Reviews of The Mardonia

4-6 Crystal Road, Blackpool, FY1 6BS, United Kingdom

#92 of 379 B&Bs and Inns in Blackpool

9.7

• Reviewed: 16 October 2018

friendly owners very helpful and clean warm place.
    • Twin Room - First Floor

enjoyed the facility's but when booked it did not realise it was stairs as my partner is disabled .

friendly owners very helpful and clean warm place.

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

Excllent hotel with a friendly welcome
    • Standard Double Room - Second Floor

Nothing negative really to say

I was allowed to check in early as my room was prepared when I arrived, which was excellent as this allowed me more time to enjoy Blackpool. The hosts were very friendly, and welcoming. Rooms had everything I needed and was very comfortable. Breakfast was superb and filled me up a treat. Rate this place very highly indeed

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Very clean and warm and nothing was too much trouble for the...
    • Family Room - Second Floor (2 Adults + 1 Child)

There wasn’t anything to dislike

Very clean and warm and nothing was too much trouble for the hosts highly recommend this hotel to anyone we will definitely be returning

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Owner friendly and welcoming, clean, good breakfast. Definitely recommended.
    • Twin Room - First Floor

No negatives I can think of except the front of the hotel may need a coat of paint.

Breakfast was superb and huge! I was found a parking space on the road by the owner who pulled in to it to enable me to get my car from the car park where i had previously parked it.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Lovely stay with everything we needed close by.

The room was lovely, clean and had everything we needed. The breakfast was fabulous, well cooked and the owners were very friendly and welcoming. Location was exactly what we needed, close to tram stop and sea.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Great time Davy said thanks forgetting the famous grouse in for him a big thanks for a great time
    • Standard Double Room - First Floor

We have no complaints about our stay with you.a big thank

Our stay at your bed &brekfast was great had a great couple of days breakfast was cooked the way I liked it room was good bed really comfortable.We

Everything else.
    • Family Room - Second Floor (2 Adults + 1 Child)

A little walk ( 2 mins) to car park but can't hold that over owners.

Everything else. Lovely couple, very central, very clean, quiet, helpful, reasonably priced, the little bar. Everything. Thank you for everything both of you.

Blackpool stay.
    • Standard Double Room - First Floor

Excellent customer service and very friendly happy atmosphere. Rooms are very nice and very comfortable! Breakfast is Excellent. Would definitely recommend and return.

Very lovely and Romantic.
    • Twin Room - First Floor

The Payment should be handled better by the property in future.

I enjoyed the two night stay I had with my partner at The Mardonia. It was the best place to surprise my partner for a romantic weekend in Blackpool. I was so happy when I entered the room which was full of birthday Banners and lovely balloons with hearts on them on the bed all in a different shade of pink. Even-though we only had time to book a twin room instead of a double bed, it was still very comfy and fancy. I'd definitely recommend this to anyone who'd enjoy a romantic stay in Blackpool!

Will definitely stay here again
    • Superior Double Room - First Floor

Everything,lovely clean room, breakfast good,friendly hosts and easy access to all amenities,this was our third time of staying here and would recommend the Mardonia

Location was perfect for the pleasure beach and the tower.
    • Standard Double Room - First Floor

Shower could have been a bit better but did the job.

Location was perfect for the pleasure beach and the tower. Right by the promenade with a tram stop just down the road and parking local

Great stay at a strategic location for family travellers
    • Family Room Second Floor (2 Adults + 2 Children)

We got a large family room on the second floor. We asked for the wifi password, and being told that we would be struggled to get connected. And it did, the wifi was poor in the room.

The beds are comfy, the room is clean and tidy, and the area is strategic (close to the church, convenience stores, and the beach; but not as busy as the promenade). The hosts are friendly and helpful.

Best weekend away
    • Standard Double Room - Second Floor

No wifi (but spent most of our time out anyway)

We came for our anniversary and it was amazing, the owners are lovely and friendly and are never too far to ask questions. Its right between the pleasure beach and the tower so everything is near by. The room was lovely big enough for the two of us with a tv and lots of storage room. The bed was remade by staff everyday so when we came back it was lovely and clean. The breakfast were freshly made and grant remembered our order which made us feel very valued. There was enough room between the hotel rooms so that you didnt feel as thou you were invading someone elses space. Overall the hotel was gorgeous and we will be back again :)

Fantastic two night stay. Made our weekend!
    • Superior Double Room - First Floor

We were staying for our anniversary and were greeted by balloons, banners and a lovely card from the owners.. fabulous little touches that made our stay extra special. Will definately stay here again. Thankyou Mardonia

Will defo be back and will recommend friends. Also its located between the tower and pleasure beach!
    • Premier Double Room - First Floor

My heart did drop when there beautiful shower didnt work but the owner is also an electrician - so he totally saved the day and i got my shower :)

Friendly and welcoming staff

I (and my friends) very much enjoyed my (our) stay and would go there in the future.

I had a little difficulty in contacting staff on the Saturday morning, I had to phone the hotel on my mobile FROM the hotel.

The beds were very comfy The Breakfasts were very good and the options to have vegetarian were very good as well

Great place something for every1
    • Family Room - Second Floor (2 Adults + 1 Child)

The only thing to fault my stay was the weather but didn’t stop us doing anything

I enjoyed my stay at the Maridonia was a plesent couple of days staff were very helpful and really looked after there guests

Nice b&b clean and comfy good breakfast .
    • Family Room - Second Floor (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Everthing was fine although i didnt know i had only booked room only so we wasnt able to have breakfast sat as the owner had already set up but sunday we were able too.

A Gem on Crystal Road
    • Premier Double Room - First Floor

Great location just off the front near South Pier. Handy for trams. We booked a premier double room and could not have got any more premier than this room. The bed was comfy. Lovely decor. Good amenities with kettle, coffee tea etc and tv. However the en suite shower room and toilet was out of this world. Apart from the fantastic room, we had fantastic hosts. Maria and Grant were sooooo hospitable and smiled throughout even though one guest was quite rude to them on a few occasions. But we found out the rude guest couldn't get their usual guest house so threw the dummy out the pram n poor Maria n Grant copped it. A lovely family atmosphere and when guests stayed for drinks at the Mardonia's wee bar, our hosts were there to chat to all n have a laugh. Then there was breakfast which I could not fault. Well cooked and fresh. Our hosts apologised before hand if you had to wait for your freshly cooked breakfast but 1. It was well worth it and 2. You really didn't have to wait. All in all we had a fabulous stay and will book again for next year. We spoke to other guests who are doing likewise. Well done Maria and Grant for a fab stay and for putting up with a moaning minny amongst it all. See you guys soon.

A must !
    • Premier Double Room - First Floor

Very, very comfortable. Delicious freshly cooked breakfasts. Friendly helpful and polite staff. Modern and very clean rooms. Excellent value for money. Home from home☺

Practically perfect in every way.

Everything was fab!

Breakfast was amazing, staff were so welcoming and friendly. Very helpful also. Hotel was close to alot of attractions. It was quiet but still had a lovely atmosphere. Twin room was beautiful. Amazing shower. Beds were also really comfy. Would absolutely return. Excellent value for money aswell.

A great sleep in a spacious clean family room. Great full English!
    • Family Room Second Floor (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Street itself didn't look very appealing. The Mardonia itself looked welcoming but the buildings either side did not!

Very spacious family room. Beds very comfy with crisp clean white bed sheets. Nice spacious en suite.

A cheap cheerful clean hospitable hotel great for a wee getaway.
    • Standard Double Room - Second Floor

The owners were very hospitable warm and friendly. The breakfast was excellent, had the full English one morning then poached eggs and mushroom on toast.they are only too happy to help, good local knowledge.

Excellent value for money. Would not hesitate to stay here again in the future.
    • Family Room - Second Floor (2 Adults + 1 Child)

There was free WiFi in the hotel, but unfortunately we were on the top floor and we couldn't access the WiFi from there. Having our grandchild with us, it would of been handy to have use of this to entertain her when we were back at the hotel. Apart from this, top marks for this establishment.

The hotel was very clean and we had a very comfortable modern bedroom. The breakfast was extremely good, freshly cooked and well worth the money. The hosts were friendly and we very much liked the location of the hotel as it was easy walking distance to the Pleasure Beach.

Excellent. Had a fabulous time we will definitely be booking again soon.
    • Family Room - Second Floor (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Fabulous hosts very helpful and friendly, perfect location close to the beach, Pleasure Beach and Tower. Excellent breakfast and very clean and comfortable rooms.

gem of a hotel. 5 star for 3 star prices
    • Standard Double Room - First Floor

nothing. everything was spot on

excellent hotel with all facilities. owners couldn't do enough for us very very friendly and helpful. small bar but very reasonable. giant breakfast. will stay again without doubt

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Great weekend in Blackpool
    • Standard Double Room - First Floor

Little further from area of Blackpool that I'd planned to book but that was down to me.

Comfortable bed and very quiet location.Really clean and modern decorooms.

3 night stay over easter
    • Standard Double Room - First Floor

excellent location, the couple who run the hotel were lovely very chatty and atentive and made us feel very welcome. The hotel offers standard and superior rooms which is good to suite anyone's budget we stayed in the standard room for 2 nights and a superior room for one night as we decided to stay an extra night. Both rooms were spotless and had everything you need. Excellent stay ... thank you xx

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

Ok
    • Standard Double Room - First Floor

Shower didn't work and the manager refused to move us room when the hotel was empty, he made us use another shower in another room which was on another level

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

Absolute perfection
    • Standard Double Room - First Floor

There was nothing we didn't like the hotel and room was more than expected!

Best nights sleep we've ever had the hotel was lovely and the staff amazing! Would most definitely stay here again. The room and ensuite was immaculate, the Mardonia is in the best location it's about a ten minute stroll to south and central pier.

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

Top hotel, amazing breakfast and hospitality like no other
    • Standard Double Room - First Floor

Absolutely amazing hotel for the price especially. Breakfast for 6 quid a head is worth every penny and the room, although I booked a standard double was a lovely room, would love to see what the superior rooms are like. The hospitality was top notch, some of the nicest people I have met. I would recommend this hotel and will definitely be staying there agai n.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

Me and my boyfriend are just back from Blackpool today,...
    • Standard Double Room - Second Floor

Me and my boyfriend are just back from Blackpool today, stayed in this lovely hotel with two fantastic hosts Grant and Maria. Very welcoming and friendly. This hotel is in the middle of central and south pier. Very handy and very close to the pier. Rooms are lovely and very clean. Breakfast is cooked fresh. I loved it and would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

Fantastic

Not a thing.

We loved our stay so much. We moved on for our next 2 night stay and went to the Lake District, we arrived and took one look at our room and come all the way back for another 2 nights. The couple who run it was so fantastic and made a room available for us. The place was fantastic clean, friendly and a lot more. Please if your going to Blackpool try them out.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

value for money, good location, cheap bar
    • Standard Double Room - First Floor

not allowed to eat or drink in your rooms, eating thing I can understand but having a night cap in your room is quite normal and would have preferred to know before our stay. Also the landlady does like to watch you and isn't shy about telling you

Location was good, the owners were friendly

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

A wet weekend in Blackpool
    • Standard Double Room - First Floor

Happy friendly welcome. We added breakfast which was a great move as it was first class. Would definitely go back in the future

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

15 min walk to most places.
    • Standard Double Room - Second Floor

15 min walk to most places. Clean hotel. Staff very friendly, helpful & accommodating.

Happy happy holiday makers
    • Standard Double Room - First Floor

Staff were lovely and friendly, beds nice and comfy, breakfast was fab and location excellent .. couldn’t have asked for more :)

I was like everything.
    • Family Room - Second Floor (2 Adults + 1 Child)

I was like everything..Everything were very nice and very good.

Fab , jolly and lots of good memories

Not applicable

The weather!

The weather!

Staff every nice and helpful was very relaxed and quiet

Staff every nice and helpful was very relaxed and quiet

Friendly welcoming would definitely stay again

A fan in room

Comfy bed excellent breakfast

Was close to the front

Was close to the front

Very welcoming.. would revisit
    • Premier Double Room - First Floor

Lovely experience the owner was lovely very welcoming we had the premiere room.. comfy bed and pillows and a very big shower toilet connected

Nicely decorated rooms.
    • Standard Double Room - First Floor

Nicely decorated rooms. Owners were very friendly. Breakfast was great.

Fantastic B&B, thanks for a lovely stay!
    • Superior Double Room - First Floor

Fantastic B&B, thanks for a lovely stay!

Fantastic desighn
    • Superior Double Room - First Floor

Nothing everything was spot on 😀

We had a fantastic time everything was 100% we will be visiting again 😀

Staff were very friendly, rooms were clean and comfortable.

Staff were very friendly, rooms were clean and comfortable. Breakfast was cooked fresh.

very clean.
    • Family Room - Second Floor (2 Adults + 1 Child)

very clean. location very good. grant maria very friendly nice breakfast

Provided everything I needed

The complete package

Very nice, friendly staff.
    • Standard Double Room - First Floor

Very nice, friendly staff. The bed's were soooooo comfy!

Friendly hosts.

Friendly hosts. Clean rooms.

Very clean and comfortable good host good breakfast.
    • Standard Double Room - First Floor

Very clean and comfortable good host good breakfast.

Really lovely, lovely place, lovely staff! Definitely be back!

Better parking facilities. More towels

Room was lovely, clean and spacious. Massive bathroom!

Satisfactory.
    • Twin Room - First Floor

Double bed was too small and bed covers too heavy. (Personal Preferences)

Bathroom much larger than standard.

Would definitely stay there next time we are in Blackpool

Parking.

The hosts were very friendly and attentive. The breakfast was great. Very clean and comfortable. Excellent value for money.

Very welcoming and lovely owners. Great stay, great food, locations good. All round great stay
    • Family Room - Second Floor (2 Adults + 1 Child)

If only we booked another nights stay

We both really enjoyed the whole stay - the owners were lovely

Very happy with my stay

Everything very good

Bright and clean

Looked dated from outside

Bright and clean

Clean and tidy, Comfortable bed, decent breakfast and nice...

Noisy fan in ensuite

Clean and tidy, Comfortable bed, decent breakfast and nice owners who go further to make you feel welcome.

very enjoyable would recommend to anyone wanting to visit blackpool
    • Family Room - Second Floor (2 Adults + 1 Child)

very good breakfast and very comfortable atmosphere

Wonderful.
    • Family Room - Second Floor (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Bed was really comfortable. Breakfast was humorous and enjoyable.

Can't wait too go back
    • Family Room - Second Floor (2 Adults + 1 Child)

They was so great with my daughter. So friendly nothing was too much with a lot knowledge of things too do

I liked that my son was accepted even with his autism

I liked that my son was accepted even with his autism

Really enjoyed it

Loved it

Everything was spot on perfect

Fantastic bed and breakfast

Perfect

Wellcoming hosts, fantastic comfortable rooms and good service.

Clean room and friendly staff.
    • Premier Double Room - First Floor

Clean room and friendly staff. Lovely breakfast and nice new bathroom. Good location easy to find and not too far fron centre.

Grant was a top bloke, definitely recommended

Grant was a top bloke, definitely recommended

Best b&b we have stayed at..

The host's

the owners were so nice nothing was a problem xx
    • Family Room - Second Floor (2 Adults + 1 Child)

there was nothing that I didn't like xx

the owners were so nice nothing was a problem xx

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

The Shower tempreture control was very hit and miss ,either...
    • Standard Double Room - First Floor

The Shower tempreture control was very hit and miss ,either far to hot or cold

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

Lovely B&B Clean & Comfortable
    • Standard Double Room - First Floor

Lovely owners,room was spotless. Had everything we needed. Great value for money, will defiantly be back. Thankyou