clean and comfy!

• Reviewed: October 12, 2015

The rooms are fully equipped and the beds are quite...

The location of the hotel might seem a little bit far, but ask the staff. They guide you around the zone pretty well.

The rooms are fully equipped and the beds are quite confortable. Staff of the hotel is very nice and helpful.

• Reviewed: October 10, 2015

The location and price suited my needs and to be fair the...

The location and price suited my needs and to be fair the 'hotel' was clean and comfortable. No bar or restaurant but a couple of good food pubs and several restaurants ten mins walk away in Stoke Newington. Continental breakfast included if you get there before 9am.

There are also 40 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.