Reviews of London Marriott Hotel Kensington 4 stars

147 Cromwell Road, Kensington and Chelsea, London, SW5 0TH, United Kingdom

#503 of 977 hotels in London

5.3

• Deluxe Queen Room

I personally found breakfast in the dinning room a little confusing.a lot of people around going to different places for food.but staff were very helpful.

Room bright and cheerful,no real view from the window Bathroom very clean with all facilities needed for a relaxing bath Bed comfy ,soft pillows ,light duvet, Air con a bit fierce but we were able yo turn it down

• Deluxe Twin or Single Room

Receptionist was very rude when I checked in. Was told breakfast included when booking then when arrived at hotel was told would have to pay extra for breakfast

Location and comfort of rooms

• Deluxe Queen Room

Service in the restaurant at dinner was slow. Wouldn't have minded if I was with an adult but was a bit difficult waiting with a child. 25 min wait after drinks order before food order was taken.

The staff were very helpful and really lovely with my 8 year old daughter. Breakfast was great , my daughter loved the buffet! Room was very comfortable and spotlessly clean.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Having to pay for wifi in the room. We didn't!

Great place to stay. We stayed for 2 nights. Only a 5-10 minute walk from Gloucester Road tube station. Staff were extremely friendly. Room was very comfortable and spacious. Breakfast was very good too with plenty to offer

• Deluxe Queen Room

The air conditioning was easy to work as the weather was very warm. The room was clean and welcoming. The staff were all excellent, friendly and helpful.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Only insist try catered for 2 when 4 were booked into the room so has to ask for extra cups, glasses etc

Location, big beds, bath and shower and supply of tea/ coffee and complimentary toiletries in bathroom

• Deluxe Queen Room

The rooms were very dated. The rugs and wall coverings were dated. The price was a smidge high for what we were provided.

The price was a smidge high for the dated furniture and size of the room. The staff were exceptionally friendly and nice. It was very comfortable and I would stay there again. The neighbourhood is wonderful, although hit is not the courtyard. If I was to stay in London it would either be the much more expensive Courtyard or the Kensington.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Our room was roasting and the AC did not work. There was a lack of plug sockets and ones there were did not have uk sockets. Wi-fi not included which for a luxury hotel seems poor.

large room and friendly staff.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room was lovely..612..but in comparison to the room we had last October..I think it was 503..it was a little cramped. Apart from that it was fantastic.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Extended stay with a different room in the same hotel, took the concierge a little over 2 hours to shift my luggage to the new room.

Friendly staff, Cozy lobby, overall a very good experience.

• Deluxe Queen Room

There were no slippers or bathrobes provided, the bathroom floor was really cold and unpleasant. Overall the bathroom facilities were very dissatisfying. The bed was not so comfy because the mattress was rather hard.

The location is very nice and breakfast is also quite enjoyable. Friendly staff :)

• Deluxe Queen Room

Comfortable stay at Marriot Kensington Hotel. Very good breakfast with a good variety of food and good service. Room was very clean and the standard room size is above average of London hotels. It is not a cheap hotel but good choice in London for similar type hotels. Met the expectations.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Breakfast was very poor, bacon was unbearable and orange juice seemed very watered down. Access to room was out of the way almost like a service room with a small door old carpets, felt like a different hotel. Room was nice but no insulation between rooms, could hear conversation above and to the sides with no problem and you could hear everyone walking outside the door.There is also £10 a day fee for wifi if you're not a member there.

Very comfy bed, grand entrance

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Only thing I did not like was that I had to leave.

Like the convenient location, proximity to two train stations, Sainsbury market, and Kensington High Street

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The no parking spaces & the cost per day. I was shocked the car park only had about 10 spaces & nearly all were gone. The room wasn’t very clean & rather small.

The staff were fantastic & the bed was very comfortable. The location to the underground was good.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Our room was positioned next to a bridge that went over the road and there was an annoying squeaking noise every time someone used the bridge, hard to block the noise out when you are in bed

The bed was very comfy, the staff were all lovely and the breakfast choice was one of the best I have seen

• Deluxe Queen Room

No Free WiFi??? Shocking! Deposit for room when you arrive? Can hear all noise's from corridor outside room, terrible view of fan ducts, pillows too soft, air conditioning did not work!

Big rooms, TV selection, Comfortable Mattress, Gloucester Road Station

• Deluxe Queen Room

Bathroom a bit tired, but acceptable, view from our window of room 316 was a brick wall, would’ve changed rooms if we were staying more than one night!! The staff let us in our room a lot earlier than the 3pm check in which made all the difference and we were very grateful! The room had lovely decor.

Staff were fab! Comfy beds! Breakfast and bar very convenient!

• Deluxe Queen Room

Some heating in the restaurant.....it was freezing! My daughter had to go to the room and fetch my coat. I ate my meal with my coat on. Also there was only 1 waiting staff even though it wasn't that busy We still had to wait.....service was a little slow.

The comfy bed and fabulous pillows!

• Deluxe Queen Room

The car park is minute with no dedicated disabled parking. Assistance with this would have been appreciated, particularly for the price.

Reception were especially helpful regarding my mobility issues, double checking for accessible rooms.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Dated hotel,poor facilities in e ecutive lounge,charges for internet

The executive lounge was a joke- nothing available and we were made to feel extremely uncomfortable when we went to sit in there circa 9.30pm Hotel tired,needs to be updated.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Car park should not even be advertised as a car park. Not a chance you will get your car in there so if you are staying at this hotel, make arrangements to park elsewhere.

Location was good, room was really nice. Very clean.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Asking for £10 to use the wifi in 2018. Luckily it was possible to sign into the free Premier Inn wifi next door. Maybe better to stay there?

Clean with good size rooms

• Deluxe Queen Room

Car parking spaces quite small, but still great to have them available.

Staff were brilliant. Rooms were clean, functional and comfortable. Breakfast good.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Arrived in the cold snap and the restaurant and bar was very cold.

Excellent location and quite near to Gloucester Road underground. Staff very professional, friendly and helpful. Liked the hotel a lot. My room was clean and fine for a 3 night stay.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Room size, view, cold water on bathroom mixer tap not working properly!

Sergei on reception was excellent, as were other staff whose names I cant remember at the minute unfortunately.

• Deluxe Queen Room

On arrival we were told we had to pay an additional £50 which we wasn’t aware of so we paid a total of £169 for the room instead of £119. We paid for a deluxe queen room but the room seemed very standard to us apart from a big tv. We could only get hot water from the taps in the bathroom which wasnt particularly great when brushing our teeth. The shower was so powerful it actually was painful to use so we had to opt for a bath instead which was lovely but annoying when you wanted a quick shower. The room was very cold and the bedding wasn’t very thick, we couldn’t get the heater to work so we had to ring down for extra bedding but was provide with a very thin throw type blanket, we asked about changing rooms but was told they had nothing else available, the hotel itself was very well presented, beautiful building but our room was very disappointing, we paid more to have that added comfort during our stay but in all honesty I feel we could have stayed at the premier inn, paid less and It would have been more pleasant. I have stayed at a couple of Marriott hotels in the past, this stay won’t put me off future bookings as I haven’t had this happen before perhaps just a one off but it did ruin our stay.

Th staff were very friendly, polite and helpful, the location was lovely.

• Deluxe Queen Room

We stayed on the 8th floor and there seems to be some loud mechanical sounds apparent at night which affected our sleeping.

Breakfasts and service are excellent. Staff very helpful and friendly. Rooms very clean and comfortable.

• Deluxe Queen Room

The free WiFi wasn't exactly free. They sign you up for the rewards program and you buy £10 in credit which is supposedly given back. I didn't bother as I stayed only one night and used my mobile data for what I needed. Had I stayed longer, I'd be annoyed. The air-con was very noisy. It needs some maintenance done.

Good location, surrounded by bars and restaurants, 10 minutes walking distance from the tube, nice room size, super clean and comfortable. The bathroom is very good and the shower is powerful.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The cooked breakfast could have been more hot, went to sit down and eat but it was just slightly warm. Croissants and other pastries were a little stale. Overall was a decent breakfast but not the best.

Staff were lovely and very helpful, spacious family rooms!

• Deluxe Queen Room

1/ Strangely, the restaurant had run out of croissants @ breakfast! 2/ The 'Mini-bar' in the room, had nothing in it! Not even ice!

The bed was fabulous.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Receptionist wasn't the most confident...could hear people in nearby rooms. Light on ceiling (smoke detector / sprinkler or similar) was distracting during sleep.

Good location, clean and tidy rooms. Excellent price for London and S.Kensington location...plenty of nearby restaurants and coffee shops. Walk-able to Royal Albert Hall and Natural History Museum.

• Junior Suite with Executive Lounge Access

It was a bit further from the sightseeing places we wanted to go but the hotel was so nice that I would still pick this hotel over other closer ones again.

We had the Junior suite with executive floor access. I couldn't believe how big and wonderful the room was. And the executive floor access had breakfast, snacks and drinks throughout the day, and small items in the evening. The price was great for what we got. I couldn't recommend this hotel anymore than I do. It also had US plugs so that helped as we had limited converters.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

We booked the family room with 2 double beds. It was a pleasant stay with great staff service that tries to accommodate our stay. Knowing that we’ve booked the hotel without wifi (I thought I saw it on booking.com) the staff gave us free membership that entitled us free wifi for our stay. We love this hotel, it’s spacious and clean. Only 6 mins walk to Gloucester road or 4 mins to Earl Court. I will definitely book this hotel again for my next visit.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Noisy neighbours above room 504!!!! No chocolate pots on room service for 2 nights in a row. No mini bar.

Comfy beds. Friendly staff. Nice breakfast.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Noisy children alone in room next door. Bathroom decor a little tired. WiFi in room extra. Charge for changing double to twin room. Service charge in bar. Miserable reception staff who didn’t speak English well.

Good location. Spacious, warm room. Breakfast good selection.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Hotel was cold. We ate in the bar the first night with our coats on and water too cold to shower first day. Had to put water in the sink and that kept draining out. Said to girl on reception. Second day it was Luke warm. Very disappointing.

Beds really comfy... lovely reception staff. Decor and room lovely.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Waited for the reception to check me in - in two rooms over 40 minutes !! Service was very poor - even after letting her know I had a theatre production to go to watch !!

• Deluxe Queen Room

Though we were on the 5th floor the room was noisy. Could hear shower in next room and cleaners in morning. Air conditioning so noisy we couldn't sleep with it on. Not impressed by this stay sadly.

Marriott always has comfy beds. Staff were polite.

• Deluxe Queen Room

I chose this hotel specifically so I could use the gym facilities before my conference in the morning. Sadly access was restricted between 8am and 4pm (my conference was 8:30am-6pm). These opening times were not advertised by booking.com or the Marriot on their website. I would have probably stayed somewhere else as a result.

It was a good location for me and the bed was comfortable.

• Deluxe Queen Room

The food at the restaurant didn't meet our expectations. However, there's plenty of good food around in London so we weren't too bothered.

We could check in early, and also leave our baggage with the concierge after we checked out, so we could travel around London without our baggages before our flight at night. The room was very comfortable.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Gap between the bed and the tv stand was too small for me. Fridge was empty. A little trouble with the door entry card.

Excellent facilities (bar and breakfast ... top notch), friendly staff and we both had a great nights sleep. Everything was very clean.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Waffle station went down well with my children. The consierge were brilliant. Nothing was too much trouble for the reception staff. I lost my glasses - housekeeping found them and were returned to me. Great Location for London Musuems. Onsite bar and grill were brilliant and the posh takeaway pizza bar was a great touch. Family rooms included 2 proper double beds instead of 1 camp bed and 1 normal bed - so no arguments !!

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

They charge me 300pound on my check in as a deposite for my expenses in charge ! While i payed all my accomadation on line , also my familly sweet is too small to fit 4 persons !!

The location is perfect very close to the tube station

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Reception staff made me feel as though i was an inconvenience while asking why money had been taken from my account for no reason and without my knowledge/consent. System error but took 5 days to get any of the money back (still waiting for the rest 9 days on). around £600 was taken in total from my account without my consent in lots of transactions on 2 occasions - staff blamed systems and did not understand my annoyance or concern!

Breakfast was brilliant - everything you might have wanted.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Not much tea/coffee/milk in the room. Paid for 4 people (3 adults and 1 child) but room setup for 2 (cups, towels, glasses, robes etc.). Asked for more though, and were supplied without questions, so didn't spoil our stay.

Breakfast was lovely. Family room with 2 double beds and extra large bathroom (2 sinks, a shower and a bath with a shower) were just what was needed. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Brilliant location for the museums, Harrods etc. and Hyde Park and great tube links to everywhere else.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

I had to call the front desk at 6pm when returning to my room as the maid had not made up the room!! No I did not have the privacy notice on the door.

Comfortable bed and pillows. Friendly staff. Good breakfast buffet.

• Deluxe Queen Room

The room is small, view on garbage. As an spg member didn't expect that. They didn't suggest for a club room.

Nice reception area, buffet breakfast very nice, competent staff

• Deluxe Queen Room

Rooms and bathrooms a little small

Excellent breakfast offerings each day--full English and Continental. Executive Lounge offers excellent additional options, especially if in a group.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The Starbucks employee charged a service on the take away coffees each time my daughters ordered from them!! Felt the young lady was trying to make extra money off my teenagers - checked at other Starbucks and they never charge extra for a takeaway order - very unhappy about that

Loved the size of the room for myself and my teenage daughters Bathroom very clean and functional Room wasnt ready on arrival but the pleasant young receptionist gave us access to the private lounge to wait in

• Deluxe Queen Room

We were very displeased that wifi in rooms was not complimentary. As a result, we did not pay and needed to be in the lounge to make plans and check emails. This is the only hotel (of many) that we have stayed in recently, that had such inconvenient wifi. We thought the hotel would give better complimentary service .

Location close to the Gloucester tube station

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

It was ridiculously hot and we were unable to sleep well. Also, there weren't any full size towels provided. We were only given what appeared to be hand towels. It was bizarre.

It was convenient to the tube.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room

Man the cleaners drove me crazy, early every morning banging in and out of rooms ignoring that they can actually close a door with the handle so is would be quieter. They disregard that guests are trying to sleep. It is seems they have the attitude of 'I am at work so you all should be'!

I stayed for a week and it was home from home; good size room with full amenities and very comfortable bed.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Overhead Air conditioning unit in the bedroom a little intrusive, when trying to sleep.

Location is perfect. 7 minute walk from Gloucester Road Underground. 42 minutes on the Piccadilly Line T5 LHR to Gloucester Road Station. Excellent position for everything. Great staff here ! 9 minutes on foot to the History Museum, 20 mins on foot to Harrods. Great restaurants in the vicinity. Child friendly hotel and staff. Breakfast superb. Will stay again....

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The executive lounge has the best coffee anywhere. Also, very convenient to pop in for a water or cookie before heading out or upon arriving back after a long day. Very nice people as well.

• Deluxe Queen Room

The car park which was small

Everthing we got upgraded for free and access to the lounge which was great fun. Bed was nice to sleep in checked in and out without any problems

• Deluxe Queen Room

The receptionist who checked us in on Friday 21 April at 3pm was absolutely wonderful and she remembered us throughout our stay. She is a lovely person and very welcoming and helpful. However, that said all the staff are wonderful, welcoming, polite and very helpful. Thank you for your hospitality.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Only 1 lift working long periods of time waiting for lift was not told a deposit was due even when you leave a pre payment debit card paid cash for deposit still not refunded yet

• Deluxe Queen Room

Wouldn't stay in room 131 again noise from ?heating/generator coming from glass roof buildingwas very disturbing although did get used to it second night.The glass roof was just under the window so poor view. Would stay again just in different room.

The staff especially concierge and in the bar area ,All were excellent very welcoming polite with nothing too much trouble. Efficient check in/ out.

• Deluxe Queen Room

I had a no smoking room but other guests on the same floor had been smoking cigars so it smelled awful. There was a drunken fight in the corridor between a large group of men between the hours of 3-5 am, which disrupted our sleep as you can imagine. Hotel did nothing to compensate our dissatisfaction. Received an insincere apology from the guests involved and reception. Considering the cost to stay in this hotel per night it was incredibly disappointing .

The location was very good

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Only basic selection of tea and coffee in rooms. Disappointing that wifi is not free throughout the hotel

Good location, Large pleasant room, very comfortable beds and helpful staff

• Deluxe Twin or Single Room

The only negative I had was that while the wifi was free in all the public areas, it came at a cost of £10 per day for room access. As, along with most people in today's world, I use internet as an integral part of life it was an extra cost that I hadnt expected.

The staff was very helpful, genuinely solicitous and provided a personal touch which is sadly lacking in so many hotels at this time. It made such a difference. I felt that I was more than just another face. I actually felt welcome. Our booking included both breakfast and use of the executive lounge which was a haven of peace. It also supplied constant beverages. Our room was very well appointed with immaculate linen and a towelling dressing gown. The furnishings were of a high standard and very comfortable. The breakfast was truly excellent, both in choice and quality. The coffee came in generously sized individual pots and was very good. I love my coffee in the morning and it didn't disappoint. My only regret was that I didnt have the opportunity to avail of the excellent on-site gym.

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room

the decoration and the bathroom need a refurb! A bit dated but clean.

Good location nice hotel facilities the room was dated although the bed was lovely with nice sheets and the TV was nice very clean.

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

But we are on the 8th floor (top floor) and the windows have gaps and strong winds blew into the room - very cold in particular we have one bed next to the window. The food in the restaurant is okay, but not up to a four star hotel standard. My son's fish fingers were under cooked.

The room is quite spacious which I like.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Just very Expensive, one night with a Meal & drinks for my family of 4 was over £500. It is noted at Parking on site, but this is £35 a day too, as I was there for a day & 4 hours spent £50 extra on Parking at the Hotel...just took the edge off.

Excellent Hotel & the Staff are what made the Hotel an even better experience.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room

Walls between rooms quite thin. Loud conversations between guests in a neighbouring room kept us awake one night.

The breakfast was great - lots of fresh fruit and healthy options. Staff very welcoming and helpful. Room very clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Only one lift working during our stay.

Staff was great with our young children. After arriving soaking wet from our walk from the metro, staff got our boys hot chocolate and settled down before checking us in. Good breakfast spread. Easy access to public transport.

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The Conciergerie service is not so good. The responsibles do not provide good information and are not weel informed about London attractions.

The breakfast is great and look for Rob, he is brazilian and the best waiter at the restaurant. Also, he can gives you excelent advices about things to do in London.

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The accommodation seems a refurbished older building and the old look and feel still isn't superb, not the way we know Marriott

The location on Cromwell Rd in Kensington, Hyde Park and near Gloucester Underground and main museums. Staff is absolutely helpful!

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room

Gym did not open on Sunday Morning A noise fan in the ceeling could not be switched off. Cupboards next to the bed are too high so one could bump one's head.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room

The breakfast was too expensive at £20 each, much cheaper to go out a short walk to a cafe. Also a "fair" walk from the tube

Staff were friendly enough

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

We were a family of four but the room was only set up for two people. It wouls have been better if we hadn't had to ask for the extra towels and stuff. The breakfast bacon was too crispy!!

WE only stayed one night but the bed was really comfy and I've been converted to feather pillows

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room was spacious, clean and warm. The staff were extremely helpful and polite. The location was absolutely perfect, walking distance to harrods and the national history museum.

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room

Our rooms were in the converted Premier Inn part of the hotel. We looked out on a brick wall. Our friends also had a poor view. Rooms were very small,the beds weren't the usual Marriott standard. Felt we had been given sub-standard rooms because we had got them at a cheap rate. We have stayed before and the rooms have been lovely. We were embarrassed to have recommended the hotel to our friends. We were away for a celebration weekend and the rooms spoilt it.

Very good breakfast

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room

Lack of basic ventilation. Comfortable enough but very tired. Overpriced - room and services such as breakfast or even coffee.

Some of the staff were lovely, others not so.