Reviews of City View Hotel Stratford 2 stars

11 Church Street North, Newham, London, E15 3HU, United Kingdom

#803 of 977 hotels in London

6.2

5.9

Absolutely disgusted that they can even think of charging for this!!!!!!!@ We booked to stay for a night so my partner and I could have a night out in London and surrounding area.... When we arrived we were booked in and asked for I.d. so they could photocopy it! Thought this practice went out years ago. However ........ on we go. We paid on arrival and were shown to our room. Room number 2. Was a spacious room with big windows. However we noticed the head of the double bed was at an angle. We looked at the bed and found that one of the me to struts on the side of the base had broken and they had attempted to fix this by screwing a piece of wood to the bed to bridge the gap. That was a dodgy solution at best considering the wood was now split too!!!! We went to reception, explained the bed, the receptionist appologised and got as another room. What can I say about this one!!! Except .... I WISH WE HAD KEPT THE BROKEN BED ROOM The new room is shown in its glory in the attached pictures... 2 double beds shoved in, A skylight that had what appeared to be brown tape blocking out all potential light (wouldn't have been a problem except for the next point) Room had NO window except one in the bathroom that looked out to where the was a little area which we saw the staff smoking in. The bathroom... well wow it was massive... with plaster falling off the ceiling With a shower that could only be used if u held it up yourself over your head as there was no way of putting the showerhead on the pole itself!! So we thought ok put the tv on and figure out what to do.... sky box turned on but when switched tv on there was no signal!!!! Upon inspection it would help if the aerial wire wasn't broken off at the socket on the wall!!! We would have picked up our bags demanded a refund and gone had it not been that it was late and we were hungry. JUST DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR AND DO NOT STAY HERE. DISGUSTING

Only thing I liked was LEAVING!

Very dirty, stains on the walls and carpets, and the bathroom wasn’t very clean- had to bleach the toilet ourselves. Had to swap rooms on arrival as our first bathroom was unacceptable. Choice of cereal for breakfast was very limited and eggs were not done as requested. Also no shower mat or hand towel and no air on, only a fan which wasn’t doing much. The whole place could do with a lick of paint and a deep clean.

Close to London stadium and Westfield, and bus stop nearby. Bed and towels were clean. The main woman on the reception desk was friendly.

• Standard Twin Room

There was a slight musty smell in the bathroom and there was no milk with the tea making equipment.

We got exactly what we expected for the price we paid. Breakfast was okay and room was clean and comfortable.

• Basic Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The breakfast was unfortunately dismal. I had the cooked options and asked for sausage, egg and toast. The portions were tiny with only one sausage and one egg and then a small pile of beans. Couldn't eat the egg and the sausage was clearly microwaved. Toast and beans were fine. To be fair there was also plenty of jam and butter to coat the toast. I do wish I had just got cereal.

The room was comfortable and fit for purpose although small. The shower was the best part of the stay as it was hot and powerful! Entertainment was available in the room with basic cable hooked to the t.v. and an extra HDMI cable for hooking up your own computer. Coffee and juice were good. Staff were very friendly. Overall cleanliness was good. Lounge area was comfortable with plenty of seating. Upgraded for a small fee which was appreciated. The bed was soft and spongy for a comfortable sleep. There was also a fan in the room to help get rid of warm air.

• Standard Quadruple Room

EVERYTHING! Room was dark,dank and smelly. Bedding felt damp,and we both rolled into middle of bed as mattress so worn. The shower was broken and had to be held to "shower down". We were not told breakfast times or offered breakfast as we left even though it was included

NOTHING!!!

• Family Room

Difficult to plug the kettle in anywhere, generally facilities could be improved slightly to reflect the price.

Really friendly and hospitable hosts, nice central location close to bus routes, train/tube station and Westfield.

• Standard Triple Room

Amazing customer service reception is twenty four hours , for those long nights out ;) just amazing.the room had a fan and AC system for the hot nights and a qwirky reception.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

This property was a disgrace. Our so called room was a storage cupboard!! They hadn't even taken the sign off the door....The room opened into the reception/eating area. It smelled like a storage cupboard and looked like a storage cupboard... I had booked the room months ago and they tried to tell me that all the rooms were fully booked. I requested another room to no avail, if I could have found another hotel I would have walked out.

cannot say we did not like anything because we knew what we were getting for that price. so long as you go expecting the bare necessities you will not be disappointed

staff were lovely and very welcoming. hotel was good value for what we wanted for one night . it was just a basic b & b sheets/towels clean and the room reasonably clean all we really needed

• Standard Triple Room

Fridge in the room... wasn't plugged in. Didn't realise that until too late.

Very friendly and accommodating staff, comfortable beds and clean. Just the basics but done well. Situated within an easy walk from the London Stadium.

• Standard Triple Room

Breakfast could have been bigger/more options. We only ate it once despite it being included in the price as it just wasn't big enough. Room turn down. In our 3 night stay the room wasn't cleaned, tea/coffee refreshed or new towels/toilet rolls (toilet rolls we found in the hall thankfully).

For what you are paying for a stay here the accommodation was very reasonable. Especially given the prices of some name brand hotels in the area. Expect to get what you pay for. A very basic room, with basic facilities. Travelodge it is not, but if you want somewhere clean to lay your head between visits to westfield and the olympic stadium then you can't go very wrong with it. I was put off by the volume of negative reviews, but they all seemed to be expecting a lot more than they paid for. If you want a brand name style stay, stay in a brand name. This is a small cheap hotel and the quality reflects that.

I really did not appreciate having all my payment card details (including security number) printed at reception. This practice is totally unacceptable.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The area of the hotel is very dodgy and dangerous, especially for a woman on her own. The hotel is a total joke, room was so tiny I have never seen this before in my life - literally just bed and walls around. The toilet was dirty from someone using it before, absolutely disgusting seeing bits of stool around and under the seat and even in the bowl - clearly this wasn’t just from one use! walls had staines from hands and holes everywhere. Bedsheet had hair and yellow stains on it.

There is nothing to like about this place

The room was extremely small - actually there was space only for the bed and it was impossible to open the bathroom door. It should have been a single room. Very worn down and badly needed at least a coat of paint. Bathroom was tiny as well. It needs renovating and a professional designer who can suggest how to use space more effectively.

The fact that breakfast was included was a nice touch and probably the best part of the stay. Just because the bed was comfy and the staff friendly, I would recommend it only to sleep over and for a very short stay if absolutely necessary.

• Standard Twin Room

shampoo and liquid shower jel in the rooms with flannels would be perfect next time but you cant fault anything for the price

the beds where unbelievably comfy, which was a surprise for the price, the staff where very friendly and helpful with out requests

The room was tiny and the bed sank in the middle so that we didn't sleep well. It says parking facilities on the website but N.B. check with the hotel first before booking if you are planning to stay during the week and need parking. On the weekend there is free parking outside the hotel (we were lucky).

Bed for the night near to Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park

• Standard Single Room

Bathroom smelt like drains, tv remote didn’t work. When I arrived I got told someone else had already booked into my room!

Bed was comfy and sheets looked clean. Room was warm.

Dirty hole - nothing like photos. Didn't expect a palace for the price, but didn't expect this. I travel a lot and I stay in some right states, and even out of the hundreds of places i've stayed all over the world, this is the second worst. My bathroom ceiling was leaking all over. There was a disgusting smelling massive fridge in my room that was neither usable or plugged in. The kettle was filthy and sparked when I plugged it in. The floor of the bathroom was obviously wet from the mentioned ceiling leak and dirty. There were curtains in both the bathroom and the bedroom that were overlooking the street. These curtains didn't fit the windows and were safety pinned together so therefore it was the street overlooking me. The place smelt like smoke and I didn't feel safe. They say there is parking but there isn't - There is a car park across the street which I was told was free which clearly is only free for 30 mins and then you have to move it as I am able to read the sign. I would have taken actual photos of it but as I said to my friend, I don't want to be reminded of this experience in a week when I flick through my phone - not worth the shudder.

I liked check out time because then I would be gone from that hell hole forever.

The pictures looking nothing like reality. The rooms were dirty with a horrible smell, the sewers left a strong smell in the bathroom. A massive amount of dust left behind the bed , on top of the tv , in the fan. Overall the staff were lovely but this Accomondation was not clean or looked anything as presented before hand.

The staff were very nice and helpful

Very small room, we couldn't even open the bathroom door which was hitting the bed. We nearly had any space to walk around the bed. There were hair in the towel provided. We didn't even want to have our breakfast there even though we opted for breakfast option.

I had to pay by cash - card payment was not possible. I also had to make 3 inquiries before I got a receipt for my payment. Finally in the evening of the second day I received one.

Internet connection was fast. Connection to the centre of London is fast using Central line from Stratford. The bed and the pillow were good.

• Basic Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The room said single room. However, it was actually a small room. This was missing in the description and so I was misled. Room could have been a bit more spacious, but it was tight and scraped my leg twice on the bed panel.

Breakfast was decent.

Me and my partner travelled to London due to The marathon. We arrived at the hotel early to Leave our bags and was told there was a problem with the room but no emails or calls Were sent prior to this to inform us! My partner provided his ID and the payment was made, We were then told to get into a mans car and he would drive us to the hotel we were being moved to. The man did not speak one word to us the whole trip and was not English. We arrived at the new hotel and he walked away and left us. We walked into our new hotel and Explained the situation and was asked to provide proof of payment and my booking. Our room was not ready but we were allowed to leave our bags. As a result of all this we were late to our appointment booked at madam Tussaud’s. we returned to the hotel that evening and was passed our keys and not Spoken to. Whilst in our room all the electrics cut out and we was told to leave our room Whilst this was looked into. The next morning We attended breakfast and my partner ordered cereal and we watched the waiter grab this out The box with his hands and put this in the bowl Rather then pour. This was my first time using booking.com and This was awful and ruined my weekend away and now I am deciding to cancel all future bookings and I would like a full refund!

Room was very small and not very clean. They did not clean the room only if I asked them. There was no wardrobe in the room where to put my clothes. It was necessary to keep all my clothes and my objects to one chair and in my travel bag.

Good location, bus station at 300 meters from hotel. Metro station is at 3 bus station away. The room was small and not very clean but for the amount of money considering London prices it was fair in the end. Personal was fair but they clean-up the room only if I asked them. The positive aspect is that the room had a bathroom inside of the room.

• Standard Single Room

Couldn’t open bathroom door fully because it was too close to the bed. Window didn’t lock so could be easily opened from outside. Description said there would be shower gel etc but it was just a tiny bar of soap. Breakfast was very small and not what I would consider a full English.

The staff were very friendly!

• Standard Triple Room

To be honest the only thing that let the place down was the breakfast. I felt it was just a bit light in choice and content. Food quality was pretty good.

Room was warm and comfortable,it was also handy to have wi-fi. We have stayed here before so knew the rooms would be great.

• Standard Single Room

Small breakfast menu. Quite far from centre.

I’ve got small but nice room. Comfortable bed. Great for short term stay (there wasn’t wardrobe, just hooks). As I needed just place where to stay at night, it was good for me. Friendly staff. 24h reception.

No wardrobe and short of hanging space etc for shirts, dresses etc

they put us in a ground floor room to save the need to climb the stairs, very good of them

• Basic Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The friendliness of the lady at the front desk was extremely welcoming. She asked abour my travels and my day. The gentleman I met on the night arrived was friendly too- and very helpful when I asked for advice on travel.

• Standard Twin Room

The bin in our room hadn't been emptied and the sink was blocked. I asked several times for someone to unblock our sink, but nobody came and we were unable to use it. We had to brush our teeth in the shower. I asked for some coffee to be brought to the room twice and although they said they would, they didn't. We had a kettle in our room, but with only sugar it was a little pointless. The bed was very uncomfortable and noisy; every movement I made woke my daughter in the next bed and neither of us slept very well. I would not recommend this hotel.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

No fault of the hotel, unfortunately our room was right next to reception. Which ment at night when trying to sleep we heard everyone coming and going.

Clean and friendly staff

The staff dont speak any English, unfriendly and unprofessional. Standards of the rooms poor. Toilet bleach and other chemicals left in the guest bathrooms. No tv channels available. Basic tea/ coffee facilities, no milk, no teaspoons, no saucers. Stained walls and stained bed linen. It seems that most of the guests are people waiting for council accommodation. People were cooking smelling food from nearby guestrooms. I wouldn't go backto

• Basic Single Room with Shared Bathroom

bad room. the one at the end of the corridor which hasnt even got a proper number on it. boiler noises and vibrations. fortunately the guy on reception gave me another better room in the early hours. but the sleep bird had flown.

• Standard Triple Room

Sharp edges on door lock and missing a chunk of wood,dirty cups in room,toilet leaking all over floor and would not return phone charger and plug when asked and p&p paid

• Standard Twin Room

Very dingy hotel, bathroom had a strange smell and no hot water, I had to ask 3 times to get my room changed. Breakfast only starts at 8am, I had to ask for full strength coffee as only decaff was originally provided in my room.

I've booked a room for my employee. While arriving, he was told the reservation is not paid yet and that he has to pay with cash only. He asked about paying by credit card as it's written on booking confirmation. There was no possibility. During checkout another receptionist told him he could do that. The room was dirty, the hall looked like completly destroyed, breakfast was really poor.

Clean bed (in general mess), good location

• Standard Triple Room

When we walked into our room, it was freezing cold. We had to climb up on to the window sill to close the window! The beds hadn’t been put together properly, they were unstable! The walls were dirty, they need to be repainted! During the night there was around, 4 alarms that went off during the night for no reason at all or either was this explained to us or apologised to us about! There was a crack in the toilet seat. My sister 14 years old, had the single bed whilst me and my partner had the double. The single bed squeaked every time she moved. The double bed was really unstable! However, when we got to checking out, the lady on the counter was to busy on the phone to ask us how anything was, she was unfriendly and just took the keys!

When we checked in, the member of staff then was friendly. The room was a average size. We checked in early.

Was the dirtiest hotel room I’ve ever stayed in. I was afraid to sleep on the bed. As it didn’t look clean. My room smelled like marijuana and their were stains all ove the wall.

Bathroom was without toilet paper hanger, no hangers for towels and no shower gel and most important, no lift.

We liked the bed because it was a double bed and not 2 singles like we always find.

Everything. Very cramped rooms, toilet was almost on top of the bed.

Staff never explained anything, such as breakfast, literally wanted money,gave us key and that was it, noise throughout the night and people smoking in corridor and rooms which set the fire alarm off at midnight. Rooms were so cramped. Overall a poor place to stay.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Having to walk through reception to use the toilets

I don’t think it’s acceptable to make guests walk through reception to use the shared bathroom. In the morning people were having breakfast and we had to walk through in pjs

• Standard Single Room

Very clean Great location Lady behind the reception very helpful Don’t listen to the bad reviews it is a cheap nice place to stay Only slight downfall was the breakfast was not very warm but that is not going to put me off!

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Everything, the room was disgraceful, the shared toilet was stinking, the people running the place were ignorant at best

Absolutely nothing this place should never be classed as a hotel, I am surprised that Booking.com advertise this horrible place, I should get all my money back, could not pay by card it was cash only

• Standard Quadruple Room

The service was horrible. When we walked in to our room, we found it to be dirty and untidy. After making a complaint, we were shifted to a bigger room that seemed to be okay. However, there was no hot water in the toilet, and the TV didnt work. Even after making a couple of complaints with the reception staff who never smile, the problems didnt get sorted. We were asked to pay cash upon arrival as the card terminal wasnt 'working'- and very conveniently (!!!) there was a cash machine just next to the counter (that also charges you money).

The location is the hotel is convenient- about 10 minutes walk from Stratford station/Westfield.

• Standard Single Room

The Hotel is old and untidy. The staff were very rude and non-chalant. The lady at the front desk was talking and laughing on the phone the whole time while we waited for her to attend to is. I'm surprised the place is been run as an hotel, very bad customer service. The bed is bad, the room is a mess and the toilet dirty. I suspect the owners might be into other businesses and only using this place as a front. It should be closed down!

Absolutely Nothing!

Not very clean. The mugs were stained. My room smelled like marijuana and had a plastic bag wraping the smoke detector when we arrived. I didn’t mind enough to take their offer to move to other room but they also didn’t bother to remove the plastic bag. The electric kettle didn’t work and they didn’t replace it.

Fairly cheap for a last-minute booking and reasonably friendly staff.

• Standard Single Room

Not the best place to stay. The bed was not comfortable, the roof was making weird noises throughout the night. The staff didn't really speak English.

n/a

Awful hotel. The halls and rooms are filthy and falling apart. Left after checking in at night to get some food, when I got back the desk man was gone, the door was locked and my room key didn't work for the exterior door. Trapped outside in the British winter in the middle of the night for fifteen minutes pounding on the door, ringing the bell and calling before he stumbled back down the stairs. Walls are paper thin. Tenants are very sketchy. Sounded like rats in the walls. Woke up at 8am to a fire alarm going off. Asked for a refund - they couldn't care less.

When I arrived, card machine wasn't working so had to take out cash. Would have been good to be notified before, as couldn't not take out cash on company credit card. WiFi was non-existent also, although there were login details in room, it was not available as a network

Cheap

As soon as I entered the room there was a very strong cigarette smoke smell and it didn't go away till we left the next morning. In the morning we noticed there was a sock covering the smoke alarm. The fridge that was available in the room was not turned on. The coffee/tea mugs were dirty.

Comfortable bed, large and lovely windows, bed was clean, bathroom facilities were good and clean. Towels were lovely and fresh.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The whole place in general!

Receptionist was rude and was more interested in her phone than guests, place smelt like cigarettes room was small and filthy was only there for 5 minutes as felt unsafe booked elsewhere and left.

There was no milk in the room, so I couldn't make tea. The breakfast was also a little underwhelming.

It was very good value. The bed was very comfortable and plenty of space in the room. Parking was very easy and free, though I don't think parking is free during the week

• Standard Twin Room

Our heating didn’t work in our room and we had to pay cash, which we were not told. But I had seen on another review the machine was supposed to be broken that time to?

It was value for money

• Standard Quadruple Room

Not enough luggage space in the quadruple room and the shower water temperature is not user friendly at all. We had to take very hot showers.

The bed was comfy and the ATM was very efficient in the hotel.

Tiny room but only me in it so ok. Cleanliness was just about acceptable - clean sheets and clean sink and toilet - windowsills and carpet needed a little more effort but it wasn't unlivable in ! No hairdryer. Shower a bit odd good hot water but was pointing at odd angle so you had to hold it to get the water to point down ! Room a bit cold and heater didn't seem to work. I am coeliac and had requested gluten free for breakfast but lady did not speak much English and had probably never heard of it ! Just had scrambled egg for breakfast which was good and cooked fresh to order. General area is a bit down at heel but next to a very pretty church and the walk towards Stamford station is nicer than the walk towards Plaistow station ! This hotel is pretty good and just a slighter better clean of the room would mean you would get a higher rating.

Good price, good location for Excel conference centre just 20 mins on the bus which the stop is just outside the hotel. Approx 10 minute walk from 2 tube station. Sky tv In room. Breakfast reasonably good and cooked fresh. Nice clean sheets and comfy bed. Kettle in room and tea bags got some fresh milk on request.

• Standard Twin Room

Payment gadget and service was curiosly slow and infrequent, see above, but resolved thankfully. Was told English breakfast and sausage, egg and beans arrived, fine, but no bacon.

Breakfast was minimal. Never had cornflakes floating in milk arrive before. Little mutual language, so we were invited to choose from pictures, but tea arrived instead of one coffee. Concerned was being asked to pay cash late at night, 10.30 at bedroom door, but by morning payment had at last gone through! Comfy, clean beds.

• Standard Twin Room

Bit put out when on arrival the Hotel insisted on cash payment which was 😡 an on-site cash machine that charges for withdrawls 😡 so if ever booking here bear in mind you may be subjected to such a demand

• Standard Triple Room

Poor breakfast, unpleasant lady at a reception (we asked for a breakfast at 7am on day of check out and she said no despite it was paid, they start breakfast at 8am only!!!!), room was cigarette stinking, room cleaning every second day

Good value for money if you spend there only nights, good location, close to Stratford train and metro stations, easy to get from Stansted airport

Nothing ,but d last day I thought d car offered to westham was complimentary,but we had to pay,otherwise all was Fantastic

Everything, including the owner who was friendly and very welcoming

Only problem we had was a blocked shower plug but the staff were more than happy to help & sort out the situation strait away.

The room was nice & tidy & clean, they offered a nice breakfast in the mornings with a menu of choice between cooked & cereal & toast, the lady that takes the orders was strait over to you to take your breakfast order when you sat down & was bought out strait away, I was surprised to find a sky box in our room which was great, the beds were really comfy too.

Fairly basic, reflected in price so good value. Nice Portuguese restaurant nearby. Short walk to Stratford centre, short walk to Abbey Road DLR, so useful for City airport

No decaf options (I am caffeine intolerant - they didn't know, but I've always stayed at hotels that provide) Staff weren't helpful, nor security concious. Bathroom was tiny and door didn't lock. Bed was loud and overly springy

The hotel was near a park, as well as in between Stratford and West Ham stations.

• Basic Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Not much apart from size of the room.

Place was very neat and tidy, room had toilet and shower something I was not expecting. Very easily accessible from Stratford bus and train station.Staff could do better by communicating a bot more. I had to ask about WiFi password. Staff seem to mind their own business. Even though the room was very small but I was happy td have my own shower and bathroom.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

I dont know where to start. Not hot water in the morning. The room was super noisy. Table was falling appart. Toilet had a strong smell, and this just no name a few

Not really much

• Standard Single Room

Staff was always on their mobile phone, and every time I came to the desk they seemed irate that I was disturbing them.

Location was good, value for money.. you get what you paid for.

• Basic Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Ok, My criticism is meant to be constructive. 1. Mix up with the room from booking in, to stay, I was booked in to room 005, it was even written on my receipt for me (very helpful), when i arrived at about 9pm, tired and ready for bed, there was confusion, i was sent to room 105 where my bag was kindly stored for me, then i had to go back down stairs to let them know that was my bag. 2. I gave the bathroom a poor score because, while i was very grateful to have an en-suite, the bed was so big in the room that i struggled to get in and out of the bathroom as the door would not fully open, and being a larger chap, this was somewhat annoying. 3. Not enough sockets to run TV, Freeview box, Fan and Kettle, also, the batteries in the sky controller were corroded in the remote. 4. Breakfast was not what I was expecting, choice was limited, and obviously costed to the minimum.

Over all, a friendly place, and the staff were excellent. Had a really good nights sleep.

• Standard Twin Room

Taxi business next door, very inconsiderate drivers throughout the night shouting to one another. Breakfast was served by non English speaking women who couldn’t smile or be nice. Very very poor service.

Helpful receptionist. You get what you pay for.

Awful place. Old, run down, service is terrible. Walls are paper thin and fake. U can hear everything going on next door. Would never stay there again nor would I recommend it to anyone. Place is a dump

Nothing!!!

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

a lot, no value for money as i paid £65 for a room. Such standard of hotel should charge £30-£35 max. its was not clean, not well maintained. Staffs needs to be more presentable, polished and trained on good customer service.

just the location

The first room we were allocated was so small we couldn't even open the bathroom door! But we were given a bigger room on the top floor. They wanted payment on arrival - not a problem - as we paid cash I asked for a receipt but was told I would get it on departure. I asked and was told they would email it - not arrived yet!!

• Standard Single Room

didnt like breakfast, probably because was expecting for more or atleast it would be nice to have some options (would not mind to pay bit extra for proper breakfast meal)

Clean,reasanoble room size

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Day receptionist not friendly not even helpful .Room and bathroom were clean but had bad odour .The kitchen , microwave and toaster were filthy , fridge had out of date food , yogurt container contained something different , very little milk not even enough for one person and no vegetarian breakfast as requested . Couldn't access wi-fi , noise from outside and no side lamps and room too squeezed .Had no breakfast even though I paid .

On our arrival there was a very helpful gentlemen who showed us where to park Reception area and lounge looked clean .Night receptionist was friendly . Good location . Good building .

• Basic Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The shower was broken, there weren't enough bathrooms, my room was very small with no mirror, the bathroom was not clean.

The lady on reception was lovely

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Again this site was listed as with parking but the car could not be left near the site during the day. I ended up driving to Stratford each day and paying £20+ each day. Booking.com should check if there is on site parking or at least somewhere to keep your car until you intend to travel on. There was a lot of noise during the night.

Staff were helpful.

• Basic Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The bathroom could have smelt better

The staff were extremely friendly and they gave me an upgraded room, which was really sweet of them. The room itself was great, a spacious size and the bed was comfortable. However the bathroom did smell a bit funky which was the only downside but other than that, my experience with City View Hotel Stratford was awesome and it was my second time being there. I would definitely go again.

Browse City View Hotel Stratford traveller photo gallery