Reviews of Lanhydrock Hotel & Golf Club 3 stars

Lostwithiel Road, Bodmin, PL30 5AQ, United Kingdom

#6 of 12 hotels in Bodmin

• Executive Twin Room

Breakfast was awful from start to finish. We were not told where things where or that the hot food was in the main bar room. My husband ordered the fish, which we had to remind the waitress some 20 minutes later that we had not received it. She when to get it, returning right away with it, it was cold. I had the full Cornish breakfast. This was the worst cooked breakfast I have ever had. No eggs in tray, bacon so dried up you could not chew it, potatoes cold. Sausage was ok. Bread had run out, just an awful end to our special anniversary day.

We were not given much information when checking in, as regards where things were around the hotel, in and out. Our room was lovely very comfy, being four star one what expect water in the room no biscuits on the tea tray.

• Executive Twin Room

I have to say in these days of internet connectivity, for such a delightful and smart establishment, getting onto the hotel Wi-fi especially on a mobile device is not as easy as it could be.

What a lovely corner of the world, the very well maintained golf course the hotel looks out over just adds to the tranquility of the place. This would be a very nice base from where to explore the surrounding countryside if you are looking for somewhere away from the hustle and bustle of the seaside towns. All the staff were very friendly and helpful, the food was good, and at breakfast it’s possible fuel yourself up to the point where you wouldn’t need to re fuel until dinner! Just wish I had arrived early enough to play the Golf Course. If you are debating which level of room to take if I stayed here again in the summer months I would certainly opt for the slightly dearer rooms as they look out over the course and the countryside beyond.........that said my twin room overlooking the practice putting green was perfect........ I slept like a log.

• Luxury Double Room

Unfortunately there was no air conditioning in the room. Luckily we had a room on 1st floor as we had to sleep with doors to juliet balcony open. If we had a downstairs room we would not have been able to leave doors open.

Nothing, all good

The views were awesome. Room was lovely and clean. The cooked breakfast was enormous. The bar staff at the wedding do we attended were fab.

• Executive Twin Room

Helpful staff, lovely food good value for money. Well placed for Eden Project. Lovely views over the golf course, hope to come back and play the course!

• Executive Twin Room

Miscommunication between some of the staff and tried to be overcharged on two occasions

The staff were very friendly, hotel very clean and food to a good standard

• Executive Twin Room

The picture on Booking.com was of their biggest and best room (only 1 in the whole hotel) and we assumed that was going to be similar to our room. Felt a little deflated. It was still a nice twin.

Food was excellent

• Executive Twin Room

The twin beds in room were not very comfortable and seemed to be leaning to one side.

Lovely smoked haddock, just right poached eggs. Good quality bacon etc and generous amounts.

• Executive Twin Room

The bathroom was not organised for the elderly, with an inconvenient shower, a very low loo, and a shower screen which dripped water over the loo and anything placed on it. There is an absence of hand-holds or places to hang towels.

The food was fine, and the service excellent. The staff made a great effort for the family wedding which we attended. Thank you

• Executive Twin Room

The breakfast offer was more than adequate with a range of hot and cold options. Restaurant is clean with a lovely view and staff welcoming and friendly.

• Luxury Double Room

Pillows are rather uncomfortable.

Hotel was in an ideal location for us. Staff very pleasant and friendly, choice of bar food or bistro. Suggest paying for a luxury double room as these have patio doors and the most wonderful view over looking the golf course and lake.

• Executive Twin Room

Cleanliness could have been inproved in room - hairs on covers and in bath Trouser press could be updates to ironing facilities as they weren’t much help. Luckily I had other non creased options.

Friendly staff despite late check in.

• Executive Twin Room

The toilet seat was broken. The TV on the wall was too small for the bedroom. Lack of complimentary toiletries

The breakfast was very nice, and plenty of choice.

• Luxury Double Room

returning when dark could have had lighting at drive entrance sign and some down long driveway.Also possibly an hotel signage in Bodmin directing one to hotel location. Sat nav took us down the wrong road initially.

location,friendly helpful staff,good room

• Executive Twin Room

Coffee...it would be good if coffee was used. Typical hotel coffee. Toaster...one pass...not toasted. Second pass burnt. It’s the small things that win or lose custom. I wouldn’t spend 129 to stay here using my own money. Premier inns are better value for money!

Room was clean, with good hot shower. Room a bit on the hot side from underfloor heating. Wi fi fantastic

• Executive Twin Room

It appeared I had to set up a Facebook account before I could access free WiFi. Was this just me or is this correct?

Hotel receptionist was extremely helpful and informative

• Luxury Double Room

The food in the restaurant was overcooked and not great value for money. We were disappointed with our evening meal there.

The staff were exceptionally helpful and friendly. The food in the bar was delicious. The bed was comfy and the bathroom was superb. We loved the atmosphere.

• Luxury Double Room

The mattress was far too firm and noise from event very noisy until midnight.woken up both mornings by noise.guests,cleaning staff hoovering in corridor and grass mower cutting grass

Breakfast was very good such a shame member of staff wasn't friendly or cheery who sat us at our table each morning.if you don't like being a waitress don't do the job.(an older lady.)

• Executive Twin Room

The hotels lounge furniture looks a bit tired in places comfy sofas & cushions could do with updating

It's not overstated ,it's comfortable & friendly

• Executive Twin Room

Single beds were narrower than standard single bed. Seem on quilt cover was split. Bathroom door was water damaged and some grouting etc needed repairing

Staff were very friendly and helpful

• Executive Twin Room

I am wheelchair bound, there were 4 of us who found access to the balconies (upper & lower) impossible to get outside without 3 people helping! Did report it to manager. Hopefully they will sort this out asap. My Son was getting married and reception was held there. I was a sports mad person till I broke my back, they had rooms for disabled, lift, but access for disabled was only the front entrance, shame!

The staff were brilliant, rest areas very comfortable!?

• Executive Twin Room

Bit quiet in the restaurant and bar, stayed Friday and Saturday expected there to be more people than staff in the bar. Very nice bar area though

Nice hotel, very quiet and relaxing

• Luxury Double Room

No air conditioning in the rooms, our room was over 30 degrees and to get cool air in we slept with the doors open. Staff were helpful but left you feeling that you were a hinderence to them. That said though, I would return for another stay here.

Great location to wake up to and fantastic local produce sourced for breakfast.

Very happy with everything

The hotel was really friendly, clean and food good and lovely setting within the golf course and we would certainly stay again and useful for picking up relatives from Newquay Airport

• Executive Twin Room

Wanted something off of bar menu but bar staff advised not allowed to have it served in Bistro (although Bistro menu could be served in bar/lounge) with the 3 people that I was dining with (they wanted things off of Bistro menu) however the Bistro staff allowed one of my party to have a starter from the bar menu...........therefore inconsistency of staff advise.

• Luxury Double Room

Dusty room which wasn't even ready on arrival, had to wait two hours to get into room. Overpriced. Only good thing about the hotel was the food. Drinks were £5 each. Expensive stay.

Food was good although overpriced.

• Luxury Double Room

Food was not brilliant on the evening but the breakfast was good. Dining room was looking tired needs a bit of tidy up.

The room was comfortable, it was the great view that made it special and a very good bathroom. Bed comfortable. Overall we had a good stay and will go back

• Executive Twin Room

Dirty plates at breakfast, breakfast cereals exposed in bowls, poor quality bacon and very poor quality food hygiene.

Dinner in the bar was excellent.

• Executive Twin Room

breakfast selection could have been a bit better in the continental side.

Very nice hotel in the middle of countryside and if you like gold a bonus as has a massive gold course.

• Executive Twin Room

We were pleased with our choice overall. However the food was good but a rosette award restaurant as well for that special occasion would have been the icing on the cake.

Beautiful setting.Easy parking.The view from our room was over the Golf Course.

• Luxury Double Room

The customer service was poor, bar staff were slow at collecting plates after eating. The breakfast was confusing, I had to ask for a cup, and where to get the food. The selection was small. I asked for more bread for toast and instead of re filling the tray I was given three slices.

Our room had an outdoor seating area. It was clean and comfortable.

• Luxury Suite

Nothing. We have had a very relaxing holiday.

The staff were exceptional. All were very friendly. I was following a special food optimising diet and chef and staff made sure I had meals that fitted in with requirements.

• Executive Twin Room

Fresh cooked choice of kippers and poached egg breakfast . We don't like buffet style breakfasts so we always choose fresh cooked options if available.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

• Executive Twin Room

This is a superb golf course. We arrived in the late afternoon. Checked in quickly and had a great sleep. The next morning, after we finished the excellent breakfast, we borrowed clubs and bought a basket of golf balls, then hit the driving range directly. Remember to bring your clubs next time, as the golf course was very well maintained. And you can get a great view in the restaurant.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

• Luxury Double Room

Lot of noise in bar when staff were cleaning and clearing up. I feel there was no consideration for the guests remaining in the bar. Took our unfinished bottle of wine to room for some peace. A little background music would have been nice.

The food was good quality. Staff very helpful but noisy.

• Luxury Double Room

you could hear doors slamming during Saturday evening. I think from other less considerate guests. Once everyone went to bed it was fine.

View amazing. Room comfy.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

• Executive Twin Room

Room abit cold in the morning maybe due to electric heaters.

Room was spacious and the views of the golf course amazing. Staff very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

• Executive Twin Room

We paid around £90 for the room for one night. No type of Breakfast was included with the room.. which I understand some places charge extra, but with so many places having it included already I was a bit disappointed. And the price I couldn't really justify paying extra for it. Can't remember the exact amount but it was around £15pp, which I thought was a bit steep, especially as I have specific dietry requirements I thought there's no point. However, they did say you could decide in the morning what you wanted, from just toast to a full english, and they charge accordingly. In the bar I asked whether their vegetarian burger contained any dairy if you exclude the sauce. She checked the allergen guide and asked other staff if it was up to date, basically told me that it definately does. She listed all the things without dairy and eggs (mainly seafood dishes). But to be fair on their part I never then mentioned I follow a vegan diet and the only thing I could realistically eat was the chips (from both menus). So we went elsewhere for dinner. The staff was friendly enough but I just got a feeling the general area (in the town also) wasn't very vegan friendly (a bit behind the times..) so didn't feel like asking the chef to try come up with something.

The grounds are nice, quiet, friendly staff. Bed was a good size, Tv had a good number of working channels on, everything was clean, couldn't hear people in other rooms either. There was a trouser press, kettle and room service menu availiable, but what I thought was odd, was that it was different to the bar menu. Lots of parking outside too.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

• Executive Twin Room

The beds were extremely uncomfortable but after complaining they assisted by putting a duvet under our bed. To be honest for the same price or more as the premier inn unless staying here for golf I would say the premier inn is better.

The staff were lovely and couldn't do enough!

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

Better Sat-Nav direction.

Room and bathroom were excellent and clean. You had only to open the doors to step out and watch the golfers. The breakfast was exceptional.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

• Executive Twin Room

No room service. Early check out at 10.30 and no facility to check in early despite this early check out time

Good changing room for us to get ready before the event. We were unable to check in early to get ready for a wedding in our room.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

• Luxury Double Room

Stayed here 4/5 years ago, and enjoyed it, so we decided to return. Food was good and staff were very capable.....then! However, this time, breakfast service was painfully slow, several attempts were made to order a coffee amongst other things. We ate in the bistro on the first evening. Disappointing . On our last evening we returned late and ordered a pate to share. This was returned as it tasted 'strange'. No apology was forthcoming and it was very unprofessionally dealt with. Whilst the hotels position is lovely, immature and inadequately trained staff (although not all) let it down.

Opening our rooms French Windows onto patio which is directly onto the golf course......lovely view

• Reviewed: 20 August 2016

• Executive Twin Room

Booked lunch for 1.45pm but didn't get to sit down until 2.30pm.

Meals were excellent value, very quiet location which we enjoyed after travelling around Europe for two months.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2016

Got our dinner order wrong. Asked for light bite version of scallops but billed us for main meal portion & initially expected us to pay more than double of original order. Sorted out eventually. Staff taking order need to double check customers request.

Breakfast was lovely, room was good quality, hygeine good. Desk staff helpful.

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

• Executive Twin Room

Booked executive twin with view. Downstairs room was noisey. Bed not very comfortable. View was of a bush. Iron plate needed cleaning. Bathroom toiletries basic. Had to request tea bags not complimentary biscuits.

Restaurant evening meal very good. Easy to find and parking easy.

• Reviewed: 11 July 2016

• Luxury Double Room

I do not know whether you have discussed the defects encountered by ourselves in room 37. For guidance, at the minimum you should identify 5, at 10 you will be making progress. Finally we did not think it necessary for the room cleaner to leave their cleaning product on the glass shelf in the bathroom on day 1.

• Reviewed: 7 July 2016

• Luxury Double Room

This was a lovely place with fantastic country views, set in a quiet rural location. The hotel is easy to find, very nicely decorated and maintained, with a high standard of cleanliness . The staff are friendly and helpful and the breakfast selection choice extensive.

• Reviewed: 6 July 2016

• Luxury Double Room

the room and the dinning room were not very clean ,and on the two nights we stayed there on the Friday and Saturday , you couldn't get much of a lie in past 08 - 00 because they start mowing the greens and fairways

The location of this hotel is excellent , the views are stunning and the rooms are a good size and I would recommend family , friends and definitely make a return visit

• Reviewed: 26 June 2016

• Luxury Double Room

No spa facilities. Breakfast restaurant modest with limited selection.

Value for money. Hotel location. Modern, clean & spacious. Room. bed, bathroom, Restaurant location overlooking golf course Parking right outside entrance. Relaxed ambience. Bar with real ale selection.

• Luxury Double Room

Tea tray could've had hot chocolate and biscuits; but I'm nitpicking!

Extremely comfy bed and bedding, lovely quiet setting.

No dislikes location atmosphere

Atmosphere staff courteous and helpful lovely views across the golf course

• Executive Twin Room

Lovely hotel and lovely people. Will return soon

I enjoyed my kippers & scrambled egg for breakfastGiood location

• Luxury Double Room

Lovely place, amazing atmosphere, great food!!

All great!!!

• Luxury Double Room

Lovely views from bedroom and the bar. Good choice at breakfast.

• Executive Twin Room

Gluten Free Menu. Happy and helpful staff.

• Executive Twin Room

Helpful staff and nice breakfast

• Luxury Double Room

Smelly carpet in the restaurant.

Amazing views. Friendly staff. Spacious rooms. Rooms with bath tub have a bottle of complimetary bath salts. Yaay!

• Luxury Double Room

Great breakfast, nice staff and excellent food.

all ok

all fine

Nothing at all

Very peaceful and lovely location and views

Good

• Executive Twin Room

Limited options on tv in room

Cleanliness and quality of furnishings. Staff friendly. Food lovely

• Executive Twin Room

Excellent place to stay, highly recommended

• Executive Twin Room

Lovely relaxed hotel set in a beautiful golf course setting

N/a

Under floor bathroom heating superb

• Executive Twin Room

Staff helpfulness and friendliness. Cleanliness. Food. Golf course.

• Executive Twin Room

Not a golfist so it's not really my sort of place.

Stunning location and we'll stocked bar

• Executive Twin Room

Very good gym, friendly staff and a very comfortable stay!

• Luxury Double Room

The mattress in our room was a bit to firm for me.

The customer service was excellent we really felt welcome. The food was great.

SEVERAL MISTAKES MADE BUT KINDLY ADMITTED & APROPRIATLEY REFUNDED

OK BUT MADE MISTAKES

• Luxury Double Room

They had no record of payment from Booking.com initially wich caused a scene at checkout till they found it

• Executive Twin Room

A very pleasant stay. We will go back again.

• Luxury Double Room

Every was lovely.We are travelling around on business.Best place we stayed.All staff helpful.Would go back.

• Luxury Double Room

The facilities are excellent. Relaxed environment and friendly staff.