Reviews of Loch Ness Lodge Hotel 3 stars

#9 of 11 hotels in Drumnadrochit

6.1

5.1

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

The whole tartan experience!

Nothing really.

Loved this place! Full of character and tartan! Rooms small as expected but clean and adequate. Loved the tartan decor. Dinner was fabulous. I'm a vegan, catered well for me, dinner and bar staff attentive and friendly. Breakfast was great too! Highly recommended if you want to stay in a lovely old hotel.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

Overpriced and in need of refurb

Only heating options in the room was an electric heater with a plug attached to a timer, which means it would switch off after an hour or so. I was travelling with my baby, essentially my baby slept in a cold room for most of the night. Awful! Overpriced food in restaurant - no complaints about the quality of the dishes just too expensive for what it was. Whole hotel needs some money spent on it - has real potential to be a fantastic place.

Staff friendly. Superb breakfast with a good selection of both hot and cold.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Good food from Resturant, great service at the bar

Outdated, view of a roof, terrible shower from burning to freezing, with my head touching the ceiling, not the best breakfast with unfriendly staff, for the money expected more, photos oversold it!

Good food from Resturant, great service at the bar

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

6.0
    Comfortable enough for one night stay.

The building is very dated and tired which I was expecting having read other reviews. However, the price does not reflect this. I feel the price is far too high given the condition of the place. Croissants could have been served warm in the morning and real cups/mugs should be in the rooms for teas and coffees, not the cardboard take-away cups provided.

Staff were decent and the place was clean. Great central location.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

Very disappointing

On arrival I went to reception & introduced myself, the reply was “hello, that will be £113 please!” After completing a 12 day trip & staying at a different location each night, this was the only place I was asked for payment up front. I was then given my key and pointed in the direction of my room. The view from my executive suite was of the car park & not of Urquhart Castle as eluded on the booking web site. If you loved the 1970’s then this is the place for you! The room had built in furniture made of plywood stained dark brown with light wood Louvre doors. The bathroom suite colour can only be described as baby poo brown & whoever did the sealant, especially around the bath should be ashamed of themselves. My 5 year old Granddaughter could do a better job. Later that evening I went to the dining room for dinner. The food was good but was ruined when a large coach party of Americans entered and began moving furniture around before spending the next 90 minutes conducting a quiz complete with shouting & cheering throughout the questions & answer phases. Peaceful it was NOT & the few people who were dining left very quickly on finishing eating. The next morning I was woken by a large coach running its engine outside my bedroom window for over an hour. Breakfast was served from 8 so I went down as 8:30. Food & drink was self service & on going to the hot buffet, found very little left as the coach party had already gone through. I chose this hotel for my last night as a treat before going home and a change from B&B accommodation I had used on the previous 11 nights. Most of those were far superior to this hotel & most half the price. Not a very good end to what had been a great holiday. Very disappointing & over priced.

We love the character and cosiness of the Lodge. An enjoyable stay.

The water pressure is not great for having a shower but the rooms we stayed in also had the choice of a bath. We like to have our room cool so would have been happier if we could have turned our radiator down or off but unfortunately we weren't able to in the room we stayed in most recently.

The decor in the bar and restaurant was traditionally Scottish. Food was fabulous. The log fire in the sitting area of the restaurant allows the cosy atmosphere. There were ample bottles of whiskey too choose from. There is plenty of choice in buffet breakfast which is very nice. The staff are friendly and the rooms are clean. The tartan carpets are an atttactive Scottish touch. We have stayed there 3 times now and will be returning.

Lovely hotel, lovely staff

Even though we had a problem with our room it was promptly and professionally resolved

The location is lovely, the hotel itself was everything you imagine a traditional Scottish lodge to be. The staff were friendly, the room had tea, coffee and hot chocolate. Breakfast was lovely in a dining room with view to the garden. Very pleasant

Not that great
    • Superior Twin Room

Room was small for a twin. Pillows lumpy. Room was cold. They ran out of eggs. It would have been nice if they made me aware when these were replenished. I did not like the paper cups in bedroom with tea making facilities. Is it usual to be asked to pay in advance? Although that wasn’t a problem. Maybe it is common practice.

The water was piping hot. Breakfast was self service. Sausages and bacon were good quality. The bar man was particularly friendly and knowledgeable.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Our room needed vacuumed and cleaned, unhappy, expected better.

Our room felt as if it hadn’t been used in a very,very long time. Floors needs vacuuming and dust was on lampshades and sills. Felt a bit icky. Needs a good refurbish to bring it up to date.

Staff were friendly. Bed was comfortable. Breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Great Location, great bar and restaurant area.

Our bedroom however was well overdue a refurbishment. Anaglyta wallpaper was ok for 1972. The bedroom furnishings looked tired and very dated.

Great Location, great bar and restaurant area. Open fire in the bar made it very cosy.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

It was OK, have stayed in better

Staff weren't the most helpful and the bar service was very slow due to there only being one person serving. Breakfast was 'average' at best

Bedrooms were lovely, bed was comfy and the room was clean. Good tea & coffee facilities

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

No value for money. Half your prices or upgrade this hotel into the 21st century.

The hotel is very outdated. Seen its best years in the 70s. The room is clean but thats the only positive thing about it. This would not be a problem for a 2 star hotel for 60GBP. But we paid around 125 which is way too much for this hotel.

Location is nice. The restaurant is reasonably good. nice meals good service from the Ozzie in the restaurant.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Quite a lovely stay.

The wifi wasn’t working and had to use my own credit to call people at home.

The bar & restaurant area was ver charming & so comfortable to sit in. Food was delicious.

Great accommodation in the woods

Village although very nice is just a "holiday" resort. Not many restaurants/pubs close by. Very quiet place on a Sunday evening. The nessie shop next door.

Hotel is settled in a very nice setting in the woods just above the Loch-ness and the village. Uruqhart Castle is very close by car. Rooms are a little outdated but the ambiance is great (its a lodge after all). Rooms are well equipped and bathrooms well fitted and modernized. They catered well our large company (nine people/four rooms) although it was a really last minute booking. Large parking is available to tenants. We had dinner in the pub/restaurant next door (conjoinned business?) which also surpassed our expectations. Simple but great dishes prepared with local ingredients. Breakfast is served in a different room with nice view to the forest. Its a full traditional English breakfast of good quality products. The head-manager lady makes sure everything runs smoothly and everyone is happy and served fast despite the large crowds (hotel was full at our visit).

The lounge and bar area are extremely cosy and comfortable...

It was our fault for not realising this, but the hotel is part of the Nessieland, right in the center of Nessie tourism in Drumnadrochit. The food in the restaurant was good (not excellent), but a little expensive compared to other places.

The lounge and bar area are extremely cosy and comfortable and the staff is very friendly.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Would not return nor indeed recommend

The rooms were so dated that they felt unclean. The bathroom of one of the rooms was mustard and I don't think it would ever look clean. The shower was nothing short of pathetic with virtually no pressure and either scalding or freezing! There was a large patch in the bathroom floor which felt as though you could fall through it. The evening meal, although lovely when it arrived, proved to be a comedy of errors with one starter never arriving, the Leek and potato soup actually being lentil, half the drinks we ordered were "out of stock" and then being charged for an extra steak. The hotel is not as portrayed in the photos of the Booking.com website and certainly does not warrant the prices they are charging per night. Not a hotel I any us would return to or indeed recommend - look elsewhere if you want a clean fresh room and en-suite!

We required our breakfast at 07.00 due to the fact that we were participating in a charity event. The hotel do not normally serve breakfast until 08.00 but they kindly accommodated us.

It looked very nice from the exterior and the lobby.

Found the rooms decor to be a little creepy and the pillows were like rocks. The waiter who served us for our evening meal was going round being so helpful to everybody else but us. We felt a bit excluded in the corner and nobody came to ask us if everything was okay with our food, although they were asking every other table. Tried to make conversation with him but he turned his back to us and started speaking to somebody else like he wasn’t even interested.

It looked very nice from the exterior and the lobby. The dining area was also very nice and breakfast was lovely. The checkout lady was so friendly and helpful.

Disappointing.

I didn't like the decor throughout the hotel. I thought the bathroom was small. And there were no ceramic cups in our room on the tea/coffee tray. The wifi internet in our room was non-existant.

The location was good for us because it was on the very limits of Drumnadrochit.

Never again

The bath had a tidy mark and hadn't been cleaned properly. When your paying £107 per room per night I expect to get a proper cup in our room to have tea and coffee as it was we had a paper cup per person which was single use. The restaurant looked like a furniture show room. I've never seen so many brown dated leather sofas In The one place in all my life. I've yet to see a member of staff crack a smile and the breakfast was fine unless you wanted a potato scone. You could have bounced them off the floor. Won't be back. Shocking value for money.

Leaving

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Warm and welcoming

The only thing I can really say anything bad about was the shower temp, it was hard to get it right you are either burning or cold.

The entrance was beautiful with its wooden carved doors, the staff are welcoming giving us advice and telling us where we can go. Breakfast was lovely, it's a breakfast buffet.

No value the money
    • Family Room

The room was without heat. The doors and especially to the balcony was on 70's. The staff was not very experience. The balcony was uncleaned.

Only the location

Pillows were too hard. Restaurant was ill prepared for amount of guests booked into hotel. Long wait for table and food .

Location..history of the hotel.

Very disappointed with this hotel! Unprofessional reservation staff and management!

The moment we arrived to the hotel, after hours of driving, the front desk lady tells us our room was overbooked and that we needed to go to another hotel that they had picked for us. I had had a reservation for months and they only shared this information with me on the same day via email, which I never checked until later. I was so upset but we thought maybe the other hotel would be about the same so we gave it a chance. We had to drive out of town in the middle of nowhere, to find out that this hotel wasn't even close to what we were paying. So we went back to Loch Ness Lodge Hotel and told them they had to do better than that. Finally, they gave us a room at the hotel. I am not sure how they managed that, maybe leaving somebody else out instead. We thought this was so unprofessional. The room lacked of cleanliness. Found a sock under a chair and the room had a smell too. We wasted a couple of hours going back and forth and lost time we could have spent enjoying ourselves. We never got an apology from management, so the next day we just had a quick breakfast and left that place as soon as possible. Very disappointing! It looks like a nice hotel from the outside but is definitely dated in the inside. I would not recommend this hotel.

The location of this hotel is great! Walking distance from the village. And a nice view! Close from hiking areas and also to Loch Ness. Breakfast was ok, but not as expected.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Nice spot

Right next to local attractions and was very easy to find. The hotel had a great warmth to it with the tartan flooring and the timber panels. Food at the restaurant was delicious, as was the provided breakfast too.

Stay elsewhere in Drumnadrochit

Avoid this place, there are plenty of other hotels, guest houses and B&B's in the area that would be better. Emailed ahead of time to request an early check in if possible. Email went unanswered. When we arrived to the hotel at 2pm the receptionist couldn't be less bothered. We explained we had emailed ahead of time but she still didn't acknowledge this and just pointed at a laminated sign at the desk that check in is at 3pm. Asked to leave our bags, this was allowed. We went for lunch and were allowed to check in at 3pm. The reception is in the main building and has a nice character to it, the 70's style add on where our bedroom was is just awful. The room and bedroom were so dated & tatty. There was a huge wardrobe that takes over the room and blocks some of the TV. There is a plug in heater next to the bed. Small kettle with paper cups and plastic spoons. The room stank of overpowering floral air freshener. Wifi does not work in the room. Breakfast was included, it is a buffet setup and starts at 8. We were there at 8 and the breakfast was lukewarm & some if it was cold.

Location is great. Parking available onsite. Main building looks great with a nice seating area where the wifi works.

Avoid!!!!

The bed was the most uncomfortable old mattress I have ever slept on. My partners side was a little better, but I could feel the springs through it & there was something under the middle which made it sit a little higher & harder. Told reception to said that no one else had complained. I’d be interested to know if anything has been done, or if anyone even checks. I suspect they do know... this was room 106, right above reception. The toilet seat was not secure so moved every time you did. Next door to some tacky Nessieland place, which didn’t help parking.

Staff at check in were very nice.

friendly staff and good enough. dont think we would return to loch ness though.
    • Family Room

the room was a bit dated, noise from the pipes in the bathroom.

The location of the hotel is great. The Staff were friendly and welcoming, and the breakfast was good.

Disappointing.

Fire extinguishers not maintained since 2105, fire door opening onto steep staircase, fire doors held open on brackets not connected to the fire alarm, walls/ceilings extensively lined with timber, very dated bedrooms and bathrooms, staff generally unfriendly. I wasn’t asked how my stay was when I checked out. Perhaps the staff are too afraid to ask? - very overpriced for the standard of accommodation.

Pleasant bar and restaurant although I did not sample the food.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Comfortable but slightly disappointed

Restaurant overpriced and outdoor areas very run down and neglected. The adjoining Nessieland attraction was disappointing with a play area that fell way short of expectations. Could be really nice with a little tic.

Good sized room for one adult and two children.

What a nightmare !!

The room my sister and I had was very damp and cold, you could smell it as you walked in. I wish I hadn't paid when we'd first got our key, as I would of cancelled it. The bathroom had very poor ventilation, it was also damp. The biggest problem I had was feeling itchy in the bed. I dread to think. I will not be recommending this hotel.

I would not stay here again

hotel was traditional .

hotel was traditional .Room was spacious with plenty of wardrobe space. Restaurant had a varied menu and was very good. Breakfast had everything you could want and excellent. plenty to do within walking distance.

Very comfortable and close to nearby attractions.
    • Superior Twin Room

For me I needed more light. I was there for work purposes and needed good lighting. If this isn't an issue for you then you will be perfectly fine.

The staff were very friendly and it was very close to Loch Ness. I did appreciate the property were available at any time should something need attending to.

Really enjoyable!!

After reading other reviews post booking we were a little apprehensive (after coming from Devon to visit Loch Ness). We needn’t have worried. We had a fantastic stay, traditional decor, fabulous food in the restaurant (I mean really outstanding evening meal). The breakfast was also fantastic. Beautiful location. The staff were so friendly and helpful (we booked a twin room as this was the last room available on booking.com but the lovely lady at reception changed us to a double room).

Decent stay, nice location and view.

It's a little worn (but very clean)-- not quite the quaint and cozy spot it seemed from the pictures. It could use a little TLC. The mattress was awful though-- lumpy and soft. Nessieland is literally next door and that's definitely a tourist trap --- avoid!!

Really nice view over the hills around Loch Ness-- though you can't see the loch itself. It's up on a hill above the main part of the town. The town is walking distance -- not that there's too terribly much there. The whiskey bar has a nice selection and the bartendress was lovely - it's also open on the late side, which is kind of nice. Also the included breakfast in the morning is fantastic -- really great selection of hot and cold options.

Relaxing, comfortable and enjoyable stay.

Booked two twin rooms but were on opposite sides of hotel to each other rather than adjacent to each other.

Location of hotel and friendliness of staff

Convenient location and outstanding staff.

The area is a little busy if you are looking for a relaxing get away, which we weren't. The hotel is comfortable, clean and convenient.

I can't say enough about the staff. Each and every one of them was friendly, accommodating and went out of the way to make our stay enjoyable and ensure we had everything we needed. What a pleasure to consistently be greeted with a smile and a positive attitude! The hotel itself is quaint and ideal for exploring the area.

Won't stay there again.

Hair drier in the bathroom didn't work and the shower wasn't very warm at all. When mentioned to staff the next day they didn't appear to be too bothered and there was no apology, just said "I'll let someone know". Not a good enough answer for a paying guest.

Room very spacious.

Very disappointing, someone is really letting this hotel down

for £105 a night for the room I would have expected it to be in a far better decorative state. Rooms done out in a style I do not think was ever in fashion and clearly not been updated for at least 30 years. Although the room was perfectly clean enough the decor of the rooms and the hotel just made everything look grubby and dingy. You could see that some new items had been bought for the room but what would have helped considerably would have been that the old tired wall covering and all the red/orange/brown woodwork which is everywhere had been given a a few coats of paint in some unoffensive muted colours to match the newer pieces of furniture- this would improve the whole place by making it seem brighter, cleaner and brought it into the 21st century. They could also do with chucking out some of the old furniture at the same time as it is not required and makes the place seem unnecessarily cramped. There are chairs lining the hallway/stairwell in the Orchard wing that would have looked old, grubby and dated in the sun lounge of a 1970s old peoples home, they served no real purpose other than to make the place look cluttered, tired and uncared for. To some it may be a bonus that the rooms have enough closet space to fit not only your own entire wardrobe but also that of the rest of your extended family but to be honest i can never see a situation where that much space would be needed by anyone in a hotel like this and it is just oppressive and makes the room seem smaller. Such a shame because the staff where so friendly and the food of a good enough standard and the cleaners are doing a good job with what they have to work with but the rooms just gave the feeling that it was a hotel that no one had cared about or had any enthusiasm for for the last 30 - 40 years and no real effort had been made for that amount of time either.

The food was good and generous portions, maybe a little overpriced but then I would expect that given the location and the staff were very pleasant and helpful. Good selection of TV Channels

A little odd but great service

The property is in need of an update however what it lacks in modern facilities, it is clean and the people who operate the hotel are amazing. Tentative, quick and eager for you to enjoy your stay. I would go back.

Where to start...... Bookers beware

The room was filthy the receptionist was quite ignorant and the smell of mould from the 70s time capsule was horrendous also Loch Ness wasn't in site of it if I could score it 0 then I would

It looks pretty impressive from the outside

The location.

Bathroom was filthy. Needed staff to return to clean. No WiFi in room...only in lounge. Poor communication with initial front desk staff. It was almost like she couldn't be bothered.

The location.

Friendly staff.

I didn't request a cot before we arrived but I did book a room for myself, huband and little girl but there was no cot available. So my toddler had to sleep in bed with us.

Friendly staff. Great location.

American Horror Story

This place was like walking into a horror flick. The pictures don't match AT ALL. The floor is old checkerboard carpeting and the stairs to the room felt like old camp stairs that may or may not hold together. This place was creepy and dark. It will forever be known as the American Horror Story hotel. The rooms were full of old furniture and the bathroom was not a comfortable experience. The showers ran hot and cold. There are at least 20 overstuffed couches in the bar area and the service was bizarre. No one quite knew what they were doing. The whole restaurant was uncomfortable and awkward. This is one of those hotels where you can't quit laughing afterwards. It became the joke of our vacation. It looks like there is vine terraces growing on the outside of a Tudor on the photo. The tudor is painted on the building. The Nessie museum next door is one of those "year's old flintstone type". We like stuff like that. But, I don't think you would want to take your kid there. The Nessie's out front are cheesy but cool. BTW this is NOWHERE near the lock. There is ANOTHER place with the same name but it has Lodge behind it. We passed it. Right on the water and looked really nice. There is one other place to stay in the town. But I have to say... the town itself was a bit bizarre.

The creepy museum right next door.

Could have been better.

Delay at check-in frustrating. Take away cup in bedroom instead of real cup/mug. Hotel in good location in Drumnadrochit but unexpectedly attached to unattractive tourist attraction. Also at breakfast, if you wanted toast you had to make this yourself and one of the toasters was not working properly, resulting in a queue for the other toaster.

Continental breakfast offered nice croissant and pastries. Drumnadrochit charming.

DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL

This was one of the worst hotels I ever stayed in. The photos on booking.com do not reflect the reality at all and I do not even know where to start with my review! The price is totally over the top for what is offered or better for what you did not book but get in the end. (1) The house may look nice from outside, but inside everything is just old and messy and not taken care of. From outside you have the Impression that it is an old and kind of romantic hotel, but inside you get a completely different impression. There is tartan everywhere, but nothing matches with each other. Everything seems messy and put together randomly. It might have been a nice place at one time, but these times are definitely over. (2) When entering the rooms you have the feeling of time travelling to the 70s or 80s. They looked as if nothing has been done since then. Everything seemed old and used. None of the room doors seems to close properly, i.e. there is three centimeters gap on the bottom of each door, so you definitely hear everything happening in the neighbouring rooms and you will be heard as well. The beds seemed to be camping beds rather than proper hotel beds (a foldable metall structure that was not even covered completely with the sheets). (3) One of the sidetables of the bed was facing the door instead of the bed (laying in bed you only saw the dirty backside of the side table and could not access the drawers). The lamp of the other side table had no connection outlet next to it. We had to move the bed to find a plug, but when connecting it there was a strange electrocution sound and it started to smell burnt. Only half of the lamps in the room worked at all. (4) The position of the TV was not towards the bed or any seating option in the room, i.e. you could only watch TV standing in the room. (5) There was an electrical heater you could plug in for the room and it heated the room pretty well.

There is not much positive to say about this place except that the staff were friendly, but even this did not help to make the stay bearable.

Goood tradional country charm

The facilities need a re vamp. And a few simple cheap additions would improve the rooms. I couldn't see in the shower due to lighting, deep green tiles and a dark green shower curtain- a white one would have solved that one. Toilet seat slid to the side when you sat down... ouch! The lamps in the bedroom- shades were bigger than the bedside tables so the lamps threatened to topple over. No wifi apart from in a public space

Friendly staff, good food and location

Amazing location for the exhibition centre.

No internet in the bedroom, but available only in the bar and reception areas

Amazing location for the exhibition centre. Just next door. Few mins drive to Urquhart Castle a must see.

Hotel in need of upgrade.

Decor was from 70’s, paper cups for hot drinks in room, bar missing from bed, dark bathroom, dark room, thin ceilings, cold room with a portable electric heater as only heat source in room.

Free parking and warm croissant.

Where's Nessie

It was recommended at check in to book for dinner if we wanted to eat in hotel's restaurant in case it got busy. What a joke. Restaurant pretty empty. Saw people come in and sit at tables but due to lack of service got up and left. One party were asked if they had made a booking! Meal was nice but one guy behind the bar and one waiter. Not very good service.

The hotel is old but has character, it is in township so easy walking distance to shops. Room big and roomy, comfortable bed. Love tartan carpet. Breakfast was very good.

The hotel was fine to stay on night, the room we were in was...

The colour scheme.

The hotel was fine to stay on night, the room we were in was very dated. It’s a longtime since I’ve ive seen a mushroom coloured suite in the bathroom. The food was good and the staff were very friendly and helpful.

Nice hotel with great restaurant

Parking is shared with a tourist place next door which is a pain and the restaurant can be busy so if you get there a bit later in the day parking isn’t great. The rooms have been done up but didn’t appear to have air conditioning (ok it is Scotland but the room we were in opened into the car park so not ideal...). Also expect the wi-fi to be pretty non existent- however this is pretty standard across most areas of Scotland it would seem.

Great restaurant onsite but book early as it gets busy. Rooms comfortable and reception staff very friendly and helpful.

nice hotel .

did not stay long enough however the wi fi was very poor and phone reception was poor too .

The hotel was clean staff friendly especially at reception, very local to the loch . i had to leave because of a family matter only stayed for one night . however i would go back . the breakfast was very nice .

The exterior stone on the building was lovely.

The smell, it smelt dusty throughout the whole building. The wifi did not work in my room and barely worked anywhere.

The exterior stone on the building was lovely. The reception and breakfast staff were wonderful.

Food, staff & tartan everywhere

Our room was boiling & temperature is controlled centrally so couldn’t be altered. The decor is quite weird - white loo seats on mocha units, blue swirly artex ceiling & WiFi was patchy

Food, staff & tartan everywhere

If you love tartan, then you’ll love this place.

Generous sized room and hearty breakfasts which included some excellent black pudding. As to the restaurant and bar which was well stacked with malts, as to be expected. There were also some interesting beers. The food was fantastic. I’d recommend the haggis bonbons.

Very well located for Loch Ness attractions, staff were...

Hotel is basic especially new rooms, bathroom floor not cleanest and no central heating if you were staying in winter.

Very well located for Loch Ness attractions, staff were helpful and friendly

Best avoided, massively overpriced and outdated!

We read the mixed reviews but decided that the negative reviews must have just been from picky people - how wrong we were! The decor was outdated and in need of replacement, the carpets were ripped, the breakfast was cheap and questionable, the bathroom window didn’t open, the balcony furniture was unusable, I could go on... the pictures are definitely not a true representation of this hotel.

The pub down the road - Fiddlers Inn - well recommended, especially if you like Whiskey... just find a different hotel to stay in!

Friendly and comfortable

Not quite as it looked in the photos

The property looks better in the photos and is in fact a little dated. It is however clean, comfortable and well maintained and the staff are fantastic

I will never turn back to this hotel again
    • Family Room

The service was not friendly and highly inefficient. We were treated as aliens rather than customers.

The first day, we made a reservation at the restaurant for 7:30 pm. Because I knew I was going to be late due to traffic, I called the reception at 7:15 pm to postpone my reservation to 8:30 pm. I’ve been told that they couldn’t guarantee in that case that I could get served, because they just had a group of 50 people and that we should stop at Inverness to find a place to eat. I insisted that I was with 3 children including a baby but they didn’t care. Finally, I got to the hotel but the room was not the one I asked.

Lovely Loch Ness location
    • Family Room

A bit dusty and not enough powerful shower

Brilliant location to visit Loch Ness. Very nice decor of the rooms, bar and sitting area. Delicious breakfast with a big variety of choices

A good choice on Loch Ness

WI-FI was only available in the lounge and was very weak/slow. Should be extended to bar & restaurant to be minimally useful. Hotel also has bus tour groups staying in newer section of hotel which can make breakfast buffet busy.

Stopped on the way to Isle of Skye and wanted to stay out of Inverness. Hotel does not have view of the Loch but was our room was very comfortable and quiet. Town is very small so best to book evening meal with hotel when making reservation.

Excellent value for money - I would recommend this hotel to friends

Further to the loch than I expected, but not a problem as we had our own transport.

Lovely hotel with character. Large room, great bar and convenient restaurant. Great value.

I would look elsewhere if I returned to that area...

The paper cups for the tea; the stained bed covers; the small bathroom...

The beds were comfortable and the room space was adequate. The breakfast choices offered were good.

It was quite smelly and didn’t look like the photos did when...

It was quite smelly and didn’t look like the photos did when booking. I had a dead slug on my bed and a pill on the side. I was booked for 2 nights but only stayed 1

Great place to stay and feel authentic Scottish atmosphere and style.

Staff was adorable and dinner in restaurant exceed all our expectations. It was fabulous! And breakfast was very good. Nice and helpful latvian girls. I got even lactose-free products and fresh fruit salad. Great place to stay and feel authentic Scottish atmosphere and style.

A bery pleasant and convenient stay

That other tenants smoked around the entrance and the doors to the restaurant

This is a quirky fun hotel, its an older building so don’t expect all the latest gadgets but its very convenient and the staff are great and helpful.

No wifi, lots of tartan

It is astonishing that in 2018 there was no wifi in the bedroom and only very, very weak and unstable connectivity in the lounge area. This may reflect the target market: the amount of tartan on show and Highland cliches everywhere suggest they cater for the tour bus market, but even then surely some guests want wifi?

Very helpful receptionist.

A lot of money for very little

Decor was terrible very old, mismatched, bathroom door groaned so loud, 4 lamps to one small room 3 worked, kettle on shelf nowhere near socket, breakfast not very good toasters were awful. Coffee was cold, drinks in bar very expensive. £8.05 for a very small fresh orange and a pint. Sheets not put on properly so mattress was still on show. No photos showed the tacky add on to the building where they have added painted bricks. It's also right next to Nessie land which is awful

That we only stayed one night

Good breakfast

Temperature of the shower changes from warm to hot to cold. No wifi in room, Loch Ness at 2 miles from the hotel

Good breakfast Excellent service from the staff Quiet room

Poor. Would not go there again

Furniture past its best. Restaurant poor, Breakfast poor, cold and sat there too long.Fried eggs hard, sausages limp pale and cool, Bacon full of white bits.

Bedroom adequate. Bar prices quite good

Location excellent

Rooms very tired. Colour of bathroom suite very off putting . Wifi seemed to go offf at night . Hotel was locked up when I tried to get out on the afternoon . I managed to get door open . Lovely wee hotel just needs some work done to it . Staff very nice .

Location excellent

Supernice staff!

Well, the bathroom is ok only if you just stay over the night, not if yo will stay longer...

Supernice staff! They were so helpful. Very good restaurant/pub as well. Great scottish breakfast and tasty black pudding!

A hidden gem.

Excellent location and facility for a short stay. Lovely dinner in the bar area and a well stocked breakfast. All staff very informative and nice to see the hotel owners playing their part in making the guests welcome.

We had a Superior room which was spacious & the...

Bathroom facilities below standard as the toilet very hard to flush & hand basin taps very hard to turn off

We had a Superior room which was spacious & the breakfast was very good

Dinner in the restaurant was nice, breakfast good, staff...

The property is old & dated, musty smell in hallways & foyers, room was clean & tidy, lacked power points in room, be careful of the hot water as it self regulates & you could get burnt, disappointed in this day & age that Wifi is not available in room. Thought it was a little expensive for the age of the hotel.

Dinner in the restaurant was nice, breakfast good, staff were friendly

Browse Loch Ness Lodge Hotel traveller photo gallery