Reviews of Manian Lodge 4 stars

Begelly, Kilgetty, Kilgetty, SA68 0XE, United Kingdom

#1 of 4 hotels in Kilgetty

• Family Suite (2 Adults + 2 Children)

What a little gem! The staff were so pleasant and helpful. The location was easy to find. The little apartment we stayed in was wonderful. With patio chairs and table outside. The view of the garden was so tranquil. Food was exceptional. All in all we will definitely be back next year.

• One-Bedroom Suite

Sofas in suite were a little small, would be better to have one larger one

Friendly staff, clean and tidy room , great decor, comfortable bed, excellent bathroom and shower, breakfast was perfect no greasy fry ups here

• Family Suite (2 Adults + 2 Children)

This isn't a criticism because for many people it wouldn't be a problem, but the provision of slopes/ramps would make access easier.

The staff went out of their way in a genuine and caring way to ensure that my elderly mother and I had all that we needed.

• One-Bedroom Suite

We stayed 4 nights here whilst we explored West Wales and it suited us perfectly. We had a nice quiet Suit - Bedroom + Bathroom+ large Lounge - with a great outlook over open fields. Suited us perfectly.

The gluten free breakfast turned out to be a vegetarian breakfast. Not quite the same thing. But a small mix up that I am used to.

The staff were willing and Freindly. The rooms were small but comfortable and the location was perfect for my stay.

The welcome was great, Tea and coffee in the room and also bottled water. Even had welsh cakes in the room. What more can i say. All the staff where excellent. Many thanks and have recommended to friends.

Could do with a little Tlc more so on the outside of building rather than inside which is fine.

The staff, the rooms, the food and the price. Thank you for a great stay.

nothing negative to say

I have stayed at the Manian Lodge before and I knew that I would have a comfortable stay the staff are lovely the food is always very good. the lodge is close to all attractions and 10 min drive from Tenby town.

The 'excellent' breakfast was severely lacking. I went for a veggie breakfast which was incredibly greasy. I also had to wait quite a while to check out, only to be told I could just leave the key on the desk (a note to this effect would be useful when there's no one to answer the reception bell).

We booked a room at a very reasonable price and turned up to find we were in a gorgeous suite. Staff made arrangements to accommodate our late arrival without impacting on staff's leaving times and were very friendly. Internet speeds were very fast, which was nice! Nice toiletries in the bathroom, too. Breakfast ran until quite late, which was great after a late night. The morning view from the rooms was lovely, too.

• Family Suite (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The menu choices and the external appearance of the grounds and buildings rather let the rest of the experience down. But we could live with that - simply for the fantastic shower!!

In terms of service, cleanliness and the friendliness of the management and staff, these cannot be faulted and far better than we could have hoped for. The food (especially the breakfasts, which were out of this world) was very good, but, despite there being a lengthy choice, seeing the same dishes on the menu every night rather spoiled the 'homemade' touch. Two or three nightly 'specials' would help. The premises themselves are still a work in progress, and I just hope the owners can keep their heads above water and make the 12 years they have already expended on their business really pay off

We arrived at manian quite late as we had cycled the Carten100 and we were informed that we were upgraded from a double room to a suite! This kinda stuff never happens to us so was a nice surprise! The suite was beautiful and the views out the back were fantastic! The bed was super comfy and the brekkie the next morning was beautiful!!

• One-Bedroom Suite

Handy location between Saundersfoot and Tenby. Nice, comfortable apartment overlooking open fields. Restaurant and lounge is a tad "dated" but food was excellent!

• Family Suite (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The food was excellent, but there is no air conditioner in the restaurant and our clothes were smell really horrible after that...

It is very close distance to the attractions we want to visit

• One-Bedroom Suite

Stayed in a suite with separate bedroom and lounge. Lovely view out of French door over countryside. Excellent breakfast. No problem in recommending.

This is an excellent hotel which I would not hesitate to recommend to others. The owners and staff really do go out of their way to make you feel welcome and nothing is too much trouble for them.

It was perfect for me!

A smiling face from reception. Very sweet and helpful. The lovely pillows and quilt...The view from the back onto the fields and views and some sheep! Breakfast was great and catered for vegetarian needs. Highly recommended! I certainly would go back.

Owner was very helpful and such a lovely lady, room was fabulous, clean and cosy and the food was delicious. Really enjoyed our stay and would recommend.

• One-Bedroom Suite

Maybe 1 more beer on tap :)

Great breakfast, cooked for you rather than buffet. Dinner was delicious, great selection. Really friendly staff, helpful and happy to do a bit extra to make the customer happy. Some of the rooms are large with a nice view out the back. Would 100% be staying here if I was back in the area.

• One-Bedroom Suite

The place itself looked tired and in need of a revamp. We could hear the couple who stayed in the suite above walking around and talking, so noise was an issue. It wasn't as if they were rowdy, they were just going about their business in their suite.

No problem with parking, plenty of spaces available. The suite was clean and well presented. The owner was very pleasant when we checked out.

• Family Suite (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Very loose and squeaky floorboards throughout room, wouldn't want to be in a ground floor room. Handels on doors loose. Door closer on lounge door too strong. All easily fixable am sure.

Location, staff and food. Modern rooms.

• One-Bedroom Suite

Only very small gripe was the breakfast room filling with smoke and the smell of cooking that you can’t get off your clothes all day

Booked a suite and it was great, lovey comfy bed and the breakfast was amazing

• One-Bedroom Suite

Very friendly, lovely room with amazing views and great food! I will definitely be back and can only imagine it's much nicer in the summer. One of the nicest guest houses I have ever stayed in and will definitely recommenced to others

The bed was comfortable, so we've slept well. A really nice view from the living room. Really nice people and wen've enjoyed a big and yummy breakfast.

• One-Bedroom Suite

Stayed in a suite which gives you a separate room to relax in - excellent after a busy day sight seeing and shopping. View across fields from patio doors. A super cooked breakfast.

It was a little slow to get seen at reception, but I did arrive after 9pm.

Room was cosy and warm with lots of tea/coffee, tasty Welsh cakes & chocolates on towels. Complimentary toiletries and electric shower were all good. Breakfast was delicious and big variety to choose from.

• One-Bedroom Suite

At this price we could not criticize anything

The suite we booked had plenty of space for us to relax in the evening. It was ideal for our winter break and exceptional value for money. We were very happy and pleased with everything.

NOTHING REALLY, I WOULD RATE MANIAN LODGE AN EXCELLENT 3* ACCOMMODATION AND WILL DEFINITELY RECOMMEND AND RETURN.

SUPER CLEAN ROOM, FABULOUS VIEW ACROSS THE FIELDS, AMAZING NON-GREASY COOKED BREAKFAST. LOVELY PROPRIETORS AND STAFF, VERY FRIENDLY AND HELPFUL. SUPERB!

• One-Bedroom Suite

Prefer to have a bath in a room but having said that the shower we had was amazing. You can't really walk into a village in the evening or to the beach in the day. So transport is required really.

Location is near saundersfoot and Tenby. Also near folly farm and Oakwood. The suite we stayed in was lovely. Had a seperate sitting room with great views. Bed was really comfy. Very peaceful surroundings. Great breakfast and staff service

Bed comfortable. Excellent value for money. Not luxury but clean, comfortable, modern. Perfect as we were attending a wedding close by and wanted nice accommodation.breakfast was ample with cold and warm options.

• Family Suite (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Camp bed was a bit arkward to erect as we had never used one before the mattress was a little soft for our backs but it is what it is

The manian is very well run everyone is most friendly, it is ideal for a short stay, we were with 2 grandkids and it was ideal with a separate bed room for them, and well placed for Folly farm I would recommend the lodge to anyone.

The welcome from Julie was warm and the staff were so helpful, a really lovely team. Dinner on Saturday was very good and they made up a small supper, as requested, for us on the Sunday that was just perfect! Thank you Manian Lodge for a most enjoyable weekend.

Nothing could have been better our stay was perfect from start to finish!

Lovely family run hotel. Staff were friendly and very helpful. Definately reccomend this hotel and can't wait to return. Good location and value for money!

• One-Bedroom Suite

I opted for scrambled eggs and was given just one egg scrambled on toast - if I had had a full welsh I would have had a substantial breakfast. beware a large pot hole as you enter the car park which has very steep entry and exit

separate room with a view and the instant ability to warm the suite

• One-Bedroom Suite

Genuinely a beautiful place to stay. The suite was lovely with excellent views, the staff were lovely especially Maria and the restaurant food was excellent! Will definately be staying again soon

The toilet didn't flush straight away you had to push the handle a few times, first. Miner thing but worth a mention

It was great to have a restaurant on site and a comfortable place to sit and relax.

Just a little word of advice - do be careful when pulling out of the very steep driveway onto the main road. Unfortunately I misjudged my turning angle due to the steepness, and a vehicle coming in the opposite direction had to swerve a little to avoid me. So, sorry to that driver, I promise I was more careful the next time!

It's hard to tear yourself away from a place when it's as warm, friendly and inviting as Manian Lodge. From the moment I walked into the bright, sunny reception and saw the comfortable lounge and bar area, I knew I was going to enjoy the couple of days I spent here. I had a room rather than a suite, which was small but perfectly comfortable, with a double bed, a chair, TV etc.. The little touches like a chocolate on the bed, local bottled water and a fresh packet of Welsh Cakes left in the room each day really made a difference - not something I would have even expected for the price I paid. Then of course there's the excellent breakfast, with plenty of choice, and well cooked. However, the thing that did disappoint me was that due to bad weather on my last day I decided to have an evening meal at the Lodge - it's certainly not the meal that disappointed, but the fact that I hadn't chosen to eat there the previous night as well!! If you do decide to eat dinner there, make sure you've only had a light lunch - you need to sit down hungry because you will certainly leave full up! Personally I can recommend the beef curry - I just wish now that I could have asked for some to bring home!

• One-Bedroom Suite

Stayed for ironman Wales event our son was completing, staff were superb made us feel very welcome and very helpful with advice on transport etc. Would love to return again.

• Family Suite (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The beds need new mattresses and the springs are gone and i now suffer with a bad back it could also with with a clean and outside needs a lot of work done

The breakfast was nice

Parking dedicated to Manian Lodge - however when I returned to the lodge later that evening it was so dark and the car park was not lit up...had to use my phone torch to guide my way from the bottom part of the car park to the lodge entrance.

Attended a conference in Saundersfoot and so chose Manian Lodge for its location - about 10mins from Saundersfoot. Friendly staff, clean room. Unfortunately the wifi did not connect for me, but as I was only staying for one night I did not ask the staff regrarding this (though I'm sure they would have been accommodating to any problems). Breakfast had a large selection of choice and hot food prepared fresh.

• One-Bedroom Suite

Sink in the bathroom was a bit small. First the towels were changed on the second day, but then they weren't chnged for 3 days, which would have been ok, had they not been mixed up (including bath mat) during cleaning process.

Delicious cooked breakfast served with a smile. Great choice for breakfast. We had a suite and it was great to have an extra sitting room.

There is a fair bit of road noise with the windows open but closing them (even though it was a warm night) helped.

Overall, excellent with very friendly staff, excellent food and comfortable room.

• One-Bedroom Suite

Would not stay in the suites again as had small children above ....the noise above was horrendous although landlady asked them to keep noise down it spoilt our stay. If i went back would stay in the b&b accommodation.

Food was excellent staff were really friendly and would go back.

• One-Bedroom Suite

Bed mattress was very poor and made for an uncomfortable couple of nights. Not quite sure why other reviews rate it so highly.

Separate living area in suite was good.

The hotel is a 30/40 minute drive from Tenby which is where we were visiting. Our room was small and the floor sloped a little. The window was very low and the view outside was of a flat roof. The shower was hard to regulate and the hand held attachment kept slipping. It was a long walk on a main road to a co-op and not many other places to get food.

The staff were courteous and polite. The room was clean and tidy. The breakfast was adequate and had hot and cold dishes. There is a bus which passes the hotel on the main road at the front. there was free parking on site.

Going home !

The whole place is fabulous, from the moment we were greeted by Julie one of the owners late on Saturday night at reception , we were treated like 'family' nothing was too much trouble and the food was fabulous. We even ate in the dinning room although they had nearly finished serving dinner.

• One-Bedroom Suite

In need of maintenance, and better cleaning. Walls are thin. Breakfast is below average.

Having a living room is great. Good view & location. Good WiFi

• Family Suite (2 Adults + 2 Children)

We had a lovely stay, the place was very clean. The staff were very friendly. I had forgotten to stay that we do not eat meat and was told there was no problem as they did a veggy breakfast. Will deafently go back to stay again.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

• Family Suite (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Only thing that let the room down was a Very uncomfortable sofa bed that squeaked every time to you moved, and if your looking for an evening meal you need to book in advance specially after a long day out at folly family with the kids. But there is a very nice pub 5mins car ride away

Stayed here with my family for one night after visiting folly farm only 600yards down the road with a great view over the fields from your room, single beds are nice and comfortable, breakfast was a good standard with a choice of everything from yogurts, fruit, cereal to full cooked breakfast, over all not a 4star but defo a good 3star.

• One-Bedroom Suite

Dinner. Not much choice. A bit dull foodwise. Probably because it was Sunday evening...

Location was scenic. The little hamlet worth the visit. The inn itself very pretty.

• Family Suite (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Sofa bed was not very comfortable and I had to make it myself despite my booking being for 4 people and the property knew we would not check in until after 10pm.

Family suites nice and quiet.

• One-Bedroom Suite

Really enjoyed having a separate sitting room rather than being confined to a bedroom. Level of service in the restaurant was excellent. And we ate in twice and food was very good.

• One-Bedroom Suite

The exit from the car park - practice your hill starts before going!!!

We could not have had a warmer welcome, the place well located and equipped, and the staff were wonderful. The menu was extensive, the food beautifully prepared and the whole place exuded a warm atmosphere. Really great place.

• Family Suite (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The steps to get to the lodge

Friendly,accommodating staff Excellent breakfast - extremely homely wth fantastic views of West Wales Location excellent for nearby children's theme parks - would highly recommend to family & friends

• One-Bedroom Suite

Only small problem was the parking, only just enough to space - providing everyone parked sensibly. On the one time we could not park , the proprietor came straight out to see us and offered parking in their own are, around the back of the building, and she was keen to let us now she is addressing the situation this winter, and re-laying carpark.

The Suite was lovely, and just as the description - overlooking countryside , peaceful, lovely sitting room, tea and coffe and bottled water supplied, and replaced daily. The. Breakfasts see excellent - best bacon ever! Certainly will visit again and thoroughly recommend to couples. Proprietor very welcoming. And helpful

• One-Bedroom Suite

We struggled with the steps up to our room as we both have health problems with our back.

Everything was just fine and the staff were very friendly and helpful. Nothing was too much trouble

Parking was tight but the hotel was full.

Large suites suitable for families with young children, excellent facilities and very spacious. Very friendly staff! And a wonderful welsh cooked breakfast.

• Family Suite (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Would be better if the balcony areas were separated for each room.

Location excellent for Saundersfoot and Folly farm. Great to have the living area in the family suite.

Long walk to village as steap hill coming back, but worth it.

Breakfast and evening meal first class, good choice of wine and food. Staff excellent hosts great got us breakfast early as we had to get home to pick up our dog. Would stay again.

absolutely nothing

well i have to say the views from our suite over the fields were wonderful and the food well i haven't had food of this quality for ages wow do not go out to eat you will miss out on a great meal

• Family Suite (2 Adults + 2 Children)

No soundproofing. We could hear everything next door as well as below us. No sleep due to babies and children (not our own) and fighting grown ups (not us!!). Spiders in corners of room and webs. We had to sleep on a pull out couch that was lumpy and uncomfortable (family room). The curtains are thin and therefore do nothing for morning sun. Our coffee was not replenished for our second day even though the room was tidied :(. Small things go a long way....

The restaurant serves nice food but it is a limited menu. Good breakfast. The view from the room was nice. The front room in the family suite was very good for our two children and gave us privacy. Friendly staff.

• One-Bedroom Suite

The suite accommodation was very comfortable with an open aspect to the rear via patio doors. Two comfy settee's with flat screen TV and DVD player made for a very comfortable and relaxing break. The breakfast was superb. We chose to dine at this hotel every evening and found the choice of food and quality to be excellent and good value for money. All the staff were very friendly and helpful.

Modern clean rooms, great staff, bar to relax and unwind on an evening. Breakfast great choices and good full English with plenty of toast and tea or coffee. V good value for money. Would stay again.

Staff extremely helpful and polite. Lovely atmosphere and rooms of high standard with lovely view. Food excellent. Thank you. Will be recommending to anyone travelling to the area.

We loved it all!

This was a repeat visit as they were such good hosts to a family with small children previously! Even bringing our full bar meal straight up to our family suite, extra quietly so they didn't wake the little ones! Very impressed and will return again.

• One-Bedroom Suite

Only negative, stayed three night, it would have been nice to have a change of towels (did place towel on floor, but not replaced).

Very nice place, booked a suite with a balcony with lovely views. Breakfast was very very good, and food in the evening excellent. Landlady and staff were very friendly and accommodating.

• Family Suite (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Just a small niggle...we stayed on a ground floor suite and could hear other guests moving around upstairs due to thin floor boards.

I stayed with my partner and 5 year old daughter for 2 nightsThe location is prime for access to folly farm, tenby town, saundersfoot and pembrokeshire. We stayed in a family suite in the lodge bit. Very clean and well equipped. Opened patiodoors to stunning views of the countryside. Suite was perfect space for me and family. It contained 1 bedroom, bathroom and a living room/sleeping area with sofa bed. Breakfast was very tasty with variety to choose from. We had one evening meal which was excellent. Small but good selection menu. Staff very friendly too. I would like to say a big thank you to Sarah who was very accommodating. We will definitely be returning in the future and would recommend this place to friends and family.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Dining room tables a bit cramped

Excellent friendly service from proprietor and small staff. Dining-in recommended with cleverly chosen menu for wide variety, all freshly cooked to order.

• One-Bedroom Suite

Nothing, the owners and staff work hard to keep up a very good standard

Most impressed with the suites on offer Great choice for breakfast and served hot Restaurant had a good choice and very well priced, great cooking also Good gardens to sit in with a drink Great prices Staff were great nothing too much bother and always helpful

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

• One-Bedroom Suite

We have no complaints at all and hope to visit again next year.

We visit Manian Lodge every year and we are never disappointed. Staff are friendly and the food is great. This year we booked a suite rather than a room and enjoyed the extra space and wonderful view from the balcony.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

Room smaller then expected ..shower room small and a little dated..more for families then a romantic break

Staff wonderfull ..breakfast gorgeous..on site meals.parking easy..loverlt well stocked bar.bed comfortable..good for families

• One-Bedroom Suite

No-thing could be better. Lodge room 2 was great, and we overlooked fields.

Food was plenty. Could not eat all of the evening meal, so much of it. Changed one night to childrens menu. Another night did soup and pudding only.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

• One-Bedroom Suite

The weather could have been a lot better but this has nothing to do with the Manian Lodge which I would highly recommend.

We liked the fact that we had a lovely lounge to relax in with big tv and lovely view of countryside.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

• One-Bedroom Suite

Outside suite very comfortable,tv in bedroom as well as lounge,also great view from lounge patio doors which you can open to sit on balcony. Bathroom good,extra large shower cubicle,maybe could do with extra shelving but not a great problem. If at all disabled be sure to book ground floor lodge. Staff were very helpful and we would go there again.

• Family Suite (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Family room lacked long mirror.

Fab location. Great family room. Food was excellent value. In fact too much food. Breakfast was great. Chilled out lounge area.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

The bed was comfortable, the room clean and well presented. The welsh cakes and chocolate were a lovely little touch to an already brilliant room. Breakfast was delicious and available at a good time.