Reviews of Marlin Apartments Canary Wharf 4 stars

9-11 Byng Street,(Off Westferry Road),South Quay, Tower Hamlets, London, E14 8GG, United Kingdom

#614 of 1,490 Holiday rentals in London

Based on 770 apartment reviews

The property was really big and we had the balcony, clean,...
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

There were a few rif raf youths outside the hotel but nothing to worry about

The property was really big and we had the balcony, clean, comfortable, excellent stay. The location. Also had the Thames just opposite which was amazing for a night walks.

Couple of glitches but would definitely stay here again
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Check in was fine, although the lady seemed quite flustered with us and other guests. We had trouble getting the tv working and also the hot water had been turned off. We called Reception numerous times and were told someone was coming, but they never did. We finally just fiddled with things and worked it all out ourselves. :-( Got totally fed up with the washer/dryer as it woudn't spin out or dry things properly at all. Not sure if it's just that model or if it wasn't working. Would still stay here again though as we loved the great apartment and location. :-)

A beautiful apartment, well equipped with good appliances, quality bedding and comfortable beds. We were blessed to be on the top floor so had the unexpected bonus of a verandah overlooking the city. Spent some happy moments there with the family enjoying the view over a glass of something and snacks. (Don't think all apartments have the verandah). We also liked the location. With only 3 days in London to see the sights, Canary Wharf was a good option for our budget. Only a block back from the Thames River (which meant we could hire bikes to ride along the river or go for an evening stroll), and close to public transport, it didn't take long at all to get into London Central.

Fantastic value, great staff and perfect location. You will not be dissapointed.
    • Studio Apartment

That we couldn't stay longer

This is our second visit here, a group of 5 ladies looking to have a great time in London. The location to Canary Wharf is excellent and the staff couldn't be more helpful.

Average room and expensive considering what you’re getting.
    • Studio Apartment

No air conditioning, staff were confused about parking and took forever to give us our apartment. Apartments had broken items and were a little worse for wear, unlike the pictures online.

Cooking facilities and fridge freezer etc in apartment.

The fact that there was a dishwasher so no washing up...
    • Studio Apartment

There was no air conditioning, just a fan. The apartment was worse than a sauna so we could not sleep, not even with the balcony doors totally opened. There also was no sofa. It was a retractable bed attached to a sofa underneath (the type that you lift up) which would not close properly (mattress too thick for it, maybe? We could not work it out) and was extremely heavy to lift. The room smelt of cigarettes even though it was a non smoking apartment. When I mentioned this upon leaving, I was told that people probably smoke on the balcony. When I mentioned the sauna, I was told that's just the way the buildings were made, no air con. The fan provided was no use in these conditions.

The fact that there was a dishwasher so no washing up required. The toiletries in the bathroom were of good quality. There was a bath with shower. Easy checking in and out.

Really good location, easy check in and check out.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

We stayed here a number of years ago which is why we booked again. They are now a bit tired and not as clean as our last stay. There was a blood stain on the bedding which wasn’t pleasant. The road itself is very busy and noisy but that’s not the hotels fault. I’m also still waiting for the £200 pending deposit to be credited back to my account but it’s only been a few days.

Really good location, easy check in and check out. Staff were super friendly and helpful. Apartments are well equipped and tea/coffee, dishwasher tablets were particularly surprising. Lovely Occitane smellies in the bathrooms was an added bonus.

Definately recommend staying here!
    • Family Two-Bedroom Apartment

There was nothing I didn't like. Although TV didn't work. Although was was meant to be sky. It didn't work.

Very spacious open clean friendly staff

Clean, comfortable & everything you need for a...
    • Studio Apartment

The price has gone up so I can’t stay each week

Clean, comfortable & everything you need for a comfortable stay. Much better than a stuffy hotel room. Paid £104 for a single room. Great value. I work in London every week & would book this every time if it hadn’t gone up to £150 per night

Great location with easy access to public transport but outside of the hustle and bustle
    • Studio Apartment

I was a bit surprised by the extra charge for parking, I have since rechecked the listing and it is there in the small print but I think it could be a bit more obvious. We were lucky to have really warm weather when we were staying but the apartment was quite hot with limited ventilation, air conditioning is probably too much to ask for at this price but perhaps a fan?

Great location, easy access to West End as onlly a 10 minute walk to Canary Wharf Station for the Jubilee line or the Docklands Light Railway, there is a large shopping mall next to the station as well. Just around the corner is a Tesco Express which is open long hours. Having the whole apartment meant that we could cook for ourselves if we wanted to. Parking directly under the block is very handy although there is an extra charge for this.

Overall, great stay.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Traffic noise particularly when windows need to be kept open, but I appreciate not much anyone can do about this. But minor point in the overall experience.

Friendly, responsive staff - Ionela and Alex. Eager to help.

The most chilled out trip ever!
    • Studio Apartment

No AC but it wasn’t a problem because Alex found us a fan!

Alex was the nicest host ever he made up feel completely at ease and we were able to enjoy the stay much more because of his excellent service

Excellent! Couldn’t fault anything.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Amazing value for money for an excellent quality 2 bed apartment in a popular area of London. Only 5-10mins walk to Canary Wharf underground and shopping centre

Marlin apartments are an excellent alternative to hotels for short or long stays in London.
    • Studio Apartment

On arrival I was upgraded from a studio to a huge two-bedroom/two-bathroom apartment without even requesting it. The staff at the front desk were very warm, welcoming and helpful. I have stayed at other Marlin apartments before. They are modern, spacious, quiet and attractively furnished with the sort of kitchen and washing facilities that a traveller needs. They feel much more like a home than a hotel.

We stayed at Marlins Apartments Canary wharf for 9 days with...
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

We stayed at Marlins Apartments Canary wharf for 9 days with my wife. After checking out we realised that we left our charger in the room. So, Roger(the manager) gave my daughter the keys to get the charger from the room. The house keeping staff and supervisor came and started yelling and insulting my PREGNANT daughter and my wife for going in to the room after checking out. Which it was the manager who gave her the key to get our belongings. The supervisor went to the extend of saying to my daughter "i will call the police and you must pay for the night for going back to the apartment." This has caused emotional distress to my poor pregnant daughter that just came to pick us up from the hotel. Roger has apologised on her behalf but a verbal appology is not enough for such ill treatment and harassment to my family. This staff of urs has made a dent and tarnished the good image of such a reputable organisation in our face. Hope you will look into this and take necessary action to avoid putting your guests at what my family went through.

We will definately stay again
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The toilet flush was hard to push

The staff on reception were always helpful and pleasant to deal with. The apartment was large and comfortable so we found it was great after a long day sightseeing in London. Being able to make our own meals was a big costsaving

Great stay
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

There was a peculiar smell in the apartment like tobacco which was everywhere on the sofas, bedspreads, etc air freshener might b essential. The only thing that we did not like is that there was No Netflix and the bed kept on running back and forth it has no break lol.

The location was perfect. There was a tesco just 5 mins walking from the Apartment and the city is just amazing, lovely place to be. We loved the apartment as a whole, comfortable bed, nice and modern kitchen

A nice bank holiday get away
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Standard of the flat wasn’t that great, i was checked into 4a originally which had no working phone, broken table..

I had stayed at go native apartment before and I somehow expected this to be like it but it wasn’t. It wasn’t luxurious, however the staff were friendly and Roger (I hope I got his name correctly..tall guy with glasses) was excellent at trying to find a room that me too my needs.

Fun
    • Studio Apartment

Was confused as to why I gave my card to the host and £200 receipt! When i was only meant to pay £130. I’m not sure if the £200 has come out my account, but if someone could explain I’d reay appreciate it.

Very surprised at how big the apartment was!

Good price, needs adjustments made but would stay again. Friendly staff at reception
    • Studio Apartment

The curtains were broken and absolutely filthy, the floor was also cracked and and parts of the kitchen were falling apart. The rooms also looked a lot different and bigger and the photos to what it was in person. Couldnt check in till 3pm And had to be out of the room for 10:30!! Far too early!!

Clean and tidy, nice bathroom, free WiFi and some sky channels

The accommodation is quite old and shabby for the price. Quite a walk from the station
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The accommodation did not look like the pictures shown on booking.com, it was much smaller and very basic, it was old and a lot of money needs to be spent on it to bring it up to the standard that we expected. For the price we definitely expected more. There are much better places to stay in London for the same or similar price. Canary Wharf is great and has a lot to offer and there are some great deals in hotels there. We will be very careful in the future to book accomodation based on pictures and reviews, we feel we paid a lot for this apartment and if it was like the photos, we would have been happy -- but it wasn't.

It was okay
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

They only provide certain things, No washing up liquid to was dishes, only dish washer Just give you water and milk so make sure you bring your own food

Bed, cleaness of the apartment

Perfect place to stay
    • Family Two-Bedroom Apartment

Тhere is nothibg bad that I can say

Тhe penthouse was very clean and comfortable. Big bedrooms and bathrooms and nice living room. The terrace was nice and big with a wonderful view .the South Quay station is approx 4 min walk and the Canary Wharf station not more than 6 min.

The space of the apartment.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The check in process was cumbersome, most of the issues appeared to be on the booking.com end. If booking.com had got it right the first time (not issued a booking confirmation and then cancelled simultaneously) or had been more responsive when the issue came up it would have been a better stay.

The space of the apartment. Location

Great staff, good location
    • Studio Apartment

The staff were extremely courteous and helpful, which made my stay very enjoyable. Further, it is a mere 10 minute walk from Canary Wharf, making the location excellent for Business Travel. The studios are spacious, and well equipped with everything that one could need for cooking. I hugely enjoyed my stay there and when the need arises, I would be more than happy to return here

Since this stay, we have booked for two further occasions.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Perhaps the sound insulation (road noise) could be improved.

The apartment was reasonably well equipped and there was parking on-site. Although we didn't have reason to use it, it was reassuring to have the 24/7 concierge service. The location was perfect for the Thames Clipper into the city.

A relaxing place to enjoy better then a hotel. Wasn’t happy with cleanses in the kitchen & bathroom.
    • Studio Apartment

Didn’t like the tv being so low to see from bed! The bath wasn’t cleaned properly. The drinking glasses still had stain on them.

Like the room space an balcony.

I was disappointed with the whole thing when booking it the...
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

I was disappointed with the whole thing when booking it the pictures and what the room appeared to look like online was nothing like it in real life There was thick dust all over the apartment and the only view we had was of a run down council block which had noisy unwelcoming behaviour all night long, will not recommend nor stay there again.

SHORT PLEASANT STAY.
    • Studio Apartment

WE COULDN'T FIND A COFFEE MACHINE FOR THE COFFEE GROUNDS AND COULD HAVE DONE WITH MORE TOILET ROLL.

ROGER GREETED US AND DIRECTED US TO THE CAR PARK BEFORE CHECK IN. THE CHECK IN PROCESS WAS STRAIGHT FORWARD AND THE ROOM WAS PERFECT FOR WHAT WE WERE LOOKING FOR.

Great location and friendly helpful man on reception
    • Studio Apartment

The master bedroom had twin beds joined together that rolled apart. Not good so moved to the 2nd bedroom , slept like a baby

Great location and friendly helpful man on reception Very clean spacious apartment

Very comfortable
    • Studio Apartment

Could have had a heads up about having £200 pre authorised from my account. Also why was the front door locked during working hours? I would understand night time, but when you're stood outside in the freezing cold for 15 mins until someone leaving opens the door for you. Not even a buzzer.

Very comfortable

A good stay, friendly and helpful staff, great location
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Bedroom light was very dim, no batteries in TV remote, no coffee just tea bags....was on ground floor so more noisy (had requested higher floor).

Clean and tidy, comfortable.

The bed was huge, the flat was spacious and clean and the...
    • Studio Apartment

Somewhere to play music, such as some Bluetooth speakers would have been a nice addition.

The bed was huge, the flat was spacious and clean and the lounge was perfect for a relaxing evening in after a busy day of sight seeing.

Location great for access to the O2.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Strong smell of stale cigarette smoke throughout apartment.

Location great for access to the O2. Easy parking (£15 per night). Smooth and efficient check in. Really spacious apartment and very clean.

reception staff (on the day) were unprofessional - the room was great.
    • Studio Apartment

No one at reception - no response from email earlier in day. After waiting outside with a group of other people someone turned up with their takeaway and was not interested in checking us in - I almost just walked away but too tired. After getting to the room - all this disappeared as the room was perfect.

The apartment was great - very well equipped and felt more like being at home than a dull hotel - rooms were good size and beds were comfy.

Flat was a great size with excellent views.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The whole place was 'down at heel'. Tired decor, aging bathrooms. Incredulously loud bathroom extractor fans. Limited and expensive parking. 1 towel per bathroom. Staff unable to communicate clearly in English. Directed at the thrifty itinerant city worker.

Flat was a great size with excellent views.

Spacious
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

I didn’t like the fact the the cleaners woke me up at 10am when I was in deep sleep, and they just helped them self into the apartment when the check out meant to be at 10.30, I find this very rude and not ecceptable. Also the check out time should change to 11am at least

The apartment was very spacious good parking

Great base for a family weekend

Slightly odd that we're given a sachet of ground cofffee, but no cafeteria to make it in. Dining room chairs weren't very comfortable. Be careful where you park - we watched 2 cars being towed away from double yellow lines outside. Our car was fine.

Apartments were very spacious. Short walk from Canary Wharf station. Plenty of places to eat nearby. Very friendly and helpful staff, especially the lady who checked us in.

Good value and spacious
    • Family Two-Bedroom Apartment

The lounge blinds weren't all working. Blackout blinds would have been more practical to allow the people using the sofa bed more time to sleep.

It was spacious and clean. It had 2 bathrooms. Perfect for a family if 6.

everything was lovely apart from the receptionist
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

one of the receptionist where rude to other people and when you called down to the desk her attitude was poor

literally everything was amazing it was perfect for a valentines get away i will definitely be booking regularly.

Amazing apartment
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Nothing to complain about :)

Their property was clean, organised and very spacious I loved the view outside the balcony. Their staff was friendly had a lovely time there.

• Studio Apartment

No hot water Kitchen utensils were dirty Towels were dirty We could not even shower which is ridiculous Will be demanding refund

There wasn’t much to like

Very horrible will not be coming back again. Not worth all that money I paid.
    • Studio Apartment

The bed was broken from the bottom and held together with cellotape, the bath was also broken, the room was very small compared to the pictures shown, at a couple points over the days we ran out of hot water. Not at all worth all the money I spent. The staff at check in also were not friendly at all.

That it’s based in Canary Wharf

Staff were fairly friendly.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Location was a nightmare. Cars getting stuck on tight road out the front that we’re beeping still at gone 11pm. Apartments were no frills, basic, uninspiring, depressing decor, dated kitchen, mouldy bathroom, curtains hanging off. All pretty disappointing and delighted to get out of there as early as possible in the morning.

Staff were fairly friendly.

Canary Wharf appts
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Little items like lights on side tables not working and heating off, had to get reception chap to turn on heating. Curtains also not able to close properly as pull mechanism broken.

Very spacious, good views

Good apartment, no soundproof, no kettle.
    • Studio Apartment

We were unable to sleep as long as people upstairs were awake. Though they weren’t noisy but there is no proper sound proof in the building we could even hear the shower running upstairs.

It's like having your own appartment - nice and ideally...
    • Studio Apartment

Wasn't aware of the £200 deposit that needs to be paid on top of the stay. When I'm staying for 1 night - that's £300 and told i need to wait up to 7 days to get the deposit back. Excessive for 1 Night, i would not stay again for short stay, however if i stay for a week or more, it's an option - although deposit? you could stay at a hotel for less without the hassle. hmm.

It's like having your own appartment - nice and ideally suited for longer stays than 1 night like myself. Everything works fine. Staff helpful and friendly. Good Bed, Bathroom, Kitchen, Living room all fine.

Receptionist seemed to not be able to handle the business of...
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Receptionist seemed to not be able to handle the business of a hotel reception. Losing paperwork and then having an attitude when I asked her to lower tone after she had a go at us about the room.

Quiet location with very good proportions to the accomodation
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Rather run down, several lights not functioning, towel rail heater not functioning, couldn't get the dishwasher to turn on

Quiet location with easy access to Canary Wharf

Quite n safe area to stay
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The toilet flash in master bed room it's very difficult to use, shower drainage is poor,needed to be checked, cleaning of the apartment needed to be more often as we stay for 12nite ,they only cleaned once, no safe box in the apartments.

The staffs are very friendly n help,very warm welcome when we arrived, hotel has a mobile for you to use n can carry with you out side with internet,very useful. Supermarket n take away just few minutes walking distance. Very good for family long stay. Bus stop just outside hotel if u don't want walk to undergrand station which will take u 15mins walk.

Very poor
    • Studio Apartment

Poor service No hot water in the morning Television not working On both occasions staff we not bothered to help Noise from other residents till 5/6am - limited sleep

Apartment near central London
    • Studio Apartment

Not sure where to start... room rented out next door to a group of youths who had an all night party..fighting outside apartments. Constant noise. Staff did nothing to sort this out. Feel so strongly a refund is due!

Apartment near central London

Would only go back as a last resort.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The property smelt like an old cloth. Bedding has stains on, pillows were stained too. Bathroom was basic not even basic handwash. The flush mechanism on the toilet was terrible it wad do stiff that I had pains in my finger after using it. When i got to the property i realised there was sky tv but no remote, i called reception and explained to which they said they will be up right away. The concierge came after a whole hour with just a TV remote and explained to me that freeview is better than sky and I should just use that.

Welcome on arrival.

Spacious service apartment w full facilities.
    • Studio Apartment

Centralised heating gave us a bit of trouble.

Spacious, clean, well maintained, high speed wifi, quiet and easily accessible to the best bars in Canary Wharf.

I was offered an upgrade to a 3 bedroom apartment the day...
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

I was offered an upgrade to a 3 bedroom apartment the day before my arrival. When I got there, nothing had been logged on the system reflecting this. I had informed some more friends that travelled from far that they could also stay but since they didn’t reserve the 3 bedroom apartment for me, my guests who travelled from Bristol had to find alternative arrangements.

Clean, spacious and good location to Canary Wharf
    • Studio Apartment

I didn't receive prior notice of where to collect keys from.

I was expecting a studio, but was upgraded to a regular apartment for no extra cost - so big thumbs up! It was spacious and clean and also had all the essentials needed for a nights stay. It was very comfortable, however it was a little noisy on the street outside, but that couldn't be helped, as I stayed on Halloween night. It was still a nice stay, and I would recommend it. Also, there was a lift in the block which was handy for me, as I had baggage.

Checkout for most places is usually 12pm but the checkout...
    • Studio Apartment

Checkout for most places is usually 12pm but the checkout was 10am which was early for me and had to pay an extra £30 to stay until 12pm. The other room's bathroom was completely under renovation with dust everywhere on the floor. This was fine since we only wanted one room anyway and they gave us a 2 bedroom, but it was still very dusty and the floor in the hallway was dirty because of it. We weren't told this on arrival and walked in with a bin bag and vacuum cleaner in the hallway.

An uneasy sleep in a tired apartment... though lovely reception team and good wifi.
    • Studio Apartment

The apartment was hard-used, tired and in need of basic maintenance and a hygienic deep clean. Broken base of bed, broken kitchen kickboards, dents in walls, cracked and stained units, dusty wardrobe, and worst of all, a stained toilet and toe nail clippings on the bathroom floor. I don't doubt that housekeeping do their best in the time they get to turn apartments around – everything was superficially clean, particularly sinks and bath – but as soon as you look closely or in the corners, it's all a bit grotty. The apartments also don't feel very secure – they are accessed by a keyfob as reception in a separate block. Tailgating in would be easy, which didn't help me sleep easily. I got the apartment at discounted rate, and even so, felt it poor value. The reality is more akin to an AirBnB bargain than what I'd expect of a premium chain. Very disappointing. It's also quite hard to find – if you're arriving late at night, I'd suggest you approach from Westferry Rd end of Byng St, as the other way is poorly lit and a bit scary. Also, the view if you're on the Byng St side is straight out onto an estate... nothing like the photos of a pretty waterside view!

The receptionists were super-friendly, professional and helpful at check in and check out – great. I also liked the filter coffee, decent basic crockery and pans etc, and the layout of the studio – if the facilities had been in good condition, I'd have given it a high score. Fast, free wifi also excellent.

We were unable to get into reception to check-in as nobody...
    • Studio Apartment

We were unable to get into reception to check-in as nobody was at the front desk to let us in. Once we were able to get in we then had to wait for the "manager" to check us in. This took quite a long time just to check-in!

Good apart from above .
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Batteries needed chaning on alarm system made a noise all night. Clients in the property below very noisy loud music and bad languauge all night .

Lovely very comfortable spacious .

• Studio Apartment

Was a weird place not so much like the pictures online. Also check out time is 1030am and if you want to check out any later you must pay. We stayed til 12 and were charged an extra 30pounds for this “luxury” Place is old and there is nowhere in the complex to get drinks or snacks. You could also feel the springs in the bed. Towels were nice though

Towels were nice

Horrendous experience!!
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Spoke to amoo (reservations) who said I would have to move to a different appartment with 2 single rooms rather than the two bed apartment I booked and paid for. I advised that given my early booking and payment the conversation about moving should be had with whoever booked after. There was back and forth during my 3hr drive to the apartments which concluding in Amoo saying she had resolved the issue, 'my 2 bed apartment was secure' and to proceed to the venue. When I arrived no room had been allocated and amoo had gone home as head office was closed.

On the drive up to the hotel I called to book parking only to realize they had not allocated me a room despite me booking 3 weeks in advance and them taking an immediate payment at the point of booking.

Good location but needs tlc
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Our apartment 7a was shabby for the money we paid. Shower trays didn't drain properly, tv remote was broken, curtains hanging off the rail, air condition didn't appear to be wired in properly. Needed tlc, so not great quality accommodation.

Good location, the 2 bed apartment was spacious.

Excellent stay !!
    • Studio Apartment

I can honestly say the staff , especially one individual , who made sure our stay the best stay ! The rooms were clean and everything was in place , I cannot fault the service !

A very easy and relaxing stay. We had a wonderful weekend.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

We came off the tube at Canary Wharf and took a taxi to the apartment. The guy on reception was friendly and helpful, with regards to locations of the tube and the clipper taxi. Clean spacious apartment with a balcony and a view of the river, the view was to the side of the apartment but we still got our view :D. Comfy beds. An all round wonderful stay which was perfectly located for the O2, which we took the clipper too.

Review of Marlin apartments
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The bed was uncomfortable, the sky box didn't work as the aerial was broken and the bedroom curtains didn't open.

It was very clean, tidy and spacious.

Not too Shabby
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Not too bad, I made sure to bring Fifa 18 and my PS4 pro this time. I arrived and I was given the B side. Check in was quick and easy and the woman at the front was friendly and that, I liked the layout of the 1-bed apartment with balcony and It was alright with Tesco down the way. I think marlin need to make sure the WIFI is working however because I had to end up connecting VIA the router however on the keyring it gave me a code that did not work for the room

Not good
    • Family Two-Bedroom Apartment

The lift did not work during our stay . Apartment was on 6th floor and with bad back already this did not help but aggravate it further by climbing stairs. The apartments was not prepared fully to have 5 guest as booked

Location of the property

they upgraded us to a penthouse - it was nice offer after...
    • Studio Apartment

The penthouse floor is very slippering when wet - i fell over on this. Also the company called me over several days with different people confirming my reservation and then cancelling it and moved us from canary wharf to limehouse - therefore we had to pay extra for taxis back to our night out in canary wharf. Limehouse was a 25 minute walk and the area is more run down. The office is very disorganised and people answering the phones all give u different info.

they upgraded us to a penthouse - it was nice offer after they moved us to different location

Good place for a good time at a great city.
    • Family Two-Bedroom Apartment

The apartment was a bit noise because of traffic but it didn´t prevent from sleeping, reading or relaxing. No sponge or soap for handwashing the crockery, and although there was a washing machine it was a waste to use it everytime.

Personal were friendly and helpuful at all times. Many entertaiment and restaurants around in a different atmosphere to London center. The location is good but distant from the center of London. Quite area at afternoon, after the busy day in London center. Good comunication by public transport. You can walk to Grenenwich and run along the parks and Thames path.

If you can deal with dirt then this place is for you
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The £500 charge for any damage The cleanliness was disgusting- spiders. Dust. Sticky telephone. Sqeeky matress- i broke out in a rash on my body after sleeping on that matress! The receptionist was great but agreed to our face that the cleanliness was poor! Oh and forgot about the awful odur when we walked in! Felt like i was in student halls

Not that great.
    • Studio Apartment

The staff were un professional During check in as we had to wait for staff to finish something on a computer before we were attended too. When we finally went through the check in process we request a late out from the lady at the desk. When we checked out the next day they seemed to have forgotten that we requested a late check out ( even though the lady who checked us in was also checking us out) Also a large group of people were hanging out in the very small lobby which made everything a bit awkward because everyone was very loud. Also a large group of people were hanging out directly outside the property,(our room was facing them) they were outside making noise until the early hours of the morning. The wifi in the property did not work during our entire stay even though we called to the reception to see if they could fix it.(they never did) The room was clean but the corridors in the property (the carpet mainly) could use a hoover.

• Studio Apartment

Really does need air con , very warm but there was a fan which helped . Also we had requested parking which was one of the reasons we booked this . We did get a space but were told if we had checked in any later , we checked in at 4pm which was the earliest check in allowed , we would not have had a parking space , this would have been a massive problem to us and we would not have been able to stay . If parking is unavailable we should be told when booking , I requested this in the booking request and also phoned marlin to check we had parking booked .

Alright
    • Studio Apartment

That 500 deposit wasn't clearly informed on page. 500 on deposit and doesn't come straight back into the account the same day as check out

The place

Marlin Canary Wharf was a pleasure to stay in. The staff were friendly, the apartment was nice!
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

When I first arrived I was mistakenly given the wrong room. I notified staff and the next day they fixed the problem immediately and upgraded us to a penthouse suite free of charge! Staff were fantastic!

How easy it was to contact staff if there were any questions and the cleanliness and large size of the apartment

Not what you expect in the middle of canary wharf
    • Family Two-Bedroom Apartment

Where do I begin, told I need to pay a 500 pounds pre authorisation when the email said 200 pounds. Requested a sofa bed within the apartment as there were no 3 beds available, which this was not provided I went to ask for a camp bed of some sort which they could still could not provide and was told to sleep on the sofa and for 6ft3 guy wasn't the best solution. We hassled them again which to be fair they did allow me to sleep in another apartment for the night. There is no air con in the apartments and we were provided with a broken fan. Half a plug socket was missing so the wires were visible, not ideal for kids(I do have pictures). The cleanliness of the apartment wasn't up to standard. Blonde hairs on the seat which must of been from previous occupiers. Dried sick down behind the bed. Traffic noise outside the apartment was manic, cars tooting during the night which meant no sleep. Last but not least the smell of weed lurking through the corridors was not acceptable. I certainly won't be using them again, 500+ for 2 nights in the middle of Canary Wharf you'd expect top spec apartments. Disappointing.