Reviews of Le Friquet Hotel This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Rue Du Friquet, Castel, GY5 7ST, United Kingdom

#1 of 4 hotels in Castel

• Reviewed: July 9, 2018

Lovely, friendly hotel that met all our expectations.

Nothing springs to mind.

Beautifully cared for hotel that provided a warm welcome as soon as you entered the grounds. Excellent restaurant that served a substantial cooked breakfast and then fine dining for the evening meal. Fish and lobster were a speciality. Staff were very friendly and helpful from the receptionists through to the waiters and the lovely ladies cleaning the rooms.

• Reviewed: July 8, 2018

My second stay at Le Friquet and didn't disappoint. I.would happily book to stay again.

Access to light room service food beyond 9.30pm.would be helpful.

Extremely polite and helpful staff. Very pleasant and quiet location and relaxing stay.

• Reviewed: July 7, 2018

A very welcoming hotel with lovely staff

My room was obviously above a ‘smokers area’ which I didn’t really appreciate the fumes making their way into my room.

A very welcoming hotel with lovely staff

• Reviewed: July 6, 2018

Excellent hotel who paid great attention to customer service and detail
    • Family Room

Would have thought hotel should have been a 4/5 star rather than a 3 Excellent all round. Restaurant food and presentation and staff particularly excellent and would highly recommend Thoroughly enjoyable visit to Guernsey. Thank you

• Reviewed: July 3, 2018

Great hotel, great staff, great central location making for short journeys to any part of Guernsey

Add-on costs for daily newspapers were somewhat excessive !

Very friendly staff - aways happy to chat - nothing was too much trouble. In particular, the barman Sheev, was very personable and bright (despite some irregular management issue) - and most happy to talk about F1 in particular and cars in general. Sofia, the receptionist, was most helpful, also waitress, Maria.

• Reviewed: June 25, 2018

Very relaxed and friendly with ample green space and trees.

Very relaxed and friendly with ample green space and trees. Lovely bar and restaurant. All the staff were very welcoming, friendly, helpful and polite.

• Reviewed: June 22, 2018

Great stay !

Not having bottled water in the room

Great hotel in lovely surroundings. The food was a delight and the service superb. I would definitely stay here again.

• Reviewed: June 13, 2018

Lovely hotel with a country house feel.

Lovely hotel with a country house feel...beautiful gardens which are obviously well looked after! Not far from town but also good bus service if not keen on walking! Will definitely book again as travel to Guernsey regularly.

• Reviewed: June 7, 2018

Tranquil

Service at times was rather slow & on several occasions I had to ask more than once for certain items; butter, sugar, milk which should all have been on the table to begin with at breakfast.

A very comfortable & cosy Hotel with excellent standard of food.

• Reviewed: June 7, 2018

Very good would definitely stay again.
    • Double Room with Garden View

Disappointed not a pleasant walk as surrounded by busy roads.Food excellent except the cold sauté potatoes at breakfast.Very

Very pretty garden lovely to sit also nice bright spacious lounge.Enjoyed the warm swimming pool main reason l booked hotel.Dis

• Reviewed: June 1, 2018

Wonderful stay in a comfortable, friendly hotel, in a good location.

Beautiful grounds, very friendly and accommodating staff. Breakfast team were hardworking, and gave great service. Breakfast was excellent quantity and plentiful. Bedrooms comfortable, with individual hearing/air con units that worked very well. Great value for money, had a terrific stay! Plentiful free parking.

• Reviewed: May 29, 2018

Staff extremely friendly and welcoming and a high quality restaurant. An enjoyable good value stay.

Bedroom and bathroom in the eaves with a less than outstanding view downwards; mind your head - but very clean and comfortable.

Good choice at breakfast: especially the fruit salad. Found the restaurant had enough choice and quality to last me the whole week without wanting to go elsewhere. Although the hotel is central to the island, the choice of 4 bus routes made it easy to travel to St Peter's Port and the north coast for £1 in either direction.

• Reviewed: May 20, 2018

Enjoyable.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

A very minor gripe - the signs indicating the car park entrance were difficult to spot until you had almost passed them.

Excellent food, comfortable beds

• Reviewed: May 18, 2018

Short spring break

A few miles from St Peter Port in a quiet area. Eeasy to reach by bus , parking available and a nice terrace overlooking the garden ideal for a opre dinner drink. Nice pool area with loungers. Enjoyed my dinners in the hotel, good quality at very reasonable prices. The restaurant and reception staff were always courteous, friendly and ready to help. Would definitely stay again! !

• Reviewed: May 17, 2018

Excellent I'd definitely book here again
    • Double or Twin Room

Our room was right by the stairs and you could hear everyone walking past the room and talking during the night.

Beautiful hotel with easy transport links and friendly staff

• Reviewed: May 15, 2018

My brother johnni his lovely wife Gail & Laura said the hotel was lovely & breakfast was great too
    • Family Room

Sadly the receptionists was quite rude ....when I asked her kindly to put some glasses in the room & we would bring a bottle of champagne to the hotel & ice bucket in the room as we wanted to make my brother & his family welcome....I hadn't seen my brother for 10 years........ I also booked this hotel as we live near by & have been to this hotel lots of times .... so for that reason I was very disappointed in her mannerism very unpleasant on the phone she said to me that I had already spoken to her about it .... but the reason I phoned back was because I forgot to say we needed 3 glasses making me feel very awkward......but my brother said he had a lovely time at the hotel hence the score but I'm not sure if I would book again because of this reason sadly very unpleasant feeling

Yes it was lovely my brother said that they enjoyed they stay very much

• Reviewed: May 9, 2018

The gardener was making a lot of noise in the garden in the...

The gardener was making a lot of noise in the garden in the afternoon and the evening when I was trying to relax by the pool which totally marred an otherwise good stay

• Reviewed: April 29, 2018

Everyone in our family said that it was a great hotel.

The steps in the room between the bed area and the bathroom are a hazard at night. The stairs to the first floor are also difficult to manage for the elderly. It would have been useful to have a lift.

The beds were very comfortable indeed. The location was perfect as all parts of the island are within a short driving distance. The staff are absolutely wonderful and nothing was too much trouble. The food was wonderful too.

• Reviewed: April 24, 2018

Fairly ok
    • Double or Twin Room

My mother with health issues was not allowed to stay longer than check in time

Fridge wasn't present in room. My mother with health issues could have done with fridge and ground floor room as a gesture of courtesy but they didn't.

• Reviewed: April 9, 2018

Beautiful view and nice atmosphere

Small bathroom with tiny shower, could hardly squeeze in. Uncomfortable to wash hair in such a small space. For a bigger person would be impossible.

Overall very good

• Reviewed: March 29, 2018

Excellent value for money, could not find anywhere better.

The stand out was the quality of the staff who make you feel special, like you are the only person in the hotel. The physical attributes of Le Friquet, especially the food, are excellent but the staff take your stay to an even higher level. Would not stay anywhere else.

• Reviewed: March 20, 2018

I loved this hotel and will definitely stay again. I highly recommend this for singles and couples.

The only down side was the location. Its a bit out from town. Although there are busses and this is no bad reflection on the hotel.

Very comfy beds and pillows. Staff extra friendly. Nice quiet hotel. Clean hotel, great food. It was too early in the season to comment on the swimming pool unfortunately. I will definitely be recommending this hotel to all I know.

• Reviewed: March 18, 2018

Lovely meal and very convenient for us as just around the...

Rooms were dated, bathroom had been patched up. Room 19 was noisy due to stairs and music from the restaurant underneath. Sadly we got a twin rather than a double which we booked but the hotel offered a small discount for the misunderstanding.

Lovely meal and very convenient for us as just around the corner from home but needed to have a night away from the kids!

• Reviewed: February 24, 2018

I enjoyed my stay as it was close to people I was visiting , good car parking, and very friendly

I was in room 25 right In the roof. It was very windy whilst there and it sounded like all night the wind was whistling through the rafters

The service and staff were xcellent. Good choice of breakfast too

• Reviewed: February 20, 2018

Friendly relaxing environment excellent carvery and...

Sadly both the lobster and king prawns were not fresh

Friendly relaxing environment excellent carvery and professional staff. Perfect for a family gathering

• Reviewed: February 12, 2018

A lovely weekend
    • Superior King Room

Overall the hotel was great in all departments the only small snag was the exit on to the road but luckily the residents were very polite drivers and gave way to us quite regularly.

• Reviewed: January 23, 2018

Staff friendly & helpful, room great & food excellent. 2nd stay & will definately return again.
    • Suite with Garden View

The room was huge, comfortable with garden view and small conservatory. The staff in the hotel and the restaurant were extremely helpful and friendly. The food, both breakfast and in the restaurant were excellent.

• Reviewed: January 22, 2018

I have travelled to Guernsey over 200 times and this was my...

I have travelled to Guernsey over 200 times and this was my first stay at this hotel. The staff were very polite, professional and efficient. All contact by them to me was genuinely interested in my well being and of any other need I may have wanted, eg “would you like a reservation for the restaurant tonight Sir, it is Saturday and we generally get booked up in the evening”. I actually declined at first, however my plans changed later. I enquired to see if there was a possibility of eating dinner there that evening and a table was available after 30-40 minutes of which I was informed of. Food was excellent, I would highly recommend this to anyone interested in either staying or just looking for a different venue to eat

• Reviewed: December 16, 2017

Good location, friendly staff and fantastic breakfast. Have stayed many times as its my favorite.

Restaurant food is a little expensive but you get what you pay for.

Nice sized hotel, staff very polite, very clean room and excellent breakfast. My favorite hotel in Guernsey.

• Reviewed: December 4, 2017

A convenient, comfortable place for me to stay, but I dread trying to order a simple vegetarian dish

Choice of simple Vegetarian food limited Hard work trying to order a simple pasta with tomato sauce Charged extra for one extra bit of egg for breakfast

Comfy bed Nice Bath/Bathroom Clean Nicely decorated for Christmas

• Reviewed: December 1, 2017

Explain the breakfast is to order as I assumed the cereal and toast was all that was available

Just what I needed after a long day. Easy to find, park and the staff were great

• Reviewed: November 20, 2017

Pleasant and good value

Bathroom needs up dating. I had already confirmed I was Vegetarian. But my breakfast came with bacon which meant it was totally wasted!

Comfy bed. Dinner pre arranged for a late evening arrival. Dinner was simple but nice. Clean

• Reviewed: October 30, 2017

Fantastic stay in a lovely hotel!

Nothing, everything was great

The food was amazing, both breakfast and dinner were fantastic! As we were there in October we were also lucky enough to have the option of the Tennerfest menu. All the staff were excellent, very helpful and friendly and nothing was too much trouble for them! Sheev in the bar was particularly nice to us and even made me some lovely mocktails as I’m pregnant and not drinking at the moment! I stayed here a few years ago and they have renovated the rooms and restaurant since then and it’s a huge improvement on the previous decor. We stayed in a standard room which was very comfortable and had everything we needed. We would definitely stay here again when we go back to Guernsey, lovely hotel, great staff, great food, comfortable rooms and good value for money! You can’t ask for more.

• Reviewed: October 17, 2017

Excellent rest and top draw food..
    • Double Room with Garden View

Pulling out into the road having to use a wall mirror.

Day and evening Food was excellent..staff treated you perfectly could not wish for better service. Wonderful corner bath!

• Reviewed: October 9, 2017

A superb holiday to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary.

Having to leave.

Rooms were really comfortable and the food fantastic. The staff were so friendly but professional and helpful, nothing was too much trouble. While we were there Tennerfest started and the hotel took part. This is when several hotels and restaurants have a cheaper menu so visitors and the locals can try different eateries for lower prices. There is no lowering of care, attention in preparation or quality. Top marks to Le Friquet who produced varied gastronomic delights for their diners.

• Reviewed: October 8, 2017

Quality and class - a perfect break.

Nothing - it was perfect.

Room was very comfortable and extremely clean. Food was excellent and staff were helpful, polite and efficient. Couldn't have asked for more!

• Reviewed: October 7, 2017

The bed was comfortable, nice to have a Jacuzzi

Bar staff kept getting orders incorrect and making comments encouraging us to drink which I felt unnecessary. They were not very accommodating with food requests, i.e making omelettes. Can be very dangerous exiting the car park

The bed was comfortable, nice to have a Jacuzzi

• Reviewed: October 7, 2017

Excellent service in a lovely location.
    • Double or Twin Room

Unfortunately the boiler packed up on the last morning of our stay which meant cold showers! Just one of those things and no-ones fault.

Friendly helpful staff, excellent service.

• Reviewed: September 27, 2017

Know Guernsey very well as used to live. So only spent time in hotel to sleep so reasonable stay.

Had to wait 35 minutes for waiting staff to take breakfast order. No system in place in dining room with those coming later being served first. Waiting times seemed to get worse as stay progressed so didn't bother with breakfast on last day. Also shower over the bath fixed just under a sloping roof (room on top floor) so that anyone over 5 foot tall unable to use shower (like my husband). Myself at 5' 4"" had to bend my neck to use it. Shower curtain also went across room not directly around bath so floor always wet. Therefore was useful that the bath was nice.

Reception staff lovely. Hotel services staff lovely. Clean room.

• Reviewed: September 26, 2017

Good location to explore the island, outside of the hustle and bustle of St. peter's.

covered storage for cycles, resturant a bit pricey for everyday eating.

Excellent Resturant for top cuisine and breakfast. Helpful staff, outdoor pool

• Reviewed: September 25, 2017

Extremely comfortable, quiet, and thoroughly enjoyable stay. Would recommend it.

The toilet seat in my bathroom was mismatched in shape to the toilet; a little more attention to detail would have resolved this. A minor problem, though.

One evening there was a minor error with a room service order (hey, it happens) but they went out of their way to correct it - and all service was with a smile.

• Reviewed: September 25, 2017

Relaxed atmosphere, with high standards and staff who were friendly and professional as an overall.
    • Superior King Room

The only point that detracted was that we had booked a table for 8pm, a few days before, for the bank-holiday monday (knowing it would probably be difficult to get table booking in general on the island). We arrived a few mins before and let the maitre d know we were there - he was a little strange in his reaction and said "yes I know". 30 mins later he had not returned to let us know what was happening so I spoke to him again - again "yes" with no action and then when we finally were seated, no apology, simply "everyone arrived at the same time". For the standard of the hotel I expected a booked table to be available within a short time and if someone arrived who had not booked they should have been asked to wait. It was a pity, for otherwise the stay was excellent.

The overall stay was excellent, Cleanliness was high level, staff very pleasant, wide choice of menu both at breakfast/dinner and very tasty. Garden areas were well looked after and peaceful to relax in, as was the pool area. The offer of beach-towels was an added bonus.

• Reviewed: September 20, 2017

Great friendly hotel which enhanced our family holiday to Guernsey, thank you.

Swimming pool was supposed to be heated but was cold. I also would have liked it to have opened earlier eg 7am. Rooms a little warm, but air con was great and quiet, so no problem. Located a bit out of town and buses took a bit of getting used to. Lack of lift could have been specified, however staff arranged for luggage to be brought to rooms so again, no problem. Any problems we had were quickly solved by helpful staff, thank you.

Staff were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast amazing with lots of choice. Very clean and comfortable. Definitely recommend.

• Reviewed: September 19, 2017

We enjoyed the stay in the Friquet hotel.

Our room on the first 2 days were above the kitchen and therefore rather noisy. The very helpful reception then managed the change into a calm room on the backside .

Very nice hotel with marvelous breakfast. We also booked half board and menues were excellent and very good value for money. We also enjoued the nice garden with swimming pool and very good weather.

• Reviewed: September 15, 2017

We have used this Hotel on several previous visits and are happy to continue to do so.

The car park exit can be a little difficult at times, but in my opinion, no different from many of the other Hotels on the island.

The Apartment was spacious and well equipped. The restaurant was clean and provided excellent tasty breakfasts with a wide choice of options. The Bar area was relaxing for both pre-dinner and evening drinks. Reception was staffed by very helpful and friendly staff.

• Reviewed: September 13, 2017

We had a good 4 day stay and the hotel suited us. Staff were friendly and helpful.

Swimming pool did not look clean and inviting and was, therefore, rather a disappointment. Had been looking forward to using it but did not do so. Car exit to main road on a bend and a bit of a nightmare

Superior rooms very nice. Standard single very small and rather old fashioned except for bathroom which had been upgraded. Food ranged from good to average.

• Reviewed: September 11, 2017

Very good and would stay there again.
    • Superior King or Twin Room

When we arrived there was a problem with not getting the room we paid for but this was sorted out quickly and we were happy with the result.

The food was excellent and the room very comfortable and staff friendly.

• Reviewed: September 11, 2017

Underwhelmed

Room tired, paper peeling, wood veneer peeling. One mattress sloped. Toiled flush difficult to stop at times. Carpet needs attention. Room needs refurbishment. Pool closed during stay. Food quality variable. Worst crab ever but best lobster curry.

Nice gardens.

• Reviewed: August 31, 2017

Lovely hotel, a hidden gem 👍🏽
    • Superior King or Twin Room

Nothing really apart from the tart.

The staff were ALL helpful and welcoming. The food from Lobster&Grill was extremely good and value for money! Lobster so fresh and cheaper than Manchester. However the lemon tart pastry was super soft,if it was crunchy and fresh it would have been a very good tart! Overall an excellent stay and we will be back!

• Reviewed: August 26, 2017

good place to stay to see countryside of gurnsey after spending a few days on the sea side

outside pool didnt look inviting-cloudy water. no good walks outside of hotel, narrow footpaths and road very very busy, BUT fantastic garden centre only 3 mins walk-everthing,-- cloths,plants nic nacks, food, one of the best garden centres i have visisted!

we were given an appartment, wonderful garden views from many windows, plenty of fesh air, bed very confortable, food excellent, gardens beautiful

• Reviewed: August 25, 2017

We had a great time away and the hotel was perfect for our needs.
    • Suite - Apartment

Our apartment was really clean, well appointed and spacious. It was a fantastic base for our weeks escape. The staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. The food was of excellent standard. The location was great and we used the buses to get around the island - regular and great value especially if you get a weeks card from the airport.

• Reviewed: August 22, 2017

Friendly, knowledgable staff at reception.

Lack of vegetarian hot breakfast options. They did not accommodate when we asked. Beds were too soft. Swimming pool mildly heated.

Friendly, knowledgable staff at reception. Breakfast served efficiently. Pleasant and clean rooms. Attractive pool and garden area.

• Reviewed: August 14, 2017

Best hotel on the island.
    • Superior King Room

Very comfortable room, peaceful location in a beautiful garden, restaurant was one of the best on the island and the staff were definitely the best on the island.

• Reviewed: August 14, 2017

A very stress free and relaxing holiday.

On arrival we were given room 26. Lovely room however noise from road really terrible . Very surprised at noise level. We did ask to be moved and were immediately moved to room at front . Also upon arrival pool was green and very uninviting. Receptionist assured me it was safe as was tested everyday. There had been a lots of rain. The pool did after a couple of days clear.

A very calm hotel. Staff very friendly and helpful. Nice grounds and swimming pool. Very clean. Good location near fab bus net work. Cobo Beach Vazon Beach and fabulous coastline perfect for walking and sea swimming.

• Reviewed: August 7, 2017

Excellent stay x
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Nothing to fault

Lovely hotel, clean and staff very attentive. Rooms were lovely and good size. Loved the gardens! Food in the lobster & Grill was delicious! Excellent all round - will stay again.

• Reviewed: August 3, 2017

Overall we were content with our choice of hotel

Room was small, view from room was not pleasant. Would have liked pure cotton sheets and duvet covers and for the room price I think it would be reasonable to expect that.

Very clean especially bathroom (which I can be very fussy about). Swimming pool and gardens were lovely. Staff helpful and responded to any request or concerns. Breakfast was of good standard. Beds comfortable

• Reviewed: August 2, 2017

Very enjoyable stay at Le Friquet.

No cause for complaint in any area .

Have stayed at Le Friquet several times , it is always an enjoyable stay . A very nice hotel with friendly helpful staff.

• Reviewed: August 2, 2017

The food in the restaurant was excellent , plus the service...

The only criticism that I found was I had requested a quiet room when booking, our room was much nearer the road than I would have liked with the resulting vehicle noise. I did mention this request this in my email to the hotel prior to our trip, but didn't receive a reply. I discussed this with the desk on our arrival but was told the hotel was fully booked & that possibly no other rooms were available. This wasn't a major problem until you opened the window to let the air in, to solve the problem it meant having the aircon on while in the room. Finally, I was of the opinion that if I booked 7 nights accommodation I would only pay for 6 nights, the bill indicated otherwise. However as our stay was designed to be stress free, ( I was recovering from surgery) I chose to let this go, plus everything else about the hotel and service were excellent.

The food in the restaurant was excellent , plus the service was extremely good with no complaints at all.

• Reviewed: August 2, 2017

Little bit disappointed with room but for the price OK.

Room (second floor) and bathroom cramped and hot in summer without aircon on. Could do with updating. Traffic noise.

Good breakfasts, excellent resturant

• Reviewed: July 20, 2017

Lovely place great location in a super Island

Not a problem for us but the room we had on the second floor was accessed only by stairs so anyone with issues of mobility would need to make sure of the location of the room when booking.

The staff were particlarly friendly and very good at explaining things about the travel options locally or the food on the menu. breakfasts were very delicious and served to the table. I really enjoyed the kippers! Fantastic place to eat seafood. The hotel is situated inland in Guernsey but still handy for getting to the coast or St Peter port by car or Bus

• Reviewed: July 18, 2017

Not the hotel for us..

Some very surly staff, especially the barman. Pool was not well looked after. Very noisy room - busy road, rattling air cons from the bar/kitchen, our air con would randomly hum in the middle of the night when switched off etc. Bed was incredibly hard - not good for a pregnant wife. Restaurant food was not great, especially for the price. Service at breakfast was very poor, we often had to ask multiple times for teas, coffees etc.

Some of the staff were excellent. Shower was good pressure. Good coffee. Breakfast selection was decent, and the cooked breakfast options were quite good (if you could get hold of the staff to order). Reasonable choice of drinks at the bar.

• Reviewed: July 10, 2017

Excellent value for money

Frequency of buses a bit long. Hotel wise I found no fault.

Staff were superb. Menu was varied and food was spot on. Swimming pool was uncrowded and clean . The gardens were fantastic. The photo on booking.com doesn't do it justice. Buses were cheap. A taxi anywhere on the Island was £7-£10. The blue diamond garden centre across the road was worth a visit.

• Reviewed: July 9, 2017

One of the best !!

nothing.

Very clean rooms with lovely comfy beds. Public areas and gardens are really clean, tidy and comfortable. Warm friendly and helpful staff. Amazing food, the dinner menu is superb, and the fresh cooked to order breakfast is probably the best we have ever had.

• Reviewed: July 6, 2017

Excellent hotel and very helpful friendly staff!.

A lift would have been useful so that I wouldn't to have had to carry my heavy case up the stairs.

Our twin room was quite warm but the air conditioning unit worked beautifully and kept us cool. I particularly enjoyed swimming in the outdoor pool, it was so peaceful and relaxing.

• Reviewed: June 28, 2017

Breakfast was lovely with very friendly helpful staff.

I didn't like the fact I had to leave. Wish I could have stayed longer.

Breakfast was lovely with very friendly helpful staff. Nothing was too much trouble for them.

• Reviewed: June 20, 2017

heaven sent

Room was excellent .staff fabulous. Pool area the best ever. after a failing from a previous hotel we moved to let friquet .I thought Ido died and gone to heaven

• Reviewed: June 18, 2017

Great for a short break ....

Service in restaurant- first couple of days very attentive, but middle of week staff were slow and especially at breakfast were doubling up on jobs, however the final two mornings there were only a couple on and service was excellent.

Staff were extremely helpful and friendly. Swimming pool area well looked after. Gardens well tended. Restaurant food well presented.

• Reviewed: June 14, 2017

A good place to stay

Food choices were good and wine list and bar were great

The food, staff are all very good indeed. I have stayed there several times now and it has always been excellent

• Reviewed: June 14, 2017

Our stay. Lovely hotel.

The only issue I had was the first room we were allocated was up two flights of stairs. But as I have said this was changed even without us making a request.

The staff were all lovely and helpful. The lady on reception noticed I had difficulty with the stairs and she changed our room to a lower floor.

• Reviewed: June 12, 2017

Lovely hotel and grounds; comfy room and great breakfast

Super hotel. I only had b&b but stay was fantastic. Comfy, nicely styled bedroom; helpful staff; lovely setting in pleasant grounds; and freshly cooked breakfasts with v good coffee. I know the island v well having lived here before but hadn't visited Le Friquet Hotel. Will definitely recommend.

• Reviewed: May 8, 2017

Great staff and hotel!
    • Superior King Room

The pillows were too soft, not that it's a bad thing just not what we're used to

How helpful the staff were, the breakfast waitress went out of her way to get us some cooked food early before our taxi arrived

• Reviewed: May 5, 2017

You could not mix the hot and the cold water in the lavatory.

You could not mix the hot and the cold water in the lavatory. There were two separate faucets. The shower tub had a water mixer though. Cleanliness was great. Staff were quite friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: May 3, 2017

I had a thoughly enjoyable stay,

very pleased and satisfied with my stay at the hotel food was great,

could not fault the hotel, staff, so helpful, nothing was to much trouble, if I ever return to Guernsey again will certainly try to get a booking at the Le Friquet hotel.

• Reviewed: April 26, 2017

Despite the breakfast tea saga I would have no hesitation in reccomending the hotel.

The breakfast tea was served in a small pot and luke warm with only just enough for two people to have one cup each. . We asked for a second pot which wasso weak it hardly coloured the water.

All of the staff were very helpful and accommodating.

• Reviewed: March 2, 2017

Pleasant, comfortable and filling.

Shelf over wash basin - too near, easily banged head on it. Nowhere to put wash bag, glasses etc. in bathroom. Nowhere to dry towels after shower as radiator not on. Rather noisy between 6-30 and 7-30am.

Plenty of choice for breakfast. Pleasant staff. Comfy bed.