Reviews of Macdonald Manchester Hotel 4 stars

London Road, Manchester City Centre, Manchester, M1 2PG, United Kingdom

#55 of 98 hotels in Manchester

• Reviewed: 16 October 2018

Expensive item left in the room, tried ringing the hotel the...
    • Classic Double Double

Expensive item left in the room, tried ringing the hotel the following days to retrieve it and kept fobbing me off saying they would ring back. Very Rude staff on the phone with no interest to help. Item was never returned 😐

• Reviewed: 16 October 2018

The location was ideal, the room was large and comfortable,...
    • Classic Double Double

Nothing it was all great.

The location was ideal, the room was large and comfortable, great bathroom. I was running the half marathon and whilst we couldn't delay our checkout for me to get showered post event, I was able use the facilities in the spa which was perfect. Very helpful and accommodating.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Bedroom was nice size.
    • Classic Double Double

Not much of a welcome for £200 per night. Bar man didn't smile once. All a bit bland and 'give us your money'

Bedroom was nice size. Bathroom was fab.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

I love Dave, not the waiter.
    • Classic King Room

We ordered room service and I asked the boy for a bottle opener and he just stormed into our room whilst my girlfriend was laid on the bed (clothed- luckily)

The room was incredibly comfortable, great views and they have the Dave channel.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

Location was a short distance from city centre shops but on a very busy road in a run down area.
    • Classic Double Double

The air conditioning kept cutting out on the first night and so the room was really hot and stuffy meaning all of us did not sleep well. The windows did not open and so you really needed the air con. When it did work it was noisy. The towels were frayed. Mould on the shower sealant, grout discoloured and stained on the shower wall tiles. No conditioner or body lotion and the Elemis shampoo; which you would expect to be good, was terrible. I have short hair but it was one huge knot without conditioner. We expect a 4 start hotel to provide conditioner, body lotion and cotton buds as standard. This was an obvious cost saving exercise. Also at breakfast there was no butter available at the buffet, just Flora. Instead one tiny piece of butter was left out on a saucer on the tables; it wasn't brought to your table when you sat down it was just already there (goodness knows for how long). The cost of the hotel and the 4 star rating did not reflect in our experience unfortunately.

The staff were really helpful and friendly from the minute we arrived. We'd had an awful 7 hour drive to get there and so the friendly welcome really made a difference. The chef at breakfast was great cooking me mushrooms. Housekeeping managed to find me some conditioner. Breakfast staff were quick to bring coffee and my gluten free toast. There was a gluten free cereal too, which was great. Reception also made sure the air conditioning was fixed.

Staff were lovely.
    • Classic Double Double

Property looking tired, carpets in corridors dirty and warn. Shower in bathroom poor. Could only initially find 1 towel, even though room booking was for three.

Staff were lovely.

Does the job!

Nothing to dislike per se. Recently refurbished; you can still tell it's an older hotel. But all fine in general.

Decent location near the train station. Rooms refurbished properly.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2018

• Classic King Room

Our room wasn't ready on arrival and only became available nearly two hours after the hotel's check-in time. We were offered a drink voucher while we waited. The inside of the wardrobe was really dusty and the only toiletries provided were two small bottles of shampoo to use in the shower. The hotel seemed to be operating on a skeleton staff because whenever we approached reception during our 5 day stay there was always a long wait. The staff were helpful but seemed generally fed up and there wasn't a lot of smiling going on.

Very big room with open view across the city. Good location for both city centre and road out of the city. Parking available just across the road.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2018

Excellent stay overall except the high parking charges
    • Classic Double Double

Car parking charge was very high in comparison to other hotels within locality.

Not many hotels offer family room with two double beds whereas here it did. We really enjoyed the comfort, facilities & friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

Relaxing and easy
    • Classic King Room

We couldn’t check in as early as we would have liked but it was still great!

It was really easy to book and good value! The spa facilities were really great!

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

Nice Hotel
    • Classic King Room

Bathroom door on the inside was filthy marked&hadn't been cleaned in ages! Also at breakfast we ordered a bacon roll that never arrived. Staff we're very slow&we had to ask for tea toast&took ages coming!

The room was big and we had a bath&shower, which was a big plus. Room service was excellent and plentiful, staff was courtious. Room was big with air con&very quiet

Fun
    • Classic Double Double

No swimming pool. One person cancelled last minute for our spa group. Reception didn’t suggest someone else taking treatment and when we thought about asking we were told it was too late and no refund.

Great selection at breakfast. 2 double beds in room enabled a group of friends to stay together. Relaxing ambiance in spa. Glass of prosseco each in spa (hen/50th celebration). Congratulations written in plate for birthday/party girl at afternoon tea.

Check in issues
    • Classic King Room

While I understand check in was not till 3pm I had emailed ahead as we had travelled through the night and arrived at 9am reception staff weren't very helpful and told us room couldn't be ready until 3 when in fact was ready by 2 I find it hard to believe in a hotel this size so we were left to search the city at this time on a Sunday morning as no refreshments being served until 10 am and no help or advice offered at any stage

The rooms were of an excellent standard clean and spacious

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

Excellent size and comfortable bed and the hotel was very...
    • Accessible Double

My wife found the subdued lighting in our room too dark to be able to get ready successfully and our room (321). The room had a wet room/disabled style bathroom however at 6 feet tall I found the only half moon sink far too low and small to use.

Excellent size and comfortable bed and the hotel was very quiet aiding a good nights sleep.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Bathroom was big and clean with really fast running hot...
    • Classic Family Room

There was an issue with the AC control in the room as it had to be centrally done by contacting Reception every time you want switch between hot and cold. Very strange.

Bathroom was big and clean with really fast running hot water.

Awful hotel
    • Executive King Room

Very run down , needs updating in all areas. Breakfast was appalling and 300 pounds a night for this hotel is just not worth the money! Never ever again!!!

Staff very helpful

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Size of room, breakfast, friendly staff.
    • Classic King Room

Mattress on the bed in room 633 needs replacing. The springs could be felt sticking through the mattress topper.

Size of room, breakfast, friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

The looks that I was receiving from a majority of the staff...
    • Classic Double Double

The looks that I was receiving from a majority of the staff were very unsettling and made me feel extremely uncomfortable, from the moment I walked in the hotel until I checked out, I had a lot of staff members staring at me to which I can only put down to the way I was dressed which I find extremely discriminating, I definitely will not be staying here again. Also when I checked in I wasn’t told where the restaurant was for breakfast in the morning or how to get to my room apart from that the lift is around the corner.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Good, clean hotel, central location, near public transport & food outlets. Hot breakfast.
    • Classic Double Double

Smokers stood outside the front door of the hotel. Not very welcoming sight. There needs to be a designated area elsewhere for smokers.

Breakfast was good with plenty of variety and cooked food was hot. It was a very welcome change to have hotel staff who were either local English people or European staff who spoke and understood good English. Part of the hotel experience when on holiday is to have a little chat with the staff and ask their help about what to see and do locally.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Room was comfortable with a nice view.
    • Panoramic Junior Suite

Staff were not very welcoming. Breakfast was particularly poor. Choice limited. Had to ask for several things/items that had run out. Greasy hash browns and bacon, no scrambled egg. Finding our way around hotel was confusing. Lifts were not labelled up clearly with which floor to get off to get to restaurant/ reception. Toilets were miles away from bar area - again, easy to get lost! Wine expensive in bar area.

Room was comfortable with a nice view.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Exceptionally clean, comfortable rooms and common areas.
    • Classic King Room

The restaurant wasn't very good. £32.00 for a fillet steak. Came out like shoe leather. Sent back. Came out marginally better but I had finished my dinner by the time it came back. Overall not good value for money or attention to detail. Toilets for the common areas were not easily accessible or sign posted properly. I have a breathing problem so climbing 5/6 lots of small steps rendered me breathless! Logging in the room not great. No tea bags or biscuits in the room on the first day. Handle on wardrobe broken.

Exceptionally clean, comfortable rooms and common areas. Good location

EXTREMELY PLEASANT STAY.
    • Classic King Room

TRAFFIC NOISE DUE LOCATION A MILD IRRITATION.

PARTNER UPGRADED TO A SUITE ON ARRIVAL. IT WAS AMAZING. VERY COMFORTABLE, WELL APPOINTED, GREAT BATHROOM WITH BATH AND BIG WALK IN SHOWER, EXCELLENT AMENITIES.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Good location, not too happy with the hotel
    • Classic King Room

I didn’t like the fact that the fridge didn’t work, the lights weren’t very bright and the little lamp wasn’t working at all, there was no signal on the tv for us to have music channels on or the radio. I report this to reception and they said they would send someone to sort it out. This did not happen which was very disappointing. I’m not impressed that the facilities weren’t working. The price we paid for the hotel I would expect a higher standard. All we got was an apology when we left!

The pillows and bed was very comfortable

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

We visited the hotel for my boyfriends birthday.
    • Classic King Room

Not much to dislike, the price was very expensive in comparison to other places, although I do understand a Saturday night in a city centre isn’t going to be cheap.

We visited the hotel for my boyfriends birthday. In the room was a plate that had Happy Birthday written on in chocolate with a small box of chocolates for a gift which I thought was a lovely touch, it really made us feel welcome. The room was absolutely beautiful and the view from the 7th floor was amazing. The bed was so comfortable and the whole room spotlessly clean.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

We were only staying one night thank goodness else I would have complained will not staying again
    • Accessible Double

We were put in a disabled room don't know why sa we are not disabled,my husband could not see in the mirror to have a shave as it was so low, we only had one bath and hand towel, the bedside light dase was very dusty and the room looked very tired.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Outstanding room for a great price, situated right next to the station.
    • Classic King Room

The hotel staff was friendly and welcoming. The room was out of this world, so spacious, I have never slept in such a big bed and the bathroom was amazing.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

We celebrated our anniversary in Manchester and stayed here.
    • Classic King Room

We celebrated our anniversary in Manchester and stayed here. The staff did a brilliant job in making the room great! They personalised it for our anniversary and we’re extremely friendly. I will definitely use this hotel again. Also they views were amazing with the wide windows as well it’s a really good hotel.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

Maybe time to look elsewhere?
    • Classic King Room

Have been staying here for a number of years and it's so sad to see an old friend dying! There is evidence of cost cutting all around: the bar meals menu is limited and uninspiring compared with a few years ago, fridges and wine glasses have recently been removed from all rooms, a cup in my room had lipstick on it, presumably from a previous occupant. AC/heating unit did not work properly (often the case and despite assurances from Reception that it was), service in the bar has deteriorated since the appointment of new staff: trying to charge food/drinks to my room is consistently "difficult" for them.

Location and car parking is convenient for central Manchester. Rooms are quiet and spacious.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

Great value and in a fantastic location.
    • Classic Family Room

Single bed in the twin room was broken but could work around it easily

Room was large with a huge bathroom, perfect location for what we were doing. Great bar also.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

Made the trip to Manchester an easy visit!
    • Classic Double Double

it was all great - couldn't find fault

Very nice hotel, lovely breakfast and great location. Staff and room all excellent. Made the trip to Manchester start and finish on an excellent note!

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Awful not worth it at all never again
    • Classic King Room

No hot water was available, the room was dirty, old glasses and food containers where in the corridor. Rude staff. Broken and battered furniture in the room.

The only bonus is that the room was big and spacious

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

the location was great very central, the breakfast was...
    • Classic Double Double

we ran out of toilet roll and had too ask reception twice, they still never brought any up.

the location was great very central, the breakfast was lovely and catered for my dietary needs

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Great location and plush hotel with huge beds.
    • Classic King Room

We spent 40 mins trying to find the parking. There is a completely different post code for the car park an you will not find it without exact details. They say they tell booking.com but you do not pass on to us. They gave us both a free drink as we were do frazzled. As on 7th floor and know city centre could not open windows and the air con was tricky to operate.

Brilliant breakfast. They do the toast for you. Great gym for a hotel. Friendly staff on reception. Right by Piccadilly railway station. The pillow covers were the softest and smoothest I have felt. Great thread count.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Brilliant location. Clean and friendly hotel. Perfect for families.
    • Classic Double Double

Strange set up for food in the bar/lounge area. You must go to bar and order food and drinks even though there are menus set on tables. Large enough area for guests but it's confusing that there's no table service in such a large hotel. Only one vegan option and we were a family of vegans so limited the amount of times eating there.

Reception staff and overall staff were friendly and welcoming. Would stay here again and would recommend to others.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Excellent bathroom with free toiletries, wide bed,...
    • Classic Double Double

No fridge (or minibar), no adapters for British sockets.

Excellent bathroom with free toiletries, wide bed, comfortable pillows, free wi-fi. Close to the central railway station, possible to leave luggage after checkout.

• Classic King Room

Room was really nice, comfortable bed. Great selection at breakfast. Stopped for anniversary and was welcomed in the room with a piece of cake each with happy anniversary message which was a lovely touch. Thank you

Disappointing Stay
    • Executive King Room

Reception staff directing us to outdoor entrance to spa when it wasn’t open. Bar confusing didn’t know if they came to take your order or if you had to go up. Weekends you had to go up and order??? Not enough staff in lounge area either. Lied to by spa receptionist Madhina about not supplying slippers and when I told her that they do as the sign on the door says to put your robe and slippers in the laundry area. She then said they had not had a delivery and has to telephone through to the hotel to get some. I had to walk back to the spa reception bare footed to collect slippers. Steam room was cold, no clock in changing room area to keep a check on time so you could go for your treatment. Robes were ridiculously massive. In the bedroom the toilet did not flush properly and there was only one robe??? General wear and tear all over, the bathroom sink and plug holes were quite dirty.

The room was spacious and only two receptionist were knowledgeable- Jordan and Clevesha. Spa treatments were excellent- facial and full body massage. Spa treatment staff were extremely knowledgeable. Cleaning crew were fab!

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

A good quality 4* hotel which is centrally situated.
    • Executive King Room

Think they could improve their menus and make it clear if anything is vegetarian. Found the bar and restaurant menu limited if you don't eat meat. But restaurant is a steak house so expected. However, would be nice if they had a more extensive menu and were able to cater for all tastes. If you like salads the only one available was a cesar salad - again found this very limiting.

Bedroom was executive. Comfy and all you would expect. Came with a Nespresso coffee machine but only three pods. Did ask for more and they were provided straight away. Liked that the bottled water was replenished each day and not chargeable. Only one set of towels in bathroom for two people but then found another set in a bag in wardrobe. Bed was comfortable and linen good quality. Iron and board and hair dryer provided. Plenty of toiletries in bathroom.

Enjoyable but too short
    • Classic Twin Room

A swimming pool. Breakfast is too expensive. I got good value for money as I got my room on offer but I don’t think I would pay the normal price.

Everything to be honest, friendly helpful staff, good food (evening meal), good check out times. Good location though unfortunately Piccadilly isn’t a great area.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

Excellent location, large room, very comfortable stay, highly recommended
    • Classic Twin Room

Nothing with stay itself. Only quibble was with advance reservation. I had booked with free cancellation & no pre-payment then later tried to phone to make advance payment (as I would be arriving later than my friend) but was unable to. Ended up cancelling and re-booking the room to then pay at the time of booking.

Superb location only 5 mins walk from Piccadilly rail station. On busy road but room was surprisingly quiet. Very generously sized twin room including seating area & coffee table. Huge bathroom with separate bath and shower. Toiletries & hairdryer provided along with kettle/drink sachets.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

Excellent Hotel
    • Classic Twin Room

Excellent location in between the city centre & O2 Apollo. Great value for money, friendly staff & really nice spacious room. Would definitely stay here again!

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

OK, comfortable, but not luxury
    • Accessible Double

I had a room for disabled, which is great they have these, it was much more inconvenient than usual for a tall person trying to brush teeth wash etc in the low small sink, without water splashing out and having to bend at an awkward angle. It was a large room so can’t see why a normal height and size sink couldn’t be installed as well, no space to put my toiletries except on the floor, and no bath tub.

Quick check in and out, very close to Piccadilly station, large room, sitting area.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Disappointed as far too expensive for what I got
    • Classic King Room

The bed wasn’t comfy. The desks etc had dust all over them. Very dirty room for that reason. Just felt so itchy and horrible due to the dust. Pretty much everywhere in the room

The bathroom was good

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Friendly staff and very courteous, rooms were spacious and...
    • Classic King Room

Seems like an old building but the soap dispensers were very old and unclean

Friendly staff and very courteous, rooms were spacious and very cosy, nice spacious bathroom with bathtubs

Lovely well presented rooms
    • Classic King Room

We was meant to be in a queen room and got given a double room. There should of been a complimentary bottle of water but had to wait almost a hour the next morning for room service to bring that and milk so I can have a cup of drink and some water. Fridge didn’t work

Lovely well presented rooms

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

The twin room was very large.
    • Classic King Room

There was a long queue to check out (needed to see the receptionist to get the car park code) as there were only 2 people working at peak check out time. The only decaf coffee came in cheap instant coffee sachets unlike the regular coffee.

The twin room was very large. The bathroom had a separate bath and double shower. There was a large choice for breakfast.

Excellent city sleeping spot
    • Classic King Room

Air con wouldn't fully turn off, was no plug sockets near the bed and the tv was quite far away from the bed

Excellent bathroom, style was very modern and the whole room was very comfy

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Bed very comfortable, room a good size.
    • Classic King Room

No info in room on how to contact reception or about facilities. Just tried zero & got through on 2nd try. No info on using WiFi, hunting for code when there wasn't one. 2nd set of towels in a bag in wardrobe couldn't find initially having to ask reception for more. No info offered at reception for booking dinner so still have no idea about what restaurants there were so we ate out. Some of the furniture in room looked a bit worn & hallway carpets taped in several places as worn. Ordered a Hendricks gin and tonic in bar no accompaniment (should be cucumber) in glass, yet wee cheap Irish bar down the road did. Expected a bit more.

Bed very comfortable, room a good size. Near station. Not too far from centre.

Comfortable but cleanliness was an issue- not a 4* experience
    • Classic Family Room

Cleanliness was very poor. Everything was dusty. I dropped a mascara and it rolled about 30cm under the bed- upon retrieving it discovered lots of rubbish including soiled tissues and cotton buds, drinks bottles and used chewing gum. When flagged to the manager the next morning she apologised and sent a cleaner to deep clean the room whilst we were out, but despite telling exactly where was not clean, the cleaner had just dusted and all the rubbish/gum was still under the bed. A quick phone call to reception resulted in a cleaner being sent to the room- which was embarrassing for us and humiliating for him having to point out the areas he had missed. All in all a bit of a hashed service and left me feeling like a bit of a diva- but it's basic cleanliness that should expect from any hotel- let alone a 4* chain such as MacDonald.

Spacious room with amazing bed and double sink in bathroom, shower and bath.

10/10
    • Classic King Room

The room was amazing. At the beginning I was doubtful as I had read some (only a few) bad reviews about cleanliness and the room not being ready. And this particular stay was a surprise for my partner and I had asked for rose petals on the bed, etc. So it was crucial it was ready. And it was perfect!!!

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Was not worth the price at all and most of the staff did not help with anything .
    • Panoramic Junior Suite

I paid a lot of money for a junior suite and the first room wasn’t cleaned and wS very dated. It took about an hour to move rooms but the room was not much better but a bit cleaner but no welcome gifts.

The location and the bed was ok

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Good but could be better.
    • Classic Twin Room

The hotel took £50 out of my bank account after checking in without telling me, after questioning, the payment is for “insurance”. Waited nearly an hour for toilet roll. Pillows are far too soft. Air con didn’t work in the room.

The bathroom is gorgeous. Good location. The spa thermal suites are perfect for relaxing. The rooms are spacious.

Lovely room but scammers
    • Classic King Room

Scammers, we paid £100 for our hotel room, we paid £50 cash and £50 on card, when we got home I later found we had been charged an extra £100 for our room. We paid £200 all in all so we paid double, contacted the hotel which took ages to get though to someone who said hey would have to ring me back and said we had only paid £100. Absolutely disgusting

Lovely hotel

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

The hotel was amazing, very clean, friendly staff that...
    • Classic Double Double

The hotel was amazing, very clean, friendly staff that couldn’t do enough for you. Excellent value for money, the breakfast was gorgeous. Great location ! I don’t have a bad word too say about this hotel - a must stay and we will be booking again x

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Friendly and helpful staff.
    • Executive King Room

One of the lifts out of order so had to wait quite a while. Not much decoration/personality in the decor.

Friendly and helpful staff. Breakfast had a good range of different options. Close to the station. Great view of the city.

Customer feedback.
    • Classic Double Double

1) Air conditioning stop during late hours at night. 2) No hygiene hose near toilet bowl.

1) Friendly staffs. 2) Clean environment. 3) Good service. 4) Good location. 5) Good food.

Dropping off to uni
    • Classic King Room

Parking at £20 was expensive , the spa/ thermal suite did not have everything working yet I was not told this before paying for it

Big bed , lovely to have a bath and shower

The room was fine apart from the amount of moths that ruined...

Above

The room was fine apart from the amount of moths that ruined my experience i killed over 20 small moths when i got in the room they got in my clothes bed all over curtains

Perfect base and excellent customer service
    • Classic Double Double

Only downside is no pool with the Spa. A small downside though

It is in a perfect location near the train station. Great for exploring Manchester City centre. The rooms are excellent, spacious and clean.

5.5
    Overpriced
    • Classic Double Double

No mini bar, room not very clean, toiletries not replenished not enough for 3 guests. Rooms in need of refurbishment. Car park expensive. Staff not very friendly. Lots of noise from outside

Good room size

4.5
    Should have complained about smoke smell
    • Classic Double Double

Arrived later than we expected. Kids weer tired after travelling in Car all day. Assigned Room 352. The whole building should be Smoke free, but it was clear when we headed along the corridor to our room that this is ignored by some guests. Our room was bright and tidy, but the smell of tobacco was really strong. The smell was everywhere. In the bathroom and main bedroom. Not much that can be done other than a deep clean of the carpets and walls, inside the room and out. Didnt complain after getting the room allocated as just wanted to get the kids somewhere to sleep. Did mention it on checkout so that they can get it resolved. Interestin that their website claims that its a 250.00 fee if caught smoking, yet the tags in the room say 100.00. This would make getting any fine difficult.Suggest they make it 500.00 and enforce it. Overall not worth the money

Bar Staff Friendly. Great attention to detail Great proximity to University

Nice room but not much else!
    • Classic King Room

The shower was not working. Something as fundamental as this should surely be checked regularly? Also fire alarm went off as we were getting ready in the morning - we were about to evacuate the room when it stopped again, so a false alarm, but would have been good to have had some sort of announcement. Reception area of hotel was quite shabby.

The room itself was lovely and spacious and the bed was very comfy. Great view out of the window.

The whole visit was exceptional.
    • Classic King Room

The whole visit was exceptional. Friendly, helpul staff, lovely cosy bed and the advantage of air conditioning if required. We ordered a pizza at silly O'Clock and it came with two bottles of lager as if we hadn't had enough already he he.

Good location and breakfast but not as clean or prepared as it should have been.
    • Classic Double Double

When we went to our room (4 guests 2 double beds) we were greeted with a very dusty room, lumpy duvets, unclean bar tray with glasses on - only noticed because we had a drink in the room as the trip was a celebration. We then moved rooms and the next one was quite similar although slightly better, but there were only 3 towels and 4 of us, and despite requesting more they weren't delivered; there were only 3 mugs for tea in the morning, again requested more and after the third attempt of the room service staff an extra one was delivered. Overall it just didn't live up to the expectation and cost of a Macdonald hotel, it was disappointing.

The room was ready when we arrived at 2pm, so it was good to check in immediately after a long drive. Breakfast was good in the morning and the Elemis products in the bathroom were a touch of luxury. Location was very close to the city centre.

Didn’t like having to wait in a small lobby area with not...
    • Classic King Room

Didn’t like having to wait in a small lobby area with not enough seating just to go into breakfast - it looked like a plane had been delayed, with people sitting on the floor just waiting for their number to be called so they could go into breakfast - not a good way to start a Sunday morning.

Close to the train station with five mins walk.
    • Classic Double Double

Close to the train station with five mins walk. Easy accessible . Our room for 4 people is ok with enough space. Breakfast is good and toast will be prepared as ordered.

Good apart from room service
    • Classic Twin Room

Disappointed with room service choice after midnight. Disappointed with breakfast in room, coffee cold, no sugar provided. Would have preferred cooked breakfast option.

Overated and disappointing.
    • Classic Family Room

Check in was from 3pm, arrived at 3.30 and didn’t get access to our room until 5pm because the room wasn’t ready. We waited in the reception/ bar area, and at 4.15 we’re offered a drink voucher which was appreciated as we had driven up from London! At 4.55 having not been updated, I enquired again at reception to be told “your room is ready”. The bathroom essentials consisted of 4 bottles of shampoo. There was a chambermaid on our floor and when I asked her for shower gel, she told me they had run out! There was no complimentary bottles of water and the inside of the wardrobe and compartments were really dusty. There were no wine glasses just two chunky highballs. The hotel seemed to be generally under staffed. There was always a long wait for everything - at reception, in the only restaurant etc. When I checked in I was asked if I wanted to pay in full for our stay upfront and said I would prefer to give my credit card details as security and pay on checkout as I wanted to keep my payment options open. However, when I enquired about checking out a day earlier than planned, I was told I had already paid in full and wouldn’t get a refund. These issues may seem trivial, but for the money we paid, and the rating of the hotel we expected better. We were staying at this hotel while we settled our daughter into Manchester University. She is doing a four year course, we live overseas and will be visiting often - we will not be staying at this hotel again!

Large room and bathroom, bright and A/C worked well. Convenient location for city centre.

Great location, nice room nut over priced
    • Classic Double Double

They charged £10 per person to use the spa which was nothing but 2 saunas, a steam room and an ice shower. Disgusting considering we paid almost £250 for a triple room foe one night. We had to wait 30 minutes after arriving in the breakfast hall for coffee, tea and toast.

The rooms were comfortable large and clean.

Great room, great staff!!
    • Classic King Room

For my room it was perfect. There was nothing I didn't like.

Room size was great, bed was very comfortable. Decor was lovely. My favourite bit was the separate shower and bath facilities. The bath was amazing and generous in size and so was the shower. You have tea and coffee making facilities and hair dryer provided. Good amount of storage and being on the 7th floor our view wasn't bad either over looking Manchester city. The window was huge and the curtains fitted well making sure they let no light in so no disturbed sleep. Rooms were quiet, never heard a thing.

Ideal for city centre
    • Classic King Room

The breakfast at the hotel. Bacon only cooked on one side raw on the other side. Sausages a bit leathery.

Its location close proximity to the railway station easy access to city centre

We loved Manchester
    • Classic Twin Room

Silly tea/coffee caddy inside a drawer. Dreadful hairdryer, dangerously hot.

Spacious rooms + bathroom. Excellent location : City centre + train station/airport easily accessible.

Enjoyed the stay but hotel could do with updating a little and modernising, great location

Breakfast queues

Queue for breakfast was crazy....not enough tables for the amount of guests and you were seated at a table and that was it, I was sticking out in the walkway and when I asked if we could move to the next table which was empty I was told no it was in use. No one used it for half an hour!!!! Would be nice also to have a bottle of water provided In The room, for the price of the hotel I would have expected this.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Great Stay
    • Classic King Room

Bit difficult to get to car park but that is due to streets of Manchester not the fault of Hotel

Ease of location, only costs £6 for taxi to Arena, very quiet so great night sleep & lovely food

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Quick check in, room big enough for 4, beautiful bathroom,...
    • Classic Double Double

The double beds weren’t big enough for two, the cracks in the shower had dirt coming off them as I was showering

Quick check in, room big enough for 4, beautiful bathroom, good breakfast, staff were pleasant.