Reviews of Hilton London Olympia 4 stars

380 Kensington High Street, Kensington and Chelsea, London, W14 8NL, United Kingdom

#690 of 977 hotels in London

Based on 2042 hotel reviews

• Deluxe Double Room

It did not bother me unduly, but my room was quite noisy as it was at the front of the hotel overlooking the very busy Kensington High Street.

It was my first visit to the hotel and I was offered complimentary breakfasts during my stay, which I appreciated very much.

• Double Guest Room

I am 100% sure that I left my IPad on the bed in the morning. Then when I came back to find it, no one helped me to get it back. Everyone said it wouldn’t be someone take it. So my iPad disappeared from the world? So this is the famous brand hotel?

• Single Guest Room

I booked it on the basis it will include breakfast and when I arrived I was told that it wasn’t included. The room was ok but the sink kept overflowing. If it wasn’t for one night I wouldn’t definitely complained.

• Double Guest Room

Well situated for the Apollo Hamersmith. Friendly and helpful staff went above and beyond to make our stay memorable. Would definitely highly recommend.

Liked everything actually.

In addition to all the important aspects, they also offered us free breakfast though the booking.com deal did not include it, at no extra cost. Everyone was extra hospitable, things worked (wi-fi etc) and the stay was memorable thanks to the comfort and no-hassle component which the hotel offered.

• Twin Guest Room

We didn’t like the view from our bedroom but we knew it couldn’t be helped

We enjoyed the comfort and closeness to shops etc. The food was very good. We enjoyed the peace and calmness of the hotel

• Executive King Room

The executive room I booked was not big enough, the choice of food and drinks in the executive lounge was not sufficient to be called a executive lounge..

the location was convenient...

• Twin Executive Room

The rooms decor was very dated and in poor condition which was not reflected in the price. This is the only thing I can fault with our stay, but it is a big thing because you spend the most time in your room. The room looked like it was a good 10 years since anything was done to the room and in particular the bathroom.

The staff were fantastic.

• Single Guest Room

The room was very basic for the price paid. You expect quality with Hilton, but the décor was like something out of the 70s. A little dirty and scuffed in places. The TV didn't work very well - thought it may have been the remote but the TV itself kept dropping signal. Torrential thunder storms on the second night of my stay - obviously the hotel wasn't at fault but the noise from the road was very loud. Nothing they can really do about that with the location, but maybe a room around the other side of the hotel will be quieter.

Excellent location - right by the Olympia which is where I needed to be for an event! Staff on reception were kind and very welcoming.

• Single Guest Room

I was initially given the worst first floor room in the hotel with very large and ugly ventilation ducts right outside my window. I told a member of the reception staff that I was disappointed, but she couldn't assist because the hotel was fully booked. When I re-checked my special requests to Booking.Com, I noted that I had asked for a room on an upper level with a nice view if possible....Ironic? When I returned from a wonderful evening at the opera in Holland Park, I could not sleep because of the constant low hum of the ventilation ducts - it felt like being in a ship's cabin - I phoned the night staff and arranged to speak to the manager the next morning, who without hesitation moved me to a much nicer room on the fifth floor with a view! In general, the hotel needs to be comprehensively refurbished throughout - it could be absolutely wonderful, because the spaces are generous.

Lovely breakfast and pleasant staff, including the duty manager who changed my room for me without hesitation. Nice Crabtree & Evelyn toiletries. Walk from West Kensington Tube station a little challenging in the evening time - walk from High Street Kensington is nicer. Close to Holland Park and the wonderful Design Museum, stunning Art Deco buildings, good selection of shops, expensive hair dressers, an interesting walk to Kensington Gardens and the Victoria & Albert Museum - a wonderful place with endless treasures to see.

• Double Guest Room

Once you enter the lift you are in a time warp back to the 70's.The corridors and the rooms are so dated and are making Travelodge look 5 star. Really expect so much more for the price and reputation of the Hilton.

• Twin Guest Room

I didn't sleep very wll as rhe pillows were flat and you could feel the springs in the mattress.

The staff were exceptional. Really tentative and helful. The facilities were very good and the food at the hotel was amazing.

• Double Guest Room

I waited in the restuarant for 15 mins with no service, asked twice for my order to be taken. I think it was the Bar Manager who took my order after I spotted him at the till at the front. There were quite a few waitresses behind the bar but none made eye contact and seemed to be talking between themselves. Quite frustrating when you are hungry and thirsty.

• Double Guest Room

When we arrived the room I had chosen wasn't ready and was told I would have to stay on the 5th floor (my daughter can't walk very far, not good) then told it would be 50 mins, 2.5 hours later was told there was a problem with the room and tried to put us on the 5th floor again. Eventually resolved. Room on 1st floor had gas pipes at the window which made noises all night. Had food in the restaurant and on the dessert the fruit was mouldy. Still expected me to pay full price for mouldy fruit. Also took money from the card I used to make the booking, but didn't pay for my stay with it. £169 which is being refunded but I have to wait 5-7 days for it.

We were given 1 complimentary drink when our room was not ready.

The server at Breakfast on our first day ignored one of our party as he requested tea and only one teapot appeared for myself however other tables had a teapot for each person.

Very close to the London Olympia which after a long day of working at the Comic Convention was very appreciated. Table service at the bar along with the complimentary popcorn was a nice touch

• Twin Guest Room

The room was clean and comfortable, with plenty of space. We were also given free breakfast for our stay which we hadn't booked, which was fantastic. The staff were so helpful during our stay. We even seemed to have recieved a better room than what we booked!

• Double Guest Room

They cancelled my stay as a no show even though it was noted on the booking that I was arriving late. Carpets quite worn and patchy in the room. No daylight in room just a frosted window. Generally a tired looking room and probably overpriced for what it is. Location was the only reason I stayed there.

Concierge were very helpful with anything I needed.

• Single Guest Room

Whilst the intercom system to enter and exit the car park makes it very secure, there can sometimes a short delay when the lobby staff are busy.

The staff were helpful and happy to accommodate the needs of a wheelchair user without any fuss. The accessible room had a large window which gave the room a lot of natural light and there is a parking exemption for "blue badge" holders in the underground car park (just remember when entering from the car park that the door opens towards you). The lifts are quite small but still enough room for a wheelchair & a "pusher" + a suitcase. I was impressed that on booking in an "in case of emergency" plan was given for our wheelchair user which thankfully was not needed :-D The hotel also provided a vibrating alarm clock that goes under the pillow which would be activated in the event that the alarms sounded for our deaf traveller.

• Single Guest Room

Car park prices are excessive, £37 for 24 hours? Olympia itself is only £25 for 24 hours Ibis not far is £15 for 24 hours. There’s nothing special about the car park apart from it hold the name Hilton.

Friendly staff, clean room did mention a roll out bed but didn’t really need one.

• Twin Guest Room

Beds not overly comfy and the TV was a nightmare to operate and cut out frequently. For the price the facilities, decor and ambiance leave a bit to be desired, looking tired and drab for the current star rating and price, could really benefit from a refurb. Check-in for two separate guests in same room arriving at different times felt overly complicated.

Chose hotel purely for excellent location when working at Olympia. Breakfast was very good (as included in price) and in general staff were very nice. Wasn't in the room much, so served its purpose but nothing special.

• King Guest Room with Sofa Bed

Cleanliness of bathroom left a bit to be desired - it unfortunately stank of nicotine. Floor could do with a good clean and shower curtain does not fit correctly.

Lovely hotel, friendly and helpful staff. Great breakfast and room service. Good sized room and comfortable King size bed. It made visiting Olympia over the weekend very easy.

• Double Guest Room

Staff and restaurant were great, but the room I stayed in on the first floor may as well had no windows for all the noise they (didn't) keep out. Made sleeping each night of my two night stay all but impossible.

• Single Guest Room

Not much not to like for me to be honest, the only thing I would say is the air-con is kinda loud in the room and doesn’t seem to turn off properly but it wasn’t enough of an issue to stop me sleeping or make me want to ring down stairs.

Lovely room, so clean, bed was very comfortable, nice room tucked away at the back so it was so quiet, I was given free breakfast and WiFi as it was my first stay in a Hilton hotel so that was great, breakfast was fantastic, customer service was spot on, nice gym downstairs to use if your in to that, easy check in with a lovely member of staff, and for me right next to the Olympia arena for my event so location was spot on aswell, 10min walk to Barons Court station and an easy ride on the tube to Heathrow. Nice restaurants/pubs close by for food and a Tesco and Sainsbury’s close by also. I had a lovely weekend in this hotel, worth the money in my opinion.

• Double Guest Room

The room was comfortable and good value for money! The staffs customer service was outstanding, they were so friendly, talkative and helpful. I was also impressed that I got free WiFi and breakfast for the weekend due to a special offer. It’s a great location and I’d stop here again for definite! Thank you!

• Twin Guest Room

The Hotel was very old and dirty. I couldnt belive this Hotel belongs to Hilton chain. it is need renovate and has to be clean from A to Z

Breakfast was good.

• Double Guest Room

The bathroom could have been cleaner.

I loved the restaurant and the menu. The breakfast was amazing too! Staff are so so friendly and go out of their way to help people.

• Double Guest Room

The rooms certainly needed updating, the shower didn't work properly and just trickled out. The room was very noisy even though I had requested a quiet room. There was a lack of gluten free options on the food front. I wanted to book a second night but they said it would cost me double to do that, which I really didn't agree with for the same type of room so I went elsewhere. The manager was abrupt but the other staff on reception were polite.

Breakfast was very good and the look of the hotel reception and bar area is nice.

• King Guest Room with Sofa Bed

Both rooms we booked were tired and not even of the same std (no seating or table in one room) despite both being booked as superior queen rooms. décor was tired and Aircon only worked in one room (took four calls to get a engineer and it did not fix)

Communal areas were very nice - Breakfast and Bar was very good lots of choice and relaxed atmosphere. Rooms were very spacious and Sofa beds were comfy if a little firm too - kids slept well. The Exec lounge was a nice touch to relax without being in the bar area.

• Double Guest Room

The hotel is run down. Very old in desperate need for a renovation. The location is perfect if you are travelling for the Olympia Exhibition center. you could do better if you are in town for holidays.

The staff is fantastic and makes up for the lacking hotel. Theodora keep up the good work!!

• Twin Guest Room

The house keeping left dirty tissues and empty soap box on the table of my room. Despite reporting it to the reception, nobody did anything about it. A tray of dirty dishes from the room opposite was never collected by the house keeping staff for 2 days i was in the hotel. the tray was still there, even when I was checking out. so don't expect anything from house keeping at this hotel.

• Single Guest Room

The room was a Little noisy - The ceiling tiles kept falling down each time I had a shower and the TV did not work properly. I was a Little disappointed for a Hilton chain

The staff were very helpful and freindly and breakfast good and great location to Olympia

• Double Guest Room

Long way to walk to room and had to walk to bar to get ice from 7th floor Property needs to be updated for me to stay again

Being close to Exhibition Hall and the conceriag was excellent with providing info about London and helped with my packages

See above

Not a lot, this hotel is not Hilton standard, in need of complete refurbishment, the bed must have been 50 years old and you had to be 4 foot nothing to fit under the shower.

• Twin Guest Room

Our room was not ready for check in time. The twin room was two single beds pushed together, a twin room should have the beds apart. The view looked onto a roof of part of the hotel as well as the other side of the hotel. Nothing to see other than pipes, pigeons and windows.

The location was perfect.

• Double Guest Room

Inadequate staffing and knowledge of the bar serving personnel. Lengthy delays in service, food billing inaccurate and obligatory 12.5% service charges excessive given the lack of service. That said there are plenty of options outside the hotel that I would recommend exploring.

Excellent location for attending a function at Olympia. Rooms were very comfortable.

• Twin Guest Room

There was nothing to dislike. Our expectations for a one night stay were fully met.

Initial contact at front desk. We were offered complimentary breakfast and drinks!!

• Twin Guest Room

Well the room had a smell to it, more like a carpet smell. Well my first room was right next to the road, it was extremely noisy, then they moved me up to the 3rd floor, where it was away from the road, however the view was a disgusting roof. At that time, sleep deprived, I preferred sleep to the view.

Staff was very nice and helpful. Good break first, decent wifi.

• Double Guest Room

Great Location, Great Dining Area with excellent food. Great Design. Rooms have just enough space, with good design and all amenities needed. Gym was good.

• Twin Guest Room

A little update of the whole place, but especially in the bathroom would be nice.

The beds are comfy, the rooms are clean, the breakfast is excellent, the staff is friendly.

• Double Guest Room

The air conditiiining was not working and the toilet did not flush properly.

Very friendly staff. Great location. Fantastic breakfast. Would definitely recommend.

• Twin Guest Room

The rooms are quite old fashioned and the beds small. I did sleep well. The shower is not really ideal for tall people.

Staff super friendly and had some nice moments in the bar. Overall good for a business trip especially when you need to go to Olympia.

• Twin Guest Room

I did not like the curtains room. I think need to change them for more modern ones.

The quality of service of the staff at breakfast time was amazing. Very good breakfast.

• Double Guest Room

It was okay. I was overcharged for something which they said they would refund. To today nothing has been done. Furthermore, the hotel boasts about being pet friendly. However, the nearest park or any kind of facility where your pet can relieve itself is half a mile away. Now, on an average day that's fine to walk. But of you have to go at least 3 times a day in - 3 degrees with rain pouring down, with pets used to 30+ weather, it's not a fun thing to do. In all the pet friendly hotels I have stayed there has always been grass on the property itself for pets to use. I was not amused, especially considering the Hilton was more expensive per night (by twice) than the previous hotel I used the night before that had such toilet facilities for my pets

• Single Guest Room

I had s kate check out fir 15:99. When I realized I was running late I phoned and was told there was no problem but the lady who checked me out treated me like I was a thief and would not give the key card and asked one of the concierge personnel to come up with me to open the door. The carpet needs to be changed and room temperature could not go above 19.5 degrees so room was very cold. Had to have heaterbin the room.

The front staff where very helpful during my stay when I complained about the temperature in my room and were willing to move me and give. E a heater

• Twin Guest Room

our air-con was not working and we could not keep the window open as the machinery on the roof tops (i think for was for the air-con) was very noisy I did try to report it before leaving but only two check out/in desks open and people just jumped in front of me -a clearer system of where to wait maybe ???

The staff were very helpful even found alternative rooms so we could book in early and when we asked the split the beds as its was set up as a double this was done straight away

• Twin Guest Room

Not used to European bathroom especially seperate hot and cold faucets, but no big deal.

Excellent buffet breakfast. Staff was extremely helpful and friendly. Would stay again when visiting London. Good location.

• Double Guest Room

I liked the fact that they realised it was my birthday and left a lovely selection of cakes and a lovely bottle of prosecco (which my wife had for breakfast in bed)

• Deluxe Double Room

Poorly fitted window meant a sleepless for me night due to traffic noise, too late to report by the time we noticed it as our baby daughter was asleep, ( babies sleep through anything thank goodness) . Access to the room was tricky as it involved steps halfway along the landing.

Very helpful and friendly staff

• Double Guest Room

Although it's an older property, the staff, comfort and service made it an almost negligible consideration.

We traveled in Europe for 2 months and this was our favourite hotel by far. When the staff found out we were expecting they went out of their way to make us feel special ranging from a nicer room and little treats. Everyone from the fantastic front staff (especially Martina) to the housekeeping staff and concierge seemed to know and they were very attentive and full of helpful suggestions. The new restaurant meals were delicious and reasonably priced. Very responsive housekeeping and very comfortable room.

• Double Guest Room

For one night stay extention they asked the highest price they had, taking into account that i have stayed there for 5 nights, and alteady payed for this kind of hotel espensive price, for one night extension they asked 350GBP, not fair. When you benefit, giving back is must. Please, do not reply to my review with your non existent care.

• Double Guest Room

Standard of the room was poor and the bathroom was very tired and needed repair as well as a refit. It sounded like there was a pigeon in the bathroom caused by pigeons nesting directly outside the room and the sound filtering through the ventilation system in the bathroom. The airconditioning was noisy and ineffective.

Breakfast was good and the staff were very good.

• Double Guest Room

There was a mix up with what i was quoted on here an what information they had, the hotel tried to charge me double what booking.com had. The room needed serious renovation there were chips in the paint work and cracks in the bathroom.

Comfortable

• Double Guest Room

The bathroom was tiny and needing some tlc - chipped bath enamel etc. Windows were filthy and overall not the standard you would expect for an expensive hotel.

It was a convenient location

• Double Guest Room

Room where not what we expected first room had holes in the carpet and had the extractor fan in the kitchen you could hear through the window. We then asked to move second room wasn’t much better room overlooked the road that had a door that didn’t shut properly and could here the road all night. The bed was lumpy and horrible would not recommend.

Locations was good, right next to the Olympia and breakfast was great

• Twin Guest Room

Excellent hotel ideally situated for Olympia exhibitions centre . Arrived at 11 intending to ask if I could leave luggage but was immediately checked in large rooms for London and I was delighted as room had a bath!

• Twin Guest Room

Room was basic, bed uncomfortable, shower broke, dirty bathroom, stained carpets, smelled like smoke when we asked for a non smoking room!

Dirty hotel & so basic. £200 for one night in that hotel is horrible

• Double Guest Room

Bed was rock hard. Very uncomfortable. The bathroom was very 'old and tired', and the bath itself was quite simply disgusting. The bath was actually rotten around the top, and the non-slip coating in the bottom of the bath was a dirty brown colour in places... I dread to think how that happened! Not happy at all. Stayed in a Premier Inn the night before near Chartwell and it was cheaper and yet much cleaner and the bed was very comfy and a modern bathroom, and more spacious bedroom.

• Double Guest Room

Room was very small and extremely noisy because of neighbours and drunk people shouting in the hallway at 4am. Pillows were extremely uncomfortable. Toilet constantly making noise as if it was being flushed constantly.

Staff very polite and friendly

• Double Guest Room

The room was cold, felt as though there was a draught even though the window was closed. We turned the heating up but it still didn't make a difference.

• Double Guest Room

Raw sausages & raw eggs for breakfast. The room was dirty, carpets filthy, we had to ask 3 times for a bucket of ice for the room. The breakfast was probably the worst part, and no apology from the staff just a shrug of the shoulders.

Literally nothing

• Executive King Room

Furniture in rooms seem to be a bit oldy but still it was clean enough :) I did not have any socket near the bed so i couldn't leave phone charging by me while sleeping.

Very close to Olympia exhibition centre which is the main advantage of this hotel. I was traveling for exhibition held in Olympia and it was quite comfortable. Breakfasts were rather good.

• Double Guest Room

The restaurant wasn't open in the evening due to not enough people so we were offered to eat in the bar, but the table and chairs were not designed to be able to sit and eat a meal. Ok for drinks and snacks but not a meal. So we left the hotel and found a restaurant nearby.

The bar staff ladies were very friendly and took time to talk and listen.

• Double Guest Room

The bed in our room was extremely hard & very rickerty - every time my partner or I moved, it creaked - NB neither of us is overweight! I had requested a room on a higher floor to be away from the traffic noise but we were only on 3rd floor & at the front of the hotel - lots of traffic noise. The room has a very unpleasant smell - as if the bathroom had been cleaned with an old smelly rag or mop. When we booked in for breakfast we were told our booking only included breakfast for one, despite the info on the Booking.com confirmation saying breakfast was included in the double room rate - apparently its necessay to tick a different box on the booking form. In the event we were not charged for a second breakfast. This is confusing and Booking.com needs to amend its booking form.

Excellent location for getting to the Exhibition Centre@ Olympia - less than a 2 minute walk away Good quality toiletries provided Nice breakfast

• Double Guest Room

Allergy to feathers, staff found it very difficult to get us polyester filled pillows and duvets and when they did some of the pillows were very soiled. In the end we had to make do with one pillow each as staff could not find any more. Windows a little drafts.

Very polite helpful staff. Great location for purpose of our visit.

• Twin Guest Room

The room was OK but rather noisy due to people in next room chatting at 1.00am, walls too thin? Did ask for a nice view if possible but weren't lucky. Got stuck in lift when going out soon after we arrived. Pressed alarm but nobody acknowledged for about 5 minutes. Bit frightening! Overall 7/10

Would like a special mention made of Samiri, our breakfast waiter, he was superb. 10/10. 7/10

• Double Guest Room

The room was cold, the duvet was much too thin and I was disturbed 3 times by workmen needing to enter my room to fix an issue with the wifi for the whole building.

• Double Guest Room

The bath was quite old, of enamel steel construction and was badly chipped in a number of places in the base. Tiles on the bathroom walls were chipped. Bedroom furniture looked dowdy with edging strips pealed off. Carpets needed a a clean.

Nothing really, except location

• Twin Guest Room

Very unfriendly staff, almost arguing with you at any query you have. Parking spaces are very tiny. The room we were in (870, smoking room) was smelly, dirty and dark (facing the train station). When you stay in a smoking room you expect a balcony and not everything in the room smelling of cheap tobacco, but this is what we had. There were 3 lifts, however only 1 was working properly - therefore I had to travel from ground floor to 6th floor stopping at each floor on the way down so I can reach the basement with my heavy luggage 10 minutes later. The bathroom was dirty and there were stains on the sink and tiles. We even found a white moth flying around in the bathroom in the morning! By the way, if you have room 870, get yourself prepared for a maze - up and down twice from the lifts.

We booked this hotel as it was the closest to Olympia. I think that this is the only interesting feature this hotel has to offer.

• Double Guest Room

The aircon in the room was stuck on 28 and couldnt stop it. Engineer tried. The bathroom had cracked tiles, mold and silver fish I was double charged for my stay and am still trying to get money back Breakfast queue was 20 mins long so didnt get chance to eat. There is a bar next to the restaurant- I think they should open this up during busy spells.

Location to London olympia convenience store located round the corner

• Twin Guest Room

The room was very disappointing. definitely not up to Hilton standards. It was very small and cramped in. Very dated deco and the furniture was chipped and worn. In the bathroom the bath panel was hanging off and the toilet didn’t flush properly. Not worth the money to stay in the hotel.

The breakfast was very nice. Some of the staff could have been friendlier!

• Double Guest Room

Room was tired the fans constantly run outside the window so you have to keep it shut. Bed was uncomfortable. We use a lot of hotels and for the price a poor stay

Bar was friendly and nice atmosphere

• Double Guest Room

room was way too hot, the window didn't open, the window was frosted out so couldn't see out making the room claustrophobic, noise from the air conditioning unit outside the window was very noisy.

close to event, consieague was very helpful and got taxis within minutes.

• Double Guest Room

Hotel corridors, and bedrooms looking quite tired and dated. The bed was very firm and also possibly broken as any movement and it creaked very loudly disturbing any sleep.

Location for Olympia events is excellent, and breakfast options etc great too.

• Twin Guest Room

2 ladies,1st room allocated unsuitable for wheelchair, 2nd room not suitable either as double bed but no other choice hotel was full, camp bed was made up, cleanliness, skirtings/corners dirty/dusty, shower floor dirty, shower head not connected properly/awful water pressure, shower curtain not correct for rail, no toilet brush, towels smelled like they came from the kitchen, wifi appalling, every 10 minutes connection lost,

Location to venue, Breakfast, Parking, some of the staff

• Double Guest Room

The room was cold and could heat it up. We had a double duvet on a king-size bed. The shower didn't really work. Took two hours to get 2 tea bags and 4 super packets sent to the room. They tried to charge an extra £100 when checking in. The housekeeper threw my contact lenses out........

Browse Hilton London Olympia traveller photo gallery