Reviews of Les Bouviers Restaurant With Rooms 5 stars

Arrowsmith Road, Canford Magna,, Wimborne Minster, BH21 3BD, United Kingdom

#7 of 12 hotels in Wimborne Minster

• Reviewed: 18 October 2018

Excellent and thoroughly recommended I will definitely use again.

Little to say without being really picky. I think a working surface in the room would help business travelers as would a chair and possibly an arm chair. The shower in my room whilst of high quality is of the type that makes consistent temperature selection a bit of a challenge.

The food is excellent. Dinner was well priced, at a very high standard and served and presented faultlessly. Breakfast was similarly well above average. Rooms are well appointed and very comfortable. Bed was so good I had to drag myself out of it! The owners are very friendly and helpful. Surroundings are beautiful and must be superb on a nice day.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

Very friendly establishment

Being vegetarian they made sure I had suitable meals even cooking ones for me that weren't on the menu . The risotto that was made was delicious . I also had freshly made porridge each morning , very tasty . Nothing was too much trouble for them .

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

Really kindness and professional.

Really kindness and professional. Amazing breakfast, food quality and presentation. Warm, welcoming and clean environment. We will be back for sure.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Excellent, lovely location, very comfortable and served amazing food.

Excellent service, Carol looked after me very well on the evening. Food was amazing. They asked me what I wanted for breakfast the night before and I had a lovely bowl of fresh fruit and freshly squeezed orange juice waiting for me. I had also asked for a poached egg on toast, and it was the best poached egg on toast i have ever eaten, it was done to perfection.

Absolutely stunning room
    • Luxury Double Room with Balcony

Nothing. I genuinely can't think of anything that wasn't superb.

The room was lovely, the spa bath was amazing, the bed was the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in. The breakfast though.....wow!! I think the best part was when I rang reception in the morning to request a late check out, the answer was 'Ofcourse, no problem at all. Would you like your breakfast brought up to the room?' 😍

We really enjoyed staying here.

We'd have liked a larger room but there wasn't one available. We had everything we could have wanted, including excellent storage space. We would have liked a chair and a small table but we felt quite at home using our computer in the bar.

The little touches such as vegan petit fours, a jug of cold water with ice to soothe a sore throat, lovely grounds to walk in and an overall feeling of relaxation combined with excellent food.

exceeded all my expectation,lovely food,very welcoming staff

i arrived little late on evening i was to check in,quite an extensive food menu,no fuss,friendly lady attended to me. great hospitality was afforded to me,lovely room,check in went without a hitch,i would definitely recommend this venue for dorset Fair

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

An excellent hotel that we hope to return to in the near future.

the evening meal was excellent and good value for money. the food looked very appetising on the plate and certainly did not disappoint. The service by all the staff was excellent

Fully recommended, couldn't be better.

This is a truly top class restaurant and it is well worth staying here to use it for both dinner and breakfast. We were extremely well looked after throughout our stay. The room was comfortable and well appointed if a little on the small side, with a great bathroom.

This was a very disappointing stay, we were expecting a lot more for the price we paid.

Overall the room was very tired and in need of renovation. It certainly wasn't worth anywhere near the £180 we paid for it. The paint in the shower was falling off and there were lots of stains on the ceiling and marks on the wall. Floorboards were very creaky and we could hear every movement from the other rooms. When we mentioned the poor quality of room at checkout we were told "we are not a hotel we are a restaurant with rooms" as if this was some justification for the poor quality of the room! We did not eat the breakfast so cannot comment on the quality of the food.

The bed was comfortable and the location is quiet.

Stunning food, warm welcome.

Lovely, friendly welcome. Led up to my immaculate room and amenities explained. Nicely appointed shower and very comfy bed. As it was such a sunny evening I had a gin and tonic outside and was served a fantastic meal of scallops followed by cod and chorizo. All accompanied with a fine wine from the extensive wine list. Not a cheap meal, but worth every penny as chef has some serious talent. Breakfast was as the included continental, and well served.

Pleasant B and B with lovely food

Water pressure was sub-optimal so the shower was not very powerful and also switched between hot and cold- they should,really pay this some attention. We were also woken by thier cockerel at 4.30 the first morning although not the next day. Not a problem for us, but if you wanted to eat anywhere else you would need to drive.

Pleasant B and B with clean, comfortable rooms. Lovely food in the restaurant with a pleasant homley atmosphere. Staff were really friendly and helpful at all times. Despite some of the issues I have mentioned I would consider staying here again, but probably for a short rather than longer stay.

Staff and owners lovely , we felt very relaxed, continental breakfast very good .

Only shame with our stay, the restaurant was closed on the Sunday, so could not try the award winning menus. We were ok though as suffice pubs around via car.

The staff, owners are very attentive.

We wouldn't recommend this place to our friends - sorry because the owner is really lovely.

Pillows, bedding, hot room and our room was not a quiet room with the sound of the dinners below.

Our feelings were a mixed bag with this place - Staff really pleasant and I would say this is their positive. The grounds and settings are beautiful! The whole place needs a fresh look, maybe updating furniture with a face lift, sorry to be a modern traveler!! :(

Recommended. Best in the area.

I stay in Broadstone regularly and Les Bouviers is a cut above any other accommodation in the area. The staff and owners are friendly and welcoming, the rooms are comfortable and tastefully decorated, breakfast is delicious and the location down a country lane is peaceful and quiet.

Fabulous

We had a wonderful stay at Les Bouviers, from the moment we walked in we were treated so well. The food was amazing on Friday evening and a lovely breakfast the next day. The bedroom was very nice and comfortable and the surroundings beautiful. What made the trip so special were how nice Kate and James were too us.

Even if not registered, it is a Relais & Chateau style...

The hotel needs investment and modernization in bathrooms. I would prefer not to recommend it, because it may limit the availability of rooms in the future for me. LOL

Even if not registered, it is a Relais & Chateau style establishment. Excellent cuisine. You feel at home immediately. Utmost warm hearted welcome.

6.0
    We wanted a luxury night way but felt it was over priced for what was offered.

Room was freezing when we arrived, we were given a heater but it took a while to warm up. Carpet was stained and the room looked a little tired. Meal was o.k. but the soufflé was overcooked, didn't really live up to expectations.

Bed was comfortable and it was convenient staying above the restaurant

Comfortable, friendly and excellent food

The owner and staff were very friendly and the accommodation was home from home whilst retaining a guest service. This is a family home with quality restaurant and function facility on site in a quiet location but near an access road. The customer area is well presented though one or two furnishings in the communal stairs could just do with tidying up. Quality of food, service and flexibility more than compensated. We would return.

Will return if I am working in the area again.

Croissant not very French or fresh. Wished I had a bath so will try to request one if I return. The decor, but we all have different tastes.

Warm and cozy fires. Drink and nibbles in the lounge. The fruit and yoghurt breakfast dish was nice. Offered breakfast up to 9:30. Helped me with directions and a map. Friendly staff.

Wonderful small family hotel.

Wonderful small family hotel. Very cosy, friendly and comfortable. Restaurant is fantastic. Staff is very welcoming. It will definitely be my first choice if I need to stay in the area again.

Very friendly family and comfortable, well equipped room.

Bedroom was a little small. Bar and breakfast room slightly old fashioned!

Very friendly family and comfortable, well equipped room. Excellent breakfast.

Brillient, great stay with exceptional food.

Excellent. - Room large so plenty of room for the puppy cage. Comfy bed and great bath. The staff were lovely, friendly and professional. The food was exceptional and the wine list extensive. We loved the lots of little touches that made our stay special. - A big thank you to all staff. We would definitely come back.

Warm welcome from a high quality establishment.

Not able to stay long enough to properly enjoy our stay.

Overall presentation & quality of service. Travelling with new puppy, staff went out of their way to make sure everything was ok including for the pup,

Fantastic breakfast and friendly staff

I stayed for a night to prepare for the test. Their breakfast was fantastic, and the staff was so friendly. The room was so comfortable to stay. I love the sweets provided in the room. I would like to stay there again if I have chance.

Very pleasant

Comfy bed and room .good en-suite . Breakfast was excellent --- flakey and warm croissants , plenty of toast and a delicious dish of plain yoghurt coulis and fresh fruit . .

Truely fabulous...
    • Executive Double Room

We had a table booked for 8pm but weren't seated till 845. Whilst this gave us a chance to relax and the staff were attentive throughout, if we'd known there was a more relaxed approach to seating I could have finished doing my hair!!

Genuinely lovely property, great food and the staff were outstanding. Definitely recommend.

It ticked all the boxes that we were looking for. ...

We had a front room..... but found the noise from the road a little disturbing.... but we do live in an extremely quiet area..our stay was most enjoyable....a simple suggestion ..... breakfast would have been more enjoyable had it been buffet style...as most continental breakfasts are presented.....giving you a visible choice .... however... after such an enjoyable dinner the night before toast and coffee was was more than enough for us.

Lovely comfy bed...decor very pleasing.... our host for the evening was delightful....we really enjoyed her company.. she was around but not overbearing

Set in beautiful grounds. Would not stay there again room very small and overpriced!

The room was very small. Had to sit on the bed as there were no chairs to sit on in fact the room was too small to put a chair in there. TV did not work and after following the instructions gave up. Room is advertised with steam shower but did not work. Heating is seasonal so the heated towel rail did not work. When taking a regular shower the water runs hot and cold. You have to order breakfast the night before.

The surroundings were very nice and the staff were very friendly.

Restaurant Room combo that's hard to beat
    • Executive Double Room

Nothing really. Location out of the way but that's not the point of staying there

An already excellent restaurant for many a year with very nice rooms. Owners/staff make you feel at home

Satisfactory for purpose, very peaceful and staff attentive.

No toilet fan in bathroom. Some paintwork needs attention TV System needs updating.

Pleasant breakfast. Good selection of complimentary DVDs for watching. Lovely Gardens, pleasant surroundings if a little lost down country lane.

Excellent Hotel!

Rooms were fine, however the walls were thin and you could hear persons next door and above. In bathroom nowhere to hang towel near sink.

Room decor fine, bed comfortable and full English breakfast was very good.

A lovley place on the edge of the New Forest.

The bedroom could have been even better if it had had a triple view mirror on the dressing table.

The room was excellent and the large bath was great fun! The real highlight, though, was the meal in the restaurant. It is several years since I have enjoyed a meal cooked to that standard in every course. Was slightly perturbed to see a deer running across the lawn just after I had ordered the venison, but it had been hung and cooked to absolute perfection.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

The best food I've eaten in 59yrs!

Floorboards are a little creaky. but so what!

Very clean, quite,comfy lovely bed linen and towels etc. And obviously the stunning food! James is very passionate about his vocation and it shows, Some on here have said its expensive, They are SO WRONG! its great value for money the meals are truely some of the best I've ever eaten, correction, they ARE the best :-)

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Fantastic
    • Luxury Double Room with Balcony

The hotel was really nice and situated within beautiful peaceful gardens! Kate is fantastic shes makes sure all your needs are attended to, always was very helpful and made us feel very welcome. Great place to stay.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

lovely bubbly bath !

Rather too warm bedroom - had to open window during the night

lovely bubbly bath ! Also the evening meal was great - enjoyed it all although we didn't get petit fours with coffee which was stated on the bill!. Lovely breakfast also - just my taste rather than cooked English

A cut above other accommodation in the area.

A cut above other accommodation in the area. Staff friendly and attentive. Breakfast and evening meal really excellent. Room very comfortable and quiet.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

No good if you want to leave early, breakfast starts at 7:30...

No good if you want to leave early, breakfast starts at 7:30 only. Heating didnt come on until after I got up and as the outside temp was minus something it was very cold. Steam shower didnt seem to work, shower pulsed between freezing and luke warm but hot water in sink taps so had a wash instead. The dinner menu was off as it was Burns night, offered a fixed special "Scotish" menu only, chef did manage to find something I wanted to be fair but still not what I was expecting.

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

Bespoke dining experience with a pleasant room to relax in.

The weather!!

The staff were very attentive and courteous. We were alone for dinner but that did not matter as the food and service was superb. Our room was comfortable and the ensuite beautiful. We enjoyed our birthday overnight here.

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

Amazing! 5*

not a didn't like, but a point. if staying beyond the normal check out time (11:00) and wanting to use the bath/shower, remember to ask them to keep the hot water on.

accommodation was 10/10 the elderly couple who I think run it (plus other staff), clearly have put a lot of love into the place, and it shows! brilliant price and we got a free upgrade :) we didn't go into the restaurant in the evening, but the tray service, full English to our room in the morning was second to none. overall very well presented place, you wont be disappointed.

Very helpful staff!

We ate lunch one afternoon and were shocked and disappointed when charged £14 pp for a pile of vegetables with one piece of sweet potato chopped in 3. The justification we received was 'that it was the cheapest thing on the menu'. The price was almost same as a meat-eating menu. This unfortunately left us with a bad taste

A lovely hotel in beautiful grounds. The staff were so helpful, took care of our vegan requirements and even allowed me To keep food in their fridge. Surrounding green area excellent for walking the dog

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

It was luxurious.
    • Executive Double Room

The bed was very comfortable. The staff friendly and helpful. Very high standard .

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

amazing last minuet stay at a reasonable price

old building quite clunky

very nice place quite cheep and great hospitality

Flexibility off staff to serve us late dinner.

Flexibility off staff to serve us late dinner. restaurant very good

Excellent food, very comfortable and clean room, friendly...
    • Luxury Double Room with Balcony

Excellent food, very comfortable and clean room, friendly staff

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

A special treat

Nothing could have been better

Lovely clean room bed very comfortable.Staff very friendly and helpful .Breakfast was excellent.

A very enjoyable stay if in the area again would definitely stay again

Hard to find fault if but I had to would have liked a chair in the room

The attention of the staff a very homely feel about the place

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

On the way to Poole Harbour

As stated a restaurant with rooms but delightful all the same. a shot journey and easy access to Poole harbour. Set in countryside.

Fantastic, highly recommended

Stunning place and amazing staff and fabulous food

Excellent food provided at this "Restaurant with rooms"

Personal attention

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Great gastro break.

Very little to fault.

Great staff, location , evening and breakfast food and service.definately 5 star attention to detail and comfy beds.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Great garden to walk my dogs. Staff were very polite and helpful. I’d definitely stay again.

Room next to squeaky stairs, so heard every time someone went up or down.

Comfortable bed and good shower.

Great stay

Great staff, superb dinner and peaceful, convenient, location.

Enroute stay over made our journey very satisfying

No adverse comments

Very friendly and helpful lovely peaceful surroundings. food excellent. Wonderful place to chill out.

a bit run down really

no other residents - empty

room spacious shower good evening meal very good indeed

Lovely place just a shame about cockrell

Cockrell woke them up at 4 am in the morning so not very happy

Room was for daughters wedding night and was lovley

Amazing

Nothing x

The room was amazing, four poster bed, jacuzzi bath and balcony. Restaurant was awesome, will definitely be going back x

Would recommend it to anyone

Ordered just I wanted and cooked perfectly

• Luxury Double Room with Balcony

Nice clean room with fantastic views. Great food and extremely helpful staff.

Wedding stay

Very convenient for local wedding we were attending. Comfortable clean accomodation.

The service and friendlyness

The service and friendlyness

Homely and comfortable

We had a basic room and my son had a much more plush room but not worth double the price that we paid in my opinion

Breakfast was excellent

Nice and peaceful

The room ,bedding and showeroom/toilet were spotless clean,plus we had very good tea and coffee making facilities

Food was fabulous, staff very helpful and genuine.

Drinks were expensive

Food was fabulous, staff very helpful and genuine.

Relaxing , staff made you welcome and food was first class , would definitely return in the future.

Nothing to dislike

Food was excellent and staff were very polite.Bed was very comfortable. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Wonderful food and Kate, the co-owner was just lovely and so...
    • Executive Double Room

Wonderful food and Kate, the co-owner was just lovely and so helpful! Thoroughly enjoyed our stay!

Good, but a bit pricey.

I found it rather expensive for what you got for example £4.00 for half pint of Peroni beer.

Pleasant staff, clean, good food

quiet and luxurious

excellent

Perfect for us, quiet, comfortable and excellent food.

All the staff made you feel so welcome. Perfect for

• Executive Double Room

The bread was not up to standard Would have preferred a morning newspaper on site

Friendliness of staff

A classy place in a lovely location
    • Executive Double Room

The room, food and staff were all super.

Comfortable but expensive for what we had

Prices were inflated

Quiet location and friendly owners

Excellent. Top quality food. Great room.

The food was first class. Genuinely first class.The owners are very attentive. Could not ask for more.

very comfortable bed and pleasant room, friendly helpful...
    • Luxury Double Room with Balcony

very comfortable bed and pleasant room, friendly helpful staff. Excellent food

Great location & grounds lovely staff comfy rooms very stained carpets need a clean or replacing som

Stained carpeting in most areas pricey for 2 night stay