Reviews of Leicester Marriott Hotel 4 stars

Smith Way, Grove Park, Enderby, Leicester, LE19 1SW, United Kingdom

#2 of 23 hotels in Leicester

Convenient but expensive hotel off the M1

Expensive as fully booked for local businesses which pushes up the price. Constant hum from air conditioning units even though I had asked for quiet room.

Convenient location close to my office just off the M1. Good sized room and bed was very comfortable. Reasonable selection of food in restaurant in evening and at breakfast.

the hotel has had a refurbishment and they changed the...

i do not like to climb into the bath to have a shower i would prefer to have a room where their is just a shower and no bath

the hotel has had a refurbishment and they changed the restaurant layout and i liked what they have done

A very pleasant 24 hour stay!!!

No shower gel in the bathroom.Every thing else provided though.

Great one day stay.welcoming staff. Lovely room, very quiet, just as I requested. Breakfast selection was good. All in all, a very pleasant hotel. Will definitely stay again when we visit our family in Leicester

Prefer clean air - Slept in the car rather than staying in a room smelling of stale cigarette smoke.

The room smelt of stale cigarette smoke. It was an upgraded room (payable) which was furnished for people with physical disabilities. The bathroom resembled something more of a hospital facility rather than a four star hotel. Ideal if someone who has a physical disability albeit the room being on the fourth floor. I declined to stay in the room due to the smell of stale cigarette smoke. Reception said there was no other rooms available. Preferring to sleep in an environment with fresh air I slept in my vehicle in the car park until the following morning. In the past I have always enjoyed Marriott Hotels facilities and I am a subscriber to their rewards and loyalty programme. On this occasion I have to question their rewards and loyalty programme. To say the least, very disappointed.

The bar area and lounge is nicely set out. Easy to find a parking space. Good location.

Great room and comfortable bed

Car park charge. Only £5 per night but the hotel is in the middle of a business park outside Leicester city. No need to charge guests to park.

Great room and comfortable bed

Generally very good hotel with very pleasant staff and an airy expansive atrium.

Air conditioning was poor and the standard room we had had Windows that didn't open.

The staff were friendly and attentive and generally excellent. The restaurant area was light and pleasant and the waiting was attentive and efficient. Parking was easy. Limited grounds but with lots of rabbits in the morning.

Great hotel, lovely and clean, comfortable and great location.

Restaurant looks great after its refurbishment, but the service was very slow and one of our meals came out cold. Staff were apologetic. Hopefully, just teething problems.

Lovely clean hotel. Very comfy beds and pillows. Great now you can sync phone to TV.

A hotel that I would go out of my way to use.

Parking charge - only £2.50 Would rather the hotel donate the money to charity unless they are paying for car security at night.

Well maintained luxurious hotel room. Slept really well.

Clean & luxurious hotel with excellent staff

Staff were excellent. We had some very noisy room neighbours and when we asked staff moved us straight away. The room was clean and beds really comfortable. Breakfast was really good with a wide selection to choose from.

Love the Leicester Marriott

The receptionist, I think she was called Maya or Mia?? She was exceptional, we had a slight problem with the air conditioning and she moved us to another room. Brilliant service.

Clean but overall experience wouldn’t make this my first choice

I thought there was a jacuzzi within the pool area to relax in so was disappointnted. Our first room the shower was broken, we called reception from room phone and on mobile phone but no answer, we had to then get dressed and report it at reception, took 45mins in total to then get moved rooms but this made me late getting ready. 1x glass of rose in bar was £11.30 which wasn’t even very nice and I returned the soured olives.

Super clean and quite room. Location was great for the occasion.

Served the purpose but wouldn’t choose to stay there again.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Food was below standard for the price being charged. Drinks also far too expensive. Prices above other hotels of the same standard we’ve stayed at.

Very good standard of cleanliness, but then it is a reasonably new build.

I would stay again but not eat there!

Poor information given in the restaurant, resulting in a bill which not expected. Although they tried to resolve my complaint I felt not enough was done. Buffet breakfast looked terrible, not appetising at all. Although I paid for breakfast, I could not eat a thing. Evening meal in restaurant was average.

The bed was very comfortable, got a good night sleep

Comfy and Spacious

My main complaint was the restaurant. There was a nice atmosphere and the food was good, but the menu was a bit confusing. My partner and I both ordered stakes, and the menu seemed to suggest you could pick your own side to go with it which we did. When the food came we ended up getting chips with our steak, and then the three sides we'd ordered on top of that, and were charged for the additional sides. The waiter or menu should have made it clear that the steak already came with chips, obviously we wouldn't have ordered more potato sides if we'd known this. We were left with far too much food wasted at the end which was a bit annoying, and paid more than we had planned to.

The beds were extremely comfy. Nice spacious rooms. Nice pool that wasn't too busy. Gym was also better than a lot of hotels.

Would stay again, but I would bring my own marmalade

See above

The evening meal selection for a four star hotel was poor. The breakfast selection on the other hand had only one fault there was no marmalade on show and when we asked we were given a sleeve containing what purported to be marmalade.

The rooms are extremely confortables , the location is great...

Restaurant was being refurbished so the entrance hall where food was served was quite impersonal and not warm . the food range was limited , although tasty

The rooms are extremely confortables , the location is great for business and access to motorway . It is clean and quiet and has a great pool and gym

Not great

Staff not very connected and the girl (mixed race) we met a reception was rude and useless when her fellow staff came to help she snapped at them and she was wearing a childish glasses and with leaves and stuff for Easter which is inappropriate as they need to be business like to comedians

Not much

Fabulous - as ever.

Perhaps a choice of eggs for breakfast other than scrambled? I still struggle with my sat nav over the last 500m to find the right turning..but thats my fault!

Beds are amazing - as are the pillows. The steam room didn't seem to be working very well when I stayed

Overall my stay at the Marriott wasn’t as expected. For a 4* hotel it was very dated and unclean

The pillows on the bed were uncomfortable. When asking staff for something it felt like we were troubling and interrupting them and at breakfast I asked for hot water and when I poured it into my mug it was discoloured. So I asked for another pot and the same happened again.

The fitness centre staff were friendly.

Our bed was ridiculously comfortable.

Paying for parking. Ridiculous.

Our bed was ridiculously comfortable. The attentiveness from staff in the restaurant was exceptional. Friendliness, style of the building, quality of food was brilliant.

Excellent value for bed and breakfast, leisure facilities good too.

Breakfast area a little cramped for space, whether that was due to renovation of main one not sure.

New restaurant in process of being done, only bar food or breakfast area for this stay. Explained by staff when we arrived, not a problem to us.

Nice overall - polite and friendly staff, noise an issue.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Rooms were very noisy due to some sort of loud fan / generator on top floor. They were also hot and stuffy with poor air con. Bluetooth connectivity to TV did not work. Staff were very polite and friendly but I had to speak to 3 people on 4 occasions to move to a new room and nobody answered the 24h room service at 11.20pm.

Fantastic breakfast - hot items were perfectly adequate although sometimes verging on cold. Cold items were fabulous- fresh breads, mini pastries, delicious ripe brie, beautiful smoked salmon, a range of juices and cereals. Rooms were nice, beds comfortable.

excellent

staff were out of this world freindly and would do anything to help you . Checking in was lovely the staff made you feel welcome .The brekfast was 10 out of 10 absolutely scrumptious.THE .bed was so comfortable

Awful

There was no kettle in the room no drinking facilities meaning having to go downstairs for tea and coffee and which is unacceptable considering the price of the hotel room I will not be returning

We would stay again but would book dinner late.

The restaurant location was changed and we booked dinner at 8.00 p.m expecting adults or older children to be there. However there were infants, toddlers and babies present, and some of the toddlers were allowed to run and chase around the restaurant, making a lot of noise and obstructing the waiting staff who were carrying hot food. Our dinner experience was spoiled.

Staff were very pleasant, friendly helpful and efficient. The food was very good and the room pleasant and quiet with working air conditioning.

Comfortable and enjoyable Easter break

The leisure facilities had no jacuzzi and the steam room wasn’t working but the sauna and pool were lovely!

Restaurant for evening meal and breakfast were excellent and staff were very friendly. Gym had great equipment too!

Nice hotel close to motorway but some distance from city centre.

Car parking charges not mentioned on Booking. Com although told that they were on Marriott web site. Minor complaint about this resolved by reception staff.

I notified the hotel in advance I was travelling from...

Nothing! I had an amazing stay will definitely be back when I’m in Leicester.

I notified the hotel in advance I was travelling from overseas and if I could get an early check-in which they provided as well as laundering a shirt for me within 8 hours. Friendly and helpful and even nice postcards from housekeeping once room serviced. Delicious breakfast - plenty of choice and eggs to order. Pool empty for an early swim at 6am too 🙌🏻

perfect weekend getaway

More variety at breakfast

Excellent location near to the motorway and a short taxi ride into town. The shopping complex nearby was perfect for last minute things and if you were feeling peckish late at night like me, the Mcdonalds is perfect :p The room was spacious, airy and the air con kept us warm while it was snowing outside, bathroom and hotel facilities were amazing and the pool is a defo must when you are here.

Expensive but good quality and good for motorway access.

Not great you have to pay for parking after spending the amount you have to on rooms. Also air con wasn't very cold on highest cold settings.

Nice hotel, friendly, good pool and nice big room. Comfy bed.

Excellent hotel & staff at a competitive rate

The rooms were a good size, very comfortable bed & a selection of complimentary toiletries provided. Breakfast was excellent, everything you could possibly want.

Excellent staff and such a friendly welcome. Pleasure.

We had a poor experience of another hotel in Leicester and booked this hotel at the last minute in a panic and double booked! We showed up late in the evening and the staff were welcoming sympathetic and very friendly. They even upgraded us to compensate for our unhappy experience. After that they were excellent. Great service, good restaurant and facilities. A huge thank you to all at the Leicester Marriott hotel!

Only downside, receptionist was having a difficult tel call...

Only downside, receptionist was having a difficult tel call with a business client when I turned up to checkout, she was then slightly rude / dismissive with me - be professional at all times!!

It was a very comfortable and pleasant stay for my business trip

The bed was quite hard - but I find this in most hotels. Also, unfortunately renovations were going on so there was some drilling noise, which made it hard to work in my room in the afternoon - but can't really mark them down for that as they are trying to make improvements after all!.

Food was really good and staff were friendly. The room was well equipped and shower was nice and powerful! I was worried the room would be cold due to the bad weather, but temperature was just right.

Great service, fantastic rooms.
    • Executive King Room with Lounge Access

Very much enjoyed access to the executive lounge, it was a good place for me and my colleagues to relax after a hard day. The gym and pool facilities were fantastic too. All the staff we're very friendly and professional.

Good stopover

Quite annoyed at the fact that car parking charges are additional and that the website does not make this clear. At the very least the change should be shown as an option when confirming online booking.

Overall ambience was good. Did not take any food at hotel so cannot comment

Bland but comfortable

Having to pay for Wi-Fi and being charged for parking when using a car is the only option at the hotel. Breakfast is over priced much cheaper place two minutes down the road.

Comfortable, clean room.

Good... apart from the above point re one of the two rooms.

I would have liked to have been informed that our bedroom faced inward to the hotel reception with a window that did not open. We would have asked to change rooms if we had known this.

Having a chef to cook omelettes was a good addition to a buffet breakfast

Brilliant

Coffee in pots not so brilliant , need a better quality Italian coffee

Beds were enormous, lovely sheets , breakfast which I normally hate was very good both continental selection and cooked breakfast

i loved the fact that it is Marriott, but i have had better

the leisure facilities not attractive and i hated to have to walk around the hotel with a debit card paying instead of charging me on checking out/ they did not even tell us that they will not be serving dinner. had to go to Nandos

i loved the fact that it is Marriott, but i have had better

The staff running the late bar in the entrance hall were not very engaging and i thought quite rude, the rest of the staff were excellent! Would recommend this hotel.

Lovely! x

BUT My only moan..... you were probably under staffed - took forever to get served.... drinks prices were different sometime.... it ruined the night by waiting forever for a drink...causing your staff to get stressed. Something to think about for next year maybe...

We come every year for a party and its a fabulous hotel, rooms are very comfy & the function room we use is great!

comfortable room, food variable.

as above

part breakfast good part very poor. Limited items and tea coffee just lukewarm. Had very god salad for supper but annoyed to find friends staying there at same time had paid £40 less for same room ... not good enough Im afraid. Leaves a bad taste!!!

Excellent gym/swim facilities open early and closed late.

Excellent gym/swim facilities open early and closed late. Allowed me a swim at 10pm and 6.30am! Staff couldn't have been nicer. Guinness was A1 too!

Pillows and duvet were very comfortable, had a good night...

Pillows and duvet were very comfortable, had a good night sleep,Staff was very helpful specially at the front desk. Breakfast was average ,wanted to have an omelette but the chef was using same pans for Ham and meat . should have separate pans for vegetarians or for people who do not eat meat

would certainly recommend

As i do not like lifts we could not locate any stairs from the 1st floor upwards despite assistance from staff who were very helpful

all the staff were very helpful and friendly. the room was spacious and comfortable. the breakfast was very good and service was very good.would certainly recommend

Good value and comfortable rooms.

Parking isn't free, however we had it free due to an event we were attending. Lack of lights in the room, it was all lamps and not a central main light.

Very comfortable bed, large rooms and good sound proof rooms so couldnt hear anyone in the corridors. Room service is great also and very big portions!

Ok

Work being carried out on floor above, drilling and hammering. Very noisy, would have been good to have been told about this prior to booking

Nice size room

They seem to be trying hard but failing in some important areas.

The car park barrier failed to let me out twice. No one answered the intercom, causing embarrassment as I had to reverse back through a queue of other drivers that had pulled up behind me. This made me late for an important meeting. Then on my second night there was an all night party in the corridor outside my room until 6 am. Because I was now awake so early I went to breakfast at 6:30 which seemed to catch everyone out. The chef put on an egg for me and then disappeared. It was only when I raised the alarm that the egg was so burnt that it was smoking that he returned, chewing and wiping his own breakfast from his chin. To save me waiting too much longer his solution was to throw the first egg away and then only half cook two eggs.

Beautiful decor and mostly helpful staff

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

Nice hotel - hope to get a better room next time!

I was given a disabled access room, when I had booked a bathroom with a bath. Unless you join their rewards club, there is only exorbitantly priced wifi (£5.99 per hour if I remember correctly).

Nice hotel with friendly attentive staff. Room was good, except for bathroom - see comments above!

The location as I was staying in Leicester

The room I was put in had a construction site next door which meant I was woken early morning by someone drilling the walls. Had the worst hotel stay here. When I tried to speak to staff they didn’t want to help or reassure for the next time. I asked for a manager and no one could help. Never staying here again

The location as I was staying in Leicester

Good, clean and great value for money.

Have been coming to this hotel for over 5 years, always very good, rooms now looking a bit dated and could do with a refurb.

Room service was fast, perhaps the fries were a little salty but I was glad it arrived so promptly as we were starving. Nice decent hotel, rooms are plain, but the TV is big and the bathrooms are clean.

6.0
    Pleasant stay

Restaurant closed on Sundays -no mention of this on website. Very disappointed as it was a birthday stay. Had to settle for fish and chips from bar menu!! 12.5% service charge bit hefty and car parking expensive

Relaxing

The breakfast staff didn't seem to Notice I was there and eventually when I approached a staff member & asked for a cup of tea, it never actually arrived. They would benefit from being a bit more observant as there were plenty of staff on at breakfast.

Convenient location to the M1 & Fosse Park shopping . Despite being in an industrial park, the hotel is very comfortable and friendly. The front of house concierge was very helpful & carried my luggage from my car to my room.

Great place to stay for business or leisure in Leicester

The hotel is very spacious, modern and well kept. We liked the atrium in the middle of the building. The parking charges were reasonable. Food in the executive lounge was very good.

Average

Think it is terrible to charge for parking on top of what is quite an expensive hotel for what it offers. Bathroom / shower was out of date and a bit tatty.

Bed was comfortably and a good breakfast

Good stay in Leicester

We did not like paying for parking. There is a large open space for bar and reception area which we found unappealing.

Bedrooms were large and comfortable and clean. Breakfast ok.

Didn't appear to be any stairs to go up - had to use...

Didn't appear to be any stairs to go up - had to use lifts There was a air con panel in the room - the little lights on this lit the room up brightly, was difficult to block them out for sleep

OK

The Menu had been changed, so when you ordered a particular beer, they brought you a different beer. Also added £5 parking to my bill when I didn't have a car (my colleague had one)

Bed was comfy, nice big room, big TV. Caesar salad (they put anchovies in it - most places skip them)

Great for a short stay!

Make sure you get your car parking ticket validated before leaving! Pool was not available to be used during my stay due to maintenance work being carried out.

Great for a one night's stay, lovely comfortable room with everything I needed. Great service!

Very enjoyable stay in this hotel

There was no separate bar/lounge area. The bar area doubled up as the main hotel lobby.

Perfect for a business trip. Very clean, sleek and functional. Bedrooms were a good size and very clean. Facilities in the room were good.

The large central loung area at reception, and the dining...

That my room window could not open. The massively increased room rates over weekends.

The large central loung area at reception, and the dining room. Friendly staff.?

Hotel is like a hotel resort.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The only bad experience was booking through booking.com. Can not flaw the hotel.

Dipaks hospitality level is amazing. I booked through booking.com and the reservation did not come through. Dipak worked to get a room for me due to booking.com failing to send room confirmation. Thank you Dipak! The room was also very nice and clean. Loved the hotel layout.

Recommend if on way south.

Lobby was vast and cold. Double automatic doors opening almost together let draughtiness in and a large wedding party meant continuous gales!

Fabulous beds very comfortable as were the pillows. Good shower and deep bath. Room service and breakfast were both excellent as were staff.

Only 1 lift of the 3 worked as we were on 5th floor we...

Only 1 lift of the 3 worked as we were on 5th floor we waited along time. We booked a certain room and they advised there was none left of the type when we booked in???? We have stayed at marriot before and had similar problems. We run our own business and work away from home alot would not stay in Marriot again

Expensive, below average, disappointing.

Pool and sauna were closed for maintenance for 2 weeks - not informed at the time of booking - disappointing. Bar prices were extortionate - £14 for a glass of Pinot Noir and £4.45 for a bottle of still water! The quality of food was average - Italian Buffet in the evening - large heated trays full of soggy pasta. Breakfast, low quality sausages, average bacon and baked beans swimming in sauce - had to fish around to get some beans while the chef watched me.

Nice open public areas, very clean, professional staff, good rooms.

I would have liked the room that i actually booked.

We booked a King Room and were told that they were fully booked and gave us a twin double room...which we had to make do with

Breakfast tray arrived on time and with a smile

Fine for a short stay on way to somewhere else

Dining table close to kitchen

A comfortable room with comfortable bed. Restaurant busy - seated a bit close to the kitchen for comfort. Overall, I would stay again.

No access to the lounge No gluten free options No access to sauna, pool or steam room Very disappointed with the hotel and would not stay here again

The room was clean

Relaxing and easy

We both found the bed quite hard so kept waking to turn over. Not as comfy as premier inn

Handy location and easy to check in at 9pm and still use the pool and sauna to unwind after a long car journey!

The staff were excellent.

The pillows were very thin and uncomfortable and the hotel was full of young families so the public areas and pool were very noisy and busy.

The staff were excellent. Despite the hotel being full, they were very efficient in managing the breakfast rush and minimising any waits.

My daughter and I had an excellent stay..

Things like more biscuits to have with tea and possibly chocolate in the room.. these little things add the finishing touches

The friendliness of staff both on reception and in the restaurant

Ok but not memorable
    • Business King Room

The staff were not overly friendly and it took a while to check in as the staff were busy chatting which they carried on doing whilst asking me check in questions

The room was ok but for a upgraded room it was nothing special or fancy.

Great Hotel and people!

Far from the city center and not much to do or see on the sorroundings.

Great and clean room, quiet and comfy! Leisure club very well structured ... amazing gym, sauna and steam bath

Nice room..

Limited range of fruit at breakfast. Poor quality cooked breakfast items which were all uncovered. Steam room had peeling paint and puddles whilst the poolside area needed a clean. Towels were discarded in men's changing rooms, although my fiancee told me that the ladies managed to use the bins for their used towels.

Helpful and friendly staff. Good selection of drinks at the bar but pricey. Clean and modern room. Check out at 12. Coinless lockers in leisure club changing rooms.