Reviews of Lakeside Continental Hotel 3 stars

Wharf Road, Frimley Green, Camberley, GU16 6PT, United Kingdom

#11 of 11 hotels in Camberley

To be honest nothing

Having read the previous reviews I was very focused as to the quality and comfort of the room/hotel. When I opened the door to the room I was pleasantly surprised to find a big, clean, modern room with king size bed, large LCD TV and plenty of space.The room was spotless and the bathroom clean with a great power shower.

Did appreciate the fire alarm test going on for 3/4hr as was working nights and trying to sleep during the day. Restaurant situated in the other hotel On the whole, place is very dated and a bit out of the way

Large room, which was clean, bit dated and could do with a repant to freshen it up though, But for the money it was ok.

Looked very old and needs modern redecorating, we were the only people in the hotel there was no other cars in the car park. Found hairs on our pillows and it was a very dull and dark place. Needs modernising. Would not want to pay half what I did and would never stay again as the atmosphere is the most depressing I have ever been in. It was like something off a horror movie

The extractor fan in the bathroom was very loud and kept running for a long time after. It was not highlighted that food was only available in the hotel over the road so no breakfast could be ordered to room.

The room itself, bed and bathroom, were a great size, and very clean. I asked for a quiet room, and it certainly was. The gym and pool facilities 2 mins walk away, were a real bonus.

First room has a broken window latch open window meant it was very cold can't believe housekeeping hadn't reported the issue 2nd room was very tired especially the bathroom

The breakfast buffet was good

Tired and worn out. The bed was incredibly old and uncomfortable, full of ridges and lumps. The shower kept getting stuck on. All food was served at a sister hotel across the road, on the week that U.K. is gripped by the worst snow and coldest temperatures for ten years. No effort was made to clear snow and ice from the car park, making safe exit a lottery . The staff were surly and didn’t listen, when they made mistakes, they expect the guest to run around fixing it. Breakfast was barely hot, the bacon was underdone, as were the sausages. Only option was fried eggs.

The location was good for my requirements.

Updated room with modern shower.

The room was clean but shabby and in desperate need of an update; it looked like it hadn't been touched since the 80's. The shower head was fixed and didn't swivel so my colleague, who was taller than the shower, had to crouch underneath it. Also, we didn't realise there was a cost of £10 each to use the leisure facilities - a little too expensive for a swim! We ordered food at the bar, but cancelled after we saw a member of staff take the chicken out of the freezer and ping it in the microwave to defrost it. Clean but disappointing.

Roasting hot. Wall of heat when I opened room door, turned radiator off, room took hours to cool to the point where I could sleep.

Clean, tidy, good location

Expensive for room only. Radiators blazing hot throughout the hotel & no way to turn off. Had to change rooms as the downstairs room I was allocated had the windows open & they could not be shut as they were warped. Breakfast very basic & poor selection

Clean comfortable room. Powerful shower.

The tap in the bath was running as soon as I entered the room. It wouldn’t turn off and I had to listen to it all night. This has obviously been an ongoing issue as the bath has been stained brown by the water. The bed was supposed to be a double but it was just two singles pushed together which would have been fine if both beds were the same height. There were no other rooms available. These two combined led to an uncomfortable sleepless night. For £107 a night i expected better.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

Did like that we had to go to the international hotel to eat breakfasr

Rooms spacious and very adequate with all the basic amenities. Breakfast was enjoyable

This hotel is one of two on a lakeside site. Probably quite nice in the summer but eerily quiet in mid December. No bar or restaurant available at the hotel and guests ( I never saw any) are required to walk to the sister hotel for these amenities.

Spacious and clean room

The fact that there are few facilities within the hotel and you have to go to the neighbouring hotel for food and leisure facilities

Great place to stay value for money and the rooms are clean and spacious

Black mould in the bathrooms in each of the three rooms we had access to Broken light fittings Ceiling light covers holding dead insects Very poor lighting in each room. better quality Green energy Bulbs are available

Day staff Clean towels View over lake

Using Booking.com I booked a room at the Lakeside Continental for 28/09/17. On arrival the hotel was closed but a notice directed us to the Lakeside International a few minutes walk away. The notice stated effort had been made to contact guests but we were not contacted. The International Hotel staff said the Continental is always closed at weekends and this is a recurrent problem.

Helpful staff, pleasant room at the Lakeside International Hotel where we actually stayed

Breakfast was closed to early. We went down at 0925 to be told we only had 5 minutes to have breakfast as the restaurant was closing at 0930, all the hotels that we have stayed at before stay open until at least 1030/1100

We would have liked more milk and teabags in our room, although when we asked we did receive more. We are a disabled couple and we only manage because our stays are short. The lift has a habit of closing on the wheelchair before it has gone in

The food is absolutely gorgeous. We have stayed before and both times had an evening meal and breakfast.

I can't answer any of the questions as despite having a reservation for Saturday night, and telling the hotel that we would arrive between midnight and 1 am, on arrival we found the hotel closed and a kind man told us that it was always closed at weekends. He very kindly rang through to the Lakeside International who kindly received us at one o'clock in the morning and gave us a room at the same price as the Continental. I fail to understand how we could have a confirmed booking in a hotel that was closed that night, and apparently always is. I would be grateful for an explanation. We were extremely tired at that hour of the night and had an early start the next day so this was an unnecessary hindrance.

At the Continental hotel (the other one is called International, next to the road) there was no breakfast, so i had to go to the other hotel (only 2 min walk) for breakfast. I chose instead to get something from the store and sit in the park, or just to to the pub to eat:) One afternoon i returned to the hotel, the housekeeping had forgotten to Lock my door, the lights were on etc. This i do not appreciate. Safety first, so Lock the doors at least. Luckily there was hardly anyone else in the hotel at the time, so the risk was perhaps minimal.

Very Nice large and quietly located area. There are two hotels on the compound, just Next to a small Nice lake. Large parking area just outside the hotel. Short walk to the Frimley Green park, With Nice shops, two local pubs, and a few other Places to eat. Hotel is Nice, clean, but old fashioned style. This is what i like, and the staff helped making the stay pleasant.

There was no proper Disabled car space wide enough. The room was too small for the wheelchair. The view was just the car park and the lighting system didn't work properly.

We liked the view from the dinning room. The staff were friendly and very helpful.We had an issue with a toilet that didn't flush and we were moved promptly to another room.

A little more generosity with the refreshments, there was only enough milk for two cups each and perhaps a bottle of water, we had the glasses. Biscuits might be a nice touch too.

On the site there are two hotels and we actually stayed at the Lakeside International. It would seem that as no events were going on the hotels were not heavily booked so there was no need for the two of them to open. The hotel was ideal as we were attending a family party just 15 minutes away, otherwise unless you were on business or attending an event on the complex I could see no reason for staying at this location. The hotel was fine what I would expect from a quite large hotel in a town. The food was pub grub, but a reasonable price. Breakfast was extra so we did not take advantage of the opportunity and booked out very early to make our way home. The bonus in our room was that we overlooked the lake and had a small balcony.

The dining facilities were like a bad canteen and the staff were poorly trained, slow and forgetful. It was what I imagine a 60s British seaside holiday was like. *shudder*

Not much. It was old, tired and worn.

I had to try 4 rooms before i could get a phone signal! The guy behind the desk seemed adamant i couldnt have a balcony room which had a great phone signal,maybe because i was transferred (once again)from their continental hotel which seems to be forever closed ! But felt i cant justify this price of hotel with no phone signal to have to go outside and phone home at 10pm at night

The room was clean,air con and heating were good too

Stayed 2 nights, first night the room was very hot, not the hotels fault as it was the hottest day in Britain in years! Next morning they let us move to a room with air con as they were fully booked due to lot of guests were there for Royal Ascot.

Staff in reception very professional, friendly and helpful. Assisted in train station for London and Ascot. Booked a taxi to the train station. Breakfast was excellent so were the restaurant staff, who were again very friendly and helpful.

The decor is very old fashioned and it needs an upgrade The shower is terrible the water pressure is very poor

Very good breakfast Like the fact there was an iron in the room The bed was comfortable

After my stay at the Lakeside, I checked my bank account and noticed that an extra £60 had been withdrawn by the hotel. When I queried this with the hotel, they told me it was because a kettle, tray, and mug were missing, and that I must've taken it. I was astonished! No attempt had been made to contact me to discuss this; they just simply took my money. What happened to 'innocent until proven guilty'?! I was told, and I quote, "that the housekeeper is very trustworthy"! I have asked them to provide a copy of their terms and conditions stating that they have the right to do this, along with any sort of evidence that they have to demonstrate why I must've taken these items, but they have not provided this. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

It wasnt a didnt like but toilet/shower area was a bit compact,only thing i could really mentiong

It was lovely and clean,the reception team were magnificent even finding me a room with a little balcony,room was immaculate and air conditioning being a real bonus,bar staff extremely helpful and praise for the manager who was always quick to remember the drink choice and get it poured.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

The room was cold , because the window could not be closed properly , the water in the shower was cold despite allowing it to run at full pressure for 30 mins, I would not stay there again and at

Looks like the exterior has had very little love for a long time. Went for walk around the lake but everything was closed off.

Location was excellent by the lake, beautiful hotel inside

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

I got to the hotel at 10pm, to find that the place had closed. It was boarded up and the shutters down. I had received no notification from Booking.com that the hotel had closed. I have since found out that the hotel closed some time last week, before I made my booking through your web site.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Has no bar or restaurant or leisure facilities. All are near at the international. No english staff to explain how it works. Ate and drank at international slept at continental. Poor but could have been so much better

Hotel was in Lakeside complex and very quiet. Is next to continental which has all facilities. So it was quiet.

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

Shower controls were broken. I am 5'8" tall but couldn't stand under the shower. Bathroom light had blown, towel rail didn't work. No bar or restaurant on site, the facilities shown on the web site are across the park in another hotel. The site was deserted and that included staff. Way over priced. Thinking of booking? Don't.

Spacious room

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

I had not realized that there were no dining facilities. I could not even get a bottle of water! The information said room service there was non The whole place had a horrible feeling about it.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Steps up to reception ,not great when you have luggage. No meal available in the hotel had to walk to the sister hotel, not great on a cold wet night and no pavement. When arrived at the bar, there was no one serving, had to wait ages, then what I order later told was not available. What arrived was very basic and probably the worst chilli con carne I have ever had. Kettle didn't work in my room. Décor is a bit tired and needs re doing. I had a reduced rate through late booking.com, but wasn't worth the money and would have been very disappointed if I had paid the full rate.

Location was close to where I needed to be and was very quiet ( bit possibly due to the fact that there was hardly any one there) Room was clean and comfortable

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

Well. As far as I'm concerned. Everything in the hotel itself was fine. Except!! If you wanted anything to eat, evening meal, breakfast, or even a drink. You had to the effort to go over to the other hotel for their facilities. The Lakeside International hotel that is. Now they wasn't ideal.

The comfortable room. The cleanliness of the linen etc.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

This Hotel offered no services whatsoever. You only got your room, no restaurant,no breakfast, no room service, no gym, no bar. One of my worst Hotel experiences ever! And then I was double charged on my credit card with the payment!!!!!! Unacceptable!!!!!!

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

That there's no room service during the day

Rooms were very big and had everything I needed , everyone was happy and polite , looking forward to staying there again .

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

I am writing this review following my conversation with the Reception Manager of the hotel. This review is regarding the poor level of customer service which I experienced on 22/11/16 I booked a twin room at the hotel for 2 people for 3 nights via The Booking.com website. The agreed price was £225. When I called the hotel, after booking the room, the Reception Manager told me that my twin room had been booked only for one person and if I wanted to add a second person I would need to pay extra the amount of £89. In case I wanted to cancel the whole booking the charge would have been £75. I was very much displeased to hear that. Right from the beginning of dealing with the Reception Manager, my experience was the worst ever. The Manager seemed not to be willing to listen to my queries at all and was conducting a whole conversation in a patronizing and rude tone. I was shocked with her lack of interpersonal skills (the skills which you could expect from the Reception Manager) and the way she interacted with me. She made me feel unwelcome and frustrated. She did not offer any solution to my problem. In the end, I talked to The General Manager who informed me that to add an extra person to a twin room would cost me only £14 a night. Clearly, then, I had earlier been given completely incorrect information. I am displeased and upset with the unprofessional way I was treated. I am writing this review hoping that your hotel will improve the customer service. I was hoping to use your hotel on regular basis as a lot of my company work is done around your area. Unfortunately, due to the way you deal with customers’ issues and the way you made me feel, I will never use your hotel again. Similarly, I would never recommend it to anyone.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

Phone in room didn't work. Asked for a room with balcony and didn't get one. Needs updating. Decor tired and old fashioned.

Relaxed. Slept well. Casual atmosphere.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

Being hit with £10 per day parking charge for vans, despite there being no mention of this PRIOR TO BOOKING. It is only mentioned afterwards. Nowhere to eat nearby (15 min walk) unless you eat in their restaurant (very limited menu) - Not allowed to bring food back to the hotel.

Ample car parking, clean spacious rooms, nice bathroom with a bath.

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

Staff no idea what they are doing! Booked B&B then asked to pay additional £10 for breakfast per person which we declined, to find on check out we did have breakfast included, however breakfast service was finished! Two room changes and not the room booked

Parking good

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

Uncomfortable bed no AC and its massively dated place I went there 25 years ago no different I'm disappointed with our stay poor value for money

Near where our friends live

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

- toilet seat was dirty - bathroom fan sounded like it was going to explode - lots of brown mold on bathroom ceiling which made it look really dirty - uncomfortable bed

• Reviewed: 22 July 2016

On arrival the Telephone was not working and No Internet. Waited for engineer to repair but he could not. Further engineer to visit, waited for 45 Minutes but no one came to repair, Had a meeting and had to go out. Went have a wash when I returned at 11 00 but there was no cold water at the Sink. 20th was a very high temperature day. Went to use Shower at about 0600 as the room was so hot with only two small windows for Ventilation. The Shower did not work. Tried to advise reception but employee had no one to contact until later. The restaurant was in another building about 4 minutes walk away so I went out elsewhere. Tried to speak to someone on my return at 07 00 other than a young reception employee. He did call someone but it appeared they did not want to discuss and I was advised to put things in writing and someone would look at it later. Checked out of hotel. The room and Bathroom was to a reasonable standard but everything was tired in appearance. Far too expensive for the Service provided. Service was unsatisfactory This is One place I never want to visit again.

The Large room

U had to pay£10 for parking

hospitality,Good nice location also.

That the leisure centre closed at 4pm on the weekend

Peaceful , beautiful views of the lake and very comfortsble

No window in the room , hot and stuffy

Being lied to about using the gym and being told it’s £10 to use it

Better equipped room eg. Enough cups etc for occupants. Dangerous broken wardrobe mirror!! Facilities in the Hotel!! Damp smell gone!!

Nought

Nice place great staff

Breakfast not included in the price.

Warm, clean, tidy place with friendly and helpful colleagues.

The mattress was too soft

Large room. Good WiFi

The bed was unbelievably uncomfortable. Everything felt old and tired. The whole place smelt like old cigarettes and beer.

it could do with a lick of paint and some new carpets and bit outdated ok for one night

it was ok

Very dated

Needs updating, very dated

Hotel well worn

Room was clean as was bathroom

Very dated

liitle confusing between reception and other facility where breakfast was served

Location and facilities were excellent

Room really hot. Food at sister hotel was poor. Youths in the carpark playing loud music until 11:15

Price and it was clean

Lost property not found

Room really cold, radiators in both rooms not on. Beds were literally freezing

Lady in the restaurant next door was lovely at breakfast

Excellent hotel with beautiful lake

it was not obvious when i booked that i needed to go to another hotel to eat and drink. I would have booked the other hotel in the first place

Very dated decor

Clean and does the job

Ok.

Corridors and rooms were too hot

Good size room and very clean

Room was big and clean, bed was comfortable great value for money for that area.

Decor a little bit out of date, Bathroom shower too low kept banging my head

Staff attitude and attentiveness

Lift was out of order but apart from that all was good.

Room was large. Everything in the room worked. Staff were friendly.

Breakfast not included

The price was good. It was quite but I think the place was fairly empty

The whole complex is very dated and tired

The beds were very narrow but comfy

Can't take own food to rooms

Dated but clean