Reviews of Langton House 4 stars

46 Alma Road, Windsor, SL4 3HA, United Kingdom

#11 of 18 B&Bs and Inns in Windsor

Based on 131 B&B reviews

• Budget Double Room

Chris the hotel manager was extremely helpful when we sent our luggage on ahead. Eager to be of help. We had the room without an en suite, however the bathroom/wet room which was solely for our use was great and newly refurbished. Much better than what we expected.

• Deluxe Double Room

It is exactly as stated on the website. No frills, but good, friendly service, clean and comfortable room and en suite shower/toilet, Free parking, short walk to Windsor high street and sightseeing. Nice pub recommended by Chris, friendly, food good and cheaper than tourist spots although, of course, not with the views. Would go back again.

Actually nothing

I actually booket this as an hotel room and found out that it was a B&B. Imagine my surprise but it turned to a pleasant surprise. The host was really nice and polite. Breakfast was what you could except, good but not great. A old fashion room with corny furniture and a bathroom that was really nice. I would definitely come back another time

• Budget Double Room

Bed a bit lumpy but i slept well

Excellent kitchen upstairs My room had no en suite but a private bathroom along the corridor but this wadnt a problem at all

• Budget Double Room

Tea and coffee and drinking glasses for water was provided in a separate kitchen area.

The room and bed were comfy, and host was very helpful with trying to change to a twin room (not required in the end)

• Deluxe Double Room

Lovely stay, in a nice location, just a few minutes walk into Windsor town centre. The room was clean and comfortable; with the bed especially so! We had use of a small kitchen, come dining area, which was really useful. All in all we would thoroughly recommend Langton House for your stay in Windsor.

• Deluxe Twin Room

I paid a lot for the room in order to get twin beds for my daughter and myself. For the price I paid I was expecting an excellent Continental breakfast but it was rather disappointing with sliced bread and packeted cereal. It was £6 extra for a full English which given I had paid £125 already I was disinclined to pay.

The bed was excellent although the heating was a little too high for my comfort during the night.

• Budget Double Room

Comfortable and quiet room with friendly host. We had the budget room which had no ensuite but did have private facilities just down the corridor. This was not a problem at all, especially when we were only staying one night. For a longer stay I think the kitchen with the ability to store food in the fridge and make snacks would be much appreciated. We had no problem with parking on site but there could be an issue if all rooms are occupied. Easy walk into town and lots of information provided about places to eat etc.

Was expecting generally nicer rooms and better standard for the price. My double at £60 had fairly basic unappealing decor and didnt have an en suite ,the price didnt even include the continental breakfast. My colleagues at £90 did at least have an en suite and the breakfast included. This was midweek in January and we were the only people staying.

Good location, clean.

• Deluxe Twin Room

Our room had a side attached as a bathroom. It was lovely and clean. But ventilation would have been nice.

The welcome. Lovely member of staff. He would have bent over backwards for our comfort.

• Deluxe Double Room

Checkout in time was quite late and check out time quite early at 10.00, some flexibility would have been appreciated as our flight was later in the day. More lighting in our room, unable to read at night.

Location was ideal as we didn't have a car. We were able to walk to shops, Windsor Castle, restaurants etc.

• Deluxe Double Room

Carpet, decor, furniture was dated and shabby. It was definitely not at all comparable to the other 5 or 6 bed and breakfasts we stayed in on our 11 day road trip across southern England--- often for less money.

Convenient location walking distance to restaurants, castle. Bathroom was relatively updated and convenient.

• Deluxe Twin Room

Very ordinary breakfast, host rather offhand, not available by phone when we arrived and he was out.

Excellent location, very big room, comfortable beds, good bathroom.

• Deluxe Twin Room

Parking was a bit tight and limited on space.

Comfortable bed and room, nice hot shower, breakfast good and worth upgrading to full English. Staff very friendly.

• Deluxe Double Room

Not having tea/coffee facilities in room. Had to go upstairs to a small but we'll equipped kitchen.

Person running Langton house very friendly and helpful. Breakfast room clean and airy.

• Deluxe Twin Room

We had to go upstairs to make a cup of tea. We did get biscuits with our cuppa.

The bed was the most comfortable of many I stayed in on that trip. It was close to Windsor Castle so we could walk.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

A tad expensive.

The room was big, airy and comfortable. The bed was a comfortable four poster. Good hot shower. Quiet neighbourhood; secure building with code-lock on the front door. The room price included a continental breakfast in a pleasant setting, English breakfast is an extra charge. Chris, the manager, was very helpful and looked after us well.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

You couldnt checkin until 5pm as door was locked no-one on site.- You also have to check out by 10am. The accommodation was expensive the decor was tired - the shared kitchen had dirty worktops - cups were filthy & still there the following day, air vents were dirty . The room was very noisy walls thin and other guestsrooms chatting until 1pm in the morning. Its in direct line with Heathrow Airport (no double glazing) so noise from the aircraft - I would not return to this B&B and would not recommend it either. Overall a very poor standard. Better to stay in a hotel across the road which offers cheaper rates and better parking.

breakfast was good but you had to pay extra for it. It was within 20 minutes walking distance of town centre and nearby hospital where I had an appointment.

• Deluxe Double Room

2 of the policies. To charge extra for a cooked breakfast is something I have never encountered before. I have considerable experience in the hospitality industry. My mother managed a 36 bed BB&D for more than 35 years. I grew up washing dishes, serving tables, making up beds a preparing invoices. I operated an international adventure company taking clients to all corners of the world for more than 20 years. I totalled more than 1600 nights at U.K. B&Bs. Never did I ever encounter this policy. In addition, to add 5% for the privilege of using a Visa card is a policy I find hard to swallow. My company allowed Visa to be used totalling more than half a million a year. In using my card for everything from client airfares, hotels, B&Bs, vehicle rentals etc., I NEVER EVER was charged extra for it's use. My rate with Visa was 2.4% and I would never have dreamt of passing this on to clients. It's the cost of doing business. It's chincy and It reeks of greed.

Chris was very welcoming, helpful and courteous.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

• Deluxe Twin Room

Cooked breakfast should have been stated that it was extra at the time of booking Didn't know till we checked in it was an extra

Very clean and spacious room Hosts made us feel very welcome taking time to talk to us Very good cooked breakfast

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

Excellent staff that really made us feel welcome and cared for. We could lend good road maps for our day trip with the rented car. Very good to have access to a small pentry for making simple evening meals after long excursion days.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

No drinking glasses in room, would like tea facilities in room, not upstairs. Incense in room.

Friendly, room warm, good location, breakfast good, off road car parking.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

The weather was turning but the heaters were not on in the room so it was a bit chilly.

The room was spacious, the bed very comfortable with nice pillows and duvet. The shower had very good water pressure and reached a warm temperature quickly. The location was a quick walk to the beginning of the high street with lots and f shops and restaurants. There are 4 parking spots although very tight. And we were never disturbed by other guests.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

The mattress was very hard. The shower didn't drain well.

Staff were very personable and helpful. Technology worked well in the room. The breakfast was good and prepared us well for our days of touring.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

Parking wasn't great but we have a large car. We found parking near.

Staff were very friendly and helpful. Room was clean and tidy. Location was great.

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

The only thing which was missing....was a phone in the room. [for receiving calls not making them].

We found the 'Hostess' [Aga] very helpful & friendly. the Continental Breakfast was good & access to the shared kitchen [with Fridge] was a nice bonus. The Twin room + Ensuite was good. Location was a bit of a walk to Windsor Castle.

• Reviewed: 12 August 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

There was nothing to not like....it was a lovely place.

Lovely place to stay - very welcoming. Great continental breakfast. Very comfortable, fantastic shower!

• Reviewed: 22 July 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

The car parking spaces were very small. The fan in the bathroom was very loud and stayed on for 5 minutes after turning the light off. It bit annoying at night.

Within walking distance of town centre. Good beds.

• Reviewed: 16 July 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

The room was a bit tired but seemed well kept. However, it was small and a bit tight with all the furniture.

The location was good...walking distance to the high street for dinner. Owner greeted us and was at breakfast - she was lovely, very friendly and helpful. We were lucky to have gotten the last parking space available so we were not parked on the street which would have been an issue as street parking seemed to be resident only for nighttime hours. (parking spot was very tight!)

• Reviewed: 4 July 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

Location was a little further from centre than expected (my friend and I had arrived by train and were walking). Arrived mid afternoon armed with code to enter front door if no-one was there. However two other guests had arrived and were trying to raise the owners. A neighbour contacted the owner who in due course arrived and the reception was rather cool. My friend and I told him that we didn't want to use the entry code in front of the other people in case they were not bona fide guests. We were also immediately asked for payment in a rather abrupt manner. We didn't actually see him again. I had a room on ground floor which was spacious. Couldn't get the alarm clock to work, couldn't find instructions but maybe I was looking in the wrong place, also had some difficulty with the shower. There was a kitchen area but this was on the first floor, my friend who had a room upstairs kindly got me some coffee. Overall a bit disappointed.

Service at breakfast was excellent, very pleasant young lady.

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

When the light is switched on in the bathroom at night it lights the whole bedroom as well (in room 4)

Excellent location, very helpful staff, good breakfast

• Deluxe Double Room

Great location with parking, very comfortable room and bathroom, simple continental breakfast, excellent host

Everything was good

Very nice, clean and quiet place to stay in

Very comfortable andClose to Windsor centre ,also parking

• Deluxe Double Room

Generally a little tired . Wood chip paper old style wall paper boarders. In need of an update

Location and modern bathroom

No outside sitting area.

Primarily the location. The breakfast was lovely and great brewed coffee

??

Clean. Upgraded to onsuite with no extra charge as we looked tired. Thanks. Kitchen facilities available.

• Budget Double Room

They provided Gluten Free for breakfast!

Nil

Clean & near city centre

• Budget Double Room

bed very comfy and sheets felt great

Tight parking

Lovely room, good location

• Budget Double Room

Everything was perfect, location excellent

Breakfast perfect very helpful, friendly staff

all ok

location,comfort, accessibility, food all good

• Budget Double Room

The staff were friendly and welcoming and nothing was too much trouble and there breakfast on the morning we left was very satisfying .

• Budget Double Room

The room could have been a bit bigger.

Nice bathroom with great shower and spotlessly clean. Very comfortable bed.

• Budget Double Room

Brilliant location in Windsor, lovely staff and very comfortable room. I wanted to stay a bit longer and they were very accommodating. Great value.

• Budget Double Room

As a female on her own, I would have liked a security lock function on my door

Mattress was very comfy. Parking was accommodated beyond expectations

Everything was nice

Very nice

• Budget Double Room

Super friendly owner, great location, cosy and great value

Comfortable、clean、friendly!

• Budget Double Room

Towels smelled musty and were hard.

The location was good.

clean and comfy

• Deluxe Double Room

Clean, comfortable rooms. Friendly staff. Great location. Loved our four poster bed too!

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

Delayed check-in and car parking, comfortable bed, free dessert and tea, quiet environment, spacious parking space and warm greeting.

Welcoming and helpful staff

location. spacious

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

• Deluxe Twin Room

Looking a bit tired in places

Comfortable bed, excellent breakfast

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

Everything was 😊

Very convenient for Windsor Castle. Accommodation well worth the money.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

Location was good for the castle and town centre. Will hopefully going back there in the summer.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

parking is limited.

Aga the manager was wonderful, the food was great and she was very helpful in planning our days.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

Not much parking

Staff are very helpful and friendly,

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

The main problem I had was that the bed was too hard for me but other than that everything else was fine.

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

Beautiful place to stay lovely friendly lady well positioned for town beautiful room lovely breakfast

• Reviewed: 16 July 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

Staff very warm and friendly, very helpful. Location ideal.

• Reviewed: 9 July 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

Charged for cooked breakfast (this was known in advance).

Very comfortable, spacious room.

• Reviewed: 4 July 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

The best thing was the lovely Aga who made us very welcome.

• Reviewed: 26 June 2016

Room was quite warm

Very friendly, separate little kitchen for guests to use.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2016

The noise from the road kept us awake as we were downstairs at the front - also late returning guests but nothing could be done about that

The welcome, the ease of allowing late check out, the service the offer of early breakfast etc etc

• Reviewed: 23 May 2016

The shower in my room, 4, had a very narrow sliding door opening which was made a bit more difficult as the heated towel rail was close to the sliding shower door. Made getting in and out of shower difficult.

The bed was very comfortable, the host, Aga, was very welcoming and helpful, friendly. We were very pleased to stay there. Excellent breakfast and all the little touches to make the stay here very enjoyable.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2016

Great location just a short stroll (5 mins) to shops and Windsor castle (10 minutes), friendly service - very helpful accommodating our 8 month old baby. Breakfast was great too.

• Reviewed: 20 March 2016

The street view of Langton House could be improved. Messy garden, trash can, odd bits and pieces sitting against the house. All worries evaporated when we walked through the front door and were warmly greeted by Aga.

Comfortable, cozy room. Clean, modern bathroom. Good security with coded keypad on front door. Staff provided gluten free bread upon request for breakfast. Nice little kitchen for afternoon tea or snack. Electric kettle, toaster, microwave, refrigerator. Wish we could have stayed longer.

• Reviewed: 16 February 2016

Limited parking...luckily we arrived early

Accommodating, friendly staff. Lovely clean room. Extra kitchen for guests to use at any time stocked with basic and provisions.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2015

Everything was GREAT and my friend and I were well cared for during our stay! Our room was huge and beautiful! The breakfast was wonderful! Would definitely stay here again. Only thing was that on the map I looked at Booking.com had Langton House on a street very near the gate of Windsor Castle. That is why I chose Langton. In fact, Langton House was on the opposite side of Windsor and a bit of a walk from the train station. BUT...loved it and would stay there again!

There are also 34 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.