Reviews of Llety Ceiro Guesthouse

Lon Ceiro, Aberystwyth, SY24 5AB, United Kingdom

#9 of 20 B&Bs and Inns in Aberystwyth

Adequate. My partner was woken each morning by the 5.30am train. Line close to some of the bedrooms.

Location a bit out of the way. Marketed as Aberystwych before we left home for our holiday break. Maybe we should have investigated further.

Breakfast good

Staff were pleasant.

The driveway into the property desperately requires a good cutting back and trimming to avoid scratching and damaging car paintwork and trim. Toilet and shower needed cleaning after previous guests.

Staff were pleasant. Parking good.

I thought it was in a nice peaceful area, although more...
    • Family Room

Cleanliness of the room was not amazing. The floor didn’t look as though it had been hoovered since the last people stayed there, and the bedframe had something wiped across it.

I thought it was in a nice peaceful area, although more towards Borth than Aberystwyth really. They cooked a lovely welsh breakfast too. Male staff member at reception was very professional and helpful.

Breakfast was great.
    • Triple Room with Shower

On arrival, I was emailed that I would find a welcome pack and key on reception as nobody would be there for check-in. We were fortunate, as other guests we just returning to the guest house who had a key as we found the outside door to reception Locked. There was no bell, and we did not have a contact number. Thankfully the other guests gave us entry.

Breakfast was great.

We will return.

It would have been nice to access the bar in the evening.

The breakfast selection was good, clean and bright dining room. All food well cooked. We had a lovely country and mountain view from the bedroom which was a good size. Plenty of free parking. Easy travelling distance from Borth and Aberystwyth to take some beautiful beach walks. 4 minutes easy drive to Borth, about 10 minutes to Aberystwyth.

Overall a good visit .

Disappointed in the breakfast this time as on previous visits it has been very good. This time over cooked.

Accommodation is good. Beds comfortable. Friendly and helpful staff.

Nice Guest House on outskirts of Aberystwyth with good rooms and great breakfast

Nice staff. Breakfast really good value, were told when we sat down that as the breakfast room was full that there would be a wait for cooked breakfasts but actually they arrived very quickly and were very plentiful. Room nice and tidy and clean. Big proper towels for a change...how nice. Ample parking spaces.

Great for a short break
    • Triple Room with Shower

The property was lovely - the only gripe was with other guests really. Our room was above the entrance door & 2 guests were stood talking & smoking at about 12.30 at night, which woke me up & it was very unpleasant smelling cigarette smoke in my bedroom. Perhaps smokers could be given a dedicated area away from the main house. We did make a complaining comment on departure about the length of time it took to get our breakfast - we were served out of turn, ie, after a couple who had arrived about 15 mins after us. All in all we were in the breakfast room for 1hr 40 mins & we don't eat that slowly!! Chris listened to our constructive criticism & apologised for the delay - when breakfast actually arrived it tasted great - recommend the Glamorgan sausages.

The property was in a lovely rural location, quiet- I note others had mentioned the railway line- even with all the windows open we heard nothing. The rooms were comfortable & clean - nice bedding - decor a bit tired but we were happy enough with the facilities.

Very helpful and friendly staff.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

The bedroom which was classified as de luxe wasnt it was far too small and cramped and very hot. There was mp plug for the bath and there was too much furniture cluttering the room

Very helpful and friendly staff..good. breakfast

Disappointed
    • Deluxe Double Room

No one at reception to greet us, even though we arrived within the check-in times stated on Booking.com. Bed not very comfortable - decor was a bit tired & dated. Cleanliness not very good - cobwebs on the corners of the room. One of the windows lacked a blind or curtains of any sort, so we were awoken by the sun coming up as soon as dawn broke at about 5 am. I sent a message through Booking.com, at the time of booking the room, to ask if we could get an early breakfast, as we needed to check out early, and never even got an answer. Not worth the £100 per night tariff.

Plenty of parking - out in the country, so fairly quiet, apart from the odd train going by, right behind the property.

A total ripoff with no service and the worst night stay out of the 11 days I traveled around Wales

The Sheep screamed all night outside my window. No fan and room was like an oven. Bath was cracked. One man was apparently on duty for the place but he was outside in his mobile home and never available. The floor was dirty and the bed was not made up.

Comfort of the room, good views, close to Aberystwyth.

Hoovered under the bed

Comfort of the room, good views, close to Aberystwyth. Good breakfast. Hovered Sheep in the surrounding fields. Friendly breakfast staff.

Enjoyable stay

Picturesque country location but just 5 miles from city centre. Staff were excellent, Aaron was particularly helpful. Breakfast was great and they had two types of gluten free bread for coeliacs.

A quiet, comfortable rural location. Good value.

My room had intermittent Wi-fi reception although this is being fixed, thank you. There was plenty to eat at breakfast, if I have one niggle it’s that the coffee and bread were not to my taste.

I have stayed before so knew that it’s situated in a quiet, rural location with a view across the car park to fields with the village in the distance. Clean, comfortable and warm with a friendly, efficient welcome. Thanks Aaron and Chris. Since I last visited the decor has been improved, the fussy wallpaper has been replaced with plain colours. The location is convenient for my favourite places - Ynys Hir and Ynys Las Nature Reserves, with the Dyfi Osprey Project 15 minutes drive away. Other beautiful locations are available within easy reach. Aberywstwyth in one direction and Machynlleth in the other. Photos attached of the estuary looking across to Aberdovey and Nant yr Arian.

Arrive late, sleep and go early type of place

Outdated, not enough pressure or constant hear with the water in the shower. Had to wait to long for breakfast because the chef was alone and too many people were havung breakfast at the same time. No breakfast options too

Provided me with a room to sleep.

A Lovely place to use as a base for exploring the local area.

Lovely sized room with everything you would expect supplied. Lots of choice at breakfast and lovely cooked Welsh breakfast available to see you through to lunch. Staff were friendly and helpful and if they weren't visible, a contact number was always available to get in touch with them if there was a problem. There was plenty of parking available.

Excellent for disabled traveller.
    • Room for Disabled

Bed a little hard and lumpy, could do with a ‘topper’ perhaps.

Very welcoming host. Disabled room excellent for our needs especially the wet room. Wonderful breakfast set us up for day.

Overall a pleasant experience. We will be back, i'm sure.

Despite arriving well after 2pm our rooms were not ready. Ground coffee rather than the instant kind at breakfast, please

Excellent veggie breakfast. Comfortable surroundings and good sized rooms. Great for the dogs.

Nice and clean

I was in room 11 could hear an extractor fan like noise 24/7 and seems to be louder when in bed, I think the room is above the kitchen so could of be something in there.

The place was clean and staff very helpful. Breakfast was very nice too. Worth a stay in this place.

great place to stay and had a great time overall.
    • Deluxe Double Room

nothing was wrong at all .. just the weather !! but typically welsh !

The staff are just great .. nothing too much trouble.. The location perfect for getting around and seeing the local area .... room is exceptionally good value and would highly recommend this hotel to anyone

Lovely place great service and value!
    • Deluxe Double Room

The atmosphere during the evening meal was lacking. The room which was a delux room looked like the bathroom needed updating.

Very good breakfast on the second morning! Very helpful staff. Loved how our dog was accomodated! Great value evening meal. The beach was fantastic for our dog. Only a ten minute drive away.

Dirtiest hotel room I’ve ever stayed in. Polite staff

The bathroom was very dirty, unwashed floor and dozens of hairs. Rubbish windows, train noise was very loud. Only 1 member of staff on site and I thought it was pretty poor having to knock on his room door for service, being next to his room was disturbing because of other guests knocking for him too.

Breakfast was very tasty

I will certainly be returning. A fabulous place to stay and I would well recommend to others.

This is being very picky, but the shower/bath needs a refresh.

A beautiful warm welcome and a very comfortable stay. I truly relaxed and felt cared for.

Fabulous place to stay?!

The light switch in the bathroom was hard to find and once found the light took a while to come on.

The staff were really friendly and nothing was too much. Really relaxed environment to be in. The decor was really pretty and it was extremely clean.

Bad start with room being so cold but made amends with top notch breakfast

The rooms heating was not put on even though the temperature was in the minus degrees which meant I didn't take off my jacket for a while. And had to wrap a blanket around my legs to keep warm. The heater was very poor for this kind of weather

Breakfast was excellent

Would not stay there again
    • Deluxe Twin Room

on arrival told there was no bath,Shower was poor.No tv changer .TV had to be swapped.Breakfast table cloth not clean. Poor quality food and needed to ask for replacement items from breakfast bar

An enjoyable stay
    • Family Room

The family room was a good size and nicely laid out. The breakfast was superb, and the dining room overlooks a peaceful rural setting. Staff were very efficient.

Lovely stay would definitely return
    • Deluxe Double Room

Next to a railway line but it isn't a problem as trains do not run through the night.

Aaron very friendly and helpful.comfy bed and freshly cooked breakfast. A few miles from Aberystwyth so lovely and quiet and fine with a car.

Nice location. Sufficient Room. Lack of Staff Presence. Dodgy regarding payment!
    • Room for Disabled

I hardly saw any staff during my visit. No-one checked me in, no-one checked me out and I only saw a staff member for a few minutes at breakfast. The room was sufficient. After returning home, I had a call from the hotel querying my payment method, as my payment card had declined. I queried this with Booking.com, and soon after, payment was actually taken. Dodgy?!

The guest house had beautiful surroundings and the location was superb. The breakfast wasn't very good with a full selection of hot and cold food.

Good location, comfy accommodation and very friendly staff. Would definitely stay again.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Fresh fruit at breakfast would have been nice but otherwise everything spot on.

Friendly staff who went out of their way to make us all welcome including our Labrador. Comfy warm room and complimentary toiletries very welcome!!!

Great little place

The toilet in my room (room 2) was a bit temperamental. Didn't want to flush at times. I ran out of tea and coffee in the room. I would've liked more selection

Free brekkie included which was ace, lots of carparking. Short drive into aber or borth so if you have a car it is probably more convenient than some of the hotels in town for car parking. Etc

very good value for money; Staff obliging and interesting.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Staff very welcoming , obliging and grateful for feedback. Parking private and away from public. Quiet. There is a train-line right behind the property but the trains are very quiet,and don't run during sleeping time.

Very enjoyable stay in very nice location.

Odd cobweb in room and ensuite.

Well presented room and public areas. Beautiful open aspect, not over looked. Very comfortable beds and nice big soft towels.

A great peaceful area - will definitely book again

Ground floor room for easy access with dogs, and breakfast cooked fresh to perfection especially the Glamorgan sausage and scrambled eggs, by a hard working single member of staff

Restful.
    • Deluxe Double Room

It was a bit quiet for us, but it would be great for walkers.

The breakfast was great. The staff were lovely, we were well looked after. Thanks to all the staff.

Staff very helpful, great food, beautiful location
    • Family Room

One thing I would mention is rooms need a bit refresh in my opinion. They look like nothing been changed since opening. Everything was clean though so we can not really moan.

Staff very helpful, great food, beautiful location

Our stay was fabulous from the start despite the rain.
    • Room for Disabled

Nothing that I can think of.

Our room was spacious and comfortable. The staff were very friendly. The breakfast was scrumptious and plenty of it. As it didn't serve food for the rest of the day, we were told that we could order food in or buy our own and use their kitchen. As we were out all day we did not need to take advantage of this offer. We would certainly like to go back again. Oh , Wi-Fi was good too.

Quite pleasant with a good breakfast and friendly staff

The room was a bit chilly when we arrived. We had difficulty locating the room. The instructions could have been simpler

The room was comfortable and cosy in size

Good stay, rubbish checkout
    • Deluxe Double Room

The booking process was only half complete and so I had to pay again to check out. seems to be an issue with Booking.com rather than the hotel, so having to claim back over payment from them. Painful...

good food, clean well provided room, toiletries also provided.

Pleasant enough but housekeeping needs to be improved and need a back-up plan for staff cover.

Dirty glasses and coffee cups were still there when we returned later on the day after arrival and tea/coffee not replenished. Room was never vacuumed the whole time we were there - 3 days. Towels were never changed although that wasn't a problem as room had a heated towel rail. We had to wait for nearly two hours to get our breakfast one day, as they were one member of staff down due to illness and the hotel was full with guests. Need back up plan for emergency cover in future as some people were getting very annoyed. Did get a £5 refund for this.

Parking v. good, location was lovely with great views. Overall rooms clean and tidy. Would go back in spite of house keeping issues and staffing issues. But they need to be more prepared for staff absence emegerncies when hotel is busy,

Very enjoyable, would return.

Breakfast could have been a bit better, eg better quality bread and percolated coffee; everything else fine.

Aaron was an excellent host, very polite and extremely helpful. Bed extremely comfortable and rooms perfect temperature. Very clean, excellent accommodation and facilities.

Aaron , he is a star, so helpful and accommodating in every...

Having to reconcile myself to the fact that there is no provision for a reasonably priced evening meal. But thanks to Aaron, we were able to make an alternative arrangement.

Aaron , he is a star, so helpful and accommodating in every particular. He makes sure that everything is first class.

Very pleasant , would definitely stay again. Very good value for money.

Not always staff present in reception however available 24 hrs by ringing mobile number and a staff member lived on site in a caravan.

First rate breakfast- well cooked and all tastes catered for. Good for families, couples etc. Rooms were comfortable and clean. Staff offered help on where we could eat in the evenings and even said they didn't mind you ordering a take-away and eating it in the lounge.

Lovely hotel, making a real effort, would stay again.
    • Family Room

Location slightly remote, although only a 10 minute drive to Aberystwyth. Hotel room well apportioned, clean and comfortable. However, the decor is a little tired, (e.g. curtains wrong size for window) so might benefit from a spruce up. Wouldn't cost much to make it look special.

Our host Aaron was first rate. Friendly, accommodating and polite. Nothing was too much effort.

Nice comfortable guesthouse

Would have liked a restaurant on site

Nice comfortable guesthouse surrounded by country views about 3-4 miles away from Aberystwyth but no restaurant so definitely need a car to get around. Friendly staff. Good breakfast. Enjoyed our stay

The stay was okay but I wouldn't stay again.
    • Triple Room with Shower

The restaurant was not open in the evenings, the bar was only open on request, the location was in a pretty setting but we had to travel by car to the nearest pub/restaurant. The cleanliness was okay but needed a thorough cleaning as there was dust on the sockets, pipes, windowsills etc. We were located at the back of the property and the window needed replacing as it was draughty and very noisy when the train was passing. One good thing was there were earplugs available on request. The bedroom was a double room that had a double and single bed in which meant the double was very close to one of the walls and I had to climb over my partner when I wanted to get out of bed. Around the site there has been some building work started but never completed.

Aaron was a really busy guy and seemed to do most of the work himself. He was really helpful, hard-working and efficient but needs more support from his team.

A great place to staye.

Nothing.We had a great time.

Very comfortable bed.Well placed mirrors to enable hair styling etc -Always a bonus for ladies. Very helpful staff. Great breakfast.

Accomadation was lovely, be warned if you stay in the back rooms you do have the noise of the train

That there was no restaurant on site. You had to either eat before you arrived or go back out again for a main meal and after a long day working it was a bit of a pain.

The staff were very helpful, wi fi was working and the breakfast room was set in a conservatory overlooking the hills.

Staff were friendly.

Stayed for weekend. Bins weren't emptied. Towels were not replaced. Big wait on breakfast as only 1 staff working. Staff seemed to have friends over which made it quite uncomfortable to ask questions or sit in communal area. Bathroom not clean. Rubbish under beds.

Staff were friendly. Breakfast was nice. Location good. Facilities as expected.

Welcoming,clean and friendly.

Leaving the place!

Our host Aaron was amazing, nothing was too much trouble, a genuinely friendly helpful manager. Gave us plenty of information on arrival, even places to eat and walk our dog. Breakfast was 1st class. We will definitely be returning. Thank you Aaron xx

Very disappointed
    • Deluxe Double Room

Long curly hair in my cooked breakfast which put my husband and myself off. The amount of time waiting for breakfast and they forgot half the food. The bar being closed etc The bed was very lumpy The tv very small The trains going past on the track next to the guesthouse which we were told was abandoned. The broken desk in the room that was supposed to be Luxury!!! This was not a luxury room. No flowers chocolates cheese board or anything what we asked for for our 15th Wedding Anniversary Very very disappointed and misleading Do not think we will book with you again.

Clean room. Open countryside.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Ok for one night stay

A bit hard to find. Railway very near --> some noise. Room was smallish. Restaurant was not operating when we visited.

Lovely lady serving breakfast. ❤

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Excellent countryside hotel

A bit isolated so apart from one pub that serves until 9 pm you have to go to town to eat etc Breakfast from 8 am only

Nice, big and tidy room with bathroom, more than spaceenough place for two No traffic so very quiet Tea & coffee in the room MMorning breakfast has a very vast choice (all sorts of eggs, toasts - real english breakfast but if you don't want it there are alternatives) : a real good start for the day Parking is private and no difficulty to find a spot

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Value for money!
    • Room for Disabled

There was bin bag left in our room and towel weren't prepared but only minor thing. Everything else was pleasant and value for money.

Good service. Aaron was very friendly and ran it single handed. Nice rooms.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Nice, very nice.

Showers and behind toilet doors need to be cleaner.

Aaron was spectacular, looking after all of our needs. You need to hang on to this guy if you can. My sister and law wanted to take him back to Australia with her.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

I liked the location is perfect if you want to relax not far...

I liked the location is perfect if you want to relax not far from aberystwyth 10 minutes with a car The receptionist was helpful and gave us good tips about what is worth visiting in the area The children really enjoyed there I will go again

Random location, clean and comfortable, building work directly outside.
    • Family Room

There was a building site right outside the property. It was dated. The bath had a very dangerous hot water tap which was a struggle to turn off and the nearest beach was disappointing.

The man on reception was helpful. The breakfast was ok. The room was clean.

Very relaxed quiet place to stay - fab!
    • Deluxe Double Room

Very relaxed quiet place to stay. Felt like home away from home with friendly staff and amazing breakfast! tasteful and a little quirky, will definitely stay again and recommend to friends :)

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

A good location.

There was a background noise of a pump running, then switching off, then on again. This was during the night. It did not stop us from sleeping. Just an awareness during the quiet if the nigbt.

Aarran was especially helpful.

Had a love time relaxing
    • Family Room

I could not say that I did not like anything because all was good

We loved the bedroom it was lager enough for all four of us nice to watch the TVs and relax the bath was fantastic all air bubbles nice and hot water all the towels were white clean and soft the beds were comfy and clean nice and warm room if we wanted anything we just phoned Aarron and he would come to us very helpful at any time the food was really good 10 out of 10

Nice Hotel

The post code of the address is for the whole area, so the car navigator doesn't exactly take you to the property, and if you are driving at night it could be challenging to find the hotel. We were lucky to find someone who showed us the right direction.

Aaron at Reception was very helpful and friendly, he took very good care of us during our stay, took extra efforts and shared the information about places to see around Aberystwyth. Breakfast was decent, one of the rooms we booked had Jaccuzzi which was awesome.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

We would use it again as it fitted our purpose

Some of the fixtures and fittings were a little " tired " ie the shoer door was ill fitting and the shower tray wanted cleaning .

Nice location with good parking facilities

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

5min from work for us.

It's very close to the train line.It did not bother us,

5min from work for us.. It's halfway between Aberystwyth and Borth. Ynys_las sand dunes are a must walk and see. All the tea we could drink,we like tea.

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

lovely place to stay will be back
    • Triple Room with Shower

room a bit too warm on the first night until we got to grips with the heating controls

The staff were really friendly and gave excellent service and were really helpful. Best nights sleep in a hotel for a long time and a lovely location with views of coutryside.

Wonderful stay!

Nothing. Everything was fantastic!

I visited with my mother and stepfather. We booked a twin room for myself and the disabled room for my mother and stepfather and he is in a wheelchair. We had a wonderfully pleasant stay. Both of the rooms were absolutely spotless and presently very well. We stayed for two nights and had breakfast each morning. Everything was prepared exactly as we asked, including a lovely vegetarian breakfast for myself. The location of the hotel is wonderful. It's just far enough off the main road that it was easy to find but far enough that there was no noise disturbance. There is a train track behind the hotel but again there was no noise disturbance. We were greeted and served by Aaron. He was very welcoming and accommodating. We didn't need to contact him whilst we were settled in out rooms but we were given a number of ways to contact him should we have needed to. It was great to stay somewhere so serene that was fully disabled friendly as well as this is difficult to come by. The location is marvellous also. It's very peaceful but only about a 10 minutes drive from Aberystwyth centre. There are a couple of local pubs nearby as well as a Spar for anything you need. I would definately recommend this place and will certainly stay again if we are in the area.

very good hotel
    • Deluxe Double Room

Would have loved more hot water as it ran out early evening and in the morning we both had to wash in cold.

As we have arthritis a memory foam mattress would have been better. The mattress was adequate. Lovely pleasant staff, excellent breakfast, nice ,smart room.Lovely whirlpool bath and an electric shower All in all a good stay.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

Good value for money

Cooked breakfast not served until 8.00 am, which was too late as I had to leave by 7.30am. There was however, coffee & cereal available at this time

All very clean and good value for money

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

Wonderful relaxing break

Instructions on how to turn on the Jacuzzi bath.

Beautiful surroundings and the perfect destination for us visiting family in Wales. Lovely comfortable rooms and delicious filling breakfast...will be back later in the year. We were very lucky to have gorgeous weather in February! Coffee shop just down the road.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

Great place, great staff, great value, great win!

Brilliant value and service. We'll definitely be use this hotel again .... Wakefield Whirlwinds Wheelchair Basketball Club. (ps. We followed up our stax with a good win over West Coast Warriors, Aberystwyth!)

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

best guesthouse i'v stayed in for a long time

Llety Ceiro Guesthouse was so friendly and clean the bed was comfortable the breakfast was a delight i will be staying again and be telling others if they want a lovely place to stay this is it

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

4.0
    Nice breakfast, but place needs a good clean
    • Room for Disabled

Room smelt strongly of dogs which was almost unbearable. Whole place needs a deep clean.

Excellent breakfast. Food was tasty and there was penty of it. Owner was very accommodating and attentive.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Perfect for one night, good value and very pretty location

The wood floors and fire doors made it quite noisy so we were woken up by people moving about early.

Very helpful and accommodating staff. Lovely breakfast. Very pretty location

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

Never Again
    • Deluxe Double Room

cold room unlit dirt track to the B&B No wi fi information in the bedroom Breakfast didn't start until 8.00am

not much it was overpriced for what it was

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Cheap, but not clean

The room was not clean (even considering the low price) - there were lots of hairs in the bed, interesting sticky marks on the bathroom floor, the carpet hadn't been vacuumed, and the toilet hadn't been flushed before I got there. The kettle lid kept coming off and pouring water everywhere, and there was black mould inside it. The car park lights were off, and it was very dark. I've stayed there before a few times, but there has been a marked decline in standards since my last visit.

A reasonable price for the location

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

Welcoming staff and comfortable rooms with everything you could want provided.

Outside of property looked like a building site and needed a bit of a spruce up. Unfortunately most of the guests came in for breakfast at same time and it was difficult for Aaron to cope on his own and there was a little delay in ordering breakfast. Also would have liked more variety of fruit offered - unable to eat grapefruit. Also fruit juice cheap variety and a little watery and tasteless.

Aaron very welcoming and helpful, lovely room, comfortable bed, lovely soft towels. Enjoyable breakfast which arrived promptly once ordered. Nice big tv in room and iron and hairdryer welcome additions.