Reviews of City Hotel London 3 stars

200 Borough High Street, Southwark, London, SE1 1JX, United Kingdom

#311 of 977 hotels in London

Location is ok and staff is nice

Very small rooms and no elevator while I was living the top floor. No one helps you to carry your luggage and the worst thing no AC in the room so we were sweating all the time in the room I checked out before 2 days from my booking and they refused to refund me

Location is ok and staff is nice

Location is perfect

No parking available, in contrary to what is stated on booking.com. No king-size bed, but two beds shifted together . Very smelly hallway. Noisy outside.

Location is perfect

Great location. Pity about the facilities.

A full English breakfast was advertised on the site, but not available when I stayed. The room did not have air-con but did have a fan. The room did not have a fridge, which was a problem given the hot conditions in London this past week. The hotel advertises itself as 3-star. It is more a 1.5 star. Why no fridge? The building has no lift and we were on the top floor, with steep stairs.

The two staff I met on reception were very helpful, especially Lucas.

Staff has been super kind

Generally everything was very very good, just the wifi connection was somewhat poor in speed (or maybe it was the signal too weak). I had to use it for work during the evening I can't say I'm satisfied with that :(

Staff has been super kind Very good location if, like me, you have to go work at The Shard (it's like 10 mins walk away)

Great find!

This is in a really handy location - right next to Borough Tube station - but it is still relatively quiet, for central London. The room was spacious, comfortable with a very good shower room. We arrived late but the staff at check in and check out were very helpful and we were able to leave our bag there on our final day, which was useful! There are cafes around for breakfast and a decent pub next door for a drink. All in all a great find and we’d stay there again.

Hot, noisey, glorified hostel.

There were building works throughout the property. I was kept waiting in ‘reception’ which was a small room off the stairs. The place is a hostel with a few private rooms which wasn’t reflected in the online description or photos. It was hot, noisey, with no iron so shortly after I arrived in the room I decided to look for somewhere else to stay. It had 0 cancellation so I lost out on a very overpriced room.

The location was good

London town city hotel did not let you down
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

A small fold up suitcase folder for outing your case on otherwise every thing was ok

The hotel was placed in easy reach of buses half an hour to Liverpool st and spitalfields and forty five minutes to Covent garden tube station right next door and brough market five mins walk away very helpful staff I am disabled and allthough stairs to get into hotel no problems as they helped me in and out would definitely stay again miss worthing Birmingham

Good location, small room, clean and comfortable.

We asked for the deluxe double ensuite but I am not entirely sure we got the correct room. I did query it and even the receptionist wasn’t sure but then she said oh yes it’s the right one. It was supposed to be a larger room but there was only Enough room to walk around the bed, it didn’t look like any of the pictures on the web site. It was clean and comfortable though but I think we paid more for a large room but had a different room type. You do hear other people going to the bathrooms at night as not all rooms have bathrooms (doors opening and closing ). Location was good, right by Borough tube station, bed was comfortable and room/bathroom were very clean. It has everything you need for a trip to London for a budget hotel.

Lovely Hotel for a Runaway Weekend

Just next to Borough station, the hotel is absolutely a perfect location for sightseeing London Bridge area. Very understanding and helpful staff, who received us warmly and gave us good tips on whatever questions put forwarded. To make my birthday runaway a special ambiance, I was even provided with a newly decorated and separate ground floor bedroom which enjoys lovely quietness and privacy. Wonderful stay with good memories.

Hidden gem! Very good value for money for central London, would def recommend!

We couldn't find places to eat in the evening. My collegue who booked the hotel told me about good places nearby after we returned. It would be great to have a little map of where to find local eateries on reception or in the room.

Liked the location so close to transport (ie Borough Tube). Loved the breakfast in a proper little cafe next door to the hotel - this was great. Beds were comfortable & despite being on a main road, there wasn't any traffic noise at all.

The feel of student accommodation but good location for my requirements
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Had the feel of student accommodation. Having a Bathroom down the hall wasn’t ideal. People clomping along the corridor outside my room. Sound of washing machine going below my room. Very thin duvet so I kept waking up cold. It just wasn’t for me.

Location great. It was clean and the room reasonably appointed.

Fine for the odd night.

The approach to our room . It was accessed by going back outside and in through the back of the cafe. The carpet was dirty en route. Our bedroom door opened onto a yard which had a coverered roof on but this was open at the sides at high level. The yard was in effect exposed to the outside winds.

The room itself was fine. Cold upon arrival..even in the snow they turned off the radiators in the room.

Great for solo travellers..

The Wifi was poor connection and I used my data most of the time.

Ok so I literally lived inside a coffee shop which is so cool and kinda funny. The hotel is clean and well kept close to everything.

Great location, literally next to the tube, 5 min walk to...

Great location, literally next to the tube, 5 min walk to the borough market, some pubs nearby. Quiet and clean room. Renovated bathroom. Friendly and helpful staff. Coffee and cookies available in the room, very much appreciated :)

Completely hoodwinked by the hotel’s name and photos belying the paucity of accommodation!

Hotel had no proper entrance just simply a small front door on the street between a shop and restaurant. Narrow staircase up to floor one from street door. My partner commented that he was expecting the hotel to be wider than 10feet! Room was very small.

New,clean facilities e.g. en-suite hower room and comfortable bed

Great stay ,& we will be back again for sure

Nothing to dislike

Bed was lovely ,room very warm & comfortable.just what we needed after a busy day touring London .location great for tube journeys as around the corner,didn’t use cafe/restaurant as we wanted to get up early & get into London & eat out a lot & experience everything the capitol had to offer ,staff very helpful & very polite & helped me print off some tour vouchers .no complaints at all only praises .

A little gem; a TARDIS compared to the Google Street View!

NA

Great location, clever and quirky layout that makes the place far larger than it looks from the outside. Lovely room; modern decor and brilliant shower. Friendly helpful staff. Compared to the dank,cramped shoeboxes available for similar prices in London it was a breath of fresh air!

It was spacious for London standard.

There is no elevator. It was a bit difficult to find the entrance. Hope you have more toiletries. I don't think there was a shampoo.

It was spacious for London standard. Staff were all very nice. Location is amazing. Just a step away from the Borough station. I enjoyed my stay.

A cozy crashpad in the centre of London
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The hotel doesn't have a private bathroom and shower in all rooms. You should use the one on the floor. However, it is very modern andrew clean -- which is a major plus, actually.

The property is located just next to the Borough subway station, 10 minutes on foot from the bridge of London. Excellent location to get to the meeting next morning at 08 am. If you are picky about the food, Starbucks is just across the street.

Cheap stay, great little hotel with good transport links
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Nothing particularly, but cannot comment on the size or quality of the double/twin rooms. I think some rooms may have shared bathrooms so I think I paid around £10 more for a private one. Those who want to unpack on longer stays might not like the lack of storage/hanging space, but this may be different in the larger rooms. Very small sink which made brushing your teeth a bit tricky but understand why given the size of bathroom/room generally

I paid £59 for a single room for a one night stay. This was the cheapest I found and was booked at fairly short notice. The hotel is literally next door to Borough underground station so it's handy for the tube, either by Northern Line, or its a short walk to London Bridge for the jubilee line and main line services, and nearby lots of options for jumping on a bus. I only had a brief interaction with the receptionist but she was friendly and helpful. The room itself and bed were larger than expected and the bed was comfortable. It was clean and had a large shower, wall-mounted hair dryer, a tv with freeview, and a kettle. The was an AC unit but I didn't use it (as I stayed in winter), and the radiators worked fine. There was a spare plug socket opposite the bed near the kettle, and plug sockets next to the bed with a bedside table. Both plugs were in use with a lamp and alarm clock, but I unplugged the lamp to for my phone charge as there was an extra light switch next to the bed for the main light anyway. There was no wardrobe/hanging space (save for a little shelf and a luggage rack for a smaller case) but this wasn't an issue for me as I never unpack my bag anyway and was only there for one night. There was little/no noise from outside or from other rooms (save for the morning with neighbouring rooms slamming doors!). Free wifi with log in details already in the room. The only unusual thing was that my room was downstairs so meant that I had to enter through the cafe (Cafe Riga). There weren't any problems with this though and the staff at the cafe greeted me with a friendly good morning as I left! I didn't have time to try the food in the cafe but it looked clean and smelt good, although fairly busy and not loads of tables.

Will stary there again without question if having a night out in the smoke.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

At that price, nothing not to like, although the wifi was very slow and also didn't get a good data signal on my phone - however didn't need it as was staying the for one night and about 8 hours so really wasn't an problem. There was no view out of the frosted window.

Café attached which looked really good although didn't partake in breakfast. I stayed there once before too and got free upgrade to a flat round the corner in a tower block which was great.

I needed a room near London Bridge Hospital and this was...
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

I needed a room near London Bridge Hospital and this was perfect for my needs. It is not luxury but very good value, clean and pretty quiet for the location. The shared shower was clean and well maintained. The staff were friendly and check in and out was very easy.

This excellent little hotel was just what I needed for an overnight stay.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Breakfast was an expensive optional extra, but with small supermarkets and good cafes nearby, it was no hardship to miss. The hotel itself isn't set up to do meals, and that's fine.

Clean, comfy little rooms and soft close doors to keep noise to a minimum. Properly warm. All the extras you could want like dressing gown and slippers, hair drier and towels of course. Cheapest in the area, super friendly staff!

Everything else was great, good value for money, we had a...
    • Double or Twin Room

I would go back here again, but the only negative was my husband had a lovely hot shower, but mine was cold after him!

Everything else was great, good value for money, we had a large room with a Queen size bed which was lovely.

Centrally located hotel with exemplary cleaning and service standards.

Nothing. It was just fabulous

Central location meant nothing was far away. The room was scrupulously clean and the tea tray replenished everyday. The bed was super comfy and after all the walking and sightseeing we slept like logs.

The flat is basic but clean. Management were very unresponsive when we complained about noisy party.
    • Apartment with Balcony

The apartment is in a block of flats and there was a party going on in that flat immediately above our bedroom. Despite frequent phone calls to reception we received no apology from the management of the city hotel.

Clean

Great spacious apartment with a fantastic view of the City.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Surrounding area and entry to tower block isn't that inviting in the evening / night.

Great spacious apartment with a fantastic view of the City.

Nice clean place and good location but beware of unexpected charges.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

2. Upon my return, I was charged for amazon packages arriving after my first night. I was furious and demand the charge to be cancelled. They turn down my request and the argument turned quite unpleasant. Hotel staff became unfriendly afterward. Imagine being alone in a foreign land feeling that you were being treated unfairly, that was how I felt. Talking to your customers nicely can't be too hard.

1. I was in London for a night before going to a conference in Cambridge for three nights then came back here for two more nights. I chose this hotel because of the reasonable price. Before leaving my country, I called ahead and asked if I can order packages from amazon. A hotel staff said that they will keep packages for me without any charges. I was happy.

It was very central and close to Borough Tubestation.

The sheets on the bed and the cushions had few stains on them, but not that horrible for me to complain. The waterboiler did not work either but not that bad for me, because of the cafe downstairs or starbucks on the other side of the street.

It was very central and close to Borough Tubestation. The reception was very kind and always helpfull.

The beds were very comfortable and the cleanliness was...
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Soundproof the rooms - I was woken up at 6.30 am by someone having a shower in the bathroom above my room.

The beds were very comfortable and the cleanliness was outstanding

Excellent stay
    • Studio Apartment

Not the most sound proofed apartment but not a big issue at all.

Studio apartment was in an excellent location, free travel cot was provided for our 3 month old. Everything you could need was there.

excellent overall

Requested a quiet room so placed in room entered via cafe - felt slightly vulnerable entering late in evening / night. Lumpy pillows on my room this time.

Have stayed here before as location good for me - staff always friendly and helpful. Room clean and bright if a little small - not an issue for me as stay just overnight.

Would deffo stay again
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Our own bathroom would have been better but not to take away from it the bathroom was very clean and nice .... some creaky floorboards on the stairs and in the room

The staff were extra friendly and helpful the rooms were lovely and clean towels were nice big and thick

Small but comfortable and clean
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Great little value for money hotel - my room was quiet (behind the cafe) despite the busy location and although small had everything I needed. The cafe does a decent breakfast and had a great vibe.

Excellent location, nice room for a solo traveler or couple. Recommend!

Only downside was the WiFi was a little slow, but it was useable and fine for normal web pages.

Staff were very nice when I checked in an out, room was comfortable - too warm for me, but I am from a cold place. Bathroom was lovely, bed was comfortable. In an excellent location, though the sign is small so I passed it the first time I was looking for it. Excellent location - 10 seconds from the entrance of the Tube entrance.

Exceeded my expectations
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

I checked with reception when I left in the morning, and apparently nobody had written down any note about my room having a defective heater that needed checking/repairing. So I asked them to please put a note in, as that way the next traveller wouldn't have the same problem.

I had expected a grotty, old fashioned shared toilet/shower room, and what was there totally exceeded my expectation. It was clean, modern and warm. The room itself had a defective radiator so the heat wasn't working. When I went to reception and asked for a heater, they checked the radiator, and quickly brought a space heater. Great response. They said they would report the radiator problem. Very friendly and attentive.

La cama

Takes long to answer the door. The room is downstairs and he entrance is a coffe shop. A bit weird if you need to receive friends you have to go on the door and open it yourself

La cama

Very clean and comfy hotel in convenient location;
    • Double or Twin Room

Not suitable if difficulty walking as all room and reception up stairs; breakfast was served downstairs in the next door cafe; we paid 12 pound and the cafe advertisers a lot cheaper; although the food was amazing

fab place - staff little hard work although still helpful. very clean and the rooms well equipped ; we stayed in room 13 which is a twin, very nice and the bathroom was immaculate ; the rooms are very warm (January 2018) we have to put the fan on as it was that warm, lovely on a cold winters night.

Perfect location, stylish room, high spec features, hot...

Perfect location, stylish room, high spec features, hot & powerful shower, massive fluffy towels, really quiet over night, everything in the room you might need. And a great price!

The room and the shared bathroom were very clean.
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

There is no lift, hence you need to carry your luggage to the top floors.

The room and the shared bathroom were very clean. There was a kettle in the room and some free tea bags and biscuit. The staff was helpful and friendly; the reception is always open. The hotel is right next to the subway station.

Excellent value for money, brilliant location, welcoming staff, very clean room

Exceptionally clean hotel and room. Unbeatable location. Excellent soundproofing - this really is the best value hotel that I have stayed in for business in London.

Very clean well appointed rooms.

We were on the 3rd floor and no lifts so would have been an issue if you had heavy baggage

Very clean well appointed rooms. Great clean bathrooms. Would definitely stay again!

I would never stay here again or recommend to anyone.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Hairdryer in room didnt work and when I brought it to the attention of the manager they implied I was lying. Our rooms were at the back of the cafe.

It was warm and reasonably clean

Great location and fantastic price for central London.
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Great location and fantastic price for central London. We booked last minute and didn’t quite know what to expect but the rooms were very modern and incredibly clean. The idea of a shared bathroom may trouble some but that also was of a high standard and incredibly clean and modern. Gowns, slippers, towels and linen all provided and of very good quality. We really were very impressed with the whole stay. Good job London City hotel team!

Very conveniently located.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

No a lot really, will definitely book again.

Fantastic Location right next to the tube station. Stairs to upper floors are steep, so request room on lower floor if you have dodgy knees.

Very good location right beside Borough underground station...
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Very good location right beside Borough underground station and short walk to the city. The room was very clean and the staff were very helpful. Good value for money too.

Comfortable bed, exceptionally clean, walk in shower.

Confused with linked cafe prices, room menu prices different (cheaper) than actual prices when in cafe. Will ask at reception next time we stay.

Comfortable bed, exceptionally clean, walk in shower. Proximity to Borough Market, Pubs and train/tube stations. Would definately stay again when in London.

Beautiful rooms and very clean bathrooms.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Breakfast at the cafe was meh but that's okay.

Beautiful rooms and very clean bathrooms. Despite being right next to the tube station it was quiet.

Good location, nice clean room. Poor value for money.

We booked in New Years Eve and paid a premium rate of £284 for a double room en suite. For that price we expected at least to get a breakfast but we were told that breakfast was extra as was off street parking. There is a ventilator outside the room belonging to the pub next door that kept going until 4 am and restarted at 7 am. This was outside room 2 where we were. Difficult to sleep. The location was perfect for us, we were at the New Year celebrations at Southwark Centre just a short walk away but we expected more for the price we paid. I could have booked elsewhere for the same price that included breakfast and parking.

The room was clean, the bed was comfy and the bathroom immaculate.

Great location and comfortable

We could hear neighbors now and again. Not sure whether it was through walls or from the corridor.

It was clean Nd very comfortable. Great facilities and in walking distance to many tourist attractions.

Avoid at all costs...

Beware additional charges!!

This property "removed" £20 from my debit card. Post departure I received the following... "After your departure from our Hotel our Housekeeping team has realised 1 soap bottle was missing, unfortunately that it is Hotel property. During the check in you signed a document that states any damages or missing items will involve extra charges not included on the room rate already paid. We have Charged £20 on the card provided for the booking as a Penalty. Thank you for understanding our side, if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us." THIS IS BS. I DID NOT STEAL ANYTHING FROM THIS HOTEL... I contacted them and they did not respond. Booking.com who were equally useless in resolving this issue. AVOID THIS HOTEL TO AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!!

Wont be returning. Staff were helpful.
    • Double or Twin Room

I wouldn't class this a hotel in London. Its a few rooms above a shop. A pokey place, not even bottled water available to buy.

Not so much a hotel as a few rooms above a shop.

Comfortable sleep exactly where I needed to be

I could only get intermittent signal on my own phone in the bedroom and the password for the hotel wifi was not written down anywhere

Friendly staff, nice room with plenty of space around the bed and a comfortable bed and good shower all in a central location and right next to the tube station so easy to get to

An unexpected delight in central London
    • Double or Twin Room

The stairs - but I need the exercise - do not be put off by the tiny exterior

Location is amazing, rooms extremely comfortable and clean The tube station is 2m from the front door Staff just lovely can’t do any more for you

Great location, amazing value for money, lovely stay
    • Double or Twin Room

A lift, we were up on the 3rd floor. But that is us being lazy!

Rooms were very clean and beds comfy. Plenty of space in our twin room with a lovely en suite bathroom. It was quiet too considering it's location- which is excellent!

Once inside the flat ok, excellent views of the city but didn’t look forward to entering or exiting
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The flat was in a Southwark Council run high rise block. Other flats are lived in - maybe rented as social housing. The feel and condition of the entrance and elevator reflect this.

View

Great location and very clean and modern room. Overall very comfortable.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The kettle in the bedroom did not work, reception area and entrance to the hotel is very cramped. There was no ironing board in the room and there was no soap tray in the shower (I shave in the shower so this is a pain).

Staff were very friendly, the room was very clean, modern and was well appointed. The bathroom was very good, shower was excellent - apart from no soap holder.

cheap in all sense.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

They have freshly painted in the room and it smelled like dissolvent that would not go away. Heating could not be turned of, I was being grilled in the room at night (lot of sweat) Wifi was weak. Neighboring rooms were loud. mini Tv un-enjoyable due to squeezed screen No other room has been offered when requested...

easy access walking form the river down to the hotel (at night bit weird...)

Good for a cheaper London stay
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

You could hear other people coming and going. My room was next to a restaurant so there was a bit of noise but other than that, everything was as expected.

Good location - close to Borough Markets. Everything was clean. Staff were friendly.

Good option for a short or long stay in London
    • Studio Apartment

We selected a triple, room 58, which turned out to be an apartment about 3 minutes away from the hotel. The neighborhood was nice, short walk to the Shard or Borough Market. The apartment had a full kitchen and washer and dryer.

Clean and safe, good value for money
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The walls were a bit thin and the shower's floor was wet. There was not any place to hang around.

The rooms were clean and tidy and the staff was really helpfull. Everything felt safe. The TV worked well and there was a boiler in the room.

Small and reasonably clean room, good shower but no heating (in November).

I didn't realise (as it wasn't on the booking site) that there wasn't a restaurant or room service at the hotel. So I had to go out and find something. I reported that there was no heating in my room and was told that the boiler needed to be turned on - really? in a hotel? they need to be prompted in order to turn to boiler on? in November? Sadly the heating never did come on - and it was cold in the morning - however by that time I'd had enough and couldn't wait to get out of there. I warmed up as a result of the rush to get out.

It was a reasonably clean room and the shower was good

perfect for a last minute getaway

We mentioned on arrival that we were there to celebrate a birthday and an anniversary. When returning to the room we found a card and chocolates had been left for us. It was such a lovely little gesture.

Cheapish for London
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

I know it sounds like a ridiculous small issue, but in a room without bathroom it would be nice if there were some indoor slippers that could be used to go to the shared bathroom.

Location is pretty good and very close to subway station. Room is very small but it isnt expensive either (at least for London).

Suited us for the price. No fancy hotel but a comfortable and clean room

remote control and shower extractor fan needed cleaning

Cosy, modern and generally very clean room. We just needed to crash for the night close to London Bridge so it suited us fine. Nice towels. Strange that you had to go through a closed cafe to get to the room but it wasn't a problem.

The bed was comfortable and the shared bathroom facilities...
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The room was rather small, the table provided was too small to do work easily on a laptop.

The bed was comfortable and the shared bathroom facilities were very clean and spacious.

Adequate for our needs

The room was very warm, there was too much noise outside to open the window and the power sockets were not very accessible for the fan. There was no view from the window - just the backs of other buildings and the air con units. Note - no lift to any of the rooms which are all on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd floors of the building.

The bedroom and en-suite were clean and comfortable, though not very big. It was very convenient for public transport - right next to Borough tube station. Great location for sightseeing etc. in central London. At half price, it was good value for money. If we'd paid full price we'd have been very disappointed with the facilities.

Fast Wi-Fi.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The stairs were very steep and narrow, there was no lift. The shared bathroom wasn't very clean. The window overlooked a restaurant vent and there were people smoking there. So opening a window meant a lot of noise and people outside looking at you.

Fast Wi-Fi. Good location.

very clean and nicely decorated.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

single room a little noisy as there is an air-con outside the window, but very quiet considering pub next door - no noise came up from there (other than the air con unit) on a Saturday night too. TV didn't have great reception either - lots of channels didn't work, but wasn't too bothered about this.

very clean and nicely decorated. The bed was very comfortable, shared bathroom was nice and no queue, sink in the room was helpful.

A no fuss hotel which provides clean comfortable...
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Design of washbasin and shelf - very narrow washbasin made it very difficult to rinse after toothbrushing - had to insert my head sideways under shelf - fairly comic for one night but would have been irritating for several days! I was on the street side which was extremely noisy - on previous visits I've been facing the inner courtyard - much quieter. Overall room felt smaller than previous singles I've booked there. Overall OK for price, but definitely not a room to spend a lot of time - best for visitors with a full and busy schedule, to use only for sleeping. For a longer stay, it's advisable to spend a little extra on a double room with en suite or better still, an apartment. Same excellent service but much more comfortable for not a huge amount extra.

A no fuss hotel which provides clean comfortable accommodation in the heart of London at competitive prices. Staff are super-friendly and welcoming, and I have received free upgrades on several occasions which came as nice surprise. Good quality toiletries and in-room refreshments and a café downstairs serving very good coffee and a wide range of breakfast food. I booked a single room and knew in advance that I'd be sharing a bathroom, but it didn't bother me - I never had to wait as it was always free and I really appreciated the provision of a bathrobe for those visits! Excellent location for tourists - close to many attractions: Shard, Borough Market, Tower of London, HMS Belfast, Monument etc and good transport links - tube is literally just downstairs and riverboats to Greenwich, O2 and London Eye are only 5 - 10 minutes walk.

Pleasant stay with excellent reception service
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

WiFi connection is poor to reconnect with laptop unless stood by the stairway. But once it is connected, quality is good

Right next to Borough station.

Enjoyable stay. Thanks to the hotel and its staff!
    • Studio Apartment

There is no door for the shower area, and this caused the toilet area to be wet after shower. Good to install a shower door.

The apartment is about 2 minutes' walk to Borough underground. Staff is friendly and helpful, specially John and Claudia. The central heating didn't work, but we were quickly provided with a portable one. Water heater didn't work for a day, but the hotel was also quick to rectify it. The room was clean, and the bed and pillows were comfortable.

Central comfy convenient

I asked to be checked in before 3 which they wouldn't facilitate

Nice rooms, a little cramped but comfy and clean and modern. Great location by the tube. Nice staff

Great value for money and hotel staff were very friendly.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Was great value for money staying in an apartment for four of us. I like that we had freedom that it was like our own place. Great for when you don't want to eat out all the time or just want to watch tv to relax. Very close to the tube and Borough Markets! I also sent a question prior to our stay and was very impressed by the customer service I received in the response, they also remembered me on the day of checking in, so lovely.

Ideal for an overnight business trip
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

My room was through the cafe downstairs and it was very noisy early morning and a very strong smell of food in the room.

It was a great little hotel just where I needed to be in London for a meeting. The room was small but very clean. The staff were very helpful and let me store my bag and get changed after my meeting. Would definitely stay again and recommend.