Reviews of London Marriott Hotel County Hall 5 stars

London County Hall, Westminster Bridge Road, Lambeth, London, SE1 7PB, United Kingdom

#301 of 1,029 hotels in London

6.2

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Didn’t meet expectations of a Marriot - a shame

Two days to clear dirty dishes from room, having to ask for tea/coffee replenishment as forgotten when room serviced, bring charged for bar items when didn’t go there and having to get out of bed to present myself to the bar staff to prove it wasn’t me!

Nice spacious room. Good location.

I love this hotel

The room was right at the end of the corridor so it was a very long walk and there is only one set of lifts. I know this is because the building is a funny shape so they're forgiven.

I love this hotel. The location is superb and we had a great view from our window. We are returning guests and love it each time we come.

Staff attitude and poorly prepared room At £325 per night I expected some milk for my tea. A pen to complete my breakfast order and a pillow without lumps. Two drinks ( Archers and lemonade and a local beer) £23. Was all too expensive for the standard of service and facilities. No bath and I was put in a disabled room. Even though I thought I was getting a deluxe king room Sadly I have stayed at more expensive and a lot cheaper hotels and the service and facilities have been so much better

Worth every penny!!!

I stayed at this property on Sunday 22nd July, it was abso fab, I was already booked in to another hotel in London wich I left early to come and stay at this 1, and we are so glad that we did, staff were so friendly and helpful, food was delicious, rooms were very clean nd comfy. I'm planning another trip nxt month with my daughter and I'm definitely goin to be stayin here again.

Very memorable experience in central London.
    • Superior King Room with View of Parliament

We arrived a little before 3pm and the room was not ready, and we had to wait for another 30 minutes, which was a shame. However, they offered us free drinks at the bar while we were waiting.

The location and the overall impression was excellent, as was expected for this level of high standard hotel. The staff were all friendly and helpful. Breakfast was also delicious.

Marriott County Hall London
    • Superior King Room with View of Parliament

Unless we joined Marriott reward club. Had to pay for wi-fi. Don't expect that at £700 per night. Had to chase housekeeping to get our room serviced. The bar isn't air conditioned and you can't sit outside, as the garden/terrace overlooking the river doesn't belong to the hotel. Also, there seemed to be a general shortage of advertised drinks. Went for the early check in offer, but only got in our room half an hour before normal check in, so not really worth the extra £50. Breakfast offerings were mediocre at best. Have enjoyed a lot better at hotels charging a quarter of the price.

Location and view were excellent. Staff were also very good.

Room and view
    • King Room with River View

Ordered wine and chocolate to be delivered to room as a surprise for my wife's birthday before arriving, wasn't there and had to go down to reception twice and ring twice from room .

Room and view

Really friendly staff, lovely little touches like brownie...

Nothing that I didn't like

Really friendly staff, lovely little touches like brownie and glass of fizz on check in, amazing location, lovely room

London County Marriott
    • King Room with River View

They took to long to answer personal room requests

Everything else was EXCELLENT! The food was simply outstanding. The staff was very attentive. The location was right in the center of all the major sites. Could not be a better place to stay.

I will not go again and Booking.com has let me down.

I was promised a bath tub but ended with a shower only. Standard stupid phrase - all rooms are booked so nothing can be done.

nothing special. A £ 70 accommodation nearby was fantastic

Location, confort and the attention of the Reception (Mr.
    • Superior King Room with View of Parliament

The breakfast does not worth. It is better to does not include it in the booking.

Location, confort and the attention of the Reception (Mr. Angel) during the check-in / check-out.

Lovely stay.

Breakfast was ok but not the best spread for a 5*. There is a fitness centre but no spa treatments.

Excellent customer service, ALL staff said good morning etc . Nice comfortable and friendly bar area for pre/post dinner drinks. All areas spotlessly clean. Lovely large shower and bathroom. The staff are the BEST thing about this hotel and I hope the management are aware of this.

We enjoyed our time in London but our stay in the Marriott didn’t live up to expectations

The staff at breakfast didn’t seem to be very happy and every morning our table was left without cutlery and we were given pot of warm tea twice. Our bill was calculated wrong at check out and after 30 mins delay finally we had it corrected.

The shower was very nice as were the beds

Extremely comfortable bed, room and bathroom.
    • King Room with River View

Extremely comfortable bed, room and bathroom. Only problem we encountered was we were unable to check in when we arrived at about 2.30, so left our luggage with receptionist and telephone number so we could be contacted when the room was available. We were contacted about 4.05 by which time we had gone into central London. We returned about 6.00, checked in and when we asked if our luggage would be in our room we were told it would be but it wasn’t. Tried phoning reception but no reply, necessitating another 200 step trip to the lift and back to reception. We had not been given a ticket by receptionist so had to accompany someone to the left luggage area to identify our luggage which was then brought to our room. Extremely comfortable bed, room and bathroom. Only problem we encountered was we were unable to check in when we arrived at about 2.30, so left our luggage with receptionist and telephone number so we could be contacted when the room was available. We were contacted about 4.05 by which time we had gone into central London. We returned about 6.00, checked in and when we asked if our luggage would be in our room we were told it would be but it wasn’t. Tried phoning reception but no reply, necessitating another 200 step trip to the lift and back to reception. We had not been given a ticket by receptionist so had to accompany someone to the left luggage area to identify it. It was then brought to our room.

Terrible

Never make special arrangements at this hotel, they are unorganised no team work. Nobody knows what’s going on. I requested a few amenities before my arrival as a suprise for my fiancé, but when I checked in no one was even aware of it I had to show my emails with the service. Then after I had to go downstairs 4 x plus we went outside came back still not there. It was ridicoulous, I’ve never seen such a mass anywhere else. The room was dirty and dust everywhere. The only good thing about this hotel is the location.

I couldn’t use the hotel hair dryer in the bathroom because...
    • Superior King Room with View of Parliament

I couldn’t use the hotel hair dryer in the bathroom because the plug didn’t fit the bathroom outlet. The inside door locks didn’t work properly. The long mirror needs to be on the opposite closet door.

Welcoming, luxurious and great staff

Nothing, you have it in the bag.

Staff were fantastic, friendly & nothing was too much trouble. Room immaculate, food & room service excellent, looking forward to my stay next year for London Marathon

I very much enjoyed my stay at the Marriott County Hall and look forward to my next visit.

Staff, rooms, public spaces (i.e lobby/restaurant), hotle location, near by amenties were excellent.

The level of customer care and staff were exceptional; I felt very special.

Great location!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds and River View

The room was too hot. We paid for a view and we got a small window to one side of the room with a view. We were not told about the lounge when we checked in so we didn’t use it.

Staff excellent and helpful. Breakfast portions big!

Not a 5 star breakfast.

Room a long walk from the lift. Breakfast items ran out and took 30 mins to replace. Our room keys were accidentally deactivated and as I didn’t have any photo ID was made to feel very uncomfortable and not believed. Some rooms have a very poor view which looks like a prison .

Central location

There was no bath despite is being advertised with one.

There was no bath despite is being advertised with one. We were also challenged twice about breakfast, once upon arriving and then again in the morning

The staff could not have been more helpful.
    • King Room with River View

The staff could not have been more helpful. from the moment we arrived, throughout the stay, they were always on hand. They even supplied a bottle of bubbly, which was a lovely surprise when we returned to our room after a little trip to see the sights. Breakfast was amazing, and on time to our room. Just a full stop excellent experience! And a special mention for Tomas on the reception desk, who from my first phone call to the hotel en route that morning, to my other calls, and arrival at the hotel, he was polite and incredibly helpful. I believe I overheard he had only been in the country for a couple fo months, so I assume he us new to the hotel, so what a start! well done Tomas.

Good

Please consider hot items of food must be hot like an egg, bacon, susage and the variety of food for breakfast 4 days are exactly the same.

Front Desk Staff Helen is really helpful and assist everything for my early check-in (Refresh, Wifi, Breakfast, etc....)

On the whole we enjoyed our stay and overall were pleased with service, apart from points mentioned.
    • Superior King Room with View of Parliament

Check out staff on Reception. Housekeeping staff knocked on room door at least 4 times before noon on check out day - way too keen to get into room to start cleaning - made us feel uncomfortable. Chairs in bar uncomfortable and bar too dark to read menu. Chairs in restaurant too low for tables.

Check in staff on Reception. Room design & cleanliness. View of Thames. Bar & restaurant staff friendly & efficient.

Perfect for a London treat weekend
    • Superior King Room with View of Parliament

My only minor gripe... the beds weren’t perfectly turned down. Duvet covers were creased etc. There’s an added service charge on the included breakfast

Absolutely stunning hotel in such a perfect location

4* Quality and Service at a 5* Price

I don't like the fact that you have to pay for the wifi. The television was constantly loosing signal. One light in the room didn't work (was rectified however). The left my dirty crockery and cutlery in my room overnight. Charged my partner tray charge even though he went down to bar and ordered from the bar (think that's bang out of order) Think they should include a welcome drink. The gym has classes, that should of been advertised outside of gym as well.

I like the fact that they bought my suitcase up to my room. Bed was very comfy. Shower was lovely.

Lovely hotel & room - not so fussed on restaurant

The restaurant let the place down a little. We had a meal in the evening and one breakfast. The service was quite slow at dinner and the portion size for the veggie option was a bit small. At breakfast, no one explained the set-up & asking for de-caff tea was too much for the staff-we got regular. I would definitely stay at the hotel again but would not use the restaurant.

The room was lovely - we had a nice view of the Millenium Eye & the cleanliness was spot on. The shower was very powerful & the towels thick & soft. As it was my husband’s birthday, a huge slice of decorated chocolate tart was in our room on arrival which was very kind of the hotel.

Friendly staff and great service throughout

Exec Lounge was disappointing - low spec relative to hotel. Limited breakfast and not well stocked so some items missing when you needed or wanted them.

Friendly staff and great service throughout

Fabulous in every way:)

I cant really think of anything

Im not sure what the Genius perks you mention are above so cant rate this. The staff were very friendly and couldnt do enough for you. Very helpful when I needed to print something, get directions, asking me would I like something else etc...Our room had an excellent view and was large with plenty of storage space for our luggage, very clean and an extremely comfortable bed. We didnt use the fitness area or pool as we were short on time but it was the best we have ever seen. Drinks, food everything was excellent.

A great place to base from in London

Attempts to upsell for a better room unwelcome Breakfast disappointing - virtually no fruit, much of the cooked breakfast already gone Omlette took more than 20 minutes to arrive

Evening meal in Gilrays - Excellent Cocktails - Excellent

Good location for a romantic weekend or a business events

The only down side was having only one sitting chair in the room as it meant that one of us had to sit on the bed. When asking for an additional chair, we got a "basic conference chair placed beside a nice lounge chair in the room. In short, this was not an acceptable solution. Also, WiFi why there is a need to charge £7 a day for WiFi at an expensive hotel when you get it for free at a smaller and less lucrative operations i.e. coffee shops.

The staff tentivness, location, the comfort of the room, the hotel atmosphere and cleanliness

Excellent location, amazing views of the Thames & London Skyline, very comfortable & friendly staff
    • King Room with River View

The room was very good, but the TV reception, the signal kept on breaking up. No complimentary bottled water for overnight.

The bar, the restaurant, the staff who went out their way to help. Amazing views of the Thames & London skyline.

Very central, clean beautiful hotel. Avoid room service

Room service, food was cold, the peas my Son had were stall and dry. The extra costs of room service were very high... Tv didn't work well in the room.

Breakfast was lovely. Rooms were super clean. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

Fantastic Hotel, Great Location, Wonderful Staff & Scrummy Breakfast...
    • Superior King Room with View of Parliament

Thirteen of us, family and friends with children, stayed here for a weekend Christmas treat. We visited the Sealife aquarium (underneath the hotel) and the London Eye (100 paces from the hotel) and we all had an amazing time. The staff made the whole experience wonderful. Breakfast was superb... all-in-all, I would happily recommend this hotel to anyone visiting London, especially for the places mentioned above and The Houses of Parliament / Big Ben.

Everything excellent - staff couldn’t have done more

Having to leave - as it was also the day we were moving house 🏠

Made a special dessert for our arrival in the room for my wife’s 30th birthday - accompanied by a bottle of fizz - 👍🏻🍾 Accutally made her cry as she was so overwhelmed x

Good hotel BUT the food was very poor and the meat steaks were appallingly tough and inedible.

THE FOOD - the ribeye steak we each had in the restaurant was appalling - they were inedible - they were tough and grizzly - even the steak knife was unable to cut through them - as for our teeth being able the chew them that was impossible. They were not cheap per se and should have been tender and succulent not only for the price we paid for them but also for the restaurant’s own reputation. THE BREAKFAST selection was poor - we have had better at Ibis Hotels when touring in our car.

The room . The location.

Beautiful

Mini bar was over priced - £3 for a mars bar !

Staff were genuinely kind and friendly - it wasn’t over the top or put on and forced Room was a really good size with excellent facilities

Excellent ! Would love to book again.
    • King Room with River View

The breakfast service was a little disorganised although the staff were very friendly.

Loved it ! Loved the river side London Eye room that we requested ! The hotel was very accommodating !!!

Beautiful hotel in excellent location; a few extra touches would make all the difference

At that room rate I would expect free WiFi and complimentary water. Plus, supposed to have bathrobe and slippers but there weren’t any.

Staff were very friendly and polite, excellent location and room was very clean with everything you needed.

Disappointed
    • Superior King Room with View of Parliament

At the very beginning during check in itself we were put in a very upsetting and inconvenient situation at the fault of the Manager of that day. Without following proper check in protocol, she simply told us our fully paid for reservation was invalid and there is nothing she could do about it and embarassingly, told us to sort the issue ourselves. After a 7 hour flight, the inconvenience and discomfort caused by this could be imaginable. Furthermore when we asked for viable solution to resolve the matter, she recommended we make a fresh booking which was ridiculous considering we had already paid upfront for two rooms. ( when we showed proper payment records she insinuated they were fabricated as it was not showing on their system) finally when she relaized that the booking was legitimate, she didnt not even apologize to us for this extremely insulting situation and aimply handed over the rest of the procedure to the receptionist and left the scene. Truly one our worst check in experiences. Would recommentd to Marriot authorities to uphold it’s prestigious reputation by ensuring the staff they intake have atleast a good guest friendly to say the least.

The hotel was lovely and clean. Rooms had wonderful decor and ambience.

Excellent location , lovely room and comfortable bed .
    • King Room with River View

Noisy air conditioning, couldn't turn it off . Breakfast was disappointing for a hotel of this quality .

Excellent location , lovely room and comfortable bed .

It was nice, staff very freindly, location good but disappointed in parking and drinks costs

I didn't like the fact as a paying guest the price they charged for the parking. I do think that £42 a day as a paying guest is very excessive. I would have thought at least a discount would have been offered. Also I was not impressed with being charged a service charge in the hotel bar of £4.55 for the lady to bring the drinks to us when we was quite happy to take them to our seats ourselves. The prices for the drinks were also very over priced however I do understand we were in London.

The room was lovely and when asked for them to provide a little something for my partner for his birthday they gave us a birthday cake and bottle of bubbly and springled bed with petals. very lovely

Apart from the few issues mentioned above, we found the hotel to be an oasis of calm next to Westmin

Our room (309) was located a considerable distance from the lift (not good if you have a problem walking), there were no dressing gowns in the room or shoe cleaning facilities. There was no complimentary bottled water (which we have had in other hotels with lower star ratings) and no hot chocolate with the tea/coffee making stuff. Also, internet was only free of charge in the public areas of the hotel. If you wanted it in your room you had to pay for it.

The staff were extremely pleasant and helpful. The location was excellent. The Hotel was busy, but not too frenetic.

Hotel was great and recently renovated.
    • Suite with River View and Lounge Access

The room service & housekeeping was very VERY SLOW.

Hotel was great and recently renovated. Had the one bedroom suite and it was amazing. The location is quite far but if you use the underground there will be no issues.

Great location, great views

Made error and left wife name off booking, then wanted to charge us extra £30 for breakfast. We declined and neither of us had breakfast!

Nice room, great view from our room, friendly staff. Celebrating wedding anniversary and hotel left bottle of wine and cakes in our room. Such a lovely gesture and made our stay even better.

Excellent for 80% very disappointing for 20%

I booked a table for two in the restaurant for my wife and myself. When we entered the dinning room we were shown to a table next to a group of eight very boisterous young Americans. The noise was very loud and although we waited for several minutes, we put up with it. When the waitress came for our order, we asked if we could change tables. She went away and came back with who I imagine was the restaurant manager. He said, it wouldn't matter where we sat, the noise would be the same. We both got up and left the restaurant. Although we found an alternative restaurant close by, we were completely shocked by the managers response. I believe, a 5 star hotel ( and its 5 star costs) should not employ a two star restaurant manager.

The general stay was excellent and the location is excellent.
    • Superior King Room with View of Parliament

Overall the hotel was very good. However we unfortunately had to report a bad smell issue with the room, this was either the drains or the bathroom floor. Also on occasion the staff needed to listen to our orders, which they unfortunately got wrong on several occasions.

The general stay was excellent and the location is excellent.

Amazing, staff go above and beyond!
    • Superior King Room with View of Parliament

My husband and I were on our honeymoon, and the staff made us feel very welcome with little treats in the room! One of the best hotels we have stayed in, thank you very much

The building is impressive, room was great, staff could have been better.
    • King Room with River View

At reception, the staff weren't expecting us because the room had mistakenly been booked in my daughters name. The details must have defaulted to hers as they were the last ones I booked. I would have expected booking.com to flag this to enable me to change back to my details. This caused a lot of fuss at check in which wasn't a great start to a special trip for our anniversary.

The room was lovely - great facilities and view of the river.

Overall very nice
    • Superior King Room with View of Parliament

The restaurant food very boring and lacking quality no change between lunch and dinner. The communication at the front desk is very poor; train and develop the staff.

The rooms are very spacious for London and bathroom is really nice

Sublime and happy memories.
    • Superior King Room with View of Parliament

Having to go outside the Hotel grounds to smoke, but that's my problem.

Every thing about this Hotel is top notch. There is an old saying "You get what you pay for ", it applies here.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

Talk about a room with a view!

No complaints.

Fabulous location near Westminster bridge. Easy walking distance to all popular destination landmarks, city parks, shopping and traditional English pubs. This hotel could not be in a better location. Unobstructed view of the London eye, Thames and Westminster.

• Superior King Room with View of Parliament

breakfast - staff was very much out of reality, coffee need to ask many times, not all items available all the time, if asked ... answer was something and sorry looks that all staff is from somewhere eastern europe, hotel with such rating?? why??

I didnt get what was agreed upon smoothly,and it was bad.

I really regret the money I have paid, no welcome at all, The room was last room in the hotel in six Floor, and to reached their you need 15 to 20 minutes and more very far,so the service was slow and late. no slippers or a bathrobe in the room, although it was a five star hotel and I have paid 329.75 GBP per night, and for four night 1,310.00GBP. Equivalent 129KD per night. I decided to make checkout, then they change my room to the room that I have booked through booking .com (the same one in the pic). I Wonder why from the begging they didn't give me the room witch was agreed upon while it was available !!!!!!. with this service and to see a slight piece of river view it's not worth it to pay all this money at all.

only that they have a coffee and tea, the breakfast was good, the croissant wasn't that good its chewing, SANDA one of the employee in the restaurant was serving with love, make the stay at the hotel bearable.

Certainly not our choice in future

Room was not what we requested. No dressing gowns, slippers. Automatic light in wardrobes not suitable. Staff pleasant but under trained.

Comfortable bed, good sized bathroom.

The hotel is located at a very nice spot and near to most of...
    • Superior King Room with View of Parliament

We received a different type of bed, purchase two bed and received one King. The rooms are too small. I was very dissapointed because there were no view as the picure of the hotel mention. I had two rooms, on one of them, the window was high and not able to see the big Ben, and the other had obstructed view to the big Ben.

The hotel is located at a very nice spot and near to most of the attractions

A memorable stay
    • Superior King Room with View of Parliament

The breakfast is changeless. To Chinese stomach, it's hard to accept these foods for seven days. We went out for breakfast sometimes.

The location is good (Jubilee Line Westminster Station), facilitate visitors touring around London. Room is quiet, big and with BigBen room view. Waiters and waitress are polite, warm and willing to help.

- location was great
    • Superior King Room with View of Parliament

Be very careful when you are booking the room. Think about the m2 because we booked room for 3 adults and got one big bed and one bed for little little child.

- location was great - silnece everywhere

Extremely satisfied stay! Very family friendly! Definitely come back again!
    • Superior King Room with View of Parliament

All the staffs in the hotel are very kind and helpful, especially Alexander, who worked at the front desk on 05July2017 around 2:30pm. He was so kind and very patiently explained everything we should know. Great helper! We are extremely satisfied with our stay in Marriott County Hall! Will definitely come back again! Great views from the room, and both the light-blocked curtains and the sound proof windows are excellent!

Nice but expensive place in the very hart of London
    • Superior King Room with View of Parliament

You need to ask for slippers and robe, I found none in my room. View on Big Ben was partly spoiled by view directly into Eye cabins. Price is high, but you wont get mush for it. Bar is cute, but cocktails are strange. Some drivers can not find right turn to the Hotel, so better look after them.

Best location for sure! Good classical design, nice place!

An excellent hotel in a great location
    • Superior King Room with View of Parliament

Not very much! We would gladly stay here again. On the Sunday morning, there was a small hiccup at breakfast as staff struggled to keep the buffet stocked with bacon and sausage from the kitchen. The supplies ran out and there was a delay of 15mins or so. It was c 9.20am and not particularly busy. There were no problems at all on Monday and Tuesday so this may have been a 'one off' issue. My adult daughter stayed with is in the same room. The temporary bed was of a good standard and not intrusive given the size and shape of the room but there was no close/turn down service and we had to unfold the bed each night. Also, the room was not fitted out with an extra mug, bathrobe, slippers, towels etc. The matter was promptly and efficiently dealt with within a few minutes of our call to reception but the booking was clear enough so I'm not sure why this cannot be picked up before arrival. I appreciate this is a city hotel not a resort hotel but for the price, I expected better.

The hotel is superbly located and close to many of our favourite places in London. The tube is nearby and you can also catch a boat nearby to travel further afield to say, Greenwich. The room was newly refurbished, clean and bright with excellent views over the Thames towards Westminster. Staff were helpful and attentive at all times. The food at breakfast was good with fresh fruit and quality ingredients.

Great staff, service & location but Breakfast was poor
    • Superior King Room with View of Parliament

Pillows could be better. Breakfast was poor, eggs and bacon too dry. Also $20 for kids is overpriced as they only had cereal and one egg each

Great staff, service & location.

Practically perfect in every way.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Check in didn't explain what facilities were available to us. We had to ask about breakfast and check out times etc. Also we should have been able to use the Executive Club but we were not told about this and only found out at breakfast the following morning because we we ate in the main restaurant and not the Executive area. They also kept asking us the purpose of the booking and I had explained on booking that it was a 60th birthday treat. Also we had to wait 15 minutes for some of the breakfast components and when the mushrooms arrived they were cold. Not very good value at £22 per head.

The building was fantastic, the staff were welcoming and we loved the swimming pool.

Excellent , very enjoyable

Restaurant , food quality not worth the cost. Too many delays in serving the food. Breakfast was not worth the cost . Selection not extensive enoigh

Room and location

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Great location, exceptional breakfast, friendly staff
    • King Room with River View

Had a river view room. Unfortunately it was facing the river at a 45 degree angle and facing down river away from Big Ben and Parliament (facing the London Eye), so did not get the quintessential London view I was expecting.

Great location, exceptional breakfast, friendly staff

great ancient building, really nice rooms but we would not come back here.
    • King Room with River View

For a 5 star restaurant, the breakfast was really poor. The english cuisine of course, but there were only 3 different kind of bread/sandwiches, no boiled eggs, no salmon or any fish... and it took some time before they refilled empty things.

the hotel is located in the former old city hall... its one of the most beautiful buildings in London. Its close to underground station and right in front of the big ben and the London Eye.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

The entire atmosphere was so welcoming
    • Superior King Room with View of Parliament

I tried calling from the states to arrange for transportation pick up and was told I needed to put the request in writing - address given was not correct. I finally gave up..

The entire atmosphere was so welcoming

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

Killer location, but you pay for it.
    • Superior King Room with View of Parliament

Pretty mediocre breakfast in the main dining room. Cold food items were fine, but the hot food was not well prepared. Dried out and bland tasting.

Very quiet rooms. Liked all of the wood that's used in the interior space. The hotel has character.

Perfect location and great view!
    • Superior King Room with View of Parliament

Not the hotels fault but we had ignorant parents that allowed their children to run and yell in the hallway for a while in the morning and wild in the room late at night! 😁

Our son wanted a view of Big Ben and we got exactly what we paid for. We drove our rental to the hotel and paid for parking for 3 days and used the black cabs that were always available. The staff were excellent and the room was comfortable and clean.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

Perfect location but beware the lounge.

The lounge staff were untrained. They were friendly, clean and polite but had no idea how to perform their job. We practically had to tackle them to get them to bring our snacks and drinks. They were visiting with each other when they had customers in the lounge waiting for them.

The room size, and furnishings and the other hotel amenities were outstanding.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

70th birthday.
    • King Room with River View

I booked a table for the evening of 21st April as it was my wifes 70th birthday I requested a bottle of Champagne to be put on ice at our table, this did not happen. We ordered some other wine but this was very disappointing.

Good food and drinks

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Excellent stay at London Marriott Hotel - One of a kind
    • Superior King Room with View of Parliament

Excellent location , Great Decoration/environment , Very clean room and facilities , very friendly , professional and ready to help staff . A special note and our thanks to Thanos from Greece , at the reception , who greeted us and made the appropriate check in arrangements . Excellent member of staff .

Booked, 2 doubled bedded room almost 5 months in advance and...

Nice hotel and location.

Booked, 2 doubled bedded room almost 5 months in advance and this was not available, then even though we were let down on this as it was the only reason we booked this hotel and used Booking.com! To add insult the room had only a double bed in and not additional bed even though it was clearly a booking for 3 and the double bed was requested. Poor from the hotel and a VERY misleading booking engine on the booking.com website which clearly does not stress that your booking is only a request until after you take the booking. I will be reporting my comments to Stranding Standards as an official compliant.

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

Wonderful staff make a beautiful hotel even better

Every member of staff went above and beyond to ensure that our stay at the Marriott County Hall was absolutely fantastic. When I mentioned at check-in that my husband and I were spending a last night together before he went away for four months' work, we were asked to wait in the (stunning) bar for ten minutes and when we went up to our room there were rose petals on the bed and complimentary champagne in an ice-bucket plus a box of chocolate truffles. Incredible service and such a lovely surprise! The room itself was perfect, the bed sumptuous and everything had been recently renovated in a luxurious, modern style that still managed to echo and complement the history of the building. Little touches like being able to easily link our laptop to the TV and watch movies from our own Netflix account was a huge bonus. The hotel and amenities were beautiful but it was the wonderful, friendly service where nothing was too much trouble that made our stay so memorable. I hope we'll be back soon!

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Nice Stay. Excellent Staff
    • Superior King Room with View of Parliament

refrigerator was not cold enough. breakfast could be better.

spacious room, with comfortable beds. great staff and service. nice view of big Ben. i forgot my phone charger, and found it kept well next day.

Browse London Marriott Hotel County Hall traveller photo gallery