Reviews of The Mandeville Hotel 4 stars

Mandeville Place, Westminster Borough, London, W1U 2BE, United Kingdom

#276 of 977 hotels in London

However, this time the air conditioning was so noisy! I turned it off but then the room was too hot.

I love the area this hotel is in! I’ve stayed there 3 times; always lovely!

• Deluxe Plus Double Room

liked everything

Everything was great, the location amazing, staff very polite and nice, my room was beautiful ! I had a great stay! Will book it again for sure :))

• Superior Twin Room

Location was fantastic, just a short walk from Oxford street and other local attractions. The staff where lovely and really helpful, from the moment we arrived we didn't have to lift a finger. They took our bags to our room so that they were waiting for us after a little exploring. I accident tore a £20 note in half and they immediately changed it for me. The lobby and lifts where quirky decorated, we loved the Paddington Bear themed lifts. It was a lovely stay for what we needed, it was a nice treat.

the breakfast is a bit boring. they serve traditional brittish dishes and they are of a good quality, but it never changes. it is my second visit to the mandeville and it was exactly the same menu from the previous time.

the location is awesome. really close to many attractions. near the hotel you have a lot of dinning options. some are pricey and exclusive and some are cheaper. the hotel itself is very comfortable and the stuff is very helpful. you also get some nice room service if you don't feel like going out to eat.

The restaurant (called Reform Social & Grill) would seem to be an upscale casual place, but The atmosphere seemed a bit stuffy; sort of too upscale/fomal for the food. The food tasted very good though

This hotel is a gem in the heart of Marylebone. Lots of restaurants, pubs, and cafes within walking distance. The staff were extremely helpful and the property was clean and a fun Paddington Bear-themed

• Deluxe Double Room

Housekeeping staff occasionally didn't finishing replenishing room supplies, necessitating followup calls from us.

The beds are soft, the bathroom is roomy. Staff is friendly and the concierge staff is extraordinarily helpful. The hotel is located in the middle of a shopping and eating area, with parks and public transportation nearby.

• Deluxe Double Room

The restaurant should be of a higher standard. Both the quality of the food and the service is below that of similar hotels in London.

Room was excellent. Location is superb.

Great Place, Great Location and if you are looking for something to do or anywhere to go , please ask Ian the concierge, he was very helpful during our stay.

• Superior Plus Room

One of lifts out of service so took a while to access the 8th floor (our floor) at busy times

Upgraded to a suite on arrive, plenty of space, large and comfy bed, staff really friendly, professional and welcoming.

• Deluxe Single Room

Everything was perfect except that I forgot a small mirror in the bathroom and it was not returned to me as I checked out of the room at 12.00 and came back to the hotel at 3.00 and no one said we found your mirror and we would like to return to you. This small gesture would have taken my stay to even greater level.

A great hotel in a fabulous location. The front desk staff who were mostly Italian were exceptionally friendly and accommodating. I arrived at 9.00am after a 20 hour flight from Australia and was told that my room would not be ready but in about 20 minutes the room was ready and I was able to check in early with no fuss. The room and all of the hotel was exceptional and I would highly recommend this hotel. Brilliant location.

Lobby furniture is outdated and worn out Housekeeping attempted to open room door a couple of times without being excused or properly knocking on the door

Amazing location

Rooms are well appointed & decor is good but having stayed a few times rooms are on the small side

Staff are brilliant from the moment you step inside to when you leave. Great bar & fantastic location in the heart if Mayfair

A bit pricier than we'd like; restaurant has expensive & overly complicated tariff

Always a comfortable & friendly place to stay. Rooms bigger than many central London hotels. Great location. Concierges always helpful & amazingly seem to remember repeat guests

Small room/bed, no complimentary water, one of the very slow lifts out of action but no sign, lack of friendliness from reception and breakfast staff, breakfast setup a little chaotic/unclear.

Location location location. Doormen / concierge we’re wonderful guys - extremely helpful and with smiles.

Room was too small, bathroom door didn't had lock, and there was a gap in the bathroom door which made using it very uncomfortable when other people are in the room

• Superior Plus Room

The breakfast buffet wasn't particularly inspiring but perfectly adequate.

This is a very good hotel in a prime location in London adjacent to Marylebone High Street and Marylebone Lane and a short walk to Oxford St and Bond St.

Room located right next to building site (other side of window) - had to close curtains for privacy. Lot of noise coming from jackhammer. Luckily it was a Friday afternoon, otherwise would have requested a move to front of building.

Staff very friendly and helpful - nothing was too much trouble

• Superior Plus Room

1. Room wasn’t ready when we arrived at 2pm - this is the second time this has happened at this hotel 2. Noisy room - could hear water / pipes running down wall next to bed when adjoining rooms were having a shower 3. Poor room service - ordered food to room which came without condiments. When we asked for ketchup deliverer said he would get but never came back 4. For the price (upgraded to superior plus room) I would have expected a separate shower cubicle - not a budget bathroom not big enough to swing a cat

Friendly porters Location

The Mandeville is a delightful property, conveniently located in Marylebone not far from the Bond Street tube stop. Great staff, charming décor, quiet, comfortable, and super clean facilities. Everything was fab! We didn't eat at the onsite restaurant as there are so many choices in the immediate vicinity, but great to have the decent coffee maker in-room.

No real facilities and lifts were bit of an issue especially at rush times. Moreover, we paid for an upgraded rooms, however one of the rooms was not spacious at all not even comparable to the other room.

The attention of staff and their general attitude to help-out was admirable. The location is excellent with easy access to transportation.

I was told I can have a dress steamed for an event alas they ended up telling me that they can’t do it within a couple of hours They did bring an iron and table quickly so I can have my dress ready for the event we came to town for.

Very nice location, and staff is friendly. We stayed a night so can’t really rate the property in detail.

i was overcharged by €40 and i still wait for explanation 3 weeks after. No sound insulation in room-was noisy. Room view was a a wall and a water tank; Ventilation system was noisy and could not warm the room. Used a portable heating radiator that was available!

Location is great. Staff very good in all terms. Quick reception.

• Superior Twin Room

If I could give 11 points, I would - absolutely perfect service from tip to top - from arriving until leaving. Rooms are clean and nice, enough space. Breakfast was lovely. Service in the bar was perfect - very helpful concierge - everything is superb, not speaking about the location, which makes this hotel even more fab.

The other rooms were very noisy and loud, and it was uncomfortable as it felt like there was no privacy. Also the heater was not working, and in a cold weather like this it should be a priority.

• Superior Twin Room

Having to pay £50 for two breakfasts. Extra for cappuccino and only a buffet breakfast for that which was adequate. At that price would have expected freshly cooked.

The location of the hotel. Comfort of room. Friendliness of staff. Also the very nice touch of pastries in the room as we were celebrating our wedding anniversary and my husband’s birthday. Thank you.

Great location. Very friendly staff and helpful. The beds were very comfortable and the room was very big. We were upgrated without a charge, baucaus i asked for a walk-in shower

• Superior Plus Room

Excellent location and excellent staff with good room facilities. All staff members are really helpful and professional. Great value for money. Breakfast is also good and restaurant incharge Tushar was really helpful and always tried to do things we requested for.

• Deluxe Single Room

Totally satisfied with every aspect of my stay. I am a lady pensioner with a health problem .I was having a break alone .I was made to feel totally confident any problem I might have would be dealt with swiftly ,in a friendly manner yet professionally .

• Superior Plus Room

No gym at the hotel, only one slow elevator to the floors, we had to cancel one room service order( cheese sandwiches) after waiting for 40 minutes .

Short walking distance to Oxford Street, surrounded by many restaurants and cafes, very clean rooms, coffee and tea machine in the room, large and comfortable bed, large bathroom with bathtub, kind personal.

• Deluxe Double Room

Lights in the deluxe room are all linked to one switch so cannot turn the bedside lamps on separately.

Staff were helpful and friendly. Hotel is what you would expect for a high end London hotel

• Superior Twin Room

The heating/a/c didn’t work the room was icy cold, it smelt of smoke (meant to be totally non-smoking). The duvets were thin. The toilet was very small.

The bed was comfy

• Superior Twin Room

Breakfast was disappointing. Had to wait a while for some of the items to be refilled. Room was quiet small. Wasn't value for money.

Staff at concierge and reception were excellent and very helpful. .

• Deluxe Double Room

We have to say that we found the bed to be rather on the firm side and the pillows far to soft and unsupportive.

All the staff that we met were very friendly and helpful. Our thanks to Carlos for getting us sorted with theatre tickets and excellent seats to see Matilda for the Sunday Matinee performance.

room was very very small and noisy. Walls paper thin. bathroom could barely fit one person at a time. Staff were lovely. location excellent

Staff were lovely. location was excellent. Breakfast excellent

Breakfast is every time excellent and varied. Staff is always welcoming with smile, courtesy and asking to be of help: the staff is truly the plus of this hotel. Location is perfectly placed at 5mins walk from Oxford street tube station, and close to shops and nice restaurants.

My room was on the first floor, so I had some noise from the street

Very nice Hotel, very friendly and helpful staff,excellent location and lovely room (nicer and bigger than other single rooms I've experienced).

Very limited space between closet and nightstand, so I even couldn't open the closet's door widely enough to hang my cloth. When I came to the breakfast twice at approximately 09.30 to 10.00, no eggs were available though they served English breakfast. Only after my request I was given immediately prepared omelette, while the cost of the breakfast is quite high.

Professional hairdryer, coffee machine, teapot with a variety of teas, comfortable bed and pillows.

Room too small.needs a large single bed instead of a double, whole experience would have been perfect if they do that

Location, bed, bedding, shower, service,tv, location, location

We had a pipe chase in a cupboard in our room. The noise if running water and squeaking pipes through the night hindered a good nights sleep. Overall sound insulation was non existent.We could hear the neighbouring guests in their wardrobe, hangers clattering and plugs being inserted and pulled from sockets.Despite our request for no alarm call a member of staff entered our locked room twice and when confronted they persisted in knocking our door a further two times.I mentioned it to the receptionist when checking out, she said she would pass this complaint to the relevant staff member.I said I would expect a response via email,I've heard nothing.We are not impressed.

The finishes and furnishings were of a high standard.The reception and information/ concierge staff were welcoming and helpful.

• Superior Plus Room

We've stayed at the Mandeville before and the staff have consistently made our stay very special. We will come here again the next time we are in London.

No issues.......

From the time we got there we was treated with a gentleman opening the door and staff well mannered and polite. Dealt with our bags and made us feel very welcome, I especially liked the handheld phone/tablet in the room that lets you look at locations and book tickets for shows... Hotel was lovely and in a great location would defo stay again

The room is a little smaller than I expected, considering the price. But the location makes it worth it!

The location is perfect! It's very close to Oxford street and to the metro. And I want to congratulate the staff - they were ALL very amazing, helpful and sweet. Totally recommend this place!

The heating system in my room did not work correctly and they had to put a small radiator in the room. It helped a little but was not enough sometimes. Rooms are not soundproof so if your “neightbors” are loud you will hear them.

Great staff. Very fast answer to all questions and requests. Room service was great and very fast. Laundry was delivered in less than fiur hours.

I had a service charge added to my bill on checkout even though I did not use room service or the restaurant. Very annoying and did not notice the charge till I was on my way home. We were a large group who did use the bar but paid cash (a lot) for our drinks. I've spoken with my group and we won't use the hotel again. It's important to note we stay here two years ago and had no additional charge on our bills, which is why we made the choice to stay there.

• Superior Plus Room

Sadly the pillows were not as comfortable as you would expect in an hotel of this class and we had to request bath robes which were listed as being included in the room rate but that is a small point and rectified quickly enough.

The location and value for money both excellent. The superior plus room is good size and nicely decorated and exceptionally clean.

The airconditioning was kinda loud and single glass windows could make it chilly in the winter (an additional heating unit is however foreseen in the room).

We very much appreciated staff friendliness and the warm welcome at the redeption or the lobby. Great location, nice and cozy room and nice bathroom facilities!

• Deluxe Double Room

Booked really last minute i.e. a couple of hours before arriving. Everything worked perfectly, staff at reception and room service very friendly and quality of food for room service very good. Nice size room not pokey like some central London hotels.

Can't fault anything! 😀

Lovely friendly staff. Very welcoming. Called before we arrived to say we were celebrating daughters 30th. On arrival room was decorated balloons and banners, cake & prosecco on ice . Lovely touch. Great room, spotless! Location is great, walked everywhere! Will definitely return. Highly recommended.

• Deluxe Single Room

Those stupid Tricycles late at night (anywhere in London) they should ban them from having boom boxes....

Stayed at this hotel multiple times before and it hasn't disappointed yet. Close to some great restaurants, coffee shops and shopping areas; and the Tube... The area of Marylebone is very very nice. Daunt Books just up the road and a fabulous Fromagerie. Comfortable and clean rooms. Great shower/bath. Street side rooms can be a little noisy with those ridiculously loud Tricycles and there is some construction in the area but this did not stop me getting a good nights sleep. Great staff - friendly and responsive!! Try just South of the Hotel - Ping Pong and Bone Daddy's, North - Ivy Cafe, Aubaine, Caldasis, all close-by, also Drunch a little further south of Oxford Street. Lamb and Flag is good too.

• Deluxe Single Room

I love the location and all the staff are wonderful!! Great restaurants close by, near tube..cool ambience! I stay here each time I travel to London for work or fun!

My stay was short

very cozy, perfect location, very friendly staff, and very knowledgeable and attentive concierge. Very close to Oxford street shops and other attractions.

• Deluxe Double Room

I was surprised there were no complementary water bottles. Usually hotels provide a minimum of one or 2 water bottles.

The colour the rooms was very nice and comfortable.

Nothing to say unlike 😌

Everything was great this is my 3rd stay in this hotel feels like in your home ، friendly staff complimentary late check out ❤️

The location is excellent. What can be better than a 5-minutes walk to the Bond Street tube station? The staff is very friendly. I enjoyed my stay there a lot.

Room far too hot, typical of all hotel rooms - doesn’t aid good sleep! Air con a bit noisy, a hook in v small bathroom to hang clothes while showering and dressing would be useful,

The staff were the differentiator really friendly and keen to help. Room smart stylish and clean. Great location, bar food was tasty.

Little bit noisy, but its central London. Breakfast included would have been good for the rate.

Lovely location - can't beat that for Central London. Room was small, but very comfortable. Staff were very friendly. A room on the quieter side of the hotel would have been ideal, especially as I had my daughter with me. Coffee was delicious. Highly recommend this charming hotel.

The room was very small, decor very dated, room dark and depressing. Our bed room twice the size we were literally trip over each other. Asked for a free upgrade was told we could have it for one night but would have to move to another room. Asked to move to a room that was bigger and only had a disable room which had more room except the bed was in the corner so not practical. Bed very firm not very comfortable. Staff very pleasant. Do feel for the rate we paid the room could have been much better. Cheaper hotels we've stayed were actually better quality. We wouldn't stay again.

Very central for tourist attractions

• Deluxe Single Room

breakfast price was too expensive. I believe with price they charge for the room, the breakfast must be included

location was perfectly at the center and quite close to metro station

We visit regularly and the welcome from the staff is always lovely - it's like returning home. The location between Oxford Street and Marylebone High Street is perfect.

• Executive Room

The washroom is a see through, with no lock and openings at the sides. This has to be known before booking since not everyone is comfortable with this esp with kids. Also when we checked out the process was not easy we had to call booking.com to allow us to do so.

The property was not clean and lacked some basic fixes and cleaning tasks in the room. For example the mini bar had mould inside and mound was also present on some of the bottles inside too.

The property was in a great location and staff were pleasant.

• Deluxe Single Room

great location. attentive and responsive staff. Steps away from oxford street if you want shopping short 5 min walk to Bond Street tube station. Plenty of nearby cafes and restaurants to choose from.

• Deluxe Double Room

Hotel allow me for upgrade for non refundable /non cancellable booking. I lost the hotel handy which changed at pound 200 but they do assist me to contact the public transport which I might fell out on the bus. The staffs is wonderful, girls pull the display car but they have presents in return

The bed could have been a little bigger.

It was our second visit to this hotel & they treated us like returning friends & left a ‘welcome back cake’ in our room. Very nice gesture! Love the location of this hotel, perfect for shopping & restaurants. Very nice staff at reception & concierge.

It was a bit noisy at night especially from street noises even though I was in 7th floor. Also noises from surrounding rooms could be heard. I think it can be fixed with a proper window glazing (2X or 3X glaze). Another issue was the lack of ventilation in corridors even though it’s a nonsmoking environment It still smelled like smoke in tbe corridors. Lastly, I felt the room decor was a bit outdated but was clean. I felt the value for money is not great.

Staff were very friendly. They offfered to empty the fridge/minibar in the room which was really helpful. Location is excellent just between James street & Marylebone High street; a lovely low profile street with multiple restaurants, cafes, shops, stores & supermarkets. It’s just a minute from James street which is also packed with mutiple different restaurants & cafes that are sure to please everyone’s taste & that are open until late. Also less 5 min to Oxford major stores Selfridges/Debenhams/John Lewis. Room was a bit small but bathroom was great in size with multifunction shower, toiletieres & multiple clean towels. The room multiple mirrors big comfortable bed with many pillows. Also had an Nespresso machine & a kettle with multiple tea selections

Terrible hotel, can't put in to words how awful my experience was. Requested that the manager call me the next day to resolve and they didn't bother. My room had clingfilm covering fire detectors, clattering heating system. Changed and next room was 15 degrees and no heating with drafty windows. I was told they don't normally put people there but as they were full it was the only option. So stay in a dangerous room or a freezing room?! Great service.

Awful

Room size is too small. Some equipments in the room is a bit old e.g. hair dryer

Location is very near to shopping street. All staffs are very helpful.

• Deluxe Double Room

Public rooms and restaurant choices limited nice entrance but no wowee factor. Gave the impression of a stopover hotel.

Comfy bed - very clean bathroom - designer room upgrade very interesting

The room was pretty tiny but that's expected in London. The TV was small too, like a hospital TV. The view from the room was a wall and a window. It does get pretty noisy from the street in the weekend. DO NOT RELY ON CONCIERGE, they lost my Amazon package (even though the guy signed receiving it, he kept denying.)

The staff were very friendly and the location was amazing. It was a 4 minute walk to Oxford Street and Selfridges and there is a Costa and a Pret within minutes from you. The lounge downstairs was nice too.

We had two rooms during our stay the twin room was newly renovated While the double room was not, mainly the bathroom...

The location was excellent and The staff was very freindly mainly Helena

• Superior Twin Room

The window in my room was substantially smaller than I'm accustomed to seeing in a hotel of this standing, but perhaps that's just London

Excellent central location, friendly and attentive staff. Cozy and intimate as opposed to grand and luxurious.

The view from my room was overlooking a side road that was filled with trash which was removed daily in the early morning so when I opened the window the noise and the exhaust of the trucks was not pleasant. So I kept the windows and curtains closed at all times not to ruin the cozy atmosphere of my room.

A great hotel and extremely friendly staff. Location is more than perfect....just a few steps from Oxford Street in the corner of Selfridges. Walking to park lane and Hyde Park is only 10 min. Spotless rooms and very very comfortable beds and bedding. Thank you and that’s where I will stay every time I visit London.

• Superior Plus Room

The buffet breakfast was terrible for the price. The bacon was cold and fatty, there were no mushrooms left, the beans were cold. This was still with 45 minutes of breakfast left. We waited 10-15 minutes for eggs from the kitchen. I also felt we were spoken too poorly by the breakfast staff because our breakfast upgrade didn’t show on their paperwork. They made us sign for breakfast (just in case, apparently) for £50!!! In all honesty, I wouldn’t have paid £5 for that breakfast. This was a real shame, because everything else about the hotel and our stay was fantastic.

The reception staff and concierge staff were very pleasant and friendly and a perfect welcome to the hotel. A great advertisement to anyone coming into the hotel, and as they say, first impressions last. The room was very nice and the bed was extremely comfortable. The bathroom facilities were good and the location worked perfectly for us and our plans whilst we enjoyed our stay in London.

Nothing to add.

The location of the hotel is excellent and within walking distance to all sites and shopping areas. The hotel staff is polite and always ready to help, really enjoyed my stay at the hotel. The signle standard room I was staying in, was comfortable and rather spacious beyond my expectation

Size of the room. It is quite small when there are 2 people in the double room

Location is perfect, all the needed amenities are within walking distance. Selfridges is just 3 minutes walk, bond street tube station is also about 5 minutes walk and you can get practically everywhere from there. Rooms are quite tiny but it is what you have to expect in Central London. Otherwise it’s clean and tidy, staff is helpful

Browse The Mandeville Hotel traveller photo gallery