Reviews of Laburnum House Lodge 2 stars

6.2

4.9

Air con was a bonus.
    • Budget Twin Room

More towels for us girls please Horrible smell from sink plug hole when running water so maybe some cleaner down drains etc

Air con was a bonus. Asked for extra towels and wc rolls which were delivered. Cleanliness could be better and staff before 10.30am in the morning as check out is 10am. Road closed at site added another hour into our journey but it was actually accessible!

Will never be back
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Place wasn’t clean shower didn’t work hot water stopped on bath, moved rooms was ok but not clean. Never felt as uncomfortable in all my times travelling over the last 12 years. Shouldn’t be allowed to be booking.com

Location was ok everything else did not meet any standards

The way out
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The smell in the reception/bar area. The place would be really nice if it was properly cleaned and not so run down. We went as newlyweds and can’t say we enjoyed the hotel even though the staff were friendly

The way out

First time and last time sums it up
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Too expensive for what's on offer. Milk was off although couldn't tell untill opened. Air con not working Needed a good clean.

Room 28 I paid £140 for 2 nights for a basic room, breakfast was not included in this price. With breakfast this would have been £182. Room wasn't exceptionally clean, bed was comfy. Hot drink making facilities basic, surprised 1 milk pod had gone off, milk was green and had bits in it. TV was ok with plenty of channels. Couldn't get air con working. Looked like a one man band running the show, he seemed to be doing everything.

Ok served my purpose.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Could do with a good clean, lots of cobwebs about that could be removed quite easily, ie wash down front door, cleanaround the coving.

Location was good. Bedding and bathroom was ok.

very disapointed
    • Budget Twin Room

First room filthy not cleaned prior to our arrival, bathroom floor filthy and hairs on pillow cases. So complained and were given another room which was slightly better. Sign on entrance to site absolutely covered in cobwebs as was our front door. This could be a great complex if it was given a really good clean and fresh paint in rooms and outside walls. Breakfast toast had mould on bread and they didn't have another loaf except in freezer.

We were very pleased with the overall stay.
    • Budget Twin Room

The main reception area could be more inviting but again the staff made up for any short comings. Again the lodge we stayed in was one of the cleanest and inviting we have stayed in.

The buildings look a little shabby from the outside and the surrounding area could be tidied up. BUT the inside of the lodges is very clean, tidy and inviting, the lodges close surroundings is quiet and relaxing. the area is close to the town of Burnham on Sea and al it's facilities. over all we had a very good time.

The location was good for what I needed.
    • Budget Twin Room

Filthy, mouldy room that smelt disgusting. Drawings (yes a child’s drawing) on the sheets. Bathroom mouldy, shower curtain was a disgrace, definitely not fit for use. Toiletries were half full/ used. Sugar all over the microwave and floor. Floors were dirty and furniture stained. The front door was covered in spiders and webs and the windows were mouldy. Extremely disappointed with my stay here. I completed a feedback form requesting a call back from management and have heard nothing yet. Avoid like the plague is my advice.

The location was good for what I needed.

Good for country boy,city people might not like it so much.
    • Budget Single Room

Could have done with a fridge in the room to keep beer cold, wifi was rubbish as was the tv reception, could prob do with net curtains but that's about it. I liked the place and will book again.

I liked the fact it was out of the way which Is what I went there for, room was a nice size and shower was good, got chatting to the staff and they came across as friendly, but didn't see much of them after the initial booking which again I didn't mind, loads of parking so no issue there either, local pub down the road was good and I left feeling like a local, so apart from 1 idiot I met on the road, people seemed friendly for the most part. Place was clean but guys this is the country and I don't think they can do much about the cobwebs, it is impossible to keep them off during the summer, I know from my mothers house. I like driving in country lanes so I liked that also. 10 mins walk and there was a pair of red kites flying by the stream/waterway. Good place for walking if you are a country boy.

Less than average facilities for a lot of money
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Bar closed by 9pm. So no good available. Shower head broken. Tv not working properly

I found the room to be clean but very out dated In need of redecorating. Shower needed to be mended

There was a kettle
    • Budget Twin Room

It was in the middle of nowhere, accept dogs bit nowhere to throw the dog mess away, shower tray was blocked taps leaked on the taps,

There was a kettle

Parking was good, and hotel location ideal for our needs
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The room was not very clean , very tatty and attention to detail sadly lacking ie curtains unhooked, had to ask for a bulb for bathroom.

Parking was good, and hotel location ideal for our needs

This place should not be listed.
    • Budget Single Room

The restaurant was clorsed so there was no food service, which was not saison the internet. The hotel was about a mile walk to the nearest restaurant or bar.

The room was right and cofrtale.

Appalling facility and very over priced. Nice staff

Dirty towels, filthy room- cobwebs, sticky grubby marks everywhere on walls, 1/2 a loo roll, room not tended to or cleaned during our stay, VERY dated room, old lumpy mattress, stained upholstery, no hot water in shower and very poor water pressure. Icing on the cake was poison rat/mouse trap in the cupboard!!

Clean, fresh bedding was the ONLY positive.

there was nothing too like .
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

there was nothing too like .. all flats were like living in , 1970s very damp and was not impressed that the hot water was turned off by 10 am . the manager and staff didn't know what the other staff knew what each other was doing .. very saddened ,, by paying 320 pound for 4nites and was very disappointed

Would never bookagain don't think it should be on a booking site
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Ripped curtains Broken wardrobe,blinds fell down no double bed no remote for the tv dirty cold pool rusty old BBQ..say no more oh an cat pup all over the grass so kids could not play out the front but the weather was good

Polite staff

We loved it. If you are a townie or not keen on the odd spider you might not like the nature.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Massive room, larger than expected with kitchenette area which was great. Easy parking. Friendly staff. Excellent value for money. It's had some bad reviews but it's lovely there, if you are really fussy and expecting luxury you might be disappointed but you should be booking a 5star hotel instead!

Went home after one night
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

We requested wheelchair accessible room. There were 2 big steps to get in and steps inside. The manager apologies but should never have sold this as wheelchair friendly. £200 for 2 nights and we had to leave after the first as was too much hassle getting in and out. As for the toilets In reception see picture attached that was taken at 7pm. Feel ripped off and will never return. Very dated needs total overhaul.

Cheap accommodation, perfect if you just need a bed and don't want to pay much
    • Budget Twin Room

Bathroom was old and not in a great state. The whole accommodation needs an update, everything is old and outdated.

Perfect location is you are travelling and only need a bed to sleep an don't want to pay much. You can park your car in front of the lodge. Personnel is friendly. Good beds, with clean white bed linen. I was travelling to Cornwall, this was a perfect stop for a sleep, for a low price. I would recommend this place if you are looking for something low budget.

never stay there again -feel ripped off
    • Budget Twin Room

poor selection of bar food, room dirty, beds horrible, bugs from surrounding area (don,t leave window open was advised) shower poor

bar was okay but closed early- pub down road good

2 star rating. Not great, but just about bearable.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

One member of staff in particular was rude and not very helpful AT ALL and his own personal cleanliness was disgusting. Our room had an aroma of cigarette smoke. The view from our room was a beaten, old trampoline.

Me and my partner liked the pool as we got time to ourselves, but it had a funny smell to it which was a downside. The beds were reasonably comfortable. It was quiet, which we liked.

Could be better
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

There was a smell from the stagnant pond water at the back of the hotel. I was also charged twice although this was resoved. No coffee in the room.

The bed was comfy. Location suited our needs. Breakfast was nice.

Breakfast should've been included for the price.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The shower pressure was awful. Even at 'non-busy' times. Room was clean enough, but could've been better!

The location was good as easy access to M5 and staff were friendly.

Not what I expected
    • Budget Twin Room

On arrival at the house we found our way to the reception to be greeted by a very unkempt man. The greeting was not what you would expect from the reception, I know this because I am a receptionist in a hotel. There were no checking in procedure, just gave my name and this man stood up and he was covered with splashes of food all over his shirt, looked like he'd been eating spaghetti bolognese and got more on his shirt, this immediately put us off. The room smelt quite fusty but was adequate for our short stay. My daughter had the same type room except her TV was on the wall and very tiny and couldn't get most of the channels, where our room had a large TV. Most of the rooms were all separate from the main building a bit like a holiday camp set up, if you wanted the WiFi you had to go to the main building. It just wasn't what I was expecting when I booked. We were given a tour around the swimming pool area by a "guest" which she classed as beautiful and luxurious but believe me this wasn't the case. A "white" towel was on the floor in one of the shower rooms, not at all white, it was very dirty and the rest of the place didn't look too clean either. This coupled with the arrival experience just put us off the place. It was a 5 to 10 min walk to the nearest pub/restaurant on the main road which wasn't too bad and there were at least 3 more pub/restaurants in the area but a longer walk. I'm afraid I wouldn't use this place again. Still cant get over the man on reception.

Didn't like anything about the property.
    • Standard Single Room

Didn't like anything about the property. Have never actually stayed in such poor accommodation. Also as a single female traveller I did not feel safe in the property at night. The room I got (room 18) looked nothing like the photos posted on this website. It was old and smelt fusty and bad. The main door and windows were old and single glazed - front door and windows banged in the wind. Spiders in the corners of the room and cobwebs. The television was the only modern effort in the room. Bathroom old and very dated. Very 1970s. Old carpet on the bathroom floor, Shower took forever to heat and then ran hot and cold so took a long time to have a decent shower. I would think twice before booking and if it's your only option I would request the modern looking room in the photos.

Was ok could be better
    • Budget Single Room

Beds was clean but smelt realy bad of damp and wasnt very clean had all dirt and cobwebs all round windows and was realy baf smell in the room shower room is noy it gd state and 45 pound an night and no breafast

It was an ok place staff was friendly and nice people

Very convenient location, lovely and quiet, great staff.
    • Budget Single Room

I had a poor experience when checking in, as I was just handed my key and pointed in the general direction of where to go to find my room. There was no mention of the fact I needed to pre-order my breakfast - luckily, the staff on duty next morning were very helpful and accommodating, so I did not go hungry!

The location was very quiet and I slept well both nights. The bed was comfortable and I had everything I needed. The staff were very helpful at breakfast time on both days.

4.0
    we were offered a free breakfast after complaining about the...

Dirty bins, pubic hair in the wash basin and not sure of bed linen change

we were offered a free breakfast after complaining about the cleanliness of our room.

Do not spend more that £25 for this place
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The shower you had to run for 10 mins to get any warm water. Then in 2 mins it went cold the boiling hot then stopped working all together. The bed sheets had staine and the front door could be opened with me just nudding it

Friendly staff could not fault that. But certainly not value for money

Will not return
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Mouldy milk, shower didnt work. No staff. Stained bed linen. Couldnt open windows. Glass in window"blown" couldnt see out. Only 3 coat hangers to hang up clothes. Towels where changed but bins not emptied. 2 star in Greece is far better.

Was fine for a night wouldn't stay longer
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Rooms not up to standard on cleanliness, cobwebs and spiders. Towels smelt musty and shower floor dirty. Milk for tea off and crockery and cups dusty. Wardrobe floor broken which they knew about but not fixed.

Staff friendly and helpful

If U find nothing else

Location's not bad, but it needs work, especially in the rooms which are dated, served our purpose, but next time will pick somewhere different, carpets are worn out, rooms need a lot of work, swimming pool is very small, the restaurant was smelly, we never entered it,

Laburnham House Lodge Hotel - Wonderful Place To Stay
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

There was nothing I didn't like (if there was I would have told the staff) and I would go again in a heartbeat.

Staff were very helpful and friendly, spotlessly clean lodge, pet friendly, really nice breakfast, lovely dining room, peaceful and quiet location.

Good value and quiet hotel, away from the main road and only a few minutes to Burnham on Sea.
    • Standard Single Room

Room very well equipped. Nice comfortable bed and room had a full sized fridge and a microwave. Also nice was a lovely fire which was good as I got back at night after standing in the rain at the speedway and was able to dry out and get warmed up. Motel style chalets meant that I was able to park my car outside the door.

We had a very enjoyable stay in a lovely room in a delightful location.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Under-powered electric shower .

Lovely setting next to nature reserve, great walks on the doorstep. A good sized room with armchairs so not obliged to lie on the bed to read. Very friendly staff. We liked the lodges, being separate from the main building.

Could be great - needs more attention to details!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Badly positioned toilet, too near to sink, had to feed yourself on delicately when you are a large gentleman!! Also the smell from the clean towels is too scented. On your website you show booking in time as 3 AM and of course it is a mistake, as it should read 3 PM, just thought you needed to amend it. The noise on the Saturday evening was unbearable, apparently being caused by scrambling loud motor bikes near to the lodge, number 26 which went on for at least a few hours, and then no room service on Sunday and then we were awakened very early Monday morning when the door was rattled loudly by the cleaner, who said she did not know anyone was in number 26, and then on Tuesday when we returned to lodge 26, the fire/smoke alarm was sounding very loudly in the room, otherwise everything was okay!!!!!

Comfortable bed, good shower cubicle, very good lighting in room

Dirty room!
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The room hadn't been cleaned at all - it looked like all they had done was change the towels and bedding. There were hairs in the bath & sink, the floor hadn't been hoovered for a while, there were cobwebs everywhere and splash marks all up the breakfast bar legs. Breakfast was awful, cooked food really greasy - even the mushrooms tasted like they had been deep fried! Cereal was stale and the fruit was past its best.

The bed was comfy

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Paid upfront via booking.
    • Standard Single Room

Paid upfront via booking.com as the booking was for a colleague. Hotel refused to believe this even though we had electronic confirmation and they charged my colleague again when he arrived !! Will not be using this hotel again.

Rooms were ok but morning breakfast was none existent.
    • Standard Single Room

Nobody in the hotel to cook my brother who had flown from Australia and my 82yr old mother. Had to buy breakfast off site. Very poor.

The rooms were ok.

a lovely weekend

no complaints at all

I had a fabulous weekend, attended my sisters wedding. everyone had a great time, the food was amazing and special diets were catered for, the staff were so helpful and bent over backwards to help us in every way. would highly recommend , great venue for a wedding! my room was large with en suite bathroom lovely hot water, and the bed was very clean and comfortable. would definitely stay again.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Could be a great place, but...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The room was not clean at all. There were full of spiders and cobwebs, dust and dead bugs on the window-sill. The carpet was full of dust as well, but the restaurant on site was really dirty. This is a place that needs a lot of work to get back on track, and could be a nice place, but is so run down and dirty that it certainly left a lot to be desired. I am glad we only stayed one night.

Ample parking at all of the areas, with a small pub on site. The room was a good size, ample space to move around in, and had a small tv and a desk. The best part was it being pet friendly, and it is near a few other places that served great food at the local pubs in the area.

Never again for that price
    • Budget Twin Room

The room given to me was not as advertised on the booking.com website, it was a much poorer standard than the photo shown. The sauna was not working and the staff were generally rude and inpolite. £207 it cost me for 3 nights in a poor quality room which was in no way near the quality advertised on the site. I left a day early and couldn't wait to get back home! Absolutely awful! Never again!

When first arrived at hotel my name wasnt on the list of...
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

When first arrived at hotel my name wasnt on the list of arriving and there was some confusing even though paperwork and payment had been taken. Eventually found in a pigeon slot. We had to change from a double bed room to a two single bedroom as there was not hot water. The owner of the hotel was very rude. As my three year old picked up off the floor two types of tablets from near the bedside unit. Luckily she isn't one for putting things straight into her mouth even with one of the tablets looking like a red smartie. Once speaking to the manager I got accused of planting the tablets myself.

Nice rural area
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Could do with dusting & getting rid of cobwebs - some rooms needed updating, one staff member lost the other half of our money (couldn't find the receipt saying that we paid?) Not much on-site, definitely need a car to get around.

Bed comfortable, rural area, bar staff friendly, met nice people, didn't really want to leave.

Very poor place to stay.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The attitude of the manager when I approached him with my complaint. Very unprofessional. The sink leaked at the floor when using it. The hurrendous sewerage smell in the bathroom every time you flushed the toilet made me physically sick. When approaching the manager to complain. He said he didn't have time for this, he had to take someone to the train station and wouldn't be back for 3 hours. I told him of the problems we incurred in our stay he said for me to put my complaint in writing and he will address it with his staff. He couldn't possibly come and look at the room right now. Knowing that I had to leave at that time to arrive home I couldn't possibly stay any longer to wait for him. He said no other customers had complained about that room. Insinuating I was an awkward customer The room was extremely poor for £70 a night. And he also said when I explained it was poor for the amount it cost. He said I paid £35.00 for the room I said I did not I paid £70 and I have the receipt He said £35:00 goes to the government ? This was confusing . I wouldn't recommend a stay at this hotel . It said free wifi and this wasn't the case this was only in the bar area not the room as it said online

Bar area

we enjoyed our stay, and would recomend and we will go back
    • Budget Twin Room

in the room we stayed in (40) the water in the shower was slow to go down, and cobwebs on the light shade and ceiling

The room was adequate for our needs, the evening meal was very good, breakfast was excellent the staff were very friendly

heating worked, hot water, lodge was clean, food was good...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

building need updating to present day decor very tired and decoration needs finishing.

heating worked, hot water, lodge was clean, food was good very pleasant staff. updating to present

bloody terrible , filthy dirty
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

whole place was disgusting so pretty much all of it!!!

this has got to be the worst place that we have ever stayed , the rooms themselves had all the right bits in the right places but it was filthy the loo had a hygiene band on , but when that was taken off the loo seat had dried wee all over it ! the smoke alarm was hanging off the ceiling , the light fitting was glass but only half of it was still there , the cobwebs was festooned on the coving , the dust under the bunks was thick , there was no back door key so we couldn't use the back garden . the blinds have mould on them ,there was beer bottle tops in the pool area , the "patio" area had wood lying all over the floor . we had to pay to watch the jazz band !! and on the evening the other units were full of workers from all over Europe . so basically its used as 'digs'.. absolutely awful !!!!!!

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

Not quite as advertised
    • Budget Twin Room

No heating, no dinner available, breakfast time limited swimpool changing room very dirty and mouldy lots of tlc and cleaning required in main hotel area

Lovely setting, and nice room, but rest needed a lot of tlc no heating and no food available!

Chalets! Just make sure you have a quick shower!
    • Budget Twin Room

We had an empty room next to ours, yet could still hear music coming from people further down, walls are thin. Hot water boiler is small, took me 3 re-fills to fill a bath (30-40 minutes)

The hotel is separate chalets The staff are amazing, as are the facilities

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

• Budget Twin Room

There was no restaurant available, the rooms smelt musty on arrival too. There was a dead bee in the sink and woodlouse running around the bathroom floor. With children staying with me, I wasn't happy...

The accomodaction we stayed in was lovely and clean as the...

No play area for kids.

The accomodaction we stayed in was lovely and clean as the whole area. We used the swimming pool and the " gym" area every day, played pool and had a loads of fun during our stay. Lovely location for people who wanna escape of town and people 😉, amazing walk around

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

Never again.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Freezing room and wet carpet from the shower.

Freezing room the heating was not working and the water from the shower was coming over the bath making the mat very wet, would never stay again.

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

Do not stay here - this is likely the worst hotel in the UK.
    • Budget Twin Room

The accommodation was the worth I've used. I work around the UK and live out of hotels 3-4 nights a week. x1 towel in the room had blood stains x1 towel had a dead fly embedded Mattress had seen better days, I had a couple of springs embedded into my body. Overall cleanliness was beyond acceptable.

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

Depressing
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Old fashioned rooms with a loud electric heater that makes the room too hot but if you have it off the room is too cold. Staff didnt give us new loo rol or change the towels. The bed was lumpy and the wind made the door to the lodge rattle all night.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Taking into consideration the inclement weather we were pleased to have a comfortable warm room.
    • Budget Twin Room

A dangerously sticking front door which would not open from the inside. The brand of tea and coffee were not to our taste. Only two coat hangers.

Beds were comfortable. Once electric fire was going the room warmed up. Plenty of hot water.

Daylight robbery !!!!!!!!!

Dead spider and mouldy kettle so couldn't have coffee. Central heating not working so was cold. Was dark as some light bulbs blown. Was grubby. Walls paper thin so heard all shouting, screeching at 8am from family next door. Shower was poor. Whole room needed renovating and deep cleaning. Mattress needed replacing

Bar stayed open late after the carnival

Well ripped off.
    • Budget Twin Room

Laburnum lodge is nothing like any photos shown on the web page, we were totally miss sold. After original booking of budget twin I requested double bed and was told on arrival that they charged me extra for the upgrade, I did not ask for upgrade just a double bed! Absolutely ripped off!!!! Dirty, needs updating, smelly. The price we were charged did not correspond with anything on the web page £164.00 for two nights each couple! As we went there for the carnival weekend did not get chance to go somewhere else. And as they had payment before we had seen the room made it more difficult. In my opinion needs the hotel inspector to visit and give a complete re-vamp. Please please don't book here.

The only plus was The bed was comfortable. Sheets were clean.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Very poor and would not book again
    • Budget Twin Room

The shower was mouldy and the was not clean and it smelt of damp the mugs were chipped and stained there were dead flies around the windows and there was no bedside cabinet on one side of the bed altogether it was not very pleasant

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Stayed for Festival of lights, nearby in Bridgewater, well worth the visit.
    • Budget Twin Room

Room was colder than expected, electric heater available, so not really a dislike, just advice to next travellers

Breakfast was superb, value for money. lovely clean room, very spacious with adequate facilities.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

Let's do the timewarp again..........No thanks
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Indifferent staff, 70s décor, truck-park outside window, smallest tv purchasable, intermittent hot shower and kitchens where fresh food fears to tread.

Good sized room, easy parking and accessibility to M5 and Burnham on Sea (7 min drive)

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

Keep away.
    • Budget Single Room

Was booked to stay here but on arrival was very weary of what I had booked myself for. To begin. In the car park is scrap cars. There is wiring hanging out of the lamp posts and had covers off with wiring hanging out. Reception were friendly but the guy was scruffy. Now the room. Soon as I opened the door I was hit by damp and a musty smell. And the beds were rock hard. TV didn't work and there is no wifi or phone signal. Did not check out the pool but it wouldn't have surprised me if that was not operational. The whole site needs drastic modernisation and clean up. Really would not recommend this place. Not till it's been knocked down or cleaned up.

Nothing !!!

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

NOT WORTH THE MONEY BY A LONG SHOT
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The bed was extremely uncomfortable for me which caused me extreme back pain the next day! The joining room next door to ours only had plaster stud partitioning, so we were rudely kept up all night due to screaming sex romps!

The location for the property was perfect

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

Beautiful surroundings, lovely staff comfortable rooms, what more could you want from a break away!

They stated that a hair dryer was in the room but we didn't have one...luckily I took my own. Also not enough hangers, [6], i didn't take many clothes as i was only there for a few daysj so wasn't to bothered. Also I requested before I went for a disabled toilet seat but we didn't have one...I didn't ask as i didn't stay in the room long enough for it to bother me to much!

The staff were very nice and helpful. The lady who did the breakfast was first class nothing was to much trouble! The rooms were lovely and had everything that makes a stay comfortable, nice hot shower/bath, plenty of towels, tea facilities, trouser press, and tv. It was also excellent to have my dog stay with me. Absolutely loved this place and would definitely stay again!!

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

Loved it!
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Little bit expensive £100 per night, the place could do with a little tlc, but not bad enough to stop us going again.

Family room was beautiful, kids loved swimming pool and pool table, we were late getting up but the lovely lady still did my kids cereal, all staff were lovely, will defo be going again and taking our dog with us.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

Fantastic holiday facilities and location, an all enjoyable holiday for everyone!
    • Budget Twin Room

There was nothing that we didn't like!

The staff were very helpful, friendly and gave advice on what to see and do! We were so happy our four legged family member was made welcome too, with wonderful walks along the nature reserve on the doorstep...literally!

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

Family next door keeping us up till gone 3am!
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Family next door keeping us up till gone 3am! Banging about, shouting, screaming. No consideration for others! Was not impressed at all by them. Not once did they tell their children to be quiet. Awful behaviour

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

Great set up
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

That we had to travel on.

Only stayed 1 night .. Travelling back from Cornwall. Great stop. The people were so freindly and kind. We wish we had another day there .. 😀

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Quiet, relaxing, dog friendly and very clean
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

the fact that we only booked 2 nights as we could have stayed or at least a week! A fridge in the room would have been a bonus

Brilliant location especially as we had a dog.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Upon arrival we was greeted by a pleasant man who was very...
    • Budget Twin Room

Was looking forward to making use of the pool and sauna, the pool had a ripped up water float in and the pool was allocated right next to the bar for everybody to watch you relax.

Upon arrival we was greeted by a pleasant man who was very helpful with checking us in. Took time to explain to us about the room we had been allocated, and even offered to walk us to the room to show us but as we was holding up a que we kindly declined.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Bargain Basements Overpriced
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

They could do with a groundsman and maintenance man. You could make it very nice but someone needs to splash the cash. We didn't venture in for breakfast so cannot comment on that side of it, only to spend the cash, spruce it up and I'm sure people would go back including me!😞

Ok as a base and somewhere to put your head down!

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Advertising somethings there not
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Advertised with so much more than there was, pint in club house was terrible and I mean undrinkable. Swimming pool was ok for adults in temp but size not, for a child to play is ideal, temp was slightly cold

How quite it was, but close enough to get to everything without being in the middle of it all the time. We liked how friendly the staff was also who helped our family needs due to extending our stay

Lovely location,decor & furniture very old. Maintenance badly needed.Shower filthy & no ventilation

Lack of cleanliness, badly needs updating & maintenance

Very dissapointed

No facilities openv

The comfy bed

Our room was big+ lovely+ clean, fridge there, didn't...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Our room was big+ lovely+ clean, fridge there, didn't use any of the facilities