Reviews of London Hilton on Park Lane 5 stars

22 Park Lane, Westminster Borough, London, W1K 1BE, United Kingdom

#560 of 977 hotels in London

Great location but slightly pricey
    • Twin Guestroom

The cost is too high for what one gets.

Location and outdoor staff are really good. One of the receptionists was slightly moody when I called at 7.00 AM for information.

Thanks to the attention given to us by Abdul we had a fabulous stay.
    • Twin Guestroom

It did seem a little tired and dated.

We had problems with our first room which was considered dangerous by the electrician who came to fix it. In the event we were royally looked after by Abdul, whom I assume was front of house manager. He apologised for us having to move and for being placed in a situation which could have been perhaps a fire hazard and placed us in the Pard Lane Suite, which was very comfortable. Therefore the above questions are difficult for us to answer as we had two very different rooms and experiences.

My husbands 50th Birthday, he had the best time and I was happy because he was. Thank You.

Nothing it was perfect.

The people were really lovely especially Roy the doorman, his knowledge of London and tips where to go. We took him at his word and it didn’t disappoint. In fact it’s the best trip to London we have ever had. Please thank him.

A bit disappointed not with full view of Hyde park , 50 % view o
    • Executive King Room with Lounge Access

When I opened the scrambled eggs lid, smells came out and it was cold . I complained to the staff and order new fried eggs instead. Too little choices . I won’t book my breakfast in my next stay. Quite poor for 5 stars hotel.

Location, service, cleanliness, quality all very good.
    • Queen Guestroom

Nothing, everything was very satisfactory.

The hotel staff were very professional and courteous, a very good check in and check out experience. The room was recently updated and was very nicely done and clean. Room service was very good, food and service. Bonus points for having all the different electrical outlets available; US, UK, Euro. Well done!

Booked as a deal so had value for money. Would not be happy to pay full price because of my experien
    • King Guestroom

Television did not work. Bathroom was tired and some of the towels had brown stains on them. Luckily I had a double room to myself so there were enough for me to look through and select the best.

Location and facilities are very good. Great bed and quiet.

The bed was huge and very comfortable.

The bed was huge and very comfortable. Room as a whole was lovely. Breakfast was delicious and had such a variety of options. Perfect location for visiting London.

Good location and services , but the room furniture and the...
    • King Guestroom

Good location and services , but the room furniture and the bed blankets cover is very old . It will be amazing if Hilton will change the room furniture and keep the blankets clean and new . Thank

The view from our room was whaoooooooo
    • Twin Guestroom

Thank you to Hilton staffs for the beautiful room, for the amazing breakfast, my daughter loved the Gauffres made by the most lovely person, everyone working in hilton are so professional .... we will come back in tree weeks again. Our favorite hotel in London for sure :)))))

Hi
    • Queen Guestroom

Hi When I arrived to the hotel I told them that I’m goanna pay cash so they agreed then on the last day I paid cash and they told me that they would return the full amount And when I took the statement I saw that it was less than they money they took from my account

Amazing decor.
    • Twin Guestroom

The only thing I can complain about is that they don’t send postcards for free! The Sofitel chain does but that’s just nitpicking. Location isn’t the best if you like to leave and have shops around but the underground is close by so everything is accessible.

Amazing decor. Great staff. The breakfast is also really good I recommend asking for the waffles that they make!

We loved being at Hilton Park Lane. My wife now doesn’t want to stay anywhere else in London.
    • Queen Guestroom

Breakfast coffee could be more in line with coffee shop standards. Better choice of food in the evening, although Shepherd Market is the best.

Location, views from 16th floor room, staff v helpful, available and welcoming. Breakfast by the window near hotel entrance was good, great selection of food.

Expected so much more from this hotel
    • Queen Guestroom

The bathroom tiles and bath were dirty and old And the window blind and leather stool were ripped the bed covers were dirty and the curtains stained ,very disappointed as we payed almost £200 for this room on park lane Expected so much better

The staff and the Lifts were excellent and the location Hard Rock Cafe next door almost

Amazing!
    • Executive King Room with Lounge Access

I can't find a bad thing about the hotel; maybe a better mattress for next.

everything! it was absolutely a perfect stay; the room was big enough, the view was really nice, and a great value for the money.

Fantastic hotel, we arrived two hours before the official...

Fantastic hotel, we arrived two hours before the official check in time, however as our room was available they let us check in early. Everything was spotlessly clean, the room was larger than expected for London and afternoon tea in the Podium restaurant was great.

One of the staffs name Abdel made my stay more comfortable,he answered me any of my request or need

Honestly on this trip I have not seen any negative or what I don't like.

Location,service,and feeling secured is the more to say about Hilton on park lane.

Very enjoyable
    • Queen Guestroom

Felt the bathroom door did not give much privacy however. It was my partner's 50th birthday and whilst they asked us if we wanted to upgrade I thought they might have done this anyway.

The breakfast was really good and there was a wide variety of choice. Staff were extremely friendly

Good hotel, poor aftercare

One room in our party had to move due to a foul smell in their room that should have been picked up by the cleaner I was kept awake by music from above I was told the duty manager would contact me yet I have not recieved any contact 5 days later

The location was great, breakfast was quite good.

The staff are great
    • King Guestroom

The room seemed very dated, woodwork in the bathroom is damaged... the windows are old, this room needs an update. Shower curtains and showers in the bath are not what the customer wants. Trader Vics was below par by a long way.

The staff are great

Breakfast was excellent!
    • Queen Guestroom

For the price we paid we would have expected everything to be perfect but the rooms were very tired and the air conditioning didn't work. We had to change room during the night as the air conditioning was blasting out red hot air rather than cooling! We were told the room we were moved to had a balcony, the doors of which we could open to let more cool air in. Sadly, the balcony doors are permanently locked for 'safety' reasons and therefore could not be opened!

Breakfast was excellent!

Quick layover
    • Queen Guestroom

The noise from other guests.

Staff very helpful, nice room (request room with a higher floor for a good view), bed very comfortable and the room service was excellent.

It was our first time staying at the Hilton, couldn’t fault it. Very enjoyable. Great location.
    • King Guestroom

The hotel itself decor is a bit dated could do with a bit of refreshing. The car park was very tight.

The room service & food was exceptional as was the choice for breakfast

Disappointing due to the noise and the room temperature.
    • Mayfair Suite with Lounge Access

The room, which was a Mayfair suite and therefore expensive, was next to the lifts. Consequently, it was difficult to sleep due to the noise of 4 different lifts going up and down all night. The air-conditioning was also not working properly so we could either be too warm or too cold. The sitting room was only heated if the air-con was set to 28 degrees centigrade and high fan. Not what we had hoped for a relaxing, romantic weekend away.

The meal we had at Galvin at Windows was superb and the atmosphere and staff there were excellent

Great view, disappointing room for price.
    • Executive King Room with Lounge Access

The tv in the room was old and the sound was very poor. The pressure of the water in the shower was not good. Stains on the carpet are not acceptable in a £500 per night room. Pillows were not comfortable (although this is personal choice). Room service was rubbish. Wrong order sent and £20 pizza was made with tinned tomato’s. Very disappointing. Half of order came and then we had to wait for the other half.

Breakfast was nice and the view from the room was amazing

Feel like home!
    • Executive King Room with Lounge Access

Maybe a bigger breakfast area. The continental breakfast at the excecutive louge could be much better.

The englisg breakfast at the ground floor was excellent. The vegeterian buffet excited my expectations! The staff was very polite and friendly. Great variety of options for breakfast.

Fabulous, everyone should visit the Hilton in Park Lane.
    • Twin Guestroom

I spent a landmark birthday at the hotel last weekend. Everything was fabulous. From the front desk team, Benny and team's surprise in my room, my room, the staff at the restaurant for breakfast in the morning. The entire stay was amazing. I will be back each year. Thank you

Executive room on 23rd floor had great views :-}
    • Executive King Room with Lounge Access

The bed was actually 2 beds pushed together; (or 2 matresses) not ideal for the level of room :-{ No USB/Power point on one side of the bed for phone charging. Breakfast room a bit bland

Executive room on 23rd floor had great views :-} Lounge access was great! Afternoon teas with scones and savouries, and evening coctails included! Very Nice. Bowl of fruit etc. in the room was a nice touch.

Not worth the high cost. Not the best Hilton I’ve stayed. Simply, too basic.
    • Queen Guestroom

Too basic for high cost. Restaurant didn’t serve any food after breakfast finished at 11:00 until noon. Nowhere, ie cafe/shop to get a pastry or fruit even. Arrived alone with luggage. Ie, doorman was just that. Doorman.

Extra comfy beds. Otherwise, too basic for cost. Nowhere to get a snack. Restaurant no food between breakfast finish at 11:00 and lunch start noon.

Overall very pleased for our length of stay.
    • Executive King Room with Lounge Access

Upon arrival no explanation of facilities given, such as bars, restaurants and how the executive lounge operates. The executive lounge was not value for money given its limitations .

Very accommodating and friendly staff. Excellent room, spacious and very clean.

the room had a very strong smell of damp.
    • Queen Guestroom

the room had a very strong smell of damp. The heating system in the room was faulty And the beautiful view was obliterated by the faulty glazing panel that totally obstructed the view. Overall the room appeared extremely dated and not to the standard we expected.

Excellent stay
    • Queen Guestroom

I arrived early morning and pleasantly surprised that a room was available for me to check in. Nick at reception counter was very helpful. I was given a room at higher level floor than my original booking which was great !

Lovely
    • Executive Twin Room with Lounge Access

I did not like the fact that the full price was taken from my account very soon after booking as in the small print it had stated that they "may" take the cost early. It was taken out 3 months early! Even though this was a "low rate" £601.80 for 2 nights the conditions were that the booking was not allowed to be amended or cancelled in any way. Luckily no-one was ill and we were able to enjoy our time at the Park Lane Hilton.

My friend and I loved the big spacious room with an amazing view. The staff were friendly and attentive, especially at the reception desk. We had access to the lounge and enjoyed in the lounge the unhurried breakfast, scones in the afternoon and availability of canapes after 6 p.m. We were meeting others staying in the hotel and it was a perfect place to catch up.

• Queen Guestroom

There was a noise when I just arrived to my room it seems they had maintenance on the 16th floor ,that was really annoying I wanted to have some rest from a long flight but it was not possible

Location is perfect

view from 27th floor
    • Queen Guestroom

it took ages to get the invoice although i've left data in an order and then at the reception a day before checkout the heater was so loud, without it was very cold in room, must not happen in ~250 gbp night hotel

view from 27th floor

Love this hotel but not sure I would pay the premium for the club lounge unless it is better control
    • Executive King Room with Lounge Access

See above love this hotel but

Need to stop the club facility being abused by those that see it as a kindergarten and place for their nannies and children to eat! As the evening snacks come up there is a section who swoop like vultures rather than use it as it was intended

Excellent!
    • Queen Guestroom

At the price that is being paid breakfast of a morning should really be included rather than paying (£28 per person) for breakfast.

View was incredible. Facilities & staff were excellent. Had a great trip.

this is my fourth time and I am still happy
    • Executive King Room with Lounge Access

I didn’t like the staff at breakfast time. they are choosing people, expecially young girls and old people they service to them very good and pay attention but other people they don’t pay attention...

location, room view, house keeping, reception staff valentine, door guys daren ,johns. of course volkan and the manager Abdul.., they were so friendly and helpful...

Lovely clean rooms and views are spectacular in a great location.
    • Executive Queen Room with Lounge Access

Design of building meant other rooms are staring in. Concierge could have been a bit more helpful. Mattress was quite hard too.

Amazing views and modern room which was very clean and with nice decor.

Below expectations

Services overall specially reception services and financial matters it's not organized atall , the access card easy to be came damaged and in each time you go to reception to fix the room acces card start asking you about ID and personal information , which is make the guest feel bothering also breakfast services is not as per expectations and does not well worth it's money cost. One day I remamber I asked to have my breakfast at room and they charged even the breakfast was included in my reservation and paid earlier .

the internet very weak keeps disconnecting continuously , even if u gave us fast passwords for our two suites it is still slow . we called PTOBENTOZANE room service very slow. we cancelled order many times. and most of the times food was so slow took over 45 mins , my kids slept before it reached.

Location , Staff ,

A real treat with an amazing room.

No complaints at all

We had a stunning room, the view took our breath away. For us the business lounge access was a real bonus and worth the cost. All staff we talked to were brilliant and helpful.

It was convenient and a great location. The restaurant had a great atmosphere
    • Queen Guestroom

The room was small for a ‘king suite’ and the bathroom had a few hairs left from the previous occupant in the bath. The bath was corroded also - change it. It’s not what you expect for prices charged. My wife always complains she doesn’t get eye contact from staff - the receptionists need to make her feel more welcome! Sorry it’s a mixed review, we had a great evening in trader Vic’s and would recommend it.

Trader Vic staff were brilliant and Marcus was the manager who made sure we were looked after. All staff were friendly on a busy evening. Our room had a fantastic view.

Just like home
    • Twin Guestroom

Perfect location, nice and stylish hotel with superb breakfast and comfy bed but the best of all is the personnel who were very polite and helpful and professional. Since we had to overnight due to the massive flight cancellations due to the unexpected snow in London on the 10th of December, late check-out as late as necessary was offered till we were waiting for our flight - very kind gesture!

A really nice Hotel well situated for London shopping, pricey but worth it
    • Queen Guestroom

Only gripe was the lifts - there are 4 in the lobby and they are very busy, especially in the morning - breakfast, check out etc. They sometimes took ages to arrive & then seemed to stop at nearly every floor, because of this they were also packed. The room itself we stopped in was a little small (especially bearing in mind the price we paid), but this was offset by the view.

A really nice hotel & well located - ideal for our trip to both Winter Wonderland @ night & Oxford Street shopping by day. We also took the breakfast option, which I have to say is one of the best I have had - not just the choice which was excellent, but the quality of food. We stayed on the 19th floor & the view was great, we could see the top of Buckingham Palace as well as the lights of the city - Wheel, Parliament, even Canary Wharf in the distance.

Clean, nice location, friendly staff
    • Twin Guestroom

Lobby area was small. Not enoıgh space to have meetings at the hotel.

Number and quality of staff serving in the breakfast were good. Staff was very friendly.

Much needed
    • Queen Guestroom

It took over an hour for our luggage to arrive from the concierge service to our room. After attempting to find where our luggage was and calling the concierge line and reception but not getting through to anyway for at least 15 minutes, we eventually got through and they organised for our luggage to arrive and it did arrive after 15 minutes. The mattress is quite hard, I would have much preferred a softer mattress.

The view from the hotel room was incredible. the Staff were professional, the hotel was beautiful and the overall experience was very enjoyable.

Lovely place.
    • Queen Guestroom

Shower was a bit dribbly & not very powerful.

Massive & very comfy bed. Fantastic base for Winter Wonderland & really enjoyed the atmosphere in the bar at Windows.

Expensive, but quite good.
    • Queen Guestroom

Permanently locked Balcony door . Though, I could understand the safety aspects, but then, what’s the purpose of the balcony if one can’t enter ?

Cheerful and quick responding staff

Lovely romantic stay. Would definitely visit again
    • Queen Guestroom

The bathroom door was the only thing I wasn’t keen on. If you were in the bedroom you could hear everything going on in the bathroom!

Beds were comfy, view was fantastic. Staff were ever so friendly.

Comfortable stay but, for the price, it did not feel like a luxury experience.
    • Executive Twin Room with Lounge Access

Balcony not accessible for security reasons. Lobby is more like train station hub than hotel lobby - it doesn’t immediately feel like a hotel lobby (absent concierge), location of reception desk not obvious.

Modern, clean room.

NOT 5 STAR HOTEL..3 STAR AT BEST
    • Queen Guestroom

This is not a 5 star hotel. I always stay in 5 star hotels at least once per month including Ham Yard, Mondorin, Mandarin etc I would rate this hotel 3 star max It is old and dated and not clean at all. Upon arrival I was given a horrible room, which was a lower standard than a Holiday Inn, and not 5 star! I complained to reception and was then given another room, which had been upgraded! It was still smelly, dirty and again not 5 star! I noticed the following Stains on carpets, smell in corridors and room, bathroom was dirty, mould in bathroom, dirty curtains, the linen smelt old and dirty. Never again Change your rating from 5 to 3 star!

Great base for the West End.
    • Queen Guestroom

While the food was great, seating and the staff were overwhelmed by the number of guests at breakfast. The toaster was a bottle neck at the end of the self service line.

Well appointed room, generous bed, plenty of space within the room, pretty good lighting for a hotel. An excellent base for the West End and Royal Parks. Always has taxis at the stand if you prefer not to use the underground.

Rooms looks old and not that clean
    • Queen Guestroom

The rooms looks old and not that clean even my friend room carpet had a bad smell . I don't think it worth the money I spent . However the location and staff were good

Distincly average for such an expensive hotel.
    • Queen Guestroom

The rooms were a little old and tired. I was in a designated smoking room (didn't realise you could still smoke indoors) with a smoker in the adjoining room. The result was the room stank and we ended up smoking the contents of the next room until we sealed the doors with towels and dressing gowns. The breakfast selection was good, but low stocks and cold food that had been standing in hot plates too long ruined it.

It's a great location and the views are spectacular. The room was spacious and well laid out with everything you need. A very comfy bed.

The staff couldn't do enough for us and the service is...
    • Queen Guestroom

You would expect the water to be hot and to be able to access wifi for £300+ per night

The staff couldn't do enough for us and the service is impeccable.

Allocated a room on the SMOKING FLOOR, but NON SMOKERS
    • Queen Guestroom

We told the hotel we were there to celebrate my Birthday and the receptionist I spoke to said she’d kindly give us a more spacious room.... little did we know we’d be brought to respiratory problems on the smoking floor!!!!! I wish she hadn’t bothered! Lighting in the room is very poor!!! (Not good at all for applying make up and having a stylist come to do your hair) Also there was a draft from the window (Terrible as it’s winter) The bathroom was full of limescale and there was some kind of yellow stain in the tub!?! When we first looked around we didn’t know where the toilet was..... Hidden behind the door (very small bathroom) There was also some muck on the floor which we covered with towels! The towel radiator was full of DUST!! The beds move..... As soon as you sit or attempt to lay!! There was a mix of plug sockets around the room which was good, just very limiting for UK sockets and none near the bed. Not the best hotel considering the location is PARK LANE!! I wouldn’t go back to this Hilton I’m afraid! On Saturday afternoon the cleaner came in and cleaned the room, she didn’t ask before spraying air freshers and I have terrible allergies and am still now suffering with a reaction!!!

I liked the location, as location is everything!! Porters we’re incredibly friendly and accommodating, they gave us umbrellas when it rained and we’re very efficient when we needed a taxi :)

I'll be back...................................... real soon
    • King Guestroom

Back room of the fitness center close at 8pm while the fitness room is open later on Sunday night.

Everything including fitness center was excellent. Internet was simple to connect, and power strong.

location is perfect, walking distance to most of tourist attraction, need attention on room

the room is overrated, bed is not comfy, need to be replaced actually, i felt like sleeping on a hole, no daily compliment water, need attention to many details on room

location is perfect, near to most of tourist attraction i.e. oxford street, big ben, buckingham palace. Staff was great, especially on front office and doorman

It was a luxury: expensive but enjoyable
    • Queen Guestroom

The aircon was noisy and the window didn't close properly.

A good hotel room should make you feel as if you are the first person to stay there. The bedroom at the Hilton got close.

Flexible timings, early check in and late check out

The service was bad, not cleaning the room. Their was a hair in the shower area when arriving,, their cleaning was so bad

Flexible timings, early check in and late check out

Hotel and location great, staff need customer service training
    • Queen Guestroom

The staff were appalling, we had a few issues and they came across aragant and rude including the manager.We often stay in Hiltons around the world, and the staff are always amazing even if there is an issue. Not here, long in the tooth and didn’t really care, they were argumentative and had to have the last word. It was a case of we are right you are wrong, unfortunate as the location and hotel its self were nice

Hotel its self was fine, not as good as other hilton locations

Excellent. A very Happy Birthday.
    • King Guestroom

Being asked for our room number in the executive lounge when no one else in the vicinity was asked. It was very embarrassing. I spoke to the member of staff concerned privately afterwards.

Beds great. Staff very friendly apart from one.

Not bad but could be better for the price charged
    • King Guestroom

Staff varied. The person who initially checked me in was great and very helpful. When I returned to get my key the woman on reception acted as if everything. Was just too much effort The room was very tired and needed redecoration, makes on carpet and looked generally run down

Good location; good facilities

Very beautiful Hotel with great bar upstairs, clean.

Some staff member just really seemed so bland, lifeless, had bad checking in at the reception, first impression ruined. No Valet parking.

Very beautiful Hotel with great bar upstairs, clean.

You could have freshly made muffins at breakfast as well...
    • Twin Guestroom

Lift system of keying in floor number before you got into lift a bit confusing at times as the lifts that open are often not near to you and you miss them! There is not a big general lounge at ground level as all other Hiltons seem to have. You have to go upstairs to the Windows restaurant (floor 28) and bar if you just want to relax with a drink.

You could have freshly made muffins at breakfast as well omelettes. Excellent range of fruits and English breakfast. Also good range of gluten free for those who needed it. Evening meal in the Podium restaurant was very, very good (pricey but never mind).

Just the location
    • King Guestroom

Everything was bad .. the door handle was out of batteries and the room's card didnt work. They kept us waiting for 1 hour to change the batteries. The door then was opened even without card. Thank god no one has entered and stole our stuff. The room was full of dust.

Just the location

Good experience n good location
    • King Guestroom

Lobby seating area is compact, no enough seats, not arranged properly

Reception staff was exceptionally helpful this time. I stayed at least 3 times earlier in this hotel, but this was best experience by far

This is terrible as the staff is not professional and helpful, which is not worthy.

Staffs have difficulties on listening and understanding instructions with bad attitude at the same time, Which is disappointing to pay $3000 a night for this kind of service. Especially the staff who named Joey. It took us few times to simply check in, even we have already paid for the rooms. I felt I did something wrong when I first met the concierge lady as she stared at me without any smile and could not understand my words. It seems difficult for her to search the room with our names, which makes me curious about her language abilities.

The best in London

Cannot find a single fault !

Very very good all round . Room was spectacular with the oaf wonderful views of London . Staff brilliant even the girl who served us at breakfast had the biggest smile ! Well done Hilton .

Great place to stay with great views and good location
    • Executive King Room with Lounge Access

The breakfast hall got rather crowded at times and does not seem big enough for the amount of people that stay here. There is however the executive lounge for overflow but the service here is not as good.

Great views, Friendly and helpful staff. really good location. great breakfast and also lovely restaurants on site. Would definitely recommend to friends and family.

staff shout at customer RUDE
    • Queen Guestroom

Car parking staff are extremely rude. I felt I got treated like a thief and was only apologised too once I complained to management. I have never ever experienced such rude behaviour. I would advise all to be careful. To be honest had I the time I would create a blog to detail the appalling manner I was spoken to.

Recption staff and duty manager were great.

Worst value for money i have ever got in a London 5 star hotel
    • Twin Guestroom

bad value for money. we arrived 11 at night only for 1 night stay, the room was in bad condition with the shower barely working, it looked like 2 starts hotel not 5 starts I think also that they put customers who book via Booking.com in a very low hierarchy in getting good room, I stayed in this hotel many times before and this was the first time i booked via booking.com for this hotel and it was my worst experience there.

Friendly helpful staff.
    • Queen Guestroom

Valance on the bed was stained with what appeared to be vomit and the room had a certain aroma. This was very promptly and efficiently dealt with once reported.

Friendly helpful staff. Excellent room service

Good location not a nice room
    • Queen Guestroom

I didn't like the room didn't think it was worth the money old and dated I asked for a room upper floor and at to go on level.6 where everyone smoked not nice was dissapointed in this has I don't smoke I've never had this problem before with this hotel

I love this hotel

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

View was perfect!
    • Queen Guestroom

I got charged twice on my card and it's not the first time this has happened staying here. Be cautious!

View was perfect! Breakfast was spectacular!