Reviews of Le Meridien Piccadilly 5 stars

21 Piccadilly, Westminster Borough, London, W1J 0BH, United Kingdom

#641 of 977 hotels in London

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The rooms were very dated so I thought it was a bit expensive really for what you got, so really you are just paying for the excellent location.

We kindly got a room upgrade as we originally had one of the old rooms, with a constantly running loo!

• Deluxe Double Room or Twin Room

Extremely, unprofessional and unfriendly staff. They broke our private things during daily cleaning without telling us. Staff at breakfast was very unorganized and unfriendly, like people at the reception. Not a SPG standard

Location is well positioned and thats about it

• Classic Double or Twin Room

We didn't have a view, but this was not an issue as we were only there for one night.

We requested to check in sooner, due to the fact we were only staying for one night for my wife's bday weekend and we were able to check in by 12pm which was fantastic. They also left some prosecco and desserts as a treat, which was a lovely surprise. The bed was also bigger than anticipated which was fabulous.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

£100 was held on my account to cover extras and it was confirmed that this amount would be credited back to my account but it has been debited! I am extremely angry. Appalling service and does not reflect well on staff or the hotel.

Size of bathroom - old soap left in shower rack from previous guest - heat of room and no option to open windows

Location - friendliness of concierge and front lobby staff

• Classic Double or Twin Room

All the staff were very nice in dealing except the security man, his responses to my questions were very negative. He gave me the feeling that I was in the wrong place and that I was not in a hotel

I love the place because it is historic, has excellent furniture and a location very close to Piccadilly

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Niggles were the lack of a moveable or conveniently placed mirror to use while drying hair. Very little drawer space, and only 1 chair - although 2 would have been a challenge given the room size. Typical room equipped for business overnight stays.

The location was excellent, the room was clean and adequate.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

could not get breakfast at 10:35 am while i was late because of the fire drill and impossibility to find the stairs from 3rd floor down to breakfast room. Staff told me too late , we are open until 10:30. I protested to no avail. Also was not able to connect to free WiFi with name and room number, did not work. Disappointing for a life SPG Platinum!

fantastic location

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The doors to the other rooms on the floor closed noisily, and this was disturbing at times. Restaurant staff service was slow.

The room was a nice size, it was clean and the bed was comfortable. I had breakfast only once and it met my expectations.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Poor Service in the bar, ine barman, and if a table adks for cocktails, you wsit 20mins yo 30mins for a glass of wine which wasn’t good

Location and friendly staff

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Rooms are not very big, but for an overnight stay are sufficient No outside view from room, except internal courtyard

Efficient check-in/check-out Pleasant bar area

• Deluxe Family Room

Rooms are a little worn, some noise in the corridors at night. It would be nice to be able to open the windows for fresh air.

AAA+++ location, nice friendly staff. Tastefull breakfast with lots of choice in a splendid location. Cocktailbar has good atmosphere and pro cocktails. Hawksmoor around the corner!

• Deluxe Family Room

Very dated rooms considering our room had just being renovated. Mini bar was already indulged by someone on arrival and wasn't replenished.

Bed and Location perfect!

• Deluxe Double Room or Twin Room

We were put in a disabled room which wasn’t happy about and swimming pool was freezing could only stay in it for five mins

Location and bed was very comfortable

• Deluxe Family Room

Water in the swimming pool caused my son and myself massive irration in our eyes for a couple of days. We were told afterwards there was a chemical imbalance in the water. Breakfast in the restaurant was a scramble for food that was only very average along with the staff ..

Fabulous location. Very large comfortable room, clean throughout.

• Deluxe Double Room or Twin Room

-Tweaking sound from floors. - not perfect rooms ie one is big but has no view while the other has view but is a small room. - The wood finish was looking like durt and deterioration signs so obvious. -Price was too high for that Junk. -The Phone charger blew up in my face the minute I plugged it in then they bought me a new charger, but imagin of if it hapened during my sleep. And for the record my charger was original and the fault was from the socket. -I could hear pepole in next room laud and clear like they were sitting with me in the same room.

Location only

• Deluxe Double Room or Twin Room

The check in was very slow , only 2 staff on lots of guests waiting. Breakfast service of tea and coffee was painfully slow - would recommend you stick to self serve buffet for food as 2 fried eggs and an omelette took an age to arrive and then only after asking for it twice.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was expensive and poor ordered eggs which I never recieved and you were expected to eat off side plates, it also took 20 minute to be offered some tea and coffee. the gym was not well equipped

Lovely rooms and great location

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Hotel is really good place You can go by walk everywhere! restaurant, pool, bar, reception are nice but....room are little bit old. The biggest problem is that in the room you hear every single noise,from the corridor, from room up of your.. It was really annoying, I wake up 3-4 time every night because of that...and it's not just about our room because our friends which was with us on the others level they said exactly the same

Restaurant, reception pool

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Everything after we had checked in - as it was my 50th bday celebration we were offered a bottle of prosecco- despite reassurances this didn’t surface- false hope!! Disgusting don’t offer if your not going to deliver

• Club Room

FOOD MEDIOCRE - AFTERNOON TEA SANDWICHES WERE DRY. BUFFET BREAKFAST ONLY PROVIDED SCRAMBLED EGG - NO FRIED AND IT WAS ALL BARELY WARM. CLUB LOUNGE MAINLY TABLES AND CHAIRS FOR EATING - NOT ENOUGH SOFAS AND CHAIRS TO RELAX. NO SPIRITS OR CHAMPAGNE AS IN OTHER HOTEL'S CLUB LOUNGES AND FOOD HAD TO BE ORDERED, RATHER THAN A BUFFET. BISCUITS ON OFFER WITH COFFEE WERE STALE. BATHROOM ILL THOUGHT-OUT - DOOR STOP IN THE WAY OF TOILET, TOILET HAD NO WATER PRESSURE SO DIDN'T FLUSH PROPERLY. LIGHTING IN ROOM POOR - NO OVERHEAD LIGHT AND LAMPS VERY LOW VOLTAGE, SO UNABLE TO ATTEND TO MAKE-UP OR HAIR PROPERLY. DIFFICULT TO GET A TAXI OUTSIDE FRONT DOOR UNLESS HAILED BY CONCIERGE.

LOCATION

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The room and the communication from the staff. Instead of just sitting you down and expecting you to find your way around at breakfast it would of been nice to have a quick explanation.

The location is very good.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Cooked breakfast was lukewarm and first cup of coffee was cold. Hardly slept all night due to noisy aircon ducting outside window we both ended up with headaches. Booked so we could use the pool and spa but when we got there it had been closed for the coming month for cleaning pity they didn’t notify a lot sooner as it had to of been planned.

Bed comfy and location

• Classic Double or Twin Room

We waited until 17:00 to check in our room!! The breakfast was very basic. You had to pay extra if you wanted fried eggs! The swimming pool was closed and we were not informed.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The room was cold despite playing with the air con. The bar closed at 11pm :( The room access cards were temperamental in the lifts

The hotel was a 1 minute walk from Piccadilly circus tube, we arrived early hoping to dump our bags and our room was ready, we were upgraded for free and our room was huge, the bed was ginormous and incredibly comfortable as were the pillows and duvet. An added bonus was 2 free bottles of water and a bowl of fruit in the room, a nice touch. The staff were all very helpful. The buffet was great. We just loved this hotel.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Very little except for two small things: 1. I noticed that the bottom shelf on my bedside locker was quite dusty. I didn't go checking elsewhere for cleanliness but this didn't quite fit with 5 Stars! 2. No plug socket where the kettle was located - a bit strange!

1. Wonderful location 2. Nice room - upgrade on early arrival (1pm) to a superior room that was ready for occupation. 3. Price for 3 nights was good. 4. Friendly and helpful staff.

The rooms and bathroom are due for renovation The breakfast at the club (for which we paid extra) was extremely poor, unorganized, not neat, things were all the time missing.

The location is excellent because you can walk to many attractions, restaurants and shops.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The need to complain about dirty worn carpet in our room. The very old lumpy pillows and leaking sink in the bathroom. New and larger towels are urgently needed Most floors have not been renovated After waiting for two hours a room we had been offered had still not been cleaned Wait until the entire property has been renovated

The attempt by the staff to address my complaints

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The bathroom was very cramped and the layout awkward. The painted bath was peeling, the basin plug did not work nor did the towel rail.

The room itself was nice albeit facing onto an outside wall. Comfortable bed and adequate hanging and storage space.

• Deluxe Double Room or Twin Room

I have stayed in this hotel before. The room I was given this time was in no way comparable to the one I had been given last time. You expect that rooms will be of similar comfort and standard. The room this time had an old bath, a bathroom door that looked like it had been mauled by rats and a massive stain on the room carpet. Actually there was more stain than carpet. Also there was a thick layer of dust on the bedside tables. It just looked old, unclean and abit disgusting. Thus the standard was sub par.

Great wifi coverage

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Put us in a room that overlooked the inside of the hotel bar and restaurant. That would of been fine if they had not of had a wedding on. It was like trying to sleep with your bed in the middle of a night club dance floor. Complained and they offered to move us, at 12 30am! If they knew a wedding was on why didn’t they put us in a different room in the first place!

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The service at breakfast was abysmal - 30 minutes to get a cup of tea, there were plenty of staff but too busy slowly cleaning tables - the trays were not refilled promptly enough either - 3 mornings no beans, no sliced bread, no mushrooms - The rooms and room cleaning service are appalling - Will not be back.

Check in & check out was hassle free and the location is perfect.

• Club Room

The room key continually failed to work. We had to go to reception several times. Check in was late. We were there at 3pm but the room wasn’t ready - we went out shopping and the hotel told us they would call me when the room was ready but they didn’t do it.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Could not get a coffee to go with liqueur in the bar at 10:00 pm. Breakfast was so expensive that I am not inclined to use hotel again. £28 is just greedy.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The air con hardly worked (couldn't open windows much) so the room was quite warm

Location was great. Rooms was very comfortable and bed was super comfortable 👌🏼

• Classic Double or Twin Room

nothing was up to expectation of a five star room. the furniture was old and chipped, toilet didnt flush, noisy room without double insulation therefore freezing. hygiene was not good there were hairs in the bathroom from.previous guest. the room was not ready until 7pm which is terrible and one of the security employees at the door was so rude he should work at a club door not a hotel.

nothing was as expected. i came there to relax but wanted to stay out as much as possible to avoid my ugly room. i noticed the security was high

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The neighbours’ door banged in the morning and woke me up. The hotel was generally pretty noisy in the morning and I could often hear things outside.

The room was comfortable and roomy. The food was freshly prepared and delicious.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The room has a bad smell...it did not feel fresh although it was clean? Not great to be honest given the price etc... The restaurant presented a dinner that had no love or attention to what we ordered. Shame....

great staff, amazing location!

• Club Room

The air conditioning was so bad blowing in my face all night long. I got sick the last day. The bathroom had mold.

Location was good. The front door man was amazing, very acomodating! Very nice man.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The first room we had was small and in dire need of some TLC. Reception Staff upgraded us to a better room but even this room was tired in places.

Staff on Reception were very helpful and very pleasant. Bed was comfortable.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Bathroom was not five star. Very poor, size and quality. Breakfast was not good at all. I will not have it at the hotel again but would go out for better value.

Perfect location.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

I have already expressed my dissatisfaction in the previous question. My entire stay was unpleasant and unsatisfactory and could therefore not respond positively to : "What did you like"? When making my complaint to the male front desk person his colleagues looked at me in disgust.

The bed was extremely uncomfortable. The TV is fitted on a wall at right angles to the headboard and totally impossible to view. The room I stayed in was more of a dungeon on the "top floor". Complaints to the front desk were only heeded on our departure. No effort to "accommodate" us was made after the first night. I invited the gentleman from the front desk after the first night to conduct an inspect in loco of the room to confirm the unsuitability. I am a frequent visitor to London. I have always stayed at The Westbury on Conduit Street and ventured a change. I will NEVER stay at Le Meridien again and will NEVER recommend it.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The room was a bit tired and the bathroom a bit shabby, the pool area was cramped and the steam room out of service. Not a five star property

Very comfy bed, fantastic central location, nice gym

• Deluxe Family Room

Not friendly staff. The hotel is 5 star however, the gym smelled, the paint was peeling, aesthetics's not 5 star, service not good. Breakfast not good. I wouldn't recommend it he Hotel

Some of the staff at the concierge desk were helpful

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The staff at the front door were more interested in chatting to each other than assisting people arriving.

The room was excellent and generally the staff were excellent

nothing :)

I was upgraded to a suite which was very nice since I was really tired after missing my connection at Heathrow and had no luggage and just wanted to get a good night's rest!

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The air-conditioning during my stay was centrally controlled and unable to adjust warm air, I therefore shut it down when sleeping. The room overlooking the coffee shop, drapes must be closed all day to keep privacy.

I like the people who choose to stay here, more up-market travelers. The location of the hotel to where I go to, Burlington Arcade and Regent street. The airy coffee shop for breakfast, with the balcony available for smokers.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Initially tried to put me in a crappy room, but when I complained they moved me to a different one. To be fair I showed up really early from an overseas flight and think they gave me that room because nothing else was available.

Good central location, right next to Piccadilly tube and plenty of restaurants, St. James work related stuff.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The service at breakfast was slow , the food was good but not a lot of hot food choice . No staff to see to the table and had to ask for coffee , cutlery etc

The room was beautiful and concierge stAff really helpful

• Classic Double or Twin Room

the room was not up to the level , staff wasn't that friendly

the location is amazing near Piccadilly circus and regent streets and a walking distance from oxford street. the location is the best thing in this hotel

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Strange that breakfast was not very well organised. Seemed like they had too few staff on duty. Waited ages for a coffee and for replacement food at buffet.

Location was great. Room was very comfortable.

Bathroom was a little small and basic - but fine for our 1 night stay

Bed was comfortable and the pillows good - black out in the room good and away from the noise as was situated at the back of the building

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The room was dated, furniture looked like a second hand shop Parking was a nightmare, advice from the reseption on the phone was at at a porter would take my bags at the door and show me where to park, it was impossible to park outside without getting a ticket

The breakfast orangey and quality of food was outstanding The Bedding is excellent quality and very comfortable

But everything else disappointing. Truth is this is a hotel living off its name rather than what it offers. Toilet seat broken, room (Junior Suite) with minute windows and so dark and dingy, AC options are one jet engine, two jet engines or no jet engines, and ineffective anyway. Had to ask three times to get linen for sofa bed. First time no response, second time pillows and blanket but no sheets or pillow case, etc.

Bed was magnificent ;-)

• Club Room

Breakfast selection at the lounge could be better. Gin, Rum Whisky or other types of liquor would have been welcomed in the lounge.

Very Friendly Staff. And very good service. Lounge could do with different types of liquors and not just beers and wines.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

its not the hotel i used to stay a couple of years ago. was waiting 20 minutes for check in, couldnt find my booking ,some staff very unprofessional,wifi not working well, never stay there again.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Adored the hotel. The staff were so lovely and helpful and went the extra mile to make sure we had a lovely stay. I haven't experience service like this before. It was amazing.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

I did not like the bathrooms, the facility in general is very old and need major renovation. The carpets in corridors are very old and dirty.

I liked the location and the friendly staff

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Location wise this property is very nice!its on the piccadilly circus hence most of the restaurants and shops are at walking distance! Even trafalgar square is close by!there are some great indian restaurants closeby as well! I love the place!

No complaints at all

Staff very friendly and courteous, bed comfy, pool and showering/ changing facilities excellent. Breakfast selection wide with good choices, and breakfast room bright and cheerful.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Air con leaked over my wife's hand bag. Causing permanent staining. Bath filled on Saturday early evening. The water would not discharge. Therefore still in the bath Sunday morning. No time to call staff as we were due out early. Not acceptable for any standard of hotel. Please reply with you views. Regards Michael

Location. Reception. Bar area.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

not happy about spa and gym staff though although they are a separate company to the Le Meridien they are in the same property. My daughter used the gym - she is 16 very capable and usual user of gym facilities was made to feel very unwelcome by staff - so much had we to stay longer she would not have used the gym again!

Beds were very comfortable - hotel staff were excellent -

Need more regular English sockets, especially by the bed. Seemed to have a lot of 3 socket plugs used for lamps only

Swimming pool and spa! Perfect location for theatres and restaurants and shopping

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The altitude of your reception staff .

Staff at the repection a lady was very aggressive, non coperative . Indians are very pleasantly discriminated and we felt the same even in Paris , I guess that's the over all culture at Le meridian. Would never visit any of your properties world wide.

The room was a little tired (carpet and sofa sad-looking) and it wasn't available until about 4pm.

The facilities and situation are perfect. Staff very helpful.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The hotel completely ignored our special request for a twin room despite the fact that we had requested that they let us know if they couldn't provide it. We had to wait several hours on arrival for a room that matched our requirements. No apologies. Just said they had no record of the request which still shows on the Booking.com website. Plumbing very old fashioned and tiles severely cracked in bathroom.

The bedroom was a reasonable size and had good facilities.

• Deluxe Double Room or Twin Room

Our room was quite dark and gloomy, even with all the lights on. There were no slippers in the room, we had to phone for them. The fridge wouldn't open, and even after someone came and got it open it didn't work, therefore we had no cold drinks in the room.

Staff were very helpful.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Upon walking into the establishment I was immediately greeted by a warm welcome from the friendly and inviting staff who were always helpful, courteous, and displayed a great amount of respect for all guests. The location couldn't be any better, being both at the centre of London and right at the shopping and food districts. Each room was well equipped for maximum comfort, and the breakfast selection was nothing short of food fit for a queen.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The window was not facing the street but the interior restaurant; the room was noisy as lokated right in front of the elevator

The bed was very comfortable; airconditioner worked very well

• Club Room

The bathroom was small and outdated. Needs a renovation.

The location was great and very central. The room was spacious. Club access was a smart decision on our behalf.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

• Classic Double or Twin Room

We were upgraded to a newly decorated room. The bathroom was cheap, plan and cold looking/feeling. Chipped mirror, magnifying glass hanging off. Chipped shower tray. No curtain. Paint on the glass of the window. Not impressed. Bathroom was a complete let down for the room.

Location - porter very friendly - pool was great. Bed comfy.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

• Classic Double or Twin Room

the rest all very bad... i was on business trip after 7.5 hrs over night flight and 1.5 hr of traveling from airport to hotel... I arrived much early check in time... the lady called Audrey, at checkin counter received me, she actually agreed to check me in earlier than usual...when i booked the room specifcely i mentioned i want room with outside light...i was on business trip, was spending few hrs a day in the room to finish my writeups before my meetings... i went to the room it was a room with half windows, dark and ofcourse i dont see anything from the street only the buildings the opposite side...i tried to put all lights on maybe 11am but felt like its 9pm... anyways i asked them to change my room... they said its last room available and i need to wait the guests checkout after 12 they will check for me availbility...the room was not last room and felt no one used it before, smelled old and carpet smelled very bad.... i went and sat in lobby which is very unusual for a 5 star hotel not to have a proper sitting area for guests to relax or wait... i actually asked if there is somewhere where i can sit and order coffee and prepare for 3pm meeting while waiting for the room? they said there is in 2nd floor but you have to be in club rooms to be able to use it... so had no wifi access, exhausted, my roaming was not working ..so my first impression about hotel and staff unfriendly not helpfull, i just didnt want stay there, i went to Audry, told her don't want to stay here, she said sorry its nonrefundable, all of sudden two or 3 people at same time started looking for alternative room, so there was available room while they are making me wait.. they showed me couple of other rooms abit better but not as expected from a 5star hotel .....called my friend in london, she said traffic is really bad stay where you are try to rest before your meeting and see the other room they give you and manage tonight and call booking.com if they are not assisting you...

apart from location for me as my meetings were arranged in the area and great shops and cafes around the area

• Classic Double or Twin Room

My room was facing courtyard so I could not open the window to refresh it.

Location in the city centre is perfect. The size of the normal room is just perfect for one person for overnight stay. Staff is nice and helpful. Good breakfast. Well kept facility. Clean and cozy.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Advertised as parking and there is no parking, advertised as having a jacuzzi and no jacuzzi. Whilst having a very expensive massage was told the music was not working. Very disappointed

The bed was comfy and location very good

• Deluxe Double Room or Twin Room

Check-in was terrible- we were early it took half hour to check in, rooms were not ready(understandable) but when we came back it took just as long. The room was cold no heat so a heater with one coaster missing was provided. Bathtub is not user friendly for seniors. We were on the 3rd floor and had to go down a flight of stairs and the railing on the left was not useable. Breakfast was not included with the room-other hotels we stayed breakfast. the carpet was thin and the floor creaked with every step!!

The location was good. They helped to provide transportation to airport.

Browse Le Meridien Piccadilly traveller photo gallery