Reviews of Kingsmills Hotel, Inverness 4 stars

Culcabock Road, Inverness, IV2 3LP, United Kingdom

#5 of 34 hotels in Inverness

• Classic Double Room

My rooms was spacious and clean. It was very quite and very relaxing. The breakfast the following day was of very good quality. Overall a great hotel.

• Classic Twin Room

Nice big cosy room with clean facilities. The leisure place was fun, we had access to the pool, spa and gym. The parking was free and big. Great service as well.

• Deluxe Double Room with Patio

We had a room, with Patio doors, with our own little seating area. Unfortunately, other guests were sitting right outside our room late at night, it was a little awkward, when I asked them two move. I did make reception aware of this & they were happy to speak to guests, if it happened again

Lovely, clean hotel. Great staff. Menus a little limited for the Restaurant. We only ate there once. 10 - 15 mins walk into the centre of Inverness.

Nothing ! All round good value

Free upgrade on room ; less expensive breakfast if booked the night before ; good choice at breakfast and inexpensive bar meal in the evening- tasty too.

• Classic King Room

Wish the check out could be later.

Fantastic, I had the room with the patio was delighted with it. Room had everything you would need.Super friendly staff. I also used the pool spa area I loved it very relaxing little get away. Will be booking again soon really enjoyed my stay.

• Retreat King Room

Evening dinner menu was very expensive

Excellent reception from Pam. She looked after our needs extremely well and was friendly throughout our stay. Excellent room with fantastic bed and great facilities.

• Deluxe Double Room with Patio

The garden room was lovely. We accidentally left behind an electronic and they were very accommodating and helped post it to a future stop for us. The grounds are lovely to walk around.

• Luxury Family Room

The staff was great. Our family room in the new wing was roomy and very comfortable, with a great shower. The included breakfast was very good (people should give the black pudding and haggis a chance here if nowhere else), and our bar meals were too. The extensive whiskey list at the bar was impressive.

• Classic Double Room

There is nothing to fault at this hotel.

The garden rooms are really nice,we got a free upgrade,bathroom was nice and big,the beds are really comfy,beautiful setting,highly recommend,we will definitely be back A+++,the staff are really helpful and friendly (not too much,which I don't like)A+++.

• Classic Twin Room

Very small pool and old fashioned furniture. The room had a carpet that had seen many travellers and the beds weren't comfortable.

Easy to get to, exterior looked good.

• Deluxe Double Room with Patio

The hotel was lovely. The room was large, and comfortable. The lobby area was lovely, and the restaurant and bar were spacious and comfortable. We enjoyed the breakfast in the morning.

Having to leave!

It was a very well run hotel , very clean spacious and it made you feel relaxed and created a good sense of well-being. Nothing was too much trouble.

• Luxury Family Room

Not much storage space in the room, even though it was large - no drawers for clothes.

Excellent big family room with bunks for the kids and huge bathroom. Nice pool.

• Classic Family Room

Facility needs to be upgraded. It has good bones but needs a large investment of cash.

Very large old hotel in nice location outside the hustle and bustle of the city but a short walk into town. Breakfast was extensive but average food.

• Classic Twin Room

The fact that they tried to overcharge me for my stay, saying that they charged different rates for different days of the week !!! This despite confirming the daily rate with me when I booked and when I arrived there.

The disabled twin room, number 17, the bathroom was excellent. However, it took three requests plus the one made before I arrived, to get an extra covered waste bin placed in the bathroom.

• Classic King Room

The choices on the menu at both restaurants could have been slightly wider.

The service of the staff particularly in the restaurant and bar area was excellent. Loved every minute there.

• Cocoon Twin Room

We prefered the buffet breakfast rather than the table served one.Staff service was excellent and all though they were kept busy they had no problem of attending to anything that was asked of them

Staff were first class at dealing with anything that was asked of them.Service in the restraunt was good and any delay with service was fully explained.

• Deluxe Double Room with Patio

The hotel has clearly been trying to develop itself with its new rooms and landscaping, but the room we had felt tired and bit out-dated. The furniture has all seen better days and the fixtures and fittings (e.g. in the bathroom) are looking and feeling their age. There's nothing wrong with what's there, but it's hard to match the very "contemporary" room rates with the not-so-contemporary feel of the room itself.

The bed was large and excellent, the room was a good size, and those staff we interacted with were excellent.

• King Room with Garden View

Being bumped out of the garden room i booked well in advance fir a ‘superior room’ with a view of the dual carriageway. The food was not good and v overpriced - disappointing after some excellent meals in the highlands

The attitude of the manager

• Retreat King Room

There was WiFi, and it worked, but not high speed. Would occasionally drop.

Wonderful staff, very friendly, accommodating to my gluten free diet and my 15 month old son. Clean, baby friendly rooms. Good location for exploring Inverness and surrounding areas. Park and playground across the street where I could let my toddler run off some energy. Not in city center, but we felt so much more relaxed because of it. We did have a rental car and there is onsite parking. One of our favorite stays the entire tour of the U.K.

• Classic Twin Room

No air conditioning, room appeared very dusty, but the sun was streaming through the windows at the time! Didn’t have the wine I requested, it was nothing special . Lots of kids in the pool!

Rooms were spacious, facilities good, food very good, not too pricey for a hotel of this standing. Gym and pool facilities

• Classic King Room

Toilet backed up twice, same last stay a few weeks ago. Prevented my rest time

Great breakfasts, serve yourself for us is excellent! Staff very accomodating in the restuarant. I am a bi-lateral hearing aid user and they gave me a special place to sit where the background noise was lessened

• Classic King Room

Everything was excellent from the warm welcome at reception to accommodating me with special requests at evening meal. Very comfortable room, lovely large bathroom. All clean and comfortable.

Bed and bedding very comfortable and excellent quality

• Deluxe Double Room with Patio

What was advertised on the website was not the room that we received. I asked for an upper floor room they gave me ground. I ordered the deluxe suite with balcony and the room was far from deluxe. It was two single beds pushed together and I spent the night falling between the two beds. There was no ceiling lights only lights on the walls which left the room feeling dark. In the morning they called me at 10:30 to let me know about checking out time then they came to the room two times to inform me of the same thing.i would not return and would not recommend to friends. I could have got better value for going to a travel lodge.

• Classic Twin Room

The upgrade! The facilities. The staff. I had a hospital appointment and the receptionist was very helpful and accommodating. The room was wonderful, very comfortable and relaxing. The extra touches made all the difference - real coffee, real milk etc.

• Classic Twin Room

This hotel is superb. The bedrooms are large and elegantly furnished. The bathrooms are large with separate bath and shower and beautifully fitted out. The common lounge areas are comfortable and welcoming. Their are two restaurants and the menu is well thought out and the food cooked perfectly. The night we stayed there was a pianist in the lounge area which provided lovely background music for dinner. The staff in all areas of the hotel provided outstanding service. This hotel is a must-have experience.

• Classic Twin Room

Only a small point, but had to ask for extra milk for tea in the room. Only two small containers not nearly enough for two people who like their tea/coffee!

Lovely room, super comfy bed, lots of choice at breakfast, really helpful staff

To go to the pool, you have to walk through the restaurants on both sides as well as the entrance area to access the pool. Not good enough

The room is spacious and clean

• Luxury Family Room

There could be some safety improvements in the deluxe family room to make it more suitable for young children. The changing rooms in the swimming pool were not very clean.

The room was a great size and beautifully styled, the bathroom was lovely. Breakfast was good and parking is plentiful. The hotel in general has a great relaxed vibe, loved the buzz in the lounge area in the evening and the lovely piano music.

• Classic Twin Room

The only issue was the lack of easy parking, it was hard to find any spaces at times.

very nice hotel the room was very comfortable and all of the staff were friendly and helpful- would definitely stay again.

• Classic Double Room

Booked room 4 months ago requesting “ quiet room away from lift shaft “ when I booked in was told we had been upgraded to room in Kingsmill Annexe, had to walk with our luggage to other side of car park, when booking in asked Receptionist re our request for room away from lift shaft; was told that the room was next to lift & the only alternative was a floor up , opposite but still near lift, by this time we took this room, we could still hear the lift & even more annoying the room was in the front of the building with a lot of noise from traffic, we will impose our ultimate sanction — will not stay in Hotel again:

Breakfast was excellent but seemed a little pricey.

Travelling with a pet we had access to outside area from the room. The grounds were good for walking our dog and bin easily accessible. Reception staff were excellent, they gave us a good recommendation for a bar meal, good directions to places we enquired about.

• Deluxe Double Room with Patio

A deligtful hotel, spacious room with well appointed bathroom, efficient staff (especially the concierge), topped off with an excellent buffet breakfast. Location more than a little 'out of town'.

• Classic King Room

The staff was very rude, you have to walk outside around the whole building to our room which was the wrong room we bought. I asked for two double beds and they could not accommodate us. Basically they double booked our room and we were left out. No air conditioning in the room. And the breakfast area was way too hot in temperature. Very disappointing experience for the amount of money we paid for one night. Never go to this hotel

The breakfast was fantastic.

• Classic Double Room

Stayed in a forward facing room and it was very noisy from the car park and from the hallway. Windows would not open. Rooms were A little dark and dated

Staff were helpful. Decent price for the location.

• Luxury King Room

I would have liked a magnifying mirror in the bathroom.

The bedroom was spacious and comfortable. The bathroom had a bath and a walk-in shower. There were plenty of choices on the breakfast buffet. Staff were pleasant. There were plenty of spaces for car parking.

• Luxury Family Room

Very big, clean room. The bathroom was just amazing - large, big shower and separate bathtub. Everything fresh and clean. The bed was very comfortable and the staff very friendly. I was staying in a Family room which would very nicely fit two adults and two children - with their own TV. It was just a great experience staying here, even if it was just for one night.

• Classic King Room

Waiting staff in dining room need more training to reach the standard expected from the high prices charged Extra charges for some foods and coffees at breakfast is not acceptable Staff at breakfast a little offhand

Food was excellent but rather expensive

• Classic King Room

There is nothing I could fault about this hotel

We liked everything about our stay from the moment we entered . Staff made us very welcome and we're very attentive throughou. The food was amazing. Not the first time we've dined there and each time the food has been delicious and beautifully presented.

• Classic Twin Room

The room ceiling was low and the room 102 was very hot as it was at the rear of the hotel, the windows could only open outwardly a couple of inches onto a flat roof with humming generators and various vents etc - not a room with a view, it was dark and I couldn't help thinking, here we go again, a single middle aged lady given a duff room. a large fan had been placed in a corner so obviously other folk had found it airless as well as well as claustrophobic. The dark decor didn't help either.....dark carpet with mad butterflies and striped wallpaper....Aaargh! who was the interior designer? I elected to have my evening meal in the conservatory as recommended by the receptionist, with a special menu, it was basically an extension from the bar and open area with children running round screaming and no mood at all.... a bit disappointing. the nouvelle cuisine was really minimalist although the chef cooked the fish perfectly.......I had to order extra potatoes and veg which was extra!!!!! took ages to get the wine and when I requested some bread the waitress said she would bring it when I ordered the meal which I duly did and got a tiny bit of bread much later! Expensive for what it was.....no ambience or sense of good service. Made mental note never to stay at a wedding and conference hotel in Scotland again. Asked the very young waiter to recommend a wine and he had no idea but would consult with the barman.... Nothing really to complain about but not my idea of a four star hotel....the guest spa was dirty with hair on the floor in the changing rooms and very basic facility. Not exclusive to guests and seemed to be the local swimming pool with a separate public entrance.

The room was spacious and clean, the reception area was light and modern

• Classic Double Room

We have visited this hotel several times in the past and will visit again whenever we get the chance. It is everything you would expect from a class Highland Hotel.

• Luxury King Room

Well if i will know but breakfast even cerial its not serve early i will not other breakfast but in occasion when you pay extra you expected even at 5 am . Room chair was dirty hooker in bathroom almost fell i know but its a details but 4 star hotel .

well basicly paid for breakfast becouse was living early not having a breakfast for two on Monday plus well when you pay about 300 pounds for two nights i was expect salmon on breakfast but it wasnt in offer

• Classic King Room

Swimming pool changing room floors on Saturday afternoon were ready for a clean

Very large modern comfortable room that was very clean with good bed and shower room

• Classic King Room

Porridge at breakfast was very poor. Looked to stay another night but cost was very prohibitive.

Was upgraded which was excellent. Room was very good and very comfortable. Staff very pleasant and service very good.

• King Room with Garden View

The lighting in bedroom was poor and one of the lamps did not work. Three tea bags for two guests for two nights ! Yes you could call reception and ask for more but surely they should be replaced daily. Bathroom had an unpleasant smell, drains I think, although it did appear to be very clean. Poor lighting in bathroom with only one of the lights on bathroom mirror working. Didn’t think room was as clean as it should be under bed full of dust but this was minor and did not affect our stay.

Location. Garden room very good if you have a dog with you. You have small patio area with outside seating and a table this would great in the warmer weather.Staff very helpful . Good shower and nice comfy bed. Overall a good experience.

• King Room with Garden View

The breakfast was excellent, really good quality food. The pool was a lovely little extra, very clean and good opening hours. Our garden room was such a lovely bonus, especially given the sun was shining.

• Classic King Room

The pictures on the website don’t actually reflect the condition of the rooms. The room I was in was dated and not up to the standard I expected from the pictures on the website. I stayed in room 6, the window of which looked into a roof which contained multiple air conditioning units. The units were running all night and disturbed my sleep. If you stay avoid that side of the building as the double glazing did little to reduce the noise due to the proximity of the units

The hotel is in a good location and has a spa that you can use as a guest.

• Luxury King Room

Couldn't control the heating in room as it was a bit chilly. A shaver socket in the bathroom would have been handy. Although the bed was big we didn't find it very clear.

Set in beautiful surroundings.

• Luxury King Room

There was only a minor issue which was there were children in the pools after 7 which didn't allow us to completely relax and enjoy a swim. As entertaining as the children were they overpowered the size of the pool otherwise everything was perfect

The hotel staff and everything about the hotel was fantastic. The beds were that comfortable I could have stayed there all day. The room was very clean and spacious with a lovely view of the golf course. The lunch we had on arrival after a long journey was very well presented but also tasted amazing.

• Cocoon King Room

There was nothing to dislike!

The Kings club was just brilliant. From the moment we arrived ‘till we left we were thoroughly spoiled. Special word for a lovely breakfast.

• Luxury King Room

I couldn't fault anything to be honest.

Partner and I stayed for a night to just get away. We loved our swim and our relaxing time in the sauna. Our room was massive and so comfy. We were over pleased with our stay. Will definitely be back for a longer stay hopefully. One night wasn't enough. Thank you so much.

• Classic King Room

The price of the a la cartemenu was ridiculously high. The bar prices were very high and Harris gin should always be served with a slice of grapefruit not orange as was served.

The bed was incredibly comfy!

• Classic King Room

The en suite was very cold,the pool should have adult time only as full of kids and very noisy so did not bother.was looking forward to some time at pool too so disappointed.the drinks at the hotel are highly inflated,don't think they need to charge so much.

Its in a very quiet location and the grounds are very well kept.breakfast was excellent,very large choice.hotel staff very pleasant.great location just a short stroll to town centre.plenty of car parking which is a bonus.

Zero

Fabulous room. Very spacious. Reception staff very efficient and approachable in their manner. Waiting staff great. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

• Luxury Family Room

Some areas in buffet room could do with more detailed cleaning and staff uniforms could be better ( many waitresses blouses very tight on them, uncomfortably so).

Excellent huge family room in new extension, separate children’s bunk bed area and beautiful bathroom. Great cooked breakfast , plenty of choice. Close to everything in and around Inverness. Very comfortable stay Very good pool which we used daily.

• Luxury Family Room

I could hear the noise from the room above ours; which included children running around at 7am on a Sunday morning.

The bed was very comfy and the room was a good size. The leisure centre had a pool, hot tub, sauna and steam room. The restaurants all had kid friendly options and the food was excellent.

• Classic Twin Room

One of the reasons I chose the Kingsmills was because I knew it had a lift - we were on the first floor and there's a split level, not ideal when my mum has limited mobility. Carpets were being replaced in the corridors while we were there too although this was only a minor inconvenience. Lovely hotel and good breakfast and great, handy location.

Plenty of parking. lovely hotel

• Luxury Family Room

Bathroom was new, but functionality was lacking (no plugs in bathroom, no light over bathroom sink, water from shower ended up all over floor, etc.). Restaurant in our opinion was overpriced for at best average quality food. Lack of mini fridge and lack of ice machine made it hard to enjoy cold drinks in the room.

Spacious room and separation from the children was nice if we wanted to stay up and watch a little TV in the evening. Kids enjoyed the bunk beds as well. Proximity to Inverness city center made getting around easy and this hotel a great base to explore highlands.

• Classic King Room

The leisure club was great, however the changing rooms unfortunately had a puddle of urine on the floor which some of my clothes (now binned!) accidentally fell in.

We were upgraded to a kingsclub room which was perhaps the largest and most luxurious hotel room we’ve ever stayed in.

• Luxury King Room

We arrived late in the evening, 30 minutes before the restaurant was due to close, but they told us we couldn’t have dinner.

Great location, great whiskey bar, great menu for dinner and breakfast

• Classic Twin Room

If you expect to use the internet, good luck. Called3 times and had someone come to the room. Never had anybody accomplish anything and never was on the internet.

Lovely pool and comfortable room.

• Luxury Family Room

We arrived in Inverness to attend a hospital appointment for my husband. On check in we were told our room was upgraded, what a lovely surprise. The staff, the hotel and everything about the stay was excellent.

• Luxury King Room

The room would benefit from a fridg as we drink a lot of water and had to leave it on the windowsill to stay cold(ish) and the contents of the tea tray could be a bit more interesting. Didn’t realise when booking that breakfast wasn’t included so didn’t appreciate another £60+ onto the bill. I would have thought at the price the stay cost that it would have been inclided

Room was lovely and the toiletries were wonderful!

• King Room with Garden View

I really can't think of anything I don't lime about Kingmills!

Spacious and very comfy. Room to relax with family or business colleagues. Great whisky library!

• Retreat King Room

I was disappointed to find the double bed in the 'exclusive' kingsclub was actually two single beds pushed together and they were extremely uncomfortable. Left more worn out than I arrived, otherwise a nice room

Lovely building in a nice area, lovely view from private balcony

• Classic Twin Room

Just a tiny little constructive criticism..... I wasn’t made aware that the fire alarm would be tested on the Friday morning. It was not a problem but would have been good to know.

It was lovely to be greeted at the front door. Made to feel very welcome. Nothing was a problem. Staff were very friendly.

• Luxury King Room

Room was a good size with modern facilities (including good powerful shower) Staff fixed a spar treatment at short notice. Good advise with whiskey selections. Thanks.

• Retreat King Room

Traffic from the road due to poor door and glazing, room cold on arrival, cold coffee from previous guest in room, no coffee replenished from previous guest in the morning...............!!

Comfortable bed

• Luxury King Room

The corridors were slightly more echo like than some other hotels, which made it sound quite busy/noisy in the corridor even when it wasn't.

The breakfast alone was almost worth the price! An amazing selection of cooked and non cooked foods, fruits, bread, croissants, pastries etc. The produce was all of the highest quality.

• King Room with Garden View

Garden room was dirty. Curtain rail fell down and had to wait until morning to be fixed. Found a receipt dated for the start of December last year! Couldn’t use the heaters as they were full of dust.

• Retreat King Room

There was only 1 disabled space at the Kingsclub and this was taken for most of our trip by someone with no blue badge. The staff did try to locate the owner but we’re unsucesful. More disabled spaces would help, but enforcing the blue badge scheme would be better.

Every member of staff was lovely and very friendly. The view from our room was beautiful and the room & bathroom facilities were excellent.

• Classic King Room

Everything was fabulous at Kingsmills, just like when we first stayed here a year ago. The food is good, the staff is amazingly helpful and friendly and the beds are extremely comfortable. The place is clean, elegant and just has a warm atmosphere. We got engaged while staying in Inverness and the hotel had a nice surprise treat for us. Thank you. We will surely be returning for our annual visit.

• Classic Twin Room

As above the en suite facilities could do with a spruce up. Grouting in the shower was poor and shower tray itself badly discoloured. Also felt the complimentary shampoo and shower gels more befitting a budget hotel both in quality and quantity.

Nice hotel which was generally to a high standard although let down slightly by the rather “tired” en suite facilities.

• Deluxe Double Room with Patio

May be a menu for the more down to earth eater like mild curry's, pasta dishes, salads. Not all will appreciate the finer menu selections.

Staff were all happy and professional, hotel was clean well maintained, bar was comfortable and relaxing , food was of a high standard a la cart. Was a pleasure to stay and will be staying again in the future.

• Deluxe Double Room with Patio

The price I payed was super low I had a swim and sang in the steam room too We both enjoyed the comfy bed I really felt kingly We ate dinner at the restaurant great staff and well presented food I was really craving kombucha while here if they had sold it this would have blown my mind But other than this I was in a perfect place ))