Reviews of Lingmoor Guest House 3 stars

7 High Street, Windermere, LA23 1AF, United Kingdom

#49 of 75 B&Bs and Inns in Windermere

Breakfast good but wouldnt return or recomemnd due to lack of slep and road noise and location .
    • Double Room 2

Size of bathroom-too small. Noise of street -window double glazing not good enough and you couldn't leave the window open Car parking on street not what I expected

Breakfast was lovely -not much choice but well executed

Reasonable.
    • Double Room - Room 4

Stairs in the place and a lack of parking made it difficult with a suitcase.

It was a fairly reasonable place to stay, but a lot of stairs to consider with a suitcase. Owners were nice.

Breakfast was lovely and Paula was so helpful and such a...
    • Double Room - Room 4

The room was a bit small and window is small no good vantelation specially in hot weather

Breakfast was lovely and Paula was so helpful and such a lovely caring lady, the guest house is quite and peaceful specially at night

Fantastic!

No on site parking.

Very helpful and friendly managers. Helped with directions and planning our day. Close to transport, shops and parking. Helpful with dietary issues.

Lingmoor is just as you would expect a B&B to be in the Lake District.
    • Double Room - Room 4

It is worth mentioning that it is advertised as having free parking on booking.com which is a little misleading if this is one of the reasons you are booking... There is parking across the road for 1 hour stay between 10am - 5pm, therefore if you arrive after 6pm you can park until 10am for FREE! :) YES!!... However, please note that the parking warden is out at 09.30am and again at 09.50am.... Luckily I love to be up early and be on a morning run, and so I set off on my quest to find parking in the popular lakes first thing on the bank holiday weekend. College Road which is free parking along the road was FULL. And so it was on the back of a friendly recommendation that I parked at Broad Street, where if you park there before 9am you can park there ALL DAY FOR JUST £1!!! Brilliant! Although this did mean a little walk back down to the car upon check out... This of course is minor and I think only applicable on booking.com, but it is worth raising.

Lingmoor is absolutely lovely! Just as you would expect a bed and breakfast to be in the Lake District. Please note, with this you shouldn't expect hotel style accommodation. The rooms are just the right proportions for a bed and breakfast, not too big, not too small. In the room you will find tea and coffee making facilities, WITH BISCUITS!!! :) There is wardrobe space, a hair dryer in the top drawer, and toiletries in the bathroom which Paula restocks everyday. The shower room is also good size, although we were on the very top floor and so the shower power is lessened because of this, therefore if you like a more powerful shower I recommend that you ask to stay on a lower floor. Paula and Graham are the icing on the cake, and are absolutely fabulous hosts! They are very attentive from the moment you book through to check out! Whether it is Paula realising one of you drinks only decaf tea and then popping a little cup of decaf tea bags in the room for you or, Graham going out of his way to check traffic on the back of recent road works before our journey, and so thank you guys! PS. THE BREAKFAST IS WELL WORTH GETTING UP FOR!!

Lovely stay!
    • Double Room - Room 4

Lovely stay in a quality guest house. Room was very cosy. Paula & Graham were great and suggested some walks. Unfortunately didn’t get a chance to sample the breakfast but heard from another guest it was delicious.

Wonderful stay
    • Double Room - Room 4

We stayed for 2 nights the location is perfect right in the centre of windermere the owners we very welcoming and helpful , b and b was lovely and clean and the breakfast is first class

Excellent service with hot breakfast
    • Double Room - Room 4

We booked for the room with mountain view but stayed at the lower level so only have a view of the restaurant across the road. We didn't realise it until the 2nd day and we couldn't be bothered moving. Our fault for not realising it earlier.

The service was extremely friendly, breakfast was hot & freshly prepared, the bed was comfortable. The bathroom was a slight squeeze. The location is fantastic, it is in the middle of everything, walked around the town easily, plenty of dining options. Parking is about 1 or 2 blocks away.

Cosy and beautiful
    • Double Room 2

Nothing. We loved it all!

Beautiful house in a beautiful town. The whole experience was beatiful. The owners recommmended a lovely walk to us, which turned out to be a MUST see!!

Paula & Graham are

The pressure of shower was not enough and the bathroom was bit narrow. Feeling not warm in the midnight cos the heater was turned off.

Paula & Graham are very nice and sweet. They prepared extra blankets earl grey tea bags for us, the breakfast has achieved breakfast award.

Really clean, cosy room with really nice and helpful staff...
    • Double Room - Room 4

We had't got toilet brush. We had only just one side nightstand with lamp.

Really clean, cosy room with really nice and helpful staff and with good breakfast

Cold rooms, but clean. Good breakfast. Staff could be more friendly. No parking available as stated
    • Double Room 2

The staff who contacted me over the phone before arrival wasn’t very friendly when knew I have a toddler.she was too worried he would wet the beddings! She was also cross that I haven’t paid attention to the instructions that no children under age of 5 are welcomed into guest house , however those instructions( after going back to website) were written at the very bottom and not very clear . She was also very not friendly giving instructions about being quite when going into the guest house !!! When I made the booking it mentioned free parking available،however that wasn’t the case- the parking they meant was the public parking on the street which is allowed only for 1 hour . So this info was definitely misleading . And we also struggled to find a space to park for at least 20 minutes . The rooms were very cold at night and heating wasn’t turned on until morning time.

Nice interiors clean and good breakfast.

Very enjoyable

Only minus was the bathroom was very small

It was ideal location,the host was very friendly and very helpful..breakfast gets 10/10..beds were very comfortable..ideal place to getaway

Location and breakfast great.
    • Double Room 2

The room was facing the road so I hardly slept, but they couldn't offer another room . The double bed was not very comfy. And the shower and toilet were problematic.

Breakfast really well done. Paula was very helpful.

friendly,

We should book the other larger room.... The heating was close after 9pm... don't know why... very cold at night, especially for someone like us from torrid zone. The blanket was warm, but the room was cold.

friendly, the hotel is near train station, clean breakfast is good

It's a lovely B&B.

It's a lovely B&B. Paula is a very kind host. And the breakfast was very great, very various, and tasted really good. Very recommended!!!!!

Excellent accommodation and good central location. Plenty of good bars and places to eat.

We were lucky each evening and able to park in the road just outside the accommodation, however it is necessary to move vehicles during the day to avoid a parking ticket.

Breakfast was good with a decent serving of freshly cooked eggs, bacon and sausages. Guests were able to purchase the uniquely designed tea-pots as a memento of the stay at Lingmoor Guest House. Paula was chatty and friendly with good advice about places to eat in the village.

It was an extremely small room, facing a main intersection,...
    • Double Room 2

It was an extremely small room, facing a main intersection, it was so noisy from the cars that I could not keep the window open. If I closed the window, it was very staffy. It was also noisy from the cars during the night. It was a great disappointment since I thought that in the Lakes District it would be a calm resort.

Excellent location , friendly staffs, very clean, good comfortable room size for 3 adults.
    • Double Room 3 / Family Room

Excellent location, best host, very friendly , good breakfast, Feel warm and welcome like at home. Great owner . Very friendly and organize. Excellent response on questions using email. Quick reply and provide good information. I really enjoy our stay. Closed to train station, tour meeting place, good restaurant , grocery store, cafe. 20 minutes walk to the Windermere lake.

Lingmoor was wonderful!
    • Double Room - Room 4

No parking on site was difficult at times but we knew this before we went and the trade off was being right in the heart of town.

Paul and Graham were wonderful hosts with loads of advice on places to visit and to eat! The breakfasts were delicious and the rooms were beautifully clean.

Fantastic and warmly
    • Double Room 3 / Family Room

Very nice guesthouse for walking to the lakeside, the hoster is very kindness and warmly, she gave us good suggestions for our visiting. My daughter love the special guidance when check in, very creative!

Relaxing and enjoyable
    • Double Room - Room 4

The only problem we found was the bed was to hard for our liking. This was sorted for our second nights stay .

Everything about the place was done to a high standard. Breakfast was enjoyable and nothing was to much trouble .owners were welcoming and friendly .

Lovely stay, loved my breakfast, room and calm atmosphere. Felt like home !
    • Double Room - Room 4

It was my first stay in B&B and I couldn't be more happy. I needed one day retreat to rest before coming home after few intense days and I found all I wanted in Lingmoor house . Breakfast was delicious .View through the window superb- mountains xx

Lovely stay and most of all everyone made welcome
    • Double Room - Room 4

The only thing I thought was,instead of the blind in our room it could have done with a lovely net,the reason I say that because with the pub straight across the road,people outside from pub could see in the window and we had to keep pulling the blind down which made the room a bit dark,having a net we could still have the light in the room and no one could see in.When we were walking back to the b/b we could see into the room next to ours.

we thought that Graham and Paula were really lovely people and very informative to ourselves and other guests.could not fault the Breakfast it was so good.

Fantastic hosts, very knowledgeable about the local area and...
    • Double Room - Room 4

Shower cubicle was tiny but nice shower otherwise

Fantastic hosts, very knowledgeable about the local area and willing to give helpful advice. Breakfast was wonderful - nice to have a couple of choices alongside the traditional full English breakfast.

Lovely accommodation, great location, beautiful stay.

Our room was on the top floor of a three story home. Stairs were a little difficult to manage with luggage.

Lovely accommodations, informative hostess and great location.

Terrific breakfast!

Terrific breakfast! Awesome hospitality and thank you Paula and Graham! You are so nice and help me a lot when I am helpless! Wish I'll be back to Lingmoor one day! Thank you!

I really enjoyed my stay in the guesthouse.

I really enjoyed my stay in the guesthouse. I have booked two nights in mid May when I traveled the Lake District with my friend. We got there from London by train to Windermere station. It took us only 4 mins walk from the station to the guesthouse which is too convenient that we didn't have to carry our suitcases for a long way. It was a nice house with a garden of blossom in the front. Obviously Paula and Graham had spent some time to decorate it. Inside the facilities are clean, neat and tidy. I specially loved their little breakfast room with lovely decoration and tender lighting, looks glamours and romantic at night. The breakfast was included and tasted delicious with various options so we didn't feel bored at all. Paula has been so nice to talk to and offer us lots of help during the stay. She arranged to book a one-day tour for us to the Lake District and the price was really reasonable. The last day I checked out I have carelessly left my camera battery and charger and she has been so kind to help send them back to me and keep me updated when she has delivered and check if I have received them. Can't thank her enough for her warm reception and kind help.

The location was fantastic!
    • Double Room - Room 4

Street parking was a bit of a surprise and not quite as easy as you would think. You will have to pay for parking if you get there before 5 P.M. and again at 9 A.M., there is some free parking....taken most of the time.

The location was fantastic!!

Great we would stay there again.

We liked every thing about this Bed&Breakfast.

The LandLady made us feel very welcome.We came to run Windermere Marathon and told her this she went out of her way to get what breakfast we asked for and what ever time we wanted it for.

Good location, Good room condition, Nice host.

The hostel is really near the station. Room condition was good, and the host was really nice. She always tired to recommend the good place to us. Also, the breakfast were so good :)

Clean and nice place.
    • Double Room - Room 4

The shower is weak. Maybe it is b&b, the sound protection is not so good.

Very clean and nice room with comfortable bed. The hostess provided a lot useful information and checking to travel around.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

Clean but tiny

Never been in such a small room. You couldn't fall in the tiny shower if you tried. It was like living in a small travel camper.

Short walking distance from train station. Pubs, restaurants and convenience stores close by. Center of everything.

Nice cosy rooms with plenty of space.
    • Double Room - Room 4

Heating came on in the early morning hours, made the room extremely warm causing me to cough excessively and wake me up at early hours of the morning. Toilet had a poor flush mechanism but bathroom was lovely.

Nice cosy rooms with plenty of space. Located in a very nice area. Comfortable bed and a lovely breakfast. Very warm and welcoming staff.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

Horrible night!

I had a horrible night in a very tiny room. I payed for a room of 11 square metres and ended up in a 6 square metres with a bahroom so little I was shocked something like this exists and is rented to tourists. The width of this bathroom is of 60 cm (that's two ceramic tiles of 30/30) The distance from the sink to the wall in front of it is about 40 cm.It is imposible to bend and wash your face in it unless you let the" bathroom "door open and you are half way out of it. The DVD player is not working , remote not working, the towel I received was coming apart overall not good. I finally got to see some of the previous reviews and I know that the owners are aware of the problems raised by this room. While I agree with them that a room needs a bathroom I still don't understand why they charge the full price for it and it's not advertised as a very little room with a very small bathroom that should be a maximum of 50 £/night. Tourists would know what they are getting and willingly pay for it . As far as I am concerned I feel cheated. In all my years of travelling I did not pay 85 £/night for something like this. I still feel Customer Protection should be involved as what I booked and what I got are two completely different things. Dear owners you mentioned in previous answers to reviews that would the tourist mention the problem you would have given them a different room. Why do I need to make a case and raise this to you , when you already know the problem and you still have normal rooms available? In conclusion , I do not recommend this place to anybody , will never stay here again and I am expecting a partial refund based on false advertising!

The breakfast was plentiful.

Water pressure for the shower was really low, bad if you've long hair and want to wash it.

The breakfast was plentiful. I'm not a big morning eater, but if you are then it's definitely a big plus.

Fabulous stay!

Nothing at all !!

The breakfast was to die for !! Very very friendly and helpful staff - provided information and maps for walks around the area and restaurant recommendations. The room was clean and had a great view as well. The location was superb.

The best family run guest house we've ever stayed in.
    • Double Room - Room 4

The best family run guest house we've ever stayed in. It was so clean, had everything you could ever need and the room was brilliant, big, comfy bed with a great shower room. Highly recommend. Thank you to Paula & Graham - the breakfast was absolutely delicious :) Thank you Fiona & Steve :)

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

Lovely place to stay
    • Double Room - Room 4

We didn't find the bed comfy, there was abit of banging early in the morning. Which would spoil a lay in. The shower was very small.

We liked the facilities, everything we needed was there. Also close to the town centre. The owners were lovely and the breakfast was ok. The shower was hot and easy to use. The room was very clean and modern

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

Super B&B in Windermere, Lake District.

Nothing negative to say!

Great cooked breakfast by friendly owners. Comfy room. Great location, good knowledge of area from owners made getting around easier.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

Very welcoming accommodation!
    • Double Room - Room 4

The bed wasn't very comfortable :(

It was a very welcoming atmosphere and the breakfast was excellent! Also the room and shower room were very clean and cosy.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

• Double Room - Room 4

There were a few facilities (towel holder; drawer front) that were broken/loose which we reported. The shower wasn't particularly powerful. We were on the 2nd floor but this would not suit those with mobility problems as they were very steep. We had an issue with one staff member who 'interrogated' us when we cancelled a restaurant booking they had made for us in front of the whole breakfast room (even though we telephoned to cancel it).Very much a 'smiling viper' situation which made us feel very uncomfortable; we wouldn't return as a consequence.

The location was good, nice and central. The standard of cleanliness was good. Breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

Friendly and well located place with excellent breakfast

Permanent humming noise in the room, as if there was an air conditioning device on the outer side of the wall. A bit annoying but not enough to interfere with our sleep.

Super friendly owners and excellent breakfast. Less than 5 min away from the train station and bus stop on foot.

Great place to stay
    • Double Room 3 / Family Room

Paula and Graham were friendly and helpful. The room is neat and clean and the location of the house is superb. It is only 3-minute walk to the train station and bus stop. Strongly recommended. Btw, breakfasts were delicious as well.

• Reviewed: 11 September 2016

Lovely breakfasts at Lingmoor Guest House

Parking could have been better and also the twin room we shared could have been bigger too.

The breakfast was excellent and the couple who ran the Guest House were very welcoming and helpful. We would certainly stay there again if the room was bigger. I stayed with my son and shared a twin room

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

Location was perfect for travellers not knowing the area...
    • Double Room - Room 4

Location was perfect for travellers not knowing the area and without a car. Metres from the railway station and for food. We did a day trip which was very close to this B & B and organized for us by Lingmoor Guest House.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

Lovely stay! Great view
    • Double Room - Room 4

The bed was a little hard, as I suffer from a bad back. But still managed to sleep well.

The location was perfect, the rooms were just the right size for what we needed and lovely and clean.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

Nice location, just beside the tourist center.
    • Double Room 2

The temperature of the shower is unstable.

Nice location, just beside the tourist center. Interesting way of self check-in. The guesthouse is owned by a sweet couple and they are very friendly! Recommend you to book a Windermere tour from the guesthouse via email in advance, they can give you a discount !

Great location from which to explore the Lake District. Plan to stay several days, as we did!

Paula and Graham were wonderful hosts with a genuine interest in helping their guests. Chats, with recommendations, over breakfast were lovely.

Paula and Graham were wonderfully warm and very personable.

Just the bathroom. It was quite small.

Paula and Graham were wonderfully warm and very personable.

Very contented and happy

Good service, friendly Paula fab breakfast. She recommended to us beautiful places to go. Very happy and satisfied with our trip😘

Paula and Graham were awesome.

Paula and Graham were awesome. Nothing was a problem. Very informative on local attractions and advice. Excellent location.

Fabulous

Lovely rooms, owners are so attentive and the breakfast was excellent

Lovely place to stay
    • Double Room - Room 4

Very friendly and lovely owners! Excellent breakfast, good location!!!

Very nice helpful staff.

the beds were not so comfy, breakfast was okay

the room was bright

Great couple that own this great stay very helpful with...
    • Double Room 2

Great couple that own this great stay very helpful with sightseeing suggestions

The breakfast and location

The breakfast and location

The hosts were wonderful and location was excellent.

The hosts were wonderful and location was excellent. Loved our stay there.

Amazing !
    • Double Room - Room 4

Paula & Graham we’re so welcoming and friendly, very informative on walks and places to visit and the breakfast was fab ! 😊

owners very nice couple injoyed my stay very welcoming thanks

room was a bit cold

breakfast very nice

Really lovely

Shower could have been more powerful

Really high quality accommodation and lovely breakfast.

Guest house not to be mussed
    • Double Room - Room 4

Nothing. There were no negatives to my stay .

Very friendly owners and nothing was too much trouble for them. Breakfast was really good.

Excellent owners, great breakfast, good area.
    • Double Room - Room 4

Excellent owners, great breakfast, good area.

excellent, short but sweet

ensuite was very tight. Maybe a smaller basin ?

Room was clean and cosy. Breakfast very good.

pleasant landlady, good beds, twin room far too small

Room too small

Comfortable beds

Clean and good location
    • Double Room - Room 4

Shower would benefit with different cubicle it was dark in the corner

Clean and good location

A great stay and very knowledgeable about the area

A great stay and very knowledgeable about the area

Enjoy able break with nice hosts

A bit small bathroom

Clean

Very pleasant stay.

No lift to the 4th floor.

The location, cleanliness,& the breakfast.

Great short break.
    • Double Room - Room 4

Very clean, comfortable B&B. Delicious cooked breakfast and friendly owners.

Paula and Graham were both excellent and very friendly
    • Double Room - Room 4

apart from the low power in the shower everything else was brilliant

Paula and Graham were both excellent and very friendly

Very friendly hosts, with excellent choice of breakfast.
    • Double Room 3 / Family Room

Very friendly hosts, with excellent choice of breakfast. Would recommend and definitely stay again.

the double beds room is too small.

the double beds room is too small.

A great place to stay.

All was good.

Clean modern bedroom. Lovely staff.Great breakfast. Within easy walking to shops & train station

Lovely people, comfortable room, delicious breakfast.

Lovely people, comfortable room, delicious breakfast. Very welcoming and family friendly, my 5 year old can't wait to come back!