Reviews of Luton Hotel Residence 2 stars

92 Chapel Street, Luton, LU1 5DD, United Kingdom

#9 of 22 Holiday rentals in Luton

Friendly
    • Small Single Room

The room was too hot and the only way to ventilate was to open the window, but that meant it was too noisy. And the bed was not comfortable.

Both the night porter and the manager were wonderful! So friendly, chatty, and helpful. I would go back to visit them. I felt like I'd made friends. There is a 24-hr shop next door, which was convenient for me as I arrived at 1am, having travelled since 8am the day before and had not had time to eat all day. In the day time I discovered how close it was to the main shopping area, and more importantly: an excellent café for breakfast.

RUBBISH

NOT ONE THING

DONT GO TO THIS HOTEL THERE ARE DRUG USERS WHO LIVE IN THE HOTEL AND THE MANAGNER IS A THEIF HE STOLE MY MONEY THATS WHY THERE IS NO ONE IN THE HOTEL.

Should’ve, and could’ve, been better
    • Small Single Room

WiFi didn’t work at all Bathroom was very unclean The walls were way too thin, could hear guests on either side of my room sleeping/talking all night The headboard to the bed was semi-fastened to the wall but not the bed? So every time I would move in the night, it would bang off the wall and make a noise that woke me up constantly

Staff were friendly Location wasn’t too bad

One of the worst hotels I’ve ever stayed in.
    • Standard Triple Room

Spiders and roaches in the hotel, cigarette butts all over the courtyard, and a bright green emergency light in our room that couldn’t be turned off. Disgusting hotel.

Close to Luton Airport and also in Luton Town Close to...
    • Small Single Room

Got room 1 and the door to main corridor was beside my door so the whole night I could hear people in and out.. Not good at all when I had to wake up at 4am to catch my flight. Definitely if you get room 1 ask for a other room or you won't be able to sleep.

Close to Luton Airport and also in Luton Town Close to bars and restaurants.

Good place in Luton
    • Standard Triple Room

Perfect place for any traveler that needs to use London Luton airport or as a place to stay during north-south trip. Stuff was very friendly, place was quiet and clean with all facilities needed and city center just near by with good and big wetherspoon

Enjoyable stay
    • Standard Single Room

The curtain didn't cover the window properly but that is easy to fix and only a minor complaint.

I loved how helper he staff was and that my room had a fridge so I could keep my food cold.

Stayed a couple of nights, would recommend
    • Small Single Room

WiFi was inconsistent. Also shower door wouldnt close completely so the bathroom floor ended up soaked following a shower

Easy booking in an out. Helpful staff arranging taxis and getting very good prices for them too.

will book again if i dont get that noisy room
    • Small Single Room

the room i got was front facing and because there was pub just adjacent to the hotel it was quiet noisy! even with the window closed it was very noisy! this problem can be sort out by installing new proper window, they did look like victorian time one

property was clean and tidy. the room has quiet a few stuff that i was not expecting. value for money.

The small hotel is very cosy, has excellent customer service...
    • Small Single Room

It might be that the area is not the most aesthetically appealing. However it didn't make me feel unsafe as travelled during day time.

The small hotel is very cosy, has excellent customer service and is 5 min walk from the town hall/10-15 min from the train station. It faces the main road which which was helpful in terms of locating the hotel and luckily, during my stay there (week days) there was no noise coming from the street - so I had a good sleep.

Unplesant stay.
    • Standard Triple Room

Wifi poor, Tv remote didn't work, no hot water in shower, bed uncomfortable, no tea/ciffee facilities in room, window does open.

Didn't enjoy anything about my stay.

Practical for a Bed and a short stay

Ensuite was quite tight (you'd get more space in an Airplane toilet), Room was small but in fairness was close to what I expected which was a be a bed for an overnight for an early flight out the following morning.

Staff were friendly and helpful. Pressure in the Shower was excellent

Staff and reception was very good!
    • Standard Single Room

The room had a lot of dust, carpet and old furniture with strong smell. Bathroom with spiders on the wall. My bed was full of hair strands and a lot of noise outside. The sinal on tv was horrible. Room hot and dark.

Staff and reception was very good! The shower was good. Location good.

Pleasant
    • Standard Single Room

Outside noise during the night as the room was very hot, even without the heating on. Needed to keep the window open.

Room was comfortable, staff very helpful.

Very good friendly lady at reception.would stay there again

Little noisy but this was beyond the hotels control as it was from near by not in the hotel itself

Very nice room clean and tidy with drinks facilities and fridge.conveniant for family’s

Nice stay
    • Standard Single Room

Room was not cleaned well.

I stayed for 2 nights - even outside was quite cold it was warm in the room. You have almost everything what you need in your room (small kitchen, table for working,..).

Lovely manager.
    • Standard Triple Room

We had smokers outside our door most of the night and all we could smell was cigarette smoke in our room. Rough neighbourhood. Not Hotels fault.

Lovely manager. Very helpful.

Good stay
    • Standard Single Room

Noise from neighbours down the hall. Couple having a row all the time.

Amazing staff, room perfect temperature, kitchenette was good although didn't use it. Excellent location.

Great value in an urban setting
    • Small Single Room

Could use some updating with carpets and furniture.

The staff were super helpful - more like the staff at a much more high-end hotel. Very convenient to the heart of Luton. If you're not a lover of urban spaces, you might think it was too loud; but it's all part of the energy, right? It was nice to have an en suite room - could make my own breakfasts. Super great value overall!

Great staff, clean rooms.
    • Small Single Room

Slight noise from the road but no fault to hotel. Maybe a notice advising due to road location noise may affect some guests might be an idea to prevent complaints. Luckily, I'm used to road noise so fine for me.

This hotel did everything it said on the tin. It said small single, and I expected smaller - maybe I'm comparing too much to Londons version of a small room. Gent on check-in could work in a 5 star hotel - very attentive and friendly. Even got shown to my room. This is a budget hotel by looking at the prices and to be honest, I feel they don't need to provide shower gels and shampoo's. Any sensinle guest should not be expecting these when paying minimal. But it's a nice touch to be seen and appreciated I'm sure. Cleanliness was very good given the age of the hotel.

Comfortable and good value for money.

Parking was a little distance away and payable. Taxi drive from airport.

Bed was comfortable - no breakfast but good facilities in room so could do your own - fridge, microwave and hob. Staff - (Anton in reception) were helpful and knowledgeable about the area.

Blake, the receptionist welcomed me when I arrived.
    • Standard Single Room

Blake, the receptionist welcomed me when I arrived. He answered all my questions about facilities nearby and how to plan my journey ahead to make it smoother and faster. He was excellent to help me feel comfortable, and find me a quiet, non-smoking room after my long journey. This is the service, I truly appreciate when I arrive to a place as a guest. The room was spotless clean and warm in style. Wonderful. Thank you.

• Small Single Room

Noisy front street, but hey, this is not a fault of the hotel!

Excellent location, just 5 min walk from Luton Station where you catch a shuttle bus to the airport. The front street gets kind of noisy at night, so if you are sensitive, just bring good ear plugs with you. The receptionist was very helpful, friendly stuff, exactly what I needed for £30 instead of crashing at the airport!

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

If you really have to stay in Luton and don't mind paying extra for parking, it's adequate
    • Small Single Room

My criteria for selection was parking and wi-fi, but the only parking is street parking which was full (and only available for two hours stays anyway) or an NCP multi-storey two blocks away. The lady on reception let me park in their garage when I complained, but don't be fooled if the listing states there is parking, there isn't.

The lady on reception couldn't have been more helpful, from allowing me to park in their garage when I was unable to find parking, to providing an additional blanket. The room was warm, the bed was comfortable, there was a desk, wi-fi was fine, the bathroom adequate.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

small place comfortable and neat enough for over-night stay
    • Standard Triple Room

street is bit away from town centre and location (?may seem) on rougher side

small (open) area outside room good to sit in. room was fine and bed comfortable. note the place is between other properties in the street.

Great position near the Luton airport (more or less 5-10...

Lack of an elevator.

Great position near the Luton airport (more or less 5-10 minutes by car). The rooms are small but comfortable, with also a little kitchen. The staff help us to reserve a taxi for the airport.

The receptionist was really kind.
    • Standard Single Room

The heating didn't work. The room was not clean.

The receptionist was really kind. She tried to fix the radiator and she provided extra heater for me.

Very nice and clean place.
    • Small Single Room

The only downside was the noise from the street outside my window.

Very nice and clean place. My room was quite small but with a bathroom and a kitchenette. Surprisingly high standard for two stars hotel. Service very attentive and helpful.I asked for early check in and a bit late check out and there was no problem with it. I can recommend this place.

Extremely noisy - terrible
    • Standard Single Room

This was the second and last time I stayed here. I am staying in hotels in Luton at least one day a week for work, and thought I d give this place another go, having stayed there previously (2-3 months ago). I requested a quiet room and was assured by the receptionist that the room would be very quiet as it was facing the backyard (Room No 1). Despite reassurances that this was a quiet room, the noise was unbelievable. Doors slamming every 5 minutes, people walking and talking loudly in the corridors from 9pm to 7am non-stop. I was waiting until midnight to see if things get more quiet, but it only got worse. As a result, and despite wearing ear plugs, I didn't get any sleep. You could still hear the slamming, even with earplugs. There is absolutely no noise insulation anywhere in the building, so even if someone slams a door upstairs, you can still hear it. Apart from the terrible noise, the room was full of mould, the shower head was broken/displaced, the bed was uncomfortable and the blanket they provided smelled bad and was full of dust. I did not care much about the facilities when I booked it and accepted the fact that this is a cheap, budget hotel and not a 5-star, but at least, as a paying customer, I would expect a decent sleep. When I complained about the noise upon check out in the morning, the receptionist just said that next time they could give me another quiet room. I explained that there will be no next time. I regret not asking for a full refund on the spot, but I will do so formally and in writing, as this is a breach of contract. For now, the review should suffice and will hopefully help other customers make a more informed decision about staying here. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone and would certainly not stay here ever again. Better to pay an extra tenner and stay in a proper hotel.

This was a very pleasant place to stay. I would do it again.
    • Small Single Room

Unless I wanted to shop, I didn't know of any sights in the area.

The place was clean and comfortable, and the staff very obliging. Not too far from transportation.

not at all a good experience.
    • Standard Single Room

room given was just above the PUB and so noisy all night. arrived at 12.30 PM - i had room changed at 4 AM again and i could sleep at all- just waste of money for me that night. also no parking and i had to park some 150 meters away in NCP parking paying £9 for my car.

rooms were clean and the kitchen in each room .

reasonable place in Luton but not great
    • Standard Single Room

-Off road parking should be made clear in the hotel profile. -Radiator was not working & the portable radiator had a broken leg-wheel. -Small cramped bedroom space. -Noise from nearby rooms till just after midnight.

-Average accommodation at a reasonable price. -Self sufficient ensuite room with small kitchen facility.

Bed uncomfortable, no free parking as advert described had...
    • Standard Single Room

Bed uncomfortable, no free parking as advert described had to pay £5 a night for a locked garage, very noisy hotel, loss of sleep to outside noises, noisy guests at various times through the night and early morning, annoying hot water pipe noise kept me awake too

Perfect.
    • Standard Single Room

I was amazed at the lovely service provided by staff - they did so much to make my stay really comfortable and pleasant. It is a very long time since I have stayed in a hotel with such a gracious approach to guests and a willingness to be helpful. I found the room perfect - quirky and interesting, maintaining the individual character and shape of the room I was staying in. Very likely to have been the original staircase shape, which is a pleasure to see nowadays. So many hotel rooms have that sterile box feel about them as that is what they are, not this one - Yes hygienically clean, plenty of character and interesting furniture, plus provision of mini cooking hob, microwave, sink for washing-up in and other features which were aesthetically and practically pleasing. When I needed assistance to order a taxi early the next morning that was undertaken by staff along with a knock on the door (my choice) to ensure I would be ready for it. I will at some point certainly stay here again and be recommending this hotel to friends and family. All the best.

Cannot fault this hotel.
    • Small Single Room

Cannot fault this hotel. From the staff to the room, everything was excellent. Handy for the transport links and secure as you are buzzed in until you have a key. Even having a key, late at night you're buzzed in. Car parking nearby is reasonable for a short stay as it is free overnight so you pay for the hours you park.

Good value to money when place to stay near the Airport is needed.

Parking is on nearby street and it was scarce. There was a strong tobacco smell in the bathroom.

It is close to the Luton Airport. Kitchen facilities are very good.

Good value and helpful staff.
    • Standard Triple Room

It would have been good to be able to get breakfast there...

We used the hotel to sleep at after a late flight back to the UK. The staff were friendly and we had everything we needed. It's a self catering place and we didn't have food with us so we needed to get going in the morning to find breakfast - but we knew this was the case and the hotel is a short walk from the city centre. It was good value. The thing to bear in mind is to put the taxi fare into the cost - using the airport taxis we paid an £11.85 arriving at about midnight to get to the hotel. We were late arriving due to our flight being delayed - this was no problem and the night time staff member was very helpful.

A lovely little hotel near Luton Town centre
    • Small Single Room

The hairdryer broke, had no spares said they would change my room in the evening but did not want to put them to the trouble of cleaning 2 rooms ...just need to get a couple of spares in but receptionist was extremely polite.

A value for money room very clean road can be a little noisy but not a real problem very friendly staff visit here on many occasions.

Rather cheap.

Small room, everything was crowded. But it served the purpose.

Rather cheap. Close to city center. Store next door. Rather silent environment. All in all, we had a good time. Some of the rooms are in a inner courtyard filled with flowers and plants; very nice.

Hidden charm.
    • Small Single Room

I'm fussy about my morning cup of coffee- instant, white sugar and artificial cream just don't do it for me. I rather walk down to the lobby to a brewed coffee setup and get a decent cup over the "convenience" of a so-so cup in my room. And, like every hotel I ever seem to book, regardless of rating or location, the shower drain was clogged. I would love a hotel shower where I don't stand in my own soapy water, y'know?

I stayed to catch an early flight out of Luton. The hotel was convenient to the train (which is how I arrived) and was an easy trip to the airport. It's not in the greatest part of town aesthetically speaking (I did not feel unsafe), but the rates are reasonable, the staff very polite and helpful, and the proximity to restaurants, banking facilities, etc., very good. I would certainly use the place as a "base" while exploring the surrounding areas. Since I didn't have a car, I can't speak to parking issues, but if you are driving, I'd get advance information before booking. Overall, high marks.

You get what you pay for....nice staff though

Budget quite shabby room and I had to pay £5 for parking which I didn't agree with. I barely slept as it was so noisy as the area is very run down. There is no on street parking nearby which was a major issue for me. Note that loud planes go over all night. Staff were nice. But you get what you pay for....don't expect too much and you wont be disappointed. I would probably book a bed and breakfast next time a bit further away as the location isn't that great and its still quite a long way from the airport. at least a 15 min drive. I thought it was expensive and no breakfast included.

The staff were very friendly and tried to please

The rooms are equipped wonderfully, but walls are very permeable to sounds, any soundproof!
    • Small Single Room

Walls are very permeable to sounds, paper carton walls, any soundproof :( Necessary ear plugs for sleeping!

The rooms are equipped wonderfully, very clean, staff is very kind and friendly.

Luton - wonderful

It was close to main town and facilities and within walking distance of the coach stop too. Very well presented and staff were very friendly. Want to stay again :)

The place was fine, however the alarm at Matalan over the...
    • Small Single Room

The place was fine, however the alarm at Matalan over the road rang all night from 12.00 until the morning when I left, not the hotels fault but a poor nights sleep

Felt like home away from home

Went on a holiday in the greatest location we found. Minutes by foot from the city center, the train, 10 minutes drive from the airport. The room was comfortable and clean. We had all we needed. The staff of the hotel were a big extra for us and a great part of our stay. Thank you all for an amazing week that felt like home away from home. Definitely planning on staying there whenever we're around. Tnx again, Ela & Damien.

Convienient,friendly and good value.
    • Standard Single Room

On busy road so quite noisy if your room is at the front.I used ear plugs and had a good sleep.

Very close to the airport.Ideal for early flight.Friendly staff.Good value for the money.

Don't expect to cook a meal.
    • Standard Single Room

cooking facilities very poor. useless for anything other than coffee, toast and microwave meals. Wifi kept dropping out. TV reception very poor. Only a couple of channels watchable.

Staff was helpful, bathroom is new, room has fridge and...

No parking available, too hot to stay during summer as we have kid and unable to open the window in full

Staff was helpful, bathroom is new, room has fridge and kitchen

Comfortable, basic, clean rooms convienience for airport.

We stayed on an usually hot evening so the room was very hot.

The staff were very welcoming, efficient, friendly and helpful. Quick response to emails and arranged taxis to airport.

First time using this accommodation and did not know what to...

Pick-up and Drop-off at Luton Airport a nightmare but that's not the fault of the Luton Hotel Residence.

First time using this accommodation and did not know what to expect. Have to say: Good value for money, close to airport with reasonably-priced pre-booked taxi. Early morning call on time as arranged. Although no food available on-site there was nice food at a nearby chain hotel? Tea/coffee making facilities available. Comfortable twin room - quiet location.

Good clean friendly budget hotel.

Location was poor but it did not matter as we did not go to the hotel for the location.

Clean. Good staff. This is a good budget hotel. If you want a bed to sleep in with a reasonable on-suite bathroom and are not concerned too much about the location, this hotel is good value.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Awful noises in the street
    • Standard Single Room

Very loud shouting, yelling, and kicking a dustbin done by a bunch of boozy and drunk people till about 2 am. There is a pub nearby and bus stop with a bench, where these people were sitting and making noises. I scolded them twice shouting via my window (a standard single room facing the street), but it did not help much. I arrived to the hotel late at night and had to get up very early next morning. So these noises were really painful..., And it was in the middle of the week.

10-15 min waking distance from the station and a kitchenette is a bonus; not very heavy traffic which would disturb good night sleep

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Handy for Luton.
    • Standard Single Room

Off road parking, sometimes can be tricky to find a space close to hotel. During this particular visit, I had two noisy men in room next door , loud voices and louder snoring. In previous visit, I had no issue with noise.

Friendly staff, comfortable room with mini kitchen, good shower. Clean and in good repair. Good value for money. Very handy for short walk into centre of Luton and all of it's restaurants and bars.

I've stayed three times now and will continue to use as long as I have work in Luton.
    • Small Single Room

Just a very small thing. I've stayed in a couple of rooms and the TV signal reception can be a little temperamental.

Very clean. Helpful staff. The fridge, sink, cooker etc make it very convenient for a business trip and not having to eat out etc. Good value.

Clean, reasonably priced, friendly staff

Room needed a little maintenance, for example there were some bulbs out and a few broken lights. Also the bathroom light was very dim. But nothing that would deter me from rebooking.

Pleasant stay
    • Small Single Room

The TV signal was weak, losing signal quite frequently. There was a noise at night, people were loud on the street on a Saturday night, but nothing to do against it. Overall nice place to stay.

Was a very well equipped room with everything you need. A little kitchenette to make your own meal if you want to. Clean bathroom, comfy bed, a nearby shop. Staff was very helpful.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Best choice for the price in Luton area.
    • Small Single Room

My room looked to the street that was very noisy. The window in my room was small (apx. 30cmX50cm)

The propety is very close to the rail station, about 10-12min walk. The room, bathroom, kitchen corner were clean. The shower, TV, hair drayer, kettle, taps worked. I found everything what I needed for a night. Receptionist was helpful and kind. The price was very friendly.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Good value for money for short stay

More attention in cleaning around the room. Bathroom need more personal item but it's OK and clean

Good location. 2 minutes walking from Luton city center. 5 minute driving from Luton airport. Room equipped well. . Good value for money

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

Good for a short stopover.
    • Small Single Room

The noise from the street was reeeaaally bad. Even with the small window shut I was woken at least 4 times on a Thursday night by drunk people.

Very friendly and helpful reception. Very small room (but fine at this price), but little kitchenette was useful. Bathroom was fine.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

A perfect stopover option in this depressing English town.

A perfect stopover option in this depressing English town. It has everything a budget or briskness travel or would ever require. Suggest you walk away from the area down the street to the end,turn right to the Red Lion Pub. It has excellent meals drinks, prices . Hotel has 24 hr reception & herring taxi to airport is no problem for 11 pound

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

Great, easy place to stop before our trip to London

The door was a little bit thin and the lock wasn't amazing, so we could hear a lot of noise outside and felt a bit awkward about not being able to lock it better. However, we didn't feel unsafe at any point.

The room was nice and big for the price, we even had a kitchenette and it was a welcome rest after a long journey. The staff were very welcoming and called us a cheap taxi when we left.

Excellent little hotel
    • Standard Single Room

Nothing to do with hotel, but on Sunday morning, just after 4am, thay had couple of drunken guests, who were very noisy, but were soon calmed down. Luckily for me, I was already up-and-running, because of my early morning flight.

From the first contact to the end, I like staff and this little hotel.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

Great value for money

Nothing in particular

Great staff, didn't have any issues checking me quite late as I missed my train to Luton and didn't end up being there until 11pm. Also, bonus points for the cleanliness - spot on! Finally they also managed a taxi transfer to the airport as it was very a early morning flight.

nice hotel in overall, value for money
    • Small Single Room

-bed is OK, but i am not sure if they did change the bedsheet or pillowcase.found hair on that before i use. -a bit warm, i didnt check if i can turn off the heater

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

Lots of positives, but needed some odour neutraliser
    • Small Single Room

The room smelt badly of stale cigarettes. The water pressure from the shower was poor.

Receptionists were friendly and helpful. I was shown to my room and a very reasonably priced taxi was booked to take me to the airport. Was given a double room - though I'd booked a single - and it was clean and well-equipped. It's self-catering, with a hob, microwave and fridge, and there is a convenience store right next door. Stayed midweek and there was no issue with noise. It's close to the airport and you could hear the planes in the morning, but it wasn't particularly obtrusive. WiFi was available free of charge.

Great value! Cozy and clean.
    • Small Single Room

They were testing the fire alarm that day and scared me to death it was so loud. Two men were outside in front street, singing loudly late Saturday night. They came out of a bar on the corner.

Very good value for the money. Cozy place. Excellent staff attention. Private and clean.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

Very friendly, helpful receptionist ( both evening and...
    • Standard Triple Room

Location .. horribly area, scary in fact At drop off by the taxi , we were surrounded by " druggies" trying to hustle us for money. Scared us terribly , The hotel fro but door was locked and we were stuck on the street for about 5 minutes in a dangerous situation . Of course this is NOT the fault of the hotel , except that the door was locked and we could not enter the reception Hotel is basic, small tiny room could hardly bring in our luggage ( to small to swing a cat" )

Very friendly, helpful receptionist ( both evening and morning )

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

A two stars hotel? May be it is minus 2 stars...

I have been in much better places for 40 pounds, even in London. Enviroiment was like in gheto movie - for 1 min outside the hotel 2 different people asked me for money, the girl on reception says that it is not save to park the car outside, doors are locked. The rooms was dirty - only clean things was the sheets and towels. Dirty floor, bathroom, windows. The door was half-broken, so the window. Absolutely no sound isolation - all night police sirens from streets, and every move to other hotel guests. Did not sleep at all... Never, never again...

Im happy that we left this place unharmed and in healty.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Nice place to stay, if visiting Luton
    • Standard Triple Room

Juts only one thing - coffee could be better, but I would not count it as something bad :) I think it is my personal thing as I am quite chose when it comes to coffee.

I loved the staff working at the Luton Hotel Residence. They were very helpful from the moment we stepped in the middle of the night, till the last minute we collected our bags. They allowed us to keep our stuff even after the check out time, as we had plenty of time before our flight to room around.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

Great budget hotel
    • Small Single Room

WiFi is intermittent in rooms facing the back of the property, stayed in three different rooms and the ones at the back both had problems with WiFi dropping out.

Extremely friendly staff, always smiling. Location is quite close to town centre so good for shopping.

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

• Small Single Room

The room was little bit cold. The hit was at 0. The best thing would be to have it already little bit worm inside at arriving there. 😊

The small kitchen service inside the room was great idea!

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

A fair priced hotel,in the city centre with obvious proximity to all needed amenities.
    • Small Single Room

It was a Saturday night so the shouting voices which woke me up were to a degree understandable. Such shouting could well have come from the street outside and so I can hardly blame the hotel owners. Also loud and the rather heavy tramping of feet as guests descended the staircase and was able to hear them all in conversation as they pass. ed the room door

Did not expect a completely self catering room for the very reasonable price paid. Pleasantly surprised and would consider staying there again if in Luton.

Wouldn't go back there

The room was cramped. The shower doors didn't open very much so if you are a bit on the large size then you wouldn't be able to have a shower

The bathroom was decorated very nicely

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

Friendly helpful staff made place worth visiting

Did not like the difficulty in getting there. Airport taxis a complete rip-off. Up to £40 was quoted. Bus cost me £2. Local taxi back to airport far more reasonable £12. During daytime easy access, not so good in middle of the night.

The night manager was extremely helpful. Organized early morning call (has to walk to room to call) and local taxi back to airport. Was only there for few short hours and found the room and facilities clean and comfortable. Looked like the courtyard would be nice place to relax but didn't have the time.

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

I recommend this hotel 100%.

All was fine. I'll stay here again.

Very helpful, friendly and efficient staff. Good value for money in an expensive town. Warm and comfortable, close to town and amenities.

Browse Luton Hotel Residence traveller photo gallery