Reviews of La Mon Hotel & Country Club 4 stars

41 Gransha Road, Castlereagh, BT23 5RF, United Kingdom

#1 of 1 hotels in Castlereagh

It was a great location for conference
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

I did not like being called Sir as I was waiting to get a table at breakfast. I am a female so there was no eye contact.

The pool (I was not aware of it until I arrived) When I mentioned this fact to reception, they suggested I go down anyway as they could probably fix me up with towels etc. The food was good with very large portions. Much bigger than I had thought (not the food). Rooms clean and very comfortable

a few minor issues but overall fantastic
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

there was a few lights not working in room and this was a himder when my wife needed to do hair and make up, also no fridge in room i think all hotel rooms should have a fridge. radiator in room came on in middle of night and was reslly noisey it sounded like a hoover i think management should have this looked at room 52

room was huge really comfortable and spotlessley clean, the singer on the saturday night was excellent just a pity he wasnt on for longer, finally breakfast next day was top class we have stayed in a lot of hotels this was by far the best.

Lovely stay
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

It can be hard to find your way around at first.

Staff were lovely - particularly in the bar and the bar manager! Food is very nice in the bar too. Very easy to find and close to the city. Rooms are spacious and beds are very comfortable. Breakfast was lovely.

Very comfortable stay with some good food and drink.
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

Unfortunately swimming pool was out of order on our 1st day and only able to reach luke warm temp 2nd day.

Rooms spacious. Beds very comfortable. Breakfast excellent.

Lovely location in the countryside outside Belfast.
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

The bathroom had mould on tiles. Having stayed in country hotels before I thought the bedrooms were clinical no atmosphere. Didn't get the famous Northern Ireland welcome from staff. They weren't over helpful.

Lovely location in the countryside outside Belfast. Beautiful setting hotel looks lovely from outside. Had a lovely big room.

Mid week stay at the la mon
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

Our room was 58, beside a store cupboard I'm assuming,as the door was opened and closed (LOUDLY) continuously from early morning. The room was also unbearably warm which meant we had to sleep with windows open. This also disturbed our sleep as we could hear male staff chatting and working outside out windows from early morning also.

We thoroughly enjoyed our meal in the bistro although it didn't come cheap. Food was amazing!

The surroundings of hotel
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

Paid for premier double only difference from standard double is kingsize bed - diesnt warrant difference in price. Paid early checkin as attending a wedding - others booked in early with no additional charge!

The surroundings of hotel

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Belfast Stopover
    • Premier Single Room

Too far from the City for a base for sightseeing.

It is a very large hotel and the room I had was big and comfortable and the breakfast in the morning was excellent. The TV had a good choice of viewing channels and my room was equipped with tea and coffee making facilities and complimentary biscuits and water.

Nice for weddings and golf trips
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

No air-con in the room. Pricey.

Went for a wedding and it was Super! Lovely staff. Nice bar couple bars. Nice outdoor area, weather was good at the time.

Wouldn't go back
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

The hotel is very over priced. beds are very very uncomfortable breakfast was Average.. it's not a 4 star hotel I would expect more from a country club very disappointed.

Could do a lot better for a 4 star hotel
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

Most unusual check in system I have ever come across. If you don't have a credit card you are in major trouble. Items not working in room and lack of choice for evening meal

Room was fine but some things not working eg soap dispenser. Tea/coffee facilities were fine.

Nice hotel with lovely staff and good food - nice for weddings more than R & R.
    • Premier Single Room

Gym was a disappointment. The equipment is old/rusty. Pool not really suitable for swimming - great for families. Its really a wedding venue and it was very noisy in the bedroom corridors until the early hours! Spa was open but the venue info said it wasn't so that was infuriating!

Staff were wonderful. Its in a very nice area and there are a few areas to sit outside with benches (some were covered in bird droppings!). The food was good. Taxi from airport is about £16.

Nice bar food, lovely options in the breakfast
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

Reception team could be a little more chirpy and informative ~ felt on arrival it was just check in and pay and here’s direction to your room. No info on bar, food times, leisure access, etc. Had to ask. Staff member could have been in training, I understand, but there was no management presence or professional, confident welcome or departure for that matter. Just check out, everything is fine, thank you bye. Weird, both of us commented on it. Maybe it’s just their way. Fab staff in restaurant and bar tender, really jolly!

Nice bar food, lovely options in the breakfast

An enjoyable relaxing experience.
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

I thought some of the breakfast could have been better. With a fry I would have liked soda or potato bread.

Enjoyed the spa and the rooms were clean and spacious.

I’d never opt it return out of choice
    • Premier Single Room

Expensive for mid week, breakfast choice not great, rooms very basic for 4 star, I’ve had better in 3 star.

Very nice staff, plenty of free carkparking.

A very pleasant place to say, friendly staff and really good food.
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

I didn’t like the group of men in the bar/restaurant on Saturday night who were intoxicated, loud and using foul language despite the presence of children and elderly people. I also would have enjoyed a walk in the gardens but unfortunately the garden was not big enough.

The food was lovely. We had an evening meal in the bar and it was really good. Breakfast was great, with perfectly cooked bacon etc. I loved the potato bread and the soda as part of the fry. And the crossants were flakey and just the right size. The room was a great size and the bed really comfy and huge. The only down side was the bedside lamp not working. I loved the swimming pool and made good use of it.

Beautiful Liesure Facilities and Grounds beautiful but have got value for money other Hotels
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

When we stayed the room in which we where in was very noisy the radiator banged and when we reported it to night staff and they advised us they would send someone up however no one appeared and was very disappointed at this and when we where checking out and advised of this we where just told it be put into the maintenance.

Food Was beautiful a bit pricey for what all we got, kids could of ate more. The Place was beautiful and the Staff during the day where very helpful the swimming pool and leisure area was outstanding the kids loved this area.

Disappointed La Mon customer.
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

4.00pm check in is excessively late. We were in a standard double room and the radiator made noise all night and during its operation. £122 for a double room 7 miles outside Belfast needs a review downwards.

Nice secluded countryside environment. Modern hotel with appropriate facilities that match 4 star rating. Staff were friendly. Breakfast was good.

Terrible staff and attitude towards the "non-corporate" guests
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

I never normally go on to complain about my stays, despite having stayed in various locations throughout the world and normally being satisfied if I have a clean bed to sleep in and a working shower, however, the staff were terrible. Attended for a friend's wedding and we were told they had "too many corporate guest to worry about" as a result of our television being on in the room (it was not loud - the sound of a shower running would have been louder). The fact that they made this comment made me feel that our money spent on their room was not of any value to them. When it came to the end of the night at the wedding - before the DJ had finished playing, the staff had stripped tables down and removed chairs from the main room in order to get people out. I understand not everyone is cut out for jobs in hospitality but would remind their HR and whole staff in general to remember that people skills go a long way in this industry.

Bedroom was a good size and everything was catered for

4.0
    Totally unacceptable state of ensuite and had not been checked
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

Ensuite bathroom was filthy Shower curtain mouldy and bath and taps dirty Toilet brush was caked in toilet roll and brown sludge in holder totally unacceptable and when reported just said someone would look at it No offer of reduction on cost

Beds were fine

Excellent hotel and staff will be back soon
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

Beautiful Breakfast On Saturday Morning in Lovely surroundings. Asked reception at 7.45am to book me a taxi for 11am it was booked no hassle and when i arrived to check out taxi was waiting. All in all a great stay would highly recommend 10/10 service

We came away on St Patricks Day weekend for a 2 night stay. We had a fabulous weekend, we'd go again
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

The room facilities, tea/coffee were poor - there was very little milk for the coffee and no water in the room except for the tap water. The ironing board was old and the iron didn't work

The bedroom was comfortable and the shower was great. The food was good too and the gym and pool were lovely

Apart from the waiting g of the room it was very enjoyable
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

Arrived at 2pm Waiting for my room to be ready for over two and half hours which meant we did not get to our room till after 4.45pm and I was travelling since six that morning. So we just hanging around the reception area.

It was just what I needed relaxing tranquil and quite.a fantastic hotel to go and recharge your batteries. Couldn't fault it at all.

room service was great!
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

double tap sinks need to be replaced with mixer-sinks so that we can mix cold and hot water... wifi needs to be boosted, had pretty poor signal in the rooms

room service was great!

I had a fantastic stay at La Mon and will certainly be back very soon
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

Nothing. I couldn’t fault it.

The bed was extremely comfy and enormous!! Breakfast was fantastic and the staff couldn’t do enough for me. I had to extend for a extra couple of days because of a family funeral and the service was brilliant.

Calm, clean and comfy!
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

Took me a while to find the appropriate light switches. There was only shampoo/conditioner in the shower, had to get out again to get body wash/soap. Minor details, otherwise stay was lovely!

Husband and I having a night away to relax, it was exactly that. Bed was massive and super comfy! Room was excellent and shower was very powerful which I loved. Staff were lovely and very helpful. Very clean! Tv in Charlie's was showing the rugby which was great! I'd definitely stay again.

Very disappointed.
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

Card machine was broken therefore could not get into the room for over 20 mins. I was left with all my bags in the reception area and my partner had a massage booked and had no time to prepare or get ready for it.

Enjoyable
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

There was not enough tea,coffee and milk in the room.we where not told supplier deliveries came in at the back of the hotel, we where lying in bed in curtains open and up pulled a delivery man. The pool would have been better if it stayed open later.

The food in the bar was exceptional, staff friendly. We where not offered a dessert as we arrived at 9.20 which we knew was late enough but waitress said chef wanted to get finished up and could we order quickly.

Comfortable and convenient.
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

Some of the portions in the evening in the bar were a little smaller than one might have expected. I didn't too much, but maybe just little more without having to buy an extra course. Obviously, very carefully thought out! The bar was a little noisy - because of the high ceiling and occasionally children running around. At that time I, personally, needed just a little peace and quiet. Once my room was not valeted until I returned in the evening. I don't think that it was the maid's fault. Also on another occasional my door had not been fully closed when I returned in the evening. Overall, it was a comfortable stay, but management need to be a little crisper in their oversight. I have lived over half of this year in hotels around the world.

Very good breakfast! The staff in all areas were friendly and helpful.

Eh
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

Fire alarm woke us up at two am. The bed was not comfortable and the shower turns from hot to cold and back to hot constantly.

It was clean and the country club was nice the bar and restaurant were nice.

Room was lovely food was lovely
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

We had requested smoking room got to the room it wasn’t so I’d ask at reception they offered a down grade but we would have lost the extra money we paid for room and they couldn’t do anything about because we had booked through Booking.com

Room was lovely food was lovely

Great hotel but not relaxing when there are 2000 children running around.
    • Premier Single Room

My timing was unfortunate as there was some kind of kids dancing event on at the hotel. It was like staying in a kid soft play area.

Very nice room, very comfortable. Good restaurant.

I don't recommend this hotel at all, it has ruined my holiday!!
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

I was overcharged for my stay by approximately 7 euros over my original booking price and when I inquired I was given no answer and the manager said that this is their policy!.. the staff at reception were poor, the rooms were not ready till 4pm. and the mattress over the beds was very old with and with an awful dip in the middle which made me and my wife kept falling into the middle of the bed.

Breakfast was good

More positive than negative.
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

We were put in a room with a view of a skip, despite the hotel being almost empty. The window sill was rotting with damp. My husband couldn't sleep on either the double or single mattress.

The staff were all very friendly. The pool was lovely. The breakfast was very tasty as was dinner in the restaurant.

Fabulous 4 Star Hotel in the Country.
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

I have stayed here a number of times and it's one of my favourite hotels. The staff are very friendly and attentive. I love to use the pool and Jacuzzi when I stay. The food is excellent especially the breakfast which is so fresh and they use great local produce too :)

Fantastic stay, would definitely recommend this hotel.
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

A little fridge in the room for customer use would have been handy.

The staff were very friendly and accommodating which was fantastic - they even put our ice cream in the freezer for us for later! Michelle was especially friendly and helpful, thank you very much.

Wouldn't go back to stay there.
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was cold. staff were not very helpful in the breakfast room so didn't have breakfast The following morning. The bar area was overtaken by the 2 weddings on the saturday night.

Very comfy beds.

After initial stress, I had a great stay.
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

The fact that booking.com had downgraded my booking from a twin room with double bed and a single bed, to a twin room with just a double bed. I was with my 22 year old son, which is why I booked twin room with double and single beds. I spoke with the receptionist and explained that I did not want to share my bed with my son, and she was so helpful. I got my room changed to what I had booked in the first place.

Helpful staff.

It was good but could have been better.
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

We ordered drinks at the same time as our meal but we had ate three quarters of the meal by the time the drinks arrived. There was limited ingredients for the cocktails. The fan in the bathroom didn't work. There was no entertainment on the Sunday night despite the next day being a bank holiday.

There was a very good selection for the breakfast. The rooms were spacious.

When we arrived hotel looked lovely, bedrooms where really...
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

We travelled from Cork to the hotel to cut down travelling as our ferry from Belfast was early Saturday Morning and we felt this would give us a good nights sleep for the long day ahead. We where given rooms in a corridor with all rooms apart from ours filled with wedding guests. They partied in the rooms all night through to 6am so after complaining 3 times and nothing being done & we knew we where getting no sleep we showered had breakfast and went to complain, We where told that was the only rooms available, we asked why we hadn't been told this at the time of booking as we could have went somewhere else. The answer was we will refund 20% of the room. We spent £142 per room £160 in the restaurant to be given £28 refund. Not good customer service for a place this size, never again

When we arrived hotel looked lovely, bedrooms where really spacey, restaurant was really good

Very enjoyable stay
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

There were no cupboard doors and there were open shelves. A room of that size (771) should have two armchairs not just one.

The bed was very comfy. There was always hot water. Food was excellent.

Do more research.
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

The first room I had was very noisy children above me noisey and crying a lot thru the night, moved to another room following day , quieter but like first room poor internet and no phone signal.

Being only a few miles from place of work, Also the hotels surroundings

Very enjoyable
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

Could have provided more information on things to do in the local area. Sauna was out of order on both days.

Being able to use the spa after checkout - lovely spa staff

Decent place to stay
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

Watered down breakfast orange juice. Breakfast items like sausages etc were deep fried :-( I sent two requests to the hotel prior to my stay via booking.com and neither were answered. Had to phone after a few days and staff member wasn't very helpful. However staff at hotel during check in were good but the attitude of a few spoiled the experience.

Comfortable beds. Pleasant surroundings.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Was not the best
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

DIDNT LIKE BEING WOKE UP AT 7AM BY A MEMBER OF THE PUBLIC PLAYING MUSIC SO LOUD FROM THEIR CAR WEN USING THE GYM, SHOULD MAYBE OPEN LATER INSTEAD OF 7/7:30 WAS DISAPOINTED AND THE STAFF WERNT VERY HELPFUL ON THIS SITUTATION

Like the gental overall look of they spa and hotel,

Overpriced

Room and bathroom

Bed was not very comfortable. Room was dated. Bathroom had horrible marks in it. Food not as good as I hoped. Room service not very friendly. Felt it was overpriced for what I got. Pool was great and staff at reception and pool area where lovely

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

Overpriced but breakfast was good
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

Could have been done with a later checkout. Had food at the bar, could have been better. Went back to our room a little earlier than we would have as we had trouble finding staff to serve more drinks. Had workmen outside our window first thing in the morning. Not my idea of a nice break

Swimming pool was good. Breakfast was really good.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at La Mon fantastic hospitality!!!
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

A bit disappointed rooms did'nt have a fridge although there was an empty space for one.

We spent 2 nights at La Mon for our Daughters wedding which they also hosted. Management & staff were amazing everything went smoothly from start to finish, the food was delicious the chef prepared an Asian fusion starter which was loved by everyone. Fantastic breakfast lot of choice & cooked to perfection.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

The staff were very friendly and polite
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

For the price of the room our room had workmen working outside from early in the morning, the wifi didn't work properly in the bedroom and the room cud of been freshened up ther wer chips in the walls and round the toilet on t floor looked dirty

The staff were very friendly and polite

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

Slightly disappointing for a four star hotel.
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

There was a constant banging outside our bedroom most of the night coming from outside the building which was unsettling and disturbed our sleep. When checking out at reception we were not asked if everything was okay or if we had enjoyed our stay. The reception staff could have been a little more friendly. They also ignored my son when he tried to talk to them. In general some of the staff at the hotel could have been more helpful and pleasant.

My son really enjoyed the swimming facilities. The food in Charlie's bistro was very nice and the hotel was clean.

Great hotel for a weekend break - good facilities and menu.
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

Bed a little hard, got used to it after the first night

A family run hotel which had excellent service, very responsive to any requests. Excellent breakfast and friendly efficient staff.

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

Pleasantly surprised
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

Stayed on way home from family birthday party because we were unable to get booked into another hotel with rest of our party. Think we got the better deal. Everything-breakfast, pool, room exceeded our expectations based on cost/rating. Will definitely be back!

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

Great food great spa defo be bck
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

The only thing that could of been better was that the dressing gowns for the spa could of been in the room to get ready to go to spa

Loved the spa the treatments food an room staff was very friendly

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

Lovely hotel but lacks a little in atmosphere
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

A got a room with a disabled shower which was disappointing as I had my child with me and he would have liked a bath!! A room with a disabled shower should only be given if requested.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Lovely spa weekend
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

Put into a family room (not a double) which had an extremely uncomfortable bed. Spa could get very noisy with kids screaming splashing and shouting- not too relaxing.

Great location and the spa was absolutely lovely, great pool, jacuzzi, and sauna. There was amazing food and cocktails in the restaurant. Staff were a 10/10 - very helpful.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

No cop on by breakfast staff
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

Large Restaurant empty for breakfast yet staff member placed another lone guest right beside our table and we could not speak. Very irritating

Friendly staff at front desk

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

One of the best hotels I've stayed in :)
    • Premier Single Room

I have stayed here a number of times and I am never disappointed! The staff are very friendly. The food is excellent and of course the gym and pool facilities are fantastic!

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

comfortable and modern;
    • Premier Single Room

It's a good option if you are driving but expensive is your trip means you need to get in and out of the city by taxi. it's probably further from City centre than they would like you to think ... half an hour by taxi.

comfortable and modern; excellent breakfast; extensive fitness suite and spa etc.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

nice place but too many kids here to enjoy any peace
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

hotel caters to families with young children. if you don't mind this then you will find this place better than I did. I did not like the screaming kids in the middle of the might, the chaos and din at breakfast and screaming in the pool area. The pool area was not pristine either - I got a brief sinus attack from it.

large clean room; breakfast food; nice location; staff were friendly

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

Nice hotel if you have business in the vicinity
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

The coffee at breakfast was terrible, I had tea the second morning. Only accessible by car.

Staff are lovely, their accents sound like they are all local. I didn't use the pool or gym so can't comment. Location quite out of the way from central Belfast but I had business nearby and enjoyed the drive through hilly farm lanes.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

The hotel and hospitality are superb.
    • Premier Single Room

The hotel and hospitality are superb. I was there for a charity dinner . I attend corporate functions regularly and I have to say this was the best catering for a function and best party atmosphere I have experienced . I will return with family and friends

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

Great for a wedding but some reception staff reception could do with a little retaining
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

Early morning reception could do with improvement - one family member had paid on arrival for 2 days & was challenged at 5.30 am she had to seek receipt and even then staff a little ungracious - I asked to pay and had amount logged on card not taken as payment . Please La Mon let your guest dictate how they pay and when they have please do not challenge them like thieves .

Food and wedding staff fantastic Breakfast awesome

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

On the outskirts of Belfast which was safer than staying in...
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

Directed to the bar for our evening meal which was very noisy. The restaurant was full with a business conference, but we were not told this in advance of our booking. If we had we would probably have chosen another hotel. Our room was also next to the lift shaft so noisy from about 5:30am

On the outskirts of Belfast which was safer than staying in Belfast.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Very disappointing.
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

Bedrooms very basic and a bit dated. Definitely not worth what we paid. Pillows very hard and uncomfortable. Room very noisy radiators and other residents running up and down corridors.

Breakfast was excellent. Plenty of choice.

Great staff
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

Breakfast ended too early on Sunday mornings

Beautiful location. comfortable room and wonderful breakfast

Comfortable hotel
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

Noisy room due to ladies in rooms around us

Staff friendly, lovely comfortable room

lovely country hotel
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

not many places to sit and relax

very big bedroom, excellent breakfast, so much choice!

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Overall service from start to finish was 5 *

Overall service from start to finish was 5 *

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

4 star hotel giving 5 star service
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

It is spacious, comfy, friendly and has great facilities.
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

It is spacious, comfy, friendly and has great facilities. It is only 10mins by car from central Belfast but the setting is rural and peaceful.

Staff

Staff

Excellent staff at reception so friendly and helpful.
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

Excellent staff at reception so friendly and helpful. Pool facilities excellent and great amenities in room.

Location and facilities excellent.
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

Location and facilities excellent. Staff attentive.

Staff were great
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

Room was dusty and hairs in the plug holes

Staff were great

Stunning place staff amazing , jus abit far out when...

N/a

Stunning place staff amazing , jus abit far out when travelling by public transport, may look in to a shuttle bus