Reviews of London Marriott Hotel Park Lane 5 stars

140 Park Lane, Westminster Borough, London, W1K 7AA, United Kingdom

#237 of 1,028 hotels in London

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

I never stepped foot in my room!
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

firstly, if a mr&mrs book a room, how about you make sure they are given a queen bed. My husband is well over 6 foot tall, and expected to sleep in a single bed after a 23 hour plane ride to London. The hotel reception were not at all helpful, and said nothing e can do, we only have single bed rooms left. I was left to book another room at the Sanderson Hotel and lost out 100% of my room charge, as their answer was "no refund on bookings". Be careful, as they do not guarantee bed sizes, even when requested through Bookings.com

Accommodation wonderful. Stayed here few years ago. Breakfast much better then. Disappointing!!
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

We were kept waiting for a long time (20 minutes from being seated in Restaurant) to getting a capuchino. All the food was served by waitresses and so there was nothing to help yourself with. There seemed to be no fruit available which was disappointing. I would have liked All Bran but they did not have this. I settled for toast instead of cereals as I wanted something high fibre. My partner had a full English. The toast came after 25 minutes with the cooked breakfast. I had to wait a further few minutes for a cup of tea to have with my toast. By the time this had happened it was 11.00 and I could not have any pancakes as I would have liked.

The cooked breakfast was excellent.

Friendly staff .
    • Executive King or Twin Room with Lounge Access and Park View

Because of the location, sometimes it’s very noisy (sound of people, Ambulance, police car) .. I recommend to take a room in the 4th of 5th floor ..

Friendly staff .. Perfect Location .. Clean Room

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Stayed at this Marriott to be close to Clapton concert. Would’ve stayed at the other Marriott
    • Executive King or Twin Room with Lounge Access and Park View

Check in was horrible. Waited 2 hours for room. Hotel knew our check in time which was after 1600 but still long wait. Furthermore, we had to wait 20 minutes just to check in. Finally going to room, bellman was in elevator w bags (not ours) and followed us to our room with the wrong bags!!! Had we not been there, we would have entered the room with the WRONG BAGS.

Apart from checking in, the staff were good and the hotel was good.
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

Duty Manager made a big issue of my wife not having ID with her. I had my driving license and debit/credit cards, but he wasn’t happy with this. I travel extensively throughout the country (and abroad) and have never had this problem in my own country before. He was very arrogant and made us feel uncomfortable....didn’t even ask us if we wanted newspapers!!!

Lovely, clean hotel, great location
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

Our breakfast was a bit cold and they ran out of baked beans

The entrance and reception was lovely, fresh and clean. You’re welcomed by a friendly doorman.

i will chose this hotel again

price a bit high

The hotel location is perfect , right in the centre,of hyde park.staff very frendly. room and toilet were clean.love the bathroom design .

Good Morning
    • Executive King or Twin Room with Lounge Access and Park View

Referring us on the website to AJ Steak house whithout disclosing that it is part of a Marriott Hotel

We arrived very early after a long haul night flight. They offered us a breakfast i the club room as I room included access to lounge and we could freshen up at the spa

Great hotel in a great location
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

The Bedroom lights were a confusing for some reason .

The Breakfast menu was really good , as you could order straight from the menu with being able to add extras ,and it was really good food . Als the heated toilet seats were just perfect for a cold winters day x

Very good
    • Superior King or Twin Room

The view of my room is not good at all, although It was mention that the room has a city view on oxford street. And I paid the money for this purpose, But that wasn’t the case.

Almost everything

Good hotel
    • Executive King or Twin Room with Lounge Access and Park View

Room really small for for price

Very comfy bed. Very clean room. Stayed for new-year for overnight stay. Paid £499 for executive room with executive lounge. The lounge was great. The only fault was the room far to small for what I paid. I've stayed in many 5 stars hotels in London. And it was far smallest room.

Made the weekend stay by having such a lovely place to return to. Great location too.
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

Didn’t like late check in times.

Nothing was too much - very friendly staff. We should’ve had a twin room but it hadn’t come through on the booking so they upgraded our room no problems.

Disappointing considering price we paid. On arrival we received a welcome gateau and note only
    • Junior Suite with Lounge Access and City View

The restaurant was useless. Too crowded and noisy being adjacent to the bar and was only way in and out. Finished up trasfering our meal and guests to our suit.

The food in the lounge was top quality.

wonderful overall
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

our room had no view....and the pricing was somewhat steep with minimal breakfast menu.

amazing location and a very helpful staff.the rooms were lovely and very spacious.the hotel smelled wonderful.

wonderful overall
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

Amazing stay, incredible location, lovely staff. Perfect.
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

Nothing, although shame the pool was closed for cleaning

We were upgraded to a suite. It was the best present for my wife, thank you so much to the staff there. It was amazing!!

The staff in the reception was not friendly with me and when...
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

The staff in the reception was not friendly with me and when I told him that my booking with breakfast he told me no but when I show him the booking on my phone he said ok I will add it. Its not my first or second time in this hotel and the staff is always treat me so go even the lady who checked me out was so sweet To be honest I don’t think that I’m coming again and it will be my last time

Keep ur coins in the safe
    • Executive King or Twin Room with Lounge Access and Park View

First of all 'keep ur coins in the safe' as what they have advised me when i reported misssing of like 8 pounds, they claim they have tried to reach me at my room with no luck, so they left me a voucher for afternoon tea without any clarification. Once i have asked about the voucher story they told me the maid misunderstood and thought that i have left the coins for her !!!! (Similarily she might think i left all my belongings for her). In addition the breakfast is away below average wever was below average. Bathroom is to small and the bathing towels were aged.

Location is great

Hotel in great position but very expensive in July.

Check in lady was very ordinary. Had prepaid but hotel still did take security deposit on Credit Card ( acceptable ) but although we did not use anything deposit still on CC statements. Had stayed there 3 days previously for a week. Executive lounge very small with very ordinary breakfast and far too crowded and noisy. But lovely staff. For the price we paid on Booking.com it was very very expensive.

Bed good. Paid for breakfast and enjoyable. Plenty of staff. Very well positioned hotel. Wifi excellent.

Every thing was excellent;

The size of the room

Every thing was excellent; the staff, breakfast and comfort. Special thanx to Daniel at reception and the host lady at the restaurant

Although we made reservation beforehand, we were refused in...

Although we made reservation beforehand, we were refused in accommodation due to some mistake in Marriott system, they offered us another hotel for one night after which we were to move to Marriott.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

it was nice
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

you gave us a special needs room which we did not book and the girl at the front desk promised to change the room but she did not give us any feedback if that was possible or not so we stayed from may 2 till may 10 in the same room also they did not change the bed sheets the whole stay

guy at the entrance was very helpful at the front desk kind

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

Great location, but failed to meet expectations :(
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

Overall the hotel did not meet our expectations based on the high star rating. We have stayed in other hotels in the same area at a similar price point where the room and facilities were much better. For the cost of the stay, we do not consider this hotel value for money.

The main advantage of this hotel is the location which is very close to the tube and central London. Breakfast was good.

not has good
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

I didn't like that I asked for a bath a upper floor room.and when I complained said there was nothink else available didn't think it was worth the money

The pool that's it

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

The location , the friendly staff,and the wifi
    • Superior King or Twin Room

The loby, the room space (too small),the room layout,and the cleaness level. Will not book there again.:(

The location , the friendly staff,and the wifi

Great Location

-The room view -Room service charges -Generally expensive -TV wasn't working well (Technician Visited 3 times)

Location is more than excellent TV channels selection

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

One of the best hotels
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

Everything were excellent. All the staff kind and helpful. And the room was so clean as no one ever stay on it. Definitely my choice in London for the next visit.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

Will not return to this hotel
    • Executive King or Twin Room with Lounge Access and Park View

Lounge was really ugly, small, old fashioned and food was not up to a 5 star hotel and for 500 euros a night, that should be a must!! Rooms quite small.

Location, the lobby, the staff

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

Winter wonderland
    • Executive King or Twin Room with Lounge Access and Park View

It says park view well it is but not a great view . They say executive lounge well it isn't good as people off the street come in so not very quiet or private .

The heated toilet seat lovely. The room was nice but quite small. The bed was comfy . Great location .

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

Disappointing stay.
    • Junior Suite with Lounge Access and City View

They closed the bar for a private function so no guests had access to the bar and lounge! Also alcohol was supposedly included in executive lounge - it was not.

Good pool

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

Amazi g
    • Superior King or Twin Room

Our flight comes in very early from the UAE, we waited for a long time till our room was ready. The staff were very courteous and cosiderate till the room was ready but after 3 hours. I suggest that special early check in should be in plan for flights like ours.

Everything , its perfect

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

I like the quietness in this hotel
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

I dont like the conradiction of reception clerk. When i ask for smoking room one told me all full and the other told me we don have smoking room at the hotel.

I like the quietness in this hotel

• Reviewed: 12 November 2016

Perfect hotel in central London
    • Executive King or Twin Room with Lounge Access and Park View

The only thing there is no direct elevator from entrance to the room either to change 2 elevators or the staff can help to carry baby buggy the few stairs steps to reach the 2nd elevator. For familys without baby buggy it's no problem at all.

Perfect location as hyde park few minutes by walking and shopping areas are around. Staff were friendly and there was a nice smell in the lobby area. We enjoyed our visit and wish to visit again!

• Reviewed: 12 November 2016

Wonderful location and enjoyable stay
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

The chambermaid service left something to be desired. A stained undersheet was not changed. A used milk capsule was not removed. Perhaps shortbread biscuits could be provided in additin to or instead of the oatmeal cakes. The mini-bar was so noisy (an interrupted humming) that after a disturbed first night we had to ask for it to be disconnected. And lastly - for disabled or elderly people, the steps from the entrance up to reception are difficult to navigate and the lift doesn't stop at the entrance level. A ramp of some kind would have been most helpful!

The beds were extremely comfortable. The staff were well-trained, courteous and very helpful. We would like to praise the exceptional service provided by Lucas at the front desk!

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

Excellent location, lovely staff, very well maintained but some possible improvements as listed.
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

Television stations were free to air and it showed. Not a great choice. The system they had sometimes told you one show was being aired when in fact the show was a different one. We asked for the detox juice on our first morning, as per the breakfast menu, to be told that the machine required to make it was broken. The machine was still broken the next two mornings. If I was running a 5 star hotel I would have had the machine replaced immediately. Another option would have been to remove the item from the menu. Breakfast service could be improved. Maybe we had different expectations coming from Ireland and maybe breakfast service works a different way in England. I think it would be worthwhile for the hotel to send people undercover to the hotel and check how the breakfast service is. They should use people from both English and other backgrounds and get their feedback. Personally, while the staff were lovely and courteous at all times, I believe this aspect of the hotel could be improved. For example, one morning we were given our tea and coffee at the beginning of breakfast. We ate a cereal and then waited for our cooked breakfast. our tea and coffee were cold by the time the cooked breakfast arrived. We could have asked for more tea or coffee but I think staff should have been more attentive to something like this and asked us if we needed fresh tea or coffee due to the length of time involved. I don't believe this is an issue with the staff but rather an issue with training.

All the staff were lovely. We always got a nice greeting and smile from everyone working there. The rooms we stayed in was lovely and we were happy with all aspects of the room and it's facilities. The bathroom was also excellent. The hotel and all areas of it we visited were maintained very well and displayed quality and regular maintenance. The location of the hotel is excellent and we couldn't have wished for better. We both enjoyed our stay very much and would return again.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Good business hotel with a great location
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

Location, size of the rooms and friendly staff

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

the bed was comfortable
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

Omelette and hashbrown was very dry

the bed was comfortable

Our full english breakfast was cold which was not nice

Our full english breakfast was cold which was not nice

Concierge very friendly and helpful
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

Check-In staff unfortunately quite uncoordinated

Concierge very friendly and helpful

Location and lovely stuff

Size of the room

Location and lovely stuff

• Deluxe King or Twin Room

I like the bed and the path room

Perfect location / excellent service

Perfect location / excellent service

No car park

A wonderful Easter holiday in Marriott park Lane
    • Executive King or Twin Room with Lounge Access and Park View

Everyone were friendly,location was great,room was clean

Everything with location

Everything with location

The front desk lady took us to our room and explained to us...
    • Superior King or Twin Room

The front desk lady took us to our room and explained to us everything, I think this is exeptional experiance.

Perfect

• Deluxe King or Twin Room

No enough supply for shampoo & shower gel

Location & cleanliness

6 Day Stay at Marriot Park Lane Hotel
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

The hotel is a bit expensive.

Location, cleanliness, staff

No restaurants option

The best thing about this hotel is its location
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

The hotel is showing signs of ageing and needs a face lift. An old fashioned breakfast area and not up to standard.

I will stay in this hotel everytime i go to London! :D .. Excellent location, great hotel team
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

Everything in the hotel is perfect! I really enjoyed my staying and the hotel team are very helpful.

Wonderful stay and highly recommended hotel for city break
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

Clean room , great location, friendly staff

Exceptional concierge staff.
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

Exceptional concierge staff. Great front office staff

i will go back again next year
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

lobby was small and i prefer buffet breakfast which was not there. room size was good too.

very clean and nice location and friendly staff.

Breakfast not as my expectation.
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

Breakfast not as my expectation.

All good staff helpful and enjoyed our stay

All good staff helpful and enjoyed our stay

Good
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

The pillows were tough and not comfortable

• Deluxe King or Twin Room

Bed and pillows are not comfortable at all

There is wlot of hotels that have similar location and better price
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

Be carful Of house keeping i have been robbed also the charged extra than what I paid at booking

Location was good

Great pleasure

The room was excellent

Wonderful
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

I like everything .. size of the room, location and very friendly staff especially Daniel who was very cooperative.

Pig with lipstick
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

Service, staff, housekeeping, overall attitude.

Room decor

Very enjoyably.
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

First allocated room not great but got moved to a lovely room.

Modern rooms. Lovely decor. Good food.

Perfect location

😴 Slowly room service

I love details in my room and bathroom😍

All in all very nice hotel, great location
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

The towels were not very soft

Returned home well rested

Attention was given to detail - the setting was calming - bed very comfortable Staff were extremely efficient, professional and very pleasant

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

not has good

Everythink

Nothink

Nice place to stay

Room size

Amazing location in the heart of oxford street

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

Access rooms

Conceirge service was excelent

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

Great hotel 👍
    • Executive King or Twin Room with Lounge Access and Park View

Location, staff hospitality, facilities... almost everything:) definitely will stay again at this hotel in our upcoming trip to London :)

Browse London Marriott Hotel Park Lane traveller photo gallery