Reviews of Kelham House Country Manor Hotel

Main Street, Kelham, Newark upon Trent, NG23 5QP, United Kingdom

#9 of 12 hotels in Newark upon Trent

Great location and excellent food
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

There was a lot of noise from other guests we have another stay booked and hotel has offered a better room for next time

Great location and excellent food

Lovely stay, would recommend.
    • Classic Double Room

The room was very warm and we were unable to keep open the sash windows. A fan was provided in the room but would have liked the windows open to allow fresh air in.

Staff very friendly and efficient, bed, bathroom and breakfast excellent! 😊

Mixed views. The room was good with plenty of storage but breakfast sevice was poor.
    • Classic Double Room

The restaurant and breakfasts. There was very little in the way of vegan offerings at this hotel. The only vegan option on the menu for an evening meal was 'off the menu'. Breakfasts were acceptable but staff were disorganised even when only two tables were occupied.

The grounds are lovely with the right amount of managed and natural planting. lWe enjoyed a stroll through them a couple of times throughout our stay.

Nightmare experience around bookings,check in and check out still not resolved
    • Executive Double or Twin Room

Understaffed breakfast so service very slow Luke warm coffee Overcooked eggs No soap etc in room No umbrellas to walk from courtyard in the rain Very uncomfortable pillows Uncaring, disempowered staff who muddled bookings, check in and check out No response from formal complaint or from email to General Manager Overall experience negatively affected our enjoyment of our wedding attendance

Good location for wedding at Kelham Hall over the road Good car parking

Would not stay at this hotel again or recommend to anyone
    • Classic Double Room

Room not ready on arrival,frontage of picture above bed cracked,shower needs a deep clean to get rid of black at base of it,why table cloths on breakfast tables on second but none on first morning

Comfortable hotel in a lovely location.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Despite not many guests, service at dinner and breakfast was poor. It felt like the staff were busy doing other things... and the plumbing noises from 5am were very disturbing - but apparently a plumber was on their way.

Lovely bath, lovely views, enjoyable dinner.

Absolutely terrible certainly NOT worth the money.
    • Classic Double Room

Told we were able to book in earlier by reception as we we part of a wedding party then told no over the internet and again when we called to confirm....unfriendly, unapproachable and damn rude....The room size was small, the bathroom was in a poor state with patches of plaster and missing tiles and fittings. The bedroom was far too hot and the size of the bed was classed as a large double which in fact was a small double if that. Conducting interviews early in the morning outside the bedroom window was poor. No one has contacted me since the complaint.

Complained about the room being and the bathroom being tatty, the size of the bed surposedly being a large double when in fact it was a small double, the overbearing heat of the room, conducting interviews outside the window early morning vey loudly. No communication since the complaint was made.

Very appropriate place for a wedding venue but maybe not so for individual travellers.
    • Executive Double or Twin Room

We did request a bed with no footboard but no one said this wasn't possible, though it clearly wasn't. We had a very noisy radiator, which I have reported. Looking at the window frames and some of the carpet in shared areas I think the hotel needs a little TLC by maintenance perhaps? The breakfast buffet was rather old fashioned/plain, depending on your attitude, but there were no seeds, nuts or stewed fruit, which could have made it more imaginative.

We had a large room with a good view and extra seating. Good quality toiletries were provided. It was good to be outside the town, but within easy reach. The building is far enough back from the road to be nice and quiet. The cooked part of the breakfast was very good and there were several choices. The staff were helpful. It was interesting to be able to use the Nespresso machine in the room

Never again - Woken at 4.00 by antiquated heating system
    • Classic Double Room

Awoken at 04.00 by unbelievable noise repeated every 3 to 4 minutes which sounded like building works taking place in the hotel. Discovered it was "the heating system" . Checked out at 05.00 and drove home

Comfortable bed. Nice room in main building

The Bridal Suite is highly recommended!
    • Executive Double or Twin Room

I couldn't fault anything about the property.

It's a stunning building in beautiful grounds and was a very convenient location to access our wedding at Kelham Hall opposite. The breakfast options were varied and tasted exquisite. The staff were also very receptive to all requests from both ourselves and our wedding guests who had booked most of the rooms at the hotel that night. I would highly recommend the hotel to anyone considering staying there.

Sorry, but I won’t be going back.
    • Classic Double Room

My room had not been properly cleaned (a saggy balloon was left from a wedding party, I suppose), the heating made a dreadful racket and woke me at 5.30 am (when I complained there was no apology, just a promise to report it - but I was checking out) and the overall atmosphere was of one of those places that just hadn’t seen enough investment recently. The breakfast looked pretty desultory - although my cooked food was very good, when it arrived.

I so wanted to like this place as the staff were generally so helpful, but I couldn’t. .

Exceptionally pleasant staff and facilities
    • Classic Double Room

This is my first visit to Kelham House and it is one of the nicest hotels I have stayed in in this area. I have recommended it to my Operations department for other staff and colleagues to stay there.

Lovely place.
    • Classic Double Room

On one occasion I had to wait for over an hour to get a drink - as the lady in the restaurant seemed to have forgotten about me completely. She was new, but still - it was bit odd for this place. Lack of EV charging facilities, Pure EVs are becoming more and more common - and getting a grant to install a socket or multiple sockets isn't that hard these days. It would only boost up the place's status.

Good food, comfy and spacious rooms and nice location. Staff did let me plug in my car into the 3 pin socket.

I loved the location, it was little outside of city and...
    • Classic Double Room

There was no possibility to open the windows but we sort it out with cooling system.

I loved the location, it was little outside of city and wasn't very noisy. The place was very beautiful and room was exactly how we expected. The place wasn't noisy as well and we can enjoy our stay. Staff was very nice and helpful. We had dinner at restaurant. Can say just only good things about food.

Peaceful and relaxing with polite and helpful staff
    • Classic Double Room

You can only book bar drinks to your room after 11pm!

Lovely building in a lovely setting just outside Newark surrounded by countryside with a beautiful river in the grounds.

nice bit of peace and quiet time !
    • Classic Double Room

got the wrong part of the hotel , opposite , a bit confusing but got there in the end .

nothing was too much trouble , food was lovely ,breakfast was great and came very quickly and calmly , and it was hot . lovely quiet location

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

Warm, comfortable and relaxing
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

nothing, it was a great location for my trip

The room was a very large size and had all the amenities that you would need, it was warm and comfortable. The staff were very pleasant and helpful. I had dinner in the evening which was delicious.

Superb! Highly recommended!
    • Classic Single Room

I was attending my works Christmas function in Newark and I usually stay at The Millgate Hotel but it was fully booked for the night of 8th-9th Dec 2017. Kelham House hotel far outweighs my experience at the Millgte Hotel and I thought that was top drawer! Thank you for the experience

Overall ideal for what it was intended. An overnight stop onto the way elsewhere.
    • Classic Double Room

Heating turned off in the room on the coldest day of the year. Bed was only a small double. Continental breakfast could be a trade discretion violation. Cooked breakfast was nice but not a lot of it.

Staff were very friendly and the drive up to the hotel is excellent

Dissapointing attention to detail

First Impressions were good however when you look more closely the décor and furnishings are very tatty, dirty and marked. All walls and woodwork marked and chipped. My toilet seat was chipped and stained. A general lack of attention to detail. When reported at reception I was told that they had been extremely busy with over 100 weddings this summer. I said that this was still not an excuse for tatty and poor/dirty décor and furnishings. I also pointed out that I was looking for a venue to book on a regular basis for training staff. I would not be happy to pay for a venue with low attention to detail.

The staff were polite and very helpful.

A comfortable and welcome break for long journey North.
    • Classic Double Room

Beautiful location. A well kept, clean and comfortable period hotel. There was a party at the venue on the evening we arrived so did not feel we could use the bar. Went elsewhere for dinner. Excellent breakfast! A great way to break the journey.

Pleasantly surprised at a really nice last minute booking. Will definitely consider staying again.
    • Classic Double Room

Emptying the cesspit early in the morning outside our window. Could have booked it for later in the day.

Large very comfortable bed. Really lovely house, nicely restored. Pleasant staff

Room fine, brakfast poor , won't go back again. Half the fun of a B&B is the breakfast
    • Classic Double Room

Breakfast vey disaponting. Extremely slow service and cold when arrived. 3 people at next table got up and walked out could not wait for hot breakfast. Road outside quite noisy too.

Pleasant, hassle free, good location for my trip purposes
    • Classic Double Room

Breakfast somewhat disappointing - but dry. No menu readily available; no jams etc for toast on the table; staff could do with some training on setting out tables, waiting on tables, etc.

access; staff friendliness and willingness to help.

Great stay at a great price
    • Classic Double Room

Shame the double bed was made of two singles. Despite there being a desk in the room there was nowhere to work as the kettle and drinks took up most of the space.

Stunning venue, I was located in the coach house which felt like my own apartment. Great sized room and bathroom. Plenty of parking available. Breakfast was superb - Eggs Benedict were perfectly cooked.

It was ok, perfectly acceptable, but from reviews and ratings I had expected more.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Some stains on carpets. Burn hole in curtains. Coffee at breakfast was far from the best I'd tasted. Breakfast buffet cleared at 9.30 on the dot despite clients still being in the dining room, so unable to get extra juice, fruit etc after finished cooked breakfast. No-one offered extra coffee.

Nice to have a nespresso machine and pods in the room. Comfy bed. Nice toiletries provided.

Very good service as we were travelling with our disabled...
    • Classic Double Room

Very good service as we were travelling with our disabled mother. The staff could not have been more helpful and the room for her was ideal- room allocated specifically for her needs by hotel . Much appreciated

Nothing special
    • Classic Double Room

Restaurant closed as they were preparing for a wedding next day. Food only ok in bar and no toffee sauce for ice cream - very easy to make but they wouldn't oblige and were not busy. Toilet roll half used. Smallish double room. If you are here for a wedding then ok but otherwise you just have to fit in.

Plenty of room for cars. Lovely grounds.

Super comfortable affordable bed and breakfast
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

No outdoor seating around the coach house

We arrived really late but that was no problem and we were shown our room by night porter had a really comfortable night and excellent breakfast.

Charming hotel. Would return.
    • Executive Double or Twin Room

Wasn't keen on an empty reception and using a phone to have a member of staff come to check you in or deal with requests. Other than needing some brighter bulbs in the bathroom, which was a little dreary and some inexperienced staff albeit lovely, the hotel exceeded expectations.

Very clean and well kept. Good impression as we drove up and lovely room (we went for an executive room). Limited dinner menu but food was excellent and reasonable. Loved the coffee machine in the room.

Beautiful location, great staff, great value, we will return!
    • Classic Double Room

Room with an old fashioned key, worried a bit about security but not too much, not a big issue really. The temperature of the room was a little warm and there was no air conditioning.

Location is superb, picturesque and the bar area was lovely. Breakfast also great and staff very attentive. Nice decor.

Unhelpful staff and inflexible customer service
    • Classic Double Room

I'm going to start this review by saying I have stayed at Kelham Hall on several occasions as I travel to the area regularly. I have previously never encountered any issues, the rooms have been clean and in good order and the food in the restaurant lovely. That being said I was due to stay here last night and was travelling with my dog as I was attending a training workshop the following morning. My dog was seen by a veterinary physiotherapist the day before and unfortunately I was told that she was unwell and advised to rest her and not attend the training event. Needless to say I was very upset about this and needed to alter my plans. I completely understand and appreciate that hotels need to have cancellation policies. In this case they require 48 hours notice. However I had hoped that in the circumstances, given that my dog was unwell and that I have stayed here many times before, that the hotel would adopt a helpful and flexible approach and allow me to transfer the booking to another date. In fact I was travelling to Newark in two weeks time and would have stayed at the hotel again then. However I was met with a completely inflexible and unhelpful receptionist with a total lack of sympathy or human feeling. I was advised that I would be charged the full rate regardless. Well, I guess that's up to the hotel management but I for one will never be staying here again and I anticipate I would have stayed here a further 6 times during the remainder of the year. I will take my business elsewhere as there are plenty of other lovely hotels in the area! To add insult to injury when the hotel billed my credit card for the room they added an extra £10 surcharge for my dog who didn't stay at the property anyway. Charming!

I enjoyed staying here on previous occasions unfortunately this experience was not very good.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Certainly stay there again
    • Classic Double Room

We were in the annex, which involved a short walk across to the main house for breakfast; Not a problem on a fine day but might be irritating on a wet morning.

Large, well-furnished room, in quiet location: Staff pleasant, welcoming and efficient: Very good breakfast (didn't dine there because we were meeting relations elsewhere).

Lovely Country House Hotel

Nothing really

This is a lovely Georgian country house hotel. There are only 12 rooms but if the room I had is anything to go by you will not be disappointed. Staff are friendly and I couldn't really fault anything. If I ever need to stay in the Newark area again I will definitely use this hotel.

This was a classic "curate's egg". Some of it was very good and some of it was very bad.
    • Classic Double Room

The main and most upsetting thing that I did not like was that I had actually spent hours scouring booking.com hotel sites to find a room which had a bed big enough for me and my wife. (I am 1.94m - 6' 4.5" - and my wife is 1.75m - 5' 9") and it is physically impossible for us to sleep in a standard UK "double bed" which is only 1.35m or 4' 6" wide. We were happy to have located this hotel which offered a larger bed and we booked only on that basis and it was confirmed in our booking voucher. When we arrived, we were given a room with - what did you guess? - yes a standard UK "double bed". We returned immediately to reception and asked that we be given the room and bed which we had booked. The receptionist said that as far as she knew, the hotel was fully booked but she went to find the duty manager. I asked this lady when she arrived to give me the room I had booked but she stone-faced refused saying that all I was entitled to was a standard room with standard bed. She maintained this stance even when I showed her in black and white on my voucher that I had booked a room with a bed between 1.5 and 1.8m wide. She remained stone-faced, saying she was fully booked and then she threw in the statement that for that reason she could not possibly upgrade me to what I was asking for. Let us say that the argument became somewhat heated, greatly affecting my blood pressure from which I suffer. However, finally, with other guests arriving in the middle of this argument, she agreed to give me the room I had booked.

There were no croissants to be flaky as the continental breakfast had the least variety of food I have ever seen in any hotel bar none, but the Full English Breakfast was excellent. The King-size bed which I had specially booked was very comfortable when it was at last given to me after some heated argument. The staff - other than the duty officer who tried to insist that the only room available for me had only a tiny 1.35m (4' 6") bed - were excellent.

Poor service
    • Executive Double or Twin Room

The staff were unfriendly and lacked any customer service skills . There was no waitress in the breakfast room we sat for five minutes waiting and then had to go to reception to ask somebody to serve us when they arrived it was as though we were an inconvenience to them

The food was excellent

Lovely location
    • Classic Double Room

The breakfast was a bit disappointing. The cooked breakfast looked nice enough, but if you wanted just a continental, there wasn't much choice.

The room in the Coach House was spacious and quiet, with a very nice shower room (with disabled facilities).

Stayed on 'business' but it was more of a pleasure!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Lovely quality curtains but they let it some light around the edges. Could do with a blackout blind behind, though I'd rather been woken by natural light than noise .

The room and bathroom were spotlessly clean and the bed was extremely comfortable. The hotel was very quiet at night and I had a very good, undisturbed nights sleep. The sloping bath and very powerful shower were welcome luxuries , as were the high quality toiletries. Breakfast was efficient and beautifully cooked. Best eggs benedict I've had in a while. Coffee machine in the room was an added bonus, particularly as I had to work until quite late into the evening. Paid a reduced rate through a special offer but would have happily paid the full price.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

Ok, good 24 hour reception, comfy bed
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The reception and staff at breakfast were formal and polite but not really friendly. We felt quite rushed for breakfast and felt like they needed the room. The shower was very powerful and wouldn't stay in position so soaked the whole bathroom.

Bed comfortable. We arrived very late at about 2am so we're very happy that there was someone there to let us in.

Convenient A1 stopover
    • Classic Double Room

The property has been sympathetically converted into a hotel. Bathroom facilities were adequate but cramped; for example, our wash basin was designed for a cloakroom :(

A beautiful property in lovely surroundings, convenient to the A1 for an overnight stop. Friendly staff, comfortable room and a good breakfast.

Very very pleasant, brilliant staff.
    • Classic Double Room

Plates were cold which meant the food went cold too quickly. Menu whilst tastey could have been more comprehensive. Gents toilet was hazardous. Lots of overflowing pipes.

The staff were excellent. The food was good. It is a beautiful place.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Beautiful hotel with beautiful furnishings.
    • Classic Double Room

Paid £60(Booking.com offer) for first night but charged £70 for second for the same room....strange and I even asked about rate. Explained away by quoting something about occupancy and half price rate.. Small negative on a lovely hotel

Accommodation is very good,large room,large bathroom and large bed. Good sized TV,coffee and tea facilities and coffee machine(surprise). Breakfast was very good(scrambled egg and smoked salmon), strange that no preserves were on the buffet table(pedantic)but good to have something sweet after savoury.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Very disappointing
    • Classic Double Room

Room freezing cold though warm day unable to adjust heating receptionist came to alter and said it would take 1hr plus to warm up. When booking thought we would have a downstairs room in main house(due to dog) not outside in Coach house. Only bar available to eat, service slow due to Wedding tasters on in dining room.Breakfast very poor continental was yogurt,fruit juice and cereal, no fruit or cheese,bread etc. Cooked breakfast took ages to be served, bacon was cremated,eggs hard, poached eggs tasted of vinegar and were also hard,soda bread soggy with water. Had to ask for fresh coffee as first pot was stale and stewed, second like coloured water so we gave up. Bathroom needed updating and shower screen unable to stop the water flooding the floor.

Comfy bed

Relax and enjoy
    • Executive Double or Twin Room

We had no complaints at all

We really enjoyed our evening meal. It was very good and was very reasonably priced. The waiter service was also great. Breakfast was the same quality and there was lots of it to set us up for the day. Both meals were well prepared and cooked and therefore don't expect express service. quality takes time and is worth waiting a few minutes extra for.

great location and very relaxing
    • Classic Double Room

we did find that we had a number of light bulbs gone we should have gone to reception and asked them to be replace, but as we were new guest only staying for one night, we were surprised that they had not been changed?

room was very comfortable and good to have chairs to sit in would stay again

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

It was a pleasant weekend in the country even though the hotel was on the outskirts of Newark.
    • Classic Single Room

Lighting on the outside was limited rendering the walk to the car park quite dark. Not very good access for people with mobility problems unless I didn't find the lift to the upper rooms.

A pleasant location and tranquil after the wedding party had finished! Staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was nice and relaxing. A lovely pot of tea to start the day.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

the bedroom was a great size and the bed very comfortable,...
    • Executive Double or Twin Room

the bathroom did not match the bedroom. Very disappointing that no restaurant service available and that this was not flagged up during the booking process. The advertised bath robes in the room were not there

the bedroom was a great size and the bed very comfortable, great shower and towels

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

All the ingredients for a comfortable stay...
    • Classic Double Room

Breakfast was packed when I arrived with a big queue at the buffet, which was (randomly?) set up in the reception area. Didn't stick around (I don't queue for food)...

Warm quiet comfortable room, loads of hot water and a nice strong shower, comfortable bed with nice firm pillows and mattress, and free, fast internet with no 'login' rigmarole to go through.

• Reviewed: 17 December 2016

Potential to be great.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Just missed out on doing things well with the attention to detail missing. Missing towels, toiletries, no jam/marmalade. Shame as it has the potential to be a great hotel.

Beautifully laid out and tastefully decorated.

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

Good mid range hotel with excellent staff.
    • Classic Double Room

Hole in floor between radiators under bedroom windows was interesting. Long, narrow bathroom. Perhaps hotel coming up for a freshen-up - just beginning to look a little 'tired' decoratively in places.

Generally good and staff delightful. Good breakfast. Good location.

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

Enjoyable
    • Classic Single Room

I turned up shower control (in room 1) too far. Water scalding hot. No permanent damage. Suggest a warning notice.

Reminder of my son's wedding at Kelham 2 yrs ago.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

Anniversary at Kelham
    • Executive Double or Twin Room

The hotel had run out of coffee pods so coffee machine in the room was useless and no dressing gowns in the room as promised on the website.

Staff were happy to accommodate all requests.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

• Classic Double Room

Very disappointed with room. Tiny ensuite where the only way to pass your partner was to get really friendly. 4'6" bed not acceptable in this day and age. Peeling paintwork around Windows. Went with friends who had rooms in the coach house. Their's were great rooms. 6' beds, large bathrooms etc Breakfast ok but service poor. Overpriced considering the room we had. Would not recommend.

Very little.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

A relaxing stay in a comfortable small hotel
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The young staff although very willing and quick to help when asked were very amateurish and in need of training. Where were the grownups?

The meals in the restaurant were very good with some interesting combinations of flavours.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

Quiet.
    • Classic Double Room

Staff distant and aloof. Reception and bar area sterile. Reception quite often not manned. Buffet selection at breakfast selection was disappointing; I expected something grander from the appearance of the hotel!

Very peaceful location.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

A real gem!
    • Classic Double Room

We arrived quite late and left early the following morning but we were very impressed with our room. We brought our dog and stayed in the coach house. The room and bathroom were spacious, modern and clean. Unfortunately we had to leave before 8am on the Saturday morning so we missed out on breakfast but we will hopefully get to sample it next time we visit.

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

Nice location beautiful historical building.
    • Classic Double Room

It was a wadding going on and music was pretty loud. I think the hotel should notify when you booking a room the events like this happening during the stay.

Nice location beautiful historical building.

• Reviewed: 26 August 2016

Noisy and not a place if you have any dietary needs.
    • Executive Double or Twin Room

Biggest problem was the lack of awareness regarding Gluten Free diet despite being made aware of the dietary needs. Basically the chef was either ignorant or couldn't care about the information given to front of house staff. From not providing any gluten free snacks, to serving one of our party with food whilst ignoring the other gluten free person, to advising the person needing gluten free food that he could have an item on the menu which he most evidently could not, and only when a determined request to ensure this information was correct did we recieve the appropriate information. Really poor service in this day and age. And I don't think I have space to talk about the noise, including hoovering at 23:10pm!

Lovely room visually

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Big enough to cope, small enough to care
    • Classic Double Room

More staff required at breakfast time. The young girl who served us was very friendly and served with a smile, but she was clearly rushed off her feet as she was covering 2 or more rooms single handedly. This was the only flaw we found in an otherwise smooth operation

The room (6) was tastefully decorated, well appointed and what a view! The bathroom was very modern, spotless and the eke is toiletries were a nice touch. The shower was a bonus as it is very powerful. I had the best nights sleep which is unusual when I stay away. All staff were very friendly and welcoming on arrival, departure and in the bar and breakfast room

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

Room was very comfortable and clean

We had a long waiting time to be served at breakfast. Tables were all full with dirty dishes and we received our own cutlery in stages. It took ages for us to have everything we needed. The orange juice was not fresh at 9:00 (was it really fresh?)

Room was very comfortable and clean

Lovely breakfast and location
    • Classic Single Room

Unable to open bedroom windows safely, sash cords and weights missing, potential health and safety issue.

Lovely breakfast and location

Just one small thing , the front desk should be more in...
    • Executive Double or Twin Room

Just one small thing , the front desk should be more in style with the period of the hotel. Desk too modern looking. Otherwise a very enjoyable .

Staff were very happy to let us stay In the lounge bar area...
    • Classic Double Room

Staff were very happy to let us stay In the lounge bar area for a couple hours after check out time.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The stables accommodation is in great need of an upgrade. Painting and shower 😞

The location. 😁

Lovely location.
    • Classic Single Room

Lovely location. Staff very friendly.

very nice
    • Classic Double Room

could not turn heating down

nice evening meal

Beautiful hotel, just outside the historic market town of Newark.

No complaints at all.

Beautiful, traditional building in lovely grounds. Very clean and comfortable with friendly, helpful staff.

not brilliant for working in the room, table too small, seat...
    • Classic Double Room

not brilliant for working in the room, table too small, seat too low

loved breakfast
    • Classic Single Room

bed was too firm - prefer a memory foam mattress

loved breakfast

Friendly staff made you feel at home

Friendly staff made you feel at home

Excellent in every way

Excellent in every way

Lovely staff who made me feel really welcome.
    • Classic Single Room

Lovely staff who made me feel really welcome. When travelling on your own that makes a huge difference

Nice clean, comfortable room.
    • Classic Double Room

Nice clean, comfortable room. Excellent breakfast.

Food was excellent absolutely perfect.
    • Classic Double Room

Food was excellent absolutely perfect. Comfortable rooms and very clean. Will come back for sure

Very pleasant would definitely return

Not sure.

The professional welcoming staff.