Reviews of Longview Hotel 2 stars

55 Manchester Road, Knutsford, WA16 0LX, United Kingdom

#13 of 16 hotels in Knutsford

• Cosy Double Room

We realised that the room booked was described as "cosy" but it was cosier than expected. Expensive for what we got.

Location excellent. The hotel is only five minutes walk from the centre of Knutsford.

Nothing !!!

From the moment we arrived we were made extremely welcome The bedroom was spotlessly clean with a lovely en suite bathroom with nice fresh towels Tea and coffees making facilities included-faultless !!!

Breakfast wasn't included so we didn't have breakfast as we thought £12 pp was a bit steep

We got an upgrade for free beautiful room very clean good facilities, we were pleasantly surprised at how nice this place is

Tidy, clean and convenient for a one night stop over heading to the Lake District. Very convenient for the centre of Knutsford. Well received and looked after.

• Premier Double Room

I paid for a premier room and so I was hoping for something above the norm, which although acceptable, unfortanately it was not. It was large enough but I hadn't realised it was on a very busy road so the traffic noise was constant and therefore it was not possible to open the windows.

The weather! and a nice quiet covered outdoor space at the back.

• Standard Single Room

Smell of cigarette wafting into the bedroom at 7am, poor mattress quality, poor hot water supply for the bath, I had to fill the bath using the shower. I felt £12 extra was expensive for breakfast.

Convenient location, parking available. Availability of single room was cost effective.

• Premier Double Room

Although the bed in our room was HUGE it was unfortunately very uncomfortable.

Good location for walking into town and the lovely Tatton Park. Easy parking.

• Premier Double Room

Dated room, mattress was that hard it was like sleeping on the floor, terrible nights sleep. The room was discounted to £97 from the normal £127 on Booking.com, even at £97 I thought it was over priced for what it was, especially has both myself and my wife did not sleep. I dont normally write reports but felt compelled to on this occasion.

local to the town

• Standard Single Room

Very small room for £79. Almost hobbit like. On front of building so streetlight or something alike was on all night and curtain quite thin so let in light. Certainly did not feel value for money

Staff, particularly gentleman on Reception, extremely friendly and helpful. The building was full of character and very clean. Full English breakfast was freshly cooked and delicious. Hotel's close proximity to Knutsford was a bonus as easy to walk to without problem of parking. Would certainly stay again if in the area.

I was in an attic room. There wasn't a lot of room for me to stand upright. Also the door to the eves "wardrobe" didn't shut properly. The TV mounting wouldn't allow the TV to face the bed - which was the only comfy place to sit. And the "wardrobe door" and TV mount interfered with each other. i.e. the door hit the TV mount when opened.

• Standard Single Room

I checked in at 3pm and heating was not on in my room on a very cold day.

Quiet. Close to town centre, but far enough away not to be bothered by noise from people leaving bars and restaurants.

• Standard Single Room

I don’t like that “white”: music in the dining room. I was in Spain the previous week and they had exactly the same. It plays on your nerves after a while!

I was amazed that the property only has a 2-star rating. It is beautifully kept with super-friendly staff and superb breakfast. I will be back!

Room was very warm and the window opened up onto a covered courtyard. Other guests could be heard talking as they walked past the windows to the rear of the hotel

Room was a bit on the small side but did have a king size bed which was very comfortable. Location is great for a quick walk into knutsfords bars, restaurants and shops

• Premier Double Room

There was confusion around prearranged taxi to pick me up the next morning. I did not know the hotel also made arrangement of which I had not asked them to, but I ended up getting in the wrong taxi which caused me to pay for taxi services twice. The hotel was very clean and the staff friendly and helpful. I did not like having to be on the 3rd floor with no elevator. I came from the US with extremely large and heavy luggage, so that part was quite terrible. Other than that, a really nice place.

Nice place and really nice area.

• Premier Double Room

We where in an annex and the room was quite dated. The bed was far too springy and we could hear people in the room next door, very thin walls.

Nicely situated for a night out in Knutsford.

• Premier Double Room

Very noisy & dated bathroom fan which dropped out into the bath in the middle of the night. Rate was steep for room only basis

Friendly staff and good location for the office

• Cosy Double Room

Anything. Tho the little town is amazing.

Nothing at all! First off it is announced Longview Airport Hotel and it is 15 milles at less away from it. Bad bad choice.

• Premier Double Room

Trying to make a point about your merchant fees for credit cards by adding a charge on to the bill is petty. Factor them in to your prices and leave it alone. Your frustrations with your merchant clearing fees are your own - not your customers'. Business travelers expect to use a corporate card. The prices for the hotel are already high enough without being surprised by more at checkout. You're likely to lose more money by putting people off returning than you make by adding on unwelcome extras. There are good reasons for people using credit/charge cards and hotels are expected to take these cards and factor such fees in the quoted prices. By all means offer an incentive for use of a debit card but levying a penalty for using a credit card is trying to make your problem someone else's. Suck it up!

Great location for the town centre restaurants and pubs. Reasonably comfortable rooms. Nice snug bar.

• Premier Twin Room

The room was very hot, the dvd player as well as the tv remote didn't work in room 2 and some of the plug screws were loose which could be fairly dangerous.

It was very comfortable, homely and cosy/welcoming feel to the place and great location near the high street.

• Standard Single Room

The twin mattress was really bad. I knew and understood at the time of booking that the room was with a twin bed. However, the quality of that mattress was very poor. I believe that it was not only an extremely cheap mattress but old as well. I awoke every morning with a sore neck and back. If the mattress would have been of the same quality/standard as the rest of the facility, I would have rated Longview Hotel very high.

The daily cleaning and replenishing was done well.

• Premier Double Room

My room was in a separate part of the hotel which seemed a bit dingy compared to the main part. Light bulb didn't work in my room and so it seemed a bit gloomy, particularly as the furniture is very dark wood. My mum's room in the other bit of the hotel was much nicer and modernised.

Well situated for walking into Knutsford town centre. Parking nearby. Friendly and helpful staff. Comfy bed.

breakfast was pricey and not value for money. The sausages were gristly and not nice at all. Cancelled the breakfast for 2nd morning of stay.

location, bed was comfy, staff friendly and accommodating.

Lack of facilities or lift for people who have difficulty with stairs etc. In fact not suitable for disabled at all. Request of an extra £2 to at via credit card.

• Premier Double Room

It's ridiculously overpriced for what you get. I've paid similar price for good quality chain hotels like Radisson Blu while this one is a pretty basic B&B. The rooms are tatty with stained walls that haven't been cleaned in a long time. I was charged for early check-in even though the room was vacant. The front rooms are unbelievably noisy late into the night with the never-ending traffic noise. Even the bed shakes when the cars are whizzing by.

Short walking distance to the high street, quick ride to Manchester airport. Wifi was free and good. After I complained about the noise on the first night, they moved to to a quieter room on the second night - so that was good.

The weather was hot during our stay and the room was too warm to sleep. The fan was very noisy so we had to have the window open but even then the room was too hot. The traffic noise also made it difficult to sleep. The kettle flex was too short to be able to use it easily and a couple of lights in the bathroom weren't working.

The staff were friendly and helpful and the breakfast was delicious.The bed was comfortable and the room had everything necessary.

• Standard Single Room

There was only one beaker, and thin plastic at that, so I bought a beaker for my toothbrush, so that I could have a drink by my bed. The toilet paper was very cheap and flimsy - false economy.

The bed was very comfortable, and there was plenty of milk!

• Premier Double Room

I booked 2 rooms and one had leaking shower which was dangerous on floor. The other room stank of stale curry. Apparently there is a Indian resident living below the room. Not acceptable. Complained but not response. Not happy

• Premier Double Room

Breakfast was poor and expensive for the quality provided. Room was OK but the ceiling fan had millimetres thick dust on it which was a little disconcerting.

A really silly little complaint: but the mirrors in the room were old and distorted, plus the long one is in the wrong place for actually looking at your outfit in (it was positioned right behind the door and too near to the wall). The mattress was a tad lumpy/springy feeling for my liking, but for one night this was absolutely fine!

Easy check in and check out, pleasant staff who were always around if needed. They have a bar that stays open, and 24 hour staff. Also we had a newer modern bathroom. Which was a nice boost compared to the old fashioned feel to the rest of the building and room. Overall it was an easy and simple place to stay, nothing fancy, just nice and basic. Which was all we were looking for as we had a strict budget! There is on street parking at the front, and to the side of the building (enough for 3-4 cars) and the hotel has a very small parking section for 3 cars? We managed to find a space further down into the culdesac area. It is only a 5 minute walk into knutsford where there are lovely cafes (I recommend piccollino for breakfast!).

We thought the breakfast would be in with the price of the room and needed a "deep clean" in the bathroom.

The full English breakfast was really nice bur evening meals were quite poor.

Stairs to the top floor where we were accommodated were steep, as were the stairs down to the cellar bar. Younger guests would manage more easily!

Particularly nice dining room and very pleasant bedroom with good facilities. Very good standard of decoration. Helpful staff who responded quickly to queries.

The room was a disgrace, in fact the entire hotel is in desperate need of a refurbishment programme. The ensuite bathroom had an annoying dripping tap, the suite was old and worn. The entire bathroom needed ripping out, it was disgusting!!!!! The bedroom not much better either, the bed must have been 20 years old, it need putting in the skip!.

The breakfast was lovely. The lady on reception and serving breakfast was beyond helpful and really nice, which without her, I would not have wanted to stay.

• Premier Twin Room

The internet didn't work. In a room was a 2-page list of instructions how to handle "known issues" with a macbook. Nothing I tried work, and frankly, one had to be an I.T. specialist to sort it. Quite frustrating.

The beds were comfy. The room was very clean.

Despite requesting a quiet room when booking and again when checking in, we were put in a room above a baby so from 6am, we either had screaming or the parents trying to keep it quiet. Breakfast was £12.00 extra each and although good, it wasn't worth that much on top of a room that was already quite expensive. 2 of the lights in our room didn't work and the bathroom mirror was over the toilet, not the sink.

Lovely friendly staff and the cellar bar was most welcome! Room size was OK, lovely big bed and comfy too. Lots of pubs/restaurants within easy walking distance. Breakfast was made with quality ingredients and was very tasty.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

• Standard Single Room

I couldn't get the breakfast, as I had told a waiting of 20 minutes. That isn't fair, when you are managing to get a quick breakfast.

Knutsford is a small town. So, I don't think there's anything that's too far logistically. Clean rooms and does the job. Perfect for business trip, may be not for leisure.

• Standard Single Room

It was so hot! There was no lift. I had to carry my suitcase up four flights of stairs. The room was so tiny. It was under a flightpath. I had to go out into the street to get to the restaurant. It was 3 separate houses not made into one property. There was no garden. The shower was awful - just no water coming out of it.

Amazing poached eggs

• Suite

. GREAT LOCATION BUT TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. The Longview Hotel is an ideal location close to Knutsford but don't expect the management to care if anything goes wrong, they clearly do not value their customers at all. My son and I stayed at the hotel in April and whilst the room was spacious and pleasant, the management were off with us from the start. At check-in the manager stated that our booking didn't include "the child" being my 7 year old excited son who felt as embarrassed as I did when he was repeatedly called "the child" and we were asked for a £10 surcharge on top of the not insignificant sum of £100 for the night excluding breakfast. The room was as expected although the jacuzzi bath was out of operation with no prior warning or apology. On the morning of check-out I made my son and I a cup of tea with the milk provided and only after my son was sick I discovered that the milk was three months out of date. When we checked out we were asked if everything was ok, the hotel was busy with guests arriving and breakfast was underway so to avoid a scene I politely asked that a manager contact me to discuss my issues. Mistakes happen and I accept that, it's a busy hotel and I would have understood if the management had the decency to apologise and rectify that. However it is when things go wrong that a company shows their real commitment to customer service. In the case of The Longview Hotel that commitment is appalling. Having never received a call from the manager I have now made 10 calls to the hotel over four weeks and NEVER had a call returned, each time though I was told that the elusive owner would call me. So I had to resort to complaining to booking.com as recommended by the receptionist, however the website apologised that they had not receive a response from the hotel either. After three weeks I received a payment of £30 from the hotel with no phone call, email or explanation.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

• Premier Double Room

I have stayed in numerous hotels over the years (1,000 +). The bed at Longview, without doubt was the worst I have encountered. This was compounded by the owner and other staff denying the bed was bad. 'Five weeks old' !!!!! Seriously, the springs were on the verge of coming through the ticking fabric, very soft spongey edges.....very uncomfortable. The bed covering looked quite new: however the inner was diabolical !!!!!! Two main points for me in a hotel room...Shower (acceptable) and bed (unacceptable)

Location was good for Knutsford

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

• Premier Deluxe Double Room

The breakfast was small and expensive as b &B wasn't available.

The room was lovely and spacious and the bed was really comfy, I lo bed the bathroom too.

Room 4 very small with no view and very noisy above the kitchen . Extremely hot but no radiator on. Very small bed and no ventilation. Extremely poor value for money.

Car park space

Room too hot, radiator full on on a warm day. Took a long time to cool down and had to sleep with the window wide open and therefore could hear the planes coming in to land

Nice bathroom Large room

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

• Cosy Double Room

A drunk person knocked our door several times and tried the door handle at 4.30am. There was no peep hole so we couldn't see who was at the door. I rang the night porter who sorted the problem. Unfortunately we had been awakened from our sleep and could not get back to sleep again.This was annoying as we had to drive to Cornwall the next day. On checking out I was given a card which will entitle me to 5% discount and free breakfast on next stay. I don't think I will take up the offer.

The room was very small. Booked a standard double however genuinely thought I'd been provided with a 'cosy' room by mistake. I was advised that the cosy room was smaller but couldn't work out how that was possible. No cold water in the room. OK if you enjoy a very hot bath........

The hotel is very convenient for Knutsford town centre.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

• Cosy Double Room

It's on a flight path from Manchester Airport so a bit noisy during the day, flights stop or get diverted at around 10/11pm though so no problems sleeping

Good size room, very clean, staff were very friendly and helpful Would have loved to have stayed longer!

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

No negative comments

Professional and pleasant staff. Close proximity to Knutsford town centre. Good maid service. Great location. No parking restrictions by Hotel. Free toiletries!

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

• Cosy Double Room

Noisy in the mornings at 6am - door bagging loudly and repeatedly. Disturbed sleep pattern so very tired.

Homely. All facilities required especially tea making. Relaxed atmosphere.

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

• Standard Single Room

Some of the rooms aren't actually in the Hotel - they are rooms in a separate house a short walk out the back of the hotel - not ideal if it's raining and the room was freezing during the night!

Great location for the town, good value

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

• Premier Twin Room

Was a bit hot overnight but nothing that could be done about it

Staff were all very friendly and rooms were well looked after. Felt relaxed and very much enjoyed our stay. Great location for restaurants and cafes as well!

• Reviewed: 12 January 2017

Massive draft under the room door, room was dated, price was far too much for the quality, there was dust in parts of the room, the extra blanket was ancient and the bag it was in was covered in dust, the bed was ok but could have had more comfortable mattress protector on it, the towels were rather small. Bed side light switch didn't operate well. (Bizarre -- both on and off turned it on - and somewhere in the middle turned it off)

Room was full of the things I needed (desk, hairdryer, tea making), the wifi was easy to connect to, and the pressure in the shower was great.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

• Premier Double Room

Room was really hot and stuffy, no air conditioning. The matteress on the bed was very uncomfortable and hard, seemed as though it was very old, as you could feel the springs pushing through. Not a great nights sleep. Would class it more as a bed and breakfast, than a hotel. Didn't have the breakfast, as they only served up until 9.30am, which i felt was very early finish for a sunday morning.

Room was very clean, and location was very good, with ample parking. Staff very friendly and welcoming on arrival, and showed us to our room, as it wasn't in the main part of the Hotel.

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

We felt pressured to decide if to have breakfast (which isn't included as standard) when we checked in and didn't think it was very good value at all.

The hotel was in a great location, the room was clean and comfortable and the staff were very attentive.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

• Premier Double Room

Old fashioned ... Biscuits in tea coffee out of date ... Sweetning products out of date and crystallised ... Room dusty and dead insects on valance

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Our room, number 1 was absolutely boiling even with the windows open and fan on! Not sure if this room is above a kitchen or something?

Lovely hotel with a really comfy bed. The staff were friendly, happy to help and the man who was working at night on Sat 24th Sept was brilliant, keeping an extremely busy cellar bar under control and ensuring every1 got a drink.

• Suite

The breakfast was the only let down, for the price I was expecting at least two pieces of bacon!!

Lovely room with a patio, living area and really comfortable bed. The staff were friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Rooms on the small side, net curtain cheap and fell down.

Hotel bar open till late, friendly staff. Dining area is nice, good food available. Near to centre

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

• Cosy Double Room

Floor was really uneven and a bit creaky - which I wouldn't have minded but I felt sorry for the people below us so I had to tiptoe around. The price could be a little clearer as you don't add VAT / extra fees until the end. I would advise your cosy double is actually £76 as opposed to £92 with VAT included (this is only applicable if you're booking through the website directly...but this comment is kind of redundant as we booked with Booking.com). Otherwise, it really is a lovely place to stay :D

We were staying as we were attending a friend's wedding at the Leicester Warren Hall. The bed was the perfect size and the room had a beautiful view of the gorgeous garden. Staff were incredibly friendly and helpful - this includes everyone from the receptionist to the cleaners. They are a credit to the hotel and made the stay easy and enjoyable. This is a great location and close to Knutsford centre (5 min walk!). Would definitely come back again if we're staying in the area.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

• Cosy Double Room

I found the price of the room to be quite expensive for the size, but maybe this is because of its location. When I was in the bedroom I could not hear next door, however when in the bathroom I could hear them talking to each other. The walls do seem to be quite thin, I am glad we had respectful quiet neighbours at night time. If asked if I would stay hear again, I would definitely consider it, the pros outweigh the cons.

If you are wanting to stay in Knutsford, the location of this hotel is excellent and it has free parking. The staff were very friendly and the room itself was comfortable and clean. We opted for the 'cosy' room and found it to be fine for our requirements, I could happily stay in our room for a few nights.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

• Standard Single Room

I had no problems at all during my visit and in fact am staying there again in a few weeks time.

Very friendly staff - I arrived very early, was able to park up, check in and have a free coffee ready for the day ahead with no trouble whatsoever. Absolutely can't fault how friendly they are.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

• Suite

Bed sloped down towards head so had to sleep the other way round. Fixtures and fittings very cheap and didn't look good. Very bossy 'messages' left around the room on cheap laminated bits of paper, not a good look. Very expensive for what it is.

Location was good for what we wanted. WiFi was good speed and accessible.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Larger bath towels would be of benefit and or dressing gowns.

Staff friendly and helpful. Location perfect for our needs. Room clean and very comfy bed. Quiet location too.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

TV was dated, and the hair dryer was old and would not reach the mirrors!

Nice hotel, we only stayed one night and didn't eat, staff very nice, and the room was nice.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Small room, extremely over oriced

Over priced for the size of the rooms and charged £2 extra to pay by debit card. Wouldn't rush to go back very basic for the price

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

• Premier Double Room

We stayed in room no 14 on the ground floor in the front of the building . we would have liked blackout curtains as the light from the garden floodlights which were on all night made the room as daylight even with the curtains closed .

The staff did their best and were very helpful and friendly

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

The price of the breckfast and for 2 half of shandy £9.30. It needs to be less as every one went to the pub were the price is more reasonable

Felt that there should be chosen price for just continental breckfast

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

• Standard Single Room

Friend and I booked 2 single rooms, hers was 2 buildings away from mine in 'annex', her shower didnt work. They tried to charge £2 extra for paying by credit card.

• Reviewed: 18 July 2016

• Premier Twin Room

Bedrooms could be bigger, rooms can get hot at night, breakfast not included, quite pricey (but worth it, all the same).

Good location, free parking, very clean, good bathroom, excellent breakfast (albeit at extra charge), cosy cellar bar, friendly staff. I've been staying here, on and off, for nearly 15 years and the standard remains as high as ever.

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

• Standard Single Room

Having to walk out onto the street to get to my room in the annex.

Perfect location for Tatton Park and Knutsford town centre. Friendly obliging staff and clean comfortable room.

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

• Suite

We had a suite, it was very nice but a little over-priced we thought. The boiler was in our room, we were in the loft area, it was very noisy. Bathroom was a bit tired, needs updating, shower was poor. The living room with the Suite was un-inviting, too basic, not homely. Didn't use it. TV in the bedroom need tuning every time we put it on. Overall - bit disappointing.

Location, Balcony.

• Reviewed: 4 July 2016

• Premier Double Room

Rooms facing road were noisy. No blackout blinds/curtains so was woken up very early by daylight. Although there were the usual coffee/tea making facilities there was nothing offered for non coffee/tea drinkers. Just a couple of bottles of water would be appreciated. Breakfast is extra (£12.00) which all adds up to the price of your stay, plus there was no option to just have a continental breakfast so you could end up paying £12.00 for a couple of slices of toast!

Central location.

• Cosy Double Room

The room was a little on the small side but for a one night stay that was absolutely fine.

Lovely hotel in a perfect location with friendly staff.

Expensive at £95 and 12.50 for breakfast

• Premier Twin Room

Thought price could have included breakfast.

My bed - slept incredibly well. Nice spacey room & bathroom.

• Premier Double Room

Old fashioned, could do with modernising