Reviews of Kempfield House

18 Madeira Place, Kemptown, Brighton & Hove, BN2 1TN, United Kingdom

#30 of 67 B&Bs and inns in Brighton & Hove

• Reviewed: July 16, 2018

Great location, appalling value for money overall.
    • Small Single Room

Size of the room was 4mx2m. For £130 for the night, I was shocked. Shower had mould around the base. Overall room was very shabby indeed, so are the common parts. Hotel is in desperate need of some TLC, it could be amazing, but isn't. Exceptionally disappointing value for money.

Beautiful building from the outside. Location was amazing. Staff were helpful, but only met them after I'd checked out, later that evening when I returned to pay for my parking card. No one seems to manage the concern or be on site 24/7.

• Reviewed: July 14, 2018

Very enjoyable
    • Superior Room

Attention to detail, some areas untidy and in need of painting

The location size of room, comfort of the bed. Breakfast really nice and staff very friendly

• Reviewed: July 13, 2018

Less than average
    • Superior Twin Room

The shower was worse than useless. The curtains didn’t pull in our ground floor room. The breakfast room in the basement looked out on cigarette ends, dead spiders and our detritus.

Not much!

• Reviewed: July 12, 2018

Quiet, clean and convenient
    • Small Single Room

Check in process relies on you receiving a text which didn't arrive for me. Easily resolved on arrival through use of the 24 hour reception phone

Small room and bathroom (a marvel of planning!). Clean, functional and close to the centre but far enough away to be quiet. Breakfast was good with lots of options and staff were friendly. Would happily stay again

• Reviewed: July 8, 2018

A lovely place for a quick stop at Brighton

A bit hot at the top floor but expected considering the weather. Fan provided so was manageable

Friendly owners who were accommodating and tried to help with early breakfast needed. Great location for Brighton and super clean.

• Reviewed: July 7, 2018

A lovely stay near the beach

A really great, warm welcome. The room was lovely, clean and well presented. The breakfast was very good; the staff were friendly and helpful. The place was perfectly situated, just a short walk to the beach. I heartily recommend this place.

• Reviewed: July 7, 2018

Enjoyed central location but need another holiday to make up for the heat discomforture.

Our room CARLTON on top floor was like sleep deprivation torture owing to: No AC and almost unbearably hot and fan at night.is too noisy to sleep. Birds trying to access the one window meant one dare not open the blind so no air. Dining room was ridiculously grubby with thick dirt on dado rail right in one's line of sight. Watched waiting staff only clean parts of tables - not moving vases or menu stands etc. Every day ran out of glasses, bowls etc. In dining room. All these issues were in stark contrast to the lovely people that run the hotel. Such a pity.

Friendly, helpful staff. Room equipment good. Geographical location excellent.

• Reviewed: July 4, 2018

Friendly staff, excellent breakfast but very poor communication and very noisey from 4.30am

It was very frustrating trying to communicate before arrival. I tried booking.com messaging twice and no answer. I tried a direct email from their website. I tried the mobile number, which went to voicemail that was not answered. I tried the landline number which went to mobile and then voicemail which was not answered. I began to worry they had gone out of business. I eventually got a text the day before arrival, but by that time I was very concerned about our plans. We were walking with heavy bags so it would have been a problem to find somewhere else at short notice.

The staff very very friendly. Breakfast was excellent. Check in and out easy.

• Reviewed: July 3, 2018

Had a really lovely stay in the Regency room. Would highly recommend this room/hotel.
    • Superior Double Room with Four Poster Bed

The room was much bigger than advertised in the pictures. Bed was extremely comfy, had a choice of firm or soft pillows, walk-in shower. Small bottle of wine on arrival, plus complimentary water and colas. Friendly staff too.

• Reviewed: June 26, 2018

Good choice!

We were told a 'take away' breakfast would be delivered to our room in the morning because we had to leave for a flight, but nothing came and we couldn't locate anyone to ask on our way out. We booked in part because the stay included breakfast so this was disappointing.

Friendly , helpful staff. Great location!

• Reviewed: June 25, 2018

Ok for one night.
    • Superior Room

Some decor/condition in the room tatty. Breakfast was not nice - sausage and egg undercooked. Hash brown soggy.

Central location and comfortable bed.

• Reviewed: June 25, 2018

Great Base for a weekend stay

We could only watch Catch up on the TV in our room but as I said the B & B does appear to be a work in progress and we were told that the person hadn't turned up to connect it. When the refurb is complete this will be an excellent B & B in an ideal spot

The host was away and her partner did his best to sort everything out for us. The B & B appears to be going through a refurbishment so hopefully when all is finished this will be a fabulous place to stay. The dining area was all finished and looked very good with an excellent selection for breakfast We could only watch Catch up on the TV in our room but as I said the B & B does appear to be a work in progress

• Reviewed: June 24, 2018

Far better than The Willows

Location, free upgrade (due to someone else cancelling), good breakfast included. 'Lively' area. Managed to shoe-horn my motorcycle into the bike bay directly outside.

• Reviewed: June 19, 2018

Brilliant

Only problem I had was the poor WiFi

Truly excellent stay wonderful hosts, great location, very comfortable, lovely breakfast, value for money. Wish I could take this guest house with me on every trip.

• Reviewed: June 15, 2018

The room was perfect, elegant and new furniture, with all we...
    • Superior Room

When we arrived for the check in, we realized that the system had only 1 day reserved, whereas it should have been 5 days. After the first shocking minutes, the lady at the reception helped us sorting out the situation and calling Booking.com.

The room was perfect, elegant and new furniture, with all we needed. The guy serving the breakfast has been really friendly and tried his best to make everyone happy.

• Reviewed: June 14, 2018

Everything!
    • Small Single Room

Everything! Beautiful and cozy room, very good sleep, cookies and tea in the room, amazing breakfast, easy and fast check-in and check-out, friendly staff and the owner, good vibes all around the hotel. And location - very close to the sea

• Reviewed: June 11, 2018

Close to town but needs a bit ofTLC

Quite noisy outside until early hours. Needs a bit of a spruce up. Breakfast very good but took over half an hour to arrive. I k ow it’s cooked to order but it was incredibly slow.

Great staff, location brilliant.

• Reviewed: June 11, 2018

Location is great but there is a high price to pay!

Apart from the actual cost of a night being massively inflated, the price I am referring to is the lack of sleep!! The noise didn’t stop until around 5am. Window had to remain open as it was warm so zero chance of escape. I asked for a quieter room as noise is no good for me but that was not possible. Only book if you can sleep through a hurricane!

Location and easy access. Staff very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: June 10, 2018

Only place we stay in Brighton
    • Small Double Room

Brilliant hotel with friendly staff who go the extra mile. brilliant breakfast. Location is perfect, everything is within walking distance and only about a minute walk to the pier. Couldn’t recommend this place enough, only place we ever stay when we visit Brighton!

• Reviewed: June 9, 2018

Happy, would go back now prepared about parking issue.

No lift and room could be several flights of stairs up. Parking bit of a problem but Brighton is the same all over.

Basic but clean. Breakfast very good.

• Reviewed: June 8, 2018

Nice place! Maybe request a room that doesn't overlook Madeira Place.

My room was overlooking Madeira Place and hot in the afternoon --- the trash guys woke me up in the morning tipping the dumpsters into their truck very early.

Very near the beach, friendly staff (although not around all the time during reception hours)

• Reviewed: June 8, 2018

Awesome!

It was really nice experience. We've booked in the last minute and we got room with jacuzzi which was amazing! Everything really clean and staff really nice! Highly recommend! Delicious breakfast!

• Reviewed: June 5, 2018

We will not be coming and staying again.

The breakfasts were slow and not properly organised except on the last morning when there were only 4 eating. One morning we did not have cups and not one singled member of staff spoke to us.

The premises were clean and tidy and the owner was polite and interested in us.

• Reviewed: May 31, 2018

Welcoming and comfortable stay. Breakfast was very good.

Very noisy at night, but this was more to do with external noise from late night revellers, which seems to be the case wherever you stay within Brighton.

Received a warm welcome, breakfast was good, room was comfortable.

Short and sweet
    • Small Double Room

Bed was a little firm, the room was as described small double. Central location excellent

Text message re entry Accommodating my daughter for breakfast

• Reviewed: May 29, 2018

Excellent breakfast, friendly staff.

There wasn't any running water at least some of the morning when we were checking out. Also on first day when it was very hot outside, our room was uncomfortably hot (my partner felt ill). There is a little fan in our attic room but it didn't help much.

Excellent breakfast, friendly staff.

• Reviewed: May 29, 2018

Brilliant communication and super helpful staff! Comfortable stay in a great location.
    • Superior Double Room with Four Poster Bed

The wait for breakfast was quite long, and had to ask a few times for cups, mugs and glasses.

• Reviewed: May 27, 2018

Comfy, cute and perfect location
    • Superior Room

Whole stay was lovely, room was comfortable and clean, breakfast was fresh and very tasty. The staff excelled themselves, helpful, polite and went out of her way to make the stay even better, we was given a phone charger at 11pm when I had forgotten my own, they gave the impression like nothing was a problem, we will use this hotel again and definitely recommend to others!

• Reviewed: May 23, 2018

The Hat's
    • Superior Room

Great owners, excellent location. Close to everything with a fabulous coffee shop opposite. Good breakfast with an excellent choice.

As previous reviewers have said some work needs doing but you can see it's under way.

• Reviewed: May 21, 2018

Perfect in every sense of the word! :)
    • Superior Room

There was clearly some work that needed doing in the property. For example, my room ceiling was peeling possibly due to a water leak. That would need patching and repairing. I know the building is older, however the windows were single pane and you could hear motorcycles etc roaring passed late at night. They are currently renovating so I know that they'll have it sorted by the time I return! :) Thanks so much guys!

The bed was incredibly comfy, the staff couldn't do enough for you! Absolutely perfect from start to finish. Was so friendly but professional and I couldn't have asked for better hosts. The breakfast was to die for! You have not had a decent Full English until to you've eaten here. Absolutely spot on! Would definitely stay again!

• Reviewed: May 20, 2018

I probably would stay again, if the price matched the experience.
    • Superior Twin Room

The walls were paper thin, I heard every word spoken at the front desk (my room was next to the desk). The bathroom was just as difficult for the price of this place. It's a wet room, so there is a shower without any curtain, or divider, or even ridges on the floor to direct the water into the drain. Also a little uncomfortable with the small bottle of complementary wine because the seal was already broken on it...

The location was fantastic and the staff was really polite.

• Reviewed: May 17, 2018

Single room was exactly as advertised - small, but...
    • Small Single Room

Single room was exactly as advertised - small, but comfortable. The hotel is located in a quiet part of the city center and close to the sea. Staff is extremely helpful and friendly. Wonderful breakfast. Great value for money! Many thanks for your work!

• Reviewed: May 14, 2018

We enjoyed our stay and would visit again.
    • Superior Room

There is work being completed on the property at the moment, which I am sure will benefit all guests, however, it would have been nice to be informed beforehand. There was a significant amount of dust around the building, in particular at the breakfast bar the following morning.

The room was a nice size and bed quite comfortable.

• Reviewed: May 14, 2018

Excellent stay, will go again.

The receptionist was also the lady who owns the hotel with her partner... enthusiastic, friendly. They are obviously working on the place so it will only get better. It's directly opposite a tea room and an Italian restaurant and a short walk from the sea front and pier, yet quiet.

• Reviewed: May 13, 2018

Loved it!
    • Superior Twin Room

I had 'parking' as a filter for my hotel search through travago / booking.com and there is indeed parking, however on the road at a cost of a tenner..that's actually ok for 24 hours of parking but it could have been clearer what and how the parking works on the website. Other than a de-limescaling of the shower head, everything else was fantastic!

Really friendly and helpful staff. The room was excellent with some nice touches. The room we had was very spacious and comfy. We arrived late, which they accommodated. Breakfast was excellent with a friendly and competent server. Big TV in the room and a really lovely four poster bed. Our room was tastefully decorated, the bathroom was good and clean. The location is excellent for us. Kempton has become pretty gentrified since my last stay there, but there are good bars and restaurants close by, as well as the usual good things to see and do nearer the centre.

• Reviewed: May 13, 2018

Still to be renovated….

We were in the Madeira Room on the third floor. The room was decently sized but really badly kept. The carpet was stained and the bathroom's tiles were craked and chipped and the paint on the door was peeling. There were stains on the bathroom shelf and overall it looked like it had not been cleaned in a while. When I asked the management they said they are in the middle of a renovation so that was just a room that still needs to be done… this unfortunately does not explain why the bathroom was not clean but they said that if I ever come back I will get an upgrade. I haven't seen any other room so I cannot comment on that but other reviewers seem happy- I probably just have been very unlucky.

• Reviewed: May 12, 2018

Relaxed overnight stay in a great location

The property looked rundown inside. Breakfast room had a large damp patch on the ceiling with flaking paint. Our room was clean but again in need of a lick of paint.

Service was excellent. Staff were really friendly and helpful. Breakfast was excellent with a big selection Inc eggs Benedict and skippers.

• Reviewed: May 11, 2018

The recent new owners have gone above and beyond to take an...
    • Superior Double Room with Four Poster Bed

The recent new owners have gone above and beyond to take an old worn property and really make it a great place to stay. Chocolates, cookies and a small bottle of wine were a nice touch; a request for a room with a better view was cheerfully met. In 14 nights in England and Wales, this was our best experience overall, and the best value. The breakfast was as good as any.

Staff friendly and great location

Room basic and very warm as in loft space. Bathroom scruffy.Breakfast chaotic running out of croissants and sausages.

Staff friendly and great location

• Reviewed: May 7, 2018

A very homely place in a lovely location
    • Superior Room

I did not like the shower. Wet rooms are rather inconvenient and it also took a while for the water to warm up

I liked how there was plenty of storage space within the room and the having armchairs in the room was an added touch!

• Reviewed: May 7, 2018

Had a lovely stay, alway's tell friends of Kempfiled, so please keep up standard we are used to.

Bathroom need's to be cleaner, also cracked sink replaced.

Have been visiting Kempfield house for past few years, I love it. Not sure if changed hand's, but seemed a little run down this time ceiling's cracked in need of repair. Dining room not as clean, dust above dado rail also sauce on wall. Wall's quite thin, had a major snorer next door kept me awake most of the night. Saying this the people are lovely also staff, would still visit again.

• Reviewed: May 6, 2018

The rooms are very clean, new and recently done up - they...
    • Superior Twin Room

The rooms are very clean, new and recently done up - they are very cosy. communication was great and you even get a parking permit to place on the car. Breakfast was included so is s little gem and was a great find. Location is also great!

• Reviewed: May 4, 2018

Very nice
    • Superior Double Room with Four Poster Bed

Great four poster bed and large room . Very clean and with everything you need even chocolate and wine on the bed when arriving and vicky the manager is very nice and welcoming. Thank you. Jamie

• Reviewed: May 3, 2018

It was a really lovely stay
    • Superior Double Room with Four Poster Bed

Breakfast was nice , but unfortunately everything was a bit rushed and coffee wasn’t great .

The host went out of their way to make our stay as good as it can get .

• Reviewed: May 2, 2018

The staff were very friendly, and it is located very close...
    • Small Double Room

There are narrow stairs to negotiate.

The staff were very friendly, and it is located very close to the beach boardwalk and interesting sites in town. The rooms were clean and compact. They serve a delicious breakfast that is included in the price!

• Reviewed: April 29, 2018

Absolutely fantastic price.
    • Small Single Room

Backs onto a nearby pub garden meaning it was a little noisy for the first part of the evening, but quiet after closing time

Absolutely fantastic price. Mints on the pillow. Well stocked room with everything you could need

• Reviewed: April 29, 2018

Very friendly welcome and assisted us with parking regs as...
    • Superior Room

Very friendly welcome and assisted us with parking regs as we never been to Brighton before!! Our room was clean and spacious and bright. Bed was comfortable too! The breakfast was superb and hot food cooked to your specifications,,friendly and helpful breakfast staff!! Can’t fault this hotel

• Reviewed: April 25, 2018

Very happy with our choice !
    • Small Double Room

All the staff were friendly and always with a smile on their face.They offered us a complimentary drink on our arrival which made us feel very comfortable and nice.I totally recommend it.

• Reviewed: April 25, 2018

Nice rooms close to the sea front and a great breakfast

Very good location. Staff were very helpful but not always around to answer questions. Our rooms were great and very comfortable. There was an excellent breakfast served by excellent staff.

• Reviewed: April 22, 2018

So very noisy - would not return or recommend!
    • Small Double Room

Very very noisy. Narrow street with tall buildings both sides. Every little noise was amplified. People outside very near pub, traffic using road, sirens and bins being emptied very early in the morning meant we had very little sleep. The room was very warm but having the window open made the noise worse. It might have been better if we had been in a room at the back.

Comfortable bed lovely white fresh bedlinen . Good coffee breakfast ok.

• Reviewed: April 22, 2018

perfect location, friendly and helpful staff, spotlessly clean.
    • Small Single Room

The room could have done with a simple shelf inside the open wardrobe. Because it is so small, there really is nowhere to put folded clothes. The same goes for a the bathroom.

Victoria and Zac were key to making my stay amazing. Helpful, friendly and happy to go the extra mile. Thanks ever so much. My single room was very cozy, but was all I needed.

• Reviewed: April 21, 2018

Weather was lovely which was a bonus. Close to the beach and pier.

It was quite noisy. Heard everything in the next room. Couple had a bit of an argument so was kept awake. Otherwise it was ok. We were on the 3rd floor and there are no lifts, but it does say in the description. So kept us quite fit.

Staff were lovely, bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: April 20, 2018

The added bonus was the great weather.

There are lots of stairs. I have osteoarthritis and there were four flights of stairs to our room but this is how houses were build in the 18th century.

The owners of Kempfield House only moved in last November so have a lot of work to do. They were very welcoming and couldn't do enough for us. It is very difficult to park in Brighton but we were very lucky to find a space opposite the hotel and they provided a parking permit for £10 a day.

• Reviewed: April 18, 2018

Best location even without sea views - cool when its warm...

Best location even without sea views - cool when its warm and warm when its cold. - Tea making facilities with chocolate & biscuits! - Good size bathroom/wetroom. - Fast, cheerful & helpful staff. - Literally a 4 min walk from coach station, 20mins from trains station, 8mins from the Lanes, 2mins from shop (suppermarkets too) And 20min from open market - Towels provided - Lovely breakfast area in the basement - THIS IS NOT A NEGATIVE but there are a few floor with stair access only We was on the top floor and had no problem but it might not suit ALL

• Reviewed: April 18, 2018

Wonderful place to stay in central Brighton near the pier, perfect for the marathon
    • Superior Double Room with Four Poster Bed

Building needs a bit of work, but site and welcome made up for a little shabbiness.

The welcome items in our room were great; tea, coffee, hot chocolate, biscuits, wine & chocolates. We felt pampered. Remote check-in friendly and parking advice helpful. Good breakfast

Welcoming and light.

In one room the shower always leaked because the slope to the drain was not enough which was irritating. Generally not enough attention to detail.

Very good breakfast, nice airy and large rooms, really convenient for all things Brighton, good supplies in rooms and fridges.

• Reviewed: April 17, 2018

Good value stay in Brighton
    • Superior Room

The hotel is in a good location about ten minute walk to the concert venue and a few minutes from the sea front. The bedroom was clean, bed was ok and a decent shower etc. Please be aware that this is a tall town house building so you may have to climb a number of stairs to the upper rooms and if you are tall watch your head! Breakfast was very nice, all the staff we encountered we very helpful. Overall very good value for the date we stayed compared with chain hotels.

• Reviewed: April 15, 2018

Perfect for our short stay.
    • Superior Double Room with Four Poster Bed

The shower pressure was very weak.

The complimentary wine and chocolate in the room on arrival was lovely, the four-poster bed was comfortable and the room very spacious.

• Reviewed: April 11, 2018

The owners were really lovely and so friendly and welcoming.

Parking is a bit of a nightmare I must admit. I did manage to get a parking space near to the guest house thanks to the lovely owner who spent 10 mins helping me to squeeze into the space. Having said that, you really don't need a car as everything is within walking distance including the train station.

The owners were really lovely and so friendly and welcoming. Although some of the rooms were in need of a little TLC,I think that they were still lovely and the new owners are rectifying that very quickly.The rooms they have worked on are wonderful. Every room is spotlessly clean. I can't rate them highly enough. You don't need a car as everything is literally within 5 -10 mins walk. I would absolutely recommend them and hope to return shortly.

• Reviewed: April 10, 2018

the location was great and the staff very friendly once we...

on check in we could not get hold of anyone for about 30 minutes - kept going to voice mail

the location was great and the staff very friendly once we managed to get them

• Reviewed: April 8, 2018

The owner of the hotel was very friendly and helpful, and...
    • Small Double Room

The owner of the hotel was very friendly and helpful, and made us feel really welcome. The hotel was excellent value for money and well-placed for easy exploring of Brighton.

• Reviewed: April 7, 2018

Good b&b, great location and value and good communication from the hosts. Would look to stay again

Very loud water pump in bathroom (patching room). Not an issue for us but imagine it would be for others

Communication from the owners was good prior to arrival and check in

• Reviewed: April 7, 2018

Kempfield did the job but we were not overwhelmed

The establishement is generally tired. The restaurant, however nicely arranged, is actually located in the basement, and the bedroom is quiet noisy (next rooms, nearby nightclub, seagulls)

The location was perfect next to the pier, the bed was confortable and the bedroom cosy. We were warmly welcomed and the staff is cool.

• Reviewed: April 7, 2018

Great weekend in lovely seaside town
    • Small Double Room

Parking was a pain but that is Brighton for you not the hotel’s fault - difficult and relatively expensive unless you can use the “Hotel Visitors” pass at £10.00 street parking for 24hours - but good luck finding a space.

Excellent location for exploring Brighton seafront and the Lanes. The room was small but we were advised of this in advance but immaculate. Staff were very helpful and friendly. The breakfast was first class with a multiple choice. Amazing value for money

• Reviewed: April 4, 2018

Friendly, facilities in room ok, considerate of parking permits.
    • Superior Twin Room

We asked for no beans at breakfast unfortunately we got them asked to have them removed and they did but obviously the other contents of English breakfast was dabbed off of bean juice ! We didn't moan just ate it otherwise it would of been a waste of food. Needs new carpet as it didn't quite fit and paint on it. But I'm sure they will sort as they are new owners and are decorating.

Friendly, central location.

• Reviewed: April 1, 2018

staff were excellent, breakfast was very good,bed comfy and...
    • Superior Room

staff were excellent, breakfast was very good,bed comfy and clean ,but the room needed attention ,paper stuffed in light holder bathroom door did not close properly ,some grouting needed renewing ..small jobs that should be put right.

• Reviewed: March 31, 2018

Good value. Good location
    • Small Double Room

It's an observation, not complaint - the rooms are for sleeping in ;-) Very compact, but comfortable and well equipped. If staying for work, as I have previously, breakfast from 8am doesn't always work.

The hotel is perfectly located for the pier, beach, Concorde 2 and Kemptown. Parking is not too stressful.

• Reviewed: March 31, 2018

Great location and value!
    • Small Single Room

Water pressure in upstairs (3rd floor) shower was a bit of an issue at times.

Great location and value! And such unbeatable prices. Breakfast was just delicious and cooked to perfection.

• Reviewed: March 26, 2018

Friendly, clean and good breakfasts

The owners are relatively new and are refreshing the decor as necessary. There is a little to do in the bathroom of the room we stayed in. The staff were keen to hear our comments on this. We saw a workman arrive to continue the ongoing improvements and feel confident to stay again.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Very comfortable stay. Excellent breakfast including vegan option.

• Reviewed: March 23, 2018

Great fun and banter with the hosts.
    • Superior Room

No comment on this,after having spoken to the hosts and the property and its environs are ongoing projects gradually being upgraded,suffice to say we thoroughly enjoyed our 3 days.

Shower big,fine spray,slight leakage of water but attended to immediately.Big room.Great breakfast.We had to book 1 extra night due to circumstances ,and that was no trouble.Thank you too Victoria and Zak,the hosts we had a great 3 days and will be back.

• Reviewed: March 22, 2018

Overall we had a great stay, comfortable, close to amenities, friendly staff, value for money.
    • Superior Double Room with Four Poster Bed

Ceiling in restaurant had a bit of damage.

The bed was comfy. Loved the little welcome pack of chocs and wine - nice touch. English Breakfast was delicious.

• Reviewed: March 22, 2018

Lovely weekend break, fantastic and helpful hosts.

There really wasn't anything to complain about. We had a fantastic stay, would absolutely stay again.

Perfect location, fantastic staff, lovely room,huge comfortable bed, delicious breakfasts.

• Reviewed: March 21, 2018

Good location, very clean, but also tired decor and linen which didn't feel nice. Would not return.
    • Superior Room

The place was generally tired. There was flaking ceiling paint. The bed linen was polyester type and washed many times so it didn't feel or smell fresh or nice on your skin. Same with the towels - they were clean, but bit tired and dull. As are the curtains. I didn't sleep well. I didn't see any staff though I had received a friendly text before I arrived. I decided not to stay for breakfast as I just didn't feel comfortable so left at 8am and found breakfast elsewhere. Just not for me.

The room had everything in it you needed, such as hairdryer, hot shower and some little extras like a small wine and some mints and it was very clean.

• Reviewed: March 16, 2018

Way overpriced, will not be returning.
    • Small Single Room

Room way overpriced for what it was. Cramped single room, paper thin walls, and a cheap almost camp bed with a poor mattress. It was hostel quality for hotel prices. No breakfast available before 8.30am on Sundays and nobody on duty onsite Saturday evening or Sunday morning. I wrote to the hotel on my return to give feedback privately and said I would not post a public review, but as I received no response I'd like to give others fair warning. Very poor.

• Reviewed: March 14, 2018

Breakfast was great.

Parking, but Brighton is a nightmare and no fault of the hotel!

Breakfast was great. The room was clean and the bed was good! Very helpful with regards to parking. Check in/out couldn't have been easier.